PDA

View Full Version : FBS Wannabes

2caafans
September 8th, 2013, 06:28 PM
How is this FBS thing feeling for ODU, Appalachian, UMass and (yes let's include JMU)?? All had embarrassing losses this past weekend.....to MD......Akron......UNC A & T and to Maine. A few more of these outcomes and some AD's and fans may come to their better senses about switching leagues. Not always greener on the other side of the fence after-all!!

Apphole
September 8th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Still feels great.

At least from an App State perspective, growing pains from a new HC, DC and defensive scheme coupled with the youngest team of all time does not a glimpse into the future make. We'll be fine and we will be a hell of a lot better off in every way than if we stayed in the SoCon.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 8th, 2013, 06:38 PM
How is this FBS thing feeling for ODU, Appalachian, UMass and (yes let's include JMU)?? All had embarrassing losses this past weekend.....to MD......Akron......UNC A & T and to Maine. A few more of these outcomes and some AD's and fans may come to their better senses about switching leagues. Not always greener on the other side of the fence after-all!!
What's done is done and none of these teams will be changing their minds so let's drop that line of thinking right now. 1/2 the teams lose every week and more than that do when playing up anyway from FCS. The only two bad losses were App and Umass. Being an FCS fan I don't even think either of those losses were too bad since both Maine and A&T look to be fairly good right now.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 8th, 2013, 06:39 PM
Still feels great.

At least from an App State perspective, growing pains from a new HC, DC and defensive scheme coupled with the youngest team of all time does not a glimpse into the future make. We'll be fine and we will be a hell of a lot better off in every way than if we stayed in the SoCon.

Sure ya will.

danefan
September 8th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Still feels great.

How much better than moving to the CAA though?

FCSfan
September 8th, 2013, 08:59 PM
Still feels great.

not sure you're qualified to give an entire app state perspective....been on the appfan.com lately??

Apphole
September 8th, 2013, 09:03 PM
been on the appfan.com lately??

No

skinny_uncle
September 8th, 2013, 09:29 PM
One has to wonder why App fans keep hanging around an FCS website. Move on.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 8th, 2013, 09:41 PM
They are playing in the SoCon/FCS this year. This is where those games are discussed. They are where those discussions will be had. In short, they are in the correct place for the subject matter.

Apphole
September 8th, 2013, 09:46 PM

I'm here to support my NCCU Eagles.

cmaxwellgsu
September 9th, 2013, 12:32 AM

Has no bearing on those. Everyone you mentioned is recruiting at a higher level, but those kids are either redshirting or are very green. As for UMass, their stadium situation is brutal for keeping a fan base and recruiting. There lies the toughest situation you mentioned. App has the exact same problems we had in 2005, but they handled the new hire way better than we did. They stayed within their successful coaching tree whereas we decided to make a splash hire and scrap what worked for years. App is going to be fine in the long run. ODU and JMU have some major positives, so bumps in the road aren't going to be too big.

Squealofthepig
September 9th, 2013, 01:02 AM
They are playing in the SoCon/FCS this year. This is where those games are discussed. They are where those discussions will be had. In short, they are in the correct place for the subject matter.

Also, even with the move, there are a ton of ASU fans who are also big FCS fans. I imagine there's quite a few NDSU fans here who still follow DII a fair amount, too - even if you move out of the neighborhood, it's still fun to watch what all is going on.

pike51
September 9th, 2013, 06:42 AM

http://cdn.meme.li/i/h1rnn.jpg

Sly Fox
September 9th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Yeah, this doesn't change our minds about wanting to go up in the slightest.

Waco Kid
September 9th, 2013, 11:12 AM

Talk to us in about 3 years when we have finished the transition. Until then, you do you and let us do us.

IBleedYellow
September 9th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Also, even with the move, there are a ton of ASU fans who are also big FCS fans. I imagine there's quite a few NDSU fans here who still follow DII a fair amount, too - even if you move out of the neighborhood, it's still fun to watch what all is going on.

I don't know of any. I feel like collectively the only thing we remember about D2 days is UN_ and championships.

Moto X

2caafans
September 9th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Talk to us in about 3 years when we have finished the transition. Until then, you do you and let us do us.

Three more years of transition and losses and you may not have any fans in the stadium. Check the corollary of fan attendance to wins/losses at non-BCS schools!

marenlee
September 9th, 2013, 12:14 PM
I have nothing against the teams that moved up. I'm sad that they left such a great subdivision but also excited to see what GSU can stir up in the FBS ranks. I may have to attend some Eagle games now that I'm a few hours away.

Bisonator
September 9th, 2013, 12:17 PM

xlolx

ASUMountaineer
September 9th, 2013, 02:00 PM

xlolx

ASUMountaineer
September 9th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Three more years of transition and losses and you may not have any fans in the stadium. Check the corollary of fan attendance to wins/losses at non-BCS schools!

xlolx

dudeitsaid
September 9th, 2013, 10:32 PM

Could be...it depends on if the pull an Idaho...or a Boise State. Personally, I would far rather be relevant in the FCS than be a dismal embarrassment in the FBS. But just because we can see examples of what football fans would call failures doesn't mean that App or GSU will fall into those footsteps, even with their growing pains, whatever they may be. I, like others, hate to see them leave because they brought outstanding quality and heritage to the FCS. But it's too soon to say that their collective fan base should be regretting it.

GoAgs72
September 9th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Winston-Salem dropped from FCS where they were a doormat to D2 where they're in the playoffs every year. Smart decision. I'm sure the fans, alumni and students are not crying about it.

Nugget49er
September 9th, 2013, 10:52 PM
I'm here to support my NCCU Eagles.
You picked a bad week to decide you are an Eagle. xnodx

R.A.
September 9th, 2013, 11:11 PM
Winston-Salem dropped from FCS where they were a doormat to D2 where they're in the playoffs every year. Smart decision. I'm sure the fans, alumni and students are not crying about it.

WSSU went to the Division II Title game last season.

Apphole
September 9th, 2013, 11:13 PM
I've been an eagle for about 4 weeks now.

GSUsTALON
September 10th, 2013, 04:56 AM

This is the best all inclusive FCS site on the web. GaSo has been in 1AA/FCS for thirty years, we were successful at this level and I will always have fond memories.
I plan on keeping up with FCS using this board even when GSU moves to FBS. Very interested in seeing if NDSU can make it a 3 peat this year.

dudeitsaid
September 10th, 2013, 11:01 PM
Since the flavor of this thread is concerning the success of FCS moving up to FBS, does anyone have a compilation of the success teams have made that transition have had? I've searched the internet to find even a list of the teams that have moved up, as most of us would recognize the names of teams of past FCS teams that have had success at the FBS level, like Boise and Nevada. Most of you guys on here are a heck of a lot more knowledgeable about overall FCS history than I am, and are aware of the resources. I don't want anyone to jump through any hoops, just wondering if someone knows where to look. Heck, I know the FCS vs FBS conversation has happened before, and maybe this questions been answered in the past. Anyone know?

Grizzlies82
September 10th, 2013, 11:33 PM
No idea where you'd find the stats. Yet off hand Boise State is the only former FCS to attain consistent success, and even they struggled initially.

Otherwise Nevada & Marshall seem to be the next best with some winning seasons. None of the other teams who moved up have had more than the rare winning season. I suspect Appalachian State & Georgia Southern will eventually make a mark in their new conference. However, for every Marshall/Nevada there are ten Idaho Vandals, and to date only one Boise.

Twentysix
September 10th, 2013, 11:42 PM
No idea where you'd find the stats. Yet off hand Boise State is the only former FCS to attain consistent success, and even they struggled initially.

Otherwise Nevada & Marshall seem to be the next best with some winning seasons. None of the other teams who moved up have had more than the rare winning season. I suspect Appalachian State & Georgia Southern will eventually make a mark in their new conference. However, for every Marshall/Nevada there are ten Idaho Vandals, and to date only one Boise.

Being geographically isolated from other FBS/BCS teams seems to help some. I have to secretly hope that Nebraska and Minnesota being 200+ miles away and being the closest FBS teams would help. We kind of have our own recruiting footprint if we ever go FBS.

dudeitsaid
September 10th, 2013, 11:57 PM
Being geographically isolated from other FBS/BCS teams seems to help some. I have to secretly hope that Nebraska and Minnesota being 200+ miles away and being the closest FBS teams would help. We kind of have our own recruiting footprint if we ever go FBS.

For similar reasons, I cold see both Montana schools doing OK FBS, as well as NDSU, but who knows. Several of the FCS teams that moved up had a good level of success while they were here, and have done very little in the FBS. If they are not SEC, and a few other universities from strong conferences, it seems more likely the teams will fall into FBS oblivion with the best highlights being some bowl nobody will watch or remember. Hopefully the fates of App and GSU will be much better than that. I wish them no ill will at all.

bkrownd
September 11th, 2013, 03:08 AM

Mmmmm.... Troy (State) has done well. I seem to remember hearing something or another about Connecticut. Central Florida has had some good seasons.

...still trying to get to ten Idahos....

mvemjsunpx
September 11th, 2013, 05:34 AM
Mmmmm.... Troy (State) has done well. I seem to remember hearing something or another about Connecticut. Central Florida has had some good seasons.

UCF used I-AA as a stepping stone. They were only in the division for 6 years, not to mention their school is friggin' huge (60,000+ students!).

Using 10 Idahoes was probably not the best comparison, but a school has to do a lot better than Idaho to really be successful in FBS.

kalm
September 11th, 2013, 06:27 AM
UCF used I-AA as a stepping stone. They were only in the division for 6 years, not to mention their school is friggin' huge (60,000+ students!).

Using 10 Idahoes was probably not the best comparison, but a school has to do a lot better than Idaho to really be successful in FBS.

This.

Turning to Troy as an example of move up success is kinda sad. 10 Idahoes might be hyperbole, but Troy, WKU, Marshall, Nevada, UCONN, Louisiana Tech, Louisiana Monroe...more recently Texas State and UMASS, and now GSU (2), ODU, and ASU. Feel free to fill in more.

Some have had tremendous success (Boise), and even Idaho started out with a few bowl appearances and had one not that long ago. But it's awfully tough to garner national attention like Boise, UCONN, and UCF have...or to sustain it.

Not hating, wish the move-ups all the best, understand putting the best foot forward, and will be rooting for them. I just like this subdivision and the playoffs a whole helluva lot better than mediocrity, crappy bowl games, and at best the occasional meteoric sniff at greatness.

andy7171
September 11th, 2013, 08:38 AM
How is ODU losing to UMD embarrassing? Maryland looks pretty good this year. And I hate the Twerps!

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 11th, 2013, 09:52 AM
JMU was in position to win and just didn't get it done. Racking up almost 500 yards on a FBS team isn't an embarrassment even if it was Akron. The Zips still have more schollies and have a deeper roster than any FCS team. Sure I wanted us to win that game, but I have no doubt if and when (two questions with no clear answers) JMU transitions to FBS, that the team will be stronger and an a better position for recruits. FWIW, we beat the 3-point spread favoring Akron.

JMU has some work to do in the defensive secondary still, but the fact that we dominated the trenches even according to Akron fans, tells us that our team is where we want it to be/expected it to be. This team will improve throughout the season. A few less penalties/turnovers, and that one would have been an easy W for JMU.

Still, a loss to Akron is a loss to Akron no matter how it is sugarcoated.

URMite
September 11th, 2013, 10:26 AM
How is ODU losing to UMD embarrassing? Maryland looks pretty good this year. And I hate the Twerps!

As I asked on another thread, Out of curiosity, how improved is Maryland over the team from last year that beat 2-9 W&M 7-6?

bjtheflamesfan
September 11th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Well for starters they arent on their fifth QB like they were at one point last year

JMUNJ08
September 11th, 2013, 12:07 PM

Doesn't being isolated geographically also lead to reasonably less talent in the region? I would rather have 20 square miles in Florida than all of North Dakota... For FCS, you guys are a gold mine, but I doubt that translates to truly top talent that could compete long term with the FBS heavy weights...

Grizzlies82
September 11th, 2013, 12:09 PM

Yes even Idaho had a couple of successful seasons and a bowl appearance or two. Though keep in mind we're approaching twenty years in (since 1995). Troy State is another good example of the hazards. It was a perennial playoff team in FCS. Since jumping they've had what two or three bowl games and more losing seasons than winning ones. Connecticut might be added to the Marshall/Nevada mix. They've been perhaps 50/50 with success.

Moving up has it benefits. I'm sure W. KY was thrilled to beat Kentucky. Yet they are a former champion who has consistently languished since they jumped up. I don't think this win made them a contender again. When considering the move we all dream of enjoying Boise State's success. Yet the reality is very few teams even attain a winning record. I say jump if you're ready financially and have a good conference to land in. Though do it with your eyes open. The fact is most former FCS teams have barely gotten to the middle of the FBS pack. I'm not saying don't do it. I'm just pointing out the fallacy of "the grass is always greener" theory.

JMUNJ08
September 11th, 2013, 12:12 PM
JMU was in position to win and just didn't get it done. Racking up almost 500 yards on a FBS team isn't an embarrassment even if it was Akron. The Zips still have more schollies and have a deeper roster than any FCS team. Sure I wanted us to win that game, but I have no doubt if and when (two questions with no clear answers) JMU transitions to FBS, that the team will be stronger and an a better position for recruits. FWIW, we beat the 3-point spread favoring Akron.

JMU has some work to do in the defensive secondary still, but the fact that we dominated the trenches even according to Akron fans, tells us that our team is where we want it to be/expected it to be. This team will improve throughout the season. A few less penalties/turnovers, and that one would have been an easy W for JMU.

Still, a loss to Akron is a loss to Akron no matter how it is sugarcoated.

With gaining two additional yards for a first down on what turned out to be the final play, we would have been able to spike the ball and try for a 40+ yard field goal. While not a certainty, that was how close we were to winning that game.

Tough loss and one I felt we could win but their depth showed by having 2 QBs playing at a very similar level. Both seemed to have been through significant knee injuries and when one was finally sidelined, the other stepped in seamlessly. If Birdsong couldn't come back from his big hit? JMU really doesn't have a good alternative. With 20 extra schollies? I think thats different.

Twentysix
September 11th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Doesn't being isolated geographically also lead to reasonably less talent in the region? I would rather have 20 square miles in Florida than all of North Dakota... For FCS, you guys are a gold mine, but I doubt that translates to truly top talent that could compete long term with the FBS heavy weights...

The thing is we don't just have ND, we have ND/SD/Sask/Manitoba/Minnesota/Nebraska/Wisconsin. The bolded have like 3-4 other schools that recruit some of the hs players.

There are not many football teams around here and out of region teams don't recruit here. No one solely has 20 square miles in Florida, everyone everywhere recruits Florida, or just about anyway. Pick 20 square miles in flordia and you can probably come up with 40+ fbs schools that recruit the region.

I really wish we would start to tap Winnipeg.. They play hs football and its a city of 700,000 only 200 miles (which is close by great plains standards) from Fargo with no NCAA affiliation. Some of our other teams tap Canadian players, typically Manitobans.

dbackjon
September 11th, 2013, 02:32 PM
The thing is we don't just have ND, we have ND/SD/Sask/Manitoba/Minnesota/Nebraska/Wisconsin. The bolded have like 3-4 other schools that recruit some of the hs players.

There are not many football teams around here and out of region teams don't recruit here. No one solely has 20 square miles in Florida, everyone everywhere recruits Florida, or just about anyway. Pick 20 square miles in flordia and you can probably come up with 40+ fbs schools that recruit the region.

I really wish we would start to tap Winnipeg.. They play hs football and its a city of 700,000 only 200 miles from Fargo with no NCAA affiliation.

The isolation up north is one of your advantages. Take two kids with equal talent/football skills. One is the only DI prospect at Jamestown, ND HS. The other is one of 10 DI prospects at a High School in Miami. The Jamestown kid is not going to get many visits/offers - not worth it to recruit one kid in the middle of nowhere (relatively). But 60 different DI programs are going to visit the Miami HS

When I went to NAU in the 80's, we played a game against the Univ of Manitoba - first half American rules, second half Canadian rules

Twentysix
September 11th, 2013, 02:39 PM
The isolation up north is one of your advantages. Take two kids with equal talent/football skills. One is the only DI prospect at Jamestown, ND HS. The other is one of 10 DI prospects at a High School in Miami. The Jamestown kid is not going to get many visits/offers - not worth it to recruit one kid in the middle of nowhere (relatively). But 60 different DI programs are going to visit the Miami HS

When I went to NAU in the 80's, we played a game against the Univ of Manitoba - first half American rules, second half Canadian rules

I am not sure on time tables, but I believe NDSU has played the Winnipeg schools with similar rules. It was decades upon decades ago though.

