PDA

View Full Version : Wait a Second, UTM wasn't THAT bad

Reign of Terrier
August 30th, 2013, 01:03 AM
Okay, don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Chattown, but I will defend Chattanooga on account of the people who aren't Chattown and are Mocs fans are good people and been through a lot and I think when we make fun of Chatty's shortcomings we kind of rub their nose in it and I don't find that cool (just my opinion)

Anyway, UTM wasn't too bad last year so it should not have come as a surprise that they played Chattanooga well.

UTM was 8-3 last year, beat FBS Memphis, averaged 30 points a game and was 13 points away from being undefeated in the FCS (with a loss to BCS bound Northern Illinois)

This team is good, I dunno how much personnel they lost from last season, but I think it's safe to say that the best the OVC has to offer sometimes can run with the big boys.

Now, does that excuse Chatty's poor performance when they were supposed to be really really good this year (independent of Chattown predictions of course)? Nope.

But with that said, I think anyone doubting the Mocs is in for a disappointment if they think these are simply the Mocs of old.

I could very well be wrong, but it's the first game of the season; as much as I'd love Chatty to not be threatening, I won't see that as the case until Wofford beats them this year...(and the same can be said of most of Wofford's opponents in conference)

pike51
August 30th, 2013, 07:47 AM
I don't think anyone is rubbing anything in anyone BUT chattown's face. Quite frankly, if it wasn't for him, it wouldn't be an issue. He has single-handedly bought this upon the Mocs fan base.

No different than when everyone targeted Opie/LegalGASouthernEagle or whatever other names he has gone by over the years.

UCMoc
August 30th, 2013, 09:07 AM
He has single-handedly bought this upon the Mocs fan base.

I get that, but this clown is nothing more than a Vol fan who is looking for something else to troll about. He has ruined this board for us. I have stopped even trying to post a rational opinion about us on here because the expectation is that we are all irrational homers. My only hope about this game is that it shuts him down for the rest of the year.

PaladinFan
August 30th, 2013, 09:19 AM
I get that, but this clown is nothing more than a Vol fan who is looking for something else to troll about. He has ruined this board for us. I have stopped even trying to post a rational opinion about us on here because the expectation is that we are all irrational homers. My only hope about this game is that it shuts him down for the rest of the year.

Actually, I think it would be just the inverse. Folks would appreciate talking UTC football. Every fan base has a few bad apples.

I will say much of the handwringing with UTC comes, in part, because it is the offseason and folks are looking for something to talk about. Once the season gets into full swing, folks will back off.

TTUEagles
August 30th, 2013, 09:28 AM
UTM really lost a couple of key components to a good 8-3 team last year. Like a lot of teams, I think it was more of an unknown with key positions, namely QB. Someone asked me last night at the TTU game why TTU was picked so low, etc. It's simply that most who do the predictions don't know anything about the teams other than taking last year's record, looking at how many players they lost and going from there. As an example, TTU went 3-8 last year, therefore picked to finish next to last. No way in hell that happens. I think UTM along with 4 other schools could win the OVC this year.

UCMoc
August 30th, 2013, 09:36 AM
With their offense, once they had momentum, our defense just stayed gassed from being on the field constantly with very few opportunities to rotate in fresh players. They rotated two QB's in, but I honestly believe they would have won by more without playing the Favre kid. We actually had some success stopping him.

pike51
August 30th, 2013, 09:42 AM

But you are all irrational homers. We all are. ;)

You're absolutely right and every fan base has them. But this guy is on a completely different level and it's not fair to the rest of you because it keeps you from sharing/participating in decent conversations.

But I will say, after the summer we've put up with of his this year, last night was absolutely perfect. Sorry it had to be at the expense of the rest of the UTC fans.

813Jag
August 30th, 2013, 10:16 AM
But you are all irrational homers. We all are. ;)

You're absolutely right and every fan base has them. But this guy is on a completely different level and it's not fair to the rest of you because it keeps you from sharing/participating in decent conversations.

But I will say, after the summer we've put up with of his this year, last night was absolutely perfect. Sorry it had to be at the expense of the rest of the UTC fans.
It was the perfect storm, all his bragging/trolling led to the backlash/laughing.

Twentysix
August 30th, 2013, 10:17 AM

Just keep at it, this place used to be like that to NDSU. Now they can all smell my farts ;).

