PDA

View Full Version : James Madison 52 Northeastern 14

JMU Duke Dog
September 24th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Here are some articles from today's Daily News-Record out of Harrisonburg about last night's game...

http://dnronline.com/sports_details.php?AID=6465&CHID=3

Dukes Slam Northeastern

By Mike Barber

HARRISONBURG – Stagnant turned explosive.

After two disappointing showings, James Madison’s offense erupted, ripping off two scoring plays of more than 70 yards in the first 10 minutes and rolling over Northeastern 52-14 in the Atlantic 10 football opener for both teams.

“It started about as bad as it could happen,” Northeastern coach Rocky Hager said. “In essence, their speed was able to get advantage of us early.”

The Dukes (2-1 overall, 1-0 in the A-10) racked up 559 yards of offense – 399 in the first half – and oft-injured senior tailback Alvin Banks scored four touchdowns.

(click here to continue... (http://dnronline.com/sports_details.php?AID=6465&CHID=3))

http://dnronline.com/sports_details.php?AID=6466&CHID=3

Shake And Baker
L.C. Baker played a key role in JMU's victory Saturday.

By Dustin Dopirak

HARRISONBURG – In the first two games of James Madison’s season, L.C. Baker was the Dukes’ buoy.

When JMU’s plodding offense needed a play to finally put pesky Bloomsburg in its place, the Dukes’ junior wide receiver was there to give it to them, taking a screen pass and bolting down the left sideline for a 52-yard score. When Madison needed something, anything, to make a game out of its matchup with defending Division I-AA champion Appalachian State, Baker was there again, hauling in a 47-yard touchdown pass on a post route to cut the Mountaineers’ lead to 21-10, though that was the closest JMU would get.

And, not surprisingly, when the Dukes finally did get their offensive act together in a 52-14 explosion against Northeastern on Saturday at Bridgeforth Stadium, Baker was a big reason why. The Richmond native hauled in seven passes for 134 yards and two touchdowns.

(click here to continue... (http://dnronline.com/sports_details.php?AID=6466&CHID=3))

Dane96
September 24th, 2006, 10:22 AM
LOL...dude, you had to put the score in bold like that? Man, you could have just said: "Post-Game Articles JMU-NU."

Man, that is some lockeroom headline.

;)

JMU Duke Dog
September 24th, 2006, 05:48 PM
JMU has now posted the highlight reel from yesterday's game...

http://www.jmusports.com/include/AdCode/abmc.asp?b=105&z=20

th0m
September 24th, 2006, 06:09 PM
Sweet!

AppGuy04
September 24th, 2006, 06:21 PM
So where did they find success after struggling in the first 3 games

JMU2004
September 24th, 2006, 06:27 PM
I guess things just came together....the talent has been there, but the timing was off. On Saturday, it all came together

AppGuy04
September 24th, 2006, 06:30 PM
I guess things just came together....the talent has been there, but the timing was off. On Saturday, it all came together

maybe the opponent had something to do with it:twocents:

JMU Duke Dog
September 24th, 2006, 06:32 PM
maybe the opponent had something to do with it:twocents:

We will find out on Oct. 14th when JMU makes the trek up north to UNH. Until then the Dukes must take care of business this upcoming week against VMI and the following week against Rhode Island.

JMU Duke Dog
September 24th, 2006, 06:41 PM
I find it very interesting that before the game many AGS posters here were predicting a close game between JMU and Northeastern and a few even had Northeastern winning and then completely dismissing the Huskies after the Dules were up 42-0 at the half. What happened to NDSU fans saying how good of a defense Northeastern had? I was thoroughly impressed with how JMU offense's came together last night. That first half last night was the most solid football playing I have ever seen a Dukes squad produce including our postseason run in 2004. If we can click like that on all cylinders, then JMU is a true legitimate national title contender this season.

AppGuy04
September 24th, 2006, 06:41 PM
We will find out on Oct. 14th when JMU makes the trek up north to UNH. Until then the Dukes must take care of business this upcoming week against VMI and the following week against Rhode Island.

both of which should be easy wins

JMU Duke Dog
September 24th, 2006, 06:42 PM
both of which should be easy wins

Bloomsburg was supposed to have been an easy win as well. :o xlolx

One week at a time! This week will be focused on beating the Keydets in Lexington.

AppGuy04
September 24th, 2006, 06:44 PM
I just think you guys schedule is hurting you, as far as preparing you for a game like UNH

JMU Duke Dog
September 24th, 2006, 06:47 PM
I just think you guys schedule is hurting you, as far as preparing you for a game like UNH

:confused:

JMU played at Appalachian State and cannot change its conference schedule. The rough stretch for JMU starts with UNH which is followed by W&M, Richmond, Delaware, Villanova, and Towson.

AppGuy04
September 24th, 2006, 06:51 PM
:confused:

JMU played at Appalachian State and cannot change its conference schedule. The rough stretch for JMU starts with UNH which is followed by W&M, Richmond, Delaware, Villanova, and Towson.

I know you can't change it, but Northeastern, VMI and Rhody will not prepare you for what UNH brings. I just think your schedule sets up badly thats all.

JMU Duke Dog
September 24th, 2006, 06:54 PM
I know you can't change it, but Northeastern, VMI and Rhody will not prepare you for what UNH brings. I just think your schedule sets up badly thats all.

The Dukes will just have to deal with what was dealt! :nod:

JMUfan2008
September 24th, 2006, 09:49 PM
if we play the way we did last night against everyone else, I think we would be able to beat everyone but UNH and Richmond...they'll give us some trouble though I wouldn't count us out of those games :cool:

I agree that there was an incredible flipflop of people on AGS...some had us losing by 2 or 3 TD's (though that was a minority), but everyone had it as atleast a close game if not worse, then when we crush them everyone immediately counts them as being a terrible team...what's up?

jmufootball2
September 24th, 2006, 10:09 PM
i believe that there are haters out there. IF this team can play like this everytime, even UNH should be scared. some people cant get over the fact the jmu is good.

JMU2004
September 24th, 2006, 10:09 PM
yup...the pre-game predictions were decidedly anti-JMU.

Yet, we go out and play well, and now everyone says NE sucks.

We are not as good as the score indicates, just as NE is not that bad!!!! xcoffeex :read: I honestly DO NOT understand the anti-JMU attitude that some people have though....

AGS is always fun to read.....extremes are the norm!

JMU2004
September 24th, 2006, 10:12 PM
i believe that there are haters out there. IF this team can play like this everytime, even UNH should be scared. some people cant get over the fact the jmu is good.

I don't know if JMU can beat UNH, but we def. have the kind of offense that can keep Santos and Ball off the field....... Our only chance to stay close is to run the ball, and force 2 turnovers. Easier said than done!!!! :bang: :bow:

jmufootball2
September 24th, 2006, 10:47 PM
our only chance is to run the ball? what about passing it? we have the ability to score from anywhere on the field, just as unh. it will be a high scoring close game.