Tribal
September 11th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Those teams were invited by and took the decision to join FBS conferences. I wish them luck (except GA State & ODU :) ). Us FCS'ers need to focus on our programs, conferences and the FCS in general.

bkrownd
September 11th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Turning to Troy as an example of move up success is kinda sad.

Troy (State) is a good program and are usually competetive on the field. That IS success, by any reasonable measure, so there's nothing "sad" about it.

bkrownd
September 11th, 2013, 04:17 PM
The fact is most former FCS teams have barely gotten to the middle of the FBS pack.

"Middle of the FBS pack" is exactly what they're aiming for.

dgtw
September 11th, 2013, 04:41 PM

Did they make the field bigger at halftime?

dbackjon
September 11th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Troy (State) is a good program and are usually competetive on the field. That IS success, by any reasonable measure, so there's nothing "sad" about it.

Competitive against who?

Since moving up in 2002, Troy is:
Against BCS conferences: 2-30 (wins in 2004 and 2007), with avg margin of defeat around 20.
Against other non-conference FBS: 10-11, with 4 wins over UAB
Against FCS 6-0
All other wins have been in conference, all which used to be FCS as well, except for UL-L

NDSU has more BCS-level wins in the past few years as an FCS team than Troy has in 12 years of being FBS. So really what is the point of moving up? The ability to get beat up MORE by BCS level teams? Ability to go to Mobile every few years for a bowl game?

If Troy is a good example of a competitive team, then your standards are really, really low.

dbackjon
September 11th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Did they make the field bigger at halftime?

No - that was only thing un-Canadian about the second half

Grizzlies82
September 11th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Competitive against who?

Against BCS conferences: 2-30 (wins in 2004 and 2007), with avg margin of defeat around 20.
Against FCS 6-0
All other wins have been in conference, all which used to be FCS as well, except for UL-L

NDSU has more BCS-level wins in the past few years as an FCS team than Troy has in 12 years of being FBS. So really what is the point of moving up? The ability to get beat up MORE by BCS level teams? Ability to go to Mobile every few years for a bowl game?

If Troy is a good example of a competitive team, then your standards are really, really low.

I fully agree. Troy's had some success, but they were far more successful prior to their jump.
Also, I can't believe anyone's goal is to "be in the middle of the pack" regardless of the level they play at.

Cocky
September 11th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Troy is only successful in the perception battle. Troy's football team is not very good most years and will get worse. With South AL adding football, GaSo and GSU going FBS and JSU and AL State facility improvements, Troy is losing many recruiting battle. If anyone thinks GaSo is isolated they have never been to Troy.

bkrownd
September 11th, 2013, 07:29 PM
I fully agree. Troy's had some success, but they were far more successful prior to their jump.
Also, I can't believe anyone's goal is to "be in the middle of the pack" regardless of the level they play at.

Troy is in I-A (oh sorry, "FBS") playing competitive football with FBS teams weekly. They stepped up, and have been very respectable in doing so. The idea that they were "far more successful" in I-AA because they played a schedule padded with the likes of Small Fry College and Gumbo State A&M and went to a nearly invisible playoff is just silly. Apples and oranges. You guys crow about being able to beat an FBS also-ran once in a blue moon, and on the other hand dump on programs which do it regularly.

kalm
September 11th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Troy is in I-A (oh sorry, "FBS") playing competitive football with FBS teams weekly. They stepped up, and have been very respectable in doing so. The idea that they were "far more successful" in I-AA because they played a schedule padded with the likes of Small Fry College and Gumbo State A&M and went to a nearly invisible playoff is just silly. Apples and oranges. You guys crow about being able to beat an FBS also-ran once in a blue moon, and on the other hand dump on programs which do it regularly.

Please see Dbacks post regarding how I wouldn't trade Troy and EWU for the world!

bkrownd
September 11th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Please see Dbacks post regarding how I wouldn't trade Troy and EWU for the world!

Nobody asked you to.

kalm
September 11th, 2013, 09:16 PM
Nobody asked you to.

You did. You just haven't come to grips with that yet.

citdog
September 11th, 2013, 09:30 PM

Umass, the flagship university for a State full of the VILEST yankee scum in the entire northeast, couldn't have won the PATRIOT LEAGUE since becoming fbs in name only.

dbackjon
September 11th, 2013, 10:05 PM

And I PROVED that Troy is not playing competitive football with anyone OTHER than former FCS schools. They haven't stepped up and played with the big boys - they play them, but get slaughtered.

Face reality

Sader87
September 11th, 2013, 11:26 PM
Umass, the flagship university for a State full of the VILEST yankee scum in the entire northeast, couldn't have won the PATRIOT LEAGUE since becoming fbs in name only.

Ladies and gentlemen, please remain in your seats for your halftime entertainment as we give you the stylings of the Citadel's "Dueling Banjos":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yt9R0I3gSk

citdog
September 11th, 2013, 11:39 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, please remain in your seats as we give you the stylings of the Citadel's "Dueling Banjos":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yt9R0I3gSk

Following the RIVETING Banjo performance we will hear comic stylings of the NOT QUITE IVY LEAGUE PLAYERS.

Sader87
September 11th, 2013, 11:47 PM
Following the RIVETING Banjo performance we will hear comic stylings of the NOT QUITE IVY LEAGUE PLAYERS.

Following the comedic performance of the "Not Quite Ivy League Players" the "Not Quite West Point/Annapolis/Colorado Springs Service Academy" will reenact how the Confederate States of America surrended during the American Civil War.

citdog
September 12th, 2013, 12:01 AM
Following the comedic performance of the "Not Quite Ivy League Players" the "Not Quite West Point/Annapolis/Colorado Springs Service Academy" will reenact how the Confederate States of America surrended during the American Civil War.

The "Our Mission Is Completely Different Than Those Fine Schools" Mime Troupe will bring down the house in the Grand Finale and will reveal to ALL........ EXACTLY where Sader87's head spends the majority of its time.

Sader87
September 12th, 2013, 12:07 AM
Hey, we coulda/shoulda/woulda been in the Big East......I blame the Great Santini.

bkrownd
September 12th, 2013, 12:46 AM
And I PROVED that Troy is not playing competitive football with anyone OTHER than former FCS schools. They haven't stepped up and played with the big boys - they play them, but get slaughtered.

"Slaughtered"...you must be thinking about some of Northern Arizona's recent visits to Arizona and Arizona State...

ASUMountaineer
September 12th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Competitive against who?

Against FCS 6-0

Because we want to. You worry about NAU, and we'll worry about App State. Deal?

ASUMountaineer
September 12th, 2013, 07:26 AM
The "Our Mission Is Completely Different Than Those Fine Schools" Mime Troupe will bring down the house in the Grand Finale and will reveal to ALL........ EXACTLY where Sader87's head spends the majority of its time.

What's that mission? To be faux soldiers?

http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2010/11/19/bush-and-mission-accomplished-0ee0197c9068642f65bd7fcbbc6c2b8fdf75e8ed-s6-c30.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_NA9uQSQYiSQ/SSYvDpCYkTI/AAAAAAAABAM/EMU-LyMV3uk/s400/VMI+Cheerleader.JPG

dbackjon
September 12th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Because we want to. You worry about NAU, and we'll worry about App State. Deal?

I will - I wish App all the luck in the world. Just don't hold claim winning the SunBelt while losing all your other games is being competitive in FBS :)

citdog
September 12th, 2013, 10:13 AM
What's that mission? To be faux soldiers?

http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2010/11/19/bush-and-mission-accomplished-0ee0197c9068642f65bd7fcbbc6c2b8fdf75e8ed-s6-c30.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_NA9uQSQYiSQ/SSYvDpCYkTI/AAAAAAAABAM/EMU-LyMV3uk/s400/VMI+Cheerleader.JPG

Mr. Bush went to yale.

That young lady, overcome by the sight of a REAL MAN, is attempting to rape him.

dbackjon
September 12th, 2013, 10:14 AM
"Slaughtered"...you must be thinking about some of Northern Arizona's recent visits to Arizona and Arizona State...

Or any of UMass' recent games. At least we aren't playing with the same amount of schollies like UMass is

ASUMountaineer
September 12th, 2013, 10:34 AM
I will - I wish App all the luck in the world. Just don't hold claim winning the SunBelt while losing all your other games is being competitive in FBS :)

There are several ways to define success, and it's in the eye of the fan. For the first decade of FBS, I'd be happy with an over-.500 record. I think that will be a success for the transition. After that, the level to reach to be "successful" will change.

ASUMountaineer
September 12th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Mr. Bush went to yale.

That young lady, overcome by the sight of a REAL MAN, is attempting to rape him.

Let me help you out here, boy. The Bush picture was simply used to represent that Citadel has accomplished its mission ("mission accomplished") of producing faux soldiers.

Clearly, that chick put that Citadel Nancy in a headlock because she viewed him as a delicate flower of a girl that needed to be roughed up a bit.

citdog
September 12th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Let me help you out here, boy. The Bush picture was simply used to represent that Citadel has accomplished its mission ("mission accomplished") of producing faux soldiers.

well mountie you asked for it.

Class
Rank
First
Last
Unit
Date
Battle
War
Reason

Judah
Alexander

1847-06-19
Perote, Mexico
Mexican War
Battlefield Disease

J. H.
Howell
Palmetto Regiment
1847-11-06
Puebla, Mexico
Mexican War
KIA

McBelton
O'Nealle

1847-12
Churubrusco, Mexico
Mexican War
DOW

Col.
Charles C.
Tew
2nd NC
1862-09-17
Sharpsburg
Civil War
KIA

Lt. Col.
Augustus J.
Lythgoe
1st SC
1862-12-31
Stones River, TN
Civil War
KIA

Pearcall
Graham

1847-11-22
Mexico City
Mexican War
KIA

Lt. Col.
Franklin
Gaillard
2nd SC
1864-05-06
Wilderness, VA
Civil War
KIA

Eugene
Wilder

1847-08-20
Churubusco, Mexico
Mexican War
KIA

Cpt.
S. N.
Kennerly
1st SC
1864-08-21
Weldon RR, VA
Civil War
KIA

Cpt.
Thomas B.
Colding
Ga. Volun.
1863-06-13
Winchester, VA
Civil War
KIA

Lt. Col.
F. Gendron
Palmer
Holcombeā€™s Legion
1862-09-14
2nd Manassas, VA
Civil War
KIA

Col.
Edward J.
Walker
3rd Ga.
1864-08-21
Atlanta
Civil War
KIA

Cpt.
W. S.
Brewster
SCM 17th Reg
1862-12-11
Fredericksburg, VA
Civil War
KIA

William
Davant

1855-10-01
Ft. Duncan, Tx.
Indian Wars
KIA

Cpt.
T. W.
Fitzgerald
12th ALA
1864-03-06
Chancellorsville, VA
Civil War
KIA

Capt.
George E.
Gamble
SCM 3rd Reg
1861-09-14
James Is., SC
Civil War
KIA

Cpt.
H. B.
Housel
7th Fla.
Undetermined
Civil War
Undetermined

Allen H.
Little
Palmetto Regument
1854-08
Garita de Belen
Mexican War
WIA

Col.
R. A.
Palmer
2nd Miss.
1861-07-21
1st Manassas, VA (1st graduate KIA)
Civil War
KIA

Lt.
George
Seabrook
1st SC
1861-04-02
Morris Is., SC
Civil War
Battlefield Disease

Maj.
D. T.
Williams
2nd SC
1863-07-02
Gettysburg, PA
Civil War
KIA

Col.
D. G.
Fleming
22nd SC
1864-07-30
The Crater, VA
Civil War
MIA

Cpt.
C. T.
Haskell
1st SC
1863-07-10
Morris Is., SC
Civil War
KIA

BG
Micah
Jenkins
Army of No. VA
1864-05-06
Wilderness, VA
Civil War
KIA

Cpt.
J. S.
Palmer
10th SC
1864-07-22
Atlanta, GA
Civil War
KIA

Cpt.
J. M.
Dean
7 ARK.
1862-04-07
Shiloh, TN
Civil War
KIA

Cpt.
J. A.
Evans

1864-06-27
Kinnesaw Mt., TN
Civil War
KIA

Maj.
J. A.
Finch
6th SC
1862-08-30
2nd Manassas, VA
Civil War
KIA

Cpt.
J. H.
Hart
12th SC
1862-09-14
So. Mt., MD
Civil War
KIA

Col.
J. D.
Nance
3rd SC
1864-05-06
Wilderness, VA
Civil War
KIA

Cpt.
George A.
Ross
Ark. Vol.
Undetermined
Civil War
KIA

Col.
C. W.
McCreary
1st SC
1865-05-31
Gravely Run, SC
Civil War
KIA

Col.
William D.
Rutherford
3rd SC
1864-10-13
Strasburg, VA
Civil War
KIA

James E.
Delorme

Undetermined
Undetermined
Civil War
Undetermined

Cpt.
James L.
Litchfield
7th SC
1862-09-13
2nd Manassas, VA
Civil War
KIA

T. O.
McCaslan
1st SC
1862-08-30
2nd Manassas, VA
Civil War
KIA

Lt.
G. M.
McDowell
2nd SC
1863-07-03
Gettysburg, PA
Civil War
KIA

Col.
William H. J.
Mitchell
17th SC
1864-06-18
Petersburg, VA (1st MIA)
Civil War
MIA

Maj.
W. P.
Shooter
1st SC
1864-05-12
Spotsylvania, PA
Civil War
KIA

Col.
O. J.
Youmans
2nd SC
1864-05-06
Wilderness, VA
Civil War
KIA

Lt
William
Alisson
__
1862-05-04
Unknown
Civil War
KIA

Frank
DeCardeuc
1st SC
1863-11-03
Staunton, VA
Civil War
Battlefield Disease

Maj.
E. A.
Erwin
1st SC
1863-09-07
Morris Island, SC
Civil War
KIA

Capt.
Francis H.
Harleston
1st SC
1863-11-24
Ft. Sumter, SC
Civil War
KIA

2/Lt.
S. S.
Kirby
Palmetto Light Artillery
1865-02-02
Rivers Bridge, SC
Civil War
KIA

2/Lt.
Joshua
Moses
3rd Palmetto
1865-04-09
Ft. Blakely, Al.
Civil War
KIA

Cpt.
J.
Nettles
10th SC
1863-01-14
Undetermined
Civil War
Died while POW

Lt
Robert S.
Bryce

1863-09-22
Chicamauga, GA
Civil War
KIA

1/Lt.
James H.
Burns
6th NC
1863-07-02
Gettysburg, PA
Civil War
KIA

D. P.
Campbell
11th SC
1862-10-22
Pocataglio, SC
Civil War
KIA

Lt.
J. J.
Coward
5th SC
1862-06-01
Seven Pines, VA
Civil War
KIA

Capt.
Randall
Croft
16th SC SOW CADET
1862-07-26
Aiken, SC
Civil War
Battlefield disease

1/Lt
James
Horlbeck
3rd SC Arty SOW Cadet
died from wounds 13 Jan 1866
Avasboro, NC
Civil War
WIA

1/Lt.
John Dosier
Lee
9th SCV
1862-06-30
Gaines Mill, VA
Civil War
KIA

J. C.
Palmer
24th SC
1863-09-19
Chicamauga, GA
Civil War
KIA

Maj.
John Marshall
Whilden
23rd SC SOW Cadet
1862-08-30
2nd Manassas, VA
Civil War
KIA

Nicholas
Wilson
12th SC
1862-09-17
Sharpsburg, MD
Civil War
KIA

T. H.
Wylie
6th SC
Died of wounds1865-11-17
Seven Pines, VA 1862-06-05
Civil War
WIA

Lt
Thomas B.
Alisson
__
Died of wounds1866-10
In Virginia
Civil War
WIA 1865

Cpt.
G. B.
Dyer
2nd SC
1864-06-01
Cold Harbor, VA
Civil War
KIA

Capt.
G. M.
Lalane
25th SC
1863-07-30
James Island, SC
Civil War
KIA

Cadet Ranger
G. A
McDowell
6th SC
1864-02-09
Johns Island, SC
Civil War
KIA

William
McKewn
5th SC
1863-12-14
Fredericksburg, VA
Civil War
KIA

Lt.
J. T.
Norris
19th SC
1863-01-10
Stones River, TN
Civil War
KIA

2/Lt.
John A.
Craig
21st SC
1864-05-16
Drury's Bluff, VA
Civil War
KIA

J. B.
Dotterer
24th SC
1864-05-24
New Hope Church, GA
Civil War
KIA

Cadet Ranger
John S.
Dutart
6th SC Cavalry
1864-02-09
Johns Island, SC
Civil War
KIA

William
Gregg
21st SC
1863-06-29
Gaines Mill, VA
Civil War
KIA

P.
Hamilton
24th SC
1863-09-19
Chickamauga, GA
Civil War
KIA

Col.
M. B.
Humphrey
6th SC "Cadet Ranger"
1865-04-30
Bentonville, NC
Civil War
KIA

