PDA

View Full Version : Southeastern Louisiana vs SDSU Highlights

lionsrking2
September 16th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Tough to stomach if you're a Lion fan, but clean things up and we'll be tough to beat from here on out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awlDhOBcbhQ

Twentysix
September 16th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Wow, SELA would have been picked a lot against NDSU. Your qb made tons of bad choices and they just somehow worked out.

lionsrking2
September 16th, 2013, 09:26 PM
Wow, SELA would have been picked a lot against NDSU. Your qb made tons of bad choices and they just somehow worked out.

Bennett played his ass off ... he had three bad reads into coverage, and made one bad under throw that should have been an easy TD for us. Otherwise, he threw darts, on the money, including a couple of drops. Too bad the INTs clouded what could have been National Player of the Week type performance.

Twentysix
September 16th, 2013, 11:53 PM
Bennett played his ass off ... he had three bad reads into coverage, and made one bad under throw that should have been an easy TD for us. Otherwise, he threw darts, on the money, including a couple of drops. Too bad the INTs clouded what could have been National Player of the Week type performance.

Early in the video their are receptions that would have been jumped and turned into INT against a better DB.

For instance 1:22 is a pick against a better DB.

lionsrking2
September 17th, 2013, 12:21 AM
Early in the video their are receptions that would have been jumped and turned into INT against a better DB.

For instance 1:22 is a pick against a better DB.

I disagree ... for starters, it's a tight camera shot and you have no idea how wide open he was, nor do you have any idea how a supposedly "better" DB would react to the same situation ... secondly, we have two NFL prospects at CB and very good DBs he sees at practice everyday - he fits those throws all the time.

Thundar
September 17th, 2013, 12:32 AM
Wow, SELA would have been picked a lot against NDSU.

based on what?

Twentysix
September 17th, 2013, 12:33 AM
I disagree ... for starters, it's a tight camera shot and you have no idea how wide open he was, nor do you have any idea how a supposedly "better" DB would react to the same situation ... secondly, we have two NFL prospects at CB and very good DBs he sees at practice everyday - he fits those throws all the time.

I'll take your word for it, the camera angles paint him as a little reckless. Sure looked good rushing though.

Twentysix
September 17th, 2013, 12:33 AM
based on what?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awlDhOBcbhQ&feature=player_embedded

first post. And the fact that several of his completions appear to be pretty lucky in the highlights, and he threw 4 picks on top of appearing lucky on some completions.

lionsrking2
September 17th, 2013, 12:42 AM

first post. And the fact that several of his completions appear to be pretty lucky in the highlights, and he threw 4 picks on top of appearing lucky on some completions.

Why don't you try grabbing the coaching film and watch the high shot before talking out the side of your ass. He did throw 4 picks ... he made three poor reads, throwing into double coverage, and underthrew a wide open receiver in the endzone that should have been an easy touchdown if he gets more on the ball. I can forgive him considering he carried the ball 22 or 23 times and was probably fatigued in the 4th quarter when he tried to make that throw. He usually makes it with ease, just not that time.

And lastly, we didn't play North Dakota State, we played South Dakota State, and what they put out there for DBs is what they put out there ... you play who you play and attack the mismatches.

lionsrking2
September 17th, 2013, 12:46 AM
I'll take your word for it, the camera angles paint him as a little reckless. Sure looked good rushing though.

He's a mobile QB with a gunslinger mentality ... we take the bad with the good ... he's gonna be special.

Twentysix
September 17th, 2013, 12:47 AM
He's a mobile QB with a gunslinger mentality ... we take the bad with the good ... he's gonna be special.

Seems really fast and agile. 6:44 is epic.

I think 1:22 just seemed like a lucky completion and a bad choice which set me up to watch the rest of him in that light.

After watching it again he makes a lot of solid choices.

Thundar
September 17th, 2013, 12:51 AM

well our all American got burned in NDSU's first 2 games also so I'm not sure we should pass jujudgement and Brock threw several passes that we could say would have been picked off with better D

Twentysix
September 17th, 2013, 12:53 AM
well our all American got burned in NDSU's first 2 games also so I'm not sure we should pass jujudgement and Brock threw several passes that we could say would have been picked off with better D

Brock gets lucky a lot, no doubt about it, especially with his throws that are routinely to high. IMO Brock would get eaten alive by our D, at least when we move beyond dink and dunk. But, he never has to play them... so we win NCs.

For the record, I am a big fan of dink and dunk football ;).

Thundar
September 17th, 2013, 01:07 AM
Brock gets lucky a lot, no doubt about it, especially with his throws that are routinely to high. IMO Brock would get eaten alive by our D, at least when we move beyond dink and dunk. But, he never has to play them... so we win NCs.

For the record, I am a big fan of dink and dunk football ;).

Brock does play them every practice, and if they are truly testing each other he is supposedly playing against the #1 D. don't get me wrong Brock is good but lets not nitpick other teams

RabidRabbit
September 17th, 2013, 09:39 AM
SDSU won this game because of the turnover ratio 6 to 1 (and the 1 SDSU fumble was the mis-handled on-side kick by SE LA), and the penalty difference. As LionsRKing2 states, clean up the mistakes, SELA is going to be a tough game for anybody. Jacks move to 3-0 with the W, with the two toughest games the next two weeks.

mmiller_34
September 17th, 2013, 10:16 AM
http://vimeo.com/74664699

BEAR
September 17th, 2013, 06:35 PM
I watched that video. A few things about Bennett (sp?).

Mobile. Quick. Nice running speed.

But holds that ball like a loaf of bread. When teams see that on video they are gonna focus in on smacking that thing out! But that's correctable. Nice find by the Lions though.