PaladinFan
August 30th, 2013, 10:25 AM
With their offense, once they had momentum, our defense just stayed gassed from being on the field constantly with very few opportunities to rotate in fresh players. They rotated two QB's in, but I honestly believe they would have won by more without playing the Favre kid. We actually had some success stopping him.

Biggest concern for UTC is the rushing yards, I think. Obviously, there are a few really good rushing teams in the SoCon. There are also three other teams (App, Furman, and Samford) that can really grind it out on the ground. UTC isn't going to play a lot of pass happy teams this season.

cannonballgsu
August 30th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Okay, don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Chattown, but I will defend Chattanooga on account of the people who aren't Chattown and are Mocs fans are good people and been through a lot and I think when we make fun of Chatty's shortcomings we kind of rub their nose in it and I don't find that cool (just my opinion)

Anyway, UTM wasn't too bad last year so it should not have come as a surprise that they played Chattanooga well.

UTM was 8-3 last year, beat FBS Memphis, averaged 30 points a game and was 13 points away from being undefeated in the FCS (with a loss to BCS bound Northern Illinois)

This team is good, I dunno how much personnel they lost from last season, but I think it's safe to say that the best the OVC has to offer sometimes can run with the big boys.

Now, does that excuse Chatty's poor performance when they were supposed to be really really good this year (independent of Chattown predictions of course)? Nope.

But with that said, I think anyone doubting the Mocs is in for a disappointment if they think these are simply the Mocs of old.

I could very well be wrong, but it's the first game of the season; as much as I'd love Chatty to not be threatening, I won't see that as the case until Wofford beats them this year...(and the same can be said of most of Wofford's opponents in conference)

UTM had 9 penalties for 105 yards, three turnovers, and still beat Chatty by 10.

UCMoc
August 30th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Biggest concern for UTC is the rushing yards, I think. Obviously, there are a few really good rushing teams in the SoCon. There are also three other teams (App, Furman, and Samford) that can really grind it out on the ground. UTC isn't going to play a lot of pass happy teams this season.

I completely agree. We had several holes in the defense last night due to injuries. Hopefully that accounts for some of the struggles stopping the run. Much of UTM's success running came late when the defense was already exhausted. Even though there are better running teams on the schedule, few if any will move at the same pace as UTM.

pike51
August 30th, 2013, 10:42 AM

I guess Georgia Southern, Wofford, and El Cid are running the air raid this season? :)

chattownmocs
August 30th, 2013, 10:45 AM

STFU. Where were you before the season? You are bigger B**** than these other fools. At least they were talking s*** beforehand.

Bisonator
August 30th, 2013, 10:47 AM
I guess Georgia Southern, Wofford, and El Cid are running the air raid this season? :)
I'm assuming that's who he meant when he said there are a few really good rushing teams.;)

UCMoc
August 30th, 2013, 10:56 AM
STFU. Where were you before the season? You are bigger B**** than these other fools. At least they were talking s*** beforehand.

I was busy being a donor and a season ticket holder and an alum, not a loudmouth message board troll.

chattownmocs
August 30th, 2013, 11:01 AM
I was busy being a donor and a season ticket holder and an alum, not a loudmouth message board troll.

Oh but you wait until after the game and then Im so irrational? Again, stfu. I don't care how much money you have put into a state school. Donors and alums and season ticket holders are part of why this program has been underachieving for 30 years. If you want to find some outrage, find it at the piss poor performance of the team and not me.

UCMoc
August 30th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Oh but you wait until after the game and then Im so irrational? Again, stfu. I don't care how much money you have put into a state school. Donors and alums and season ticket holders are part of why this program has been underachieving for 30 years. If you want to find some outrage, find it at the piss poor performance of the team and not me.

Go back to your mom's basement with your Jergens and rewatch the Tennessee national championship DVD.

eaglewraith
August 30th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Go back to your mom's basement with your Jergens and rewatch the Tennessee national championship DVD.

http://i.imgur.com/HZSsm.gif

chattownmocs
August 30th, 2013, 11:15 AM

Wow. Great put down. Great point too. Tennessee is in a similar city in east tennessee won a BCS national title, and you booster clowns have the nerve to put down Tennessee fans, or complain when fans leave early rather then sit through garbage. The fact that you are more worried about what I post rather than another crap start to what should have been a great year says it all.

