PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Gameday Location

IBleedYellow
September 16th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Wait for it.....

DOWNTOWN. Worst location EVER. There is no parking, no room, and we will probably lose the amount of people we will be having here by at least half of what we were expecting to be able to show up.

Ugh. At least they are here.

Twentysix
September 16th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Wait for it.....

DOWNTOWN. Worst location EVER. There is no parking, no room, and we will probably lose the amount of people we will be having here by at least half of what we were expecting to be able to show up.

LOL! What?!?! There goes the students who have to stand in line to get into the game.

Professor Chaos
September 16th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Unbelievably disgusted! Tailgating will be ruined for that day, the turnout will not be near what it could've been had it been campus, it will be an infrastructure/parking/traffic nightmare. They didn't just drop the ball on this, they threw a pick 6.

IBleedYellow
September 16th, 2013, 12:05 PM
The Kilbourn Group can go die in a fire.

robsnotes4u
September 16th, 2013, 12:08 PM
That is a shame. Should be in the tailgating area, where a true representation would be seen. People will have a problem getting to and leaving from downtown plus it is a long way from the game

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JSUBison
September 16th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Where's the Bill Orielly "effin thing sucks" gif?

Professor Chaos
September 16th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Where's the Bill Orielly "effin thing sucks" gif?
This sums it up for me:

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/241/4/a/cartman_angry_animated_gif_by_fartoons-d48781f.gif

BluBengal07
September 16th, 2013, 12:24 PM
we can see that there are some ESPN folks don't really want to be there. why not just do it on campus to be closer to the airport?
i guess they're trying to make yall earn it. ever though this seems to suck, i hope NDSU faithful still come out there strong.

Darlinikki150
September 16th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Its total bull**** to have it downtown. I'm sick of Bergum trying to move everything downtown. First the NDSU parade now College Game Day???? What does downtown have to do w NDSU or football? Fargo PD better clean out the homeless people before they get here. I could not be more disappointed in NDSU management for agreeing to this travesty.

Southern Bison
September 16th, 2013, 12:58 PM
AD Taylor on ESPN 740 right now explaining location choice by ESPN (sole determining party) and the reasons for it. Also, announced they're working to set up plans to have shuttles for fans between campus/dome and the ESPN CG set in downtown to accommodate as many fans as possible.

Darlinikki150
September 16th, 2013, 01:06 PM
You really think NDSU had no say in where to locate Game Day? At the very least some input on possible locations? I just find hard to believe ESPN came up this location all by themselves....

Grr I'm wicked salty they picked downtown.

Gil Dobie
September 16th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Downtown has the money and money talks. That is why Target Field and the new Vikings Stadiums are downtown in Minneapolis, their money put it there.

The show goes from 8am to 11am, game 2:30pm, should be lots of time to put up with the hassle and show the college football world that Fargo is on the map.

Southern Bison
September 16th, 2013, 01:19 PM
I highly doubt that "money talked" in ESPN's decision. Over on Bisonville, they are all sounding like a daycare that is late for their naps.xbabycryx

Bison Nation is embarrassing itself right now. xoopsx

frozennorth
September 16th, 2013, 01:21 PM
lol

Bisonator
September 16th, 2013, 01:22 PM
WTF are they thinking. That has to be the worst possible place to have it. Just dumb....xcrazyx

NoDak 4 Ever
September 16th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Downtown has the money and money talks. That is why Target Field and the new Vikings Stadiums are downtown in Minneapolis, their money put it there.

The show goes from 8am to 11am, game 2:30pm, should be lots of time to put up with the hassle and show the college football world that Fargo is on the map.

Yep. from US Bank Plaza to The Fargodome is 2.2 miles. Google Maps puts that walk at 43 minutes. Pack a couple of roadies and you can have a great time getting up to the dome well before noon.

BisonBacker
September 16th, 2013, 01:23 PM
The Kilbourn Group can go die in a fire.
This!!!

BisonCM
September 16th, 2013, 01:27 PM
The world is still not ending, NDSU (well more like Fargo now) is still hosting Gameday.

Think of how unreal this would have sounded just 7 days ago.

Enjoy the attention while we have it and make all of FCS proud.

Darlinikki150
September 16th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Yep. from US Bank Plaza to The Fargodome is 2.2 miles. Google Maps puts that walk at 43 minutes. Pack a couple of roadies and you can have a great time getting up to the dome well before noon.

