PDA

View Full Version : Fellow NDSU fans...

Vitojr130
September 11th, 2013, 12:02 AM
What do you think of this?

http://www.ndsuspectrum.com/news/dance-team-removed-from-sidlines-1.3058153#.Ui_5CT_y3o5

Personally, this upsets me a lot. Not only because they are hot girls, but because they put a lot of work into performing as secondary cheerleaders. Why can't the athletic dept. allow non-athletic organizations on the field? It seems like a bs excuse for some underlying reasons....

Bisonator
September 11th, 2013, 07:41 AM
That's just stupid. xsmhx

AmsterBison
September 11th, 2013, 08:48 AM
What do you think of this?

http://www.ndsuspectrum.com/news/dance-team-removed-from-sidlines-1.3058153#.Ui_5CT_y3o5

Personally, this upsets me a lot. Not only because they are hot girls, but because they put a lot of work into performing as secondary cheerleaders. Why can't the athletic dept. allow non-athletic organizations on the field? It seems like a bs excuse for some underlying reasons....

There's something else going on. Cheerleaders are an athletic bunch but not an athletic organization and our band members don't have to have a sub-5 second 40 to see the field.

Get the dance team back out there and find them someplace to practice. It sounds like the dance team coach was taking over the BSA which used to be the only indoor practice space for all our teams. You'd think with the new indoor track, this wouldn't be that much of a problem. Anyway, NDSU should be rewarding their excellence rather than punishing the drive that achieved it.

Vitojr130
September 11th, 2013, 12:18 PM
There's something else going on. Cheerleaders are an athletic bunch but not an athletic organization and our band members don't have to have a sub-5 second 40 to see the field.

Get the dance team back out there and find them someplace to practice. It sounds like the dance team coach was taking over the BSA which used to be the only indoor practice space for all our teams. You'd think with the new indoor track, this wouldn't be that much of a problem. Anyway, NDSU should be rewarding their excellence rather than punishing the drive that achieved it.

That's exactly what I thought. I mean, NDSU can only benefit from this. They don't pay them anything AND they get extra entertainment on the football field. Pretty poor decision IMHO

MplsBison
September 11th, 2013, 01:02 PM
I'm fine with the decision. It doesn't seem to be coming from the NDSU athletic department.

It's not like the team is ending, they'll perform at their competitions. That should be the point, for them. If those girls want to be on the football field, then try out for the cheerleading team.

Full disclosure: I don't care about anything that supposedly "enhances" the gameday experience, beyond the teams - things like bands, mascots, cheerleaders, etc. For all I care, remove them all. I know probably very few people agree with me on that, so take it for what you will.

Bisonator
September 11th, 2013, 01:12 PM
I just don't understand the issue. They overstepped the bounds as far as practice time in the BSA so they can't be at any athletic events? That just seems like someone is being bitter to me. So why can't they practice in another building? What about the B-B fieldhouse? Surely they can find some time for them somewhere.

MplsBison
September 11th, 2013, 01:30 PM
I just don't understand the issue. They overstepped the bounds as far as practice time in the BSA so they can't be at any athletic events? That just seems like someone is being bitter to me. So why can't they practice in another building? What about the B-B fieldhouse? Surely they can find some time for them somewhere.

That's likely what it is. "Oh, so we can't practice in the BSA anymore? Fine...we're not performing at football games, then."

Something will probably get worked out.

Twentysix
September 11th, 2013, 02:12 PM

It may also have something to do with Bison Dance team. Club organizations are not allowed to use the bison moniker.

Cheerleaders are an official ndsu thing, so is the band. The dance team is the same as quidditch at Minnesota, or hockey at ndsu.

It could also be academic, perhaps they were trying to get (or likely were getting) school sanctioned days off to attend club competition, which is a no no.

I would think this has everything to do with them stepping on to many peoples toes, eventually they were told to GTFO.

citdog
September 11th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Less T&A is NEVER a good thing.

Darlinikki150
September 11th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Those "girls" brought nothing to the table. They were pointless. I'm not a fan of cheerleading any way, it isn't a sport! But they were a little tacky and classless. The south endzone used to just razz them to no end. Nothing lost with out them IMO.

citdog
September 11th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Those "girls" brought nothing to the table. They were pointless. I'm not a fan of cheerleading any way, it isn't a sport! But they were a little tacky and classless. The south endzone used to just razz them to no end. Nothing lost with out them IMO.

post video of you dancing better

Twentysix
September 11th, 2013, 02:44 PM

That'd be tough, they are apparently the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xt4g1NTZnjs

I believe that video is their second consecutive NC in pom.

