PDA

View Full Version : Elon announces I-A opponents in future

TigerFan17
September 20th, 2006, 01:01 PM
South Florida, Wake Forest, Duke and Georgia Tech! First-ever I-A's for Elon.

Good to see this program moving in the right direction. Hope you guys continue to succeed (except against us :D ) throughout the years!

http://www.elon.edu/athletics/news/?id=42259

Pard4Life
September 20th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Not Elon... but Princeton is playing the Citadel in 2008 and 2009... did PU scrap Hampton?

TigerFan17
September 20th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Not to be mean P4L...but umm...what does that have to do with the topic?

:rotateh:

ButlerGSU
September 20th, 2006, 01:56 PM
G'luck to Elon in all of these games!

carney2
September 20th, 2006, 01:58 PM
Remaining off topic (we do that well in the PL, and we are noted hijackers of threads at this site), I just noticed your helmet avatar, 17. When, why was the "T" ditched?

AppGuy04
September 20th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Shouldn't they show they can compete in I-AA before they start doing this. Yeah yeah I know, its a self fulfilling prophecy

ButlerGSU
September 20th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Shouldn't they show they can compete in I-AA before they start doing this. Yeah yeah I know, its a self fulfilling prophecy

For the money...

AppGuy04
September 20th, 2006, 02:05 PM
For the money...

yeah I know, but you can't buy a successful football team

GaSouthern
September 20th, 2006, 02:14 PM
no kidding, just ask georgia, can't ever get to the big game. xlolx

TigerFan17
September 20th, 2006, 03:11 PM
Remaining off topic (we do that well in the PL, and we are noted hijackers of threads at this site), I just noticed your helmet avatar, 17. When, why was the "T" ditched?

T was ditched the first season we joined the A-10. No particular reason other than the fact that we needed new unis and the administration thought it was time for a face lift. Also, that Tiger head became our new athletics logo.

goasu984Life
September 20th, 2006, 03:15 PM

No, but is sure goes a long way to getting there.

UNHWildCats
September 20th, 2006, 03:41 PM
they should add a twist to football. if u have like 5 consecutive losing seasons ur demoted a level :P

DUPFLFan
September 20th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Too bad Blank couldn't upgrade Drake's schedule while he was here.

AppGuy04
September 20th, 2006, 04:05 PM
they should add a twist to football. if u have like 5 consecutive losing seasons ur demoted a level :P

I'd vote for that

UNHWildCats
September 20th, 2006, 04:19 PM
I'd vote for that

We'd lose Savannah State but gain Temple. lol

gophoenix
September 20th, 2006, 05:06 PM

What does it matter? A win is great, but a loss it a loss, whether you're a good I-AA or not. People complain about our schedule quite a bit. A&T (10 year contract), Towson, Presbyterian and Coastal were considered weak this year (even though Coastal was ranked and Towson is ranked now). So we add a few difficult games, big deal. Is it worse for us to lose ot GT or Furman to lose UNC or App to lose to NC State or Citadel to lose to Florida State?

bobbythekidd
September 20th, 2006, 05:08 PM
This is an interesting idea. I guess if it works, the opposite must be true. 5 winning seasons and you go up a level.
That will shake things up.

SoCon48
September 20th, 2006, 05:16 PM
What does it matter? A win is great, but a loss it a loss, whether you're a good I-AA or not. People complain about our schedule quite a bit. A&T (10 year contract), Towson, Presbyterian and Coastal were considered weak this year (even though Coastal was ranked and Towson is ranked now). So we add a few difficult games, big deal. Is it worse for us to lose ot GT or Furman to lose UNC or App to lose to NC State or Citadel to lose to Florida State?

Furman to lose UNC or App to lose to NC State

I doubt anyone will complain if you keep it to 3 or 13.