John C.
Neil
Palmetto Sharpshooters
1862-08-30
2nd Manassas, VA
Civil War
KIA

"Cadet Ranger"
W. J.
Nettles
6th SC Cavalry
1864-10-27
Franklin, TN
Civil War
KIA

Maj.
T.A.
Quattlebaum
7th SC SOW Cadet
1864-07-30
The Crater, VA
Civil War
MIA

William Mason
Smith
27th SC
1864-06-01
Cold Harbor, VA
Civil War
KIA

Cadet Ranger
A.W.
Dozier
6th SC
1869-06-02
POW Confinment
Civil War
Died from POW wounds

Cpt.
A. F.
Miller
1st SC
1864-11-30
Petersburg, VA
Civil War
KIA

"Cadet Ranger"
James O.
Sheppard
6th SC
1864-06-12
Trevilian Station, VA
Civil War
KIA

Cadet Ranger
Joseph
Willingham
__
Jan 1865
Fayettville, NC
Civil War
KIA

"Cadet Ranger"
Ross
Davis
6th SC
1864-06-12
Petersburg
Civil War
KIA

George W.
McKenzie
2nd SC
1864-01-04
Mt. Jackson, VA
Civil War
KIA

R. F.
Nichols
add 7th SC
1864-12-10
Undetermined
Civil War
Battlefield Disease

W. J. B.
Patterson
Battalion of State Cadets
1864-12-07
Tulifinny Creek, SC (first cadet KIA)
Civil War
KIA

John
Culbreath
7th SC
1865-04-17
Undetermined
Civil War
Battlefield Disease

B. T.
Gibbs
16th SC
1864-03-12
Undetermined
Civil War
Battlefield Disease

H. S.
Morrison

1863-08-16
Undetermined
Civil War
Battlefield Disease

William
Ravenel

1863-08-23
Undetermined
Civil War
Battlefield Disease

Brooks
6th SC Cavalry
1864-06-12

Civil War
KIA

Joseph P.
Huger
Manigaults Battalion
1864-04-13
Ft. Sumter, SC
Civil War
KIA

Joseph E.
Sams
8th SC
1865-03-22
Undetermined
Civil War
Battlefield Disease

Albert O.
Brown
26th SC
1865-01-29
Undetermined
Civil War
Battlefield Disease

George O.
Buck
7th SC
1865-01-22
Undetermined
Civil War
Battlefield Disease

William
Goodwin

1873-05-04
Red River area
Indian Wars
KIA

George
Grant
18th SC
1865-03-21
Bentonville, NC
Civil War
MIA

Thomas Albert
Johnson
7th SC
1865-03-23
Undetermined
Civil War
Battlefield Disease

Osma
Knox

1864-11-28
Undetermined
Civil War
Battlefield Disease

Johnnie C.
Mangrum
26th SC
Undetermined
Civil War
Battlefield Wounds

Robert E.
Muldrow
25th SC
1865-04-07
Undetermined
Civil War
Battlefield Disease

Russell
Noble
7th SC
1865-01-12
Undetermined
Civil War
Battlefield Disease

W. McKenzie
Parker
1865-05-09
Williamston, SC (last confederate death)
Civil War
KIA

CDRE
James Alexander
Logan
USN
1943-09-04
over Northern Ireland
World War II
KIA

Maj.
Robert Henry
Willis, Jr.
Aircorps
1918-09-13
France
World War I
Friendly fire

1/Lt.
W. A.
Mulloy

1918-12-24
France
World War I
Hostile fire

Lt.
William Montague
Nicholls
British Artillery
1915-08-26
Loos, France
World War I
Hostile fire

1/Lt.
John Hodges
David
18th Inf.
1918-04-01
Ansuuile, France
World War I
Hostile fire

Cpt.
James Hill
Holmes
USA
1918-07-19
Soissons, France
World War I
Hostile fire

2/Lt.
James Karl
Bolton
USMC
1917-01-10
San Pedro de Mancoris, Dominican Republic
U.S. Expeditionary Force/Central America, 1916-1933
KIA

Maj.
William
Byrd
USMC
1928-03-09
Esteli, Nicaragua
KIA

MAJ
Wade Rushton
Cothran, Jr.
USA
1945-01-22
Died on Jap POW ship
World War II
KIA/POW

Cpt.
Julius Andrew
Mood, Jr.
USA
1918-07-21
Soissons, France.
World War I
Hostile fire

1/Lt.
George Hampton
Yarborough, Jr.
USMC
1918-06-27
Belleau Wood, France
World War I
Hostile fire

1/Lt_
Robert James
Cochran
8th Aero Sqdn.
1918-10-10
France
World War I
Shot down/Toul, Fr.

Lt.
Arthur Thomas
Elmore

1918-07-13
Belleau Wood, France
World War I
Hostile fire

1/Lt.
Richard G.
Howard
USMC
1919-08-14
Yuma, Dominican Republic
KIA

CPT
Wilton Earl
Davis
USA
1944-12-25
DNB France
World War II
KIA

CPT
Robert Clark
Hale
USA
1944-08-12
France
World War II
KIA

CPT
Joseph Lynn
McCarthy
USA
1945-01-09
Died in Philippine Islands
World War II
KIA/POW

MAJ
Thomas Dry
Howie
USA
1944-07-17
St Lo, France, CO, 3rd Bn/116th Inf/29th Div
World War II
KIA

LT
Perry Moses
Phelps
USN
1945-03-10
DNB accident, Oran, Algeria
World War II
KIA

Maj
Lu
Shu-Chin
Chinese Army
Kunming, China
World War II
died of injuries

COL
George Roland
Weeks
USMC
1945-01-30
Died on prison ship enroute to Japan
World War II
KIA/POW

1LT
Forrest Hugh
Coleman, Jr.
USA
1944-11-20
Ardennes, Belgium
World War II
KIA

PVT
William Francis
Boyd
USMC
1945-02-27
Iwo Jima
World War II
KIA/MIA

TSGT
George Bryan
French
USAAC
1943-04-23
over North Africa
World War II
KIA/MIA

MAJ
Albert K.
Godwin
USA
1944-12-15
World War II
KIA/POW

1LT
Albert Starke
Hagood
USA
1945-03-23
crossing Rhine River, Germany
World War II
KIA

LDCR
Allard Barnwell
Heyward
USN
1944-06-06
D-Day, Normandy, France
World War II
KIA/MIA

CPT
Joseph Barre
Traywick
USA
1944-11-08
Germany, D-Day veteran
World War II
KIA

1LT
Alexander Beaty
Sherard
USA
1943-07-14
DOW South Pacific
World War II
KIA

1LT
Pope Lott
Browne
USAAC
1944-10-24
Died on Arisan Maru enroute to Japan
World War II
KIA/POW

1LT
Benjamin Henry
Ivey
USA
1945-01-09
France
World War II
KIA

1LT
Allen Jones
Jervey, Jr.
USA
1942-06-17
DOW Pacific
World War II
KIA

FLT LT
Charles Pritchard
Lesesne
RCAF
1945-03-31
over Luneburg. Germany
World War II
KIA

1LT
Franklin Merle
Shaw
USA
1944-04-20
Nurmea, New Caldonia
World War II
KIA

CPT
Arthur Calvin
Griffin, Jr.
USA
1944-08-07
France
World War II
KIA

PVT
Beverly W.
Mitchell
USA
1942-11-21
DNB SW Pacific
World War II
KIA

2LT
Harry Grimshaw
Bowers
USA
1943-12-21
Italy
World War II
KIA

CPT
George Brown
Gregory, Jr.
USA
1945-05-06
Okinawa
World War II
KIA

1LT
Wade Hampton
Britt, Jr.
USMC
1943-04-13
South Pacific
World War II
KIA

2LT
James Tredway
Dixon
USA
1944-07-27
St Lo, France
World War II
KIA

SGT
Furman Henry
Finklea
USA
1944-08-30
Normandy, France
World War II
KIA

1LT
Ralph Palmer
Ford, Jr.
USA
1944-12-15
Died on Enowra Maru enroute to Japan
World War II
KIA/POW

ENS
Claude Jackson
Gasque, Jr.
USNR
1943-08-10
Lost aboard USS Quincy (CA-39) at Guadalcanal
World War II
KIA/MIA

2LT
Grady Cannon
Corley
USA
1944-06-05
Myitkyiana, Burma
World War II
KIA

MAJ
James Lee
Land
USA
1943-10-04
Italy
World War II
KIA

Cpt
Maxwell Farmer
Parrott
USA
1944-12-04
Unknown location
World War II
KIA

LTC
Tom Mulloy
Trotti
USMC
1945-02-22
Iwo Jima
World War II
KIA

CPT
Stephen Munger
Byars, Jr.
USA
1944-12-15
World War II
KIA/POW

COX
Eugene Rice
Cowan
USN
1944-04-28
Atlantic
World War II
KIA

LCDR
Robert Cleveland
Evins
USN
1944-06-17
over South Pacific
World War II
KIA/MIA

BG
Charles Jack
Girard
USA
1970-01-17
Gia Dinh, RVN
Vietnam
Illness

1LT
Roy Hamilton
Long, Jr.
USAAC
1945-04-29
over Pacific
World War II
KIA

LT
Jack Alger
Mahony, Jr.
USN
1943-07-01
Pacific
World War II
KIA/MIA

LTC
George Bray
McMillan
USAAC
1944-06-24
over Pingsang,China ( Flying Tigers)
World War II
KIA

Capt
Manning Lionel
Nelson, Jr.
USN
1945-04-28
Kerema Islands (off Okinawa)
World War II
KIA

BG
Tang
Tieh Chin
Chinese Army
04/1944
China
World War II
KIA

1LT
Harold Bradford
Chandler, Jr.
USA
1942-12-05
Phillipines
World War II
KIA

CPT
Clough Farrar
Gee, III
USA
1944-06-07
D-Day +1, Normandy, France
World War II
KIA

1LT
Thomas Edward
Goodson, Jr.
USA
1944-06-14
over France
World War II
KIA/MIA

2LT
Ernest Scott
Haile, II
USA
1944-09-07
Died on Shinyo Maru enrouye to Japan
World War II
KIA/POW

1LT
Richard Brady
Knapp
USA
1944-08-23
France
World War II
KIA

2LT
George Rhea
Land, Jr.
USAAC
1943-04-02
over La Fauconnerie, Tunisia
World War II
KIA

LT
Peter Nicholas
Meros
USNR
1945-06-07
Pacific
World War II
KIA/MIA

1LT
Lindsay Baker
Milikin
USA
1943-09-14
DOW Pacific
World War II
KIA

1LT
Edwin Karl
Newman
USA
1945-02-26
Europe
World War II
KIA

1LT
Ernest Ferdinand
Peschau, Jr.
USAAC
1944-06-08
World War II
KIA/POW

2LT
Harry Ferrell
Stallings, Jr.
USAAC
1945-04-16
over Guam
World War II
KIA/MIA

PVT
Henry Major
Taylor
USA
1944-06-06
D-Day, Normandy, France, 82nd AB Div
World War II
KIA

1LT
Frank Leslie
Vernon
USA
1945-05-29
Okinawa
World War II
KIA

1LT
Henry Liles
Allen
USAAC
1944-02-25
over Germany on 1st combat mission
World War II
KIA

1LT
Joseph
Andrews
USAAC
1944-08-15
over France
World War II
KIA

2LT
Alton Houston
Bryant
USAAC
1944-12-15
Died on Oryoku Maru enroute to Japan
World War II
KIA/POW

2LT
Joseph Plowden
Cole
USAAC
1942-07-15
over Australia
World War II
KIA/MIA

2LT
Charles Herbert
Cooper
USAAC
1942-08-28
over Alaska
World War II
KIA/MIA

1LT
Peter Franklin
Cureton, Jr.
USAAC
1944-11-21
over France
World War II
KIA

2LT
John Shipp
Daniel
USAAC
1942-10-27
World War II
KIA/POW

1LT
Walter Guy
Efird, Jr.
USA
1944-09-07
World War II
KIA/POW

MAJ
William Haselden
Ellerbe
USA
1945-05-26
over Pacific (Body not recovered)
World War II
KIA/MIA

2LT
William Herbert
Ellis, Jr.
USA
1945-01-09
Ardennes, Belgium, Battle of the Bulge
World War II
KIA

1LT
Wilson
Glover, III
USAAC
1945-01-27
World War II
KIA/POW

1LT
Francis Vernon
Lael
USAAC
1944-04-05
over Italy
World War II
KIA/MIA

1LT
John Thomas
Leonard, Jr.
USA
1944-12-13
World War II
KIA/POW

1LT
Landon Dwight
Long
USAAC
1942-06-03
over Lashio, Burma
World War II
KIA/MIA

CPT
Thomas Hutson
Martin, Jr.
USA
1945-02-08
DOW France
World War II
KIA

1LT
John Bernard
Mayes
USAAC
1942-12-18
over Tunis, Tunisia
World War II
KIA

2LT
John Isaac
Moore, III
USA
1944-10-24
World War II
KIA/POW

LTC
Julius Elliot
O'Neal
USAF
1951-10-23
MIA over Inchon, South Korea, still MIA
Korean War
KIA/MIA

1LT
Rufus Alexander
Oliphant, Jr.
USAAC
1943-02-15
over Europe
World War II
KIA/MIA

1LT
Walter Scott
Strong, Jr.
USA
1945-02-02
Died on Brazil Maru enroute to Japan
World War II
KIA/POW

CPT
James Goodlett
Thornton, Jr.
USA
1944-09-14
Europe
World War II
KIA/MIA

1LT
Herbert B.
Bass
USMC
1943-03-05
Guadalcanel
World War II
KIA

1LT
Herman B.
Brown, Jr.
USA
1943-09-06
New Guinea
World War II
KIA

CPL
William Henderson
Coffield, Jr.
USAAC
1942-07-09
Died at Calauag Tayabas, Phillipines
World War II
KIA/POW

2LT
Richard Furman
Dabbs
USMC
1942-09-15
over Caribbean
World War II
KIA/MIA

ENS
Charles Emil
Eichenberger, Jr.
USN
1942-09-12
over the Solomans, DE-202 named for him
World War II
KIA

1LT
Walter Raymond
Erness
USAAC
1942-09-13
over North Africa
World War II
KIA

ENS
Herman John
Gerdes, Jr.
USN
1944-07-02
Lost aboard sub USS Robaco (SS-273)
World War II
KIA/MIA

SSG
Jack Willis
Holt
USAAC
1943-10-16
over New Guinea
World War II
KIA

1LT
Thomas Lea
Hutchings, Jr.
USA
1944-09-16
Europe with 28th Division
World War II
KIA

1LT
Clark Lewis
Knotts
USA
1944-08-06
France
World War II
KIA

1LT
John Catlett
Martin
USAAC
1943-01-07
over New Guinea
World War II
KIA

1LT
Benjamin Willis
Mills, Jr.
USA
1944-09-07
Paliseul, Belgium
World War II
KIA

LTJG
Harry Hampton
Salley
USN
1944-05-20
DOW Brooklyn Naval Hospital
World War II
KIA

CPT
Jerome Chris
Serros
USAAC
1944-11-02
over Europe
World War II
KIA

SGT
Charles Henry
Sims
USA
1945-07-12
DOW near Manila, Phillipines
World War II
KIA

MAJ
William Kirkland
Stewart
USMC
1945-02-25
Pacific
World War II
KIA/MIA

1LT
William Robert
Werden, Jr.
USAAC
1942-12-15
over Herbert River Australia
World War II
KIA

ENS
Henry Purefoy
Whitehurst, Jr.
USN
1942-08-09
Lost aboard USS Astoria; DE-634 named for him
World War II
KIA/MIA

1LT
Charles Clarence
Young, Jr.
USAAC
1944-03-23
over Oldenburg, Germany
World War II
KIA

1LT
Burt Williams
Andrews, Jr.
USA
1946-11-03
DOW received in battle - Naples-Foggia, Italy
World War II
KIA

1LT
Robert Moffatt
Brice
USA
1944-06-06
D-Day, Pointe du Hoc, 2nd Ranger Bn
World War II
KIA

1LT
Joseph Dexter
Brown, Jr.
USA
1944-06-25
DOW Italy
World War II
KIA

1LT
William Gadsden
Daniels
USAAC
1944-10-06
over Germany
World War II
KIA/MIA

CPT
William Jacob
DeWitt
USA
1945-02-18
DOW received in battle - Italy
World War II
KIA

1LT
Roy Robin
English, Jr.
USAAC
1945-03-22
over Heidelberg, Germany (55th mission)
World War II
KIA

