PDA

View Full Version : The Citadel at Western Carolina

The Cats
September 10th, 2013, 11:32 AM
What are your thoughts on Saturday's Bulldogs vs. Catamounts game?

Can the Cats win their 1st conference game since last winning a 24-13 victory over the very same Bulldogs back in the 2010 season in Charleston?

or

Does the Bulldogs regroup this week and hand the Catamounts their its 29th consecutive loss to a NCAA Division I program?

Smitty
September 10th, 2013, 11:38 AM
I want to be optimistic, I really do... but I've been let down so many times.

If we don't get a win this week then the next/last chance (SoCon wise) will be Elon. Anything else would be a pleasant surprise.

citdog
September 10th, 2013, 12:04 PM
This is a HUGE game for the future of the program. Go 0-3 and it's time for a regime change. That being said I think the Cadets do enough on offense to win.

24-13

dbackjon
September 10th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Catamounts by 3

ASUMountaineer
September 10th, 2013, 12:31 PM
I don't know what will happen, but I will be pulling for the Catamounts.

citdog
September 10th, 2013, 12:33 PM
I don't know what will happen, but I will be pulling for the Catamounts.

scalawag

The Cats
September 10th, 2013, 12:37 PM
This is a HUGE game for the future of the program.

Huge for both programs. I see the score reversed.

CID1990
September 10th, 2013, 12:49 PM
One thing is for sure....

If we continue to play like we have the last two weeks we will get run out of Cullowhee by at least two full scores. Don't be fooled by our scores over the last two weeks. CSU stinks out loud and Wofford is at best the #3 team in the conference (and might drop to 4). We got manhandled by both.

We are scary bad right now. If the rumors of internal problems are true, then our problems are not just a matter of Xs and Os.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 10th, 2013, 12:56 PM
With the Citadel playing as poorly as they have, this is a chance for WCU to get a solid conference win.

Sorry citdog - might get your fannies whooped. Chin up though, there's always App State to look down upon.

Bill
September 10th, 2013, 12:57 PM
This is a HUGE game for the future of the program. Go 0-3 and it's time for a regime change.

Let's hope there's no regime change - I'm a big fan of Coach Higgins! Here's hoping the Military College of South Carolina pulls one out....

SU DOG
September 10th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Sullivan looks pretty good to me. The Cats' defense isn't too bad either. In watching The Citadel, I just don't see them winning at Western. I pick the Catamounts(but hey, I'm usually wrong).

SpeedkingATL
September 10th, 2013, 01:27 PM
I'm about as puzzled by the Citdogs performance this year as I am about Apps. Something just hasn't jelled with them yet and the Cats are a team hungry for a victory. My bet is that Citadel pulls out of their slump and wins this one going away but I would like to see the Cats end their futility in the SoCon.

ElCid
September 10th, 2013, 01:40 PM
My Bulldogs may very well be in full implosion mode. The talent is there. Yeah we lost a couple key players, but we were at least solid. As Cid 1990 alluded to, there are some serious internal issues going on right now and moral on the team must be very low. Rumors of disciplinary issues among some top players and captains is obviously having an effect. I am far from an insider and really just a simple fan, but leadership appears to be non-existent. I am not one to call for coaching changes but we may be nearing that requirement as well. This will be the final test. We could always turn it around, but each passing week will diminish our chances. We lose this week and we win 1 or 2 games max and I am not even sure about Elon and VMI. We are that bad.

I have been to both games and they were truly horrible. Western will win by at least 10-14 if we continue to play the same. They gave us a run early last year. It was closer than the final 45-31 score. We were tied going into the 4th. From what I have seen so far, they are better this year and at home. Yeah, I think they will finally get their conference win.

walliver
September 10th, 2013, 04:54 PM
It's hard to assess WCU based on 2 OOC losses. The Citadel has major problems with the offensive line, especially with pass protection.

I was expecting a much stronger showing last week by the bullpups (even though homefield in this series is more of a disadvantage than an advantage). Nevertheless I expect the bellhops to find a way to win.

Jiggs
September 12th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Cats win a close one.