I can't walk that. I just had surgery so to me it is very disappointing its downtown. There is a poll on the in-forum and it seems I'm not the only one feeling this way... I will get over it and know I shouldn't bitch cuz its a great opportunity for NDSU and the FCS but still its a bummer they won't see our awesome tailgating!

Professor Chaos
September 16th, 2013, 01:34 PM
They severely cut down on accessibility to the event, I'm sure there will be many who would've come had it been on campus who won't come now. Tailgating will be a shell of itself until noon which is half of the time we can tailgate. No exposure to the tailgating scene at NDSU which, IMO, is a much bigger draw to the casual college football fan than a cramped downtown plaza will be. On top of all of that, it will be a complete cluster**** of parking/traffic.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 16th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Surely the NDSU administration hasn't tried to keep them from doing Gameday anywhere on the campus, right?

NoDak 4 Ever
I can't walk that. I just had surgery so to me it is very disappointing its downtown. There is a poll on the in-forum and it seems I'm not the only one feeling this way... I will get over it and know I shouldn't bitch cuz its a great opportunity for NDSU and the FCS but still its a bummer they won't see our awesome tailgating!

OH, if only there was some kind of technology in which they could take a picture of something and send it somewhere else.........

BisonBacker
Unbelievably disgusted! Tailgating will be ruined for that day, the turnout will not be near what it could've been had it been campus, it will be an infrastructure/parking/traffic nightmare. They didn't just drop the ball on this, they threw a pick 6.

Why don't they just go do it by the landfill? What a freaking stupid choice.

Southern Bison
September 16th, 2013, 01:37 PM
WTF are they thinking. That has to be the worst possible place to have it. Just dumb....xcrazyx

Damn Y'all!! You're acting like an ugly girl that was asked at the last minute to the homecoming dance and then get's pissed because you don't win the vote for queen...

UNDBIZ
September 16th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Guess ESPN didn't want to have to venture too far from the HoDo.

Darlinikki150
September 16th, 2013, 01:39 PM
OH, if only there was some kind of technology in which they could take a picture of something and send it somewhere else.........

Shut it lol. I know all this but my gut reaction tells me its a sucky location. Can't help how I feel. Perhaps I will double up on my pain meds and attempt it....I mean I would hate to deprive everyone a shot to see my Thundie Undies! Lol

NoDak 4 Ever
September 16th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Shut it lol. I know all this but my gut reaction tells me its a sucky location. Can't help how I feel. Perhaps I will double up on my pain meds and attempt it....I mean I would hate to deprive everyone a shot to see my Thundie Undies! Lol

The administration appears to be taking strong measures to make sure those who cannot or will not walk will not have to.

Besides, I'm sure you could get almost anyone to take you from the US Bank plaza right to the frond door of the Dome if you just batted your pretty little eyes at them.

marenlee
September 16th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Just make NDSU and the FCS proud. It would be horrible if this once in a lifetime event would be boycotted.

Bisonator
September 16th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Damn Y'all!! You're acting like an ugly girl that was asked at the last minute to the homecoming dance and then get's pissed because you don't win the vote for queen...

The point is it's frickin "College Gameday" and they are no where near campus or the game. This has turned into a bad scene from the movie "Fargo"! xlolx

BisonFan02
September 16th, 2013, 01:45 PM
I'm going to gameday....**** it. Sounds like it is being treated like a street fair and closing a good chunk of Broadway....could be interesting downtown this week to say the least.

BisonFan02
September 16th, 2013, 01:46 PM

We will get you there and back somehow.

Professor Chaos
September 16th, 2013, 01:49 PM
I'm going to gameday....**** it. Sounds like it is being treated like a street fair and closing a good chunk of Broadway....could be interesting downtown this week to say the least.
I'm still going as well, can't miss it cuz it'll in almost all certainty never be back again in my lifetime. Which is another reason why it pisses me off, more than half of my tailgating time just went down the ****ter when I thought I was going to get an extra 2-3 hours out of the deal.

BisonBacker
September 16th, 2013, 01:55 PM
The point is it's frickin "College Gameday" and they are no where near campus or the game. This has turned into a bad scene from the movie "Fargo"! xlolx

I'm pretty sure you can thank the kilbourne group for this cluster_UCK. It's called College Gameday for a reason. Have it near the God damned College! Just freakin incredibly stupid.

