PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'em - Week 3

carney2
September 8th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Another bad week in the Patriot League. Fordham and Georgetown did their part, but the other five mostly stumbled and bumbled. Can the NCAA withdraw the autobid because no one deserves it?

Week 3 - Sept. 14, 2013

COLGATE @ New Hampshire

FORDHAM @ Temple

LEHIGH @ Monmouth

HOLY CROSS @ Central Connecticut

William & Mary @ LAFAYETTE

Marist @ GEORGETOWN

Bye: BUCKNELL

Patriot League vs. OOC:

CAA 2-2
Mountain West 0-1
NEC 1-3
Pioneer 2-0

Most Impressive, Week 2: Fordham beats Top 10 Villanova.

Most Disappointing, Week 2: Defending and presumptive champ Colgate’s loss at home to a so-so Albany.

Standings (Fordham Counts!)

Fordham 2-0, 0-0
Bucknell 1-0, 0-0
Lehigh 1-0, 0-0
Georgetown 1-1,0-0
Lafayette 0-1, 0-0
Colgate 0-2, 0-0
Holy Cross 0-2, 0-0

bonarae
September 8th, 2013, 08:57 AM
COLGATE @ New Hampshire

FORDHAM @ Temple - outside shot...

LEHIGH @ Monmouth

Marist @ GEORGETOWN

kdinva
September 8th, 2013, 09:06 AM
COLGATE @ New Hampshire

FORDHAM @ Temple - outside shot...

LEHIGH @ Monmouth

Marist @ GEORGETOWN

Ditto here........

carney2
September 8th, 2013, 09:09 AM
COLGATE @ New Hampshire - The 'gaters are not living up to any of the preseason hype. Besides, they're in over their heads here.

FORDHAM @ Temple - Speaking of being in over their heads, but wouldn't it be interesting if... Ain't gonna happen.

LEHIGH @ Monmouth - Monmouth has been shredded by two of the bigger kids (Montana State and Liberty) while the ChickenSquawks played exactly 10 minutes of football in week one to eek out a win. Not real comfortable picking either team here.

HOLY CROSS @ Central Connecticut - I think I've reached the point where I couldn't pick the Crossers to beat the Worcester 10 and Unders where girls are eligible.

William & Mary @ LAFAYETTE - The Pards showed absolutely nothing in week 2 and I'm predicting a blowout.

Marist @ GEORGETOWN - The Hoyas need to be tested. It won't be this week

Bye: BUCKNELL - Bye is now the odds on favorite to win the Patriot League.

Pard4Life
September 8th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Pards getting their aces handed to them next week. Badly. If so, the team has checked out on FT.

Fordham can win that game... Temple is kind of bad.

Pard4Life
September 8th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Bucknell may just very well win the auto. Lehigh was terrible. Pards are Frankosaurus. Gate has no D again. HC is a disgrace. Hoyas... eh?

Pards and Saders will vie for worst PL team title.

Pard4Life
September 8th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Revising my preseason picks:

SHU - L
WM - L
Penn - L
BU - L
Tigger - L
Harvard - L
HC - W
Gtown - L
Gate - L
Rams - L
Hawks - W

jayhawkdaddy
September 8th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Week 3 - Sept. 14, 2013

COLGATE @ New Hampshire

FORDHAM @ Temple

LEHIGH @ Monmouth

HOLY CROSS @ Central Conn State

Marist @ GEORGETOWN

Bye: BUCKNELL

RichH2
September 8th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Not quite ready to flush PL down the toilet yet

UNH
Temple in very close game.
LU
CCSu If HC had a pass attack they could pull it out
W&M
Hoyas

May change my mind on Rams

carney2
September 8th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Revising my preseason picks:

SHU - L
WM - L
Penn - L
BU - L
Tigger - L
Harvard - L
HC - W
Gtown - L
Gate - L
Rams - L
Hawks - W

The opener has everyone in Pardville on a downer. Almost nothing positive to take away from the opener. You brought up one interesting point however: will Tavani be able to retain control with the inevitable thrashings that are going to occur through mid October? Add to that the full emasculation culture that is Lafayette College today and it will be a tough row to hoe.

Does anyone out there have a spare offensive line? The Pards could sure use one.

RichH2
September 8th, 2013, 09:58 AM
The opener has everyone in Pardville on a downer. Almost nothing positive to take away from the opener. You brought up one interesting point however: will Tavani be able to retain control with the inevitable thrashings that are going to occur through mid October? Add to that the full emasculation culture that is Lafayette College today and it will be a tough row to hoe.

Does anyone out there have a spare offensive line? The Pards could sure use one.
Does appear that Gender Studies is now defining Pards outlook on Football. No beer ,no imagination

carney2
September 8th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Not quite ready to flush PL down the toilet yet

UNH
Temple in very close game.
LU
CCSu If HC had a pass attack they could pull it out
W&M
Hoyas

May change my mind on Rams

Really, Rich? If not now, when?

And another really? - "if HC had a pass attack they could pull it out." Why, because they have a solid running game? They are averaging 55.5 yds. per game on the ground, and that includes a -3 against Bryant! And now you say they can't pass either. It's gonna be a loooong season in Woo...and Easton...and...

Fordham
September 8th, 2013, 10:12 AM
I am once again going to go with a PL sweep across the board while admitting I can find no fault with carney's picks and analysis.

RichH2
September 8th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Watched Cross had thought one of their QBs would stand out. I was wrong. Painfully slow. HC has a ways to go to get O going.
Admit very undecided on Rams. They are very good O team.Have yet to trust their D. Temple can be had if Ram D steps up??

Bogus Megapardus
September 8th, 2013, 10:25 AM
http://www.dur.ac.uk/tom.friedetzky/ACiD-seminar/2011-12/semspeakers/PaperBagHead.jpg

Ivytalk
September 8th, 2013, 12:40 PM
COLGATE @ New Hampshire - The 'gaters are not living up to any of the preseason hype. Besides, they're in over their heads here.

FORDHAM @ Temple - Speaking of being in over their heads, but wouldn't it be interesting if... Ain't gonna happen.

LEHIGH @ Monmouth - Monmouth has been shredded by two of the bigger kids (Montana State and Liberty) while the ChickenSquawks played exactly 10 minutes of football in week one to eek out a win. Not real comfortable picking either team here.

HOLY CROSS @ Central Connecticut - I think I've reached the point where I couldn't pick the Crossers to beat the Worcester 10 and Unders where girls are eligible.

William & Mary @ LAFAYETTE - The Pards showed absolutely nothing in week 2 and I'm
predicting a blowout.

Marist @ GEORGETOWN - The Hoyas need to be tested. It won't be this week

Bye: BUCKNELL - Bye is now the odds on favorite to win the Patriot League.

Nailed another one, old man!:D

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 8th, 2013, 01:13 PM
I will never pick Lehigh to win easy in their openers under Coen again. With that said, this week will be a little easier. Lehigh's offense is very capable of putting up 40+ on a very poor Monmouth defense.

The LU defense has to show improvement ala Fordham after game one. The Shore Hawks have a decent running back but their QB is nowhere near as good as Frazier.

Pard4Life
September 8th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Don't think Temple will take Rams lightly as they beat rival Villanova... that should make them sit up and take notice. All games easy picks but this one is a maybe. What is the last PL win over FBS? Colgate 2003 over Buffalo? Bad Holy Cross somehow beat Army in 2002.

Pard4Life
September 8th, 2013, 02:03 PM
If Lehigh does not destroy Monmouth the Squawks may be just as bad as Pards.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 8th, 2013, 02:12 PM

I'd agree. CCSU I think, is similar to Monmouth last year; an experienced team that will end up 7-5/6-6. Monmouth on the other hand is extremely poor. Lehigh doesn't have to win 50-10 but some level of dominance has to be exhibited.

There is no doubt that Lehigh does not play well in openers for whatever reason. However, one can't argue they always improve as the season progresses.

Engineer86
September 8th, 2013, 02:18 PM
I will go with a Patriot League sweep, since I will be out of the country and won't see how bad or good it could turn out. I do see that there is a reason to believe all teams have a shot.

heath
September 8th, 2013, 02:21 PM
If Lehigh this,if Lehigh that????????????????there Y'all go again. Start thinking of really good excuses for the rest of YOUR season,and dont worry about your big brother just yet. Fear the tribe and the Indian revenge, can't waitxnodx

Lehigh'98
September 8th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Misery loves company...

LehighU11
September 8th, 2013, 03:56 PM

Maybe Frank should enlist the services of the Easton HS O-line. Some of those Red Rovers are huge.

The Maestro
September 8th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Week 3 - Sept. 14, 2013

New Hampshire

Temple

LEHIGH

Central Connecticut

William & Mary

GEORGETOWN

Southsider
September 8th, 2013, 07:42 PM
I'd agree. CCSU I think, is similar to Monmouth last year; an experienced team that will end up 7-5/6-6. Monmouth on the other hand is extremely poor. Lehigh doesn't have to win 50-10 but some level of dominance has to be exhibited.

There is no doubt that Lehigh does not play well in openers for whatever reason. However, one can't argue they always improve as the season progresses.

They did blast Monmouth 2 yrs ago, I believe??? However, statement generally true..............

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 8th, 2013, 07:44 PM
They did blast Monmouth 2 yrs ago, I believe??? However, statement generally true..............

That 2011 team returned everyone and Monmouth was breaking in a ton of new players.

I saw Monmouth last week in person against MSU. They are REALLY bad....

Kramer
September 8th, 2013, 08:16 PM
NH
Fordham -- they're hot, and Temple's not, so why not?
Lehigh
CCSU
W&M
Hoyas

ngineer
September 8th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Can't see 'gate winning in Durham. UNH 31-17
What the hell, I'm going out on the proverbial limb and pick the Rams not missing at the Linc, 28-26.
Lehigh's D should and must show improvement. A lot of first year starters got their feet wet this week and I expect a quantum leap. Lehigh 42-17.
CCSU has some very good athletes, especially the RB. HC will be grasping as he goes by. Blue Devils, 31-13.
Only way Lafayette gets close is if Tribe takes the Leotards lightly. Tribe will focus on Ross and blitzes will have ZZ spinning like a top. Bill & Mary 42, Jack & Jill 14.
Hoyas get the Redd Foxes for more laughs off to a 2-0 start, 33-17.
Buck finally gets Nell behind the hedges in Christy Matthewson....(;-)

carney2
September 8th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Hoyas get the Redd Foxes for more laughs off to a 2-0 start, 33-17.

Hoyas lost to Wagner in week 1. A win vs. Marist would put them at 2-1. Just setting the record straight before DFW hangs you out to dry.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 8th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Temple played well against ND and lost 15-13 to Houston. Our talent level is considerably higher than Nova and Fordham. It might not be easy for 60 minutes but the Owls will win by 17+.

BTW, O/U attendance 18,500.

Bill
September 8th, 2013, 10:18 PM
I haven't been very good at this so far, but here's the old college try:

COLGATE @ New Hampshire

FORDHAM @ Temple

LEHIGH @ Monmouth

Marist @ GEORGETOWN

Bucknell (Bye)

Skyhawk71
September 9th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Cogate @ New Hampshire
Fordham @ Temple
Lehigh @ Monmouth
William & Mary @ Lafayette
Marist @ Georgetown
Holy Cross @ CCSU

RamRay
September 9th, 2013, 09:12 AM
COLGATE @ New Hampshire - Red Raiders may surprise, but UNH is strong

FORDHAM @ Temple - Gotta believe

LEHIGH @ Monmouth -Beach hawks not as good as CCSU

HOLY CROSS @ Central Connecticut- CCSU is the real deal

William & Mary @ LAFAYETTE- Just not a good match

Marist @ GEORGETOWN- May be close

ColgateTD
September 9th, 2013, 09:44 AM
NH: Gate looking for that elusive third straight loss, then we'll be set for the PL run.
Temple
Lehigh
CCSU
Bill & Mary
Gtown

Lehigh Football Nation
September 9th, 2013, 10:00 AM
NH: Gate looking for that elusive third straight loss, then we'll be set for the PL run.

xlolx I know this is 100% true.

crusader11
September 9th, 2013, 10:43 AM
5-2 last week and 8-3 on the year.

