Weber State at McNeese State
Southern Utah at Sac State
Portland State at UC Davis

Byes:

North Dakota
Cal Poly
Eastern Washington

10-1 last week, 26-34 overall

Agree with your picks. I will also take EWU and CP over Bye, while UN_ loses to Bye in a blowout! :D

darell1976
September 15th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Agree with your picks. I will also take EWU and CP over Bye, while UN_ loses to Bye in a blowout! :D

I disagree I think we go toe to toe with BYE.

Bisonator
September 15th, 2013, 05:06 PM

xthumbsupx

bonarae
September 15th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Oklahoma Panhandle State at Montana
Idaho State at Washington
Northern Iowa at Northern Colorado
South Dakota at Northern Arizona
Montana State at Stephen F. Austin

geaux_sioux
September 15th, 2013, 10:47 PM
South Dakota at Northern Arizona - You heard it here first.

Byes:

North Dakota - Season high 0 rushing yards vs BSTU
Cal Poly
Eastern Washington

Squealofthepig
September 15th, 2013, 10:49 PM
Oklahoma Panhandle State at Montana (just kidding)
Montana State at Stephen F. Austin (prove me wrong Cats!)

ming01
September 16th, 2013, 01:25 AM
Montana 66 OPSU 0
Washington 55 ISU 3
UNI 37 UNC 14
UNA 21 USD 17
MSU 31 SFA 21
McNeese St 40 WSU 7
SUU 31 Sac St 18
PSU 21 UC Davis 10

RabidRabbit
September 16th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Oklahoma Panhandle State @ Montana
Idaho State @ Washington
Northern Iowa @ Northern Colorado
South Dakota @ Northern Arizona
Montana State @ Stephen F. Austin
Weber State @ McNeese State
Southern Utah @ Sacramento State
Portland State @ UC Davis

jayhawkdaddy
September 17th, 2013, 07:53 PM
BSC Pick Ems Week 4

putter
September 17th, 2013, 07:57 PM

Depends if they can throw the ball.....:D

JALMOND
September 18th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Currently sitting at 26-8 for the year after going perfect last week. I would certainly like another perfect weekend this weekend. Eight games this weekend involving Big Sky teams with three teams off. Here are my predictions for the week of 9-21.

ISU at Washington---After going 2-0 against DII competition, the Bengals move up a level to the Pac-12 and play Washington. It would be nice if the conference could get two wins against the Pac-12, but if that happened in this game, that would certainly open some eyes...Washington 55, ISU 7.

Panhandle State at UM---Coming off of two pretty dominating performances against fellow FCS opponents Appalachian State and North Dakota, the Grizzlies come home to feast upon the DII squad known as Panhandle State. This could get really ugly really fast...UM 70, Panhandle State 7.

MSU at Stephen F Austin---Did the Bobcats have their problems with the new quarterback last week against Colorado Mesa or did they just keep everything nice and easy? Here's hoping they have worked out the kinks in the armor and can get a road win over a tough Southland team...MSU 27, Stephen F Austin 21.

South Dakota at NAU---How many teams are going to try to do what UC-Davis did last week and force the Lumberjacks to throw the ball. Seems like pretty good strategy, especially when the Lumberjack defense bailed out the offense. More of the same this week...NAU 14, South Dakota 10.

Northern Iowa at UNC---After looking rather ordinary in their first three games, including last week's loss at FBS Wyoming, the Bears bring in a strong marquee opponent in Missouri Valley's powerhouse Northern Iowa. The Bears will need a big win to get back in the conversation for the conference race. Unfortunately, not here...Northern Iowa 38, UNC 20.

PSU at UCD---The Vikings offense has looked strong, although it has come against two lower division teams and a weak Pac-12 school. The Aggies defense has shown an ability to keep the team in the game, waiting for the offense to come through. Only problem it seems is the offense never comes...PSU 24, UCD 17.

SSU at Sac State---The Thunderbirds have hit the start of the season running, trying to make some early noise in the conference with their impressive FBS win over South Alabama. The Hornets have been puzzling with no offense against FBS teams and no defense against lower division teams. Makes for a wacky game...Sac State 32, SUU 24.

WSU at McNeese State---The Wildcats already have one win this season over the Southland that they got early on before two strong losses against their bigger brothers in FBS. This one will be a bit tough as McNeese State is better than Stephen F Austin...McNeese State 31, WSU 24.

Seabiscuit
September 18th, 2013, 11:41 PM

mvemjsunpx
September 19th, 2013, 12:34 AM
Portland St. 28-20 UC Davis — In a battle of relative strengths, I'm betting PSU's O is better than Davis's D

Suutah 24-28 Sac State — Definitely the mystery game of the week xchinscratchx

Idaho St. 6-69 UDub — xlolx

Weber 20-48 McNeese — Underachieving Southland at home isn't the same as good Southland on the road

SoDak 7-27 NAU — Souers gets his third win over a Griz head coach in little more than a year

Lovehandle St. 0-63 Montana — The Aggies are seriously busing from Oklahoma to Missoula xsmhx

Montana St. 38-35 SFA — Teams in terrible trouble tilt-off in Texas

Niowa 31-17 NoCo — The Bears will likely avoid a blowout, but they have little chance of winning

MplsBison
September 19th, 2013, 06:16 AM
Here's my post from week 3:

Still have four sub-DI games this week. Like I said last week, tough to get games out west. All of those **should** be Big Sky winners. Don't pull a Northern Colorado on me!