UCMoc
August 30th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Wow. Great put down. Great point too. Tennessee whip is in a similar city in east tennessee won a BCS national title, and you booster clowns have the nerve to put down Tennessee fans, or complain when fans leave early rather then sit through garbage. The fact that you are more worried about what I post rather than another crap start to what should have been a great year says it all.

If I had been a clown like you, UTC would have stopped the run and run a more efficient offense. I wish I had known sooner. Thanks for clearing that up. I'm so ashamed.

Mr. C
August 30th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Wow. Great put down. Great point too. Tennessee is in a similar city in east tennessee won a BCS national title, and you booster clowns have the nerve to put down Tennessee fans, or complain when fans leave early rather then sit through garbage. The fact that you are more worried about what I post rather than another crap start to what should have been a great year says it all.
Throwing in the towel already: "Should have been a great season."

cannonballgsu
August 30th, 2013, 11:29 AM
http://borderofinsanity.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/meme-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

chattownmocs
August 30th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Throwing in the towel already: "Should have been a great season."

No, the season is not over. The performance, however, and it can't be erased. There is no way in hell Chattanooga should be losing to Martin. Until the booster alum idiots start looking at it as "Chattanooga" instead of UTC, they will never grasp how pathetic it is for Martin to roll in here and kick the hell out of us.

UCMoc
August 30th, 2013, 11:37 AM
booster alum idiots= actual fans, who actually care about the team and the university, who would prefer not to be represented by dimwitted Vol fans

Bison56
August 30th, 2013, 11:54 AM

xlolx Nice.

mountaineer in Cane Land
August 30th, 2013, 11:57 AM
UCMoc, give me your opinion on something I saw watching the game last night, you mention that the defense was "gassed" in the forth quarter, I thought I saw alot of players, by their body language basically giving up, even though they were only down 1 or 2 tds. I might be totally off base here, because I started watching in the forth, but I just didn't like the way the players were carrying themselves. Was it just the players were exhausted, or maybe some of them had just given up?

chattownmocs
August 30th, 2013, 12:01 PM
booster alum idiots= actual fans, who actually care about the team and the university, who would prefer not to be represented by dimwitted Vol fans

Yeah, "actual fans" You idiots should be desperate for Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama and whatever other fans are in this town. This program will never be anything without them.

pike51
August 30th, 2013, 12:03 PM

http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Dude-knocks-out-guy-cold.gif

UCMoc
August 30th, 2013, 12:05 PM
UCMoc, give me your opinion on something I saw watching the game last night, you mention that the defense was "gassed" in the forth quarter, I thought I saw alot of players, by their body language basically giving up, even though they were only down 1 or 2 tds. I might be totally off base here, because I started watching in the forth, but I just didn't like the way the players were carrying themselves. Was it just the players were exhausted, or maybe some of them had just given up?

They looked exhausted both on the sideline and on the field. Their heads were hung, but you could also see that many of them had their hands on their hips and were trying to get rest. There were several times where UTM kept them from subbing for three and four plays in a row and then targeted guys who were slow back to the line.

pike51
August 30th, 2013, 12:07 PM
They looked exhausted both on the sideline and on the field. Their heads were hung, but you could also see that many of them had their hands on their hips and were trying to get rest. There were several times where UTM kept them from subbing for three and four plays in a row and then targeted guys who were slow back to the line.

Don't feel too bad... Clowney was obviously gassed last night too. To be in the "best shape of his life", that guy needs some work.

UCMoc
August 30th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Yeah, "actual fans" You idiots should be desperate for Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama and whatever other fans are in this town. This program will never be anything without them.

Take your ball and go home son. You got your ass whipped. Thanks for playing.

longtimemocfan
August 30th, 2013, 12:13 PM

I'm with you on this topic. Chattown made it almost impossible to even show your face and get in a respectable opinion in on this board.

Ut-Martin handed it to us with a coach that applied for the job Huesman has now. Makes it even worse Jason Simpson was former coach Rodney Allison's first OC and his OC now (Carmen Felus) also coached under Allison.

Not saying this to make excuses,cause we got beat handily in this game. But for whatever reason, two of our best receivers, T. Robinson and Marlon Anthony never played a down. Our 2 starting safteys were both injured. Starting DE, not injured didn't play either. Great way to start the season.

In my opinion Huesman has a lot to make up for after this dismal performance and a short time to right the ship. We will see what kind of coach he his made of in the coming weeks.