Ivytalk
September 16th, 2013, 01:56 PM
The world is still not ending, NDSU (well more like Fargo now) is still hosting Gameday.

Think of how unreal this would have sounded just 7 days ago.

Enjoy the attention while we have it and make all of FCS proud.

Great attitude!xthumbsupxxnodx xsmileyclapx

BisonFan02
September 16th, 2013, 01:56 PM
I'm still going as well, can't miss it cuz it'll in almost all certainty never be back again in my lifetime. Which is another reason why it pisses me off, more than half of my tailgating time just went down the ****ter when I thought I was going to get an extra 2-3 hours out of the deal.

I will miss all of the tailgate unless I have volunteers from my group to get in line for the GA lot and setup.

Bisonator
September 16th, 2013, 01:58 PM
I'm pretty sure you can thank the kilbourne group for this cluster_UCK. It's called College Gameday for a reason. Have it near the God damned College! Just freakin incredibly stupid.

They better have a nice donation lined up for our next stadium! Come on Burgum open those pockets! xcoffeex

marenlee
September 16th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Ok. I have officially cooled down. No productivity at work the last 2 hours. It's a good thing I'm on shore duty :D

NoDak 4 Ever
September 16th, 2013, 02:04 PM

From the Fargodome to Sudro Hall it is 0.4 miles. From US Bank Plaza to Klai Hall it is 0.2 miles.

UNDBIZ
September 16th, 2013, 02:05 PM
They better have a nice donation lined up for our next stadium! Come on Burgum open those pockets! xcoffeex

Only if you plan to build it downtown. That guy is just ridiculous.....

UNDBIZ
September 16th, 2013, 02:06 PM

Isn't there a business school building, a dorm, and a closed bookstore downtown? xdontknowx

Hammerhead
September 16th, 2013, 02:06 PM
From the Fargo paper: http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/412379/

"NDSU athletic director Gene Taylor toured several potential sites with a pre-production crew from ESPN on Sunday, including sites on campus and a couple near the Fargodome. Taylor said the downtown site with the Fargo Theatre marquee in the background excited the ESPN folks."

There aren't many large open spaces on campus unless you want thousands of people trampling football practice fields or baseball/softball fields.

Surely the NDSU administration hasn't tried to keep them from doing Gameday anywhere on the campus, right?

Professor Chaos
September 16th, 2013, 02:11 PM
From the Fargo paper: http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/412379/

"NDSU athletic director Gene Taylor toured several potential sites with a pre-production crew from ESPN on Sunday, including sites on campus and a couple near the Fargodome. Taylor said the downtown site with the Fargo Theatre marquee in the background excited the ESPN folks."

There aren't many large open spaces on campus unless you want thousands of people trampling football practice fields or baseball/softball fields.

This quote just illustrates the stupidity of the decision:

“They said they’re going to promote North Dakota State and the athletic program but they saw that site and thought it was the perfect venue,” Taylor said.

So they wanted to promote NDSU and NDSU Athletics huh? Where should we have the Gameday set then? How about 2 miles away from campus in downtown Fargo where there's no identifiable NDSU presence!

http://66.147.244.204/~chocolh2/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/guinnessbrilliant.jpg

word
September 16th, 2013, 02:19 PM
It was on the USS San Diego last year I believe. I guess that probably isn't all that close to a football stadium. They will have cameras all over town, just calm down and enjoy the experience.

The amount of bitching is unreal. The bison have a great opportunity to showcase FCS, the University, the city, and state.

In Mike Tice voice...."Enjoy the season"

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 16th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Like I said over on Bisonville.............dont go.

It would be awesome to go place a bunch of signs around their set that say things like "You dont respect us, We dont show up" "Herbstreits personality made us stay away"

"If you want Bison Nation........we are tailgating."

"We are too busy earning a place in the playoffs to waste time on voters like you"

AND THEN LEAVE...................and go back to the Fargo Dome. It would be classic if there were absolutely nobody around their set and thos ass clowns had to eat it.

Seriously tank this thing and make ESPN eat your ass.

Screw the soccer network. They dont respect the FCS then they come and pull ***** like this? Make em pay for their stupid decisions and dont be American sellouts.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 16th, 2013, 02:34 PM

I would rather see your Thundie Undies than go downtown for ESPN gameday.................what the hell are Thundie Undies?

