PDA

View Full Version : So which is bigger? NDSU>KSU or EWU>OSU

PAllen
August 31st, 2013, 09:06 PM
Which is the bigger win?

It may be too early to say, but I'd say NDSU as Oregon State was all offense and it looked like they couldn't stop anybody.

Your thoughts?

BisonFan02
August 31st, 2013, 09:08 PM
Too early to tell...going to have to see how K-State or Oregon State finish the year.

theasushow
August 31st, 2013, 09:08 PM
NDSU would beat OSU, EWU would beat K-state.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 31st, 2013, 09:09 PM
EWU

They were expected to take some lumps early on. OSU was obviously the ranked team.

Twentysix
August 31st, 2013, 09:09 PM
Really depends, according to USA today as of last week OSU is better by 1 spot, KSU was #26, OSU was #25.

The season will probably make it clear.

Twentysix
August 31st, 2013, 09:10 PM
EWU

They were expected to take some lumps early on. OSU was obviously the ranked team.

OSU was ranked one slot higher. That's some ridiculous logic.

Oregon State (http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/204/oregon-state-beavers)
0-0

Others receiving votes: Kansas State 113

BisonFan02
August 31st, 2013, 09:13 PM
Now that I think about how the question was phrased (bigger win...not necessarily bigger upset), the answer is EWU. Needed the win (and potentially the win over Toledo as well) to try and leap frog NDSU for seeding.

aces1180
August 31st, 2013, 09:14 PM
I think both wins are impressive...However, I do feel NDSU will get more national coverage due to the fact that it was one the few games being played last night and could be seen on national television.

theasushow
August 31st, 2013, 09:14 PM
OSU was ranked one slot higher. That's some ridiculous logic.

Oregon State (http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/204/oregon-state-beavers)
0-0

Others receiving votes: Kansas State 113

But NDSU is better than EWU....

Twentysix
August 31st, 2013, 09:15 PM
But NDSU is better than EWU....

And both teams won lol. The season will have to be played out to know which one was better. They are both awesome.

IBleedYellow
August 31st, 2013, 09:17 PM
NDSU would beat OSU, EWU would beat K-state.

I don't think EWU beats K-State. They actually had a defense and if EWU isnt able to pass while K State runs all over them...

Not like we will ever know, just my thoughts.

Moto X

Twentysix
August 31st, 2013, 09:18 PM
I don't think EWU beats K-State. They actually had a defense and if EWU isnt able to pass while K State runs all over them...

Not like we will ever know, just my thoughts.

Moto X

Agreed, we also may not have the offense to beat OSU.

Might have been a game of rock paper scissors tbh.

ElCid
August 31st, 2013, 09:19 PM
I gotta go with the victory over the ranked team. Although both are pretty impressive. There is a lot of underdogs sneaking up on favorites the last three days. Must be something in the water.

IBleedYellow
August 31st, 2013, 09:20 PM
Agreed, we also may not have the offense to beat OSU.

Might have been a game of rock paper scissors tbh.

We may be able to physically dominate teams that are ranked higher than us, it's hard for a team to throw on a team with good defense consistently enough to win against the big boys.

Moto X

heath
August 31st, 2013, 09:30 PM
Settle this in Frisco..............IMO
EWU 24
NDSU 23

Bisonator
August 31st, 2013, 09:30 PM
NDSU win is bigger because I'm a Bison fan. Duh!:D

Seriously though both are big wins. I doubt there's much difference between 25 & 26.

Twentysix
August 31st, 2013, 09:31 PM
NDSU win is bigger because I'm a Bison fan. Duh!:D

Seriously though both are big wins. I doubt there's much difference between 25 & 26.

Especially 25 and 26 from a PRESEASON poll. Lol, time will tell. They are both awesome.

swaghook
August 31st, 2013, 09:35 PM
We can revisit this topic when the FBS season is over. Both great wins just way to early to make a judgement as to quality of either win other then they were great for the FCS.

kdinva
EWU

+1

Go Green
Which is the bigger win?

Your thoughts?

You want my thoughts?

Asking which was the bigger win is like asking what's better, the Rolls or the Bentley? Jordan or Kobe? Ginger or Mary Ann?

Bohcat
August 31st, 2013, 09:44 PM
Both impressive wins. Musberger gave NDSU a shout out during the Georgia/Clemson game

Gil Dobie
August 31st, 2013, 09:45 PM
Both Great!

IBleedYellow
August 31st, 2013, 09:47 PM
How about UNI over ISU? Hah

Moto X

Bohcat
August 31st, 2013, 09:56 PM
Herbstreet just said EWU win was bigger so I am going to with him. EWU. xthumbsupx

MR. CHICKEN
August 31st, 2013, 09:56 PM
You want my thoughts?

Asking which was the bigger win is like asking what's better, the Rolls or the Bentley? Jordan or Kobe? Ginger or Mary Ann?

18080.....E. WASHINGTON.....BENTLEY.....JORDAN.....MARY ANN.......xrotatehx......BRAWK!

NoDak 4 Ever
August 31st, 2013, 09:58 PM
Of course EWU was a bigger win. Nobody expected that. NDSU's FBS games are becoming rather routine.

Nobody is asking which team is better. That's obvious.

bojeta
August 31st, 2013, 09:59 PM
Very impressive wins by both teams. Perhaps the most amazing thing is the similarity in how the did it on their final drives. Both driving the length of the field, and eating up 8+ minutes to win by 3 points!!! Great job NDSU, and EWU!!!

McTailGator
August 31st, 2013, 10:02 PM
McNeese 53-21 over South Florida.

Largest margin of Victory between a FCS and FBS in history.

thebootfitter
August 31st, 2013, 10:10 PM
As many have already said, both are great wins for FCS. Along with all the other FCS over FBS games this weekend, I think some eyes are starting to open.

Screamin_Eagle174
August 31st, 2013, 10:15 PM
Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Red & Black
August 31st, 2013, 10:36 PM
I don't care which win was bigger, I am just glad we won. With the brutal schedule we have this season, it gives us a little breathing room.

But if you want to get technical, this is only the third time an FCS school has beaten an AP top 25 school. App State, JMU, and now EWU.

Personally, I think it's negligible. Both are great wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thebootfitter
August 31st, 2013, 10:38 PM
McNeese 53-21 over South Florida.