813Jag
August 30th, 2013, 12:14 PM
http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Dude-knocks-out-guy-cold.gif
I have nothing to add, that gif is hypnotizing xlolx

Skyhawk71
August 30th, 2013, 12:33 PM
UTM was good the actual two times that an 8-3 FBS win & loss and 8-4 w/ FBS loss team didn't get invited to the playoffs, UTM was good in 2006 when the team won the OVC Championship, what we will find out this season is if UTM is actually good or if this was a fluke- what this game did was give UTM huge momentum in the head to head recruiting, which happens mostly in middle and east Tennessee, when they scheduled a 2 away- 1 home with Chattanooga it was strictly for this purpose. Fans at Martin have wanted this game since the program came out of the sewer in 2005, we finally got it, our coaches and kids rose to the occasion- as for Chattanooga fans they are a class act, everyone was cordial, and we had a great time tailgating with them, and I have nothing to say other than it was a great overall experience on our visit to the town, away from football, I hadn't been to downtown in years, they have really done great work with the area overall-

skyhawks84
August 30th, 2013, 12:33 PM
I was at last nights game and first off I would like to say that the game was VERY poorly officiated. I'm guessing that these were SOCON refs but wow I'll have to look at the tape but the one thing I know is coach Simpson was constantly having heated discussions with one or all of the refs and he doesn't usual let a bad call or two get him upset. Moving on I think UTM played well still don't like the two QB shuffle and I know it some point that's going to bite us in the butt. I think you're going to see a total different style this year on offense we're no longer going to be going down field with our passing game its going to be quick short passes and ground and pound all day long. The OVC has become a pass happy shootout league but with backs like Toure, McNeil, and Garland no team in the OVC has depth like that at RB. Trust me folks what you saw from Trent Garland last night is no fluke he does that everyday in practice and last night he got a chance in a game to show out and he did. I've never seen a back like him its like contact doesn't bother him at all. His feet never stop moving. I know we'll take it on the chin this week at Boise but the home opener against UCA a top 10 school should be an awesome game! Good luck all and that's my 2 cents worth.

longtimemocfan
August 30th, 2013, 12:35 PM

What are you talking about ? I was sitting in the stands and I was gassed Lol. For whatever reason it didn't seem to bother the UTM players as much, but after much of fall camp of low humidity and temps in the 80's, Game time comes around and it's right at 90 with humidity levels a seasonal high. Samething was occuring in the N.Car. vs S.Car game. Some analyst was accusing Clowney of taking plays off. I'd say he was more tired than anything.

Skyhawk71
August 30th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Wow, now there are three Skyhawks on here, we are moving up- lookout NDSU- here we come......

UCMoc
August 30th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Wow, now there are three Skyhawks on here, we are moving up- lookout NDSU- here we come......

You guys had a good group of fans down for a Thursday night game. As a fan who does several road games a year, it's good to see y'all show up in force.

Skyhawk71
August 30th, 2013, 12:52 PM
You guys had a good group of fans down for a Thursday night game. As a fan who does several road games a year, it's good to see y'all show up in force.

I thought so, I hate!!!! Thursday night away games, but separate from the win, I think all of our fans had a great time on the trip, good luck to the Mocs this season

Smitty
August 30th, 2013, 01:03 PM
I'm with you on this topic. Chattown made it almost impossible to even show your face and get in a respectable opinion in on this board.

Considering there isn't a chattown in your name, I don't think you have to worry much.

bojeta
August 30th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Yes! Please bring some sensible UTC posts to the forum. Great program that deserves some serious discussion.

Actually, I think it would be just the inverse. Folks would appreciate talking UTC football. Every fan base has a few bad apples.

I will say much of the handwringing with UTC comes, in part, because it is the offseason and folks are looking for something to talk about. Once the season gets into full swing, folks will back off.

SUPharmacist
August 30th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Here I thought chattown was a big donor with all his payday loan money. But, I guess he is right that teams are worse off with boosters and donors. Once people like UCMoc try to look at things objectively and donate money, a program goes straight to the scrap heap.

/sarcasm

asumike83
August 30th, 2013, 01:50 PM
I don't care how much money you have put into a state school. Donors and alums and season ticket holders are part of why this program has been underachieving for 30 years. If you want to find some outrage, find it at the piss poor performance of the team and not me.