Though I am not sure they belong at football games anyway. I won't lose any sleep over it, that's for sure.

Twentysix
September 11th, 2013, 02:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUcPeMs871k&feature=player_detailpage

Did I dance better than them? You be the judge.

Darlinikki150
September 11th, 2013, 02:59 PM

At no point did I say I could dance better. I said they were pointless. Its a football game, not a dance competition or a club. They r good at dancing , awesome. Do they dance at all Bison Athletics?

citdog
September 11th, 2013, 03:02 PM
At no point did I say I could dance better. I said they were pointless. Its a football game, not a dance competition or a club. They r good at dancing , awesome. Do they dance at all Bison Athletics?

would you still post video of you dancing?

Dougie?
Twerk?

TennBison
September 11th, 2013, 03:48 PM
This is a lot of BS. Are those ROTC/National guard guys that do pushups when the Bison score a part of the athletic program. Probably not. So does that mean they are no longer allowed to be at the football games. But good luck telling them they can't be there. I don't see anywhere in the article that it says the dancers are not allowed to be there because of some sort of regulations, sounds like it is just a school decision to limit the amount of people from the sidelines. I say let them be there, if you are a fan of the band and cheerleaders then the dance team could get the same support. And for gods sake, they are two time defending national champs at what they do and the school only lets them practice once a week for three hours. To me it is a lack of support, let them dance at the games, it gives them a chance to stay sharp and get better.

Twentysix
September 11th, 2013, 04:30 PM
This is a lot of BS. Are those ROTC/National guard guys that do pushups when the Bison score a part of the athletic program. Probably not. So does that mean they are no longer allowed to be at the football games. But good luck telling them they can't be there. I don't see anywhere in the article that it says the dancers are not allowed to be there because of some sort of regulations, sounds like it is just a school decision to limit the amount of people from the sidelines. I say let them be there, if you are a fan of the band and cheerleaders then the dance team could get the same support. And for gods sake, they are two time defending national champs at what they do and the school only lets them practice once a week for three hours. To me it is a lack of support, let them dance at the games, it gives them a chance to stay sharp and get better.

Can the gaming guild also play magic the gathering in the BSA? If one club can use it, they all probably have to be allowed to.

The ROTC program is a branch of the military through the school. Dance is a club.

Darlinikki150
September 11th, 2013, 04:47 PM
[QUOTE=citdog;2004223]would you still post video of you dancing?

Dougie?
Twerk?

I'm outta commission right now, had to have surgery on my hip so the craziest I can get is swaying w my cane? Wanna vid of that? Lol, if I had enough bud light and apple pie in me- who knows wat I would post...

TennBison
September 11th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Can the gaming guild also play magic the gathering in the BSA? If one club can use it, they all probably have to be allowed to.

The ROTC program is a branch of the military through the school. Dance is a club.
True, but according to the article, the issue with the dance team was the fact that they were not part of the athletic program. And neither is the ROTC. Just to be clear, I don't want the ROTC to stop being at games, I just used them as an example.

Twentysix
September 11th, 2013, 06:36 PM
True, but according to the article, the issue with the dance team was the fact that they were not part of the athletic program. And neither is the ROTC. Just to be clear, I don't want the ROTC to stop being at games, I just used them as an example.

Neither are the police? Get them off the field!

BisonBohl
September 11th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Does this thread really need to be in the football discussion of an FCS Football message board???

Bisonator
September 11th, 2013, 07:58 PM
[QUOTE=citdog;2004223]would you still post video of you dancing?

Dougie?
Twerk?

I'm outta commission right now, had to have surgery on my hip so the craziest I can get is swaying w my cane? Wanna vid of that? Lol, if I had enough bud light and apple pie in me- who knows wat I would post...

Oooohhhh this could get good!xbeerchugxxpopcornx

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 11th, 2013, 08:39 PM
I could care less either way.

I go to see the game not them.

