PDA

View Full Version : Does A&T deserve to be ranked?

WestCoastAggie
September 7th, 2013, 11:37 PM
After this victory over App State, should A&T be ranked this week in any of the top 25 polls?

ASUG8
September 7th, 2013, 11:38 PM
No. ASU doesn't need to be ranked.

Twentysix
September 7th, 2013, 11:40 PM
Nope. App is likely just bad.

Nickels
September 7th, 2013, 11:40 PM
Only if Nicholls gets votes too.

DSUrocks07
September 7th, 2013, 11:41 PM
After this victory over App State, should A&T be ranked this week in any of the top 25 polls?

It's a nice win, but App hasn't proved anything this year to be considered a "quality win". They're 0-2 and looked horrible for the first seven and a half quarters of the season. Beat Elon next week then maybe we can start talking about A&T moving up in the rankings.

Red & Black
September 7th, 2013, 11:44 PM

Nope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twentysix
September 7th, 2013, 11:44 PM
Only if Nicholls gets votes too.

I wanted to, but I just can't do it. Sorry.

ElCid
September 7th, 2013, 11:53 PM

Not yet, but they are on my watch list. Need some consistency first.

Nickels
September 8th, 2013, 12:01 AM
I wanted to, but I just can't do it. Sorry.
how about Nicholls>App?

Twentysix
September 8th, 2013, 12:07 AM
how about Nicholls>App?

Could be. It would probably be a close game, lol.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 8th, 2013, 12:30 AM
Not yet, but they are on my watch list. Need some consistency first.

Exactly, they are in my personal ORConsideration right now

FormerPokeCenter
September 8th, 2013, 08:48 AM
NC A&T went into The Rock, and faced a team transitioning to FBS and whipped them...There was a 24 point differential in App's loss to the Griz in Mizzoula...a 3 point differential at The Rock...Going into The Rock and winning's no short order...

I think A&T definitely deserves to be ranked...

WileECoyote06
September 8th, 2013, 09:27 AM
NC A&T went into The Rock, and faced a team transitioning to FBS and whipped them...There was a 24 point differential in App's loss to the Griz in Mizzoula...a 3 point differential at The Rock...Going into The Rock and winning's no short order...

I think A&T definitely deserves to be ranked...

I'm impressed enough and I hate those farmers. The seasons still young, but for this week, they get my respect.
BTW, A&T avoids playing Bethune-Cookman this season. They could get ten wins this season, easy.

DEX
September 8th, 2013, 09:49 AM
No ranking just yet. I prefer the underdog role. :D

AggieManiac704
September 8th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Nothing to see here........lets see how we do next week....

FormerPokeCenter
September 8th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Nothing to see here........lets see how we do next week....

I hang out with a guy who really knows how to sandbag...you, sir, are no slouch in that department ;)

JSUBison
September 8th, 2013, 12:35 PM
I don't think the sky is falling just yet at ASU. A&T deserves some credit for their win. I don't know if they will be in my top 25, as I haven't done my poll yet. I wouldn't be surprised if they started getting votes, but I think A&T only having one game under their belt kind of hurts them. Too bad ASU and GSU are ineligible to be ranked in the AGS poll, because ASU would have been ranked and A&T deserves to have this count as a top 25 win.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 8th, 2013, 12:49 PM
I don't think the sky is falling just yet at ASU. A&T deserves some credit for their win. I don't know if they will be in my top 25, as I haven't done my poll yet. I wouldn't be surprised if they started getting votes, but I think A&T only having one game under their belt kind of hurts them. Too bad ASU and GSU are ineligible to be ranked in the AGS poll, because ASU would have been ranked and A&T deserves to have this count as a top 25 win.

In effect it does. Griz jumped for beating them, A&T being widely discussed and considered here so whether they (App & GSU) are in the poill or not this year people know it's a good win and seem to be looking it as a top 25 win anyway. Which is the correct way to do it IMO.

ElCid
September 8th, 2013, 05:07 PM

A&T does deserve credit but App really sucks "right now." It even has me questioning the Montana win, at least a little. We have to see if App regroups. That is why I hate bumping up teams for a one off win. While I think App would have been ranked in the 10-15 range after the Montana lose, they would have dropped for this second loss and be in the 20-25 range at best, maybe out. If App runs the table from now on, the A&T wins will at least look even more awesome. I don't think that will happen, but who knows.

I will be seeing how A&T does against Elon, Howard and SC St. Also how App does against Elon, Charleston So, and my Bulldogs. Even though the competition for both is quite weak over their next three games, it will undoubtedly reveal a lot. I mean The Citadel should have been the hardest competition for App's next three games but we would probably even lose to Charleston Southern........oh wait we did.

In any event it was a great win for A&T. Only other win for A&T over an App team was in '93 when App went 4-7.

BluBengal07
September 8th, 2013, 06:57 PM
watch list qualifier.

Twentysix
September 8th, 2013, 10:26 PM
In effect it does. Griz jumped for beating them, A&T being widely discussed and considered here so whether they (App & GSU) are in the poill or not this year people know it's a good win and seem to be looking it as a top 25 win anyway. Which is the correct way to do it IMO.

Perhaps instead of ranking A&T the griz fall some.

Professor
September 9th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Would like a lot of consideration but lets stay a dark horse

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 9th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Want to wait and see what they do against Elon first.

dbackjon
September 9th, 2013, 09:11 AM
I ranked them. Low in the top 25, but ranked

heath
September 9th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Not yet. Beat Elon and Howard,then see what App St does the next two weeks to get a real feel on IF the win was really an upset. Starting 3-0 should get you ranked.

HensRock
September 9th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Personally, I think our polls should be very fluid early on as we get a feeling for who are the contenders and pretenders. I ranked A&T near the bottom of the top 25 and I lowered the Griz a bit as well.

knucklehead
September 9th, 2013, 10:34 AM
I did not put them in just yet. Just a bit outside (Said in my best Bob Ueker voice). I do agree that we need to be very fluid with our ballots at this point, maybe even through the first 1/2 of the season.