PDA

View Full Version : McNeese looks good physically, but...

JohnStOnge
September 23rd, 2006, 07:41 PM
They've had two turnovers to Toledo's none and have committed three personal fouls. Also, both of Toledo's TDs have come after the Rockets converted on 4th and long situations (4th and more than 10 the first time, fourth and about 8 the second time I think).

Another thing is that Toledo's starting QB is out but I think that has actually hurt McNeese. The Cowboys are getting a very good pass rush but the guy they're playing is very mobile and has made some big plays with his feet. I really think that if the starter were in there he'd have been sacked a number of times. Seriously, Toledo is not getting good pass protection.

Game started with Toledo returning the opening kickoff to the McNeese 20. They got a field goal. Then McNeese got the ball and drove to about midfield. They tried to do a draw and had a bad exchange on the handoff to fumble. Totally unforced. Toledo recovered.

Then they converted on that fourth and more than 10 and went on to score to go up 10 - 0 early.

Physically, so far, McNeese has been able to compete pretty well.

igo4uni
September 23rd, 2006, 07:43 PM
They've had two turnovers to Toledo's none and have committed three personal fouls. Also, both of Toledo's TDs have come after the Rockets converted on 4th and long situations (4th and more than 10 the first time, fourth and about 8 the second time I think).

Another thing is that Toledo's starting QB is out but I think that has actually hurt McNeese. The Cowboys are getting a very good pass rush but the guy they're playing is very mobile and has made some big plays with his feet. I really think that if the starter were in there he'd have been sacked a number of times. Seriously, Toledo is not getting good pass protection.

Game started with Toledo returning the opening kickoff to the McNeese 20. They got a field goal. Then McNeese got the ball and drove to about midfield. They tried to do a draw and had a bad exchange on the handoff to fumble. Totally unforced. Toledo recovered.

Then they converted on that fourth and more than 10 and went on to score to go up 10 - 0 early.

Physically, so far, McNeese has been able to compete pretty well.

Keep the updates coming!! :nod: :nod:

JohnStOnge
September 23rd, 2006, 07:47 PM
Just saw the halftime stats. McNeese has actually slightly outgained Toledo 180 to 177 in total yards. 97 yards rushing to Toledo's 93. Very evenly played physcally.

But McNeese has 2 turnovers to Toledo's one and 64 yards in penalties to Toledo's 25. Another thing is that Toledo has had two big returns.

What it all boils down to is that Toledo has had the short field while the Cowboys have had to drive. I'm encouraged by how the Cowboys look physcally/athletically but disappointed in the mistakes and special teams breakdowns.

JohnStOnge
September 23rd, 2006, 08:12 PM
This is ridiculous. Toledo just scored on a 3rd down and 35 play when two McNeese DBs ran into each other.

JohnStOnge
September 23rd, 2006, 08:19 PM
%$#@@!!!

McNeese had a long drive going, then totally unforced fumble at around the Toledo 20. Quarterback put it in the guy's breadbasket and he dropped it on the ground.

JohnStOnge
September 23rd, 2006, 08:20 PM
One of the Toledo announcers just said, with respect to McNeese, "Statistically they're doing everything but they're just killing themselves in miskates."

89Hen
September 23rd, 2006, 08:23 PM
Sorry to hear JSO. The only worse than losing to a I-A is beating them everywhere but the scoreboard.

JohnStOnge
September 23rd, 2006, 08:23 PM
This is very frustrating. McNeese matches up very well physically but have really helped Toledo.

JohnStOnge
September 23rd, 2006, 08:26 PM
Toledo announcer again, "Statistically this is a very close game. McNeese State has just turned the ball over at inopportune times."

Then, as he's saying that, McNeese has a bad shotgun snap and loses yards.

I don't know whether to be happy because they are able to go toe to toe with Toledo physically or upset because they are SO sloppy.

JohnStOnge
September 23rd, 2006, 08:30 PM
"The Cowboys could very well be in this game tied or within a touchdown, but they're just killing themselves."

That's what the Toledo announcer just said. He said it as McNeese had decided to go for it on 4th and 5 in Toledo territory then had two consecutve penalties...delay of game and illegal motion...to put themselves in 4th and 15.

JohnStOnge
September 23rd, 2006, 08:48 PM
Well, now the dam has broken. One pattern that's repeated from the South Florida game is that the defense appears tired in the 4th quarter, missing a lot of tackles etc.

JohnStOnge
September 23rd, 2006, 09:05 PM
Well, having the web cast was neat but that was really, really frustrating to watch. They did appear to get worn down in the 4th quarter but otherwise they helped Toledo an awful lot.

igo4uni
September 23rd, 2006, 09:07 PM
Well, having the web cast was neat but that was really, really frustrating to watch. They did appear to get worn down in the 4th quarter but otherwise they helped Toledo an awful lot.
Score??

blackfordpu
September 23rd, 2006, 09:10 PM
Score??

41-7 Toledo

igo4uni
September 23rd, 2006, 09:12 PM
41-7 Toledo

ouch.