Largest margin of Victory between a FCS and FBS in history.
Sorry, Charlie. Great win for sure, but Lehigh blanked [then] FBS Pennsylvania 58-0 in 1981.

Still, that's an impressive win for McNeese and the FCS!

Twentysix
August 31st, 2013, 10:40 PM
Sorry, Charlie. Great win for sure, but Lehigh blanked [then] FBS Pennsylvania 58-0 in 1981.

To be fair, the name change may make the other posters fact technically true.

thebootfitter
August 31st, 2013, 10:43 PM
To be fair, the name change may make the other posters fact technically true.
Fair enough. I'd give that to them. :-)

dudeitsaid
August 31st, 2013, 10:45 PM
I think that the EWU win was a more surprising win. I believe more people expected NDSU to win that game then people expected EWU to beat OSU. But NDSU was a very intense game played in front of a much bigger audience, so likely claimed more recognition. Both wins were outstanding, and both are garnering attention for the FCS. Shout-outs to UNI and McNeese for their impressive FBS wins tonight as well!

saxbison
August 31st, 2013, 10:47 PM
I think that the EWU win was a more surprising win. I believe more people expected NDSU to win that game then people expected EWU to beat OSU. But NDSU was a very intense game played in front of a much bigger audience, so likely claimed more recognition. Both wins were outstanding, and both are garnering attention for the FCS. Shout-outs to UNI and McNeese for their impressive FBS wins tonight as well!

Exactly. No need to fight about it. Enjoy the win Eastern, and I hope we beat you in the playoffs.

dudeitsaid
August 31st, 2013, 10:50 PM
Exactly. No need to fight about it. Enjoy the win Eastern, and I hope we beat you in the playoffs.

Enjoy yours as well...and I hope you don't!:D

worrierking
August 31st, 2013, 10:50 PM

He said it incorrectly. The win is the largest margin of victory by an FCS team over a BCS team, topping Furman's 28-3 win over North Carolina. That's the information released by McNeese, not FCS over FBS.

FargoBison
August 31st, 2013, 11:04 PM
Hard to say right now, I guess it will depend on how K-State and OSU's seasons play out.

dewey
August 31st, 2013, 11:07 PM

Great post and I agree 100%!

Go Bison!

Dewey

IBleedYellow
September 1st, 2013, 06:08 AM
There are quite a few angles that you can look at this: Media exposure wise NDSU's over KSU was top. Lead-in to sportscenter, national media on FS1, etc.

The bigger game that was a punch to the gut of a team that wasn't expecting it? Probably the OSU game, but I know I was at the KSU game and those people looked dejected, and they were still nice enough to play us a little fireworks show!

caribbeanhen
September 1st, 2013, 06:13 AM
enjoyed both wins at an equal level, well not really , I enjoyed the Bizon win more. something about a botched spot

McTailGator
September 1st, 2013, 07:30 AM
I meant largest margin of victory by an FCS over a BCS team in history

FargoBison
September 1st, 2013, 08:05 AM
South Florida is not a BCS team. Great win for McNeese though.

X-Factor
September 1st, 2013, 08:22 AM
I meant largest margin of victory by an FCS over a BCS team in history

Yep. That win slight edges NDSU's 44-14 win over Central Michigan a few years back. Looks like McNeese has a good team this year.

Texas
September 1st, 2013, 08:24 AM
OSU win. Loved seeing KSU getting knocked off, but wow a ranked OSU team.

ElCid
September 1st, 2013, 08:36 AM
South Florida is not a BCS team. Great win for McNeese though.

Not sure for absolute certainty and I could be wrong, but I believe the AAC inherited the Big East BCS Berth, so yeah, they are a BCS team.

thebootfitter
September 1st, 2013, 08:38 AM
OSU win. Loved seeing KSU getting knocked off, but wow a ranked OSU team.
My intent isn't to take away from EWU's accomplishment, because it is very impressive. But the difference between a number 25 and 26 ranking in a preseason poll is nominal only. If that's the sole reason you feel the EWU win deserves "wow" and the Bison don't, might want to reconsider.

All factors considered, I still think that it's hard to distinguish between the real value of each win at this point in the season.

You are, of course, still welcome to your own opinions. :-)

FargoBison
September 1st, 2013, 08:53 AM
Not sure for absolute certainty and I could be wrong, but I believe the AAC inherited the Big East BCS Berth, so yeah, they are a BCS team.

In 2014 they will be grouped in with the MAC, CUSA, Sun Belt and MWC so I don't really consider them a BCS conference.

Thundar
September 1st, 2013, 08:57 AM
damn awesome for both teams, and all the others also

NDSU might grab a little more attention because KSU was the Defending B12 champs but we know that doesn't mean crap. Considering one was #25 and the other #26 can't take anything from either.

damn good week for the FCS

SDFS
September 1st, 2013, 09:05 AM
AP Top 25 - OSU 25 and KSU receiving votes 31
USA Today Top 25 - OSU 25 and KSU receiving votes 26
ESPN Top 25 - OSU 23 and KSU receiving votes 31
Athlon - OSU 25 and KSU receiving votes 31
CBS Sports - both receiving votes OSU 28 and KSU 45

Ronin
September 1st, 2013, 09:17 AM
K-State is probably the better team of the two. However, I think it's more of an upset with EWU winning the game.

Thundar
September 1st, 2013, 09:26 AM
does Montana pounding Appy count as FBS now??

Cocky
September 1st, 2013, 09:29 AM
EWU

This FCS over FBS is becoming so common Fox and ESPN are giving little coverage to the games. We received more coverage for our victory over Ole Miss than EWU did for a victory over a ranked BCS school. Of course beating a SEC school ranks high in the media charts.

IBleedYellow
September 1st, 2013, 09:41 AM
EWU

This FCS over FBS is becoming so common Fox and ESPN are giving little coverage to the games. We received more coverage for our victory over Ole Miss than EWU did for a victory over a ranked BCS school. Of course beating a SEC school ranks high in the media charts.

That or you have to win 4 FBS games in a row like NDSU has.

Pretty sure the only reason we got all the media time was because of that last drive and the fact it was FBS win #4 in a row.

