PDA

View Full Version : Fordham should be ranked in the Top 10

crusader11
September 14th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Just saying.

Beat Villanova, who was ranked in the Top 10 at the time, and then beat Temple -- that's worthy of a Top 10 ranking.

The combination of QB Nebrich (UConn transfer) and RB Koonce has got to be one of the best in the FCS.

I'd be really surprised if Fordham doesn't go 12-0 in the regular season.

IBleedYellow
September 14th, 2013, 03:37 PM
I had them in my Top 20 I believe, they'll be moving up.

JSUBison
September 14th, 2013, 03:39 PM
They've proven much more than some other teams in the top ten. No need for me to name names, we all know who.

Fordham
September 14th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Just saying.

I'd be really surprised if Fordham doesn't go 12-0 in the regular season.

Thanks for the hex!

and thanks for the thoughts. I'm sure we will jump up pretty well but I doubt top 10. The beauty of FCS is that as long as you're in the mix you don't have to worry too much about rankings. Especially so this year.

Funny that in the euphoria i found myself wondering where and when Coach Moorhead will end up next. Best coach I've been around

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 14th, 2013, 03:41 PM
I had them 11th last week. They'll definitely be in my Top 10.

RichH2
September 14th, 2013, 03:45 PM
This verifies Nova win to me in a big way. I will be moving them way up. Absent them screwing up they could win out.

Twentysix
September 14th, 2013, 03:51 PM
I am not sure they will be in my top 10, I will wait and see how the rest of the day shakes out. They could end up there.

citdog
September 14th, 2013, 03:58 PM
I had them 11th last week. They'll definitely be in my Top 10.

you had MOST of that crap league ranked last week.

Twentysix
September 14th, 2013, 04:00 PM
you had MOST of that crap league ranked last week.

Fordham deserves a ranking, the rest of the conference is crap :p.

citdog
September 14th, 2013, 04:01 PM

I agree

DFW HOYA
September 14th, 2013, 04:04 PM

The rest of the PL wins so far:

Lehigh: Beat Central Connecticut, Monmouth
Bucknell: Beat Marist
Georgetown: Beat Davidson

Twentysix
September 14th, 2013, 04:04 PM

Exactly.

DFW HOYA
September 14th, 2013, 04:06 PM
It's still early though. If Colgate, Lafayette or HC go winless into PL play, that's a larger issue.

citdog
September 14th, 2013, 04:06 PM

lehigh: nobody
bucknell: nobody
georgetown: socon quitter

aceinthehole
September 14th, 2013, 04:10 PM

Lehigh beat 2 "NEC teams" by a combined 10 points, including an OT game.

Georgetown and Bucknell beat 2 "non-scholly Pioneer teams" by a combined 49 points.

BlueHenSinfonian
September 14th, 2013, 04:14 PM
I had Fordham ranked at #8 last week.

ecasadoSBU
September 14th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Impressive. this team's home field is 10 blocks away from my house and I've never bothered to pay attention. this may be the best time to watch fordham football.

CFBfan
September 14th, 2013, 04:30 PM

Fordham has 4 scholarship classes, 60 kids the rest of the league has their 1st, 15 freshman....2 more years and very different story citidung.....i mean dog

Twentysix
September 14th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Fordham has 4 scholarship classes, 60 kids the rest of the league has their 1st, 15 freshman....2 more years and very different story citidung.....i mean dog

The reasons don't matter. Either a team is crap, or it is not.

clenz
September 14th, 2013, 04:37 PM
The reasons don't matter. Either a team is crap, or it is not.

Mostly this

quando omni flunkus moritati

citdog
September 14th, 2013, 04:38 PM

So?

VUCats02
September 14th, 2013, 05:09 PM
This makes me feel better about Nova's season not being 100% lost yet...

JoltinJoe
September 14th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the hex!

The ESPN3 announcer said Fordham might just run the table.

I had the exact same reaction.

Squealofthepig
September 14th, 2013, 05:31 PM
The ESPN3 announcer said Fordham might just run the table.

I had the exact same reaction.