Gil Dobie
September 16th, 2013, 02:36 PM
I would rather see your Thundie Undies than go downtown for ESPN gameday.................what the hell are Thundie Undies?

Do Thundie Undies have Whale Tales?

NoDak 4 Ever
September 16th, 2013, 02:53 PM
I think Izzo and Kolpack said something really good in the video blog, the knock on NDSU is what little bitty hick town Fargo is. I think showing that there is a kind of nice downtown might be a selling point. The school sells itself, people just think about the movie with Fargo - NDSU and Fargo are inexorably tied to one another.

gumby013
September 16th, 2013, 02:59 PM
I think Izzo and Kolpack said something really good in the video blog, the knock on NDSU is what little bitty hick town Fargo is. I think showing that there is a kind of nice downtown might be a selling point. The school sells itself, people just think about the movie with Fargo - NDSU and Fargo are inexorably tied to one another.

That's exactly why you don't have it downtown. Sell the school, not the town.

Darlinikki150
September 16th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Do Thundie Undies have Whale Tales?

Yes, but I have another pair that I wear over my pants that are grandma undies. My friends made them for me, they actually say Thundie Undies on them. With a Bison head and sum other Bison decoration. They are pretty funny and I wear them tailgating but not to the actual game. Little inappropriate, but perfect when ur drinking! Lol

Darlinikki150
September 16th, 2013, 03:52 PM
http://www.gobison.com/news/2013/9/16/FB_0916134637.aspx?path=football

A plea to the fans....

Twentysix
September 16th, 2013, 04:01 PM
It will be fine, and its cool that they are doing it in Fargo.

But it sure as hell won't be what it could have been.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 16th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Nikki, you have to come find the guys in the Fargo Cruiser and do a shot of Jager with me....................deal?

Darlinikki150
September 16th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Nikki, you have to come find the guys in the Fargo Cruiser and do a shot of Jager with me....................deal?

Would love to but I can't drink on my meds. But I will certainly come over and chit chat, show off the Thundie Undies and my pimped out walking cane! Sound good?

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 16th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Yeah, I will do your shot for you.....Im a gentleman! Hope you get well fast canes and crutches suck!

citdog
September 16th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Would love to but I can't drink on my meds. But I will certainly come over and chit chat, show off the Thundie Undies and my pimped out walking cane! Sound good?

If you hang out with Alpha too long you'll be having shots alright.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_T4dFbZiSOSA/StzrMbI6umI/AAAAAAAAAFg/6FRLCZmr3E8/s400/0511-0811-1717-0449_vaccine_and_hypodermic_needle_clipart_imagejp g.png

Drblankstare
September 16th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Everyone just needs to chillax bro. Yes it would have been cooler to have them closer to the dome, but cmon. This is still about NDSU and the rest of the FCS, let them set up at Bordertown for all I care. This is still amazing and dowtown will still be fun. Relax everyone.

Thundar
September 16th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Ok guys, Tailgate lots open at 7am, get set up, slam as many as you want, take the shuttle, go see it come back party till 2 pm

or go downtown Friday night see the setup and party they are closing streets and it will be wild.

no matter what when or where this will be a kickass week from Wed to Sunday

semobison
September 16th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Fargo ND, home of the NDSU Bison! This is an honor for both the city and the University!

bisonranch
September 16th, 2013, 10:09 PM
I was initially surprised by the downtown location but I can see why they picked it, it's a lot more charming than most of their locations. I'm sure it will be packed.

This presents an opportunity. To come back another time and have it on campus. Perhaps make signs accordingly. Maybe a checklist of all the cool locations they've been, Downtown Fargo second to last, then NDSU campus unchecked and last. I'm sure someone more creative can come up with some good ideas.

Southern Bison
September 16th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Jeff Kolpack said it best on today's Bison Video Blog:

Bison fans travel well...Minneapolis, Montana, Manhattan, & 2 trips to Frisco. 2 miles isn't going to be an issue.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 16th, 2013, 10:21 PM
If you hang out with Alpha too long you'll be having shots alright.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_T4dFbZiSOSA/StzrMbI6umI/AAAAAAAAAFg/6FRLCZmr3E8/s400/0511-0811-1717-0449_vaccine_and_hypodermic_needle_clipart_imagejp g.png

Southerners............first you lose "THE" war now you cry about a little drip every now and then. I already filled out the proper forms to have Ursus revoke your man card.