CHIP72
September 1st, 2013, 11:11 AM
I'd rank Eastern Washington's win as slightly more impressive, but the two wins are, pardon the pun, in the same ballpark as one another.

IBleedYellow
September 1st, 2013, 11:39 AM
Watching ESPN's broadcast of MS Valley and Florida A&M they keep talking about NDSU's win over KSU vs the EWU game.

They also are making sure people know we are pronounced the BIZON not the Bissson.

Say prison with an s, same exactly thing.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 1st, 2013, 11:48 AM
Watching ESPN's broadcast of MS Valley and Florida A&M they keep talking about NDSU's win over KSU vs the EWU game.

They also are making sure people know we are pronounced the BIZON not the Bissson.

Say prison with an s, same exactly thing.

I always say, you didn't pronounce Andre Rison like Ricin.

Twentysix
September 1st, 2013, 12:00 PM
I always say, you didn't pronounce Andre Rison like Ricin.

It's simply just a French word.

Bisons(Bee-zon-s) is how it is said in French... the English adopted the French word instead of making their own. All we do is say the 'I' differently and drop the 'S' at the end. Anyone not saying it that way is pronouncing it wrong.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 1st, 2013, 12:00 PM
NDSU no question

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 1st, 2013, 12:07 PM
Both good wins.

Defense wins championships though....xnodx

344Johnson
September 1st, 2013, 12:18 PM
Which is the bigger win?

It may be too early to say, but I'd say NDSU as Oregon State was all offense and it looked like they couldn't stop anybody.

Your thoughts?

Tough to figure.

K-State is definitely a bigger name in college football if that means anything though.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 1st, 2013, 12:24 PM
EWU... no question.

MSU_77
September 1st, 2013, 12:42 PM
As much as I enjoyed my alma mater's dismantling of BCS member USF last night, I have to say both the NDSU and EWU wins are more impressive. If I have to pick one, I'd pick the NDSU win.

USF is a pathetic excuse for a BCS program.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 1st, 2013, 12:43 PM
EWU... no question.

Of course it is. OSU is probably better than KSU and you're not as good as NDSU.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 1st, 2013, 12:48 PM
Of course it is. OSU is probably better than KSU and you're not as good as NDSU.
http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/88967589089216153807.png

xlolx

12-11-2010.... Never Forget.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 1st, 2013, 01:02 PM
xlolx

Keep clutching on to that one. Every NDSU fan would gladly trade that game for the next 3 championships. Small price to pay.

IBleedYellow
September 1st, 2013, 01:03 PM
The fact that loss pretty much pushed our team to be better and go back to back. I thank you.

BisonFan02
September 1st, 2013, 01:06 PM
xlolx

Even Citadel fans are laughing at you for clinging to that victory. :D

Sam_Kats
September 1st, 2013, 01:14 PM
Congrats to BOTH programs. Makes those 2 title losses sting just a tad bit less when the Bison are taking down quality teams like Kansa State. Not really though xsmhx

Eagles coming to Texas 9/28 just got a whole lot more interesting. Especially with our current 15 game home winnning streak (chance to be 17 if things go as planned).

Good luck vs Toledo!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 1st, 2013, 01:28 PM
Even Citadel fans are laughing at you for clinging to that victory. :D
xlolx You think I'm clinging to that victory? That victory doesn't mean ****... we won the title in 2010. I just love twisting the knife to those of you who are still butthurt about it. :D

Red & Black
September 1st, 2013, 02:17 PM
Congrats to BOTH programs. Makes those 2 title losses sting just a tad bit less when the Bison are taking down quality teams like Kansa State. Not really though xsmhx

Eagles coming to Texas 9/28 just got a whole lot more interesting. Especially with our current 15 game home winnning streak (chance to be 17 if things go as planned).

Good luck vs Toledo!

Really looking forward to that game. We've got some unfinished business. xthumbsupx

Red & Black
September 1st, 2013, 02:22 PM
I'd say the game's gotten a fair amount of attention. All over ESPN and other outlets and then front page on espn.com today.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 1st, 2013, 02:25 PM
xlolx You think I'm clinging to that victory? That victory doesn't mean ****... we won the title in 2010. I just love twisting the knife to those of you who are still butthurt about it. :D

You're the only one who ever mentions it. I didn't even remember the date.

EWU has 4 times as many losses since that day as NDSU. 8-2. wow.

justintyem
September 1st, 2013, 02:29 PM
Settle this in Frisco..............IMO
EWU 24
NDSU 23I take Brock Jensen and his Bison from NDSU,as Brock as some unfinished business to do..............
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdRyGV0kJuY

IBleedYellow
September 1st, 2013, 02:34 PM
I find it funny that they rush the field in that situation.

NDSU has established a tradition that the only time we rush the field is for Championships. The first year in Frisco they weren't ready for us and couldn't stop us once it occured, since they didn't want us down there. Last year they were ready for us, helping us down, and telling us that we can, but wait for SHSU to get somewhat off the field.

On Friday night some younger Bison fans wanted to rush the field, and some older ones said "Why would we rush the field for doing something that's business as usual? We rush for Championships, nothing less."

GreatAppSt
September 1st, 2013, 03:00 PM
Both great wins. But I sure liked the way NDSU finished them off.xbowx

Nickels
September 1st, 2013, 03:05 PM
xlolx You think I'm clinging to that victory? That victory doesn't mean ****... we won the title in 2010. I just love twisting the knife to those of you who are still butthurt about it. :DEnjoy it while you can Ruger. In less than a month you will see what the nation's longest home winning streak is all about.

McNeese75
September 1st, 2013, 03:56 PM

You are correct Sir.

Thundar
September 1st, 2013, 04:15 PM
why does everything have to be a bitch fest, both teams beat good teams.

EWU was the last team outside NDSU to win a title I would say both very cocomparable

Nickels
September 1st, 2013, 04:17 PM

EWU was the last team outside NDSU to win a title I would say both very cocomparable
Comparable other than NDSU having the better team, players, conference and fan base.

Red & Black
September 1st, 2013, 04:23 PM

This.

/Thread

Hammerhead
September 1st, 2013, 04:40 PM
Perhaps the biggest reason was the Bison game was bigger news is because the game was on a Friday night.