COLGATE @ New Hampshire -- UNH's offense is very good, Colgate's defense is not. As usual, Colgate will put up points, but won't be able to keep pace.

FORDHAM @ Temple -- Watched most of the Temple vs. Houston and the Owls' offense is very pedestrian. Their defense was pretty good, though. I think this will be a really competitive game, and wouldn't be surprised if Fordham pulled the upset, but just don't see it happening.

LEHIGH @ Monmouth -- A real toss-up in my mind. Neither team is very good, but I'll be a PL homer here.

HOLY CROSS @ Central Connecticut -- Another toss-up (at least I'd like to think it is). HC lost to Bryant -- picked to finish third in the NEC -- by a point. CCSU was picked to finish sixth in the NEC. Don't feel good about taking HC, but I actually liked what I saw for much of the first half against Towson, and think they might get it together against CCSU.

William & Mary @ LAFAYETTE -- W&M nearly beat West Virginia who nearly beat Oklahoma last weekend. Lafayette lost to Sacred Heart. I'll take the Tribe.

Marist @ GEORGETOWN -- Best team in the PL thus far??? (Only half kidding)

PAllen
September 9th, 2013, 10:53 AM
COLGATE @ New Hampshire - Close one (UNH sleeps through the first half, if not, this gets ugly fast and goes the other way)

FORDHAM @ Temple - Close one

LEHIGH @ Monmouth - Close one (ugh!)

HOLY CROSS @ Central Connecticut - not close (this will be ugly)

William & Mary @ LAFAYETTE - probably being overly optimistic here but W&M never get off the bus and the Leopards hold on at the end

Marist @ GEORGETOWN - Close one

Bye: BUCKNELL - The closest of all.

heath
September 9th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Question about Fordham. Are they a really good team? Beat Rhody but gave up 277 rushing yards(5.5/carry). Stony Brook shuts Rhody out allowing them only 67 rushing yards(2.2/carry) Check out TOP also. If Villanova doesn't fumble 5 times,once inside the 10?????????????? I think Forham is a better team this year and QB Nebrich could very well be 1st team PL, but just too many unknowns about them. They need to keep it close against Temple,but not sure they can with their D,unless they get 5 more fumbles.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 9th, 2013, 12:39 PM
UNH 48 Colgate 31: I think the Raiders can put up points. Unfortunately, I don't see anyway they stop the Wildcats. The OOC struggles continue....

CCSU 31 Holy Cross 21: CCSU showed a terrific running back and a solid QB. CCSU hung in on the road against a CAA heavyweight. HC can't say the same one their home turf..

Williams & Mary 42 Lafayette 21: Payback is a nasty lady...

Georgetown 34 Marist 24: The Hoyas MIGHT have the potential to be real contenders..

Lehigh 45 Monmouth 24: Game Two! Lehigh must show improvement or the doubters will have real ammo. I've seen Monmouth, they SUCK!

Temple 38 Fordham 20: Temple has played well despite being 0-2. We'll be a major step up in competition from what Fordham has seen the last two weeks. Smacking around Villanova is nothing new to us. The Rams will make some plays and show flashes as to why they're a top 15 FCS team. But that's not good enough...

van
September 9th, 2013, 01:26 PM
New Hampshire, Gate needs a few more weeks to figure out how to win

Temple, believe in the Rams, but Owls have too much

LEHIGH, big improvement from week 1 and lesser opponent

Central Connecticut, they will move the ball and score frequently

William & Mary, it's Lafayette, enuf said

GEORGETOWN, it's Marist, enuf said there too

Fordhamanhattan
September 9th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Like the New Hampshires over Gate 34-25
The erstwhile Engineers over the Jersey shores 24-10
The New Britainites over the beleaguered Cross 35-17
The usurpers Wm& Mary over the spotted ones 40-10
The Hoyas over the former Marists 24-23
AND in an ecumenical battle
Fordham goes to Temple on Yom Kippur and wins 26-25

Fordham
September 9th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Question about Fordham. Are they a really good team? Beat Rhody but gave up 277 rushing yards(5.5/carry). Stony Brook shuts Rhody out allowing them only 67 rushing yards(2.2/carry) Check out TOP also. If Villanova doesn't fumble 5 times,once inside the 10?????????????? I think Forham is a better team this year and QB Nebrich could very well be 1st team PL, but just too many unknowns about them. They need to keep it close against Temple,but not sure they can with their D,unless they get 5 more fumbles.

Seriously? You pulled one stat out of the URI game to question everything? Did you realize that the score in the Stony Brook game was 10 - 0 going into the 4th Q? We beat them 51-26. While I wasn't overly impressed with our D in that game by any means, I'll take 51-26 over 10 -0 in 4Q any day of the week. I have huge respect for Stony Brook btw, but there's nothing on that stat sheet that screams out to me in any way that their performance was more dominating than ours against URI, particularly the score.

Further, you obviously didn't see the 'nova game. Even on the 'nova board there's a comment about the fact that if we didn't have the ugly turnovers we did (e. g. a beautiful flare pass from Nebrich bobbled and then bobbled some more ... right into the hands of 'nova DB who took it easily in for a 46yd INT TD), this game could/should have been a much more secure Fordham win. Time of possession was 38 minutes for Fordham and 21:45 for 'Nova. As for the turnovers, the most critical ones later on were on some really good sticks made by our D. The one that would have made me nuts as a 'Nova fan was when the QB tried to get a few extra yards right before the half when they were in FG range, if not another TD, and that extra effort led to him getting stripped.

Against URI our scored with the quick strike, which put our D on the field for a ton of time. URI time of possession was 35 while ours was 25.

Fwiw, not offended that you're questioning if we're good. More so put off by seeing one stat from the URI game being used to question everything.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 9th, 2013, 02:25 PM
FWIW Stony Brook is in "show-me" mode. I don't have them in my Top 25, and rightfully so, based on their performance against URI.

CFBfan
September 9th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Seriously? You pulled one stat out of the URI game to question everything? Did you realize that the score in the Stony Brook game was 10 - 0 going into the 4th Q? We beat them 51-26. While I wasn't overly impressed with our D in that game by any means, I'll take 51-26 over 10 -0 in 4Q any day of the week. I have huge respect for Stony Brook btw, but there's nothing on that stat sheet that screams out to me in any way that their performance was more dominating than ours against URI, particularly the score.

Further, you obviously didn't see the 'nova game. Even on the 'nova board there's a comment about the fact that if we didn't have the ugly turnovers we did (e. g. a beautiful flare pass from Nebrich bobbled and then bobbled some more ... right into the hands of 'nova DB who took it easily in for a 46yd INT TD), this game could/should have been a much more secure Fordham win. Time of possession was 38 minutes for Fordham and 21:45 for 'Nova. As for the turnovers, the most critical ones later on were on some really good sticks made by our D. The one that would have made me nuts as a 'Nova fan was when the QB tried to get a few extra yards right before the half when they were in FG range, if not another TD, and that extra effort led to him getting stripped.

Against URI our scored with the quick strike, which put our D on the field for a ton of time. URI time of possession was 35 while ours was 25.

Fwiw, not offended that you're questioning if we're good. More so put off by seeing one stat from the URI game being used to question everything.

Fordham, I think that people are still thinking about the Macella era and not recognizing that FU has a really good head coach and 60 scholarship players on their roster.
I've said since last year that they would be very good this year.
FU will get an at large bid this year!

carney2
September 9th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Question about Fordham. Are they a really good team?

Good enough to be on the list of at-large bid candidates. Not good enough to beat BCS Temple.

Fordham
September 9th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Fordham, I think that people are still thinking about the Macella era and not recognizing that FU has a really good head coach and 60 scholarship players on their roster.
I've said since last year that they would be very good this year.
FU will get an at large bid this year!

Agreed. I know you were one of the first to make the call on Moorhead.

Good enough to be on the list of at-large bid candidates. Not good enough to beat BCS Temple.

absolutely agreed but then again we both thought 'Nova would have no problem either, so you never know.

That said, Temple since Al Groh has consistently brought in a level of talent that we are NOT used to seeing on our schedule. My hope is we keep it competitive in the first half and play respectably overall with no injuries. Anything more is gravy.

van
September 9th, 2013, 04:42 PM

wll said, as usually.

TheValleyRaider
September 9th, 2013, 05:26 PM
4-3 last week, 6-5 for the season. Always tough in the early going while you figure out what people have (or don't have)

Colgate at New Hampshire Colgate A good sign from Saturday night is that even with 4 turnovers, the Raiders were still in position to win the game late. Too much energy had to be expended to get back into it, but the signs of success are there. Of course, New Hampshire appears to be in a different class than Albany. I'm not convinced Colgate can't score with UNH, though cutting out those turnovers will be crucial. The defense played better, but wound up spending too much time on the field. Some of that is poor 3rd down work (giving up 60% through 2 games), but if we can keep it close, put pressure on the Wildcats to keep scoring, then just maybe. Though not debilitating with the League schedule still ahead of us, 0-3 is a frightening prospect.

Fordham at Temple Temple I believe in Fordham. Well, I believe in Fordham insofar as they are one of the League's contenders. They can move the ball, we know that, but holding preseason CAA favorite Villanova to 24 isn't too shabby for that defense. While it is a shame for them that the Rams can't win the PL title this year, a strong showing OOC and a title-worthy season could certainly put them in the postseason. This is not the place for that showing. I'll be rooting for the Rams, no doubt, but Temple is truly a bridge too far.

Lehigh at Monmouth Lehigh So imagine my surprise when I open up the scores in the middle of the afternoon on Saturday and see the Hawks getting lit up by CCSU. Was I unkind to the Devils in my prediction? Probably a bit, but Lehigh is no doubt breathing a tremendous sigh of relief. As for Monmouth, going on the road always presents its own set of challenges, but if the home Hawks are truly a second-tier NEC team (as is being suggested around these parts), then a top-level Patriot League team (that's allegedly you, Lehigh) should be able to take care of business. Blowout? Maybe not, but not OT after a furious rally.

Holy Cross at Central Connecticut State Central Connecticut State Holy Cross, oh Holy Cross. Actually, not too much lamentation here, as I'm not sure anyone outside of the blindest of homers saw them coming out on top over Towson. Getting your doors blown off is never fun, but if you're looking for seasonal doom and gloom, then that's not the game to point to. This one, though, could be. Is CCSU the team that ran out in front of Lehigh for most of the day? Or the team that collapsed late and blew the game? If we want to talk about tiers between conferences, shouldn't a good NEC team playing at home beat a middle-of-the-pack PL team? If HC is competitive and still loses, then perhaps there is some life in Worcester. But getting blown out this time? Well, Dom Randolph is not walking through that door...

William & Mary at Lafayette William & Mary It is with great trepidation that I pick against the Leopards. The Tribe were supposed to be better than Lafayette last year, and look out that turned out. And now the game is in Easton. And, being Lafayette, why wouldn't the Leopards follow up their loss by putting on a show and going 2-0 against W&M? Much doom and gloom from the spotted cats, this after some confident preseason noises. What will this game tell us about Lafayette's chances in the League? Who knows, but if I have to make a pick, give me the team that ran with West Virginia.

Marist at Georgetown Georgetown The Hoyas hum along, picking up their Davidson win before lining up against Marist again. Much like HC-Towson or Fordham-Temple, I don't think this game will tell us much about where Georgetown sits in the PL pecking order. Well, maybe vis a vis Bucknell, so I guess Georgetown's task this week is to beat the Bison's winning margin of 13 from Saturday. Georgetown and Marist have a bit of history, dating back through their days in the MAAC, and the Foxes have never beaten them in DC.

heath
September 9th, 2013, 05:34 PM

Rhody may not win a game this season, they're that bad. Looking ahead.....................you can't win the PL but at 11-1 or 10-2, Welcome to the playoffs.xnodx

Pards Rule
September 10th, 2013, 06:23 AM
You know just when you bury the Pards...Even if they lose they must put up a good game.