I had to look it up, so thought I'd post for all - Fordham's remaining schedule

vs. Columbia (1st game)
at St. Francis PA (0-1, 42 point loss at GSU)
vs. Lehigh (2-0)
at Georgetown (1-1, loss at Wagner, win over Davidson)
at Yale (has not played yet)
vs Holy Cross (0-2, one point loss at Bryant, 42 point loss vs. Towson)
vs Bucknell (1-0, win over Marist)
at Lafayette (0-1, 2 point loss vs. Sacred Heart)
at Colgate (0-3)

It looks like Fordham gets the toughest teams at home - playing Lehigh and Stony Brook at home (instead of on the road) definitely increases their chances of running the table, and all their away opponents already have at least one loss (except Yale, who hasn't played yet). The only bad thing, from a Patriot League perspective, might be how likely they'd get an at-large team in if Fordham runs the table (though Lehigh should be in good shape, especially if they can similarly beat UNH at home).

Fordham
September 14th, 2013, 05:51 PM
http://deadspin.com/football-powerhouse-wins-with-thrilling-hail-mary-1315488217

Last play

Gater
September 14th, 2013, 06:48 PM
Awesome. Congrats Fordham!

Mr. C
September 14th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Folks, having seen Fordham play twice in person, the Rams are really good. Better defensively than the John Skelton version of the team that lost narrowly to national runner-up UMass in 2006. More balance on offense, too.

On the Villanova/Temple thing, Koonce actually had a much easier time running on Temple than on Villanova. Villanova is better than Temple.

The Rams look like a playoff team to me.

DFW HOYA
September 14th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Prospects for Columbia in their opener with the Rams?

Bogus Megapardus
September 14th, 2013, 09:16 PM
Were I allowed to vote I'd put Fordham in the top ten without question. Congratulations to the Rams. Terrific game and terrific season so far. I can only hope that you're showing us the future of the Patriot League.

xhurrayx xhypedx xthumbsupx

Bogus Megapardus
September 14th, 2013, 09:21 PM

Yes. Fordham will, indeed, field their recruiting prospects to win the Columbia game.

Squealofthepig
September 14th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Were I allowed to vote I'd put Fordham in the top ten without question.

Wait, when did we kick you off the island? Is there video?

It looks like Fordham will be in my 10-15 range; I suspect they'll move up steadily due to attrition. I don't think they're a consensus top ten team - but it's pretty inexcusable to not have them on every ballot.

ngineer
September 14th, 2013, 10:19 PM
I will sit down tomorrow night and analyze closer, but Fordham certainly proved they belong in at least the top 15 after the first three weeks' performance.

GoBlueHens83
September 14th, 2013, 10:25 PM
I had Fordham ranked after last week (ahead of Nova). They will get a nice bump on my ballot this week. Congrats on the win & keep it up.

carney2
September 14th, 2013, 10:27 PM

About the same as a piece of kibble in my basset hound's bowl.

Bogus Megapardus
September 14th, 2013, 10:27 PM
Wait, when did we kick you off the island? Is there video?

Long ago I disqualified myself. I don't know anywhere near enough about FCS football outside of the Patriot, Ivy and CAA to make educated choices. I can no longer even name all the teams in the NEC or the Missouri-Ohio Valley Conference League or whatever it is. I just know that North Dakota State and Montana are really good and that I like McNeese and App State and Cal Poly. Besides I'm a ridiculously biased Patriot League homer. I would never allow me to vote.

Go...gate
September 14th, 2013, 10:56 PM
Long ago I disqualified myself. I don't know anywhere near enough about FCS football outside of the Patriot, Ivy and CAA to make educated choices. I can no longer even name all the teams in the NEC or the Missouri-Ohio Valley Conference League or whatever it is. I just know that North Dakota State and Montana are really good and that I like McNeese and App State and Cal Poly. Besides I'm a ridiculously biased Patriot League homer. I would never allow me to vote.

Same here. While I try to follow as much of FCS as possible, I did not know enough about all of the schools and conferences to participate in the poll.

FargoBison
September 14th, 2013, 11:37 PM
Had Fordham ranked in my first poll and they just keep on moving up. Top 10 for sure next week.