Pretty sure the only reason we got all the media time was because of that last drive and the fact it was FBS win #4 in a row.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 1st, 2013, 04:46 PM
Enjoy it while you can Ruger. In less than a month you will see what the nation's longest home winning streak is all about.
Whatever you say, Ralph. xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
September 1st, 2013, 04:50 PM
Comparable other than NDSU having the better team, players, conference and fan base.

This.

Hammerhead
September 1st, 2013, 06:25 PM
The only FBS win mentioned on the weekend recap on ESPN this afternoon was NDSU over K-State.

deez_na
September 1st, 2013, 08:31 PM
Jordan or Kobe really isn't a difficult choice. It's Jordan easy but other then that yeah it's tough to say

BisonFan02
September 1st, 2013, 09:01 PM
Sex, pizza, cold beer, and wins over FBS teams....no such thing as a "bad" one right? :D

Screamin_Eagle174
September 1st, 2013, 09:08 PM
Sex, pizza, cold beer, and wins over FBS teams....no such thing as a "bad" one right? :D
Hear hear!

HenZoneNation
September 1st, 2013, 09:25 PM
They are both HUGE...fantastic job by two great programs. NDSU has come on to the FCS scene like a bat out of hell and I think EWU has done an excellent job of building their program to an elite status. Whether you like the turf or not, it gets attention. That's a good thing just ask Oregon. Both programs have unbelievable coaches and I hope they can hold on to them. With the loss of ODU and UMASS and with GSU and APPY leavin next year, the FCS needs teams like NDSU and EWU, who by uneducated college football fans might not be known teams, to step into the places of those great, departing programs. Great Job guys.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 1st, 2013, 10:43 PM

I simply pointed out why I thought EWU was a bigger win. SE took it personally because he's a bitchy little troll and then it went from there.

Herder
September 1st, 2013, 11:17 PM
Most networks are good about showing FCS vs FBS win highlights, save one . . . can you guess? Yes, it BTN. Our 2011 win vs. Minn, I could swear that win never happeded. If you wanted a highlight, you better have recorded the game. Complete white wash of discussion or video by the B1G. BTN is a bigger control freak than Bill Synder in Manhattan. Was there any stats shown during the game at BSFS this weekend? Just K-States . . . sorry no stats for you NDSU, even though we have a nice scoreboard designed just for stats. NDSU, you are FCS aren't important enough for us to show your stats.

PAllen
September 1st, 2013, 11:42 PM
Most networks are good about showing FCS vs FBS win highlights, save one . . . can you guess? Yes, it BTN. Our 2011 win vs. Minn, I could swear that win never happeded. If you wanted a highlight, you better have recorded the game. Complete white wash of discussion or video by the B1G. BTN is a bigger control freak than Bill Synder in Manhattan. Was there any stats shown during the game at BSFS this weekend? Just K-States . . . sorry no stats for you NDSU, even though we have a nice scoreboard designed just for stats. NDSU, you are FCS aren't important enough for us to show your stats.

Really? Now you're b$#%ing about KSU not showing your team stats on the scoreboard? Some of you Bison fans really are premadonnas. BTW, I'm pretty sure they showed the only stat that matters (the final score).

Screamin_Eagle174
September 2nd, 2013, 12:05 AM
I simply pointed out why I thought EWU was a bigger win. SE took it personally because he's a bitchy little troll and then it went from there.
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

I don't take anything you say personally; you're more worthless than lakes or JBB.

Thundar
September 2nd, 2013, 01:11 AM

well let it go, we have won 2 titles and 3 FBS games since our loss to the eventual National Champ in 2010

nothing to be ashamed about, and I believe the winner of that game in 2010 was going to be the NC anyway weather it was us or EWU

congrats EWU very nice win

dudeitsaid
September 2nd, 2013, 01:41 AM
Perhaps the biggest reason was the Bison game was bigger news is because the game was on a Friday night.

I agree, there is something about being first. You guys got the first BIG upset of the weekend in remarkable fashion in front of a bigger TV audience. I think anytime a FCS team can beat a quality FBS team, it is something we can all cheer about. I know I was a fan of the Bison on Friday night! To me, as an Eagles fan, of course the EWU win was bigger for me. But for the FCS in general, it was likely NDSU. What was a better win in regards to the quality of the opponent is complete speculation until we have more of the season to gauge their performance.

IBleedYellow
September 2nd, 2013, 07:09 AM
One more thing I found out today:
OSU has lost their past 2 of 3 season openers vs. FCS competition.

So really, EWU was just par for the course for OSU.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 2nd, 2013, 07:25 AM
I agree, there is something about being first. You guys got the first BIG upset of the weekend in remarkable fashion in front of a bigger TV audience. I think anytime a FCS team can beat a quality FBS team, it is something we can all cheer about. I know I was a fan of the Bison on Friday night! To me, as an Eagles fan, of course the EWU win was bigger for me. But for the FCS in general, it was likely NDSU. What was a better win in regards to the quality of the opponent is complete speculation until we have more of the season to gauge their performance.

Good post!!

Two great wins against quality FBS programs.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 2nd, 2013, 07:55 AM
Really? Now you're b$#%ing about KSU not showing your team stats on the scoreboard? Some of you Bison fans really are premadonnas. BTW, I'm pretty sure they showed the only stat that matters (the final score).

actually the stat boards weren't working at all. They did show the halftime stats on the side board on south west side.

MplsBison
September 2nd, 2013, 12:12 PM
Which is the bigger win?

Your thoughts?

What do you mean by bigger? More important to FCS? More important to the individual program?

I would say if you ask coach Bohl, particularly given his prior experience with Kansas St as the DC at Nebraska, the win over Kansas St was the biggest win for the NDSU program's history (national championships notwithstanding). I don't know enough about EW's history to know if a win over Oregon St would be considered the same, but I'll guess so.

Both were hugely important in a huge weekend for the FCS (along with UNI beating Iowa St, although they've beaten that team before I'm sure).

On paper, NDSU was the number one ranked team in FCS and K-St was #26 in the AP poll, while EW was ranked ___ (not sure, not number one though) and OSU was ranked #25 in the AP poll. Therefore EW's win was slightly more statistically significant.

HensRock
September 2nd, 2013, 12:17 PM
You want my thoughts?

Bad analogy.
Mary Ann hands down! LOL

LeeshaJo
September 2nd, 2013, 12:30 PM
What do you mean by bigger? More important to FCS? More important to the individual program?