Fordham
September 10th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Rhody may not win a game this season, they're that bad. Looking ahead.....................you can't win the PL but at 11-1 or 10-2, Welcome to the playoffs.xnodx

I thought the same thing about URI after watching them in our opener but how do you explain the 10 - 0 score v. #15 Stony Brook heading into the 4th Q? That's a legit shot to win the game. As mediocre as I thought we played that game it wasn't really in doubt from pretty early on imo. Regardless, no one is a bigger URI fan than me from here on out. 'Nova too for similar completely selfish reasons.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 10th, 2013, 09:39 AM
You know just when you bury the Pards...Even if they lose they must put up a good game.

I have to admit this type of thought crossed my mind this week. Lafayette has made a history of confounding expectations week to week.

carney2
September 10th, 2013, 10:04 AM
I have to admit this type of thought crossed my mind this week. Lafayette has made a history of confounding expectations week to week.

And, if you analyze the entire 60 minutes, the Pards left at least 4 TDs on the field. Two of them are being hotly debated. Was it due to inept offensive line play (for the 4th consecutive year), or was it more because of The Frankosaurus doing what he does even when the other guy stacks 10 or even 11 in the box because he absolutely knows what is coming?

Lehigh'98
September 10th, 2013, 10:18 AM
New Hampshire, Colgate abysmal OOC last few years, lost a lot this yr it seems. UNH 47 COL 28

Temple, Very impressed with Fordham so far, close game 35-31

Monmouth, Monmouth back home will be angry after 2 humiliating defeats. Lehigh has issues. 31-24

Central Connecticut, HC in trouble 30-28

Lafayette, upset special 21-16

GEORGETOWN, please beat Marist 27-10

Bill
September 10th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Monmouth, Monmouth back home will be angry after 2 humiliating defeats. Lehigh has issues. 31-24

Are you taking the points...or teasing it with Fordham? :)

Sader87
September 10th, 2013, 12:57 PM
I think the jury is still out on how "bad" we are this year. We almost certainly aren't good but I don't think we are that "bad" respective to the rest of the PL and NEC (with maybe the possible exception of Fordham). We played poorly for large stretches of the opening game at Bryant but still nearly stole it at the end. I'm not saying we were ever really in the Towson game but in hindsight we were at their 10 with not much time left in the first half trailing only 21-7....the subsequent pick 6 completely changed the dynamic/final score of that game.

This CCSU game becomes very important to the Crusaders. An 0-3 start could be devestating for the season. In no way am I taking a win for granted here, it would be ridiculous to do so given our body of work over the last couple of seasons, but I do think you'll see an inspired Crusader squad in New Britain on Saturday night.

Picks will come later this week.

CFBfan
September 10th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Gillmore is contrary to popular opinion around here, NOT a very good coach...imo

RichH2
September 10th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Dont agree. HC always well coached. Talent level is the issue. He gets good solid football players but very few difference makers. Overall team is slow. Admissions Dept or his recruiting? Dont know.

JimboCBA72
September 10th, 2013, 01:18 PM
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts...Nova's fumbles were caused by Rams playing a hard, aggressive, get-after it defense. Staff made some personnel moves after URI game that made difference and they had a scheme to minimize Robertson's running. TOs are part of the game and they are why coaches put so much emphasis on them. At the end of the season, good teams usually are plus in the TO ratio category and so far the Rams are +5 on the season. Furthermore, Nova was just 3 of 9 on third down conversions and after their FG at the 10:40 mark of 3Q did bupkus for the rest of the half. The guys played an insprired game on both sides of the ball and would have won even without the TOs. After all, if you (generic you) are going to point to TOs as the only reason Nova lost the game, I would argue that if Rams don't turn it over twice, Nova scores just one TD.

I don't know how the season will turn out for us but right now I am liking everything I see from the Rams

Mattymc727
September 10th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Rumor has it that RJ Harris broke his hand and will be out along with Nico Steriti and Chris Setian (UNH may have to start a freshman at RB on Saturday). We will know for sure tomorrow, when the two deep come out. That may change some opinions about the UNH/Colgate game.

Lehigh'98
September 10th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Dont agree. HC always well coached. Talent level is the issue. He gets good solid football players but very few difference makers. Overall team is slow. Admissions Dept or his recruiting? Dont know.

Unfortunately, part of a coach's job is to get good players, then get W's. Gilmore doesn't seem to be doing much of either as a head coach. You wanna call him a great coordinator, thats different.

Sader87
September 10th, 2013, 01:46 PM
For the record UNH fans, I coached Justin Mello in basketball and tennis at Dartmouth High....you can thank me for his athletic agility. xsmiley_wix

Mattymc727
September 10th, 2013, 01:49 PM
For the record UNH fans, I coached Justin Mello in basketball and tennis at Dartmouth High....you can thank me for his athletic agility. xsmiley_wix

Mello played really well last Saturday at CMU, had a nice TD. Should be a big year for him.

Sader87
September 10th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Mello played really well last Saturday at CMU, had a nice TD. Should be a big year for him.

Fabulous, fabulous kid both on and off the field....should have gone to HC but that's another story/thread for another day.

CFBfan
September 10th, 2013, 02:31 PM

Well coached teams with solid players don NOT put up losing records and he has no disadvantage versus any other PL coach with admissions!
Other then Dom Randolphs senior season what has he really done??

Sader87
September 10th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Well coached teams with solid players don NOT put up losing records and he has no disadvantage versus any other PL coach with admissions!
Other then Dom Randolphs senior season what has he really done??

I'm not of the belief that he can do no wrong, but he did turn a program that was spiraling into non-existence in 2004...putting up winning records before Dom stepped on Mt St James.

2004: 3-8
2005: 6-5
2006: 7-4
2007: 7-4
2008: 7-4
2009: 9-3 PL champs
2010: 6-5
2011: 6-5
2012: 2-9

HC also came in 2nd in many of the years....there have been a few "wtf" losses during the decade but I think he's earned a pass (for now anyway) on calling for his scalp.

The administration has not done him many favors over the years as well.

carney2
September 10th, 2013, 03:57 PM
I'm not of the belief that he can do no wrong, but he did turn a program that was spiraling into non-existence in 2004...putting up winning records before Dom stepped on Mt St James.

2004: 3-8
2005: 6-5
2006: 7-4
2007: 7-4
2008: 7-4
2009: 9-3 PL champs
2010: 6-5
2011: 6-5
2012: 2-9

HC also came in 2nd in many of the years....there have been a few "wtf" losses during the decade but I think he's earned a pass (for now anyway) on calling for his scalp.

2006, 7, 8, and 9 were the Randolph years, so

WITH Dominic Randolph = 30-15 (67%)

WITHOUT Dominic Randolph = 23-34 (through last week) (40%)

Lehigh Football Nation
September 10th, 2013, 03:59 PM

Which leads to an interesting question - if an administration doesn't give you some decent level of support, how good can you really get?

RichH2
September 10th, 2013, 04:12 PM
As Tom was an excellent recruiter at LU,I doubt that he no longer recruits well, His teams know what to do and how to do it. Again there are too few difference makers. Very little speed even for PL. Where the fault lies I do not know. Perhaps it is just the cycles teams at our level go through.

TheValleyRaider
September 10th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Rumor has it that RJ Harris broke his hand and will be out along with Nico Steriti and Chris Setian (UNH may have to start a freshman at RB on Saturday). We will know for sure tomorrow, when the two deep come out. That may change some opinions about the UNH/Colgate game.

Nah, still picking the 'Gate ;)

Sader87
September 10th, 2013, 05:01 PM

I think that's a little too simplistic. Mind is rapidly going but I don't think Dom started/played every game from 2006-9 and to include a coach's first year for his "bad years" stats isn't completely fair imo.

The fact remains that he had 7 consecutive winning seasons from 2005-11 and this was coming off the lowest point in football history at Holy Cross (mid-90's-early 2000's).

Again, I'm not totally drinking the TG kool-aid....he probably should have won at least one more PL title with Randolph, there seems to be at least one or two "wha' happen?" games a year etc etc but from where HC football was in 2003 he has done a very good job in toto.

Go Green
September 11th, 2013, 09:19 AM

Ivy guys were pretty fond of listing Princeton's Roger Hughes' record 1) with Jeff Terrell, and 2) without Jeff Terrell.

In any event, Hughes (a coach I really liked when he was at Dartmouth) was fired from Princeton because he won one championship in 10 years. That doesn't cut it at Princeton, and Gilmore (another great coach from Dartmouth) is approaching that level.

crusader11
September 11th, 2013, 09:25 AM
I think Gilmore is a fabulous coach, and a great ambassador for Holy Cross. Prior to his coming to HC, not only was the football program one of the worst in the country, but they also had a pretty poor reputation on campus -- a low GPA as a team and, as far as I know, not particularly well-liked by many students.

He totally transformed and revitalized the program. He recruited better and smarter football players, and instituted morning runs, breakfast and dinner sign in, and mandatory study hall for players with a GPA below 3.0 (or maybe it was 2.7). This caused many of the players to quit during his first season, but the change in culture was totally necessary given the state of the football program following the 2002 season.

Anyways, he found success early on, even before Dom Randolph arrived. Obviously, Dom made him and many others look very good, but it wasn't just him. He had a slew of other top-notch players (I am pretty sure that HC routinely placed the most 1st and 2nd team All-PL players from 2006-2009), and some very good assistant coaches who have gone on to better jobs elsewhere.

The problem the past few years is that, first and foremost, Dom graduated; there was going to be a bit of a regression. But, I think that HC has lost some of their better assistants since 2009, and recruiting definitely has not been up to par with the rest of the PL (I blame that partially on TG and the assistants, but admissions definitely has something to do with it.). I recall TG saying that recruiting at Lehigh is much, much easier than it is at Holy Cross.

Combine the graduation of Dom Randolph, losing some top assistant coaches, recruiting not being up to par, injuries depleting the team last year, and admissions being very stringent, and that's the reason for the 14-19 record over the past three seasons. Just my .02

crusader11
September 11th, 2013, 09:27 AM
That doesn't cut it at Princeton, and Gilmore (another great coach from Dartmouth) is approaching that level.

I really don't think Gilmore's job is in any danger.

The administration and TPTB at HC really like him. He recruits quality athletes, the team has a very good reputation on campus, and he graduates his players. It's sad, but as long as the preceding three factors remain true, the W/L record isn't that important to many of the decisions makers at HC.

CFBfan
September 11th, 2013, 10:08 AM
You've gotta stop placing blame on admissions ALL the PL coaches deal with that and none more so than Kevin Kelly and he beat Gillmore 2 of the last 3 years!!!!!

Go Green
September 11th, 2013, 10:16 AM
. It's sad, but as long as the preceding three factors remain true, the W/L record isn't that important to many of the decisions makers at HC.

Peter Vaas and Dan Allen say hello.

crusader11
September 11th, 2013, 10:18 AM
You've gotta stop placing blame on admissions ALL the PL coaches deal with that and none more so than Kevin Kelly and he beat Gillmore 2 of the last 3 years!!!!!

I think it is pretty well-known that Georgetown has the most stringent admissions, while Fordham, Lehigh, and Colgate are more lax than the rest.

And, whether you want to believe it or not, each school's admissions office is a huge part of whether a program is successful or not. When Lehigh and Colgate are getting kids that other PL schools are rejecting, it's no mystery why they are at the top of the league most years.

This is taken from Crossports (the HC message board):

The reality is that the PL has academic bands that everyone has agreed on. You are allowed to dip to a certain floor to admit kids. These aren't idiots who can't do the work, but they are kids that normally wouldn't get in. HC has dipped far, far less times to that lowest band than Colgate, Lehigh have...(believe over last 10 years, HC has dipped 4 times, Lehigh 33 and Colgate 25)

crusader11
September 11th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Peter Vaas and Dan Allen say hello.

Vaas' career record was 14-30 (you have to win at least some of the time), and Dan Allen (RIP) died six months after he was relieved of his duties as head coach.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 11th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Only 3 coaches since the 1940's have winning records, Carter, Duffner and Gilmore. HC has been a very tough place to win for over 60 years.

HC fans really hold onto that short window of greatness. Besides that, the Crusaders have been a poor to middling program.

colorless raider
September 11th, 2013, 10:52 AM
I think it is pretty well-known that Georgetown has the most stringent admissions, while Fordham, Lehigh, and Colgate are more lax than the rest.

And, whether you want to believe it or not, each school's admissions office is a huge part of whether a program is successful or not. When Lehigh and Colgate are getting kids that other PL schools are rejecting, it's no mystery why they are at the top of the league most years.

