ElCid
September 14th, 2013, 06:36 PM
St Francis 7-3 at the half. Really?

JSUBison
September 14th, 2013, 06:46 PM
ESPN says STFU 14, JMU 3. dafuq?

aceinthehole
September 14th, 2013, 06:51 PM
What is going on here? This would be HUGE for Saint Francis and the NEC!

WrenFGun
September 14th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Almost nothing would make me happier than seeing Mickey Matthews reaction after losing this game, but still feels unlikely.

GoBlueHens83
September 14th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Almost nothing would make me happier than seeing Mickey Matthews reaction after losing this game, but still feels unlikely.

+1

Something tells me it would involve a visor getting thrown xlolx

ElCid
September 14th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Could be a double whammy for the CAA, Gardner Webb is up 6-3 in the third over Richmond as well. This season is one for the books.

aceinthehole
September 14th, 2013, 07:05 PM
14-10 Saint Francis leads with 3:38 left in the 3rd Quarter.

DoubleH
September 14th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Still a dogfight, JMU by 3 with 12 minutes left. That would be a horrible loss for them.

Twentysix
September 14th, 2013, 07:30 PM
This would almost be like an FBS upset lol.

aceinthehole
September 14th, 2013, 07:41 PM
JMU up 24-17 late in the 4Q

Twentysix
September 14th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Come on STFU!

aceinthehole
September 14th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Saint Francis is down 20-24, less than 4:00 left in the game.

aceinthehole
September 14th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Saint Francis is down 20-24, less than 4:00 left in the game.

Saint Francis reps the NEC well this week.

blackbeard
September 14th, 2013, 08:03 PM

No doubt!

ngineer
September 14th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Just goes to underscore the old adage about "any given Saturday". Comparative scores can be very misleading and meaningless. Especially early in the season, with new personnel, a lot of erratic play can occur. No moral victories in a loss, but it great to see the perceived underdogs accepting the challenge.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 15th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Maybe GSUs 59-17 win over SFU wasn't so bad?

Go...gate
September 15th, 2013, 07:01 PM

Indeed. Great work by St. Francis!

ngineer
September 15th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Indeed. Great work by St. Francis!

Might have won if Assisi had shown up...

Nova09
September 16th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Nobody cares about the offensive pass interference call? Well ok then, I guess everybody was just checking the score on espn and nobody actually knows what happened in the game.

Fordham
September 16th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Jeez, I thought this was going to be a breather for us. Apparently not.

downbythebeach
September 17th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Nobody cares about the offensive pass interference call? Well ok then, I guess everybody was just checking the score on espn and nobody actually knows what happened in the game.

What happened....? I was actually at another FCS game at the time.

Nova09
September 18th, 2013, 09:45 AM

Don't remember exact circumstances, I think it was 3rd q SFU lead and ball big play into the red zone called back on bs off PI, drive resulted in no points. Remember thinking TD would really put jmu in trouble, even a fg would have completely altered the end game.

bojeta
September 18th, 2013, 12:09 PM
I remember the year St. Francis came out to Cal Poly and gave us a tough time. We won 41-33, but it was a struggle the whole way. Sometimes it's emotions or let-downs, and sometimes it just comes down to key matchups personnel wise. Whatever the reason, I'm happy to see the program at St. Francis enjoying some level of success.

URMite
September 18th, 2013, 12:10 PM

Middle of the second drive in the 3rd qtr. SFU was leading 14-3.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/playbyplay?gameId=332570256&period=3

I didn't see the play.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 19th, 2013, 03:58 PM
What happened? A team that knows how to run the ball abandoned it in favor of a still young and green QB with receivers (several of whom are injured) taught how to run routes by a former player in a wheelchair. Add to that a porous secondary and penalties by a whiny O-line + hangover from nailbiter the team should have won in Akron. Oh, and they probably thought this meant they were better than Michigan after seeing the ESPN ticker in the late afternoon before kickoff. Near disaster averted mostly by a dominant D-line by JMU and a determined stable of under-used RBs.

All of that said negative about JMU, I cannot overstate the positive impression I took from the attitude and heart that SFU showed on the field. They clearly wanted the win more, but talent barely won out in the end. I don't think SFU is a good team, but like someone already posted, "AGS" for a reason. I now know (again, like I did in '09 in a close call vs. D2 Bloomburg) what the FBS types must think when we roll in all hyped up for a pay day + a win to shock the college FB world. Well done Red Flash - glad you lost, but you deserved to win last Saturday!

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 19th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Also, 3 fumbles (1 lost) and 3 INTs, with no turnover from the opposition (i.e., -4 Net TOs by JMU) = LOSS on 9 out of 10 games. That's my key stat for the game.

I am not sure about refs, but each team had a couple bad calls. I don't buy that they were a factor in this game.

jmufan999
September 19th, 2013, 04:47 PM
What happened? A team that knows how to run the ball abandoned it in favor of a still young and green QB with receivers (several of whom are injured) taught how to run routes by a former player in a wheelchair. Add to that a porous secondary and penalties by a whiny O-line + hangover from nailbiter the team should have won in Akron. Oh, and they probably thought this meant they were better than Michigan after seeing the ESPN ticker in the late afternoon before kickoff. Near disaster averted mostly by a dominant D-line by JMU and a determined stable of under-used RBs.

All of that said negative about JMU, I cannot overstate the positive impression I took from the attitude and heart that SFU showed on the field. They clearly wanted the win more, but talent barely won out in the end. I don't think SFU is a good team, but like someone already posted, "AGS" for a reason. I now know (again, like I did in '09 in a close call vs. D2 Bloomburg) what the FBS types must think when we roll in all hyped up for a pay day + a win to shock the college FB world. Well done Red Flash - glad you lost, but you deserved to win last Saturday!

spot on. i don't agree that St. Francis "deserved" to win the game, though. but we can agree to disagree.

our D-line was unbelievably dominant. we had 8 sacks on the day. ponder that for a minute. that's on pace for nearly 100 sacks in a regular season. they were incredible.

St. Francis is much improved over last year. their QB play is much better. they were rotating guys and their athleticism just seems to be better. they made big plays, which they didn't do last year. our offensive gameplan was definitely strange, but St. Francis did what they had to do.

JMU had 8 penalties and 4 turnovers, which is about as sloppy as you can get. but i give credit to my Dukes for pulling out the win. SFU is improved over last year, though. no question about it.