I would say if you ask coach Bohl, particularly given his prior experience with Kansas St as the DC at Nebraska, the win over Kansas St was the biggest win for the NDSU program's history (national championships notwithstanding). I don't know enough about EW's history to know if a win over Oregon St would be considered the same, but I'll guess so.

Both were hugely important in a huge weekend for the FCS (along with UNI beating Iowa St, although they've beaten that team before I'm sure).

On paper, NDSU was the number one ranked team in FCS and K-St was #26 in the AP poll, while EW was ranked ___ (not sure, not number one though) and OSU was ranked #25 in the AP poll. Therefore EW's win was slightly more statistically significant.

I think no matter the team when you win over an FBS team it is a feather in the cap for the school. "We may be, FCS but we play with anyone." type thing. I do think NDSU is getting more press, but that may be because of where I am located.

Red & Black
September 2nd, 2013, 01:02 PM
One more thing I found out today:
OSU has lost their past 2 of 3 season openers vs. FCS competition.

So really, EWU was just par for the course for OSU.

You guys will find any way you can to try to dismiss us. That's ok - keep at it.

No one is saying that this win is comparable to App/Michigan or anything. But it's the first win for our program over the Pac-12 after coming close many times (Colorado, Washington, WSU).

In terms of recruiting and media exposure on the west coast, this is huge for EWU and the Big Sky. When you add to that the fact that this was an AP top 25 team coming off of a BCS bowl appearance, for us this was very significant.

F'N Hawks
September 2nd, 2013, 01:07 PM
They were both very good wins and both FBS opponents were ranked almost the exact same. Both were in the Top 30. Will only know how truly great each win was after the FBS teams play their full schedule.

MTfan4life
September 2nd, 2013, 01:16 PM
I honestly assumed NDSU would beat KState. I thought Oregon State would run over EWU. Therefore, in my opinion, Eastern's win was much more impressive. McNeese State and Eastern Illinois' wins rank right up there with EWU. UNI just a little bit under as 2012 was a senior laden team for a still average Iowa State team. I put Towson and UNI's wins together. All-in-all 5 very impressive wins for the top tier of the FCS, along with a whole host of impressive FCS-FCS level wins. 2013 is going to be a great season!

NoDak 4 Ever
September 2nd, 2013, 01:23 PM
I honestly assumed NDSU would beat KState. I thought Oregon State would run over EWU. Therefore, in my opinion, Eastern's win was much more impressive. McNeese State and Eastern Illinois' wins rank right up there with EWU. UNI just a little bit under as 2012 was a senior laden team for a still average Iowa State team. I put Towson and UNI's wins together. All-in-all 5 very impressive wins for the top tier of the FCS, along with a whole host of impressive FCS-FCS level wins. 2013 is going to be a great season!

If there were two wins that changed my mind about teams it was the UNI and UM games. Both came off a terrible year last year and asserted themselves.

MplsBison
September 2nd, 2013, 03:40 PM
You guys will find any way you can to try to dismiss us. That's ok - keep at it.

No one is saying that this win is comparable to App/Michigan or anything. But it's the first win for our program over the Pac-12 after coming close many times (Colorado, Washington, WSU).

In terms of recruiting and media exposure on the west coast, this is huge for EWU and the Big Sky. When you add to that the fact that this was an AP top 25 team coming off of a BCS bowl appearance, for us this was very significant.

I don't believe Oregon State was in a BCS bowl last year. Kansas State, on the other hand, was - the Fiesta Bowl vs. Oregon.

Red & Black
September 2nd, 2013, 05:51 PM
I don't believe Oregon State was in a BCS bowl last year. Kansas State, on the other hand, was - the Fiesta Bowl vs. Oregon.

Correct - I mis-spoke. Oregon State was defeated by Texas 31-27 in the Alamo Bowl.

dudeitsaid
September 2nd, 2013, 06:04 PM

I think I heard coaches from both schools say this weekend that this was the biggest win of their program's history. And no doubt, there is plenty of media exposure for both teams (as well as UNI) to do great things for their credibility, brand, and recruiting.

tjamz
September 3rd, 2013, 01:44 AM
Both were great and I mean GREAT wins. I think ewu shocked more people than NDSU, however I think NDSU is getting way more attention in the press. In searching Google for fcs information many of the articles were focusing on "FBS shouldn't schedule FCS teams anymore" and the majority of them were directly referencing NDSU and then adding in the "oh yeah.. and 7 other teams win as well". I'm not saying it is right to do that, I'm just pointing out my observations.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Go Green
September 3rd, 2013, 05:44 AM
Jordan or Kobe really isn't a difficult choice. It's Jordan easy but other then that yeah it's tough to say

Nice to see Ginger getting some love. Every other post on the board and sent to my inbox was along the lines of "Mary Ann and it's not even close."

:D

BluBengal07
September 3rd, 2013, 07:56 AM
Which is the bigger win?

Your thoughts?

like said before, it's too early to know but these were two great wins for the programs and FCS. Folks are already thinking about SHSU and A&M now. lol. but with McNeese State tearing USF a new one xsmhx, that outcome sticks out to me more. i noticed that this is Willie Taggart is a first year head coach for USF. After seeing his work at WKU, he needs to prove his value, quickly.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 3rd, 2013, 08:21 AM
like said before, it's too early to know but these were two great wins for the programs and FCS. Folks are already thinking about SHSU and A&M now. lol. but with McNeese State tearing USF a new one xsmhx, that outcome sticks out to me more. i noticed that this is Willie Taggart is a first year head coach for USF. After seeing his work at WKU, he needs to prove his value, quickly.

Since I've made it no secret I think that NDSU has a great chance to win it all this year this presents an opportunity for an undefeated season. Many were predicting 14-1 but now the very real chance of 15-0 is there. THAT is pretty big.

AmsterBison
September 3rd, 2013, 08:26 AM
If we're talking which is the bigger upset, then it would be EWU over Oregon State.

SpeedkingATL
September 3rd, 2013, 09:08 AM
They are both great wins. We'll know which was the bigger win in December.