Ivytalk
September 12th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Citadel by 10. Knobs bob the Cats, 27-17.

Sandlapper Spike
September 12th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Kevin Higgins says he's going "back to basics". It better work, because there isn't anything left if it doesn't...

T-Dog
September 12th, 2013, 09:49 PM
The Cats can score points, but can't defend, especially a Triple Option. I see a high-scoring affair like a 44-41 final. It could go either way.

WCU LawCat
September 13th, 2013, 01:07 AM
Been a while since I was on here.

Sounds crazy but this is one of the biggest games Western has played in a long time. As long as our new defensive coordinator has some type of idea on how to stop the option I see Western winning the game. This is a better Western Carolina football team. I will pick Western by 17.

CID1990
September 13th, 2013, 08:00 AM
The Cats can score points, but can't defend, especially a Triple Option. I see a high-scoring affair like a 44-41 final. It could go either way.

That's all fine and good, but The Citadel doesn't run the triple option.

The Citadel currently runs the I, the Spread, the Empty Backfield, and our bread and butter is the Busted Play.

Reign of Terrier
September 13th, 2013, 09:46 AM
I think the Citadel fans are just a little dumbstruck right now after starting 0-2. They have the talent to run with anyone in the conference, but they have the consistency of the South Carolina Gamecocks pre-Spurrier.

People tend to forget that they only beat a VMI team last year by 3 that finished 2-9 with only 1 D1 win.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I heard from a guy who heard from a guy who is like a coach or works with the team or whatever, and he said the citadel focused a lot of the off season focusing on Wofford. CSU I think in that regard snuck up on the citadel and even after that loss there were plenty of people with the basic sentiment of "we lost, but we shouldn't lose this week"

And they did. I think the short-changing is more off the inaccurate assessment that Wofford is suddenly collectively less talented than last year because we lost Eric Breitenstein and Mike Niam, but return 3/4 of the 2 deep with half of them having more than 2 years worth of playing experience. If anything we're better offensively this year and defensively we may not be as good but we're at a good level.

Now, I don't mean to say this to derail the conversation to being about Wofford, but I think it is relevant given that they played last week. The Citadel is a good team, better than their fans give credit, and Western is improved as well.

I don't see the Western stopping the option though.

38-31 El Cid.

citdog
September 13th, 2013, 01:17 PM
I think the Citadel fans are just a little dumbstruck right now after starting 0-2. They have the talent to run with anyone in the conference, but they have the consistency of the South Carolina Gamecocks pre-Spurrier.

People tend to forget that they only beat a VMI team last year by 3 that finished 2-9 with only 1 D1 win.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I heard from a guy who heard from a guy who is like a coach or works with the team or whatever, and he said the citadel focused a lot of the off season focusing on Wofford. CSU I think in that regard snuck up on the citadel and even after that loss there were plenty of people with the basic sentiment of "we lost, but we shouldn't lose this week"

And they did. I think the short-changing is more off the inaccurate assessment that Wofford is suddenly collectively less talented than last year because we lost Eric Breitenstein and Mike Niam, but return 3/4 of the 2 deep with half of them having more than 2 years worth of playing experience. If anything we're better offensively this year and defensively we may not be as good but we're at a good level.

Now, I don't mean to say this to derail the conversation to being about Wofford, but I think it is relevant given that they played last week. The Citadel is a good team, better than their fans give credit, and Western is improved as well.

38-31 El Cid.

you need to step back and see your team this year for what they really are. The WORST Wofford team in YEARS.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 13th, 2013, 01:28 PM
you need to step back and see your team this year for what they really are. The WORST Wofford team in YEARS.

http://dbug.kicks-ass.net/dbugforums/yabbfiles/Attachments/good-good-let-the-butthurt-flow-through-you-11.jpeg

citdog
September 13th, 2013, 01:33 PM
http://dbug.kicks-ass.net/dbugforums/yabbfiles/Attachments/good-good-let-the-butthurt-flow-through-you-11.jpeg

No buttockache just the facts about Woffy's team this season. Least talented Wofford team in years.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 13th, 2013, 01:36 PM
No buttockache just the facts about Woffy's team this season. Least talented Wofford team in years.

