PDA

View Full Version : That's a big boy...

pike51
September 3rd, 2013, 11:31 AM
Georgia Southern plays St. Francis this weekend in Statesboro. I have to believe this young man will not enjoy the heat and humidity...

Lloyd Hill is a 6' 3", 401 pound senior offensive lineman. Yes... 401 pounds. He started all 12 games for Red Flash last season and played in 10 games his Soph. season. Makes me think he has to have some level of athletic ability and is not just a big body to fill a hole.

I did a quick search to see who the largest NCAA player is currently and it showed a couple of guys in the 380 pound range... apparently, they haven't heard of this kid before.

blueballs
September 3rd, 2013, 11:49 AM
I just hope he doesn't have to take a dump at the stadium... I don't want him damaging the facilities or backing things up.

BisonFan02
September 3rd, 2013, 11:56 AM
Georgia Southern plays St. Francis this weekend in Statesboro. I have to believe this young man will not enjoy the heat and humidity...

Lloyd Hill is a 6' 3", 401 pound senior offensive lineman. Yes... 401 pounds. He started all 12 games for Red Flash last season and played in 10 games his Soph. season. Makes me think he has to have some level of athletic ability and is not just a big body to fill a hole.

I did a quick search to see who the largest NCAA player is currently and it showed a couple of guys in the 380 pound range... apparently, they haven't heard of this kid before.

He doesn't....seen it.

BEAR
September 3rd, 2013, 12:00 PM
That is a biggie!

Henderson State once had a lineman who was 7 foot and over 400 lbs. I'll try to find his stats and name etc.. and hopefully a pic. I remember they used him to lead block on one play..tripped over his own feet. Give me a minute. xlolx

gumby013
September 3rd, 2013, 12:03 PM

http://www.sfuathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2977&path=football

Athletic isn't the first word that comes to mind.

Professor Chaos
September 3rd, 2013, 12:05 PM
The Bison D line ran circles around him two seasons ago. Perhaps he's improved some but was very, perhaps understandably, slow on his feet.

knucklehead
September 3rd, 2013, 12:09 PM

Can you say Buffet. WOW. He makes this Former LU NG look smallish. http://www.liberty.edu/flames/?PID=10872&RosterID=2095&TeamID=9

kdinva
September 3rd, 2013, 12:27 PM
Can you say Buffet. WOW. He makes this Former LU NG look smallish. http://www.liberty.edu/flames/?PID=10872&RosterID=2095&TeamID=9

but the lad from SFU, that we know, hasn't had the off the field issues that Chapman did........xreadx

cmaxwellgsu
September 3rd, 2013, 01:01 PM
What's even more amazing is that SFU has a run first offense! That kid probably sweats like a lawn sprinkler.....

knucklehead
September 3rd, 2013, 01:04 PM
but the lad from SFU, that we know, hasn't had the off the field issues that Chapman did........xreadx

That's what I get for throwin out a softball. He's gone now though, oh well.

kdinva
September 3rd, 2013, 01:39 PM
That's what I get for throwin out a softball. He's gone now though, oh well.

.......and the SFU guy gets warm welcomes at the Golden Corral buffet..........right! xpeacex

Smitty
September 3rd, 2013, 02:51 PM
Hey now

I'm sure it is all muscle...

Panther88
September 3rd, 2013, 05:06 PM
What's even more amazing is that SFU has a run first offense! That kid probably sweats like a lawn sprinkler.....

rotflololololololololololol!!!!

straightshooter
September 3rd, 2013, 06:02 PM
Got to tip the hat to the kid though. Yes he's a big boy, but he's been playing there for four years, so he's got to have some ability. I applaud him for hanging in there. It can't be easy going through the workouts and daily practices. Looking forward to seeing the first ever 400 pounder to play at Paulson Stadium.

superman7515
September 3rd, 2013, 06:41 PM

Looking good Gumby!

superman7515
September 3rd, 2013, 06:47 PM
That is a biggie!

Henderson State once had a lineman who was 7 foot and over 400 lbs. I'll try to find his stats and name etc.. and hopefully a pic. I remember they used him to lead block on one play..tripped over his own feet. Give me a minute. xlolx

When I was in high school, there was a kid playing in Jersey that was over 500 lbs.

melloware13
September 3rd, 2013, 08:52 PM
I'm sure that Shallow Hal would see him as an Ethiopian though.

Red & Black
September 3rd, 2013, 09:05 PM
Isn't this the program NDSU played a couple years back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Southern Bison
September 3rd, 2013, 09:23 PM
Isn't this the program NDSU played a couple years back?

Yes, we played them for an OOC game (2nd game of the season). Bison won 56-3.

World
September 4th, 2013, 12:31 AM

I'm sorry, but is there a part of his excellence in basketball that you did not understand from the very same link that you provided?:

BEFORE SFU - Two-sport athlete that excelled in both football and basketball… part of two state football championships (2007 & 2008) and one state basketball championship (2007-08)… named All-Conference at offensive tackle all four years in high school, and was a two-time All-State selection… paved the way for Jeremiah Young, the PIAA’s all-time leading rusher with over 9,000 yards and who currently plays at Bucknell… named a Mid-Penn Conference All Star in basketball, as well as a District III All-Star in basketball… member of the national honor society… recipient of the Ryan Mohn Foundation Leadership Award.

seantaylor
September 4th, 2013, 02:11 AM
We beat this team by more than SSU. McKinnon not sick and has something to prove with Ellison having such a good game.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 4th, 2013, 11:26 AM
We face St. Francis in two weeks. What a tough start to the schedule. This guy was on the team a couple years ago when JMU first played them. He didn't show much skill back then, hard to believe he is much better nowadays.

Before people start making comparisons after next week, I have no doubt that GSU will score 60+ this Saturday. JMU is more likely to score in the 40+ range. Don't let the mythical transitive property of football fool you on this one - different teams with different styles beating up on a weak sister.

clenz
September 4th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Yes, we played them for an OOC game (2nd game of the season). Bison won 56-3.

UNI played them in 09...returned the opening kick for a td, forced a three and out, scored forced a three and out, scored and pulled the starters all in about 5 minutes.

We ran the clock to 0 on almost every play before the snap and the maybe 15 times for the game.

Score was only 30 to zero be could have been much worse. Farley called the dogs of very early that week because he caught heat the week before for going up 49 to 7 at half on USD and throwing for 449 yards at half en route to a 66 to 7 win...USD asked first play of the game on a flee flicker.

That was really the last time we laid the wood...sans the 62 to 7 beat down on Indiana State late that year. Always real quick to call dogs off now

quando omni flunkus moritati

LeadBolt
September 5th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Is it me, or does he resemble Fat Albert?

Libertine
September 6th, 2013, 08:22 AM
I'm sure that Shallow Hal would see him as an Ethiopian though.

I don't think I've seen a Shallow Hal reference in...well, ever.