PDA

View Full Version : Steve Walker = I-AA Player of the week

Hansel
September 23rd, 2006, 09:21 PM
Walker went 29 of 46 for 451 yards and 3 TD's... is there a doubt?

Dane96
September 23rd, 2006, 09:25 PM
Yeah, some guy named David Ball, you may have heard of him had these stats:

12 catches, 179 yards, 3 touchdowns.

Oh yeah, he broke some other guy named Jerry Rice's record of 50 TD's in a career.

Hansel
September 23rd, 2006, 09:26 PM

Oh yeah, he broke some other guy named Jerry Rice's record of 50 TD's in a career.
Dartmouth

Jacks99
September 23rd, 2006, 09:26 PM
Ball will have his acclaim, Walker has the better performance against a better team. :smiley_wi

Hansel
September 23rd, 2006, 09:27 PM
Interesting Stats

NDSU had three TD scoring drives of 80, 80, and 92 yards (the game winner)

NDSU also had three drives which resulted in FGs- one drive was 0 yards, the next two drives were of 66 and 73 yards- that is pretty good game management against a IA opponent

Tod
September 23rd, 2006, 09:28 PM
Dartmouth

Who did Rice play against?

Hansel
September 23rd, 2006, 09:29 PM
Who did Rice play against?
The SWAC- back when it was decent

AmsterBison
September 23rd, 2006, 09:30 PM
Meh. All I care about is the win. Let somebody else get player of the week. Walker just rewrote NDSU's record book - what else does he need?

Dane96
Tod...you beat me to the punchline...good job though.

It WONT EVEN BE A QUESTION. IAA is going to promote the crap out of Ball/Santos.

No. 1 team, No. 1 pass/catch tandam.

DOESNT MATTER WHO THEY PLAY...acclaim will be their's.

Tod
The SWAC- back when it was decent

And Ball plays in the A-10. It's decent. :rolleyes:

Hansel
September 23rd, 2006, 09:32 PM
And Ball plays in the A-10. It's decent. :rolleyes:
I never said Ball was bad???

I am saying THIS WEEK WALKER HAD THE BETTER PERFORMANCE

Dane96
September 23rd, 2006, 09:32 PM
And Ball State ain't exactly the best IA team...though they are infinitly better than Dartmouth!

Dane96
September 23rd, 2006, 09:36 PM
BTW...that IS a great team win for NDSU!! CONGRATS!

umassfan
September 23rd, 2006, 09:38 PM

He didnt break the record he tied it!

UNHWildCats
September 23rd, 2006, 09:39 PM

Keep in mind Walker played a whole game and had to pass a lot. Ball played the first half and a few plays. David Ball's performance to me is bigger.

umassfan
September 23rd, 2006, 09:42 PM
Keep in mind Walker played a whole game and had to pass a lot. Ball played the first half and a few plays. David Ball's performance to me is bigger.
They do tend to do CO player of the weak... wouldnt be suprized to see it here.

Hansel
September 23rd, 2006, 09:43 PM
that is because you were playing DARTMOUTH!!!

Dartmouth was 1-9 in 04, 2-9 in 05

they stink

FUwolfpacker
September 23rd, 2006, 09:43 PM
Doubt he'll get it, but Jerome Felton had all SIX touchdowns for Furman against Western Carolina tonight. That's pretty impressive right?

Hansel
September 23rd, 2006, 09:44 PM
Doubt he'll get it, but Jerome Felton had all SIX touchdowns for Furman against Western Carolina tonight. That's pretty impressive right?
that's a lot of TD's

Felton is a machine :nod:

umassfan
September 23rd, 2006, 09:45 PM
Yea but he was playing western carolina... do they even really still have a team?

Tod

And you said that all with the word "Dartmouth"? :rolleyes:

Dane96
He didnt break the record he tied it!

Well according to NESN he broke it...but now that I look...he did tie it. THIS IS WHY I HATE NESN...the channel just sucks!

UNHWildCats
September 23rd, 2006, 09:46 PM
that is because you were playing DARTMOUTH!!!

