PDA

View Full Version : Howard @ Old Dominion... Keep an eye out for The Bison

R.A.
September 9th, 2013, 10:07 PM
The Howard Bison almost knocked off FBS Eastern Michigan in game one of the season before losing 34-24, and followed up the game game one with a game two defeat of DII Morehouse 27-16.

The Monarchs are 0-2, having lost two FBS games versus East Carolina and Maryland.

I think this is a very interesting contest folks, and one that my Howard Bison can win.

BlueHenSinfonian
September 9th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Eastern Michigan may be tougher than ODU, but losses to Maryland and ECU are both solid programs, and both 2-0. Best of luck to y'all, but unless ODU dropped off in a huge way since last year, I don't see it.

R.A.
September 9th, 2013, 10:24 PM
Why does ODU have to drop off in order for us to defeat them?

MSUBobcat
September 10th, 2013, 12:47 AM
Why does ODU have to drop off in order for us to defeat them?

Uhh, well for one, ODU was a playoff team from the CAA last year, losing to GSU in the quarterfinals, and Howard finished 3-8 out of the MEAC. And then there's that one guy...what's his name.... won the Walter Payton award, name sounds like a Dutch beer... anyone???

BlueHenSinfonian
September 10th, 2013, 01:47 AM

Uhh, well for one, ODU was a playoff team from the CAA last year, losing to GSU in the quarterfinals, and Howard finished 3-8 out of the MEAC. And then there's that one guy...what's his name.... won the Walter Payton award, name sounds like a Dutch beer... anyone???

Heinicke. I always preferred to think it sounded like hiney (as in bottom). If they're anything like last year their defense won't be a strong suit, but unless you can stop them they'll rack up so many points on O that it won't matter.

eaglewraith
September 10th, 2013, 07:15 AM
We've played both teams recently, I don't think Howard has the horsepower to stay in this game as long as ODU's offense is clicking.

URMite
September 10th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Eastern Michigan may be tougher than ODU, but losses to Maryland and ECU are both solid programs, and both 2-0. Best of luck to y'all, but unless ODU dropped off in a huge way since last year, I don't see it.

Out of curiosity, how improved is Maryland over the team from last year that beat 2-9 W&M 7-6?

CHIP72
September 14th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Out of curiosity, how improved is Maryland over the team from last year that beat 2-9 W&M 7-6?

Well, I don't think they have all their quarterbacks injured yet.

URMite
September 14th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Well, I don't think they have all their quarterbacks injured yet.

That is the second time someone said that. Was W&M the first game? We're they already injured? I don't remember.

superman7515
September 14th, 2013, 07:14 PM
So.... uh...

DSUrocks07
September 14th, 2013, 07:28 PM
http://www.lifeinthefastlane.ca/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/disgust_factor_face_2.jpg

GoBlueHens83
September 14th, 2013, 07:31 PM
It was a close game right up to the opening kickoff.....

R.A.
September 14th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Yeah yeah yeah...

93henfan
September 14th, 2013, 08:22 PM
I kept an eye out. Did they show up yet?

DFW HOYA
September 14th, 2013, 08:37 PM
And to think Howard passed on a game with Georgetown for this can-opener.

R.A.
September 14th, 2013, 08:52 PM
And to think Howard passed on a game with Georgetown for this can-opener.

I'm a full advocate for the continuation of the Georgetown vs. Howard series... most Bison that actually care about our football program(the very few of us), don't want to play Georgetown and develop out football rivalry.

I personally don't get it.

DFW HOYA
September 14th, 2013, 10:16 PM
I'm a full advocate for the continuation of the Georgetown vs. Howard series... most Bison that actually care about our football program(the very few of us), don't want to play Georgetown and develop out football rivalry.
I personally don't get it.

It makes too much sense, but there's no guarantee money involved and that what drives HU to games with non-HBCU opponents.