PDA

View Full Version : Murray state game called due to other team getting butt kicked

dgtw
September 8th, 2013, 09:13 AM
I have never heard of this happening before.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/murray-state-crushes-campbellsville-83-041824787--ncaaf.html

They were leading Campbelssville 83-14 when suddenly......

The game was called six minutes into the fourth quarter as agreed by coaches and the referees.

I know the Florida State-Savannah State game was called early but it was also played in a driving rain storm. Anyone ever heard of a game being stopped due to the score? I understand why they did it but it sounds kind of lame to me.

Hammerhead
September 8th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Many state high school associations have a mercy rule that will end the game or let the clock run continuously when a team is ahead by 40 points. I've never heard of that in college ball.

WestCoastAggie
September 8th, 2013, 09:41 AM
It was the classy thing for my Racers to do.

Ivytalk
September 8th, 2013, 12:46 PM
I wish Portland State had called that Del State game way back when.

OSRacer
September 8th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Man this was a tough one to watch. Feel bad for the Campbellsville players, but with Hatchers system things can go haywire in hurry. MSU was up 62-0 with 8 minutes to go in the 2nd qtr. It was bad. MSU has taken it on the chin playing BCS schools where there was a disparity in talent, but I think we are closer to Missouri (who beat us last week 58-14) than we are to NAIA. We have our hands full next week with Missouri State.

hebmskebm
September 8th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Didn't want to hang 90 on them. It was probably for the best.

DSUrocks07
September 8th, 2013, 06:50 PM
I wish Portland State had called that Del State game way back when.

xnodx xbawlingx

Bisonoline
September 9th, 2013, 01:33 AM
That had to be embarrassing for both teams.

Laker
September 9th, 2013, 07:00 AM
FBS teams who lost to FCS teams might be looking to schedule some NAIA opponents...........