PDA

View Full Version : SWAC vs MEAC currently on ESPN

IBleedYellow
September 1st, 2013, 11:16 AM
FA&M just stood up MVS on a 4th and goal situation.

Leading 7-0 with 7:05 left in the first.

Mr. C
September 1st, 2013, 11:19 AM
Mississipi Valley State lost a challenge on the FAMU TD (a fumble occurred right after QB Damien Fleming crossed the goal line) and then the Delta Devils had a 62-yard QB run, but failed to score on fourth and goal inside the five.

Still 7-0 FAMU with about five minutes left in the first period.

10:50
Damien Fleming rush for 6 yards for a TOUCHDOWN. Chase Varnadore extra point GOOD.Drive info: 3 plays, 12 yds in 1:04

ASU33
September 1st, 2013, 11:20 AM
Valley just blew it by going for it inside the 5 and lining up in a shotgun formation. I promise I feel like the spread has taken the toughness out of football.

IBleedYellow
September 1st, 2013, 11:25 AM
Valley just blew it by going for it inside the 5 and lining up in a shotgun formation. I promise I feel like the spread has taken the toughness out of football.

I'm a huge fan of physical power football.

Teamd that do this will win lots of games if you're able to overpower your opponents with raw muscle. You could see this in the KSU game on friday night, KSU was starting to get gassed at the end of the third quarter.

Mr. C
September 1st, 2013, 11:28 AM
Everyone can agree on that.

Fleming had an 18-yard scramble and then threw to Lennon, who made an over-the-shoulder catch for 35 yards as the first period ended. FAMU is knocking at the door at the 3.

Mr. C
September 1st, 2013, 11:31 AM
I'm a huge fan of physical power football.

Teamd that do this will win lots of games if you're able to overpower your opponents with raw muscle. You could see this in the KSU game on friday night, KSU was starting to get gassed at the end of the third quarter.
Interesting seeing FAMU playing more power football after all of those years with the wide-open Billy Joe and Joe Taylor teams.

Mr. C
September 1st, 2013, 11:33 AM
How can MVSU go through the time out at the end of the quarter and then have to call its final time out as the second quarter starts? That is bad.

Mr. C
September 1st, 2013, 11:34 AM
One-yard power touchdown Albert (first college carry)for FAMU. 14-0.

16 play, 96-yard drive for the Rattlers after stopping MVSU at the four.

Mr. C
September 1st, 2013, 11:44 AM
Dropped snap out of punt formation for Galen and he runs for 17 yards and a first down for MVSU, but an interception and a 39-yard return for FAMU on the next play. 1st down at the 16.

MVSU QB Ivey was hurt on the play, trying to make tackle.

ASU33
September 1st, 2013, 11:47 AM
FAMU is about to run away with Valley. FAMU looks a lot more physical than they've looked in years.

Mr. C
September 1st, 2013, 11:50 AM
Penalties ruin the threat for FAMU and a 40-yard FG goes wide. Still 14-0 FAMU as the first half winds down.

Laker
September 1st, 2013, 11:51 AM
How can MVSU go through the time out at the end of the quarter and then have to call its final time out as the second quarter starts? That is bad.

That has always bothered me. And when teams have a delay of game penalty after a time out. They should know what they want to do after talking about it.

Mr. C
September 1st, 2013, 11:52 AM
Sad that with a record number of FCS vs FBS wins this weekend that ESPN focuses only on the NDSU and Towson wins. A lot more happened in the past three days than those two big wins.

Mr. C
September 1st, 2013, 11:53 AM
Ivey is back at QB after the injury to his shoulder.

IBleedYellow
September 1st, 2013, 11:55 AM
Sad that with a record number of FCS vs FBS wins this weekend that ESPN focuses only on the NDSU and Towson wins. A lot more happened in the past three days than those two big wins.

I honestly think it's something that ESPN does really poorly, they'll focus on teams that they believe have a higher name recognition with the viewers. I'm starting to get really frustrated with ESPN.

Game related:
FAMU holds MSV on a 3 and 4 on the MSV 30 yard line.

8:16 left, they are about to punt. Delay of game, and they back them up 5 and set it up to punt again.

IBleedYellow
September 1st, 2013, 11:56 AM
Now illegal sub with 12 men on the field. Punting from the 23 or so. But wow he boots it and it gets ran back to the 42.

Laker
September 1st, 2013, 12:02 PM
That was a big hit on the incomplete pass. I'm glad that they didn't throw the flag, I thought that it was a good legal hit.

Mr. C
September 1st, 2013, 12:08 PM
37-yard field goal by FAMU, but a penalty flag is thrown.

Mr. C
September 1st, 2013, 12:09 PM
Someone in the stands blew a whistle. Field Goal stands.

FAMU 17, MVSU 0

813Jag
September 1st, 2013, 12:19 PM
Valley doesn't have the horses. I felt like for them to have a chance they had to keep the score low and make the game ugly. Haven't watched the game, any idea how the crowd looks?

Laker
September 1st, 2013, 12:24 PM
Did you see that Winston Salem is ranked #1 in the Sheridan Broadcasting list of HBCU schools? And they are D2!

ASU33
September 1st, 2013, 12:30 PM
Valley doesn't have the horses. I felt like for them to have a chance they had to keep the score low and make the game ugly. Haven't watched the game, any idea how the crowd looks?

About 90% FAMU fans.

Laker
September 1st, 2013, 01:41 PM
They showed the temperature of the field as being 143 degrees. Where are the eggs and bacon?

813Jag
September 1st, 2013, 02:13 PM
About 90% FAMU fans.

Sounds about right

bigchocolate
September 2nd, 2013, 06:14 AM
Did you see that Winston Salem is ranked #1 in the Sheridan Broadcasting list of HBCU schools? And they are D2!

Laker....Winston Salem is D2 and would defeat 60% of the programs in FCS, take the time and review their roster. FYI

ASU33
September 2nd, 2013, 09:54 AM
Laker....Winston Salem is D2 and would defeat 60% of the programs in FCS, take the time and review their roster. FYI

They had very few close games last year, playoffs included. They're definitely loaded.