PDA

View Full Version : Vandy player accussed of rape now at Alcorn State

Laker
September 12th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Is this true? How could he be eligible already?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9666007/ex-vanderbilt-commodores-football-player-accused-rape-now-playing-alcorn-state

"McKenzie, who is from Woodville, Miss., returned three kickoffs for 80 yards against Mississippi State last weekend in a 51-7 loss. McKenzie is not on the current roster posted on Alcorn State's website, but made his debut with Alcorn State last weekend against the Bulldogs."

TTUEagles
September 12th, 2013, 07:15 PM
This was all over Nashville sports talk radio late this afternoon. Everyone is apalled, but I am not sure how I feel about this. From what I've heard and read, this seems to be an open and shut case, so the media members say and the local DA is going for it all with these 4 guys (and 3 others for contributing to help conceal the crime/or possible crime). I believe in innocent until proven guilty, but man, is it worth the bad PR to take on a guy like this if you are Alcorn?

Sandlapper Spike
September 12th, 2013, 08:30 PM
It's now being reported he has been removed from Alcorn State's roster.

BluBengal07
September 12th, 2013, 09:17 PM
yea, after it blew up in Mississippi, Alcorn dismissed him. it's crazy how Alcorn was ok with him playing there and actually play in a game without being there very long.

UPDATED: Alcorn dismisses McKenzie until further noticeSeptember 12th, 2013| by Ros Dumlao (http://blogs.clarionledger.com/jsu/author/rdumlao/)
http://blogs.clarionledger.com/jsu/2013/09/12/updated-alcorn-dismisses-mckenzie-until-further-notice/

Jaborian “Tip” McKenzie has been removed from the Alcorn State football team until further notice, the university announced in a press release Thursday night.
The Natchez native and former Trinity Episcopal star, who was dismissed from Vanderbilt University after being charged with five counts of aggravated rape and two counts of sexual battery, appeared in the Braves’ 55-7 loss at Mississippi State as a wide receiver and kick returner on Saturday.
“Alcorn failed to sufficiently examine the allegations against McKenzie before allowing him to participate in our football program,” said university president Christopher Brown. “In an effort to provide educational opportunities to a Southwest Mississippi student, Alcorn State University made an error in judgment.”
President Brown added, “Participation in Alcorn State University intercollegiate athletics is a privilege and not a right. Intercollegiate athletics is an extracurricular forum for student engagement intended to provide an outlet for maturation, growth, and development. And McKenzie has been notified that the privilege to play has been withdrawn.”...

TTUEagles
September 12th, 2013, 09:27 PM
Alcorn doing some crawfishin'... damage control!

dgtw
September 12th, 2013, 09:40 PM
They failed to fully investigate the charges? If a guy wants to transfer to my school, the first call I'm making is to his old coach and find out why he left. Or just google his name and see what pops up.

Someone screwed up and should be fired.