Dartmouth was 1-9 in 04, 2-9 in 05

they stink

David David 10-188 3 TDs << 12/3/05 vs UNI

Not like Ball don't put up the numbers against good teams. You shouldnt discount the performance of a WR thats going to own the career TD record by atleast 15 when hes all finished, just because he played Dartmouth.

Mr. C
September 23rd, 2006, 09:46 PM
There were some great individual performances this weekend. We're going to have our hands full, selecting All-Stars this week. Jerome Felton six TDs for Furman and 102 yards rushing as a fullback. Dexter Jackson TWO punt returns for touchdowns for App State on back-to-back returns in the third quarter. Ricky Santos set the career passing record for New Hampshire today. David Ball hit the 50 TD mark, tying Jerry Rice. And then Steve Walker. Any other great performances that you know of, post them here.

fuEMO
September 23rd, 2006, 09:47 PM
I would cast my vote for Jerome Felton.
20 rushes 102 yards. 6 TOUCHDOWNS. Against a top 25 conference rival.

By the way JT now has 10 touchdowns in the last 2 games.

Dane96
September 23rd, 2006, 09:47 PM

NOW THAT....is a player of the week!

UNHWildCats
September 23rd, 2006, 09:48 PM
There were some great individual performances this weekend. We're going to have our hands full, selecting All-Stars this week. Jerome Felton six TDs for Furman and 102 yards rushing as a fullback. Dexter Jackson TWO punt returns for touchdowns for App State on back-to-back returns in the third quarter. Ricky Santos set the career passing record for New Hampshire today. David Ball hit the 50 TD mark, tying Jerry Rice. And then Steve Walker. Any other great performances that you know of, post them here.

16 yards short. He did pass Day for 2nd all time.

Tod
September 23rd, 2006, 09:49 PM

This early in his Junior year? WOW!

Hansel
September 23rd, 2006, 09:49 PM
David David 10-188 3 TDs << 12/3/05 vs UNI

Not like Ball don't put up the numbers against good teams. You shouldnt discount the performance of a WR thats going to own the career TD record by atleast 15 when hes all finished, just because he played Dartmouth.
I am dissing his career stats because he played Dartmouth TODAY?

I don't see what his stats against UNI last year have to do with the "Player of the Week" award?

Hansel
September 23rd, 2006, 09:50 PM
And you said that all with the word "Dartmouth"? :rolleyes:
pretty much :p

umassfan
Thank God his brother(timmy) is no longer on our team.

UNHWildCats
Im gonna say this never having seen it before though they may have had it. We should do 2 polls each week Best Offensive and Best Defensive performances, and post the stats for each player in the first post. Everyone can vote for who they think was best.

Mr. C
September 23rd, 2006, 09:51 PM
Yea but he was playing western carolina... do they even really still have a team?
You have to be pretty dumb not to know that Western Carolina has a great defense. The fact that Furman put 42 points up on them is VERY IMPRESSIVE. Better start looking at the Paladins as one of several teams capable of winning a national championship.

These constant slaps at the SoCon, Delaware etc. today get real tiring after awhile. Start showing some objectivity, please!
xidiotx :bang:

UNHWildCats
September 23rd, 2006, 09:51 PM
I am dissing his career stats because he played Dartmouth TODAY?

I don't see what his stats against UNI last year have to do with the "Player of the Week" award?

Your discounting his performance because it was Dartmouth. Yet he can and has put up huge numbers at will against anyone.

Dane96
September 23rd, 2006, 09:53 PM
You have to be pretty dumb not to know that Western Carolina has a great defense. The fact that Furman put 42 points up on them is VERY IMPRESSIVE. Better start looking at the Paladins as one of several teams capable of winning a national championship.

These constant slaps at the SoCon, Delaware etc. today get real tiring after awhile. Start showing some objectivity, please!

Mr. C....I think he was joshin':thumbsup:

umassfan
September 23rd, 2006, 09:53 PM

I must be really dumb because when someone scores 40+ points it kinda kills your arguement that the team has a great defense. Maybe you are the dumb one? :rolleyes:

umassfan
September 23rd, 2006, 09:54 PM
Mr. C....I think he was joshin':thumbsup:
Actully I was just kidding but Mr C cant read between the lines...:rolleyes:

Mr. C
September 23rd, 2006, 09:55 PM
Sorry, read a post somewhere today that I thought said he had broken it. Next week for both Ricky and David, I guess.

