View Full Version : Thursday Night Football: Sacramento State at Arizona State

Mr. C
September 5th, 2013, 09:07 PM
Sacramento State will try to keep the FCS mojo working tonight in the desert. You can watch the game on the Pac-12 Network. I am catching it on this link:

http://www.vipboxonline.eu/american-football/173515/1/sacramento-st.-vs-arizona-st.--live-stream-online.html

Just minutes before kickoff.

Mr. C
September 5th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Touchback and SSU will start at the 25.

Mr. C
September 5th, 2013, 09:10 PM
The Hornets were shut out by San Jose State (the hated Spartans — my alma mater Fresno State's hated rival), so don't know what to expect out of SSU this week against a tougher team.

Mr. C
September 5th, 2013, 09:11 PM
SSU's Norrise made a nice catch for an early first down at the 35, but now the Hornets are going backwards.

Mr. C
September 5th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Another first down catch by Norrise to midfield.

Mr. C
September 5th, 2013, 09:15 PM
QB scramble by Safron to the ASU 38 for another first down

Mr. C
September 5th, 2013, 09:16 PM
TE gets a first down near the 25 for SSU.

Mr. C
September 5th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Safron had a receiver open for a TD at the goal line and under-threw the ball. The Hornets will settle for a Jesse Aguilar FG.

Mr. C
September 5th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Penetration in the middle and the kick is blocked to ruin a great opening drive that took almost 8 minutes.

Mr. C
September 5th, 2013, 09:29 PM
TD for Arizona State. 7-0 Sun Devils with under 4 minutes left in the first.

Mr. C
September 5th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Big play for ASU on a long pass and it is 14-0 in the final minute of the first period.

caribbeanhen
September 5th, 2013, 09:44 PM
tried to tune in, that ad blocking the view is harder to get rid of this year

Mr. C
September 5th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Another TD for Arizona State and it is 21-0 two minutes into the second period. The Hornet defense is totally overmatched.

Mr. C
September 5th, 2013, 09:55 PM
tried to tune in, that ad blocking the view is harder to get rid of this year
If you go full screen it will go away, or if you click in the right place, you should be able to get rid of it. There is a learning curve, but a least the broadcasts are free.

Mr. C
September 5th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Another TD for the Sun Devils, who are ripping the SSU secondary apart. 28-0 with 9:31 left in the first half. This is getting ugly.

Twentysix
September 5th, 2013, 10:10 PM
Youch.

Mr. C
September 5th, 2013, 10:15 PM
More trouble for the Sacramento State secondary and it is 35-0 with half of the second quarter left. 4 TD passes for ASU, which is beating SSU with simple seam routes.

Mr. C
September 5th, 2013, 10:29 PM
One play after Safron throws a pick, the Sun Devils score another TD on another route up the middle. 42-0 and two minutes left in the second period. How can a secondary be so bad?

BEAR
September 5th, 2013, 11:05 PM
Former UCA Bear WR Mike Norvell is on staff at ASU. He was field smart with the Bears and his coaching has led him to the Devils... tough game for an FCS opponent.

Mr. C
September 5th, 2013, 11:08 PM
It's getting better for SSU. The Hornets actually showed some pass defense on ASU's first second-half drive and held the Sun Devils to a field goal. 45-0.

Mr. C
September 5th, 2013, 11:13 PM
Safron nearly threw a pick six, but saved a TD with a tackle on a 77-yard return to the SSU 3. ASU finally pulls its starters.

Twentysix
September 5th, 2013, 11:15 PM
:-\

Mr. C
September 5th, 2013, 11:15 PM
TD run for the backup QB for ASU. 52-0 and we have of the third quarter left.

Twentysix
September 5th, 2013, 11:29 PM
When is Sac canceling the season?

GoAgs72
September 5th, 2013, 11:29 PM
Sac State is dropping like a rock in the Big Sky standings. Saffron is just not too good at QB. A matchup with Wright as QB for UC Davis right now and we have the Ugly Bowl.