CPT
Thomas Brown
Gautier, Jr.
USA
1944-12-09
DOW Europe
World War II
KIA

CPL
Theodore
Hanford
USA
1944-12-25
World War II
KIA

1LT
Gilmer Herriott
Holton, Jr.
USAAC
1942-06-07
over Battle of Midway
World War II
KIA/MIA

CPT
Norwood Thomas
Jenkins
USA
1944-02-17
DNB Battlefield Disease - New Guinea
World War II
KIA

1LT
Franklyn Madden
Ketchum
USA
1944-08-16
France
World War II
KIA

CPT
Ralph Emory
Kibler, Jr.
USAAC
1944-05-11
over France
World War II
KIA

PFC
Gordon Ackly
Littlefield
USMC
1951-03-17
South Korea
Korean War
KIA

1LT
Roland Louis
Luerich, Jr.
USA
1944-06-04
DOW Italy
World War II
KIA

CPT
James Lawrence
Manning
USA
1944-12-21
over Bleialf, Germany
World War II
KIA

1LT
Harold Burris
Morse
USAAC
1945-02-04
over China
World War II
KIA

CPT
Robert Edward
Poland
USAAC
1943-04-04
over Liberia, North Africa
World War II
KIA/MIA

CPT
Hugh Corbin
Rogers
USAAC
1944-12-21
over China
World War II
KIA/MIA

1LT
William Milling
Royall
USA
1944-11-19
Europe
World War II
KIA

1LT
Fred Burnham
Shifflet, Jr.
USAAC
1943-03-03
over Battle of the Bismark Sea
World War II
KIA/MIA

2LT
James Theodore
Baugh
USMC
1945-02-24
Iwo Jima
World War II
KIA

LTJG
Frederick William
Beidelman, Jr.
USNR
1944-10-26
Soloman Islands
World War II
KIA/MIA

2LT
Jesse Wooten
Booker, III
USMC
1944-08-27
Tinian
World War II
KIA

2LT
John Russell
Ferris
USMC
1945-02-23
Iwo Jima
World War II
KIA

1LT
Jack Johnston
Foster
USA
1945-01-06
World War II
KIA

1LT
John Hobson
Franks
USAAC
1944-12-31
over Japan
World War II
KIA/MIA

1LT
Harry Vance
Johnson, Jr.
USA
1945-04-03
Germany
World War II
KIA

2LT
Robert Edward
Murphy
USAAC
1943-11-02
Rabaul, New Britain
World War II
KIA/MIA

2LT
Bruce Curtis
Robbins
USA
1945-01-03
World War II
KIA

2LT
Martin Frederick
Schnibben, Jr.
USA
1945-02-12
DOW while German POW, previously MIA
World War II
KIA/POW

CPT
Molten Ancrum
Shuler, Jr.
USA
1952-08-24
Chorwon, North Korea WIA 6/16/52
Korean War
KIA

CPL
William Cleveland
Whitley, Jr.
USA
1944-11-04
France
World War II
KIA

1LT
George Blalock
Browning
USA
1945-01-04
World War II
KIA

PFC
Thompson Gallety
Dicks
USA
1944-06-06
D-Day, Omaha Beach, 116 Inf/29 Div
World War II
KIA

2LT
Richard Louis
Engel
USAAC
1944-12-31
over Germany
World War II
KIA

SGT
Owen Willoughby
Fields, Jr.
USA
1944-07-13
Normandy, France, 22nd Inf/4th Div
World War II
KIA

2LT
Creswell
Garlington, Jr.
USA
1944-12-03
World War II
KIA

CPL
Woodfin Grady
Gaston, Jr.
USA
1945-01-19
France
World War II
KIA

1LT
Walter Edward
Gibson
USA
1944-06-11
France
World War II
KIA

1LT
Ralph Alexander
Hardee
USA
1944-08-09
Brittany, France
World War II
KIA

1LT
Enon Walter
Harvey, Jr.
USAAC
1945-07-13
over Bonin Islands
World War II
KIA/MIA

1LT
William Alvin
Henson, II
USAAC
1944-09-28
over Magdeburg, Germany
World War II
KIA

2LT
Caswell Marbury
Higgs
USA
1945-03-28
Germany
World War II
KIA

2LT
Arthur Bradlee
Hunt, Jr.
USA
1944-11-21
Europe
World War II
KIA

SGT
John Evans
James, Jr.
USA
1944-12-25
Germany
World War II
KIA

PFC
Harvey Robert
Kolker
USA
1945-01-10
World War II
KIA

1LT
Richard Lee
Mann
USAAC
1944-04-20
over France
World War II
KIA

CPT
William Kennedy
Mauldin
USAF
1952-02-21
over Sinan-ri, North Korea
Korean War
KIA

1LT
Archibald Solomon
Mills, Jr.
USAAC
1943-09-21
over South Pacific
World War II
KIA

2LT
Edwin Browning
Moore
USA
1945-03-01
Belgium
World War II
KIA

PFC
William John
Nally
USAAC
1945-06-25
Mindoro Island, Phillipines
World War II
KIA

1LT
Richard Paul
Padgett
USA
1945-04-30
South Pacific
World War II
KIA

1LT
Paul
Richardson
USAAC
1944-06-27
over Europe
World War II
KIA

1LT
Herman Franklin
Ridenour
USAAC
1944-04-10
over Yangkai AB, China
World War II
KIA

SGT
Marvin
Roth
USA
1945-04-25
Germany
World War II
KIA

1LT
Albert Harold
Sims
USAAC
1945-03-28
over Chungking, China
World War II
KIA/MIA

2LT
Samuel Rigby
Sprott, Jr.
USAAC
1944-03-20
over Germany (Body not recovered)
World War II
KIA/MIA

1LT
Charles Marion
Thirlkeld, Jr.
USA
1945-01-03
World War II
KIA

1LT
Richard Harry
Whitaker
USAAC
1944-06-30
over Lake Balaton, Hungary
World War II
KIA

PFC
Andrew Nourse
Alexander, Jr
USA
1945-08-10
DNB Battlefield Disease - Kunming, China
World War II
KIA

CPL
Joseph
Altomari
USA
1945-05-10
DNB Germany
World War II
KIA

SSG
Hugh Van Der Veer
Batchelder
USA
1945-01-01
Phillipsbourg, France
World War II
KIA

CPL
Robert Alexander
Bates
USA
1944-11-03
Holland
World War II
KIA

PFC
Frederick Scott
Campbell, Jr.
USAAC
1945-05-26
over Tokyo, Japan
World War II
KIA

PFC
Archelaus Augustus
Drake, III
USA
1944-12-05
Ratzweiller, France
World War II
KIA

SSGT
Griffeth Harrison
Fort
USAAC
1944-12-17
over Deutsch-Lieben, Czechoslovakia
World War II
KIA

1LT
Henry David
Fulmer, Jr.
USAAC
1944-12-19
over Europe
World War II
KIA

2LT
James Guy
Gilbert, Jr.
USAAC
1944-12-23
over Germany
World War II
KIA

PVT
Harry Frierson
Hendry, Jr.
USA
1945-01-13
Luxembourg
World War II
KIA

1LT
James Culpeper
Hill, Jr.
USAAC
1945-02-20
over Kawasakia, Japan
World War II
KIA/MIA

SSGT
Lucius Joseph
Jumper
USAAC
1945-01-02
over Pacific
World War II
KIA/MIA

PVT
Vestal
Malone
USA
1946-01-05
DOW suffered during The Battle of the Bulge
World War II
KIA

S1C
Joy McDowell
Marriott, Jr.
USN
1945-05-03
Lost aboard Sub USS Lagarto SS-371) off Malay
World War II
KIA/MIA

1LT
Frederick Davenport
Melton
USA
1944-10-03
Holland
World War II
KIA

PVT
James Hollenbeck
Morehouse, Jr.
USA
1945-03-18
Germany
World War II
KIA

PFC
John Wilber
Peterson
USA
1945-03-06
Germany
World War II
KIA

PVT
David Prichard
Pilson
USMC
1945-04-10
Okinawa
World War II
KIA

PFC
Marion
Stuckey
USA
1945-01-04
Europe
World War II
KIA

1LT
John Mason Whiting
Stulz
USAAC
1945-08-01
over China/Burma/India Theater
World War II
KIA/MIA

PFC
Wilson Adelbert
Wendt
USA
1945-04-11
Germany
World War II
KIA

1LT
Jack Brinson
Whitaker
USMC
1944-12-31
South Pacific
World War II
KIA

SSG
Raleigh Blackwell
Batten
USAAC
1945-03-11
over Germany
World War II
KIA

1LT
William Beattie
Bendure
USA
1945-01-27
Sinz, Germany
World War II
KIA

Richard
Burns

1944-09-01
over Southern France
World War II
KIA/MIA

2LT
Thomas E.
Campbell, Jr.
USAAC
1945-03-24
over Germany
World War II
KIA

SGT
Frank William
Cantillion
USA
1944-05-02
Italy
World War II
KIA

PVT
Ross L.
Carmichael
USA
1944-02-23
Italy (Body not recovered)
World War II
KIA/MIA

SGT
Gerald Richard
Casey
USMC
1945-02-21
Iwo Jima
World War II
KIA

SGT
Edward Gray
Cherry, Jr.
USA
1945-03-15
Germany
World War II
KIA

CPL
John Henry
Cotter
USMC
1945-02-19
Iwo Jima
World War II
KIA

PVT
Walter Steele
Covington, Jr.
USA
1944-12-09
Vossenack, Germany
World War II
KIA

1LT
Joseph Ambrose
Doyle, Jr.
USAAC
1945-04-28
over Italy
World War II
KIA

PFC
Joseph Gibbs
Ferrel
USA
1944-11-17
Aachen, Germany
World War II
KIA

SGT
John Lawrence
Glynn, Jr.
USA
1945-01-28
Belgium
World War II
KIA

SGT
Jule
Hancock, Jr.
USAAC
1944-10-14
over Yugoslavia (Body not recovered)
World War II
KIA/MIA

SSGT
James William
Hendon, Jr.
USAAC
1945-03-01
over Belgium
World War II
KIA

PFC
Harry Bell
Launius, Jr.
USA
1945-01-27
Nenning, Germany
World War II
KIA

PVT
John Bunyan
McMillan, Jr.
USA
1944-12-30
Nenning, Germany
World War II
KIA

1LT
Richard Heilman
Metzger
USAAC
1945-05-12
over Germany
World War II
KIA

PVT
Fielding Jessup
Nelson
USA
1944-06-02
Anzio Beachhead
World War II
KIA

SSG
Kingsley Robert
Pearse
USA
1944-11-14
France
World War II
KIA

2LT
John Eugene
Pound
USAF
1952-02-22
over Tsu Bu, South Korea
Korean War
KIA

SGT
James Calvin
Raymond
USAAC
1945-04-02
over Germany
World War II
KIA

PFC
James Davis
Rembert
USA
1945-04-14
Germany
World War II
KIA

1LT
David Albert
Robins
USAAC
1944-07-21
over Salsburg, Austria
World War II
KIA/MIA

SSG
Robert Cowan
Rolph
USA
1945-02-25
Haverhof, Germany
World War II
KIA

PVT
Waverly Owen
Skidmore
USA
1944-10-13
Germany
World War II
KIA

SGT
Henry Sylvain
Solomon
USAAC
1945-03-10
over Tokyo, Japan
World War II
KIA/MIA

CPL
William Arthur
Teague, II
USAAC
1945-07-01
over Japan
World War II
KIA

PVT
Charles Alister
Witsell, Jr.
USA
1944-05-26
Italy
World War II
KIA

SSG
Thomas Franklin
Woodhead
USA
1944-12-10
Obergrich, Germany
World War II
KIA

PFC
John Kenneth
Zahn, Jr.
USA
1944-09-11
France
World War II
KIA/MIA

2LT
Solomon Lee
Van Meter, III
USMC
1953-07-09
South Korea
Korean War
KIA

PVT
Thomas Edward
Hinton, Jr.
USMC
1945-12-05
North China
World War II
KIA

1LT
Wesley Hartwell
Johnson
USA
1950-07-27
Hadong, South Korea
Korean War
KIA

2LT
Frank Elwood
Bloomenshine
USA
1950-08-25
South Korea
Korean War
KIA

1LT
James Futrell
Exley
USA
1951-04-05
North Korea
Korean War
KIA

1LT
William Calvin
Hall
USA
1951-04-25
Uijonbu, South Korea
Korean War
KIA

1LT
John William
Hill, Jr.
USMC
1952-09-10
over Pohang, South Korea
Korean War
KIA

1LT
Edmund Jones
Lilly, III
USA
1950-09-03
South Korea
Korean War
KIA

2LT
Edward Rutledge
Ravenel, III
USA
1950-09-05
Hill 303, South Korea
Korean War
KIA

1LT
Herman Louis
Falk, Jr.
USA
1951-05-31
Died while POW (2/12/51)
Korean War
KIA/POW

1LT
William Henry
McLellan
USA
1951-09-19
North Korea
Korean War
KIA

2LT
William Kendrick
Mordecai
USA
1950-11-15
Wonsan Harbor, South Korea
Korean War
KIA

1LT
Clyde P.
Padgett, Jr.
USA
1951-01-03
Seoul, South Korea
Korean War
KIA

1LT
Richard Tarlton
Smock
USA
1951-06-06
Chollyon-Dong North Korea DSC
Korean War
KIA

1LT
Bob Pearce
Cannon
USAF
1952-12-04
over Suwon AF, South Korea
Korean War
KIA

1LT
James Franklin
Davis
USAF
1953-05-10
over South Korea
Korean War
KIA/MIA

PVT
William Clyde
Fowler
USA
1951-01-30
South Korea
Korean War
KIA

1LT
Myrth Jimmie
Killingsworth
USA
1952-10-14
North Korea
Korean War
KIA

LTC
Rodolph Lee
Nunn, Jr.
USAF
1968-06-06
Quang Tri, RVN
Vietnam
Shot down

2LT
Thomas Preston
Pearce
USA
1952-08-12
North Korea
Korean War
KIA

MAJ
Sam Michael
Savas, Jr.
USA
1965-10-12
RVN
Vietnam
Stroke

SGT
Desmond K.
Wilkerson
USAF
1950-11-28
over Sinanjo AF, North Korea
Korean War
KIA

MAJ
Amos Oliver
Fox
USAF
1968-04-23
Ninh Thuan, RVN
Vietnam
Air loss

MAJ
Richard Herman
Schmidt
USA
1966-05-17
RVN
Vietnam
Ground

LTC
William Robert
Spillers
USAF
1969-12-17
Binh Duong, RVN
Vietnam
Shot down

CPT
Donald Bryant
Button
USAF
1968-05-24
Thailand
Vietnam
Air loss

LTC
Robert Henry
Carter, Jr.
USA
1969-05-27
Kontum, RVN
Vietnam
Ground

MAJ
Leo Michael
Donker
USA
1966-04-03
RVN
Vietnam
Ground

MAJ
Roger Lee
Graham
USA
1969-06-10
Quang Nam, RVN
Vietnam
Ground

MAJ
James Westley
Ayers
USMC
1967-05-26
Quang Tri, RVN
Vietnam
Ground

CPT
Terry Denver
Cordell
USA
1962-10-15
RVN
Vietnam
Shot down

CPT
Thomas Joseph
Margle
USAF
1968-02-15
Ninh Thuan, RVN
Vietnam
Shot down

1LT
Raymond Edgar
Doyle, Jr.
USAF
1963-04-12
Thailand
Vietnam
Air loss

CPT
Clarence Larry
Moorer
USA
1963-12-12
RVN
Vietnam
Shot down

CPT
Hugh Reavis
Nelson
USA
1966-06-05
RVN
Vietnam
Shot down

CPT
David John Wick
Widder
USA
1965-03-24
RVN
Vietnam
Shot down

MAJ
William Esley
Wood, Jr.
USAF
1971-04-21
Quang Tri, RVN
Vietnam
Air loss

CPT
John Werner
Carlson
USAF
1966-12-07
Tay Ninh, RVN
Vietnam
MIA/Shot down

LCDR
Jere Alen
Barton
USN
1970-06-07
Kien Tuong, RVN
Vietnam
Shot down

MAJ
Samuel Richard
Bird
USA
1984-10-18
Bong Son, RVN
Vietnam
WIA Jan 27, '67

MAJ
James Terry
Jackson
USAF
1972-03-23
Laos
Vietnam
MIA/Shot down

CPT
Benjamin Edward
Kelly, Jr.
USA
1967-08-30
Bihn Dinh, RVN
Vietnam
Ground

CPT
Thomas Curtis
Metsker
USA
1965-11-14
Ia Drang Valley, RVN
Vietnam
Ground

CPT
William David Howsa
Ragin
USA
1964-08-20
Kien Hoa,RVN
Vietnam
Ground

MAJ
David Bruce
Tucker
USA
1967-10-01
RVN
Vietnam
Shot down

CPT
William Forman
Abernethy
USA
1967-07-21
Long Khanh, RVN
Vietnam
Ground

CPT
Henry Albert
Deutsch
USA
1965-05-11
RVN
Vietnam
Ground

CPT
Thomas Simcock
Hubbell
USMC
1967-12-27
Thua Thien, RVN
Vietnam
Ground

CPT
Kurt Lloyd
Kuhns, Sr.
USA
1967-09-08
RVN
Vietnam
Air loss

CPT
Richard Edward
Legate
USA
1967-03-25
RVN
Vietnam
Ground

CPT
William Daniel
Sands, III
USA
1967-03-22
Pleiku, RVN
Vietnam
Ground

Capt
William A.
Thomas
USAF
1972-04-21
RVN
Vietnam
Air Loss

CPT
Sam Festis
Beach, Jr.
USAF
1968-01-17
Quang Tri, RVN
Vietnam
Shot down

2/Lt.
Davis J.
Boardman
USA
1968-02-01
Ground Long An, RVN
Vietnam
KIA

MAJ
Robert Gerald
Hunter
USAF
1966-05-25
over Ban-Ban,Laos
Vietnam
Shot down

1LT
Richard Mershon
Milikin, III
USAF
1967-08-20
North Vietnam
Vietnam
MIA/Shot down

2LT
Phillip Jacob
Moog
USA
1966-08-10
RVN
Vietnam
Ground

Unk
Viruch
Tangnoi
RTA
1968-06-25
Unknown
Vietnam
Royal Thai Army?

