PDA

View Full Version : Another FCS over FBS thread - Georgia State asterisk edition

NoDak 4 Ever
September 9th, 2013, 11:12 AM
I heard somewhere that this year has been a record for FCS over FBS wins with 11. Does Georgia State's suckeration put an asterisk on this? I mean, they could likely lose every game this season making that record almost double the previous number.

knucklehead
September 9th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Yea, I don't think I will weight any wins vs GaSt as FBS wins any time soon. I'm not even sure how they can be with like 5K fans at a game. And the play..... They are so bad, I think even the NCAA would be OK with them cheating.

URMite
September 9th, 2013, 11:16 AM
What I would like to see is a complete list of teams that are FBS this season that weren't FBS 3 seasons ago. Everyone mentions Georgia State, some mention UMass, but I have heard very little about South Alabama.

BisonFan02
September 9th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Good question. Anyone have a list of the previous record's 10 wins handy?

Lehigh Football Nation
September 9th, 2013, 11:18 AM
11 wins
-2 Georgia State
-1 UMass
-1 South Alabama
---

7 wins. This includes wins over Western Michigan and USF, two Gaddawful teams. You might even throw SDSU and UConn in the Gaddawful category as well, though maybe too early to tell.

Mr. C
September 9th, 2013, 11:19 AM
But officially, they are FCS wins, because Georgia State is an FBS team in the way NCAA alligns things. We don't count wins over teams like Eastern Michigan, or Idaho (to throw out just two examples) any less because they have lost so many times to FCS teams. With all of the near misses in the first two weeks, we could have had the record even without considering Georgia State.

chattownmocs
September 9th, 2013, 11:19 AM
I would definitely put an asterisk by NDSU's record against the FBS. Continually scheduling some of the worst FBS competition year in and year and out and barely beating them is an embarrassment to the FCS if NDSU is the best we have to offer.

BisonFan02
September 9th, 2013, 11:20 AM
I would definitely put an asterisk by NDSU's record against the FBS. Continually scheduling some of the worst FBS competition year in and year and out and barely beating them is an embarrassment to the FCS if NDSU is the best we have to offer.

xlolx

Mr. C
September 9th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Good question. Anyone have a list of the previous record's 10 wins handy?
The site FootballGeography.com has a lot of stuff on FCS vs FBS games. You can find it there. Don't have the ability to very easily cut and paste it right now, or I would do it for you. Maybe someone else can.

Mr. C
September 9th, 2013, 11:21 AM
You are in need of professional help.

Professor Chaos
September 9th, 2013, 11:23 AM
http://images.fastcompany.com/upload/WillyWonka.jpg

What an elite football mind (copyright PA)

BisonFan02
September 9th, 2013, 11:24 AM
You are in need of professional help.

Gotta hand it to him...if he is looking to stir the pot, he is picking an appropriate target. No way he actually believes what he is posting.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 9th, 2013, 11:24 AM

Hey stupid, I'm asking a bigger question. I'm not being petty about your sole win against GSU. I'm thinking about the number of transition teams that just aren't any good and how that record might grow exponentially because of it.

Go troll your own thread.

MSUBobcat
September 9th, 2013, 11:25 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDoIM1dRzGo

chattownmocs
September 9th, 2013, 11:32 AM
NDSU's FBS opponents are 11-28 in those years. Kansas, Minnesota, Colorado State, Kansas State? These are awful programs that don't sign any top recruits, EVER. Who's next Colorado? New Mexico State? Play Somebody, How about Boise State? Nebraska? Oregon, hell Utah? Play somebody you chumps.

chattownmocs
September 9th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Hey stupid, I'm asking a bigger question. I'm not being petty about your sole win against GSU. I'm thinking about the number of transition teams that just aren't any good and how that record might grow exponentially because of it.

Go troll your own thread.

I'm talking about teams that aren't in transition and don't have any excuse to suck. Like the scrubs that you guys clearly hand pick.

knucklehead
September 9th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Well at least he owns his posts. haha

URMite
September 9th, 2013, 11:38 AM
NDSU's FBS opponents are 11-28 in those years. Kansas, Minnesota, Colorado State, Kansas State? These are awful programs that don't sign any top recruits, EVER. Who's next Colorado? New Mexico State? Play Somebody, How about Boise State? Nebraska? Oregon, hell Utah? Play somebody you chumps.

Really??? last season??? xchinscratchx

NoDak 4 Ever
September 9th, 2013, 11:39 AM
11 wins
-2 Georgia State
-1 UMass
-1 South Alabama
---

7 wins. This includes wins over Western Michigan and USF, two Gaddawful teams. You might even throw SDSU and UConn in the Gaddawful category as well, though maybe too early to tell.

This is a better rephrasing of my question. Hopefully this thread gets back on track.

Apphole
September 9th, 2013, 11:41 AM
I'm talking about teams that aren't in transition and don't have any excuse to suck. Like the scrubs that you guys clearly hand pick.

Should they have chosen a powerhouse like UT-Martin?

NoDak 4 Ever
September 9th, 2013, 11:42 AM

Kansas and Minnesota were coming off bowl games when those contracts were signed. K State was a NC contender last year.

Just stop it.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/32/youarereallydumb.gif

chattownmocs
September 9th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Really??? last season??? xchinscratchx

They hit a homerun with Colin Klein, a guy who had one FBS offer, and had a good year. They don't beat anybody out for recruits, there talent level is very poor. They aren't a legit program, NDSU happens to get them the game after they lose their program player and a ton of other guys.

chattownmocs
September 9th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Should they have chosen a powerhouse like UT-Martin?

