PDA

View Full Version : CAA thru 2 weeks - What do we know?

BigHouseClosedEnd
September 8th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Interesting couple of weeks in the CAA.

Rhody is still God awful.

Maine and W&M look better than expected. W&M possibly much better

Villanova looks a lot worse than expected, although AT can get things figured out.

JMU is still JMU. You have to beat a putrid Akron club. No excuses.

Towson looks really good and Richmond does too.

UNH, Stony Brook and UD still are unknowns at this point.

Albany with a nice recovery yesterday appears to be a team toward the bottom but capable of winning any Saturday.

Sorry if i forgot a team. Other observations?

Mattymc727
September 8th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Im not all that surprised. The Nova loss was a little shocking, and Maine W&M, and Richmond have impressed.

I figured Towson would be the class of the CAA. They could run the CAA table this year, should be a fun October.

Anovafan
September 9th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Towson can't be beat. I'm calling it now, they will go undefeated in the regular season. Nation title contender for sure.

Nova will underachieve this year. 6 wins and miss the playoffs. The team needs to stop reading its own press clippings from the pre-season.

I think Stony Brook and Delaware will surprise as the season goes on. Richmond is really under-rated and should be in the playoffs and make a good run.

URMite
September 9th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Towson can't be beat. I'm calling it now, they will go undefeated in the regular season. Nation title contender for sure.

Nova will underachieve this year. 6 wins and miss the playoffs. The team needs to stop reading its own press clippings from the pre-season.

I think Stony Brook and Delaware will surprise as the season goes on. Richmond is really under-rated and should be in the playoffs and make a good run.

I'm really looking forward to Towson's visit at High Noon last Saturday in October. Should be quite a game.

Sitting Bull
September 9th, 2013, 12:48 PM
W&M and Towson meet at Zable on the next-to-last weekend, 11/16. I'm hoping the game has some major impact on CAA leadership. Possible if things fall right.

DoubleH
September 9th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Wow, lotta Towson love here. I've said before I think this is the best Towson team in a long time... but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Also, Stony Brook will be good this year. They may not quite be able to compete for the CAA title, but they'll be around all year.