PDA

View Full Version : Southeastern Louisiana vs TCU Highlights

lionsrking2
September 8th, 2013, 04:34 PM
We got after their ass for a while, and battled toe to toe physically, just made too many mistakes to beat a Top 25 FBS team on the road ... we did rush for over 200 yards against one of the top rushing defenses in all of college football ... like where we are right now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYLcsqd7YXY

Nickels
September 8th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Lions are looking good right now. It's looking like we'll have a 4 team race for the SLC crown this season. Lamar, NW and Nicholls are even looking improved thus far.

At this very early point, I think 3 SLC teams in the playoffs is a given.

lionsrking2
September 8th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Lions are looking good right now. It's looking like we'll have a 4 team race for the SLC crown this season. Lamar, NW and Nicholls are even looking improved thus far.

At this very early point, I think 3 SLC teams in the playoffs is a given.

The entire league has improved IMO ... maybe SFA scuffling a bit right now, but they have athletes and are capable of getting hot.

We have a chance to make a statement the next couple of weeks at South Dakota State and Samford. It's there in front of us, we have to go get it.

DFW HOYA
September 8th, 2013, 06:10 PM
A fairly competitive game through halftime. Lions exposed some secondary weakness in TCU but simply weren't prepared for Trayvon Boykin after Casey Paschall was injured. Clearly a tougher home opener for TCU than when they ran over Grambling last year.

Extra credit for the SELA fans who braved the heat from the upper deck. Attendance was 41,000 at the onset (the folks in the good seats went inside after half). Attendance at the SMU-Montana State game later that evening was just 10,107.

lionsrking2
September 8th, 2013, 06:21 PM
A fairly competitive game through halftime. Lions exposed some secondary weakness in TCU but simply weren't prepared for Trayvon Boykin after Casey Paschall was injured. Clearly a tougher home opener for TCU than when they ran over Grambling last year.

Extra credit for the SELA fans who braved the heat from the upper deck. Attendance was 41,000 at the onset (the folks in the good seats went inside after half). Attendance at the SMU-Montana State game later that evening was just 10,107.

It was more than "fairly competitive" through halftime ... we at least played even, if not outplayed them in the first half. I agree Boykins was the clear difference maker. He's a gamechanging athlete who almost brought them back vs LSU. Had Casey Pachall not gotten hurt, and played the entire game, we may be talking about another FCS over FBS upset.

SU DOG
September 8th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Really nice effort by the Lions. Our home opener looks to be a barnburner for sure. I originally had penciled in a W for this game. I haven't erased it, but I'm much more nervous about it than I was. I'm sure that Bennett will be the best QB we see all year, and that includes the Hogs' guy. I know we both have some business to take care of before then, but that should be one heck of a game at Seibert Stadium. Good luck next week.

lionsrking2
September 8th, 2013, 06:39 PM
Really nice effort by the Lions. Our home opener looks to be a barnburner for sure. I originally had penciled in a W for this game. I haven't erased it, but I'm much more nervous about it than I was. I'm sure that Bennett will be the best QB we see all year, and that includes the Hogs' guy. I know we both have some business to take care of before then, but that should be one heck of a game at Seibert Stadium. Good luck next week.

You might wanna get your eraser handy.xsmiley_wix

Ivytalk
September 8th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Nice job, SELA! The Horny Toads knew they were in a war!