Five FBS games, none of which seem imminently winnable except E Wash over Toledo. I'll take E Washington and the rest of the FBS teams. Although I wouldn't bet money against SUU, considering the let down effect Wash St could be experiencing after beating USC.

For the Big Sky matches, I may be crazy but I'm going to take UND over Montana. No idea on Davis and NAU, so I'll go with Davis at home.

Correct picks: MT St over CO Mesa, CO St over Poly, WY over UNC, PDX St over Humboldt, ID St over Western, WA St over SUU, Utah St over Weber, Sac St over S. OR (although they tried to pull a UNC on me...)

Incorrect picks: MT over UND, Toledo over E. WA, NAU over DAvis

Week record: 8-3
Season record: 27-7

Per usual, I'll take the Big Sky team over the DII and the FBS team over the Big Sky team. At least we're down to only two of those games this week. Nice slate of FCS v FCS games!

I'll go with UNI over UNC for obvious reasons. As I said in the MVFC thread, if it were the mid 90's things might be different.

Also picking USD over NAU, although not sure why. As far as I know, everything points to NAU winning at home.

I'll take MT St over SFA, since I believe Weber already beat them at home. But this game is in Texas, could change things a bit. NDSU went down to SFA in 2006 and came out with a sweat-drenched win.

Speaking of which, I'll take McNeese over Weber down south.

For the Big Sky games, I'll take voth visiting teams (SUU over Sac and PDX St over Davis).

sharkeycox
September 19th, 2013, 09:45 AM

Grizzlies82
September 19th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Portland State over UC Davis. Final score not even close.
So Utah over Sac State. Likely the final score also not even close.
Washington over Idaho State. May make Weber State feel better about past two weeks.
McNeese St over Weber St. Final score not even close.
No Arizona over So Dakota. Closer than it should be.
Montana over Panhandle St. Will we provide sandwiches for their bus ride home?
Montana St over SFA. Closer than it should be.
No Iowa over No Colorado. Final score not even close.

These are correct. No need to look any further.

wapiti
September 20th, 2013, 09:44 AM
ISU 10 at Washington 48---ISU is going to get a whipping and a paycheck.

Panhandle State 0 at UM 68---You can schedule better than this UM. If you are going to schedule a sub D1 opponent at least schedule a good one. You could start your 2nd and 3rd stringers and still win this game. (I know it is not your fault fans of UM, your AD and coach need to do better than this.)

MSU 27 at Stephen F Austin 17---This is a tough one to pick. MSU is returning a visit to SFA after SFA had visited MSU recently. MSU still has several players on the injured list and SFA has shown some good football, but has also shown some poor football. This could be a close one. I did a homer pick and figured that MSU's D will be the difference.

South Dakota 14 at NAU 17---NAU is at home and that will be the difference in this game.

Northern Iowa 28 at UNC 14---UNC has not played very well yet this season. UNI takes a road win.

PSU 20 at UCD 21--- PSU has been a bit of a surprise team this year. This time the surprise will be the other direction. UCD gets a W.

SUU 17 at Sac State 10---Sac State had been a competitive team the past few years. so far this year they have struggled. While SUU has done better than expected.

WSU 28 at McNeese State 50---Does BBQ have a defense this year? McNeese's offense will most likely have a big game.

catbob
September 20th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Oklahoma Panhandle State at Montana - Um, no comment.

Idaho State at Washington - Um, less comments.

Northern Iowa at Northern Colorado - A lot of people thought UNC was turning the corner towards the end of last year, but took a big step backwards losing at home to a DII. While I think they may still end up with a decent conference record, they are not going to win this game, not even at home.

South Dakota at Northern Arizona - South Dakota hung around with Kansas last week, scorig in the 4th quarter to bring it to a 14-24 deficit before Kansas would add a TD winning 31-14. They beat UC Davis the week before, but have only scored 24 points in two games, facing a tough NAU defense. NAU should win this one handily at home.

Montana State at Stephen F. Austin - This is probably the toughest game to call this week. SFA's pass defense has been suspect, and even though MSU is without McGhee, Jake Bleskin threw for 300 yards in his absence. The key will be how well MSU can run the ball. If they go for over 150, they win. If Attaway turns the ball over a few times, SFA will lose - MSU is +6 on turnovers this year, 6 turnovers forced to zero against. I think MSU plays just good enough to win.

Weber State at McNeese State - Weber won a shootout at home against SFA, then got slaughtered two weeks in a row by their FBS in-state brothers. McNeese is looking very good so far, taking down South Florida, but squeked past a DII (albeit a very good one) last week. Third straight road game for Weber, third straight loss.