Mr. C
September 23rd, 2006, 09:56 PM
Actully I was just kidding but Mr C cant read between the lines...:rolleyes:
Considering that you don't usually joke in your posts ...

UNHWildCats
September 23rd, 2006, 09:56 PM
Sorry, read a post somewhere today that I thought said he had broken it. Next week for both Ricky and David, I guess.

On the same play :thumbsup:

FargoBison
September 23rd, 2006, 09:59 PM
If Walker doesn't win or share I-AA player of the week honors it will be a crime. All the guy did was have one of the Greatest performances in NDSU history, setting NDSU and career records, and led NDSU to a big victory. I am not trying to knock down the other great performance players had across I-AA but Walker deserves at least a share of I-AA player of the week.

Dane96
September 23rd, 2006, 10:00 PM
nm

youwouldno
September 23rd, 2006, 10:03 PM
There's no need to argue with umassfan. He's a complete clown as he has shown year after year. He doesn't know anything about I-AA football. An intelligent person is wasting his time even acknowledging him.

Tod
September 23rd, 2006, 10:04 PM
If Walker doesn't win or share I-AA player of the week honors it will be a crime. All the guy did was have one of the Greatest performances in NDSU history, setting NDSU and career records, and led NDSU to a big victory. I am not trying to knock down the other great performance players had across I-AA but Walker deserves at least a share of I-AA player of the week.

You're posting this on stats alone. I understand your point of view at the moment, and Walker undoubtedly performed beautifully today, but make sure you take all performances into consideration. :twocents:

UNHWildCats
September 23rd, 2006, 10:07 PM

All David Ball did aside from his 170+ yards receiving in the 1st half was tie a TD record thats was owned by Jerry Rice, and he still has 8+ games left to totally anihalate it. All time NCAA performances trump a schools all time performance. So ya use that argument.

Tod
September 23rd, 2006, 10:07 PM
There's no need to argue with umassfan. He's a complete clown as he has shown year after year. He doesn't know anything about I-AA football. An intelligent person is wasting his time even acknowledging him.

That's not true. His knowledge is pretty damn good. I've learned a lot from umassfan, despite his inability (or lack of trying) to get along with others.

Sure, he's a homer, but if you weed that out, there's some good info there.

X-Factor
September 23rd, 2006, 10:09 PM
Ball put up those numbers in a lopsided blowout win. Walker put up those numbers in a close game against a I-A team on their home field on a mud soaked field.....no comparison

Ball obviously has the better total package with his 50TD's and soon to CRUSH Rice's record, but for a THIS weeks I think Steve had the better day.

Hansel
All David Ball did aside from his 170+ yards receiving in the 1st half was tie a TD record thats was owned by Jerry Rice, and he still has 8+ games left to totally anihalate it. All time NCAA performances trump a schools all time performance. So ya use that argument.
Is this a lifetime achievement award?

PS this is way too much arguement for a POTW award :p

Dane96
Not fanning the argument...but seriously, did BALL get those numbers in the first half?!

umassfan
Are you really trying to argue that a great defense gives up 40+ points to another I-AA team? xcoffeex

bisonguy
September 23rd, 2006, 10:10 PM
Wow, lots of good offensive performances this week.

I would think that Walker playing the entire game in a closely-fought battle, and leading the team to the go-ahead touchdown pass with under two minutes in the game would be considered in the award selection.

I would think Mike Dragosavich from NDSU will be considered for special teams awards. 4 punts, 205 yards, 51 yard average.

UNHWildCats
yes he did have 1 catch on the 1st play of the second half then that was it.

umassfan
That's not true. His knowledge is pretty damn good. I've learned a lot from umassfan, despite his inability (or lack of trying) to get along with others.

