PDA

View Full Version : UPSET ALERT: Towson over UCONN, middle of the 4th.

Dane96
August 29th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Towson is up 19-10 over UCONN with 7 minutes to go!

Towson picks up a huge 4th down on a 45-yard strike. Towson has missed two PAT's.

Gater
August 29th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Come on Towson!

Dane96
August 29th, 2013, 09:13 PM
4th and 1...TOWSON TOUCHDOWN!!!!

Towson up 26-10 with 5 minutes to go.

marenlee
August 29th, 2013, 09:19 PM
Not too surprised if they finish this off. Circled this as the most likely upset. But definitely am surprised about the margin of victory it's turning out to be.

VUCats02
Great win for Towson and the CAA!

TheDHC
Cmon Towson.. I want to believe.

ecasadoSBU
extremely disappointed with Connecticut (My second team). Been watching the entire game. Huskies are not showing any energy, excitement, or much talent (relative to a BCS conference team) whatsoever. No wonder the fans are so pissed with the direction of the program. Definitely doesn't help the future of Connecticut as a football program in the outlier AAC conference.

With that said, I'm glad that at least it is Towson pulling such upset and not another FCS team. Towson is our new conference mate (for the Brook and Albany) and its exciting to see the level of talent that the CAA has. I'm amazed and It makes me even happier to have our schools as part of the CAA. Lets go Colonial!

Looking forward to the Towson @ Stony Brook matchup. Lets go!

clenz
August 29th, 2013, 09:21 PM
UCONN is no longer a BCS team. They are in the American Athletic - the new CUSA/Old Big East hybrid.

Dane96
August 29th, 2013, 09:23 PM
UCONN with a TD and the 2-pt Conversion. 3:29 left...all their timeouts left. UCONN still alive.

26-18, Towson.

ecasadoSBU
August 29th, 2013, 09:24 PM
UCONN is no longer a BCS team. They are in the American Athletic - the new CUSA/Old Big East hybrid.

That is after next year, the American Athletic is still a BCS conference (it has a berth to the Bowl Championship Series). Next year the College football playoff will take over and the AAC will have to compete with the other non-power 5 conference for a Bowl spot

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 29th, 2013, 09:24 PM

Which still has a bcs bid....

JSUBison
August 29th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Hope Towson doesn't Poly themselves with those two missed XP's.

bonarae
August 29th, 2013, 09:28 PM
UConn now extinguishing timeouts... it's not even the 2 minute warning yet.

Dane96
August 29th, 2013, 09:28 PM
UCONN getting ball back...unless Ambrose has a "sack" like no other.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 29th, 2013, 09:29 PM
PP officially on the hot seat. The Huskies are really bad....

ecasadoSBU
August 29th, 2013, 09:29 PM
UCONN fumbles. game over. WHAT THE F

Dane96
August 29th, 2013, 09:30 PM
UCONN fumbles the punt...True Frosh.

Towson recovers. Game, Set, Match.

That kid better not be blamed for that loss....

ecasadoSBU
August 29th, 2013, 09:31 PM
UCONN fumbles the punt...True Frosh.

Towson recovers. Game, Set, Match.

That kid better not be blamed for that loss....

No way. That would be unfair. The entire team has played terrible all game long.

devin45k
August 29th, 2013, 09:34 PM
Come on Towson! I had a feeling you would pull an "upset"

ecasadoSBU
August 29th, 2013, 09:35 PM
UCONN falls to 0-2 all time against Towson. Great victory for our CAA fellows. I'm so excited for CAA football. This has been a great preview of what I will see throughout the season.

Manhandled the Huskies tonight

bonarae
August 29th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Towson will upset. Definitely.

33-18 :16 4th

devin45k
August 29th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Congrats to the Towson team and fans

RichH2
August 29th, 2013, 09:38 PM
Great win for Towson. Congrats.

EmeryZach
August 29th, 2013, 09:43 PM
Congrats to Towson, and former UMass Minutemen Ryan Delaire and Brian Dowling.

Wish those two had played this well last year when UConn killed UMass.

Huge win for Towson.

TSU86
August 29th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Great win !!!!
Our O really didn't set the world on fire. Solid game by the D.