CPT
Charles Edward
Heine
USA
1969-01-03
RVN
Vietnam
Shot down

CPT
Anthony George
Prior
USA
1968-05-27
Binh Long, RVN
Vietnam
Shot down

2LT
Richard James
Regan
USMC
1965-08-11
Quang Nam, RVN
Vietnam
Ground

1LT
James Clinton
Tarkenton, III
USA
1967-03-19
Binh Duong, RVN
Vietnam
Ground

1LT
William Judson
Thomason
USA
2006-01-15
Vietnam
WIA Nov '66

1LT
Hugh William
Wellons
USA
1966-10-13
RVN
Vietnam
Ground

2LT
Joseph Cyril
Missar, Jr.
USMC
1966-05-06
Quang Nam, RVN
Vietnam
Ground

1LT
Frank Monroe
Murphy
USA
1966-12-07
RVN
Vietnam
Ground

MAJ
Woodrow Wilson
Parker, II
USAF
1968-04-24
North Vietnam
Vietnam
Shot down

1LT
Arthur Clifton
Retzlaff
USA
1967-07-10
Kontum RVN
Vietnam
Ground

1LT
Stephen Winfield
Davis
USA
1967-08-18
Quang Tin, RVN
Vietnam
Ground

CPT
Thomas Walter
Foy
USA
1968-05-15
Binh Dinh, RVN
Vietnam
Ground

2LT
John Luther
Fuller, Jr.
USMC
1967-03-23
Quang Nam, RVN
Vietnam
Ground

CPT
Fred Orr
Jackson, Jr.
USA
1969-09-05
Binh Long, RVN
Vietnam
Shot down

1LT
Mark Mac Donald
Serrem
USA
1968-01-31
Pleiku, RVN
Vietnam
Ground

1LT
Fred Joshua
Carter
USAF
1969-11-05
Khanh Hoa, RVN
Vietnam
Air loss

CPT
Glenn Richard
Cook
USAF
1969-10-21
Ninh Thuan, RVN
Vietnam
MIA/Shot down

2LT
Frederick Young
Holjes
USA
1968-03-22
Thua Thien, RVN
Vietnam
Ground

HM2
William Livingston
Mc Cormick
USN
1969-03-07
Quang Nam, RVN
Vietnam
Ground

CPT
George Louis
Miner
USA
1969-08-17
Thua Thien, RVN
Vietnam
Shot down

SGT
Thomas Duckett
O'Connor
USMC
1968-01-03
Quang Nam, RVN
Vietnam
Ground

1LT
Richard William
O'Keefe
USAF
1971-02-11
Ninh Thuan, RVN
Vietnam
Air loss

CPT
George Thomas
Taylor, Jr.
USA
1971-05-21
Quang Tri, RVN
Vietnam
Ground

1LT
Bruce Richard
Welge
USA
1969-01-26
RVN
Vietnam
Ground

CPT
Barry Kenneth
Allmond
USAF
1972-05-11
Binh Long, RVN
Vietnam
Shot down

CPT
Ronald Anthony
Ashe
USAF
1972-07-30
U-Tapao RTAFB, Thailand
Vietnam
Air loss

1LT
John Fredrick
Bradman
USA
1970-02-18
Phuoc Long, RVN
Vietnam
Accident

1LT
Carl Alfred
Peterson
USA
1969-08-10
Thua Thien, RVN
Vietnam
Ground

1LT
Kenneth Martin
Schlie
USA
1970-10-20
Quang Ngai, RVN
Vietnam
Air loss

1LT
Charles E.
Suprenant, Jr.
USAF
1970-04-02
Dak Seang, RVN
Vietnam
Shot down

CPT
Robert Francis
Woodhouse, Jr.
USA
1970-07-07
Thua Thien, RVN
Vietnam
Shot down

1LT
Christopher L.
Clearwaters
USA
1971-02-20
Phuoc Long, RVN
Vietnam
Shot down

CPT
Joe Wofford
Eubanks
USA
1972-06-02
Pleiku, RVN
Vietnam
Shot down

CPT
Carter Avery
Howell
USAF
1972-03-07
Saravane, Laos
Vietnam
MIA/Shot down

WO1
Ephriam Rutledge
Liles, II
USA
1969-07-04
Phuoc Long, RVN
Vietnam
Shot down

1LT
Richard Glenn
Repole
USA
1970-07-08
Quang Ngai, RVN
Vietnam
Ground

SSG
Robert Francis
Scherdin
USA
1968-12-29
Cambodia
Vietnam
MIA/Ground

CPT
Michael F.
Ritz
USA
1983-10-26
Calliste, Grenada, 82nd Airborne
Grenada
KIA

1LT
Charles Jeffrey
Schnorf
USMC
1983-10-23
USMC Barracks, Beirut, Lebanon
Lebanon
KIA

CPT
Mario J.
Fajardo
USA
1991-02-26
Desert Storm, 27th ENG Bn (combat) (airborne) 20th ENG BDE
Persian Gulf War
KIA

LTC
Chad
Buehring
USA
2003-10-26
Baghdad, Iraq
War on Terrorism
KIA

MSG
Robert V.
Derenda
USA
2005-08-05
Iraq
War on Terrorism
KIA

Officer
Arsenio
Domingo Jr.
CPD
2006-01-07
Over Iraq
War on Terrorism
KIA

CPT
Patrick
McKenna
USA
1994-04-14
Over northern Iraq
War on Terrorism
KIA

CPT
Christopher
Kenny
USA
2004-05-03
Baghdad, Iraq
War on Terrorism
KIA

CPT
Benjamin
Sammis
USMC
2003-04-05
Over central Iraq
War on Terrorism
KIA

CPT
Daniel W.
Eggers
USA
2004-05-29
Afghanistan
War on Terrorism
KIA

MAJ
Brian Michael
Mescall
USA
2009-01-09
Jaldak, Afghanistan
War on Terrorism
KIA

LTJG
Peter
Ober
USN
2003-07-16
In air crash returning from combat
War on Terrorism
KIA

1LT
Shane
Childers
USMC
2003-03-21
Ramallah Oil Fields, Iraq
War on Terrorism
KIA

1LT
Dan Thomas
Malcom
USMC
2004-11-10
Fallujah, Iraq
War on Terrorism
KIA

1LT
Almar
Fitzgerald
USMC
2006-02-21
Iraq
War on Terrorism
KIA

Capt
Warren A.
Frank
USMC
2008-11-25
Biaj, Iraq
War on Terrorism
KIA

Capt
Ryan
Hall
USAF
2012-02-18
Killed during combat op in Afghanistan
War on Terrorism
KIA

1/Lt
Ryan
Rawl
SC Army National Guard
20 June 2012
Khost, Afghanistan
War on Terrorism
KIA

1LT
Joshua
Booth
USMC
2006-10-17
Iraq
War on Terrorism
KIA

LCPL
Timothy
Creager
USMC
2004-07-01
Iraq
War on Terrorism
KIA

SGT
Aaron X.
Wittman
USA
2013-01-10
Nangarhar Province, Afghanistan
War on Terrorism
KIA

LCPL
Jonathan A.
Taylor
USMC
2009-12-01
Helmand province of Afghanistan
War on Terrorism
KIA

ASUMountaineer
September 12th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Oy vey, Cit. You always have to ruin good smack talk. What's wrong with you?

**** bless those soldiers!*

ASUMountaineer
September 12th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Oy vey, Cit. You always have to ruin good smack talk. What's wrong with you?

**** bless those soldiers!*

BTW, still not sure why G o d is a bad word.

APaladindad
September 13th, 2013, 02:52 AM
well mountie you asked for it.

Class

Rank

First

Last

Unit

Date

Battle

War

Reason

Judah

Alexander

1847-06-19

Perote, Mexico

Mexican War

Battlefield Disease

J. H.

Howell

Palmetto Regiment

1847-11-06

Puebla, Mexico

Mexican War

KIA

McBelton

O'Nealle

1847-12

Churubrusco, Mexico

Mexican War

DOW

Col.

Charles C.

Tew

2nd NC

1862-09-17

Sharpsburg

Civil War

KIA

Lt. Col.

Augustus J.

Lythgoe

1st SC

1862-12-31

Stones River, TN

Civil War

KIA

Pearcall

Graham

1847-11-22

Mexico City

Mexican War

KIA

Lt. Col.

Franklin

Gaillard

2nd SC

1864-05-06

Wilderness, VA

Civil War

KIA

Eugene

Wilder

1847-08-20

Churubusco, Mexico

Mexican War

KIA

Cpt.

S. N.

Kennerly

1st SC

1864-08-21

Weldon RR, VA

Civil War

KIA

Cpt.

Thomas B.

Colding

Ga. Volun.

1863-06-13

Winchester, VA

Civil War

KIA

Lt. Col.

F. Gendron

Palmer

Holcombeā€™s Legion

1862-09-14

2nd Manassas, VA

Civil War

KIA

Col.

Edward J.

Walker

3rd Ga.

1864-08-21

Atlanta

Civil War

KIA

Cpt.

W. S.

Brewster

SCM 17th Reg

1862-12-11

Fredericksburg, VA

Civil War

KIA

William

Davant

1855-10-01

Ft. Duncan, Tx.

Indian Wars

KIA

Cpt.

T. W.

Fitzgerald

12th ALA

1864-03-06

Chancellorsville, VA

Civil War

KIA

Capt.

George E.

Gamble

SCM 3rd Reg

1861-09-14

James Is., SC

Civil War

KIA

Cpt.

H. B.

Housel

7th Fla.

Undetermined

Civil War

Undetermined

Allen H.

Little

Palmetto Regument

1854-08

Garita de Belen

Mexican War

WIA

Col.

R. A.

Palmer

2nd Miss.

1861-07-21

1st Manassas, VA (1st graduate KIA)

Civil War

KIA

Lt.

George

Seabrook

1st SC

1861-04-02

Morris Is., SC

Civil War

Battlefield Disease

Maj.

D. T.

Williams

2nd SC

1863-07-02

Gettysburg, PA

Civil War

KIA

Col.

D. G.

Fleming

22nd SC

1864-07-30

The Crater, VA

Civil War

MIA

Cpt.

C. T.

Haskell

1st SC

1863-07-10

Morris Is., SC

Civil War

KIA

BG

Micah

Jenkins

Army of No. VA

1864-05-06

Wilderness, VA

Civil War

KIA

Cpt.

J. S.

Palmer

10th SC

1864-07-22

Atlanta, GA

Civil War

KIA

Cpt.

J. M.

Dean

7 ARK.

1862-04-07

Shiloh, TN

Civil War

KIA

Cpt.

J. A.

Evans

1864-06-27

Kinnesaw Mt., TN

Civil War

KIA

Maj.

J. A.

Finch

6th SC

1862-08-30

2nd Manassas, VA

Civil War

KIA

Cpt.

J. H.

Hart

12th SC

1862-09-14

So. Mt., MD

Civil War

KIA

Col.

J. D.

Nance

3rd SC

1864-05-06

Wilderness, VA

Civil War

KIA

Cpt.

George A.

Ross

Ark. Vol.

Undetermined

Civil War

KIA

Col.

C. W.

McCreary

1st SC

1865-05-31

Gravely Run, SC

Civil War

KIA

Col.

William D.

Rutherford

3rd SC

1864-10-13

Strasburg, VA

Civil War

KIA

James E.

Delorme

Undetermined

Undetermined

Civil War

Undetermined

Cpt.

James L.

Litchfield

7th SC

1862-09-13

2nd Manassas, VA

Civil War

KIA

T. O.

McCaslan

1st SC

1862-08-30

2nd Manassas, VA

Civil War

KIA

Lt.

G. M.

McDowell

2nd SC

1863-07-03

Gettysburg, PA

Civil War

KIA

Col.

William H. J.

Mitchell

17th SC

1864-06-18

Petersburg, VA (1st MIA)

Civil War

MIA

Maj.

W. P.

Shooter

1st SC

1864-05-12

Spotsylvania, PA

Civil War

KIA

Col.

O. J.

Youmans

2nd SC

1864-05-06

Wilderness, VA

Civil War

KIA

Lt

William

Alisson

__

1862-05-04

Unknown

Civil War

KIA

Frank

DeCardeuc

1st SC

1863-11-03

Staunton, VA

Civil War

Battlefield Disease

Maj.

E. A.

Erwin

1st SC

1863-09-07

Morris Island, SC

Civil War

KIA

Capt.

Francis H.

Harleston

1st SC

1863-11-24

Ft. Sumter, SC

Civil War

KIA

2/Lt.

S. S.

Kirby

Palmetto Light Artillery

1865-02-02

Rivers Bridge, SC

Civil War

KIA

2/Lt.

Joshua

Moses

3rd Palmetto

1865-04-09

Ft. Blakely, Al.

Civil War

KIA

Cpt.

J.

Nettles

10th SC

1863-01-14

Undetermined

Civil War

Died while POW

Lt

Robert S.

Bryce

1863-09-22

Chicamauga, GA

Civil War

KIA

1/Lt.

James H.

Burns

6th NC

1863-07-02

Gettysburg, PA

Civil War

KIA

D. P.

Campbell

11th SC

1862-10-22

Pocataglio, SC

Civil War

KIA

Lt.

J. J.

Coward

5th SC

1862-06-01

Seven Pines, VA

Civil War

KIA

Capt.

Randall

Croft

16th SC SOW CADET

1862-07-26

Aiken, SC

Civil War

Battlefield disease

1/Lt

James

Horlbeck

3rd SC Arty SOW Cadet

died from wounds 13 Jan 1866

Avasboro, NC

Civil War

WIA

1/Lt.

John Dosier

Lee

9th SCV

1862-06-30

Gaines Mill, VA

Civil War

KIA

J. C.

Palmer

24th SC

1863-09-19

Chicamauga, GA

Civil War

KIA

Maj.

John Marshall

Whilden

23rd SC SOW Cadet

1862-08-30

2nd Manassas, VA

Civil War

KIA

Nicholas

Wilson

12th SC

1862-09-17

Sharpsburg, MD

Civil War

KIA

T. H.

Wylie

6th SC

Died of wounds1865-11-17

Seven Pines, VA 1862-06-05

Civil War

WIA

Lt

Thomas B.

Alisson

__

Died of wounds1866-10

In Virginia

Civil War

WIA 1865

Cpt.

G. B.

Dyer

2nd SC

1864-06-01

Cold Harbor, VA

Civil War

KIA

Capt.

G. M.

Lalane

25th SC

1863-07-30

James Island, SC

Civil War

KIA

Cadet Ranger

G. A

McDowell

6th SC

1864-02-09

Johns Island, SC

Civil War

KIA

William

McKewn

5th SC

1863-12-14

Fredericksburg, VA

Civil War

KIA

Lt.

J. T.

Norris

19th SC

1863-01-10

Stones River, TN

Civil War

KIA

2/Lt.

John A.

Craig

21st SC

1864-05-16

Drury's Bluff, VA

Civil War

KIA

J. B.

Dotterer

24th SC

1864-05-24

New Hope Church, GA

Civil War

KIA

Cadet Ranger

John S.

Dutart

6th SC Cavalry

1864-02-09

Johns Island, SC

Civil War

KIA

William

Gregg

21st SC

1863-06-29

Gaines Mill, VA

Civil War

KIA

P.