Thundar
September 16th, 2013, 10:25 PM
I was initially surprised by the downtown location but I can see why they picked it, it's a lot more charming than most of their locations. I'm sure it will be packed.

This presents an opportunity. To come back another time and have it on campus. Perhaps make signs accordingly. Maybe a checklist of all the cool locations they've been, Downtown Fargo second to last, then NDSU campus unchecked and last. I'm sure someone more creative can come up with some good ideas.

with all the social media crying some of our fan base is doing no way in hell they even think about coming back

sad, I searched thru Twitter and lakesbison is really sad that guy needs to be put in a rubber room.

im embarrassed he carries the same flag as I when it comes to loyalties.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 16th, 2013, 10:28 PM
I like Lakes

Thundar
September 16th, 2013, 10:44 PM
I like Lakes

in person he is different, but he is destroying twitter with crap about huge money men in Fargo and some conspiracy for the downtown set up, and that puts a bad taste for NDSU in their and everyone else mouth.

I mean holy crap we get ESPN gameday and he is crying like a little bitch, nothing positive

Hammerhead
September 16th, 2013, 10:46 PM
I'm slowly warming up to the downtown location but won't know if I like it until we see how the crowd looks on TV and how easy/hard it is to find parking close by.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 16th, 2013, 11:02 PM
in person he is different, but he is destroying twitter with crap about huge money men in Fargo and some conspiracy for the downtown set up, and that puts a bad taste for NDSU in their and everyone else mouth.

I mean holy crap we get ESPN gameday and he is crying like a little bitch, nothing positive

HE doesnt owe the money men anything and hes probably right about whatever he is posting, if he isnt they alwyas have legal recourse.

I already told you guys what I think on your site.

If ESPN came to Missoula and set up at the Southgate mall I would encourage our fans to boycott those losers. Seriously ESPN doenst give a squirt of piss about the FCS so why should you guys suck their dicks like you are? Screw them, it would be awesome if NOBODY showed up and they had to suck it live.

Stand for something instead of following like a sheep.

Thundar
September 16th, 2013, 11:10 PM
HE doesnt owe the money men anything and hes probably right about whatever he is posting, if he isnt they alwyas have legal recourse.

If ESPN came to Missoula and set up at the Southgate mall I would encourage our fans to boycott those losers. Seriously ESPN doenst give a squirt of piss about the FCS so why should you guys suck their dicks like you are? Screw them, it would be awesome if NOBODY showed up and they had to suck it live.

never said he owes them anything, but blasting the big boys with cash won't help for future fundraising.

it won't be as bad as anyone thinks. my guess is there will be a great turnout. here is something funny, a guy bitching about them being in downtown Fargo was dumb enough to suggest a location in Moorhead, for anyone that doesn't know that's in Minnesota!

people bitch just to hear themselves sometimes.

Grizzlies82
September 16th, 2013, 11:38 PM
It is television not radio. The facades of some of the old downtown buildings will make a better visual backdrop than your indoor stadium.
They're giving you some love by showing up at all. Don't bitch about it, just enjoy the attention.

Darlinikki150
September 16th, 2013, 11:47 PM
Southerners............first you lose "THE" war now you cry about a little drip every now and then. I already filled out the proper forms to have Ursus revoke your man card.

Oh Citidog is just jealous. He likes me lol

DSUrocks07
September 17th, 2013, 02:16 AM
It is television not radio. The facades of some of the old downtown buildings will make a better visual backdrop than your indoor stadium.
They're giving you some love by showing up at all. Don't bitch about it, just enjoy the attention.

That's what people are forgetting. I can see where they're going with this, it's not the massive stadium in the background, so they want to sell it as a College Town atmosphere. Yeah it sucks that it's not exactly at the tailgate area near the stadium but they want it to look the best on TV to get people to want to watch. Maybe the City of Fargo can get on board with NDSU and get a bunch of Bison paraphernalia all over the downtown area. Make the best of it, Bison fans.