The reality is that the PL has academic bands that everyone has agreed on. You are allowed to dip to a certain floor to admit kids. These aren't idiots who can't do the work, but they are kids that normally wouldn't get in. HC has dipped far, far less times to that lowest band than Colgate, Lehigh have...(believe over last 10 years, HC has dipped 4 times, Lehigh 33 and Colgate 25)

You don't know what you are talking about. Overall Colgate's admission standards are second to G'town in the PL, EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT! Moreover, the stats about dips to low band are not public. It is true that it is harder to recruit at HC than Lehigh, but not Colgate.

Sader87
September 11th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Only 3 coaches since the 1940's have winning records, Carter, Duffner and Gilmore. HC has been a very tough place to win for over 60 years.

HC fans really hold onto that short window of greatness. Besides that, the Crusaders have been a poor to middling program.

For the most part you're correct, though College FB HoF'er Dr Eddie Anderson says hello:

http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/coaching/alltime_coach_year_by_year.php?coachid=48

RichH2
September 11th, 2013, 11:05 AM
An academic,lol, discussion.AI bands apply to all. That HC may be more stringent with Fball than others seems real to my view.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 11th, 2013, 11:36 AM
I think Gilmore is a fabulous coach, and a great ambassador for Holy Cross. Prior to his coming to HC, not only was the football program one of the worst in the country, but they also had a pretty poor reputation on campus -- a low GPA as a team and, as far as I know, not particularly well-liked by many students.

He totally transformed and revitalized the program. He recruited better and smarter football players, and instituted morning runs, breakfast and dinner sign in, and mandatory study hall for players with a GPA below 3.0 (or maybe it was 2.7). This caused many of the players to quit during his first season, but the change in culture was totally necessary given the state of the football program following the 2002 season.

Anyways, he found success early on, even before Dom Randolph arrived. Obviously, Dom made him and many others look very good, but it wasn't just him. He had a slew of other top-notch players (I am pretty sure that HC routinely placed the most 1st and 2nd team All-PL players from 2006-2009), and some very good assistant coaches who have gone on to better jobs elsewhere.

The problem the past few years is that, first and foremost, Dom graduated; there was going to be a bit of a regression. But, I think that HC has lost some of their better assistants since 2009, and recruiting definitely has not been up to par with the rest of the PL (I blame that partially on TG and the assistants, but admissions definitely has something to do with it.). I recall TG saying that recruiting at Lehigh is much, much easier than it is at Holy Cross.

Combine the graduation of Dom Randolph, losing some top assistant coaches, recruiting not being up to par, injuries depleting the team last year, and admissions being very stringent, and that's the reason for the 14-19 record over the past three seasons. Just my .02

+1 Agree completely with this analysis.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 11th, 2013, 11:39 AM

The AI band system makes sure only a certain number of low-band kids can be admitted, so that can't be an excuse any longer. I think the bands have been in place for at least four years. I want to say five.

I'd love to see a statistic as to how may "low band" students graduate with honors. I'd be willing to bet that the number is close to 97%.

Sader87
September 11th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Patriot League: "Where the band talk isn't about marching bands."

crusader11
September 11th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Patriot League: "Where the band talk isn't about marching bands."

So, what you're telling me is that the Patriot League bands are different than the MEAC bands???

Pard4Life
September 11th, 2013, 11:52 AM
All right people... focus! Pick'em time...

Bad week, 3-3, 6-4 overall... and here we go...

New Hampshire 38, Colgate 31... UNH can score like lightning, and Colgate's defense responds like thunder... after the fact. It will be closer than most think.

Temple 34, Fordham 20... Owls will not take Rams lightly since they beat cross-regional rail network rival Villanova. Fordham has the offense to keep up, but talent and depth dispairity too much to overcome for Rams.

Lehigh 45, Monmouth 14... Like Tony Soprano, Lehigh needed a kick to wake its system up. Last week's furious comeback after being down by a bunch was that kick. And like Tony, Lehigh will be the predator for awhile at least, even though they are not very good and got handled last week. Monmouth is not very good either. If Engineers do not win convincingly, there could be a few hick-ups this season in the PL.

CCSU 34, Holy Cross 14... CCSU was a very good team and kind of Frankosaur'd away the game at Lehigh. But CCSU will likely not see such a quick strike offense the rest of the year. Meanwhile, Sader87 is leading the charge to abolish Holy Cross football. Should he change his name to AbolishHolyCrossFootball? After this season, they may want to do that.

William & Mary 31, Lafayette 21... Well, I picked the Pards correctly with 24 points, but winning by a field goal, not los... aw forget it. They are not winning this one, with the king of the pigskin Jurassic period roaming the sidelines. Pard loss fresh in the minds of Tribe and they had a solid rebound win after near upset at WVU. However, Tavani usually has his teams ready to play in big games (sans Lehigh lately) against scholarship teams... wait a minute... we are a scholarship team! We will see last week's game plan copy and pasted into this week's playbook. I have been trying to lead a Tavani mutiny on the Lafayette board... it's the only way out of this mess. We could have Alabama's roster and still go 7-4 and lose to Princeton. Not happening.

Georgetown 35, Marist 14... Maybe, just maybe, the Hoyas have a shot this year. After all, they know how to schedule... Pioneer teams and teams that lose to D2 schools. Forget trying to better yourselves through competition and take the easy road.

Go Green
September 11th, 2013, 11:55 AM
I'd love to see a statistic as to how may "low band" students graduate with honors. I'd be willing to bet that the number is close to 97%.

If you were at Harvard in the late 1990s to mid 2000s, that would be a safe bet.

No fooling- 90% of Harvard students graduated with honors in that era. Wasn't until the mid 2000s when the faculty was embarrassed enough to revise the grading system at Harvard.

colorless raider
September 11th, 2013, 12:28 PM
All right people... focus! Pick'em time...

Bad week, 3-3, 6-4 overall... and here we go...

New Hampshire 38, Colgate 31... UNH can score like lightning, and Colgate's defense responds like thunder... after the fact. It will be closer than most think.

Temple 34, Fordham 20... Owls will not take Rams lightly since they beat cross-regional rail network rival Villanova. Fordham has the offense to keep up, but talent and depth dispairity too much to overcome for Rams.

Lehigh 45, Monmouth 14... Like Tony Soprano, Lehigh needed a kick to wake its system up. Last week's furious comeback after being down by a bunch was that kick. And like Tony, Lehigh will be the predator for awhile at least, even though they are not very good and got handled last week. Monmouth is not very good either. If Engineers do not win convincingly, there could be a few hick-ups this season in the PL.

CCSU 34, Holy Cross 14... CCSU was a very good team and kind of Frankosaur'd away the game at Lehigh. But CCSU will likely not see such a quick strike offense the rest of the year. Meanwhile, Sader87 is leading the charge to abolish Holy Cross football. Should he change his name to AbolishHolyCrossFootball? After this season, they may want to do that.

William & Mary 31, Lafayette 21... Well, I picked the Pards correctly with 24 points, but winning by a field goal, not los... aw forget it. They are not winning this one, with the king of the pigskin Jurassic period roaming the sidelines. Pard loss fresh in the minds of Tribe and they had a solid rebound win after near upset at WVU. However, Tavani usually has his teams ready to play in big games (sans Lehigh lately) against scholarship teams... wait a minute... we are a scholarship team! We will see last week's game plan copy and pasted into this week's playbook. I have been trying to lead a Tavani mutiny on the Lafayette board... it's the only way out of this mess. We could have Alabama's roster and still go 7-4 and lose to Princeton. Not happening.

Georgetown 35, Marist 14... Maybe, just maybe, the Hoyas have a shot this year. After all, they know how to schedule... Pioneer teams and teams that lose to D2 schools. Forget trying to better yourselves through competition and take the easy road.

Lehigh
UNH
G'town
W and M
Temple
CCSU

jimbo65
September 11th, 2013, 12:35 PM

I realize that there are certain "band" rules, whatever they might be, however some thought should be given to a quote attributed to Fr. O'Hare, Fr. McShane's predecessor as Prez. of Fordham. Basically what he said was (in reference to basketball) that those athletes whose prior academic record indicates a reasonable probability of graduating should be given a chance. Seems basic common sense to me though I grant you we apparently agreed to the rules so we should heed them. Likely there is enough "wiggle" room to allow some judgement.

Pard4Life
September 11th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Lehigh
UNH
G'town
W and M
Temple
CCSU

This seems to be the consensus i.e. conventional wisdom. But almost always, somebody wins who should not, and somebody loses who should not.

This week I'd go with:

Team who should not win but could: Fordham

Team who should win but may not: Lehigh

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 11th, 2013, 01:09 PM
This seems to be the consensus i.e. conventional wisdom. But almost always, somebody wins who should not, and somebody loses who should not.

This week I'd go with:

Team who should not win but could: Fordham

Team who should win but may not: Lehigh

Lehigh will not lose to Monmouth nor will it be close. If somehow they do lose to the Hawks a 2 or 3 win becomes not only possible but perhaps probable. Monmouth is extremely poor. They have a good running back and a respectable WR. Outside of that, nothing.....

A Temple loss to Fordham would be a devastating blow to the program.

Fordham does have a better shot at beating Temple than Monmouth does of beating Lehigh. I really think people are jumping to conclusions about the Hawks after one game. Lehigh will be fine. Temple on the other hand might be without their starting QB. We know our back is against the wall if we want to make a bowl. Granted, we do play in the AAC after all. If the game is close midway through the 3rd pressure could be a factor.

Lehigh'98
September 11th, 2013, 01:22 PM
+1 Agree completely with this analysis.

Perhaps he should have thought twice about taking the HC job then. However good his coaching is, he isn't doing his career any favors with 2-9 seasons.

Bogus Megapardus
September 11th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Week 3 Sportsbook:

New Hampshire (-13) vs. Colgate

Lehigh (-5˝) at Monmouth

Georgetown (-15˝) vs. Marist

William & Mary (-14) at Lafayette

Holy Cross (-2) at Central Connecticut

Temple (-20˝) vs. Fordham

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 11th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Week 3 Sportsbook:

Lehigh (-5˝) at Monmouth

If I had an extra $100 laying around i'd put it on Lehigh to cover.

I'd put $20 on CCSU to win outright.

I wouldn't touch the others....

Lehigh'98
September 11th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Week 3 Sportsbook:

Lehigh (-5˝) at Monmouth

Cross line begging you to take CCSU. This is when u should usually go the other way. HC by a fg or Td.

carney2
September 11th, 2013, 01:57 PM
You don't know what you are talking about. Overall Colgate's admission standards are second to G'town in the PL, EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT! Moreover, the stats about dips to low band are not public. It is true that it is harder to recruit at HC than Lehigh, but not Colgate.

True, but we're talking about FOOTBALL admissions here, not the general student body. I have no data and I defer to those who do, but the perception among the Patriot League faithful is that Colgate and Lehigh bend a lot further in this area than anyone else.

Pard4Life
September 11th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Week 3 Sportsbook:

Lehigh (-5˝) at Monmouth

Colgate
Lehigh
Georgetown
Lafayette
CCSU
Fordham

Pard4Life
September 11th, 2013, 02:02 PM
True, but we're talking about FOOTBALL admissions here, not the general student body. I have no data and I defer to those who do, but the perception among the Patriot League faithful is that Colgate and Lehigh bend a lot further in this area than anyone else.

Lehigh has the lowest APR rate of any PL program... but a fair margin. Colgate is high 80s if I recall.

RichH2
September 11th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Lowest APR is Bucknell
Gate 978
HC 976
FU 976
GU 977
LC 986
LU 973

All pretty well grouped. Got to update your info P4L

Pard4Life
September 11th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Lowest APR is Bucknell
Gate 978
HC 976
FU 976
GU 977
LC 986
LU 973

All pretty well grouped. Got to update your info P4L

All right then I cited the wrong statistic... perhaps its graduation rate... hesitated but said APR. Lehigh is the lowest in something significant... don't have the time to sleuth it or check my old posts. Rich?