Hamilton

24th SC

1863-09-19

Chickamauga, GA

Civil War

KIA

Col.

M. B.

Humphrey

6th SC "Cadet Ranger"

1865-04-30

Bentonville, NC

Civil War

KIA

John C.

Neil

Palmetto Sharpshooters

1862-08-30

2nd Manassas, VA

Civil War

KIA

"Cadet Ranger"

W. J.

Nettles

6th SC Cavalry

1864-10-27

Franklin, TN

Civil War

KIA

Maj.

T.A.

Quattlebaum

7th SC SOW Cadet

1864-07-30

The Crater, VA

Civil War

MIA

William Mason

Smith

27th SC

1864-06-01

Cold Harbor, VA

Civil War

KIA

Cadet Ranger

A.W.

Dozier

6th SC

1869-06-02

POW Confinment

Civil War

Died from POW wounds

Cpt.

A. F.

Miller

1st SC

1864-11-30

Petersburg, VA

Civil War

KIA

"Cadet Ranger"

James O.

Sheppard

6th SC

1864-06-12

Trevilian Station, VA

Civil War

KIA

Cadet Ranger

Joseph

Willingham

__

Jan 1865

Fayettville, NC

Civil War

KIA

"Cadet Ranger"

Ross

Davis

6th SC

1864-06-12

Petersburg

Civil War

KIA

George W.

McKenzie

2nd SC

1864-01-04

Mt. Jackson, VA

Civil War

KIA

R. F.

Nichols

add 7th SC

1864-12-10

Undetermined

Civil War

Battlefield Disease

W. J. B.

Patterson

1864-12-07

Tulifinny Creek, SC (first cadet KIA)

Civil War

KIA

John

Culbreath

7th SC

1865-04-17

Undetermined

Civil War

Battlefield Disease

B. T.

Gibbs

16th SC

1864-03-12

Undetermined

Civil War

Battlefield Disease

H. S.

Morrison

1863-08-16

Undetermined

Civil War

Battlefield Disease

William

Ravenel

1863-08-23

Undetermined

Civil War

Battlefield Disease

Brooks

6th SC Cavalry

1864-06-12

Civil War

KIA

Joseph P.

Huger

Manigaults Battalion

1864-04-13

Ft. Sumter, SC

Civil War

KIA

Joseph E.

Sams

8th SC

1865-03-22

Undetermined

Civil War

Battlefield Disease

Albert O.

Brown

26th SC

1865-01-29

Undetermined

Civil War

Battlefield Disease

George O.

Buck

7th SC

1865-01-22

Undetermined

Civil War

Battlefield Disease

William

Goodwin

1873-05-04

Red River area

Indian Wars

KIA

George

Grant

18th SC

1865-03-21

Bentonville, NC

Civil War

MIA

Thomas Albert

Johnson

7th SC

1865-03-23

Undetermined

Civil War

Battlefield Disease

Osma

Knox

1864-11-28

Undetermined

Civil War

Battlefield Disease

Johnnie C.

Mangrum

26th SC

Undetermined

Civil War

Battlefield Wounds

Robert E.

Muldrow

25th SC

1865-04-07

Undetermined

Civil War

Battlefield Disease

Russell

Noble

7th SC

1865-01-12

Undetermined

Civil War

Battlefield Disease

W. McKenzie

Parker

1865-05-09

Williamston, SC (last confederate death)

Civil War

KIA

CDRE

James Alexander

Logan

USN

1943-09-04

over Northern Ireland

World War II

KIA

Maj.

Robert Henry

Willis, Jr.

Aircorps

1918-09-13

France

World War I

Friendly fire

1/Lt.

W. A.

Mulloy

1918-12-24

France

World War I

Hostile fire

Lt.

William Montague

Nicholls

British Artillery

1915-08-26

Loos, France

World War I

Hostile fire

1/Lt.

John Hodges

David

18th Inf.

1918-04-01

Ansuuile, France

World War I

Hostile fire

Cpt.

James Hill

Holmes

USA

1918-07-19

Soissons, France

World War I

Hostile fire

2/Lt.

James Karl

Bolton

USMC

1917-01-10

San Pedro de Mancoris, Dominican Republic

KIA

Maj.

William

Byrd

USMC

1928-03-09

Esteli, Nicaragua

KIA

MAJ

Wade Rushton

Cothran, Jr.

USA

1945-01-22

Died on Jap POW ship

World War II

KIA/POW

Cpt.

Julius Andrew

Mood, Jr.

USA

1918-07-21

Soissons, France.

World War I

Hostile fire

1/Lt.

George Hampton

Yarborough, Jr.

USMC

1918-06-27

Belleau Wood, France

World War I

Hostile fire

1/Lt_

Robert James

Cochran

8th Aero Sqdn.

1918-10-10

France

World War I

Shot down/Toul, Fr.

Lt.

Arthur Thomas

Elmore

1918-07-13

Belleau Wood, France

World War I

Hostile fire

1/Lt.

Richard G.

Howard

USMC

1919-08-14

Yuma, Dominican Republic

KIA

CPT

Wilton Earl

Davis

USA

1944-12-25

DNB France

World War II

KIA

CPT

Robert Clark

Hale

USA

1944-08-12

France

World War II

KIA

CPT

Joseph Lynn

McCarthy

USA

1945-01-09

World War II

KIA/POW

MAJ

Thomas Dry

Howie

USA

1944-07-17

St Lo, France, CO, 3rd Bn/116th Inf/29th Div

World War II

KIA

LT

Perry Moses

Phelps

USN

1945-03-10

DNB accident, Oran, Algeria

World War II

KIA

Maj

Lu

Shu-Chin

Chinese Army

Kunming, China

World War II

died of injuries

COL

George Roland

Weeks

USMC

1945-01-30

Died on prison ship enroute to Japan

World War II

KIA/POW

1LT

Forrest Hugh

Coleman, Jr.

USA

1944-11-20

Ardennes, Belgium

World War II

KIA

PVT

William Francis

Boyd

USMC

1945-02-27

Iwo Jima

World War II

KIA/MIA

TSGT

George Bryan

French

USAAC

1943-04-23

over North Africa

World War II

KIA/MIA

MAJ

Albert K.

Godwin

USA

1944-12-15

World War II

KIA/POW

1LT

Albert Starke

Hagood

USA

1945-03-23

crossing Rhine River, Germany

World War II

KIA

LDCR

Allard Barnwell

Heyward

USN

1944-06-06

D-Day, Normandy, France

World War II

KIA/MIA

CPT

Joseph Barre

Traywick

USA

1944-11-08

Germany, D-Day veteran

World War II

KIA

1LT

Alexander Beaty

Sherard

USA

1943-07-14

DOW South Pacific

World War II

KIA

1LT

Pope Lott

Browne

USAAC

1944-10-24

World War II

KIA/POW

1LT

Benjamin Henry

Ivey

USA

1945-01-09

France

World War II

KIA

1LT

Allen Jones

Jervey, Jr.

USA

1942-06-17

DOW Pacific

World War II

KIA

FLT LT

Charles Pritchard

Lesesne

RCAF

1945-03-31

over Luneburg. Germany

World War II

KIA

1LT

Franklin Merle

Shaw

USA

1944-04-20

Nurmea, New Caldonia

World War II

KIA

CPT

Arthur Calvin

Griffin, Jr.

USA

1944-08-07

France

World War II

KIA

PVT

Beverly W.

Mitchell

USA

1942-11-21

DNB SW Pacific

World War II

KIA

2LT

Harry Grimshaw

Bowers

USA

1943-12-21

Italy

World War II

KIA

CPT

George Brown

Gregory, Jr.

USA

1945-05-06

Okinawa

World War II

KIA

1LT

Wade Hampton

Britt, Jr.

USMC

1943-04-13

South Pacific

World War II

KIA

2LT

James Tredway

Dixon

USA

1944-07-27

St Lo, France

World War II

KIA

SGT

Furman Henry

Finklea

USA

1944-08-30

Normandy, France

World War II

KIA

1LT

Ralph Palmer

Ford, Jr.

USA

1944-12-15

Died on Enowra Maru enroute to Japan

World War II

KIA/POW

ENS

Claude Jackson

Gasque, Jr.

USNR

1943-08-10

Lost aboard USS Quincy (CA-39) at Guadalcanal

World War II

KIA/MIA

2LT

Grady Cannon

Corley

USA

1944-06-05

Myitkyiana, Burma

World War II

KIA

MAJ

James Lee

Land

USA

1943-10-04

Italy

World War II

KIA

Cpt

Maxwell Farmer

Parrott

USA

1944-12-04

Unknown location

World War II

KIA

LTC

Tom Mulloy

Trotti

USMC

1945-02-22

Iwo Jima

World War II

KIA

CPT

Stephen Munger

Byars, Jr.

USA

1944-12-15

World War II

KIA/POW

COX

Eugene Rice

Cowan

USN

1944-04-28

Atlantic

World War II

KIA

LCDR

Robert Cleveland

Evins

USN

1944-06-17

over South Pacific

World War II

KIA/MIA

BG

Charles Jack

Girard

USA

1970-01-17

Gia Dinh, RVN

Vietnam

Illness

1LT

Roy Hamilton

Long, Jr.

USAAC

1945-04-29

over Pacific

World War II

KIA

LT

Jack Alger

Mahony, Jr.

USN

1943-07-01

Pacific

World War II

KIA/MIA

LTC

George Bray

McMillan

USAAC

1944-06-24

over Pingsang,China ( Flying Tigers)

World War II

KIA

Capt

Manning Lionel

Nelson, Jr.

USN

1945-04-28

Kerema Islands (off Okinawa)

World War II

KIA

BG

Tang

Tieh Chin

Chinese Army

04/1944

China

World War II

KIA

1LT

Harold Bradford

Chandler, Jr.

USA

1942-12-05

Phillipines

World War II

KIA

CPT

Clough Farrar

Gee, III

USA

1944-06-07

D-Day +1, Normandy, France

World War II

KIA

1LT

Thomas Edward

Goodson, Jr.

USA

1944-06-14

over France

World War II

KIA/MIA

2LT

Ernest Scott

Haile, II

USA

1944-09-07

Died on Shinyo Maru enrouye to Japan

World War II

KIA/POW

1LT

Richard Brady

Knapp

USA

1944-08-23

France

World War II

KIA

2LT

George Rhea

Land, Jr.

USAAC

1943-04-02

over La Fauconnerie, Tunisia

World War II

KIA

LT

Peter Nicholas

Meros

USNR

1945-06-07

Pacific

World War II

KIA/MIA

1LT

Lindsay Baker

Milikin

USA

1943-09-14

DOW Pacific

World War II

KIA

1LT

Edwin Karl

Newman

USA

1945-02-26

Europe

World War II

KIA

1LT

Ernest Ferdinand

Peschau, Jr.

USAAC

1944-06-08

World War II

KIA/POW

2LT

Harry Ferrell

Stallings, Jr.

USAAC

1945-04-16

over Guam

World War II

KIA/MIA

PVT

Henry Major

Taylor

USA

1944-06-06

D-Day, Normandy, France, 82nd AB Div

World War II

KIA

1LT

Frank Leslie

Vernon

USA

1945-05-29

Okinawa

World War II

KIA

1LT

Henry Liles

Allen

USAAC

1944-02-25

over Germany on 1st combat mission

World War II

KIA

1LT

Joseph

Andrews

USAAC

1944-08-15

over France

World War II

KIA

2LT

Alton Houston

Bryant

USAAC

1944-12-15

Died on Oryoku Maru enroute to Japan

World War II

KIA/POW

2LT

Joseph Plowden

Cole

USAAC

1942-07-15

over Australia

World War II

KIA/MIA

2LT

Charles Herbert

Cooper

USAAC

1942-08-28

over Alaska

World War II

KIA/MIA

1LT

Peter Franklin

Cureton, Jr.

USAAC

1944-11-21

over France

World War II

KIA

2LT

John Shipp

Daniel

USAAC

1942-10-27

World War II

KIA/POW

1LT

Walter Guy

Efird, Jr.

USA

1944-09-07

World War II

KIA/POW

MAJ

William Haselden

Ellerbe

USA

1945-05-26

over Pacific (Body not recovered)

World War II

KIA/MIA

2LT

William Herbert

Ellis, Jr.

USA

1945-01-09

World War II

KIA

1LT

Wilson

Glover, III

USAAC

1945-01-27

World War II

KIA/POW

1LT

Francis Vernon

Lael

USAAC

1944-04-05

over Italy

World War II

KIA/MIA

1LT

John Thomas

Leonard, Jr.

USA

1944-12-13

World War II

KIA/POW

1LT

Landon Dwight

Long

USAAC

1942-06-03

over Lashio, Burma

World War II

KIA/MIA

CPT

Thomas Hutson

Martin, Jr.

USA

1945-02-08

DOW France

World War II

KIA

1LT

John Bernard

Mayes

USAAC

1942-12-18

over Tunis, Tunisia

World War II

KIA

2LT

John Isaac

Moore, III

USA

1944-10-24

World War II

KIA/POW

LTC

Julius Elliot

O'Neal

USAF

1951-10-23

MIA over Inchon, South Korea, still MIA

Korean War

KIA/MIA

1LT

Rufus Alexander

Oliphant, Jr.

USAAC

1943-02-15

over Europe

World War II

KIA/MIA

1LT

Walter Scott

Strong, Jr.

USA

1945-02-02

Died on Brazil Maru enroute to Japan

World War II

KIA/POW

CPT

James Goodlett

Thornton, Jr.

USA

1944-09-14

Europe

World War II

KIA/MIA

1LT

Herbert B.

Bass

USMC

1943-03-05

Guadalcanel

World War II

KIA

1LT

Herman B.

Brown, Jr.

USA

1943-09-06

New Guinea

World War II

KIA

CPL

William Henderson

Coffield, Jr.

USAAC

1942-07-09

Died at Calauag Tayabas, Phillipines

World War II

KIA/POW

2LT

Richard Furman

Dabbs

USMC

1942-09-15

over Caribbean

World War II

KIA/MIA

ENS

Charles Emil

Eichenberger, Jr.

USN

1942-09-12

over the Solomans, DE-202 named for him

World War II

KIA

1LT

Walter Raymond

Erness

USAAC

1942-09-13

over North Africa

World War II

KIA

ENS

Herman John

Gerdes, Jr.

USN

1944-07-02

Lost aboard sub USS Robaco (SS-273)

World War II

KIA/MIA

SSG

Jack Willis

Holt

USAAC

1943-10-16

over New Guinea

World War II

KIA

1LT

Thomas Lea

Hutchings, Jr.

USA

1944-09-16

Europe with 28th Division

World War II

KIA

1LT

Clark Lewis

Knotts

USA

1944-08-06

France

World War II

KIA

1LT

John Catlett

Martin

USAAC

1943-01-07

over New Guinea

World War II

KIA

1LT

Benjamin Willis

Mills, Jr.

USA

1944-09-07

Paliseul, Belgium

World War II

KIA

LTJG

Harry Hampton

Salley

USN

1944-05-20

DOW Brooklyn Naval Hospital

World War II

KIA

CPT

Jerome Chris

Serros

USAAC

1944-11-02

over Europe

World War II

KIA

SGT

Charles Henry

Sims

USA

1945-07-12

DOW near Manila, Phillipines

World War II

KIA

MAJ

William Kirkland

Stewart

USMC

1945-02-25

Pacific

World War II

KIA/MIA

1LT

William Robert

Werden, Jr.

USAAC

1942-12-15

over Herbert River Australia

World War II

KIA

ENS

Henry Purefoy

Whitehurst, Jr.

USN

1942-08-09

Lost aboard USS Astoria; DE-634 named for him

World War II

KIA/MIA

1LT

Charles Clarence

Young, Jr.

USAAC

1944-03-23

over Oldenburg, Germany

World War II

KIA

1LT

Burt Williams

Andrews, Jr.

USA

1946-11-03

DOW received in battle - Naples-Foggia, Italy

World War II

KIA

1LT

Robert Moffatt

Brice

USA

1944-06-06

D-Day, Pointe du Hoc, 2nd Ranger Bn

World War II

KIA

1LT

Joseph Dexter

Brown, Jr.

USA

1944-06-25

DOW Italy

World War II

KIA

1LT

William Gadsden

Daniels

USAAC

1944-10-06

over Germany

World War II

KIA/MIA

CPT

William Jacob

DeWitt

USA

1945-02-18

DOW received in battle - Italy

World War II

KIA

1LT

Roy Robin

English, Jr.

USAAC

1945-03-22

over Heidelberg, Germany (55th mission)

World War II

KIA

CPT

Thomas Brown

Gautier, Jr.

USA

1944-12-09

DOW Europe

World War II

KIA

CPL

Theodore

Hanford

USA

1944-12-25

World War II

KIA

1LT

Gilmer Herriott

Holton, Jr.