BisonBacker
September 17th, 2013, 02:30 AM
All I can say is They should have "Go Bison" on the Fargo Theater Marquee. If they don't it's a slap in the Face to NDSU by the Fargo Theater for all the attention they at the Fargo Theater are going to get courtesy of NDSU.

stevdock
September 17th, 2013, 06:45 AM

Somebody actually agrees what I've been thinking all along. Why is ESPN so successful?? Because everyone does exactly what they say since everyone wants to get on TV. I know no school would ever do this but if I were NDSU I'd ask them what they are looking for. After giving them options on campus to fit their needs, then if they decide to go off campus tell them we're not interested anymore. Yes it's a great opportunity to showcase Fargo and NDSU, but not at the expense at doing whatever a company who could care less about either does what they want.

deez_na
September 17th, 2013, 07:14 AM
I was all pumped to be there and then i find out it's downtown, wtf seriously?

Bisonator
September 17th, 2013, 08:11 AM
It'll be fine guys. It's unbelievable exposure for NDSU, Fargo, ND and the FCS. Sure it probably could be better in another location but it is what it is. Let's embrace the opportunity to showcase our division! GO BISON!!

tnbison
September 17th, 2013, 08:48 AM
It'll be fine guys. It's unbelievable exposure for NDSU, Fargo, ND and the FCS. Sure it probably could be better in another location but it is what it is. Let's embrace the opportunity to showcase our division! GO BISON!!

^this
I'm super pumped either way. Make the best of it and watch the Herd Thunder on!

MR. CHICKEN
September 17th, 2013, 09:06 AM
All I can say is They should have "Go Bison" on the Fargo Theater Marquee. If they don't it's a slap in the Face to NDSU by the Fargo Theater for all the attention they at the Fargo Theater are going to get courtesy of NDSU.

18282......ESPN'S...GONNAH PLAY UP...DUH FARGO MOVIE...PLANTIN' DUH GAME DAY LADS...WHIFF THEATER BACK DROP...IS UH NO BRAINER.....AH'D BE MO' WORRIED...'BOUT YER WEEK OFF.....YER "NO THRILLS" MEAC OPPONENT......AN' NEXT SATURDAYS.......SOUFF DAKOTAH STATE PROBLEM...xnodx..AWK!

RabidRabbit
September 17th, 2013, 09:20 AM
SDSU has to survive a trip to Lincoln, NE to face the VERY PO'ed Huskers. IMHO, if Pellini's Huskers lose to SDSU, UNeb heads will have the French Aristrocrary look of the French Revolution.

It's a SHAME that the NDSU/SDSU game couldn't be the game for the FARGO/FCS emphasis Gameday.

tjamz
September 17th, 2013, 09:28 AM
in person he is different, but he is destroying twitter with crap about huge money men in Fargo and some conspiracy for the downtown set up

The funny thing is he may be right to a point... but he takes it to extremes. 1 or 2 tweets... fine, but he is in rabid mode.

I don't like the physical distance of the location from the dome. I think downtown will look great and the production will go well, what I am concerned about is tailgating looking like a ghost town when they come in with their cameras trying to take in that part of it.

Bisonator
September 17th, 2013, 09:30 AM
The funny thing is he may be right to a point... but he takes it to extremes. 1 or 2 tweets... fine, but he is in rabid mode.

I don't like the physical distance of the location from the dome. I think downtown will look great and the production will go well, what I am concerned about is tailgating looking like a ghost town when they come in with their cameras trying to take in that part of it.

That won't happen. There are going to be far more tailgaters then fans downtown IMO.

NDSUstudent
September 17th, 2013, 09:40 AM

This is what needs to change by Saturday. Downtown Fargo has been non-NDSU (not anti-NDSU) since forever. Clad that biatch in green and gold. Make it look like a Bison College Game Day.

Hammerhead
September 17th, 2013, 09:50 AM
I'm sure there will be some Bison fans who don't have tickets to the game that will be downtown. Not to mention fans of other teams who just want a chance to be on TV. How many people tailgate all morning anyway? Is it more than 2,000?

deez_na
September 17th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Watch out for any UND idiots who try to come down there. I saw some people posting something about bringing UND fans down there. They BEST not think of wearing UND crap near broadway.

BisonBacker
September 17th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Watch out for any UND idiots who try to come down there. I saw some people posting something about bringing UND fans down there. They BEST not think of wearing UND crap near broadway.