RichH2
September 11th, 2013, 02:57 PM
All right then I cited the wrong statistic... perhaps its graduation rate... hesitated but said APR. Lehigh is the lowest in something significant... don't have the time to sleuth it or check my old posts. Rich?
:) No,P4L ,just knew it had gone up couldn't recall exact #s Looking back at 5 yr spread,effect of AI clear. Entire PL w/in basically same range as opposed to 5 yrs ago when the spread was much larger. Seems likely Grad rates have moved into similar ranges. Well we'll see in a few yrs

PAllen
September 11th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Lehigh is the lowest in something significant... don't have the time to sleuth it....

Oh yeah? Well Lafayette is bad at something important too! I just don't have the time to figure it out right now. xslapfightxxslapfightxxslapfightx

carney2
September 11th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Oh yeah? Well Lafayette is bad at something important too! I just don't have the time to figure it out right now. xslapfightxxslapfightxxslapfightx

Bad at football, but we don't care. We talk a good game.

Lehigh'98
September 11th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Lehigh will not lose to Monmouth nor will it be close. If somehow they do lose to the Hawks a 2 or 3 win becomes not only possible but perhaps probable. Monmouth is extremely poor. They have a good running back and a respectable WR. Outside of that, nothing.....

A Temple loss to Fordham would be a devastating blow to the program.

Fordham does have a better shot at beating Temple than Monmouth does of beating Lehigh. I really think people are jumping to conclusions about the Hawks after one game. Lehigh will be fine. Temple on the other hand might be without their starting QB. We know our back is against the wall if we want to make a bowl. Granted, we do play in the AAC after all. If the game is close midway through the 3rd pressure could be a factor.

I'm not so sure Lehigh will be fine Owl. They have issues on defense. Front seven and even secondary which I wasn't as concerned about b4 season started.
We will see what happens against Monmouth and UNH. I see lots of high scoring affairs this season, but when Lehigh is at its best, the D is stout. Hopefully coach Bott can improve things, but from what I'm hearing, there is cause for concern.

crusader11
September 11th, 2013, 06:03 PM

Maybe coach-speak, but Coen called Monmouth better than CCSU.

Per Michael Lore -- Coen: "This football team we’re playing (#Monmouth) I think is a better team than the one we just played (#CCSU), even though they’re 0-2."

RichH2
September 11th, 2013, 06:11 PM
MU overall has more better athletes than CCSU. Bott will get LBs straightened out. By this game? My take is we will need all of that miracle game 1 to 2 improvement to dominate this team. They have 2 games vs top competition so game speed wil be an issue for us at the start. Saw Coyle out for game with shoulder. This game crucial for D to meld.Princeton and UNH are next up

Sader87
September 11th, 2013, 06:13 PM
I know, compare scores at your own peril, but if Bryant can hang around in Orono Saturday afternoon, I'll feel a hell of a lot better about Holy Cross.

RichH2
September 11th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Gee a waft of nerves swept over the threadxbadxxeekxxviolinx

aceinthehole
September 11th, 2013, 06:59 PM

Per Michael Lore -- Coen: "This football team we’re playing (#Monmouth) I think is a better team than the one we just played (#CCSU), even though they’re 0-2."

MU was certainly the better team last year, but I'm not sure that holds true this year.

Pard4Life
September 11th, 2013, 07:03 PM
:) No,P4L ,just knew it had gone up couldn't recall exact #s Looking back at 5 yr spread,effect of AI clear. Entire PL w/in basically same range as opposed to 5 yrs ago when the spread was much larger. Seems likely Grad rates have moved into similar ranges. Well we'll see in a few yrs

No, this is a specific percentage-based statistic.

Pard4Life
September 11th, 2013, 07:04 PM

Tavani used to say the same things about Georgetown... until one day, they were true.

crusader11
September 11th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Speaking of Tavani, I know you Lafayette guys like to call him the Frankosauraus, but he looks much like more Warrio from Mario Kart, in my opinion.

18238 18239

Bogey, Carney, Tanks, P4L, what say you?

Go...gate
September 11th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Lehigh has the lowest APR rate of any PL program... but a fair margin. Colgate is high 80s if I recall.

I actually thought Colgate's APR was pretty good.

Bogus Megapardus
September 11th, 2013, 09:17 PM
I can see the resemblance . . .

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9209/1bt0.png

Tribal
September 11th, 2013, 10:53 PM
I'm driving pretty far to Easton...longer drive home if Tribe loses.

carney2
September 12th, 2013, 08:19 AM
I'm driving pretty far to Easton...longer drive home if Tribe loses.

You need to be careful on that drive home. Giddy may impair your judgment.

carney2
September 12th, 2013, 08:22 AM
I'm not so sure Lehigh will be fine Owl. They have issues on defense. Front seven and even secondary which I wasn't as concerned about b4 season started.
We will see what happens against Monmouth and UNH. I see lots of high scoring affairs this season, but when Lehigh is at its best, the D is stout. Hopefully coach Bott can improve things, but from what I'm hearing, there is cause for concern.

Another problem may eventually be at QB. Bialkowsi is not a runner, so that dimension is out of his game. As a passer he has a relatively weak arm and tends to float the ball beyond a certain distance. Can't run + marginal pass = ????

Doc QB
September 12th, 2013, 08:46 AM
I agree '98...and something that hasnt been talked about is LU's size. If you look in program or press guide, you'd feel okay, but I was on the field after the CCSU game and was more than a little surprised at how inflated the program height/weights were. I mean, we all gave ourselves and inch and ten pounds when I played. But our QB is nowhere near 6'1" 200 pounds, he's 5'10" and not a run threat. The LB and DBs are very, very undersized as well, Nigel included.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 12th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Personally I think we're going to find out that CCSU is a pretty gosh-darned good football team over the course of the season. It's going to be an interesting battle as to whether they or Duquesne will win the autobid for the NEC. I'd give the Dukes the edge, probably.

BB wasn't 100% on Saturday but it's hard to argue with the results.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 12th, 2013, 12:45 PM
MU overall has more better athletes than CCSU. Bott will get LBs straightened out. By this game? My take is we will need all of that miracle game 1 to 2 improvement to dominate this team. They have 2 games vs top competition so game speed wil be an issue for us at the start. Saw Coyle out for game with shoulder. This game crucial for D to meld.Princeton and UNH are next up

I honestly did not see much in Monmouth from a speed and/or size perspective. MSU could have beat them by 80 if they wanted to. I know MSU is a Top 10 team but still. I don't see anyway the Shore Hawks are better than CCSU.

Pard4Life
September 12th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Speaking of Tavani, I know you Lafayette guys like to call him the Frankosauraus, but he looks much like more Warrio from Mario Kart, in my opinion.

18238 18239

Eh, I don't know... I always thought of Tavani more as a Stalin look a-like.

van
September 12th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Another problem may eventually be at QB. Bialkowsi is not a runner, so that dimension is out of his game. As a passer he has a relatively weak arm and tends to float the ball beyond a certain distance. Can't run + marginal pass = ????

Well he certainly was not a runner on Saturday, not sure if that is due to hammy or just the way it is, time will tell.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 12th, 2013, 01:08 PM

I thought his arm was decent. Lum didn't have the strongest arm, which is why he threw INT's, but made up for it with a great deep ball, toughness and just good enough running ability. If BB can make the right decisions and stay healthy he'll have All PL type numbers by the end of the year.

RichH2
September 12th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Actually BB athletic and a pretty good runner. Hammy is the limiting factor altho he is a pass first guy unlike Mike

RichH2
September 12th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Dagnabit. No football on PL network this Sat. Boy,I got used to that quicklyxbadx

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 12th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Dagnabit. No football on PL network this Sat. Boy,I got used to that quicklyxbadx

I was wondering if they'll be a LU-MU video broadcast. I'll take that as a no? I'm hoping I'll be able to follow the TU-FU game.....

blackbeard
September 12th, 2013, 04:12 PM
New Hampshire
Lehigh
Georgetown
William & Mary
Central Connecticut
Temple

Leopard Loyalist
September 12th, 2013, 05:01 PM
COLGATE @ New Hampshire

FORDHAM @ Temple

LEHIGH @ Monmouth

Marist @ GEORGETOWN

RichH2
September 12th, 2013, 07:16 PM
I honestly did not see much in Monmouth from a speed and/or size perspective. MSU could have beat them by 80 if they wanted to. I know MSU is a Top 10 team but still. I don't see anyway the Shore Hawks are better than CCSU.
Hope you're right owl

LehighU11
September 12th, 2013, 07:20 PM
I was wondering if they'll be a LU-MU video broadcast. I'll take that as a no? I'm hoping I'll be able to follow the TU-FU game.....
Fordham at Temple is listed as an ESPN3 broadcast. You should be set.

Supposedly all five PL games (excluding Fordham, which is on CBS SN) plus UNH will be available on the PL network for Lehigh.

Go...gate
September 12th, 2013, 07:22 PM
New Hampshire 34, Colgate 21

Temple 31, Fordham 17

Lehigh 27, Monmouth 16

Holy Cross 22, Central Connecticut 20

William & Mary 28, Lafayette 7

Georgetown 35, Marist 24

ngineer
September 12th, 2013, 10:01 PM
My understanding of Coen's concern of Monmouth is that they are, overall, more athletic than CCSU. Their QB transfer from UMass supposedly has a great arm, but is making usual early mistakes thinking he can zip the ball anywhere he wants, even into double coverage. Hopefully, he's a slow learner. In addition, a good chunk of their OL and DL are in their 5th year through redshirts, which can make a significant difference, experience-wise, when going up against several true sophomores. RT Kyle Moore will miss second straight game with concussion symptoms, and TE Coyle out with shoulder; however, we're fairly deep at TE.

From my observations last Saturday, I thought Bialkowski threw a better ball than Lum. Very tight spiral and on the mark. Colvin had a cannon, but didn't have the greatest accuracy. BB was quite restricted by the hammy with obvious limp in the second half. Possibly aggravated by those QB draws that were called early...over which I still shake my head. When you have two stud backs in Sherman and Farrell, no reason to be calling that stuff at the three yard line and first and goal.

carney2
September 12th, 2013, 11:07 PM

18238 18239

Up in row 43 we always thought he looked like a guy who forgot where he parked his camel.

VT Wildcat Fan53
September 12th, 2013, 11:49 PM
Week 3 - Sept. 14, 2013

Colgate 38 @ UNH 52 (Too much offensive firepower for 'Gate to handle)

FORDHAM 24 @ Temple 23 (PL contribution to '13 FCS stunners!)

LEHIGH 37 @ Monmouth 17 (overmatched foe)

Holy Cross 17 @ CENTRAL CT 21 (long season for Cross)

W&M 24 @ Lafayette 14 (W&M better than expected)

Marist 7 @ GEORGETOWN 38 (simply a superior team)

Sader87
September 13th, 2013, 11:37 AM
7-4 overall (picking straight up no spreads)

UNH 34 Colgate 17 Too much firepower with or without their starting QB.

Temple 37 Fordham 20 Great start for the Rams but the FBS Owls are a little too much.

Lehigh 30 Monmouth 16 Engineers in workman like fashion.

W&M 31 Lafayette 13 The Tribe looks strong this year.

Georgetown 61 Marist 57 Rik Smits not quite enough for the Red Foxes.

HC 28 CCSU 25 I'd feel a lot better if this was at Fitton, but I think the Saders eke this out in a "circle the wagons" sort of way.