People who donate money and buy season tickets aren't the problem. People who watch from home and criticize while contributing nothing are.

texcap
August 30th, 2013, 02:14 PM

The problem with Chatttown is that he can't distinguish between fact and opinion. When people show him cold, hard facts, he calls those opinions; and when he voices his opinions, he calls those facts.

pike51
August 30th, 2013, 02:29 PM
The problem with Chatttown is that he can't distinguish between fact and opinion. When people show him cold, hard facts, he calls those opinions; and when he voices his opinions, he calls those facts.

That's just your opinion. :)

pike51
August 30th, 2013, 02:30 PM
People who donate money and buy season tickets aren't the problem. People who watch from the UT pep-rally and criticize while wearing a new UT smoke jersey are.

FIFY

chattownmocs
August 30th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Take your ball and go home son. You got your ass whipped. Thanks for playing.

By who exactly? Surely you don't thinks a "mommas basement" joke won anything. You are a jackass. Plain and simple. I bet you would rather draw 2000 than have any "sidewalk" fans at the games wouldn't you? You might just get your wish. Grow a set. Or better yet just run along like the little b***** that you are and let someone with some actual goals for this program speak for it.

citdog
August 30th, 2013, 03:28 PM
By who exactly? Surely you don't thinks a "mommas basement" joke won anything. You are a jackass. Plain and simple. I bet you would rather draw 2000 than have any "sidewalk" fans at the games wouldn't you? You might just get your wish. Grow a set. Or better yet just run along like the little b***** that you are and let someone with some actual goals for this program speak for it.

and the Chattanooga Mocs fanbase begins eating itself!

chattanoogamocs
August 30th, 2013, 05:20 PM
and the Chattanooga Mocs fanbase begins eating itself!

The Chattanooga fan base isn't eating itself...it's all the other Chattanooga fans that have had to listen to Chattowns ********* on here for 3 years and are sick of it making us all look bad.

I am so tired of this jackhole that I rarely even come on here any more, and I have been a proud member of AGS for over a decade (I guess that makes me the "original" Moc fan on here).

And if before any want to judge my pedigree versus Chattown...

I am a:
UTC Alum
Former UTC student athlete (cross country/track)
UTC season ticket holder
Former Homecoming Committee Member
Almuni Board Member
Hall of Fame Board Member
and I work for MocsVision for football, (m/w) basketball
and I am a fundraiser/administrator for a scholarship through the athletics department)
Oh, and I founded Mocfans.com 11 years ago.

chattanoogamocs
August 30th, 2013, 05:36 PM
And back to the original subject.

No, UTM was not bad at all. Intelligent football fans knew this would be a tough game versus a legitimate opponent...not to mention the extra motivation Jason Simpson had to beat his former team that passed him over for head coach in favor of Russ Huesman.

Also, I think UTM has a little bit of a chip on their shoulder when it comes to Chattanooga. UTM is a small town school that was formerly a juco when they joined the UT system. To their administration, it was an upgrade to be associated with Tennessee. It was the exact opposite for Chattanooga which had existed for 80 years as a private school on par with Vanderbilt academically. To most Chattanooga fans, joining the UT System has always been a step down. I think because of that, many UTM fans think (correctly or not), think that UTC looks down on them.

To give you and idea of the difference in attitude with UT-Martin and Chattanooga, this quote is pretty telling...

“This community embraces being a part of the University of Tennessee system tremendously,” said UT-Martin coach Jason Simpson, a former assistant head coach and offensive coordinator at Chattanooga. “They embrace the kinship." UT-Martin’s sports teams used to officially be called the Baby Vols. http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2010/sep/04/vols-wary-utm-shocker/

Chattanooga does everything it can to distance itself from Tennessee. We consider the UT System as a yoke around the neck.

Hats off to Martin though, they came in and slugged Chattanooga in the mouth. They were clearly the better prepared team.

blueballs
August 30th, 2013, 05:38 PM
The Chattanooga fan base isn't eating itself...it's all the other Chattanooga fans that have had to listen to Chattowns ********* on here for 3 years and are sick of it making us all look bad.

I am so tired of this jackhole that I rarely even come on here any more, and I have been a proud member of AGS for over a decade (I guess that makes me the "original" Moc fan on here).

And if before any want to judge my pedigree versus Chattown...

I am a:
UTC Alum
Former UTC student athlete (cross country/track)
UTC season ticket holder
Former Homecoming Committee Member
Almuni Board Member
Hall of Fame Board Member
and I work for MocsVision for football, (m/w) basketball
and I am a fundraiser/administrator for a scholarship through the athletics department)
Oh, and I founded Mocfans.com 11 years ago.