He predicted a win. If my team just got beaten by double digits I wouldn't proclaim the team that just beat me the worst in years.

dungeonjoe
September 13th, 2013, 01:39 PM
It says something, then, that the worst Wofford team in years handled The Citadel so easily. That must explain that 15 year thing.
The Citadel 13 western 21

citdog
September 13th, 2013, 01:39 PM
He predicted a win. If my team just got beaten by double digits I wouldn't proclaim the team that just beat me the worst in years.

what you don't understand, only being FCS for a short while, is that I have seen EVERY Wofford team since they came into the Southern Conference and a bunch of them before they did going back to before the days of Shawn Graves. When you have played the same teams for 20 or so years you too will be able to judge them competently.

citdog
September 13th, 2013, 01:41 PM
It says something, then, that the worst Wofford team in years handled The Citadel so easily. That must explain that 15 year thing.
The Citadel 13 western 21

I wish this guy was OURS. He is the difference maker.

http://gamedayr.com/wp-content/slideshow/2012/07/2012-south-carolina-gamecocks-football-preview-breaking-down-the-schedule/full/Wofford-Coach-Mike-Ayers-570x763.jpg

dungeonjoe
September 13th, 2013, 01:48 PM
I wish this guy was OURS. He is the difference maker.

http://gamedayr.com/wp-content/slideshow/2012/07/2012-south-carolina-gamecocks-football-preview-breaking-down-the-schedule/full/Wofford-Coach-Mike-Ayers-570x763.jpg
Your mother wouldn't approve. He is Methodist. To your point, I think coaching changes among the staff have not done the bulldogs any favors. Ayers is a great coach with a staff that shares his vision.

OL FU
September 13th, 2013, 01:52 PM

38-31 El Cid.

It they spend a lot of time focusing on Wofford then I tend to agree with some of the Citadel fans on this board.xeyebrowx

proasu89
September 13th, 2013, 06:27 PM

The Citadel currently runs the I, the Spread, the Empty Backfield, and our bread and butter is the Busted Play.

Sounds like you've been looking in our play book.

ElCid
September 13th, 2013, 07:55 PM

Unfortunately!xconfusedx

We are currently lost offensively.

I love Sandlapper's piece. It sums it up nicely.

http://thesportsarsenal.com/2013/09/12/2013-football-game-3-the-citadel-vs-western-carolina/

ElCid
September 13th, 2013, 07:58 PM
I think the Citadel fans are just a little dumbstruck right now after starting 0-2. They have the talent to run with anyone in the conference, but they have the consistency of the South Carolina Gamecocks pre-Spurrier.....

.....I don't see the Western stopping the option though.

38-31 El Cid.

Dumbstruck is a bit of an understatement.

Appreciate the vote of confidence though. We'll see.

ElCid
September 13th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Your mother wouldn't approve. He is Methodist. To your point, I think coaching changes among the staff have not done the bulldogs any favors. Ayers is a great coach with a staff that shares his vision.

I'd take him. But I'm Methodist.xbowx

CID1990
September 14th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Dogs came out pissed.

21-0 Bulldogs early in the 2nd.

ElCid
September 14th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Looks like the Dogs have finally come alive. Everything is working so far.

Smitty
September 14th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Yeah the dream lasted maybe 6 days?

ElCid
September 14th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Western Fights back with nice opening drive of second half. 21-6 Cid. 11:29 3rd.

Sandlapper Spike
September 14th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Dogs respond with a score. 28-7. Still plenty of time left in this one.

CID1990
September 14th, 2013, 04:11 PM
28-7 Bulldogs.

both teams came out and drove the field.

WCU has 8 penalties for 80 yards. If not for that, and one big mistake this game would be either tied or one score difference.

ElCid
September 14th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Citadel answer right back. They are running very well. The O-line is finally getting it right apparently. Cid answer right back.

28-7 3rd 6:06.

ElCid
September 14th, 2013, 04:13 PM
28-7 Bulldogs.

both teams came out and drove the field.

WCU has 8 penalties for 80 yards. If not for that, and one big mistake this game would be either tied or one score difference.