Southern Utah atSac State - The other tough game to call, two teams I can't get a good read on yet. Sac got beat up back to back weeks by FBS teams getting shut out both times, and then had to go to OT to beat an NAIA S. Oregon. SUU took down "FBS" South Alabama, plastered DII Ft. Lewis and then lost handily to Wazzou. I had picked Sac to win at home originally, but I think I am going to go with SUU. Sac has looked bad in all of their games, whereas SUU already has a road win at an FBS school and is looking the stronger of the two right now.

Portland State at UC Davis - Davis might have the worst offense in the league right now, scoring 7, 7, and 10 so far. PSU has done what it was expected to do against two sub DI teams, but the surprise was taking Cal to the wire in a shootout two weeks ago. PSU's offense seems to be clicking, and it doesn't look like it will take many points to be Davis this year.

Walkon79
September 20th, 2013, 05:37 PM

:)

dystopiamembrane
September 20th, 2013, 11:28 PM
My rankings:
1. Eastern Washington
2. Montana
3. Montana State
4. Northern Arizona
5. Southern Utah
6. Cal Poly
7. Portland State
8. Weber State
9. Sacramento State
10. North Dakota
11. Northern Colorado
12. UC Davis
13. Idaho State

My predictions:
Montana 55-0 Panhandle State
Washington 49-0 Idaho State
Northern Colorado 21-38 Northern Iowa
Northern Arizona 24-7 South Dakota
Stephen F. Austin 31-35 Montana State
McNeese State 44-31 Weber State
Sacramento State 24-28 Southern Utah
UC Davis 21-27 Portland State

Squealofthepig
September 21st, 2013, 12:26 AM

Montana State at Stephen F. Austin - This is probably the toughest game to call this week. SFA's pass defense has been suspect, and even though MSU is without McGhee, Jake Bleskin threw for 300 yards in his absence.

Just for the record, you're not commenting on Montana playing a Division II opponent, then playing up your backup qb putting up EA-sports types numbers against... a Division II opponent, yes?

Ninja edit: Both teams should schedule better.

Twentysix
September 21st, 2013, 03:52 AM

Come on upset magic!

JALMOND
September 21st, 2013, 11:48 PM
Currently sitting at 26-8 for the year after going perfect last week. I would certainly like another perfect weekend this weekend. Eight games this weekend involving Big Sky teams with three teams off. Here are my predictions for the week of 9-21.

ISU at Washington---After going 2-0 against DII competition, the Bengals move up a level to the Pac-12 and play Washington. It would be nice if the conference could get two wins against the Pac-12, but if that happened in this game, that would certainly open some eyes...Washington 55, ISU 7.

Panhandle State at UM---Coming off of two pretty dominating performances against fellow FCS opponents Appalachian State and North Dakota, the Grizzlies come home to feast upon the DII squad known as Panhandle State. This could get really ugly really fast...UM 70, Panhandle State 7.

MSU at Stephen F Austin---Did the Bobcats have their problems with the new quarterback last week against Colorado Mesa or did they just keep everything nice and easy? Here's hoping they have worked out the kinks in the armor and can get a road win over a tough Southland team...MSU 27, Stephen F Austin 21.

South Dakota at NAU---How many teams are going to try to do what UC-Davis did last week and force the Lumberjacks to throw the ball. Seems like pretty good strategy, especially when the Lumberjack defense bailed out the offense. More of the same this week...NAU 14, South Dakota 10.

Northern Iowa at UNC---After looking rather ordinary in their first three games, including last week's loss at FBS Wyoming, the Bears bring in a strong marquee opponent in Missouri Valley's powerhouse Northern Iowa. The Bears will need a big win to get back in the conversation for the conference race. Unfortunately, not here...Northern Iowa 38, UNC 20.

PSU at UCD---The Vikings offense has looked strong, although it has come against two lower division teams and a weak Pac-12 school. The Aggies defense has shown an ability to keep the team in the game, waiting for the offense to come through. Only problem it seems is the offense never comes...PSU 24, UCD 17.

SSU at Sac State---The Thunderbirds have hit the start of the season running, trying to make some early noise in the conference with their impressive FBS win over South Alabama. The Hornets have been puzzling with no offense against FBS teams and no defense against lower division teams. Makes for a wacky game...Sac State 32, SUU 24.

WSU at McNeese State---The Wildcats already have one win this season over the Southland that they got early on before two strong losses against their bigger brothers in FBS. This one will be a bit tough as McNeese State is better than Stephen F Austin...McNeese State 31, WSU 24.

6-2 this week, 32-10 for the season. MSU and Sac State be damned!!!

Squealofthepig
September 22nd, 2013, 12:53 AM
6-2 this week, 32-10 for the season. MSU and Sac State be damned!!!

7-1 for me - I bet on UNC's rebuilding finally paying off - ah well.

I really do cheer for UNC - I love their coach and they seem to always be so very close to school-defining victories. I'm hoping they pull a Towson sometime in the near future.

darell1976
September 22nd, 2013, 12:40 PM
I got all 8 right.

8-0 34-34 overall