As much as I'm not a fan of that school this is not only about NDSU. I hope that any fan sporting any apparel will be treated respectfully. As has already been touted this is about FCS. Just make sure we get enough NDSU Bison fans there sporting the Green and Gold and we will be fine. Wave the NDSU banner/flags high and proud!

tjamz
September 17th, 2013, 10:05 AM
I'm sure there will be some Bison fans who don't have tickets to the game that will be downtown. Not to mention fans of other teams who just want a chance to be on TV. How many people tailgate all morning anyway? Is it more than 2,000?

Yes, significantly more.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

Winindy
September 17th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Jeff Kolpack said it best on today's Bison Video Blog:

Bison fans travel well...Minneapolis, Montana, Manhattan, & 2 trips to Frisco. 2 miles isn't going to be an issue.

This.

People who don't live in Fargo, don't know what the layout of Fargo is. There will be campus shots coming out of and going into breaks. This will highlight Fargo, NDSU and the campus just fine. The tailgating situation isn't the best situation, but leave the wife to tend to the food, bring the kids to Gameday on the shuttle, and shuttle back for the 3 hours before kickoff.

NDSUstudent
September 17th, 2013, 10:30 AM

A LOT more.

IBleedYellow
September 17th, 2013, 10:46 AM
If you only think 2k tailgate before the game, you're going to have a bad day.

deez_na
September 17th, 2013, 10:46 AM
As much as I'm not a fan of that school this is not only about NDSU. I hope that any fan sporting any apparel will be treated respectfully. As has already been touted this is about FCS. Just make sure we get enough NDSU Bison fans there sporting the Green and Gold and we will be fine. Wave the NDSU banner/flags high and proud!

Yeah i understand that but how would that look with a bunch of UND fans in the background on gameday at a NDSU game? Think that would show and represent NDSU all that well?

Bisonator
September 17th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Yeah i understand that but how would that look with a bunch of UND fans in the background on gameday at a NDSU game? Think that would show and represent NDSU all that well?

I think there will be more then enough Bison fans to cover them up! Remember you're talking about UN_ fans here, they can't even go to their own games! xlolx

BisonFan02
September 17th, 2013, 10:58 AM
I think there will be more then enough Bison fans to cover them up! Remember you're talking about UN_ fans here, they can't even go to their own games! xlolx

This, but College Game day will be the highlight of their season even though it is in Fargo. Hockey hasn't started yet either.

deez_na
September 17th, 2013, 10:58 AM

lol, that's a very good point xlolx

BisonBacker
September 17th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Just have to make sure enough Bison fans are there and early enough to get the good spots where there will be no doubt it's the home of NDSU.

deez_na
September 17th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Just have to make sure enough Bison fans are there and early enough to get the good spots where there will be no doubt it's the home of NDSU.

UND fans if they do get near front will be shoved to the back and will learn to live with it.

IBleedYellow
September 17th, 2013, 11:24 AM
UND fans if they do get near front will be shoved to the back and will learn to live with it.

This is exactly what will happen. We'll probably be rude to them and then there will be posts about UN_ fans being butthurt because NDSU fans told them get to the back in our showcase.

BisonBacker
September 17th, 2013, 11:30 AM
When I say early enough I mean camp out like the knuckleheads that shop the day after thanksgiving. I have no doubt there are going to be fans of other schools planning on showing up early to try and get in where they will be seen. NDSU fans and students had best get there like it's Black Friday!!

tjamz
September 17th, 2013, 11:34 AM
When I say early enough I mean camp out like the knuckleheads that shop the day after thanksgiving. I have no doubt there are going to be fans of other schools planning on showing up early to try and get in where they will be seen. NDSU fans and students had best get there like it's Black Friday!!

Overnight camping is not allowed per Lt Joel "I'll find any excuse I can to try and arrest you, even if all you did was ask if you can get a ride to the dome on the back of the golf cart" Vettel.

IBleedYellow
September 17th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Overnight camping is not allowed per Lt Joel "I'll find any excuse I can to try and arrest you, even if all you did was ask if you can get a ride to the dome on the back of the golf cart" Vettel.

That's so bull****.

deez_na
September 17th, 2013, 11:48 AM
This is exactly what will happen. We'll probably be rude to them and then there will be posts about UN_ fans being butthurt because NDSU fans told them get to the back in our showcase.

exactly, sit and cry even more about NDSU. UND fans hate that we have gameday the way it is or some of the ones i've talked to anyway. Well until UND gets rid of Mussman as coach they won't be a relevant team or make the playoffs.