USAAC

1942-06-07

over Battle of Midway

World War II

KIA/MIA

CPT

Norwood Thomas

Jenkins

USA

1944-02-17

DNB Battlefield Disease - New Guinea

World War II

KIA

1LT

Franklyn Madden

Ketchum

USA

1944-08-16

France

World War II

KIA

CPT

Ralph Emory

Kibler, Jr.

USAAC

1944-05-11

over France

World War II

KIA

PFC

Gordon Ackly

Littlefield

USMC

1951-03-17

South Korea

Korean War

KIA

1LT

Roland Louis

Luerich, Jr.

USA

1944-06-04

DOW Italy

World War II

KIA

CPT

James Lawrence

Manning

USA

1944-12-21

over Bleialf, Germany

World War II

KIA

1LT

Harold Burris

Morse

USAAC

1945-02-04

over China

World War II

KIA

CPT

Robert Edward

Poland

USAAC

1943-04-04

over Liberia, North Africa

World War II

KIA/MIA

CPT

Hugh Corbin

Rogers

USAAC

1944-12-21

over China

World War II

KIA/MIA

1LT

William Milling

Royall

USA

1944-11-19

Europe

World War II

KIA

1LT

Fred Burnham

Shifflet, Jr.

USAAC

1943-03-03

over Battle of the Bismark Sea

World War II

KIA/MIA

2LT

James Theodore

Baugh

USMC

1945-02-24

Iwo Jima

World War II

KIA

LTJG

Frederick William

Beidelman, Jr.

USNR

1944-10-26

Soloman Islands

World War II

KIA/MIA

2LT

Jesse Wooten

Booker, III

USMC

1944-08-27

Tinian

World War II

KIA

2LT

John Russell

Ferris

USMC

1945-02-23

Iwo Jima

World War II

KIA

1LT

Jack Johnston

Foster

USA

1945-01-06

World War II

KIA

1LT

John Hobson

Franks

USAAC

1944-12-31

over Japan

World War II

KIA/MIA

1LT

Harry Vance

Johnson, Jr.

USA

1945-04-03

Germany

World War II

KIA

2LT

Robert Edward

Murphy

USAAC

1943-11-02

Rabaul, New Britain

World War II

KIA/MIA

2LT

Bruce Curtis

Robbins

USA

1945-01-03

World War II

KIA

2LT

Martin Frederick

Schnibben, Jr.

USA

1945-02-12

DOW while German POW, previously MIA

World War II

KIA/POW

CPT

Molten Ancrum

Shuler, Jr.

USA

1952-08-24

Chorwon, North Korea WIA 6/16/52

Korean War

KIA

CPL

William Cleveland

Whitley, Jr.

USA

1944-11-04

France

World War II

KIA

1LT

George Blalock

Browning

USA

1945-01-04

World War II

KIA

PFC

Thompson Gallety

Dicks

USA

1944-06-06

D-Day, Omaha Beach, 116 Inf/29 Div

World War II

KIA

2LT

Richard Louis

Engel

USAAC

1944-12-31

over Germany

World War II

KIA

SGT

Owen Willoughby

Fields, Jr.

USA

1944-07-13

Normandy, France, 22nd Inf/4th Div

World War II

KIA

2LT

Creswell

Garlington, Jr.

USA

1944-12-03

World War II

KIA

CPL

Woodfin Grady

Gaston, Jr.

USA

1945-01-19

France

World War II

KIA

1LT

Walter Edward

Gibson

USA

1944-06-11

France

World War II

KIA

1LT

Ralph Alexander

Hardee

USA

1944-08-09

Brittany, France

World War II

KIA

1LT

Enon Walter

Harvey, Jr.

USAAC

1945-07-13

over Bonin Islands

World War II

KIA/MIA

1LT

William Alvin

Henson, II

USAAC

1944-09-28

over Magdeburg, Germany

World War II

KIA

2LT

Caswell Marbury

Higgs

USA

1945-03-28

Germany

World War II

KIA

2LT

Arthur Bradlee

Hunt, Jr.

USA

1944-11-21

Europe

World War II

KIA

SGT

John Evans

James, Jr.

USA

1944-12-25

Germany

World War II

KIA

PFC

Harvey Robert

Kolker

USA

1945-01-10

World War II

KIA

1LT

Richard Lee

Mann

USAAC

1944-04-20

over France

World War II

KIA

CPT

William Kennedy

Mauldin

USAF

1952-02-21

over Sinan-ri, North Korea

Korean War

KIA

1LT

Archibald Solomon

Mills, Jr.

USAAC

1943-09-21

over South Pacific

World War II

KIA

2LT

Edwin Browning

Moore

USA

1945-03-01

Belgium

World War II

KIA

PFC

William John

Nally

USAAC

1945-06-25

Mindoro Island, Phillipines

World War II

KIA

1LT

Richard Paul

Padgett

USA

1945-04-30

South Pacific

World War II

KIA

1LT

Paul

Richardson

USAAC

1944-06-27

over Europe

World War II

KIA

1LT

Herman Franklin

Ridenour

USAAC

1944-04-10

over Yangkai AB, China

World War II

KIA

SGT

Marvin

Roth

USA

1945-04-25

Germany

World War II

KIA

1LT

Albert Harold

Sims

USAAC

1945-03-28

over Chungking, China

World War II

KIA/MIA

2LT

Samuel Rigby

Sprott, Jr.

USAAC

1944-03-20

over Germany (Body not recovered)

World War II

KIA/MIA

1LT

Charles Marion

Thirlkeld, Jr.

USA

1945-01-03

World War II

KIA

1LT

Richard Harry

Whitaker

USAAC

1944-06-30

over Lake Balaton, Hungary

World War II

KIA

PFC

Andrew Nourse

Alexander, Jr

USA

1945-08-10

DNB Battlefield Disease - Kunming, China

World War II

KIA

CPL

Joseph

Altomari

USA

1945-05-10

DNB Germany

World War II

KIA

SSG

Hugh Van Der Veer

Batchelder

USA

1945-01-01

Phillipsbourg, France

World War II

KIA

CPL

Robert Alexander

Bates

USA

1944-11-03

Holland

World War II

KIA

PFC

Frederick Scott

Campbell, Jr.

USAAC

1945-05-26

over Tokyo, Japan

World War II

KIA

PFC

Archelaus Augustus

Drake, III

USA

1944-12-05

Ratzweiller, France

World War II

KIA

SSGT

Griffeth Harrison

Fort

USAAC

1944-12-17

over Deutsch-Lieben, Czechoslovakia

World War II

KIA

1LT

Henry David

Fulmer, Jr.

USAAC

1944-12-19

over Europe

World War II

KIA

2LT

James Guy

Gilbert, Jr.

USAAC

1944-12-23

over Germany

World War II

KIA

PVT

Harry Frierson

Hendry, Jr.

USA

1945-01-13

Luxembourg

World War II

KIA

1LT

James Culpeper

Hill, Jr.

USAAC

1945-02-20

over Kawasakia, Japan

World War II

KIA/MIA

SSGT

Lucius Joseph

Jumper

USAAC

1945-01-02

over Pacific

World War II

KIA/MIA

PVT

Vestal

Malone

USA

1946-01-05

DOW suffered during The Battle of the Bulge

World War II

KIA

S1C

Joy McDowell

Marriott, Jr.

USN

1945-05-03

Lost aboard Sub USS Lagarto SS-371) off Malay

World War II

KIA/MIA

1LT

Frederick Davenport

Melton

USA

1944-10-03

Holland

World War II

KIA

PVT

James Hollenbeck

Morehouse, Jr.

USA

1945-03-18

Germany

World War II

KIA

PFC

John Wilber

Peterson

USA

1945-03-06

Germany

World War II

KIA

PVT

David Prichard

Pilson

USMC

1945-04-10

Okinawa

World War II

KIA

PFC

Marion

Stuckey

USA

1945-01-04

Europe

World War II

KIA

1LT

John Mason Whiting

Stulz

USAAC

1945-08-01

over China/Burma/India Theater

World War II

KIA/MIA

PFC

Wilson Adelbert

Wendt

USA

1945-04-11

Germany

World War II

KIA

1LT

Jack Brinson

Whitaker

USMC

1944-12-31

South Pacific

World War II

KIA

SSG

Raleigh Blackwell

Batten

USAAC

1945-03-11

over Germany

World War II

KIA

1LT

William Beattie

Bendure

USA

1945-01-27

Sinz, Germany

World War II

KIA

Richard

Burns

1944-09-01

over Southern France

World War II

KIA/MIA

2LT

Thomas E.

Campbell, Jr.

USAAC

1945-03-24

over Germany

World War II

KIA

SGT

Frank William

Cantillion

USA

1944-05-02

Italy

World War II

KIA

PVT

Ross L.

Carmichael

USA

1944-02-23

Italy (Body not recovered)

World War II

KIA/MIA

SGT

Gerald Richard

Casey

USMC

1945-02-21

Iwo Jima

World War II

KIA

SGT

Edward Gray

Cherry, Jr.

USA

1945-03-15

Germany

World War II

KIA

CPL

John Henry

Cotter

USMC

1945-02-19

Iwo Jima

World War II

KIA

PVT

Walter Steele

Covington, Jr.

USA

1944-12-09

Vossenack, Germany

World War II

KIA

1LT

Joseph Ambrose

Doyle, Jr.

USAAC

1945-04-28

over Italy

World War II

KIA

PFC

Joseph Gibbs

Ferrel

USA

1944-11-17

Aachen, Germany

World War II

KIA

SGT

John Lawrence

Glynn, Jr.

USA

1945-01-28

Belgium

World War II

KIA

SGT

Jule

Hancock, Jr.

USAAC

1944-10-14

over Yugoslavia (Body not recovered)

World War II

KIA/MIA

SSGT

James William

Hendon, Jr.

USAAC

1945-03-01

over Belgium

World War II

KIA

PFC

Harry Bell

Launius, Jr.

USA

1945-01-27

Nenning, Germany

World War II

KIA

PVT

John Bunyan

McMillan, Jr.

USA

1944-12-30

Nenning, Germany

World War II

KIA

1LT

Richard Heilman

Metzger

USAAC

1945-05-12

over Germany

World War II

KIA

PVT

Fielding Jessup

Nelson

USA

1944-06-02

Anzio Beachhead

World War II

KIA

SSG

Kingsley Robert

Pearse

USA

1944-11-14

France

World War II

KIA

2LT

John Eugene

Pound

USAF

1952-02-22

over Tsu Bu, South Korea

Korean War

KIA

SGT

James Calvin

Raymond

USAAC

1945-04-02

over Germany

World War II

KIA

PFC

James Davis

Rembert

USA

1945-04-14

Germany

World War II

KIA

1LT

David Albert

Robins

USAAC

1944-07-21

over Salsburg, Austria

World War II

KIA/MIA

SSG

Robert Cowan

Rolph

USA

1945-02-25

Haverhof, Germany

World War II

KIA

PVT

Waverly Owen

Skidmore

USA

1944-10-13

Germany

World War II

KIA

SGT

Henry Sylvain

Solomon

USAAC

1945-03-10

over Tokyo, Japan

World War II

KIA/MIA

CPL

William Arthur

Teague, II

USAAC

1945-07-01

over Japan

World War II

KIA

PVT

Charles Alister

Witsell, Jr.

USA

1944-05-26

Italy

World War II

KIA

SSG

Thomas Franklin

Woodhead

USA

1944-12-10

Obergrich, Germany

World War II

KIA

PFC

John Kenneth

Zahn, Jr.

USA

1944-09-11

France

World War II

KIA/MIA

2LT

Solomon Lee

Van Meter, III

USMC

1953-07-09

South Korea

Korean War

KIA

PVT

Thomas Edward

Hinton, Jr.

USMC

1945-12-05

North China

World War II

KIA

1LT

Wesley Hartwell

Johnson

USA

1950-07-27

Hadong, South Korea

Korean War

KIA

2LT

Frank Elwood

Bloomenshine

USA

1950-08-25

South Korea

Korean War

KIA

1LT

James Futrell

Exley

USA

1951-04-05

North Korea

Korean War

KIA

1LT

William Calvin

Hall

USA

1951-04-25

Uijonbu, South Korea

Korean War

KIA

1LT

John William

Hill, Jr.

USMC

1952-09-10

over Pohang, South Korea

Korean War

KIA

1LT

Edmund Jones

Lilly, III

USA

1950-09-03

South Korea

Korean War

KIA

2LT

Edward Rutledge

Ravenel, III

USA

1950-09-05

Hill 303, South Korea

Korean War

KIA

1LT

Herman Louis

Falk, Jr.

USA

1951-05-31

Died while POW (2/12/51)

Korean War

KIA/POW

1LT

William Henry

McLellan

USA

1951-09-19

North Korea

Korean War

KIA

2LT

William Kendrick

Mordecai

USA

1950-11-15

Wonsan Harbor, South Korea

Korean War

KIA

1LT

Clyde P.

Padgett, Jr.

USA

1951-01-03

Seoul, South Korea

Korean War

KIA

1LT

Richard Tarlton

Smock

USA

1951-06-06

Chollyon-Dong North Korea DSC

Korean War

KIA

1LT

Bob Pearce

Cannon

USAF

1952-12-04

over Suwon AF, South Korea

Korean War

KIA

1LT

James Franklin

Davis

USAF

1953-05-10

over South Korea

Korean War

KIA/MIA

PVT

William Clyde

Fowler

USA

1951-01-30

South Korea

Korean War

KIA

1LT

Myrth Jimmie

Killingsworth

USA

1952-10-14

North Korea

Korean War

KIA

LTC

Rodolph Lee

Nunn, Jr.

USAF

1968-06-06

Quang Tri, RVN

Vietnam

Shot down

2LT

Thomas Preston

Pearce

USA

1952-08-12

North Korea

Korean War

KIA

MAJ

Sam Michael

Savas, Jr.

USA

1965-10-12

RVN

Vietnam

Stroke

SGT

Desmond K.

Wilkerson

USAF

1950-11-28

over Sinanjo AF, North Korea

Korean War

KIA

MAJ

Amos Oliver

Fox

USAF

1968-04-23

Ninh Thuan, RVN

Vietnam

Air loss

MAJ

Richard Herman

Schmidt

USA

1966-05-17

RVN

Vietnam

Ground

LTC

William Robert

Spillers

USAF

1969-12-17

Binh Duong, RVN

Vietnam

Shot down

CPT

Donald Bryant

Button

USAF

1968-05-24

Thailand

Vietnam

Air loss

LTC

Robert Henry

Carter, Jr.

USA

1969-05-27

Kontum, RVN

Vietnam

Ground

MAJ

Leo Michael

Donker

USA

1966-04-03

RVN

Vietnam

Ground

MAJ

Roger Lee

Graham

USA

1969-06-10

Quang Nam, RVN

Vietnam

Ground

MAJ

James Westley

Ayers

USMC

1967-05-26

Quang Tri, RVN

Vietnam

Ground

CPT

Terry Denver

Cordell

USA

1962-10-15

RVN

Vietnam

Shot down

CPT

Thomas Joseph

Margle

USAF

1968-02-15

Ninh Thuan, RVN

Vietnam

Shot down

1LT

Raymond Edgar

Doyle, Jr.

USAF

1963-04-12

Thailand

Vietnam

Air loss

CPT

Clarence Larry

Moorer

USA

1963-12-12

RVN

Vietnam

Shot down

CPT

Hugh Reavis

Nelson

USA

1966-06-05

RVN

Vietnam

Shot down

CPT

David John Wick

Widder

USA

1965-03-24

RVN

Vietnam

Shot down

MAJ

William Esley

Wood, Jr.

USAF

1971-04-21

Quang Tri, RVN

Vietnam

Air loss

CPT

John Werner

Carlson

USAF

1966-12-07

Tay Ninh, RVN

Vietnam

MIA/Shot down

LCDR

Jere Alen

Barton

USN

1970-06-07

Kien Tuong, RVN

Vietnam

Shot down

MAJ

Samuel Richard

Bird

USA

1984-10-18

Bong Son, RVN

Vietnam

WIA Jan 27, '67

MAJ

James Terry

Jackson

USAF

1972-03-23

Laos

Vietnam

MIA/Shot down

CPT

Benjamin Edward

Kelly, Jr.

USA

1967-08-30

Bihn Dinh, RVN

Vietnam

Ground

CPT

Thomas Curtis

Metsker

USA

1965-11-14

Ia Drang Valley, RVN

Vietnam

Ground

CPT

William David Howsa

Ragin

USA

1964-08-20

Kien Hoa,RVN

Vietnam

Ground

MAJ

David Bruce

Tucker

USA

1967-10-01

RVN

Vietnam

Shot down

CPT

William Forman

Abernethy

USA

1967-07-21

Long Khanh, RVN

Vietnam

Ground

CPT

Henry Albert

Deutsch

USA

1965-05-11

RVN

Vietnam

Ground

CPT

Thomas Simcock

Hubbell

USMC

1967-12-27

Thua Thien, RVN

Vietnam

Ground

CPT

Kurt Lloyd

Kuhns, Sr.