Bogus Megapardus
September 13th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Happy Friday the Thirteenth. For all you non-believers out there, just wait and see how you team performs tomorrow. But enough with the pleasantries and on with the picks:

Colgate @ New Hampshire - New Hampshire is going to win this game but not before they have to overcome a Gavin McCarney-induced deficit. That said, the Wildcats lost to Central Michigan after being firmly in control throughout the game. Colgate probably would've beat Central Michigan. But New Hampshire's defense is stacked and will grind out a second-half win. New Hampshire 31-24

Fordham @ Temple - Temple is struggling once again. The Owls got handled by mediocre Houston (not to mention Notre Dame). While Temple is favored to win this game by a comfortable margin, I'm going out on a limb to say that the Rams are going to run the table this season - until they prove me wrong. Temple 31-28

Lehigh @ Monmouth - Those baleful, brownpantied bobblebrains continue their inauspicious trek through FCS's most middling. Years of relentless self-aggrandizement haven't paid off so far, so the scratch-n-sniffers actually planted one of their own partially-educated lackeys into the President's chair at Ol' Monmouth U. in order to "steer this contest towards a fair and favorable conclusion." The real winners here will be JWOWW and the other neighbors behind Kessler Field in Long Branch. No one at or near Monmouth has ever heard of Lee High (http://www.houstonisd.org/lee) (or however you spell it) so the paltry attendance will prove once and for all that stadium expansion is not necessary. Lehigh 35-20

Holy Cross @ Central Connecticut - The Infidels' loss to Towson was forgivable; their loss to Bryant was not. What in Allah's name (PBUH) is the matter with you guys? Did Barney Frank (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-kz2dGtSZs-Q/TtzQF9KL4rI/AAAAAAAAAxY/N7d3lrBrZqs/s1600/Barney+Frank+with+TSA.jpg) issue a non-aggression edict up there or something? This is another very short road trip to a game played in your back yard. Go win it, or you're all going have to undergo sedes stercoraria. Let's hope that testiculos habet et bene pendentes. Holy Cross 24-17

William & Mary @ Lafayette - OK, so the Pards lost one stupid game on a field goal as time expired and all of a sudden the Lafayette Board is, like, all doomsday and Big Fail and such. But they're right. We totally suck and we don't stand a chance against these guys. Even though we beat them last year and we sucked then, too, we're even suckier now. We used to say that it was a talent issue that could be addressed through scholarships and better recruiting. Now some are convinced that it's a coaching problem - about which nothing can be done at Lafayette College. William & Mary 31-10

Marist @ Georgetown - Georgetown's OOC schedule makes Lehigh's look like the SEC. Pick on someone your own size, why dontcha? Hoya fans will jam the bleachers at Multi-Sport Field (both rows!) and come away convinced, once again, of their Patriot League football supremacy. Be aware, however, that capitulation to the District of Columbia's political correctness enforcement goons means that the few rank, decrepit Porta-Johns that Georgetown actually has must be designated for transgender and transsexual patrons only. And stygobromus hayi amphipods too, 'cause they're endangered in the District. Gals and fellas will still have to use the bushes. Georgetown 28-21

DFW HOYA
September 13th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Georgetown's OOC schedule makes Lehigh's look like the SEC. Pick on someone your own size, why dontcha?

They're booked with Wagner instead.

http://brooklyn.news12.com/news/desperate-for-a-win-syracuse-hosts-wagner-1.6068404

Lehigh Football Nation
September 13th, 2013, 12:54 PM
8-3 overall thus far. Particuarly proud of picking Bucknell/Marist near perfectly. Two of my misses this year were on last-second wins (Georgetown/Wagner and SHU/LC). The third was the Fordham/Villanova game.

Lehigh 40, Monmouth 34. Read why here (http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2013/09/game-2-breakdown-lehigh-at-monmouth.html).

New Hampshire 38, Colgate 28. Wildcats front seven look strong enough to slow down Raiders before they make their championship run starting in Week 4.

Fordham 27, Temple 19. Having a hard time seeing where Temple's points are going to come from, and if anyone can engineer a victory against an AAC squad it's Moorhead, who is very familiar with the Owls from his time at UConn. The only thing that makes me hesitate is Rodriques' injury, but even then I think the Rams can certainly pull this off.

W&M 34, Lafayette 20. Pantsless Griffin revenge. Lafayette will look better this week, but Bill and Mary are one of the best in the CAA.

Georgetown 38, Marist 6. Remember when Georgetown wasn't expected to win these games?

CCSU 38, Holy Cross 13. Central will be a force to be reckoned with in the NEC.

Bogus Megapardus
September 13th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Eh, I don't know... I always thought of Tavani more as a Stalin look a-like.

For those attending the William & Mary - Lafayette game, I'll be handing out paper bags with peel-n-press Tavani moustaches at halftime. They can be trimmed for fit and likeness.

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/6162/lzo.gif

CFBfan
September 13th, 2013, 01:37 PM
does tavani not let you oc call the plays?

Pard4Life
September 13th, 2013, 02:29 PM
does tavani not let you oc call the plays?

Oh, the OC calls the plays.... The OC pauses, looks up at the portrait of Tavani in the box, and recites the Frankosaurus four commandments:

First Down: Run
Second Down: Run the ball again.
Third Down: Pass
Fourth Down: Punt

Pard4Life
September 13th, 2013, 02:31 PM
For those attending the William & Mary - Lafayette game, I'll be handing out paper bags with peel-n-press Tavani moustaches at halftime. They can be trimmed for fit and likeness.

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/6162/lzo.gif

Please make sure they are maroon-color paper bags... not like you can find brown colored paper bags anyhow... Lehigh alums have had a market monopoly there since... well, Asa Packer invented it. The brown paper bag was modeled on Asa Packer's head... a real square.

Pard4Life
September 13th, 2013, 02:32 PM
There are really only three goals this season for me:

1) Beat Lehigh
2) Beat Penn
3) Embarrass Georgetown

Bogus Megapardus
September 13th, 2013, 02:36 PM

1) Beat Lehigh
2) Beat Penn
3) Embarrass Georgetown

Agreed.

CFBfan
September 13th, 2013, 02:41 PM

3) Embarrass Georgetown

would that make up for being 0 (as in zero) - 3 the last 3 years?!

colorless raider
September 13th, 2013, 02:44 PM

1) Beat Lehigh
2) Beat Penn
3) Embarrass Georgetown

Glad you left us off the list.

CFBfan
September 13th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Agreed.

Bogie, in the event LU pulls it off you better be there to enjoy it because you know you won't be able to watch the telecast!!!!

Pard4Life
September 13th, 2013, 02:46 PM
[/COLOR]would that make up for being 0 (as in zero) - 3 the last 3 years?!
[/B]

No, that will be vengeance for their exclusionary and arrogant live telecast policy.

Pard4Life
September 13th, 2013, 02:48 PM

We've given up on you. It's a forgone conclusion. Like the Princeton game.

I'll predict it now: Colgate 91, Lafayette 56... we would have a better chance with Fran O'Hanlon coaching for us.

Meanwhile, Cleveland Browns management shows up in Hamilton, thinking Biddle can do for the Browns what Kelly did for the Eagles.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 13th, 2013, 02:53 PM
No, that will be vengeance for their exclusionary and arrogant live telecast policy.

Personally I think it was just to keep the Marquis off the air, but that's just me.

Pard4Life
September 13th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Personally I think it was just to keep the Marquis off the air, but that's just me.

I don't know why everyone in Pardsville is upset over the Marquis. Yes, it was cheesy. Yes, I was embarrassed and I put my head in my hand while laughing. But I kind of forgot it happened almost right after it did. And frankly, it kind of made me less depressed because it made me forget that SHU just scored in three plays.

Bogus Megapardus
September 13th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Bogie, in the event LU pulls it off you better be there to enjoy it because you know you won't be able to watch the telecast!!!!

I'm not sure I understand. Why not? Lafayette has the best television coverage in the league by far. In fact, our media coordinator, Matt Panto, was just hired by the Ivy League to help them set up something similar. Everyone else can fiddle with their computer streams while we get every game on broadcast/cable/satellite TV. Did I miss something?

carney2
September 13th, 2013, 03:11 PM

You're not off my list. One of my 3 would be to hold Colgate to under 950 yds.

Pard4Life
September 13th, 2013, 03:16 PM
You're not off my list. One of my 3 would be to hold Colgate to under 950 yds.

While I was about to admonish you for not thinking big, this is thinking big...

Bogus Megapardus
September 13th, 2013, 03:19 PM

Not a chance, I hope. More Marquis!

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/8594/gpnj.jpg

CFBfan
September 13th, 2013, 03:19 PM
I'm not sure I understand. Why not? Lafayette has the best television coverage in the league by far. In fact, our media coordinator, Matt Panto, was just hired by the Ivy League to help them set up something similar. Everyone else can fiddle with their computer streams while we get every game on broadcast/cable/satellite TV. Did I miss something?

because it's a Gtown and they are so upset with you NO outside telecasts allowed!!!

Bogus Megapardus
September 13th, 2013, 03:42 PM
because it's a Gtown and they are so upset with you NO outside telecasts allowed!!!

OK I get it. I thought you were talking about the Lehigh game for some reason. I've always assumed that the Georgetown game won't be broadcast even though Lafayette's web site shows that it will be.

Bogus Megapardus
September 13th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Please make sure they are maroon-color paper bags... not like you can find brown colored paper bags anyhow... Lehigh alums have had a market monopoly there since... well, Asa Packer invented it. The brown paper bag was modeled on Asa Packer's head... a real square.

When we were kids, we used to leave flaming brown paper bags on old Mr. Schmuckmeier's front porch . . . well, you get the idea.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 13th, 2013, 03:53 PM
I don't know why everyone in Pardsville is upset over the Marquis. Yes, it was cheesy. Yes, I was embarrassed and I put my head in my hand while laughing. But I kind of forgot it happened almost right after it did. And frankly, it kind of made me less depressed because it made me forget that SHU just scored in three plays.

If you guys had won, though, think about it - the Marquis would have come back every week with his football picks.

"Eye theeenk the Croo-sadeurs of HolEE Cross will prevail over zee Blue Deveels...."

ngineer
September 13th, 2013, 04:06 PM

Looks like a spotted pussy to me...

Pard4Life
September 13th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Looks like a spotted pussy to me...

I don't mind the Marquis. At least our mascot is not a magical pop-culture icon:

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/38390323/Mr+Hanky+mr_hankey_the_christmas_poo_by.jpg

ngineer
September 13th, 2013, 04:13 PM
[QUOTE=Bogus Megapardus;2005309]I'm not sure I understand. Why not? Lafayette has the best television coverage in the league by far. In fact, our media coordinator, Matt Panto, was just hired by the Ivy League to help them set up something similar. Everyone else can fiddle with their computer streams while we get every game on broadcast/cable/satellite TV. Did I miss something?[/QUOT

Actually, you guys have a nice broadcast set up and coverage.* LU for whatever reason, not sure if its $, has chosen to stay with Service Electric and their package. However, demographic studies are showing more and more people are watching "tv" on their computers. Especially the younger generation. No one buys tvs. They all watch on the gizmos. So maybe it's the wave of the future for which I do not care.
* Don't really care for Leone's sideline shtick. What's he know of football? Laubach and the color guy do a nice job and don't 'overdo' the homerism.

Pard4Life
September 13th, 2013, 04:27 PM
[QUOTE=Bogus Megapardus;2005309]I'm not sure I understand. Why not? Lafayette has the best television coverage in the league by far. In fact, our media coordinator, Matt Panto, was just hired by the Ivy League to help them set up something similar. Everyone else can fiddle with their computer streams while we get every game on broadcast/cable/satellite TV. Did I miss something?[/QUOT

Actually, you guys have a nice broadcast set up and coverage.* LU for whatever reason, not sure if its $, has chosen to stay with Service Electric and their package. However, demographic studies are showing more and more people are watching "tv" on their computers. Especially the younger generation. No one buys tvs. They all watch on the gizmos. So maybe it's the wave of the future for which I do not care.
* Don't really care for Leone's sideline shtick. What's he know of football? Laubach and the color guy do a nice job and don't 'overdo' the homerism.

I would rather watch an internet streaming broadcast, but on a TV screen. Gizmo screens are small, and tablets are not much better.

Pard4Life
September 13th, 2013, 04:29 PM

I don't know... Leone is fine. Upbeat and enthusiastic. Leone is pretty honest and straightforward when it comes to basketball. Football, he mainly reports on the sideline. He was "booted" from the booth, so they say. Guess that bumped Dan Mowdie.

FWIW, Leone is one million times better than Marty Horn.

Bogus Megapardus
September 13th, 2013, 04:35 PM

We have all the streaming coverage as well, of course, plus you can get it on iPhone and Android.

John Leone knows the college and the players very well. He's always there - his questions are at least as appropriate as any national sideline reporter. Plus, we now have a live pregame show (with a game day set) hosted by Matt Provence along with two knowledgeable football alumni, Phil Ng '88 and Maurice Bennett '06.

Leone's job is Lafayette homerism, just as the function of the new PLN talent (whensoever they might appear) will be to promote the league during broadcasts.