Proud Tiger grad and dad !!!!

bobcathpdevil56
August 29th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Congrats Towson. Good work

citdog
August 29th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Great win for Towson! Way to whip those yankees!

UIWWildthing
August 29th, 2013, 10:14 PM
Needless to say I'm thrilled! Huge huge win for the Tigers tonight!

Twentysix
August 29th, 2013, 10:15 PM
Good Job towson. Securing a playoff spot early is key ;). Win 6 more and I'm sure you are in.

crusader11
August 29th, 2013, 10:26 PM
Won't lie, I'm nervous for next weekend. UConn didn't seem to have much of a passing game, and that's a big part of what Holy Cross does, so I can only hope we have some success through the air. Trying to hang in the trenches with Towson seems like a losing proposition.

Great win tonight, Towson. Really enjoyed that beating you put on UConn. Terrance West is one tough SOB. Boy can he run.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 29th, 2013, 10:42 PM
I gave Towson a legit chance and they came through. The AAC could be facing a rough opening weekend. USF vs McNeese St scares me.

DoubleH
August 29th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Big win, first of many this year. This is the best Towson team in a long time.

Mountaineer
August 29th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Congrats Tigers! xthumbsupx

SpeedkingATL
August 29th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Sweet win Towson. First FBS pelt of the season is yours.

BlueHenSinfonian
August 29th, 2013, 10:49 PM
Congrats to Towson, you've come a long, long, long way.

dewey
August 29th, 2013, 11:14 PM
Congratulations to Towson!

Dewey

citdog
August 29th, 2013, 11:24 PM
Congrats to Towson, you've come a long, long, long way.

http://www.datejesus.com/youve-come-a-long-way-baby.jpg

You were SO close to ACTUALLY making a COOL post. Then you went and blew it.

Laker
August 29th, 2013, 11:45 PM
Way to go Tigers!

Catbooster
August 30th, 2013, 01:18 AM
Congratulations Towson

Mr. C
August 30th, 2013, 01:22 AM
Congrats Tigers! xthumbsupx
What's up with that avatar. Wasn't sure if I was looking at Yosef, or a Moon pie with a face on it.

Everybody is a Tiger fan tonight.

Mr. C
August 30th, 2013, 01:23 AM
After traveling with the Towson team for the LSU game last season, this one doesn't surprise me. Only wish that I had been along for the trip tonight.

Ex Pat
August 30th, 2013, 02:23 AM
Nice win! I look forward to another fcs W in manhattan KS tomorrow!

Mr. C
August 30th, 2013, 04:02 AM
Just watched the replay of the Towson-UConn game. Not only did the Tigers win, they dominated the Huskies. Ran the ball down UConn's throat and totally throttled the Husky running game. Makes me wonder again how this team didn't get into the playoffs last fall? Huge mistake by the committee and it seems like Towson is on a mission to prove itself this season.

WrenFGun
August 30th, 2013, 06:54 AM
Just watched the replay of the Towson-UConn game. Not only did the Tigers win, they dominated the Huskies. Ran the ball down UConn's throat and totally throttled the Husky running game. Makes me wonder again how this team didn't get into the playoffs last fall? Huge mistake by the committee and it seems like Towson is on a mission to prove itself this season.

I caught most of the third quarter and some of the fourth ... or basically one Towson drive. Clearly the better team. Be very surprised if Towson doesn't make a ton of noise this year.

Their drives are so demoralizing. They have very few negative plays and they eat so much time. They remind me of the Chris Whitney led 'Nova Wildcats. Athens is not Whitney size-wise, but they run a very similar style.

caribbeanhen
August 30th, 2013, 07:25 AM
great job towson...... should be a great match up with the Delaware front 4 vs your running game......

Buzz
August 30th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Congrats to Towson, and former UMass Minutemen Ryan Delaire and Brian Dowling.

Wish those two had played this well last year when UConn killed UMass.

Huge win for Towson.

Perhaps if he played them they would have! Big Loss for Umass with those two!