Those penalties have really helped us. we are still, characteristically, 0/0 on penalties.

Smitty
September 14th, 2013, 04:16 PM
28-14 4 plays for 75 yards

citdog
September 14th, 2013, 04:18 PM
28-14 4 plays for 75 yards

NO quit in the Catamounts. RESPECT!

Smitty
September 14th, 2013, 04:23 PM
NO quit in the Catamounts. RESPECT!

Nice to have, but I would also be happy with a defense.

ElCid
September 14th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Nice to have, but I would also be happy with a defense.

I think you just got one with that interception. How stupid. We could have just kept running it and been fine, but we had to throw it.

Smitty
September 14th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Cit 28 - WCU 21 6:51

14 plays for 76 yards

citdog
September 14th, 2013, 04:40 PM
BIG drive upcoming for the Cadets. Just what kind of team are the 'Dogs? We'll find out.

ElCid
September 14th, 2013, 04:43 PM
BIG drive upcoming for the Cadets. Just what kind of team are the 'Dogs? We'll find out.

I guess we just found out.

Smitty
September 14th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Catamounts get their first defensive stop and get the ball back at 4:32

citdog
September 14th, 2013, 04:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoJVJpTruzg

Lehigh'98
September 14th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Lehigh stinks Citdog, but Citadel stinks worse.

ElCid
September 14th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Wow. Defense steps up big time. Big time interception! Double tip.

Smitty
September 14th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Bulldogs intercept off a bounce

Smitty
September 14th, 2013, 04:51 PM
WCU looked like a different team in the second half, but unfortunately we were too far down.

ElCid
September 14th, 2013, 04:52 PM
2 minutes to go. Cid on western 21 28-21. Should be over barring a stupid mistake.

citdog
September 14th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Lehigh stinks Citdog, but Citadel stinks worse.

I expect more from those who pay 57,115 per year for their education.

http://i.qkme.me/35uagr.jpg

El Cid 80
September 14th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the running commentary... It's a lot faster than gametrack!

ElCid
September 14th, 2013, 04:55 PM
WCU looked like a different team in the second half, but unfortunately we were too far down.

They were very good in the second half. We almost blew it. Mitchell is pretty good.

ElCid
September 14th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Under a minute to go. Cid 28-21 WCU, ball on 6. 1st in goal. Protect the ball!

citdog
September 14th, 2013, 04:59 PM

Play like that every week and you'll win a few this year. WCU, like always, played to the last snap today.

Smitty
September 14th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Yeah he seems to bring some life to the team, just wish we could stop the run. We should pick up a win next week then head out to Samford, which is going to be pretty scary.

ElCid
September 14th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Game, 28-21. WCU is going to get a win. Elon or Furman maybe. Minus a few mistakes, they could have, maybe should have had this one. Nice come back in second half.

Sandlapper Spike
September 14th, 2013, 05:12 PM
I really don't want to think about our pass D against ODU next week, but I'll take this win. Mitchell is a good QB who is going to give WCU's opponents problems all season.

ElCid
September 14th, 2013, 05:24 PM
I really don't want to think about our pass D against ODU next week, but I'll take this win. Mitchell is a good QB who is going to give WCU's opponents problems all season.

The only pass D we will have is to run the ball. Keep it out of their offense's hands and we have an outside chance.

CID1990
September 14th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Take away WCU's one big mistake, and their penalties and they win this game.

I'm not happy with our staff at all. We did our best to lose, but the kids pulled it out and I'm proud of them.

Another observation- WCU this week was better than Wofford last week. That might not be the case this week, or when they play each other, and I'm not taking anything away from Wofford. what I am saying is that WCU has a good team, or at least a much improved one over last year. I fully expect them to beat Elon and Furman, and to steal one from someone they shouldn't. The QB is the real deal.

Maybe the jug's final resting place is Cullowhee?

ElCid
September 14th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Take away WCU's one big mistake, and their penalties and they win this game.

I'm not happy with our staff at all. We did our best to lose, but the kids pulled it out and I'm proud of them.