BisonBacker
September 17th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Overnight camping is not allowed per Lt Joel "I'll find any excuse I can to try and arrest you, even if all you did was ask if you can get a ride to the dome on the back of the golf cart" Vettel. I bet there will be people outside holding spots and switching off with folks, it wouldn't surprise me and if that's what they want/have to do to get their mug in front of the camera's more power to them. I'll be sleeping in the comfort of my own warm bed. They don't want old farts like me there anyway they want the young college kids. They are the one's with the stamina to stay out there all night long anyway. Oh and FPD would look really crappy if they were toting young football fans away overnight just because those fans wanted to be there for the show. I think accommodations will be made for this event. As long as there isn't underage drinking ect.

tjamz
September 17th, 2013, 12:02 PM
I bet there will be people outside holding spots and switching off with folks, it wouldn't surprise me and if that's what they want/have to do to get their mug in front of the camera's more power to them. I'll be sleeping in the comfort of my own warm bed. They don't want old farts like me there anyway they want the young college kids. They are the one's with the stamina to stay out there all night long anyway. Oh and FPD would look really crappy if they were toting young football fans away overnight just because those fans wanted to be there for the show. I think accommodations will be made for this event. As long as there isn't underage drinking ect.

I wouldn't put it past Vettel to arrest kids for this (he already started on television that it will not be allowed). As for underage drinking.... absolutely no public drinking will be permitted.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

BEAR
September 17th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Listening to the radio this morning all I heard was how gameday was going to be at North Dakota something or another. There must not be any good matchups to have to go there. REALLY?!!!

Hey, I'm an FCS fan and I'd love to see some of these better rivalries with their own gameday crew there. Some of those SWAC rivalries are awesome! Heck, even some of those Division II team rivalries go back a hundred years and the fans take them seriously, even if they aren't "big time".

Congrats Bison on getting them there. Enjoy the recruiting boost!

Professor Chaos
September 17th, 2013, 12:18 PM
I think the general lesson here is "don't **** with Bison tailgating/gameday". We should be happy ESPN is coming and not complain, yeah yeah yeah. To me this is like one of your good buddies who decides to get married on a game day. Sure you'll go to his wedding (well, maybe you will) but not all your buddies will because they'd rather tailgate. It'll be a lot of fun but could've been so much more fun had he done it a week later during the bye week. You better believe I'm gonna bitch to my buddy about it instead of just saying "Oh, golly jee... I'm just happy to be here". /rant

footballgirl4ever
September 17th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Wait for it.....

Boo. :(

darell1976
September 17th, 2013, 07:27 PM
exactly, sit and cry even more about NDSU. UND fans hate that we have gameday the way it is or some of the ones i've talked to anyway. Well until UND gets rid of Mussman as coach they won't be a relevant team or make the playoffs.

The ones on SS were fine with it and its cool that ESPN can come to Fargo. Just because a couple UND fans (most likely hockey only fans) don't like it doesn't mean the fanbase is against it. This is good city and state exposure.

marenlee
September 17th, 2013, 07:32 PM
18 Shuttles will be provided. Sounds awesome!

Hammerhead
September 19th, 2013, 02:13 PM
The woodchipper will make an appearance!
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/412669/ (http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/412669/)

Published September 19, 2013, 12:45 PMWill 'GameDay' broadcast use 'Fargo' woodchipper? You betcha!FARGO – The infamous woodchipper from the film “Fargo” will be on hand when the city that bears the movie’s name gets some national attention Saturday morning.By: Erik Burgess (http://www.inforum.com/event/author/name/Erik_Burgess/), INFORUM

marenlee
September 19th, 2013, 02:28 PM
The woodchipper will make an appearance!
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/412669/ (http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/412669/)

Published September 19, 2013, 12:45 PMWill 'GameDay' broadcast use 'Fargo' woodchipper? You betcha!

FARGO – The infamous woodchipper from the film “Fargo” will be on hand when the city that bears the movie’s name gets some national attention Saturday morning.By: Erik Burgess (http://www.inforum.com/event/author/name/Erik_Burgess/), INFORUM

I got a feeling Corso is going to throw in some plush hornets into the woodchipper.

DSUrocks07
September 19th, 2013, 03:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5hB9mdKrHJI

Bisonoline
September 19th, 2013, 03:11 PM
18 Shuttles will be provided. Sounds awesome!

Plus ESPN is paying for them!