Professor Chaos
September 3rd, 2013, 11:06 AM
Right now I'd say it's a wash. EWU beat a slightly better team but NDSU had the stage basically to themselves due to it being a Friday night game without much else happening in college football or elsewhere in the sports world. By the end of the year we may be able to say objectively who had the better win.

In terms of the games themselves (trying not to look at it as an NDSU fan), I'd personally take the NDSU/KSU style game over the OSU/EWU style any day. 95 combined points and over 1000 yards of total offense just seems too Arena League for me. This doesn't take anything away from EWU's win, just personal preference over which game had better football on display.

Houndawg
September 3rd, 2013, 11:13 AM
If we're talking which is the bigger upset, then it would be EWU over Oregon State.

This

Bisonator
September 3rd, 2013, 11:32 AM
Bigger in what way? EWU probably was the bigger upset, since I don't know too many who were giving them a chance. I know a lot of NDSU fans thought we had a shot against KSU.

IMO, KSU is a better team then OSU. OSU has been a mediocre team for awhile and is 2 years removed from a 3-9 season. KSU was a BCS contender last year and they play defense too. KSU hasn't lost a home opener in 20 years! Time will tell who was the better team, but my money is on KSU.

Now as far as exposure, I think the NDSU/KSU was way bigger for a lot of reasons. Fewer games on Friday, nationally televised, reigning B12 champs, etc.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 3rd, 2013, 03:35 PM
NDSU - Tositos Fiesta Bowl Team of the Week

http://www.sportswriters.net/fwaa/news/2013/team130903.html

NORTH DAKOTA STATE IS TOSTITOS
FIESTA BOWL NATIONAL TEAM OF THE WEEK DALLAS (FWAA) – The North Dakota State Bison headlined a banner weekend for teams from the Football Championship Subdivision by knocking off Kansas State on the road, 24-21. The two-time defending FCS champions are the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl National Team of the Week for games of the weekend of Aug. 31.

http://www.sportswriters.net/fwaa/news/2013/images/logo_tow.jpg (http://www.sportswriters.net/fwaa/awards/teamoftheweek/index.html)

The announcement came exclusively on SiriusXM Radio's "College Sports Today," hosted by Mark Packer and Eddie George.
Bison quarterback Brock Jensen engineered an 18-play, 80-yard march over 8:30 for the deciding touchdown, which he scored on a keeper with 28 seconds remaining to cap a comeback from a 21-7 third-quarter deficit. Jensen converted four third-down plays on the final drive, and had two touchdowns in the game.
In joining Appalachian State as just the second team from the FCS to earn National Team of Week honors, NDSU (1-0) can now add the defending Big 12 champions to its list of recent Football Bowl Subdivision victims. The Bison also own wins over Colorado State, Minnesota and Kansas in the last three seasons.

dudeitsaid
September 3rd, 2013, 10:20 PM
Oh yeah! USA today ranked the top six FCS over FBS upsets, and EWU gets the nod for number 3, behind App over Mich at #1, and JMU over VT at #2. NDSU came in at #4. So there! xnodx

http://www.usatoday.com/picture-gallery/sports/ncaaf/2013/09/03/ranking-the-best-fcs-over-fbs-upsets-since-2006/2754933/

And EWU's picture is at the top of this article, and NDSU is below!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2013/09/03/fcs-teams-beating-fbs-teams-happy-where-they-are/2759449/

Before week one, Oregon State was ahead of K state in most polls, so it appears the majority of people who follow FBS thought for various reasons, they were a slightly better team. NDSU has a history of winning against FBS opponents regularly (7 out of the last 10, I believe). EWU has not had much success against FBS opponents, certainly the Pac 12, or quality teams (of which I would categorize both K State and Oregon State). EWU was lower ranked in the FCS polls than NDSU. OSU was higher ranked than K State in the FBS polls. So at least on paper, EWU was a bigger upset. But that doesn't necessarily make it a "better win". What game is truly the "better win" won't be known until we see the body of work both FBS teams put together. By means of comparison, App state's win against Michigan got much more press than any FCS upset, to my knowledge. Yet, that Michigan team did not turn out to be that great. Whereas JMU over Virginia Tech was, IMO, a better win, because Virginia Tech proved over the season that compared to the rest of the FBS, they were a very solid team. It will be interesting to revisit this question closer to the end of the season. Of course, SHSU could shut us all up if they beat the Aggies!

Both wins have garnered a great deal of additional press for both of their respective teams, and the FCS. And for that, I am pumped for both teams.

Twentysix
September 3rd, 2013, 10:24 PM
Oh yeah! USA today ranked the top six FCS over FBS upsets, and EWU gets the nod for number 3, behind App over Mich at #1, and JMU over VT at #2. NDSU came in at #4. So there! xnodx

http://www.usatoday.com/picture-gallery/sports/ncaaf/2013/09/03/ranking-the-best-fcs-over-fbs-upsets-since-2006/2754933/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2013/09/03/fcs-teams-beating-fbs-teams-happy-where-they-are/2759449/

Before week one, Oregon State was ahead of K state in most polls, so it appears the majority of people who follow FBS thought for various reasons, they were a slightly better team. NDSU has a history of winning against FBS opponents regularly (7 out of the last 10, I believe). EWU has not had much success against FBS opponents, certainly the Pac 12, or quality teams (of which I would categorize both K State and Oregon State). EWU was lower ranked in the FCS polls than NDSU. OSU was higher ranked than K State in the FBS polls. So at least on paper, EWU was a bigger upset. But that doesn't necessarily make it a "better win". What game is truly the "better win" won't be known until we see the body of work both FBS teams put together. By means of comparison, App state's win against Michigan got much more press than any FCS upset, to my knowledge. Yet, that Michigan team did not turn out to be that great. Whereas JMU over Virginia Tech was, IMO, a better win, because Virginia Tech proved over the season that compared to the rest of the FBS, they were a very solid team. It will be interesting to revisit this question closer to the end of the season. Of course, SHSU could shut us all up if they beat the Aggies!

Both wins have garnered a great deal of additional press for both of their respective teams, and the FCS. And for that, I am pumped for both teams.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/3133605/kstatenooo_medium.gif

NoDak 4 Ever
September 3rd, 2013, 10:28 PM

I don't know how many times I have to repeat this. The EWU game was a bigger upset.

We knew NDSU was going to win that game. It's just what they do.