Another observation- WCU this week was better than Wofford last week. That might not be the case this week, or when they play each other, and I'm not taking anything away from Wofford. what I am saying is that WCU has a good team, or at least a much improved one over last year. I fully expect them to beat Elon and Furman, and to steal one from someone they shouldn't. The QB is the real deal.

Maybe the jug's final resting place is Cullowhee?

Sweet Justice?

PaladinFan
September 14th, 2013, 09:25 PM
WCU improved significantly? The Citadel not quite what we thought they were? Both?

ASU_Fanatic
September 14th, 2013, 09:27 PM
WCU is undoubtedly better this year. They'll win like 3 games but really how good are they ever gonna get? Seems like just an impossible place to win at at this point

saxbison
September 14th, 2013, 09:30 PM
I generally root for App, but I would l would love for the Catamounts to take a notch in the rivalry.

citdog
September 14th, 2013, 09:35 PM
WCU improved significantly? The Citadel not quite what we thought they were? Both?

TYPICAL Southern Conference game. Western has talent, as usual, and Speir is learning how to use it. They are MUCH improved. The 'Dogs are an unknown at this point.

crusader11
September 14th, 2013, 09:40 PM
Western has talent, as usual, and Speir is learning how to use it...

Western Carolina is 12-79 since 2006.

Smitty
September 14th, 2013, 09:41 PM
WCU is undoubtedly better this year. They'll win like 3 games but really how good are they ever gonna get? Seems like just an impossible place to win at at this point

Nah not impossible to win just need to repair 25+ years of damage to our program...

citdog
September 14th, 2013, 09:43 PM
Western Carolina is 12-79 since 2006.

WCU has not been very good at hiring football coaches.

ASU_Fanatic
September 14th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Nah not impossible to win just need to repair 25+ years of damage to our program...
I'm rooting for you guys real hard. I want to see you beat everyone but App, I have some good friends at Western.

Go...gate
September 14th, 2013, 10:10 PM
Congrats to The Citadel. Sounds like WCU is moving in the right direction.

Mr. C
September 14th, 2013, 10:18 PM
WCU has not been very good at hiring football coaches.
The head coaches haven't been the problem (except for the previous guy, what an embarrassment). It has been more about poor administration, poor infrastructure, lack of resources. Bill Bleil was SoCon coach of the year when he was fired for off-field stuff and Kent Briggs saw things go downhill with the program after he came down with cancer. The Cats played for a share of the SoCon title in 2005.

I think WCU has a very good head coach and a nice staff now, with Mark Speir and the guys. I have some good friends on that staff.

ASUMountaineer
September 16th, 2013, 09:17 AM
scalawag

Oh come one Citty...you knew they need the win more, plus who doesn't love an underdog? And, I mean, your reaction to that loss would have been A-MA-ZING!

citdog
September 16th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Oh come one Citty...you knew they need the win more, plus who doesn't love an underdog? And, I mean, your reaction to that loss would have been A-MA-ZING!

My reaction to the WIN is even better.

Engineer86
September 16th, 2013, 09:54 AM

I am sure it is, since it is so rare. All you have going for you taking shots at then PL. kick them while they are down now. You won't have the chance for long. xnodx

ASUMountaineer
September 16th, 2013, 10:06 AM

sad.

citdog
September 16th, 2013, 10:19 AM
I am sure it is, since it is so rare. All you have going for you taking shots at then PL. kick them while they are down now. You won't have the chance for long. xnodx

We have MUCH more than that to be proud of!

When one plays ACTUAL COMPETITION and not Monmouth and CCSU plus a conference schedule that is almost the weakest in the country it is a better measure of what kind of team one has. Lehigh sucks and doesn't play ANYONE. Sad

citdog
September 16th, 2013, 10:20 AM
sad.

when is the last time Yosef won a game?

ASUMountaineer
September 16th, 2013, 10:36 AM
when is the last time Yosef won a game?

Right before last year's playoffs. When is the last time the knobs made the playoffs?

citdog
September 16th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Right before last year's playoffs. When is the last time the knobs made the playoffs?