Bogus Megapardus
September 13th, 2013, 04:41 PM

Give the guy a break, P4L. Marty really needs the job now that the town is going to tear down his ramshackle hot dog joint in West Orange, NJ - Pals Cabin - and put up a CVS.

Sader87
September 13th, 2013, 04:58 PM
The unquestioned dean of Patriot League announcers, Mr E, Bob Fouracre.

Bogus Megapardus
September 13th, 2013, 05:10 PM
The unquestioned dean of Patriot League announcers, Mr E, Bob Fouracre.

I'll see your Fouracre and raise you a Gary Laubach - the golden-voiced one.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/lafa/sports/m-footbl/auto_vipplayer/8119438.jpeg

Oh, Myyyyyyyy . . . .

Go...gate
September 13th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Give the guy a break, P4L. Marty really needs the job now that the town is going to tear down his ramshackle hot dog joint in West Orange, NJ - Pals Cabin - and put up a CVS.

Pals was a great place.

crusader11
September 13th, 2013, 06:58 PM

When I was at HC, we'd always head to Pals on Friday afternoons when traveling to the Pennsy schools. Great place. RIP.

RichH2
September 13th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Lived in WO for many years.Pals was our Sunday Breakfast most weeks. Horn family really special people; Heck,we had our wedding reception at Mayfair Farms.Marty out in Madison now. Volunteer Coaching QBs at Madison HS.

RichH2
September 13th, 2013, 08:36 PM
A stray thought. I wonder when anyone will post about their football games on their Board. Lots of posts on football recruiting none about current season.

Sandlapper Spike
September 13th, 2013, 09:13 PM
I'll take a shot at these...picking a couple of upsets.

COLGATE @ New Hampshire

FORDHAM @ Temple

LEHIGH @ Monmouth

Marist @ GEORGETOWN

Bye: BUCKNELL (Bye can be hard to score on, though)

Bogus Megapardus
September 13th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Lived in WO for many years.Pals was our Sunday Breakfast most weeks. Horn family really special people; Heck,we had our wedding reception at Mayfair Farms.Marty out in Madison now. Volunteer Coaching QBs at Madison HS.

I lived in West Orange as well - in two different places. Sunday brunch at Pals with four little kids. And virtually every "event" dinner was at Mayfair. Cream of Mushroom soup to start, every time.

http://o1.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/PATCH/format/jpg/quality/82/resize/393x295/http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/storage/patch/ec07c72c4e452f8456994f017e7e2f19

RichH2
September 13th, 2013, 09:38 PM
A man of exquisite taste. Cream of mushroom soup I still remember. Admit Liked sneaking over to Pal's for a cheeseburger sans family for some Solace. Sunday breakfast great but exhausting with 4 kids all in rugrat stage and they just sat thru Mass.

Go...gate
September 13th, 2013, 10:18 PM
Pals had "real food". Wonderful steaks, fish and sandwiches. And the cream of mushroom soup was outstanding!

My parents loved the place - they were going there way back in the day.

The Horn family were really nice people.

Pard4Life
September 13th, 2013, 10:20 PM
Geez, is this the West Orange reunion thread? I was there at one time as well. Yes, Pals is closed. I have had family going there since the 1930s. My dad likes to recall the story of a suspicuous murder that took place there during that time. And my uncle used to buy their pies, I think coconut cream. Marty Horn played QB for Millburn I believe, Madison's archrival on Thanksgiving. How ironic.

Still a terrible color commentator and QB.

Pard4Life
September 13th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Pals had "real food". Wonderful steaks, fish and sandwiches. And the cream of mushroom soup was outstanding!

My parents loved the place - they were going there way back in the day.

The Horn family were really nice people.

... until they sided with the brown-shirts.

Bogus Megapardus
September 13th, 2013, 10:26 PM
Pals had "real food". Wonderful steaks, fish and sandwiches.

Check this out . . . Pals menu from 1939. Could you imagine those prices?

http://media.nj.com/star-ledger/photo/2013/03/12453273-standard.jpg

Pard4Life
September 13th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Check this out . . . Pals menu from 1939. Could you imagine those prices?

http://media.nj.com/star-ledger/photo/2013/03/12453273-standard.jpg

Good God... you could order everything, and not quite break a $10!

Saw an old railroad dining car menu from the 1950s in Grand Central a few months ago... I think caviar was $2.

ngineer
September 13th, 2013, 10:38 PM
I don't know... Leone is fine. Upbeat and enthusiastic. Leone is pretty honest and straightforward when it comes to basketball. Football, he mainly reports on the sideline. He was "booted" from the booth, so they say. Guess that bumped Dan Mowdie.

But Marty won a lot more games...

cmaxwellgsu
September 13th, 2013, 11:15 PM
Allow me to clear my throat, and my predictions are as followed:

A handful of thousands will gather at various locations, they will spiritedly debate whose mediocrity is superiority, will agree they are as legitimate as the Ivies, and then proceed to each watch four quarters of ****ty football.....

Bogus Megapardus
September 13th, 2013, 11:26 PM

A handful of thousands will gather at various locations, they will spiritedly debate whose mediocrity is superiority, will agree they are as legitimate as the Ivies, and then proceed to each watch four quarters of ****ty football.....

We invented the freakin' game so we'll watch it any way we want. But thanks for sharing. Really.

Sader87
September 13th, 2013, 11:39 PM

Ahhhh Autumn in Marietta, Georgia....I can almost smell the rendering plants...

Lehigh'98
September 13th, 2013, 11:42 PM

Replace Ivies with Conference USA or MAC and that will be y'all in 2014 and beyond. Enjoy the big time!!xsalutexxsalutex

Pards Rule
September 14th, 2013, 05:13 AM

Wait a minute - they could not have declared a redev zone in WEST Orange to eminent domain the stand!! He was complicit - he agreed to sell out. Maybe he could relo it to the top of South Mountain - there are some good parcels available there!!

Pards Rule
September 14th, 2013, 05:22 AM

I'm sure he will be attending the inauguration of Alison Byerly as Lafayette president on October 4th. He wouldn't miss it for the world!

RichH2
September 14th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Wait a minute - they could not have declared a redev zone in WEST Orange to eminent domain the stand!! He was complicit - he agreed to sell out. Maybe he could relo it to the top of South Mountain - there are some good parcels available there!!

xcoffeex Ah well , the lure of money and WO is in dire need of another CVS.xrolleyesx. Am glad Mayfair still there

Pards Rule
September 14th, 2013, 07:19 AM
xcoffeex Ah well , the lure of money and WO is in dire need of another CVS.xrolleyesx. Am glad Mayfair still there

CVS YES!! One on every corner!

CrusaderBob
September 14th, 2013, 08:00 AM
I love the weekly PL Pick 'em thread. 4 pages of pick and 15 pages of entertaining banter. You never know what will come up.

UNH
Temple
Lehigh
W&M
GTown
HC

RichH2
September 14th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Yup we are a cracker barrel.xbeerchugx Think nothing of hijacking our own threads.

RichH2
September 14th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Are those injuries to Gavin confirmed? Do hope he doesn't have a sr yr like last Gate QB , so many injuries. I wish the young man the best of luck.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 14th, 2013, 09:30 AM
McCarney out for UNH, per Colgate tweet. My new pick for the game: UNH 44, Colgate 13.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 14th, 2013, 09:32 AM
McCarney out for UNH, per Colgate tweet. My new pick for the game: UNH 44, Colgate 13.

After what will be another stellar OOC season, Colgate does in indeed need to step up the level of competition....

Bogus Megapardus
September 14th, 2013, 10:51 AM

Denied.

There's no errata section in the Pick 'em thread.

Sader87
September 14th, 2013, 11:49 AM
PL football "cousins" West Point playing Stanford tough....7-6 Cardinal early 2nd. FBS post i know...but we all know Army is basically an FCS team pretending to be FBS.

Bogus Megapardus
September 14th, 2013, 01:06 PM
PL football "cousins" West Point playing Stanford tough....7-6 Cardinal early 2nd. FBS post i know...but we all know Army is basically an FCS team pretending to be FBS.

We are permitted to live vicariously through Army and Navy. We have little else.

Gater
September 14th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Fordham is almost in the league. Go Rams!

aceinthehole
September 14th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Fordham is almost in the league. Go Rams!

Well, the PL may get 2 teams in the playoffs directly because Fordham is not eligible for the league AQ.

If the Rams make the playoffs, the PL AQ should be forced to play on the road at Fordham in the first round :)

crusader11
September 14th, 2013, 07:04 PM
38-21 HC nearing the end of the 3rd.

Maybe HC isn't that bad, and CCSU not that good as some have proclaimed.

aceinthehole
September 14th, 2013, 07:11 PM
38-21 HC nearing the end of the 3rd.

Maybe HC isn't that bad, and CCSU not that good as some have proclaimed.

Yep. I think (hope) HC offense is better than advertised. But make no mistake, CCSU's defense is one of the worst in FCS, period.

Sader87
September 14th, 2013, 07:16 PM
HC hasn't run the ball this well since the early 80's with Fenerty and Doyle

crusader11
September 14th, 2013, 07:16 PM
45-21 now.

HC with over 350 yards of rushing. By comparison, Lehigh had 103 last week.

Fordham is head and shoulders above every team in the PL, but the auto bid is wide open.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 14th, 2013, 07:20 PM
45-21 now.

HC with over 350 yards of rushing. By comparison, Lehigh had 103 last week.

Fordham is head and shoulders above every team in the PL, but the auto bid is wide open.

Lehigh isn't really a running team. But yes, the CCSU defense is not good. Also, the JMU offense is not good either. The Dukes had 2 defensive TD's and a special team TD against CCSU. They are struggling with St. Francis....

DFW HOYA
September 14th, 2013, 07:20 PM
From a 9-9 tie, Marist has scored on each of its last four possessions vs. Georgetown, up 37-9 mid 3rd.

That's a red flag.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 14th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Keep an eye on the Bison. Defense wins championships (or so they say) and I think they have the best one in the league....

aceinthehole
September 14th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Lehigh isn't really a running team. But yes, the CCSU defense is not good. Also, the JMU offense is not good either. The Dukes had 2 defensive TD's a special team TD against CCSU. They are struggling with St. Francis....

Let's be honest - the CCSU defense has sucked for a few seasons now and is the primary cause of our recent decline.

2011 (4-7):
Average points allowed - 30
Most points allowed - 63 (Albany)
Least points allowed - 14 (JMU)

2012 (2-8):
Average points allowed - 38
Most points allowed - 63 (Albany)
Least points allowed - 28 (Bryant)

2013 (0-3)
Average points allowed - 47
Most points allowed - 52 (Holy Cross)
Least points allowed - 38 (JMU)

LehighU11
September 14th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Well, this week has just verified that the Patriot League is a giant mess. Lehigh is in steady decline, Georgetown is getting slaughtered in the Sandra Fluke-Bill O'Reilly Bowl, 'gate looks weak in OOC play as usual, the Pards are sinking with Tavani at the helm, Holy Cross may or may not be back from the dead, and Bucknell simply exists.

Hopefully schollies will have the same effect throughout the league in 4 years that has Fordham off to such a hot start.

crusader11
September 14th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Well, this week has just verified that the Patriot League is a giant mess. Lehigh is in steady decline, Georgetown is getting slaughtered in the Sandra Fluke-Bill O'Reilly Bowl, 'gate looks weak in OOC play as usual, the Pards are sinking with Tavani at the helm, Holy Cross may or may not be back from the dead, and Bucknell simply exists.

Hopefully schollies will have the same effect throughout the league in 4 years that has Fordham off to such a hot start.

Really couldn't have said it much better.

Sader87
September 14th, 2013, 08:05 PM
When Bryant stayed with Maine early on today, I felt a lot better about HC....not that Bryant is a juggernaut but HC's 17-16 loss to them became a bit more palatable.

Nobody that is eligible for the PL title is any good....but I think HC just came back to the pack so to speak today.

LehighU11
September 14th, 2013, 08:15 PM
When Bryant stayed with Maine early on today, I felt a lot better about HC....not that Bryant is a juggernaut but HC's 17-16 loss to them became a bit more palatable.

Nobody that is eligible for the PL title is any good....but I think HC just came back to the pack so to speak today.