Cocky
September 4th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Does anyone other than JSU have a victory over an SEC school since 2006? Hard to believe a FCS win against the "best" conference doesnt get ranked. Maybe it would go against the media machine.

AmsterBison
September 4th, 2013, 08:27 AM

That's what is kind of neat about the wins. Both are huge in our respective recruiting regions.

NDSU may have gotten a bit luckier with the media exposure though.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 4th, 2013, 08:37 AM
That's what is kind of neat about the wins. Both are huge in our respective recruiting regions.

NDSU may have gotten a bit luckier with the media exposure though.

I think 2 things set the NDSU game apart (besides being alone on Friday night)

NDSU's record against FBS teams - no matter what you think of the competition a FCS team going 7-3 against FBS competition over a 7 year period is crazy.

"The Drive" - The fact that NDSU manhandled KSU over the final 8 1/2 minutes and looked so damned good doing it. They looked like the FBS team and KSU looked like the FCS team.

Houndawg
September 4th, 2013, 09:01 AM
I think 2 things set the NDSU game apart (besides being alone on Friday night)

NDSU's record against FBS teams - no matter what you think of the competition a FCS team going 7-3 against FBS competition over a 7 year period is crazy.

"The Drive" - The fact that NDSU manhandled KSU over the final 8 1/2 minutes and looked so damned good doing it. They looked like the FBS team and KSU looked like the FCS team.

The Drive sets it apart, the FCS wins were just smart scheduling of weak FBS teams

MplsBison
September 4th, 2013, 09:55 AM

As you noted, the thread does not ask which game was the bigger upset. It simply asked which was bigger, ill-defined though it may be.

Perhaps I might offer another viewpoint: most FCS over BCS wins come early in the season when the BCS school has perhaps not worked out some of its kinks (like breaking in a new QB or a new system). If the teams played again at the end of the season, would the FCS team still win? (assuming no major injuries to either team)

For NDSU and K-State, I would give NDSU at least a 50% chance to beat K-State at the end of the season. Not sure about EW and OR St.

AmsterBison
September 4th, 2013, 10:43 AM
The Drive sets it apart, the FCS wins were just smart scheduling of weak FBS teams

Heh, I don't buy that at all. It's not like NDSU picks which FBS schools offer games. Granted NDSU scheduled a couple of MAC teams that Coach Bohl thought we could beat but that almost backfired as Central Michigan went to a bowl game the year NDSU played them, and Ball State was just starting to get better.

When NDSU scheduled Minnesota, the Gophers were in the midst of five consecutive bowl game seasons. Heck the year NDSU lost by 1 (10-9), Minnesota scored 5 TDs on Texas Tech in the first half. NDSU scheduled Kansas six months or so after their Orange Bowl appearance. Iowa? NDSU scheduled them 9 months after their third consecutive bowl win. And I don't think that NDSU was aiming for a down year when they scheduled Kansas State.

It's almost impossible to predict two or more years in advance whether a team is going to be down or not.

dudeitsaid
September 5th, 2013, 12:44 AM
Perhaps I might offer another viewpoint: most FCS over BCS wins come early in the season when the BCS school has perhaps not worked out some of its kinks (like breaking in a new QB or a new system). If the teams played again at the end of the season, would the FCS team still win? (assuming no major injuries to either team)

That is a great point. I thought about that as well, and those games being early in the season, it is definitely a possible factor. However, I would say the same factor is in play with the FCS team as well. For all of the teams this past week, it was their first game of the season. Additionally, I do think it is easy for these FBS teams to fall into the trap of thinking it's an easy win, and playing down. How many times have we seen the same thing from top tier FCS teams almost or actually losing to lower level, struggling FCS teams.

I have wondered how this weekends FCS vs FBS games will go, as well as the others this season. I would think that the FBS world is "on alert" and very few teams will be taking their FCS "little brothers" lightly. I personally could see an EWU win versus Toledo as an even bigger victory, because I am certain Toledo will go into that game with the mindset that we are an opponent that can beat them if they don't play a high level of football.

crossfire07
September 5th, 2013, 01:36 AM
Oregon State is a step child to Oregon so they are used to getting slapped around. Kansas State has recent history so that is the better win.

Nickels
September 5th, 2013, 02:25 AM
xnodx

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 5th, 2013, 06:28 AM

LOL....nice try

eaglewraith
September 5th, 2013, 07:05 AM
In 2014 they will be grouped in with the MAC, CUSA, Sun Belt and MWC so I don't really consider them a BCS conference.

After this year there is no more BCS period, so even the SEC won't be a BCS conference.

eaglewraith
September 5th, 2013, 07:09 AM

Few factors contributed.

1) Friday night so little competition for TV time. Plus being on Fox Sports 1, they're gonna push their game results really hard to get visibility on the network. Lack of competition means a LOT as we saw with the GSU vs ODU game this year on ESPN being the highest ranked FCS game of the year. The GSU vs NDSU one was also highly rated with little competition on Friday night.

2) Biggest thing is Kansas State is the defending Big 12 champions. You beat a reigning BCS conference champ. That's what's got all the comotion going on, moreso than EWU beating a ranked team. Both wins were extremely good, but this gives ya'll the edge. This point was even noted in it being the Tostitos Game of the Week.

3) The drama at the end definitely contributed as well. That last drive was insane. You guys had definitely just wore down their defense, there was no way they were stopping you.

eaglewraith
September 5th, 2013, 07:10 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/3133605/kstatenooo_medium.gif

I know them feels bro......4th and ****ing 3

thebootfitter
December 11th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Looking at final regular season records, K-State, 7-5 in the Big 12, is probably not too dissimilar from Oregon State, 6-6 in the Pac 12.

Sagarin has K-State at #25 using the Predictor score at 80.87. Oregon State is #34 at 78.99. For reference, NDSU is #27 at 80.30, EWU is #78 at 65.51.
(EIU is #31 at 79.31; NIU is #52 at 73.26; San Diego State is #99 at 62.25)

There's not a lot of tangible value in making subjective judgments on which was a bigger win, but it still might be fun to reflect back on the season a bit. Obviously still some games to be played, but I think we have seen enough of KSU and OSU to make some comparisons.