Game, set, match.... kinda' beats "I just lost my job because my boss' usurious loan shark operation was shut down by regulators."

seantaylor
August 31st, 2013, 01:53 AM
Game, set, match.... kinda' beats "I just lost my job because my boss' usurious loan shark operation was shut down by regulators."

That is that proper ether.

Skyhawk71
August 31st, 2013, 09:41 AM
ChattanoogaMocs: I think you nailed it, our fans where almost shocked when your fans where tailgating with us, we definitely expected an air of arrogance that didn't really seem to exist, while there was kidding around about Martin and what not with people from the two schools that knew each other, it was all in fun. I think some of your fans didn't understand the passion with which our fans cheered during the game as well, so they where oblivious to the huge "chip" on the shoulder of the Martin team and the Martin Faithful. Also do know that if you read the article there are more Vol fans in Martin, and in fact in the administration, other than the few who really give their all for Tennessee-Martin; they are all there working hard to get back to Knoxville. But do know that the majority of True Skyhawks are envious of how UTC handles Knoxville, and how you stand up to them, UTM has never been in an economic position to do this, they even forced us to change our colors and logo, and oh by the way pick up the tab in 2007- thus as you noticed, the exact knock offs of the Auburn uniform. What is said here will offend the pro-Knoxville crew in Martin, who have all made their way up on rocky top today, but it is in fact the actual truth.

chattanoogamocs
August 31st, 2013, 05:15 PM
ChattanoogaMocs: I think you nailed it, our fans where almost shocked when your fans where tailgating with us, we definitely expected an air of arrogance that didn't really seem to exist, while there was kidding around about Martin and what not with people from the two schools that knew each other, it was all in fun. I think some of your fans didn't understand the passion with which our fans cheered during the game as well, so they where oblivious to the huge "chip" on the shoulder of the Martin team and the Martin Faithful. Also do know that if you read the article there are more Vol fans in Martin, and in fact in the administration, other than the few who really give their all for Tennessee-Martin; they are all there working hard to get back to Knoxville. But do know that the majority of True Skyhawks are envious of how UTC handles Knoxville, and how you stand up to them, UTM has never been in an economic position to do this, they even forced us to change our colors and logo, and oh by the way pick up the tab in 2007- thus as you noticed, the exact knock offs of the Auburn uniform. What is said here will offend the pro-Knoxville crew in Martin, who have all made their way up on rocky top today, but it is in fact the actual truth.

I am glad to know that there are those who want to stand up for the own identity at Martin...that want to put their team and their school first. All the kowtowing to Knoxville makes me wanna puke!

It is funny how anti-UTK Chattanooga is...our last Chancellor (who is absolutely beloved here) is Roger Brown...a UTK grad...he talked about how leery people were of him here originally because he graduated from UTK, he also thought the in-house fighting between UTC and UTK was overblown...but after 6 months he told me "I get it now"...all the UT System cares about is Knoxville, everyone else is on their own. Chattanooga is very fortunate to have had a $100 million plus endowment in place from the private school years that Knoxville can't touch.

For those who don't realize how much in-fighting there is between Chattanooga and Knoxville (which as the 3rd and 4th largest cities in Tennessee also have a city rivalry, just like Nashville/Memphis), check out the logos for the three schools...

http://www.utc.edu/ (small Tennessee large Chattanooga in the logo, all blue and gold)
http://www.utk.edu/ (big Tennessee small Knoxville, orange)
http://www.utm.edu/ (big Tennessee small Martin, orange)

Chattanooga argued for months with the UT System to not put any orange on the website.

I remember when they sent out the little UT system lapel pins, they were all orange...UTC administrators refused to wear them and had blue one's made just for Chattanooga.

As for the rivalry between Chattanooga and Martin, I think it is hard to not respect each other...simply for the fact that so many of our old coaches are at your school and a number of our younger coaches played at Martin.

I like the color orange you guys wear (almost red). The uniforms look sharp...and I dig the Skyhawks logo...and I am happy to see the UTM athletics program is on the upswing.

Skjellyfetti
August 31st, 2013, 05:24 PM
I do feel very bad for the rational UTC posters. The reaction to UTC's loss wasn't because of UTM's perceived weakness, but Chattown's obnoxiousness. It's not a terrible loss. But, it does leave them wih little wiggle room to make the playoffs... And it's only August.