Sure, he's a homer, but if you weed that out, there's some good info there.
Thankyou Tod

FargoBison
September 23rd, 2006, 10:11 PM
You're posting this on stats alone. I understand your point of view at the moment, and Walker undoubtedly performed beautifully today, but make sure you take all performances into consideration. :twocents:

Stats alone? This may be the biggest victory in NDSU's history, his performance goes beyond stats. Walker went above and beyond what anyone could ever expect(even the most optimistic Bison fans) and that is why NDSU won today. That is why his performance should mean at least a share of I-AA POW.

thirdgendin
September 23rd, 2006, 10:13 PM

Ranked #22 coming into the game tonight.

umassfan
September 23rd, 2006, 10:15 PM
Ranked #22 coming into the game tonight.
Ranked 22 is great? Exp playing the likes of Chowan and Eastern Kentucky. Come on now do you really have an arguement here?

thirdgendin
September 23rd, 2006, 10:19 PM
Ranked 22 is great? Exp playing the likes of Chowan and Eastern Kentucky. Come on now do you really have an arguement here?

Do I have an argument that Western Carolina still has a team? Yes, I think I have a pretty solid argument there! :p

umassfan
September 23rd, 2006, 10:21 PM
Do I have an argument that Western Carolina still has a team? Yes, I think I have a pretty solid argument there! :p
That was a joke as pointed out earlier in the thread.

UNHFootballAlum
September 23rd, 2006, 10:26 PM
Ricky Santos had a great day as well. He was 24 of 32 for 318 yards and 5 TD passes and he had 4 carries for 60 yards.

Tod
September 23rd, 2006, 10:28 PM
Stats alone? This may be the biggest victory in NDSU's history, his performance goes beyond stats. Walker went above and beyond what anyone could ever expect(even the most optimistic Bison fans) and that is why NDSU won today. That is why his performance should mean at least a share of I-AA POW.

If there's any chance y'all will substitute this game for your win at UM in '03, I will vote for Walker for the Payton!

:p :p :p

youwouldno
September 23rd, 2006, 10:30 PM
Are you really trying to argue that a great defense gives up 40+ points to another I-AA team? xcoffeex

Ha, no. I wasn't really referring to your specific comments on WCU. Obviously their defense is not "great."

In general though, you just substitute smack for actual analysis. It's annoying. I know you went to UMass but act like an adult for the forum's sake.

The anti-SoCon smack is especially dumb. Maybe hold off at least until the SoCon stops winning so many national championships.

swaghook
September 24th, 2006, 12:00 AM
If there's any chance y'all will substitute this game for your win at UM in '03, I will vote for Walker for the Payton!

:p :p :p
It's a tie in my book if you want the UM game to go away, pray for a Bison win over the Gophers.

BisonBacker
September 24th, 2006, 12:32 AM
It's a tie in my book if you want the UM game to go away, pray for a Bison win over the Gophers.
Agree 100%

September 24th, 2006, 01:11 AM
Any defensive standouts? A game I was at had Princeton's J.J. Artis with two interceptions. One at the Tigers 11 yard line and the second in the Tigers end zone, both late in the fourth quarter to stymie Lafayette.

swaghook
September 24th, 2006, 01:15 AM
Any defensive standouts? A game I was at had Princeton's J.J. Artis with two interceptions. One at the Tigers 11 yard line and the second in the Tigers end zone, both late in the fourth quarter to stymie Lafayette.
Can I nominate the Bison front four? They are the ones that pretty much kept Ball St to 14 yards of rushing.

BisonBacker
September 24th, 2006, 12:29 PM
Can I nominate the Bison front four? They are the ones that pretty much kept Ball St to 14 yards of rushing.
Geez again I'm following up with a comment agreeing with you 100%. The Bison Defense / front four was tremendous in that game.

rcny46
September 24th, 2006, 07:42 PM

Yes,it is.He deserves serious recognition/consideration as well.

rcny46
September 24th, 2006, 07:52 PM
Ricky Santos had a great day as well. He was 24 of 32 for 318 yards and 5 TD passes and he had 4 carries for 60 yards.

Actually,I think his performance outshone Ball's yesterday.

Gil Dobie
September 24th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Geez again I'm following up with a comment agreeing with you 100%. The Bison Defense / front four was tremendous in that game.

The Ball St announcers said they were better than anyone they played this year, including Purdue.

UNHFootballAlum
September 24th, 2006, 10:50 PM
rcny

Ricky Santos only played early into the 3rd quarter and threw for 5 TD's