Mr. C
September 5th, 2013, 11:33 PM
Sac State is dropping like a rock in the Big Sky standings. Saffron is just not too good at QB. A matchup with Wright as QB for UC Davis right now and we have the Ugly Bowl.
Other than the picks and missing a TD early, Safron hasn't been that bad, but the Hornet defense, particularly the secondary has been brutal. At least we've gotten to the fourth quarter now.

Mr. C
September 5th, 2013, 11:36 PM
ASU missed a FG, one of the few things to go wrong for the Sun Devils tonight.

Interesting personal note, my mother-in-law lives a few minutes away from ASU's stadium.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 5th, 2013, 11:36 PM
Sac St deserves this. Sheduling two FBS games to start the year is moronic. Especially, when you're a middling FCS program...

Mr. C
September 5th, 2013, 11:39 PM
Why do you throw your challenge flag to review a play when your team is ahead by 52 points?

Mr. C
September 5th, 2013, 11:41 PM
Sac St deserves this. Sheduling two FBS games to start the year is moronic. Especially, when you're a middling FCS program...
Sacramento State beat Oregon State and Colorado in the past couple of years.

Mr. C
September 5th, 2013, 11:42 PM
The challenge on the fumble went ASU's way and the Sun Devils are in the red zone again. Four turnovers for SSU tonight.

Mr. C
September 5th, 2013, 11:43 PM
ASU lines up for another FG as the Sun Devils try to run as much clock as possible. It's good and the score is 55-0.

GoAgs72
September 5th, 2013, 11:47 PM

I feel for them. UC Davis has done this before with dire results. I would prefer an all-FCS schedule - no D2 and no FBS.

Mr. C
September 6th, 2013, 12:11 AM
Sacramento State really stunk this game up after the first drive of the game. 167 yards of offense, 116 through the air and just 4-of-15 on third-down conversions. I don't remember the Hornets converting a third down after the first drive. And the SSU defense was even worse.

Mr. C
September 6th, 2013, 12:12 AM
I feel for them. UC Davis has done this before with dire results. I would prefer an all-FCS schedule - no D2 and no FBS.
Teams do the two FBS games solely for money and they often need the money to keep the athletic departments afloat.

GoAgs72
September 6th, 2013, 12:13 AM
At least Idaho State and UC Davis won't be alone in the cellar.

citdog
September 6th, 2013, 04:35 AM

Take a day off. Don't be douche your WHOLE life.

Tribal
September 6th, 2013, 05:04 AM
I think Towson played two FBS programs last yeat (LSU and some MAC team) and still made the FCS playoffs. Actually, this season is the time to play two given the 12 game schedule capability.

$800,000 - $1mil is a nice chunk of change.

danefan
September 6th, 2013, 05:45 AM
I think Towson played two FBS programs last yeat (LSU and some MAC team) and still made the FCS playoffs. Actually, this season is the time to play two given the 12 game schedule capability.

$800,000 - $1mil is a nice chunk of change.

Towson didn't make the playoffs last year. Precisely because they played two FBS teams and didn't end up with enough wins.

Mr. C
September 6th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Towson didn't make the playoffs last year. Precisely because they played two FBS teams and didn't end up with enough wins.
The Tigers had enough wins — seven — but the committee was looking for excuses to eliminate teams and picked some of the wrong ones.

danefan
September 6th, 2013, 08:06 AM
The Tigers had enough wins — seven — but the committee was looking for excuses to eliminate teams and picked some of the wrong ones.

I agree it was the wrong pick, but had Towson not played two FBS games and won another FCS game (likely) they would have been in.

LUHawker
September 6th, 2013, 08:27 AM

Why? Seems to be working for you.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 6th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Two FBS games for Sac State, 0 points scored. Arizona State and San Jose State got precisely what they were looking for in the Hornets.

catbob
September 6th, 2013, 10:31 AM
And here I was thinking Sac could vie for the conference title, they couldn't even score a point in two FBS matchups?

