PDA

View Full Version : Has FCS Broke the Glass Ceiling of College Football in 2013?

BluBengal07
September 17th, 2013, 04:03 PM
I'm sitting here working and started back listening to the Pat O'Brien and Steve Hartman radio show on iHeart, I believe it's call "Fox Sports Primetime", on Fox Sports Radio. Right when I got on, they were questioning about how is NDSU getting such good players and, I believe, comparing that to Texas and Michigan State. They continued with talking about App St's win over Michigan and their quality of playing that year. Also, how to pronounce Appalachian. LOL

Has FCS finally earned the respect/recognition it has been craving for from the major networks? Is this just a Cinderella year for FCS or FCS is quality football that the masses have been missing out on and will continue to SHOCK the nation?

clenz
September 17th, 2013, 04:13 PM
No. This is a "fad" discussion that happens every year. The FBS will still have a90 plus percent win percentage against the fcs this year

Sent from a, likely, NSA tracked device

Lehigh Football Nation
September 17th, 2013, 04:17 PM
No. This is a "fad" discussion that happens every year. The FBS will still have a90 plus percent win percentage against the fcs this year

True. However, I do think it's weird that this discussion is still going on in Week 4. I think that counts for something.

clenz
September 17th, 2013, 04:19 PM
True. However, I do think it's weird that this discussion is still going on in Week 4. I think that counts for something.

It's really not though. CGD going to NDSU is an exception to that.

The discussion isn't really happening anywhere it doesn't usually happen this time of year

Bronco
September 17th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Nope

Leading up to the Texas A & M/Alabama game the talking heads picking Alabama kept saying look at the yards SHSU piled on A & M

I kept yelling at the radio "because they're a great team"

They will always continue to say things like "he's a good player but wait until he sees good competition"

Hate them for their attitude...especially Kirk Herbstreit

chattownmocs
September 17th, 2013, 04:47 PM
I'm sitting here working and started back listening to the Pat O'Brien and Steve Hartman radio show on iHeart, I believe it's call "Fox Sports Primetime", on Fox Sports Radio. Right when I got on, they were questioning about how is NDSU getting such good players and, I believe, comparing that to Texas and Michigan State. They continued with talking about App St's win over Michigan and their quality of playing that year. Also, how to pronounce Appalachian. LOL

Has FCS finally earned the respect/recognition it has been craving for from the major networks? Is this just a Cinderella year for FCS or FCS is quality football that the masses have been missing out on and will continue to SHOCK the nation?

No, you have to actually beat someone people respect.