USA

1967-09-08

RVN

Vietnam

Air loss

CPT

Richard Edward

Legate

USA

1967-03-25

RVN

Vietnam

Ground

CPT

William Daniel

Sands, III

USA

1967-03-22

Pleiku, RVN

Vietnam

Ground

Capt

William A.

Thomas

USAF

1972-04-21

RVN

Vietnam

Air Loss

CPT

Sam Festis

Beach, Jr.

USAF

1968-01-17

Quang Tri, RVN

Vietnam

Shot down

2/Lt.

Davis J.

Boardman

USA

1968-02-01

Ground Long An, RVN

Vietnam

KIA

MAJ

Robert Gerald

Hunter

USAF

1966-05-25

over Ban-Ban,Laos

Vietnam

Shot down

1LT

Richard Mershon

Milikin, III

USAF

1967-08-20

North Vietnam

Vietnam

MIA/Shot down

2LT

Phillip Jacob

Moog

USA

1966-08-10

RVN

Vietnam

Ground

Unk

Viruch

Tangnoi

RTA

1968-06-25

Unknown

Vietnam

Royal Thai Army?

CPT

Charles Edward

Heine

USA

1969-01-03

RVN

Vietnam

Shot down

CPT

Anthony George

Prior

USA

1968-05-27

Binh Long, RVN

Vietnam

Shot down

2LT

Richard James

Regan

USMC

1965-08-11

Quang Nam, RVN

Vietnam

Ground

1LT

James Clinton

Tarkenton, III

USA

1967-03-19

Binh Duong, RVN

Vietnam

Ground

1LT

William Judson

Thomason

USA

2006-01-15

Vietnam

WIA Nov '66

1LT

Hugh William

Wellons

USA

1966-10-13

RVN

Vietnam

Ground

2LT

Joseph Cyril

Missar, Jr.

USMC

1966-05-06

Quang Nam, RVN

Vietnam

Ground

1LT

Frank Monroe

Murphy

USA

1966-12-07

RVN

Vietnam

Ground

MAJ

Woodrow Wilson

Parker, II

USAF

1968-04-24

North Vietnam

Vietnam

Shot down

1LT

Arthur Clifton

Retzlaff

USA

1967-07-10

Kontum RVN

Vietnam

Ground

1LT

Stephen Winfield

Davis

USA

1967-08-18

Quang Tin, RVN

Vietnam

Ground

CPT

Thomas Walter

Foy

USA

1968-05-15

Binh Dinh, RVN

Vietnam

Ground

2LT

John Luther

Fuller, Jr.

USMC

1967-03-23

Quang Nam, RVN

Vietnam

Ground

CPT

Fred Orr

Jackson, Jr.

USA

1969-09-05

Binh Long, RVN

Vietnam

Shot down

1LT

Mark Mac Donald

Serrem

USA

1968-01-31

Pleiku, RVN

Vietnam

Ground

1LT

Fred Joshua

Carter

USAF

1969-11-05

Khanh Hoa, RVN

Vietnam

Air loss

CPT

Glenn Richard

Cook

USAF

1969-10-21

Ninh Thuan, RVN

Vietnam

MIA/Shot down

2LT

Frederick Young

Holjes

USA

1968-03-22

Thua Thien, RVN

Vietnam

Ground

HM2

William Livingston

Mc Cormick

USN

1969-03-07

Quang Nam, RVN

Vietnam

Ground

CPT

George Louis

Miner

USA

1969-08-17

Thua Thien, RVN

Vietnam

Shot down

SGT

Thomas Duckett

O'Connor

USMC

1968-01-03

Quang Nam, RVN

Vietnam

Ground

1LT

Richard William

O'Keefe

USAF

1971-02-11

Ninh Thuan, RVN

Vietnam

Air loss

CPT

George Thomas

Taylor, Jr.

USA

1971-05-21

Quang Tri, RVN

Vietnam

Ground

1LT

Bruce Richard

Welge

USA

1969-01-26

RVN

Vietnam

Ground

CPT

Barry Kenneth

Allmond

USAF

1972-05-11

Binh Long, RVN

Vietnam

Shot down

CPT

Ronald Anthony

Ashe

USAF

1972-07-30

U-Tapao RTAFB, Thailand

Vietnam

Air loss

1LT

John Fredrick

Bradman

USA

1970-02-18

Phuoc Long, RVN

Vietnam

Accident

1LT

Carl Alfred

Peterson

USA

1969-08-10

Thua Thien, RVN

Vietnam

Ground

1LT

Kenneth Martin

Schlie

USA

1970-10-20

Quang Ngai, RVN

Vietnam

Air loss

1LT

Charles E.

Suprenant, Jr.

USAF

1970-04-02

Dak Seang, RVN

Vietnam

Shot down

CPT

Robert Francis

Woodhouse, Jr.

USA

1970-07-07

Thua Thien, RVN

Vietnam

Shot down

1LT

Christopher L.

Clearwaters

USA

1971-02-20

Phuoc Long, RVN

Vietnam

Shot down

CPT

Joe Wofford

Eubanks

USA

1972-06-02

Pleiku, RVN

Vietnam

Shot down

CPT

Carter Avery

Howell

USAF

1972-03-07

Saravane, Laos

Vietnam

MIA/Shot down

WO1

Ephriam Rutledge

Liles, II

USA

1969-07-04

Phuoc Long, RVN

Vietnam

Shot down

1LT

Richard Glenn

Repole

USA

1970-07-08

Quang Ngai, RVN

Vietnam

Ground

SSG

Robert Francis

Scherdin

USA

1968-12-29

Cambodia

Vietnam

MIA/Ground

CPT

Michael F.

Ritz

USA

1983-10-26

Calliste, Grenada, 82nd Airborne

Grenada

KIA

1LT

Charles Jeffrey

Schnorf

USMC

1983-10-23

USMC Barracks, Beirut, Lebanon

Lebanon

KIA

CPT

Mario J.

Fajardo

USA

1991-02-26

Desert Storm, 27th ENG Bn (combat) (airborne) 20th ENG BDE

Persian Gulf War

KIA

LTC

Chad

Buehring

USA

2003-10-26

Baghdad, Iraq

War on Terrorism

KIA

MSG

Robert V.

Derenda

USA

2005-08-05

Iraq

War on Terrorism

KIA

Officer

Arsenio

Domingo Jr.

CPD

2006-01-07

Over Iraq

War on Terrorism

KIA

CPT

Patrick

McKenna

USA

1994-04-14

Over northern Iraq

War on Terrorism

KIA

CPT

Christopher

Kenny

USA

2004-05-03

Baghdad, Iraq

War on Terrorism

KIA

CPT

Benjamin

Sammis

USMC

2003-04-05

Over central Iraq

War on Terrorism

KIA

CPT

Daniel W.

Eggers

USA

2004-05-29

Afghanistan

War on Terrorism

KIA

MAJ

Brian Michael

Mescall

USA

2009-01-09

Jaldak, Afghanistan

War on Terrorism

KIA

LTJG

Peter

Ober

USN

2003-07-16

In air crash returning from combat

War on Terrorism

KIA

1LT

Shane

Childers

USMC

2003-03-21

Ramallah Oil Fields, Iraq

War on Terrorism

KIA

1LT

Dan Thomas

Malcom

USMC

2004-11-10

Fallujah, Iraq

War on Terrorism

KIA

1LT

Almar

Fitzgerald

USMC

2006-02-21

Iraq

War on Terrorism

KIA

Capt

Warren A.

Frank

USMC

2008-11-25

Biaj, Iraq

War on Terrorism

KIA

Capt

Ryan

Hall

USAF

2012-02-18

Killed during combat op in Afghanistan

War on Terrorism

KIA

1/Lt

Ryan

Rawl

SC Army National Guard

20 June 2012

Khost, Afghanistan

War on Terrorism

KIA

1LT

Joshua

Booth

USMC

2006-10-17

Iraq

War on Terrorism

KIA

LCPL

Timothy

Creager

USMC

2004-07-01

Iraq

War on Terrorism

KIA

SGT

Aaron X.

Wittman

USA

2013-01-10

Nangarhar Province, Afghanistan

War on Terrorism

KIA

LCPL

Jonathan A.

Taylor

USMC

2009-12-01

Helmand province of Afghanistan

War on Terrorism

KIA

Very impressive list! I was under the impression that a Citadel grad got a commission as an officer like most Military schools? I noticed several enlisted men named at the end of your list. What is the reason they were not officers? I mean no disrespect by asking the question as I also attended a Military school and understand their sacrifice.

ElCid
September 13th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Very impressive list! I was under the impression that a Citadel grad got a commission as an officer like most Military schools? I noticed several enlisted men named at the end of your list. What is the reason they were not officers? I mean no disrespect by asking the question as I also attended a Military school and understand their sacrifice.

I don't know the exact story of each of these, but most likely they went a year or two then simply left school and enlisted. The class year is simply the year they would have graduated had they stayed. I had a couple from my year do that. And one of them is on this list.

sgt smash
September 13th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Shane Childers was a Staff Sergeant then he went through the MECEP program to become an officer. The guy was a motivator and his book spoke highly of Citadel.

ThompsonThe
September 13th, 2013, 12:55 PM
How much better than moving to the CAA though?

Ha, ha, ha, funny. Why would we have ever wanted to move down to the CAA from the SoCon?
Why would anyone with any amount of sense? Keep that levity coming.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 13th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Umass, the flagship university for a State full of the VILEST yankee scum in the entire northeast, couldn't have won the PATRIOT LEAGUE

+1 xlolx

Tribal
September 13th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Ha, ha, ha, funny. Why would we have ever wanted to move down to the CAA from the SoCon?
Why would anyone with any amount of sense? Keep that levity coming.

Appy & GSU are the only SoCon schools on par with the top 6-7 CAA programs. Wofford may be up there, too. We have one weak program in Rhody. Top to bottom, the CAA is far superior to the SoCon. Period.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 13th, 2013, 01:24 PM
FWIW I'd even question Boise State's "success" at the FBS level, lumping their "success" as one of a winning of a PR battle the same way Troy appears to be. Boise still isn't in a "Big 5", they're still essentially in the AAA of the Mountain West. They're also not "making money" with their program.

dudeitsaid
September 13th, 2013, 01:37 PM
FWIW I'd even question Boise State's "success" at the FBS level, lumping their "success" as one of a winning of a PR battle the same way Troy appears to be. Boise still isn't in a "Big 5", they're still essentially in the AAA of the Mountain West. They're also not "making money" with their program.

Maybe so. In my mind, I think of that question in terms of their ability to compete. And with that mindset, they have been one of the, if not the most successful FCS transition to date. Additionally, as a byproduct of their on field success, they have certainly generated a much higher level of national recognition in the FBS than the FCS, with the high point IMO being the famed Tostitos Fiesta Bowl. If I were them, I'd be pleased!

ASUMountaineer
September 13th, 2013, 02:03 PM

Shocking.

Skjellyfetti
September 13th, 2013, 02:58 PM

For the 1,000th time: college athletics is not and should not be about making a profit.

Some (read: very, very few) especially large athletic departmets do make a profit. They are far and away the exception to the rule.

Pointing to a Boise State and saying they are not a success story because they do not make a profit is ridiculous.

If profiting is the goal of college athletics, all but 25 or so athletic departments should be scrapped... because they're in the red.

Saint3333
September 13th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Boise St. not a success. I've seen some bias post from Captain of the SS FCS, but this is either hyperbole to get a response or the dumbest post in the history of AGS (which is quite an accomplishment).

ASUMountaineer
September 13th, 2013, 03:09 PM
For the 1,000th time: college athletics is not and should not be about making a profit.

Some (read: very, very few) especially large athletic departmets do make a profit. They are far and away the exception to the rule.

Pointing to a Boise State and saying they are not a success story because they do not make a profit is ridiculous.

If profiting is the goal of college athletics, all but 25 or so athletic departments should be scrapped... because they're in the red.

Those with an axe as big as LFN's to grind rarely entertain logic.

ASUMountaineer
September 13th, 2013, 03:13 PM

Boise St. not a success. I've seen some bias post from Captain of the SS FCS, but this is either hyperbole to get a response or the dumbest post in the history of AGS (which is quite an accomplishment).

Be careful or LFN's knight in shining armor Mr. C may give you a red chicklet to...I guess, teach a lesson? xlolx

Lehigh Football Nation
September 13th, 2013, 03:45 PM

If it costs the university $10 million a year to replicate Boise State's success, is it worth it? Some would say "yes", some would say "no". What is the university spending on its main mission, academics? Would the $10 million be better spent there?

The fact remains Boise State subsidizes it's athletic department with $10 million a year in subsidies from various sources. Without it, they wouldn't survive. As much revenue as Boise State has made (and it's largely been due to their great on-the-field success), they're still not alongside the Notre Dame, Michigan, or USC's.

Makes you wonder what might happen with a couple back-to-back 6-6 seasons.

Skjellyfetti
September 13th, 2013, 04:44 PM
The fact remains Boise State subsidizes it's athletic department with $10 million a year in subsidies from various sources. Without it, they wouldn't survive.

You're not getting it.

Almost every athletic department "subsidizes it's [sic] athletic department.

There are a grand total of 7 athletic departments in USA Today's database that do not. xlolx 3% of the programs in their database do not subsidize their athletic department.

Sounds like you're wishing college athletics consisted of Nebraska, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Penn State, Purdue, Texas... and that's it. Every other athletic department should be scrapped!

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/schools/finances/

Out of 228 programs in their database.... Boise State ranks 48th. They're doing relatively well.

Their % subsidy is 24.96%.

By FCS standards.... they're doing EXTREMELY WELL.

There isn't a single FCS program in the database that has a better % subsidy. xlolx

The best FCS program is Missouri State at 37.14%.

Without it, they wouldn't survive.

Yeah, Boise State would be hurting without subsidies... mainly in student fees.

But, don't kid yourself...

...without student fees... there would be no FCS. xcoffeex

As much revenue as Boise State has made (and it's largely been due to their great on-the-field success), they're still not alongside the Notre Dame, Michigan, or USC's.Oh. Poor them! That must be so terrible! Not even among such programs as Notre Dame, Michigan, or USC. :(

If that is your standard.... Lehigh sure has a lot of work to do. xlolx

Sitting Bull
September 13th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Oh, I get it. It's the difference between running a half million in the red (FCS) vs running $2M+ in the red (FBS).

ElCid
September 13th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Appy & GSU are the only SoCon schools on par with the top 6-7 CAA programs. Wofford may be up there, too. We have one weak program in Rhody. Top to bottom, the CAA is far superior to the SoCon. Period.

I'm sorry, are we talking this year or the past few? This year, most likely. The last ten, on average, I would say about on par with each other. And as much as I cringe to even think about doing this....Wofford 23 - NH 7, 1 Dec 12. Oh that hurt defending the ankle biters. SOCON will be back. Each has had up and down years. That is why I love the playoffs. And I wish we actually had some more OOC games between the CAA and SOCON. I would love some 2 year series with W&M, Richmond or JMU. Or better yet come back to the SOCON and get away from all those Yankees.xnodx

Saint3333
September 13th, 2013, 07:55 PM
You can't seriously be defending that asinine question of whether Boise St. Is a success.

With that mentality there is not one program at the FCS level that is a "success". Please continue to argue it will be without this poster.

seantaylor
September 14th, 2013, 02:32 AM
Boise State not a success? Guy has to be Sammy Baker

Apphole
September 14th, 2013, 07:19 AM

Thanks for the sig addition! You and chattown are a gold mine.

And "FWIW" from you is exactly zero when it comes to an FBS discussion....which accounts for 99% of your posts on this forum.

Sitting Bull
September 14th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Boise State has been an outstanding success.

i think the point is though - the best it has gotten them is an invite to Big East football which they traded for the MWC. That's still a nice move up from the Big Sky but if that's the very best scenario for an FCS move up, it seems a bit mellow. After all their success and media following, they still lay outside the big boy club with an extremely limited shot at a championship.

The fact is the vast majority of FCS trade-ups have moved into conferences made up of other FCS trade-ups.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 14th, 2013, 09:13 AM
It also costs students + Idaho taxpayers $10 million per year to not compete for the crystal ball trophy and play against Big 5 teams. Something NDSU can also do at the FCS level at a fraction of the cost and still win an NCAA championship.

PaladinFan
September 14th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Are we actually still talking about this?

Apphole
September 14th, 2013, 05:50 PM
You picked a bad week to decide you are an Eagle. xnodx
xsmugx