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2013, 10:37 AM

Yeah, that's me....why you have't been banned is beyond me. You bring nothing to AGS...

citdog
September 6th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Yeah, that's me....why you have't been banned is beyond me. You bring nothing to AGS...

yep...... Just like the Patriot League brings nothing to the FCS. We're a double act of bringing nothing.

MplsBison
September 6th, 2013, 11:49 AM
And here I was thinking Sac could vie for the conference title, they couldn't even score a point in two FBS matchups?

Hopefully they'll knock off a couple teams in the top third of the Big Sky. Let's keep the Big Sky schools out of the seeds! :)

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2013, 12:32 PM
yep...... Just like the Patriot League brings nothing to the FCS. We're a double act of bringing nothing.

outstanding...

bojeta
September 6th, 2013, 06:02 PM

It's important to remember that: A. When SAC scheduled San Jose State, they were a struggling FBS program that many FCS teams could have beaten. Unfortunately for SAC, SJSU turned their program around in dramatic fashion, finishing in the Top 25 last year with a Bowl win. B. As has been mentioned, the 12 game schedule allowed for a nice opportunity to play a MUCH needed extra money game. Had they expected both teams to be solid FBS/BCS programs this year, I'm sure they would have made different decisions. C. Losing to these two very good FBS/BCS programs does not mean they are out of the picture for either the conference title or playoffs. It's unlikely they will do either, but any team in the Big Sky that takes them lightly will likely regret it.

caribbeanhen
September 6th, 2013, 07:42 PM
If you go full screen it will go away, or if you click in the right place, you should be able to get rid of it. There is a learning curve, but a least the broadcasts are free.

free is good, learning curves are bad..... actually I can deal with learning curves better when my interest level is there

Mr. C
September 6th, 2013, 10:31 PM
free is good, learning curves are bad..... actually I can deal with learning curves better when my interest level is there
The interest level was pretty poor for that game, I'm assuming. Actually, if you wait a few seconds, the little X will move on the ad that is in front of things and then you can click it off and the second window will disappear when you move your cursor over it (at least that's how it works on my Mac). If you want to watch in full screen mode, that usually takes care of repeated ad windows showing up. You will probably also have to get rid of some pop-unders (which I despise), but ultimately free is a good thing. I watch LA Dodger games just about every night on my computer, as well as football and other games.

Mr. C
September 6th, 2013, 10:36 PM
Blasphemy. Saying our resident Southern stand-up comic brings nothing to AGS? That's about as bad as ripping on Capt Cat (who hasn't made an appearance around here in ages. Plus, the Dog gets my props for the fact that he is actually a former FCS player. He knows his stuff and just has a fun way of needling everyone. Get a sense of humor and you will do fine with Citdog.

Mr. C
September 6th, 2013, 10:40 PM
I agree it was the wrong pick, but had Towson not played two FBS games and won another FCS game (likely) they would have been in.
Worst bracket ever and everything points to it being put together BEFORE the final weekend of games were played. Hard to give New Hampshire a seed and leave Towson out of the playoffs when they tied for the league title and Towson beat the crap out of the Wildcats, scoring over 120 points in the past two years. Seven wins should have been enough and that LSU game was as much of a quality loss as just about any an FCS team has played over the years.

Mr. C
September 6th, 2013, 10:41 PM
It's important to remember that: A. When SAC scheduled San Jose State, they were a struggling FBS program that many FCS teams could have beaten. Unfortunately for SAC, SJSU turned their program around in dramatic fashion, finishing in the Top 25 last year with a Bowl win. B. As has been mentioned, the 12 game schedule allowed for a nice opportunity to play a MUCH needed extra money game. Had they expected both teams to be solid FBS/BCS programs this year, I'm sure they would have made different decisions. C. Losing to these two very good FBS/BCS programs does not mean they are out of the picture for either the conference title or playoffs. It's unlikely they will do either, but any team in the Big Sky that takes them lightly will likely regret it.
The SSU team I watched last night has little chance to even be a .500-type team unless it makes vast improvements defensively. And that isn't even beginning to talk about the offense. The Hornets were an awful looking team last night.