I can legitimately see HC winning the title this year, as long as they find a way to close out tight games. Didn't they lose something like 5 games by a TD or less last year?

Lehigh went 4-7 in 2009, including a late 24-20 loss at home to the Saders with Randolph. 5 of their losses that season were by a single score, but they closed out the season with a close win over Fordham and an OT win against LC. That really started their streak over the next 3 seasons.

DFW HOYA
September 14th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Aside form the increasingly obscure Georgetown references above, a bad loss to Marist before a flagging home crowd. Hoyas gave up over 500 yards to a winless Pioneer team.

But hey, how about those scholarships! Oh, wait...

Tribal
September 14th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Thank you to the Pards for your hospitality. Great venue and your chicks are hot...miniskirt and sundress night?

Lehigh Football Nation
September 14th, 2013, 09:02 PM
As happy as I am with me picking Fordham to beat Temple, Marist's stomping of Georgetown scares me, and so does Holy Cross' win over CCSU. That archive view of the game will be required viewing for me.

Bogus Megapardus
September 14th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Thank you to the Pards for your hospitality. Great venue and your chicks are hot...miniskirt and sundress night?

Just back from the game - congratulations to the Tribe. You outplayed us in every aspect of the game. We couldn't even score on your second team guys in the fourth quarter. We should be so lucky as to have a semblance of your program some day.

I hope you got a chance to see our campus At least we have that going for us.

RichH2
September 14th, 2013, 09:09 PM

Jumped the shark a bit '11. LU in steady decline? Lost most of our team to graduation.A rebuiding yr w/o doubt and yes we weren't great last yr. Other than Fordham and Cross PL had an embarrassing week.

Sader87
September 14th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Fordham, not Lehigh or Colgate, is obviously the class of the PL right now....I wonder how that happened?

RichH2
September 14th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Fordham, not Lehigh or Colgate, is obviously the class of the PL right now....I wonder how that happened?

Gee, 4 schollie classes and FU finally hiRed a good coach may have a little to do with it

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 14th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Jumped the shark a bit '11. LU in steady decline? Lost most of our team to graduation.A rebuiding yr w/o doubt and yes we weren't great last yr. Other than Fordham and Cross PL had an embarrassing week.

Lehigh is extremely young and inexperienced yet has found ways to win. They have a ridiculous talent in Kurfis. I still have complete faith in the offense to keep them in the title hunt. The lack of size on D is the unfixable. How they cope with the problem will determine the season. Chagani was without a doubt an enormous loss. When was the last time LU gave up 200 yards rushing two consecutive weeks? '92?

The next 3 weeks will prove their worth. A win against Princeton would set a nice tone. I expect another nailbiter....

DFW HOYA
September 14th, 2013, 09:39 PM
As happy as I am with me picking Fordham to beat Temple, Marist's stomping of Georgetown scares me, and so does Holy Cross' win over CCSU. That archive view of the game will be required viewing for me.

As to Marist:

Entered the game having averaged 23.5 yards per game on the ground. Against Georgetown, 230.
Entered the game allowing 205.5 yards per game on the ground (to Sacred Heart and Bucknell). Georgetown got just 55.
Had one sack in its first two games. Saturday? Seven.
Four of its six second half drives were 50 yards or more.

As to Georgetown:
As a team, averaged 1.7 yards a carry.
Allowed 4 TD's in four red zone possessions.

This is a team with no real running game and whose best receiver now sits on the practice squad at Delaware.

breezy
September 14th, 2013, 09:41 PM

LFN -- You will be extremely impressed with the HC offense (and particularly the running game). This is the HC team I was expecting to see this season. Especially happy to see HC with such a dominating win after so many posters had picked CCSU to win the game.

Sader87
September 14th, 2013, 09:52 PM
Gee, 4 schollie classes and FU finally hiRed a good coach may have a little to do with it

You sir are correct!!! Do you want what you've already won (a $10 gift certificate to Piggly Wiggly's. Wawa's or Cumberland Fahhms here in Massachusetts) or what's behind Curtain #2??????

Doc QB
September 14th, 2013, 10:00 PM
When was the last time LU gave up 200 yards rushing two consecutive weeks? '92?

EASY NOW! I was on that squad!

citdog
September 14th, 2013, 10:04 PM
You sir are correct!!! Do you want what you've already won (a $10 gift certificate to Piggly Wiggly's. Wawa's or Cumberland Fahhms here in Massachusetts) or what's behind Curtain #2??????

Something WRONG with Piggly Wiggly yankee boy?

;)

ngineer
September 14th, 2013, 10:05 PM

Let's not get too dramatic. We've won about 85% of our games over the last 3 seasons, plus. Not sure you noticed how many sophs and freshman were on the field today, but the future is very bright. Yes, there are areas in our game, right now, that give cause for concern, but there is tremendous effort out there and kids are learning to find a way to win inspite of themselves, at times. The season is still early with time for all to make adjustments to either schemes or personnel.

Go...gate
September 14th, 2013, 10:45 PM
... until they sided with the brown-shirts.

In Pals' Cabin's Tavern Room (in the back with the bar and piano) there was a photo of Marty Horn playing against Colgate from 1983.

Go...gate
September 14th, 2013, 10:51 PM

Congratulations on Lehigh's 2-0 start. However, in all fairness, you might want to compare our OOC opponents against those of the Engineers. CCSU and Monmouth aren't on a par with Air Force, Albany and UNH.

Tribal
September 15th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Just back from the game - congratulations to the Tribe. You outplayed us in every aspect of the game. We couldn't even score on your second team guys in the fourth quarter. We should be so lucky as to have a semblance of your program some day.

I hope you got a chance to see our campus At least we have that going for us.

I did. My kind of campus! We DID NOT outplay you in every aspect of the game...your kick returner/blocking was lights out and your QB is the master of the swing pass. Your QB made some ill-advised throws but he clearly has the talent to lead the Pards to some wins this season. I was not/not impressed by east-side Easton (stayed at the Quality Inn on 3rd) but Lafayette College is beautiful and your fans were good folks. We'll be sure to show you the same hospitality next season then back to Easton in 2016.

RichH2
September 15th, 2013, 03:14 PM

xlolx Well if you got a 290 lb NG behind #2 that would be a blessing. Nice win.Thought Tom would get you going.

ngineer
September 15th, 2013, 11:00 PM
Congratulations on Lehigh's 2-0 start. However, in all fairness, you might want to compare our OOC opponents against those of the Engineers. CCSU and Monmouth aren't on a par with Air Force, Albany and UNH.

May want to reconsider this one. Great Danes don't appear so great this year after the Rhode Island Reds clucked clucked this week.

Go...gate
September 15th, 2013, 11:22 PM
May want to reconsider this one. Great Danes don't appear so great this year after the Rhode Island Reds clucked clucked this week.

An FBS and two 63-scholarship clubs vs. two 35-40 scholarship clubs? I'll hold my position.

RichH2
September 15th, 2013, 11:26 PM
Got to remember schollies dont make you good automatically,just the opportunity to be good.There are numerous schollie squads that are bad.CCSU,MU,URI or some

Go...gate
September 16th, 2013, 12:57 AM
Got to remember schollies dont make you good automatically,just the opportunity to be good.There are numerous schollie squads that are bad.CCSU,MU,URI or some

None of those are full-scholarship schools. Even URI had cut back before they decided to stay in the CAA.

aceinthehole
September 16th, 2013, 06:32 AM
None of those are full-scholarship schools. Even URI had cut back before they decided to stay in the CAA.

Albany is in that group for at least this season - they don't have 63 schollys yet as they ramp up in the CAA like URI.

RichH2
September 16th, 2013, 08:00 AM
My point merely that 15 frosh are not going to have world altering impact. 30 will havemore measurable readings but still all undercassmen..Annual cap then gone so 3rd yr will raise some to 50-60 range. That yr there will be upperclass schollie recruits with smaller rosters.We can look around then with a better sense of our coaches success or failure with the program. Rams have a large edge here but even multiple classes did not improve their team until Moorhead was hired. This season every squad has measurable deficiencies that wll not yet be cured by schollies. For us 4 frosh have made the 2 deep with one starting ,K,.Helpful surely but not enuf to overcome the loss of so many starters. How many frosh are on others' 2 deeps? Quick scan think Gate has most

crusader11
September 16th, 2013, 08:20 AM
How many frosh are on others' 2 deeps? Quick scan think Gate has most

Holy Cross has seen immediate help from several freshmen.

Per the two deep, only four freshmen are listed: Gabe Guild starting at RB, Pete Pujals backup QB, Lucas Nikolaisen backup TE, and Jake Wieczorek the backup punt returner and kick returner.

However, in looking at the stats from last week's throttling of CCSU, I find it encouraging that the leading tackler was a freshman (Kyle Young), and two of the six offensive touchdowns were by freshmen (Guild and Brendan Flaherty).

CFBfan
September 16th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Aside form the increasingly obscure Georgetown references above, a bad loss to Marist before a flagging home crowd. Hoyas gave up over 500 yards to a winless Pioneer team.

But hey, how about those scholarships! Oh, wait...

and this pathetic 2nd loss to an awful football team after wharton, the hoyas "goleden boy" this year called out those who went before him (and somewhat turned the program around, all be it temporarily!) in the washington post prior to game 1 saying that "he loved those guys BUT losing was ok to them" and now it's different it's not ok for us....HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! looks like it is

RichH2
September 16th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Actually expected Hoyas to be much better. no reports of extensive injurues like last year. Does not bode well for upcoming seasons.
For HC Guild gives their O speed otherise lacking.
Certainly a transition year for all but Hoyas and Rams.

carney2
September 16th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Rams have a large edge here but even multiple classes did not improve their team until Moorhead was hired.

So, you're saying that it took a coaching change in addition to scholarships to make things happen. I wonder if that would apply to any other Patriot league schools? Hmmmmm. No names, please. Oh, just a hint...think Jurassic.

Go...gate
September 16th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Albany is in that group for at least this season - they don't have 63 schollys yet as they ramp up in the CAA like URI.

Do our Albany posters know how many they have now?

Pards Rule
September 17th, 2013, 08:17 PM

All the time...Lady Pards know how to dress to impress visitng fans and teams. Thanks for visiting! Good luck and when do we meet again. Hopefully we will have a better squad.

Pards Rule
September 17th, 2013, 08:19 PM
In Pals' Cabin's Tavern Room (in the back with the bar and piano) there was a photo of Marty Horn playing against Colgate from 1983.

That will transferred to the new CVS as a condition of site plan approval!

Tribe4SF
September 18th, 2013, 05:32 AM
All the time...Lady Pards know how to dress to impress visitng fans and teams. Thanks for visiting! Good luck and when do we meet again. Hopefully we will have a better squad.

Pards will be in Williamsburg next year, and we'll be back in Easton in 2015.

DFW HOYA
September 18th, 2013, 05:52 AM
and this pathetic 2nd loss to an awful football team after wharton, the hoyas "goleden boy" this year called out those who went before him (and somewhat turned the program around, all be it temporarily!) in the washington post prior to game 1 saying that "he loved those guys BUT losing was ok to them" and now it's different it's not ok for us....HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! looks like it is

Georgetown's leading tackler (Dustin Wharton) was injured and did not play. Georgeown's second leading tackler (Nick Alfieri) was injured and did not play. These weren't the deciding factors, but it did not help, either.

CFBfan
September 18th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Georgetown's leading tackler (Dustin Wharton) was injured and did not play. Georgeown's second leading tackler (Nick Alfieri) was injured and did not play. These weren't the deciding factors, but it did not help, either.

And their QB was out ALL last year but Wharton still made that statement in the Washington Post!!! and their O still sux DFW.

Go...gate
September 18th, 2013, 01:01 PM
That will transferred to the new CVS as a condition of site plan approval!

Gotta love those planning and zoning boards. I do a lot of that stuff.

Pards Rule
September 18th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Gotta love those planning and zoning boards. I do a lot of that stuff.

I prob appeared bfore you as an Area Real Estate Manager for McDonalds back in the 90s...Some of those hearings were zoos!

Pards Rule
September 18th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Pards will be in Williamsburg next year, and we'll be back in Easton in 2015.

I will make the trip to Williamsburg!