SURELY you haven't forgotten about Jack Douglas?

http://cdn87.psbin.com/img/mw=450/cr=n/d=lim5a/6yjsyplbdvgc8cal.jpg

ASUMountaineer
September 16th, 2013, 12:07 PM
SURELY you haven't forgotten about Jack Douglas?

http://cdn87.psbin.com/img/mw=450/cr=n/d=lim5a/6yjsyplbdvgc8cal.jpg

That long ago? Damn, that sucks. Kudos on your one-win-a-decade!

citdog
September 16th, 2013, 12:11 PM
That long ago? Damn, that sucks. Kudos on your one-win-a-decade!

at least we've won a game in 2013. perhaps you will be able to handle elon.

catamount man
September 16th, 2013, 12:26 PM
The head coaches haven't been the problem (except for the previous guy, what an embarrassment). It has been more about poor administration, poor infrastructure, lack of resources. Bill Bleil was SoCon coach of the year when he was fired for off-field stuff and Kent Briggs saw things go downhill with the program after he came down with cancer. The Cats played for a share of the SoCon title in 2005.

I think WCU has a very good head coach and a nice staff now, with Mark Speir and the guys. I have some good friends on that staff.

It was ALWAYS WCU's administration even going back to the Bob Waters years. When WCU went 11-3-1 in 1983 and finished national runner-up, the school missed on a golden opportunity to provide more financing for the team. 3 chancellors later and you see where we are at. Dr. David Belcher, the chancellor since July 2011 is doing all he can to help get it turned around. We'll get there. GO CATS!

ASUMountaineer
September 16th, 2013, 01:07 PM
at least we've won a game in 2013. perhaps you will be able to handle elon.

xlolx Congrats on beating Western!

citdog
September 16th, 2013, 01:20 PM

NC A&T xlolx

Smitty
September 16th, 2013, 01:40 PM
NC A&T xlolx

http://www.automizeit.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/guinness-brilliant.jpeg

ASUMountaineer
September 16th, 2013, 02:19 PM
NC A&T xlolx

Yup.

I was 11 when Citadel last won a conference title. xlolx

citdog
September 16th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Yup.

I was 11 when Citadel last won a conference title. xlolx

I was 36 the last time App beat The Citadel. xlolx

52-28

CID1990
September 16th, 2013, 03:22 PM

You had better hope ASU does, too.

It'd be a damn shame for the Jug to go to Cullowhee forever. You guys'll have to pay em 500 large to come up to Boone so you can get it back.

Touchdown Citadel!

ElCid
September 16th, 2013, 03:33 PM

It'd be a damn shame for the Jug to go to Cullowhee forever. You guys'll have to pay em 500 large to come up to Boone so you can get it back.

Touchdown Citadel!

I will be seriously pulling for WCU in that game.xlolx

Engineer86
September 16th, 2013, 04:34 PM

Come on, don't forget citdog is proud of the teams he looses to as well. Congrats on losing to Chuck South! xlolx

citdog
September 16th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Come on, don't forget citdog is proud of the teams he looses to as well. Congrats on losing to Chuck South! xlolx

57, 115 dollars a year for a le high education and that's the best you got?

Engineer86
September 16th, 2013, 05:21 PM
57, 115 dollars a year for a le high education and that's the best you got?

Now you are finally funny. I will ultimately be paying a lot more than that. I would say my original 15K a year was worth it. Playing with a troll is just a hobby.

ASUMountaineer
September 17th, 2013, 07:13 AM

Touchdown Citadel!

Believe it or not, I do hope App beats Western. I also hope App beats: Elon, CSU, Citadel, Samford, Furman, GSU, Chatty, UGA, and WoCo. I know it's crazy, but I hope App wins every game that it plays. xthumbsupx

Luckily, we've never had this happen to one of our "warriors."

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_NA9uQSQYiSQ/SSYvDpCYkTI/AAAAAAAABAM/EMU-LyMV3uk/s400/VMI+Cheerleader.JPG

1992!

ASUMountaineer
September 17th, 2013, 07:14 AM

My bad!

ASUMountaineer
September 17th, 2013, 07:16 AM
I was 36 the last time App beat The Citadel. xlolx

52-28

Touchdown Citadel!