Vitojr130
September 11th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Does this thread really need to be in the football discussion of an FCS Football message board???

It had to do with our gameday experience and that is why I placed it here. If ursus feels the need to move it feel free, but yes it does pertain to football.

Vitojr130
September 11th, 2013, 09:44 PM

I have been sitting in the south endzone for the past 5 years and have never witnessed any razzing going on. If anything, people support them because they are basically an add on to our cheer team for gameday.

Vitojr130
September 11th, 2013, 09:48 PM

This is incredibly different. Acting as a secondary cheer squad to help get the fans into a game and being at least a little relevant to the athletic dept. is quite different than slamming down an off-brand pokemon card game.

Twentysix
September 11th, 2013, 10:40 PM
This is incredibly different. Acting as a secondary cheer squad to help get the fans into a game and being at least a little relevant to the athletic dept. is quite different than slamming down an off-brand pokemon card game.

But you see it as completely different. The school is likely obligated to see them in the same way. They are nothing more than a student organization, also known as a club. I think they could practice in the BSA with no issue, if they paid whatever the rate is to rent it out. And that rate would likely have to be offered to all clubs including a club basketball team.

Darlinikki150
September 12th, 2013, 12:39 AM
I have been sitting in the south endzone for the past 5 years and have never witnessed any razzing going on. If anything, people support them because they are basically an add on to our cheer team for gameday.

Well I have been there 15 years and the people around me do, and so do I.
Its s football game, I don't pay attention to the cheerleaders let alone a dance team. And I don't think I'm in the minority... either way it doesn't matter the decision was made and they r out. I wonder if the cheer team will get their student tickets and come to the game and cheer in the stands????

ming01
September 12th, 2013, 05:29 AM

also the wellness center. a lot of club teams practice there. what sucks the most is they were way better looking than the regular cheer leaders. haha

ming01
September 12th, 2013, 05:31 AM
It may also have something to do with Bison Dance team. Club organizations are not allowed to use the bison moniker.

Cheerleaders are an official ndsu thing, so is the band. The dance team is the same as quidditch at Minnesota, or hockey at ndsu.

It could also be academic, perhaps they were trying to get (or likely were getting) school sanctioned days off to attend club competition, which is a no no.

I would think this has everything to do with them stepping on to many peoples toes, eventually they were told to GTFO.

lacrosse team has bison on their jerseys

Twentysix
September 12th, 2013, 12:31 PM
lacrosse team has bison on their jerseys

Interesting. They also use Dacotah field right?

Do they rent it, or are they allowed to use it for free?

Vitojr130
September 12th, 2013, 12:54 PM

The lacrosse team used to use the rugby pitch to practice (but idk if they still do or not) and I don't think any club teams have to "rent" space if it's approved by the athletic dept. God only knows we as students have already paid enough for the facilities...

ming01
September 12th, 2013, 04:41 PM

that i have no idea. probably allowed to use it for free

Bisonoline
September 13th, 2013, 09:33 PM
I could care less either way.

I go to see the game not them.

Me too. The dance team is a student organization. So are frats. So why should the dance team curry favor? Too be truthful I didnt even know there performed at the football games. I did see them at a WBB once and couldnt understand why a select few in the crowd were cheering-screaming as they did there thing. I was like why are you going crazy for that?

Twentysix
September 13th, 2013, 10:25 PM
Me too. The dance team is a student organization. So are frats. So why should the dance team curry favor? Too be truthful I didnt even know there performed at the football games. I did see them at a WBB once and couldnt understand why a select few in the crowd were cheering-screaming as they did there thing. I was like why are you going crazy for that?

Likely Girlfriend/Daughter on the dance team. I don't hate them by any stretch of the imagination, I just don't care. lol.

Bisonoline
September 13th, 2013, 11:31 PM
Likely Girlfriend/Daughter on the dance team. I don't hate them by any stretch of the imagination, I just don't care. lol.

My feelings also.

citdog
September 14th, 2013, 01:34 AM
I did see them at a WBB once and couldnt understand why a select few in the crowd were cheering-screaming as they did there thing. I was like why are you going crazy for that?

bisononline's section

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2621/3677954122_952d03268a_z.jpg?zz=1

you should NEVER let dback order the tickets

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 14th, 2013, 07:22 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That is a fu**-uped picture....xsmhx