I saw a handful of games from each team this year. I think I'd put money on K-State straight up against Oregon State, though I believe it would be a great game. It is apparent that EWU probably had the bigger upset, though I would say they both seem to be pretty equal in terms of quality of wins.

dudeitsaid
December 11th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Looking at final regular season records, K-State, 7-5 in the Big 12, is probably not too dissimilar from Oregon State, 6-6 in the Pac 12.

Sagarin has K-State at #25 using the Predictor score at 80.87. Oregon State is #34 at 78.99. For reference, NDSU is #27 at 80.30, EWU is #78 at 65.51.
(EIU is #31 at 79.31; NIU is #52 at 73.26; San Diego State is #99 at 62.25)

There's not a lot of tangible value in making subjective judgments on which was a bigger win, but it still might be fun to reflect back on the season a bit. Obviously still some games to be played, but I think we have seen enough of KSU and OSU to make some comparisons.

I saw a handful of games from each team this year. I think I'd put money on K-State straight up against Oregon State, though I believe it would be a great game. It is apparent that EWU probably had the bigger upset, though I would say they both seem to be pretty equal in terms of quality of wins.

I would say they are both tremendous wins that garnered a lot of attention for the FCS and their schools. But I think the K-State was a bigger win in that:
It was the first marquee upset of the season
It was a factor led to gameday at NDSU
NDSU continues to enjoy that limelight and will host a playoff game on the ESPN main station
It got coach Bohl a job at Wyoming (Just Kidding!!!)

Seriously, it had a bigger impact for NDSU than the OSU win did for EWU. That being said, I think beating the Beavers was one of EWU's biggest wins every and did a tremendous amount for publicity for our school as well.

BisonFan02
December 11th, 2013, 03:50 PM
I would say they are both tremendous wins that garnered a lot of attention for the FCS and their schools. But I think the K-State was a bigger win in that:
NDSU continues to enjoy that limelight and will host a playoff game on the ESPN main station

Seriously, it had a bigger impact for NDSU than the OSU win did for EWU. That being said, I think beating the Beavers was one of EWU's biggest wins every and did a tremendous amount for publicity for our school as well.

I agree with this.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 11th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Absolutely no discussion needed it was NDSU beating K-State.

K-State is solid most years and OSU sucks just like they do this season. Good teams do not lose 6 games in a row when they play average or better teams. Everybody beats OSU even the Griz have done it in the past. OSU is not a good football team and half of the BSC would take them to the cleaners thats how poor they are.

Laker
December 11th, 2013, 04:27 PM
NDSU over KSU. Lots of people watched this game nationwide- including me. It got GameDay to go to Fargo. It got people saying Bi-zon instead of Bice-on. It got people talking FCS vs BCS. It had stories about Synder sending a classy letter. No contest.

IBleedYellow
December 11th, 2013, 04:28 PM

There is nothing to kid about, this win got Bohl the job at Wyoming.

UNHWildcat18
December 11th, 2013, 04:38 PM
In terms of status yeah big twelve champs from last year. NDSU got more out of it but I really think the EWU win was a much better win. k-state is nothing special without their qb Klein as shown this year. The offense of OSU is better in my mind and how the teams stack up EWU winning was a lesser shot on paper and the win proved a lot more to me anyways

Bisonoline
December 11th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Doesnt make any difference how either team finishes. Both games were huge.

Grizzlies82
December 11th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Both wins were impressive. However Eastern WA's win was bigger.
KSU's 2012 team was long gone. In 2013 Oregon State has a much better team than Kansas State.
ND State is habitually beating up weak Midwestern FBS teams.
So EWU's win was bigger, though NDSU did get more PR mileage out of their win.
Hope things work out so we can see the Eagles and Bison play and showcase their conflicting styles.

centennial
December 11th, 2013, 05:30 PM
In terms of status yeah big twelve champs from last year. NDSU got more out of it but I really think the EWU win was a much better win. k-state is nothing special without their qb Klein as shown this year. The offense of OSU is better in my mind and how the teams stack up EWU winning was a lesser shot on paper and the win proved a lot more to me anyways
28 Kansas State A = 79.65 7 5
37 Oregon State A = 78.44 6 6
The teams are similar with the edge going to K-State. EWU is the bigger win because less people expected them to win..

Bisonator
December 11th, 2013, 05:48 PM
KSU's 2012 team was long gone. In 2013 Oregon State has a much better team than Kansas State.
Hope things work out so we can see the Eagles and Bison play and showcase their conflicting styles.

Please explain?xrolleyesx

Twentysix
December 11th, 2013, 06:11 PM

Lol K-state finished ranked higher and with more wins.

dudeitsaid
December 11th, 2013, 06:21 PM
EWU is the bigger win because less people expected them to win..

Are you honestly saying a bunch of non-NDSU fans thought the Bison were going to beat K State??? Trust me, a big part of the PR blitz is because it shocked the football world. Both were "huge" upsets. Though the Bison are a great team, K State's 2012 season was still in mind, and aside from very few, it was quite a shock to see the Bison win that game.

thebootfitter
December 11th, 2013, 06:39 PM
Are you honestly saying a bunch of non-NDSU fans thought the Bison were going to beat K State??? Trust me, a big part of the PR blitz is because it shocked the football world. Both were "huge" upsets. Though the Bison are a great team, K State's 2012 season was still in mind, and aside from very few, it was quite a shock to see the Bison win that game.
Lou Holtz did for one. A handful of other sports analysts were picking the Bison to upset K-State. So, yes... if knowledgeable sports analysts thought the Bison would win, there were most certainly a good number non-NDSU fans who follow college football closely for which the Bison win was no surprise.

Gil Dobie
December 12th, 2013, 07:42 AM
EWU beat then #25 Oregon St 49-46, Kansas St beat current #25 Texas Tech, 49-26

dudeitsaid
December 12th, 2013, 01:04 PM
There is nothing to kid about, this win got Bohl the job at Wyoming.

Sorry, just trying not to hit a sore spot. That being said, I am sure there is much, much more involved than just that win, but it certainly helped. Their performance against the FBS in general and dominance of the FCS including two NC's I would think are the greatest factors. Seems that outstanding success at FCS often leads to a position in the FBS. Our former coach had good results and got a job at WSU. I'm waiting for the day Beau Baldwin makes an announcement. He's had even more success than Paul Wulff.