I will be seriously pulling for WCU in that game.xlolx

I see that Citadel's three fans have found the same thread. I don't know why all the hate, all I did was offer congratulations...y'all are some sensitive warriors. xawesomex

Engineer86
September 17th, 2013, 07:21 AM
Believe it or not, I do hope App beats Western. I also hope App beats: Elon, CSU, Citadel, Samford, Furman, GSU, Chatty, UGA, and WoCo. I know it's crazy, but I hope App wins every game that it plays. xthumbsupx

1992!

Go App St! I am not sure why but I recently have this huge urge to root for App St, ODU, Furman, Ga Southern, Chatty, Samford, Elon and VMI.

Here puppy, come boy.

ASUMountaineer
September 17th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Go App St! I am not sure why but I recently have this huge urge to root for App St, ODU, Furman, Ga Southern, Chatty, Samford, Elon and VMI.

Here puppy, come boy.

xpopcornx

ElCid
September 17th, 2013, 07:39 AM
I see that Citadel's three fans have found the same thread. I don't know why all the hate, all I did was offer congratulations...y'all are some sensitive warriors. xawesomex

No hate....I just think it woudl be ironic and fitting that they take the Jug this year considering your situation. xnodx I don't necessarily hate any team, except the day we play them. Well maybe Furman.xblehx And I am an underdog fan in general. Unfortunately, it is usually my Dogs that are the underdogs.

ASUMountaineer
September 17th, 2013, 08:30 AM
No hate....I just think it woudl be ironic and fitting that they take the Jug this year considering your situation. xnodx I don't necessarily hate any team, except the day we play them. Well maybe Furman.xblehx And I am an underdog fan in general. Unfortunately, it is usually my Dogs that are the underdogs.

That's cool. WCU may beat us this year, but I'm not sure why our "situation" should matter.

ElCid
September 17th, 2013, 09:34 AM
That's cool. WCU may beat us this year, but I'm not sure why our "situation" should matter.

You don't see the significance of a team, who you have dominated each year in recent memory, winning the last game of a rivalry before you move up? When is the last tiem they have won, 04? And before that '98? It's a movie script in the making:D

ASUMountaineer
September 17th, 2013, 09:48 AM
You don't see the significance of a team, who you have dominated each year in recent memory, winning the last game of a rivalry before you move up? When is the last tiem they have won, 04? And before that '98? It's a movie script in the making:D

Now that you've explained what you meant by "situation" it makes sense. With the big App connection at WCU, I really do wish them luck. I know several WCU grads, and it's tough being a fan for them, but they stick with their school. I commend them for that, and hope that their devotion will pay off with wins. With that said, it just feels right with the jug in Boone, and hopefully this year we cap off the longtime series with a win and hold onto the jug in perpetuity.

pike51
September 17th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Now that you've explained what you meant by "situation" it makes sense. With the big App connection at WCU, I really do wish them luck. I know several WCU grads, and it's tough being a fan for them, but they stick with their school. I commend them for that, and hope that their devotion will pay off with wins. With that said, it just feels right with the jug in Boone, and hopefully this year we cap off the longtime series with a win and hold onto the jug in perpetuity.

That's something I hadn't thought about. Wouldn't it be nuts if WCU wins the jug this year and gets to hold it? I bet it would be treated as if they won the national championship!

Smitty
September 17th, 2013, 11:28 AM
That's something I hadn't thought about. Wouldn't it be nuts if WCU wins the jug this year and gets to hold it? I bet it would be treated as if they won the national championship!

It would be the biggest thing to happen to our program since the App win in '04 and yes it would probably be compared to '83 considering how bad we have been lately.

citdog
September 17th, 2013, 11:38 AM

i know why you have that feeling.........you're not used to seeing a football schedule that is actually TOUGH. le high would win 0 of the games above and would be hard pressed to stay within 21 of vmi.

ASUMountaineer
September 17th, 2013, 12:32 PM
i know why you have that feeling.........you're not used to seeing a football schedule that is actually TOUGH. le high would win 0 of the games above and would be hard pressed to stay within 21 of vmi.

xlolx