PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Illinois @ Southern Illinois Week 2

PanthersBlue
September 1st, 2013, 08:37 AM
Thoughts on this in-state matchup. Last years contest was a great game in Charleston.

Houndawg
September 1st, 2013, 08:47 AM
shootout

IBleedYellow
September 1st, 2013, 08:48 AM
SIU wins.

PanthersBlue
September 1st, 2013, 08:52 AM
I could see it being a shootout just like last year as well. But after last night I know EIU's defense is much improved from last years unit. Forcing five turnovers against a "decent" offense was something that I don't think I would have predicted.

Skyhawk71
September 1st, 2013, 08:54 AM
EIU, with an actual defense, will in fact be scary in the OVC this season- Good Luck to the Panthers in Carbondale!!!!!!!

Cocky
September 1st, 2013, 09:30 AM
EIU by 14

ekufbfan
September 1st, 2013, 10:15 AM
Wow! Congratulations EIU...great win. Was following your game on my iPad all evening. Glad we have you in Richmond this year and still may not be enough, your QB is awesome.
Good luck next week.

Go EKU. We have our work cut out for us next vs U of Louisville.

PanthersBlue
September 1st, 2013, 10:30 AM
Wow! Congratulations EIU...great win. Was following your game on my iPad all evening. Glad we have you in Richmond this year and still may not be enough, your QB is awesome.
Good luck next week.

Go EKU. We have our work cut out for us next vs U of Louisville.

Should be an awesome game in Richmond. Good luck with Louisville, shock the world.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 1st, 2013, 11:20 AM
SIU....both teams in the 40s.

Houndawg
September 1st, 2013, 11:21 AM
EIU by 14

I don't think so; last year our coaches were caught with their pants down because of no film to study.

SUPharmacist
September 1st, 2013, 11:24 AM
After that week 1 performance by EIU, I think they may gut this out.

PanthersBlue
September 1st, 2013, 11:59 AM
I don't think so; last year our coaches were caught with their pants down because of no film to study.

Pretty sure that SIU is going to win. Ok. I expect a good game on both sides.

Twentysix
September 1st, 2013, 12:02 PM
Either team could probably win. I'm not sure EIU would have beaten the Illini, and SIU kept it within one TD.

Probably a high scoring affair 30-50's and a pretty close game.

Houndawg
September 1st, 2013, 11:37 PM
Pretty sure that SIU is going to win. Ok. I expect a good game on both sides.

I said I don't think you'll win by 14, I didn't say I don't think you can win. Illinois' QB had a big day and we gave up two big plays but we sacked him five times and they rushed for a net 56 yds and 1.6ypc. And you won't be an unknown this year, I believe that will make a difference too.

Houndawg
September 1st, 2013, 11:41 PM
After that week 1 performance by EIU, I think they may gut this out.

I think they can, but I think SIU is a little more desperate having just let a golden opportunity get away, and often there is an emotional let down the week after a big win...