No, Im thinking MEAC.

chattownmocs
September 9th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Kansas and Minnesota were coming off bowl games when those contracts were signed. K State was a NC contender last year.

Just stop it.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/32/youarereallydumb.gif

Kansas and Minnesota are 2 of the biggest laughing stocks in all of BCS football. They might be 2 of the biggest 3 along with Colorado. They have no talent and no access to any talent. If they ever have a good year it is because everything fell into place. They have no staying power whatsoever. They were awful when you played them, y'all knew they were going to be awful, which is why you scheduled them under the fraud of "they played in a bowl game"

Bisonator
September 9th, 2013, 11:52 AM
http://images.tribe.net/tribe/upload/photo/8e2/8d1/8e28d158-7daa-446b-b738-67d29898dc06

NoDak 4 Ever
September 9th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Kansas and Minnesota are 2 of the biggest laughing stocks in all of BCS football. They might be 2 of the biggest 3 along with Colorado. They have no talent and no access to any talent. If they ever have a good year it is because everything fell into place. They have no staying power whatsoever. They were awful when you played them, y'all knew they were going to be awful, which is why you scheduled them under the fraud of "they played in a bowl game"

OK. I get it. Your team is really disappointing so you have to take shots at successful programs. I just wanted to have a good discussion here so kindly **** off.

chattownmocs
September 9th, 2013, 11:58 AM
And these rejects will actually defend these god-awful FBS programs as great wins. Play someone with some talent, hell, play someone with some speed. You picked the whitest, slowest, most talentless football programs to challenge. Great job guys!!

chattownmocs
September 9th, 2013, 12:00 PM
OK. I get it. Your team is really disappointing so you have to take shots at successful programs. I just wanted to have a good discussion here so kindly **** off.

Seems like you wanted to call out transition programs for stinking, while pretending that any of the programs you guys have played are good.

BisonFan02
September 9th, 2013, 12:01 PM
And these rejects will actually defend these god-awful FBS programs as great wins. Play someone with some talent, hell, play someone with some speed. You picked the whitest, slowest, most talentless football programs to challenge. Great job guys!!

xlolx speed...racist stereotypes...rejects....I need him to post something about Chatty having the best D for Chattown Bingo

2caafans
September 9th, 2013, 12:03 PM
You gotta love the trolls! They keep the boards interesting. Regular posters take themselves and teams .....way too serious!! Don't HATE ON the TROLLS!

chattownmocs
September 9th, 2013, 12:07 PM
xlolx speed...racist stereotypes...rejects....I need him to post something about Chatty having the best D for Chattown Bingo

Racist stereotypes. The population is 15 percent black while college football is over 50 percent black and major college football is 70 percent black and the skill positions are 90 percent black. That isn't a stereotype you reject.

BisonFan02
September 9th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Racist stereotypes. The population is 15 percent black while college football is over 50 percent black and major college football is 70 percent black and the skill positions are 90 percent black. That isn't a stereotype you reject.

Whoever had "unfounded, pulled out of *** statistics"...you might have just Bingo'd.

Professor Chaos
September 9th, 2013, 12:12 PM
So instead they should've played someone like South Florida? Like Chatty did in 2012. A team that lost 7 of their last 8 in 2011 and would go on to go 2-9 in games not against Chatty in 2012. If NDSU did that they sure as hell wouldn't get dominated to the tune of 34-13 and gotten doubled up on total yardage like Chatty did.

Tribal
September 9th, 2013, 12:16 PM
You guys keep feeding the troll.

Yes, include beating GA State...ALWAYS include beating that pathetic excuse for college football.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 9th, 2013, 12:52 PM
This is a legitimate discussion. I'm talking about the record. Will this be an outlier because of certain mitigating factors?

UNDBIZ
September 9th, 2013, 12:52 PM

http://www.parentfurther.com/sites/default/files/ecard_images/Great-work.jpg?1251822120

Bisonator
September 9th, 2013, 01:12 PM
This is a legitimate discussion. I'm talking about the record. Will this be an outlier because of certain mitigating factors?

IMO, no. FBS has some very bad teams every year just as FCS does. It is what it is. Call it scheduling quirks or whatever you want. Just win baby!

Southern Bison
September 9th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Whoever had "unfounded, pulled out of *** statistics"...you might have just Bingo'd.

I got a Yahtzee, Gin, and Triple Word score all from one Chattownmocs post!!

bojeta
September 9th, 2013, 01:35 PM
I think we're making too much of the "gaddawful" FBS teams being part of the 11 game total. Every year, some of the FCS over FBS wins are against such teams. The reality is that these FBS programs still enjoy an extra 20 scholarships, better facilities, a larger coaching staff, and much more money poured into their programs in general. Wins against them are ALWAYS good for FCS teams. Also, referring to last year's performance of an FBS team as an indicator of the validity of an FCS over FBS win, is problamatic. We all know that San Jose State was a bottom 10 FBS school in 2011, and then finished in the Top 25 in 2012. This year, Wyoming seems to have made a dramatic turn-around. Bottom line is..... FCS over FBS is GOOD!

URMite
September 9th, 2013, 03:05 PM
I'd still like to see who has started in FBS since September 2011 when the moratorium ended. It seems like a lot more than before it started (say 2006?), and some seem to be premature, just in case it returns.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 9th, 2013, 09:25 PM
I'd still like to see who has started in FBS since September 2011 when the moratorium ended. It seems like a lot more than before it started (say 2006?), and some seem to be premature, just in case it returns.

There does seem to be a lot of fluidity in this situation. We will likely see a total realignment before another moratorium. Still don't want any part of FBS for my team.