PDA

View Full Version : Good Week or Bad Week for CAA?

Nova09
September 2nd, 2013, 09:21 AM
Obviously if you associate with one team you'll be more swayed by how that team did, but the conference as a whole:

Towson didn't just win, really was the better team start to finish against UConn. Definitely good.

Nova and W&M had missed opportunities, both taking leads into the locker room at halftime against BCS teams. But they also both got shut out in the second half and took losses. Definitely not bad.

Delaware poured it on to dig out of a hole they put themselves in with poor decisions/turnovers etc. Ton of points, D not responsible for all the points given up. Not bad, but definitely not good.

JMU, Maine, Richmond all handled business. Not sure anything noteworthy to say about any of these games.

URI lost big, as expected, put up decent points, while nothing jaw-droppingly bad definitely has to be in bad category.

And Albany, our new kid on the block, looks lost against their old conference mate Duquesne. Atrocious.

melloware13
September 2nd, 2013, 10:07 AM
I think it was about equal to expectations overall. Towson, in exceeding expectations, made up for Albany's short fall. It looks as if the conference will be fairly even up top, but stronger than last year.

Tribal
September 2nd, 2013, 10:11 AM
I think it all worked out as expected but the Tribe outperformed and the Danes underperformed so it's a wash.

This could very well be the strongest CAA has been.

Nova and Towson
Richmond and UNH
Delaware
JMU, Maine, and W&M
Albany
Rhody

Not talking week one polls here but the top 5 is fuzzy at this point and may look very different around Thanksgiving. That's good for the CAA.

Bohcat
September 2nd, 2013, 10:26 AM
I thought Stony Brook was in the CAA this year as well?

Tim James
September 2nd, 2013, 10:30 AM
I dont miss ODU and Georgia State at all. I kinda miss UMass but I realize as the state school of a big state they should be FBS.

UAalum72
September 2nd, 2013, 10:32 AM
I thought Stony Brook was in the CAA this year as well?
They were off last week

Nova09
September 2nd, 2013, 01:14 PM
I think it all worked out as expected but the Tribe outperformed and the Danes underperformed so it's a wash.

This could very well be the strongest CAA has been.

Nova and Towson
Richmond and UNH
Delaware
JMU, Maine, and W&M
Albany
Rhody

Not talking week one polls here but the top 5 is fuzzy at this point and may look very different around Thanksgiving. That's good for the CAA.

Maybe there's a sentimental component, but I think it will be very difficult for any conference to match the top strength of CAA 08 with Nova, JMU, Richmond. Now maybe to your point this year's CAA will go deeper with how many strong teams there are, but probably none are as strong as whoever you call the weakest from 08 (which I say was Richmond, who won the NC, so there you go for where the bar is set)

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 2nd, 2013, 02:09 PM
I agree with Nova9 - no way this could be a better year than 2008 in terms of CAA dominance and depth.

Tribe4SF
September 2nd, 2013, 03:08 PM
Maybe there's a sentimental component, but I think it will be very difficult for any conference to match the top strength of CAA 08 with Nova, JMU, Richmond. Now maybe to your point this year's CAA will go deeper with how many strong teams there are, but probably none are as strong as whoever you call the weakest from 08 (which I say was Richmond, who won the NC, so there you go for where the bar is set)

'09 as well with Nova, W&M and Richmond.

We'll see how things work out in December, but the league definitely looks stronger than last year.