Bisonator
August 30th, 2013, 07:56 AM
I picked Towson! Way to go boys! xnodx

DoubleH
August 30th, 2013, 08:58 AM

Indeed, team slogan this year is "Leave No Doubt". We'll be around come playoff time, you can take that to the bank.

Laker
August 30th, 2013, 09:00 AM
I'm happy for the Tigers. How long into the season will Paul Pasqualoni last at UConn?

Anovafan
August 30th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Great win. I had doubts about Towson losing Enders. I thought he was really the difference maker for them last year, but if they run the ball like that nobody will be able to stop them this year. They just might go undefeated. So dominating.

Was it just me, or did Keeler and Piccozzi go out of their way to mention all the transfers for Towson? It struck me as rather funny given Keeler's love for them.

UIWWildthing
August 30th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Great win. I had doubts about Towson losing Enders. I thought he was really the difference maker for them last year, but if they run the ball like that nobody will be able to stop them this year. They just might go undefeated. So dominating.

Was it just me, or did Keeler and Piccozzi go out of their way to mention all the transfers for Towson? It struck me as rather funny given Keeler's love for them.
They seemed to go out of their way to complement Towson through the game it seemed. I was mildly surprised by that.

cpalum
August 30th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Hope Towson doesn't Poly themselves with those two missed XP's.

Awesome...:)

andy7171
August 30th, 2013, 09:12 AM
LEAVE NO DOUBT!

Anovafan
August 30th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Well they are both FCS guys so I'm sure they were pulling for the upset (not really an upset if you watched the game-I think Towson wins 9 times out of 10). Piccozzi has done a lot of Nova games on local Comcast here in Philly. He knows the brand of football.

cpalum
August 30th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Congrats!

bluehenbillk
August 30th, 2013, 09:53 AM
This is like the dream month for Andy & Towson State. First he plays an undetermined role in a cheerleading hazing scandal, now they upset UConn. Congrats Andy we're all living vicariously through you!!

Lehigh Football Nation
August 30th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Congrats to Towson! Big achievement! They deserve praise for manhandling the Huskies.

Having said that....

UConn is epically bad. How do you fumble that punt? Or give up that final TD?

andy7171
August 30th, 2013, 10:25 AM
This is like the dream month for Andy & Towson State. First he plays an undetermined role in a cheerleading hazing scandal, now they upset UConn. Congrats Andy we're all living vicariously through you!!
You can't prove I did anything in the hazing scandal!

Bossanova
August 30th, 2013, 10:30 AM
That Nova- Towson game on Oct. 12 at 7PM on NBC Sports network nationally should be a good showcase for CAA and 1AA.

bluehenbillk
August 30th, 2013, 11:24 AM
You can't prove I did anything in the hazing scandal!

Hold on! The last response I expected from you on that was a denial!!

andy7171
August 30th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Hold on! The last response I expected from you on that was a denial!!

I didn't deny anything, I just said you can't prove it. I'm a dance team guy anyway. :)

DFW HOYA
August 30th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Congrats to Towson! Big achievement! They deserve praise for manhandling the Huskies.
Having said that....UConn is epically bad. How do you fumble that punt? Or give up that final TD?

Some stange times in Storrs. In 2011, the Huskies are in the Fiesta Bowl and three months later, Kemba Walker wills the basketball team to five straight wins in the Big East, six more in the NCAAs, and the NCAA title.

Fast forward to 2013: Gone is Randy Edsall. As is Jim Calhoun. The 2013 Huskies become ineligible for NCAA tournamnent, UConn is left behind by the ACC, univited to the Big East and marooned in C-USA 2.0, and opens with a home loss to Towson. Next up, Maryland and Michigan.

UMass922
August 30th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Way to go Towson! :D xbowx

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 30th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Some stange times in Storrs. In 2011, the Huskies are in the Fiesta Bowl and three months later, Kemba Walker wills the basketball team to five straight wins in the Big East, six more in the NCAAs, and the NCAA title.

Fast forward to 2013: Gone is Randy Edsall. As is Jim Calhoun. The 2013 Huskies become ineligible for NCAA tournamnent, UConn is left behind by the ACC, univited to the Big East and marooned in C-USA 2.0, and opens with a home loss to Towson. Next up, Maryland and Michigan.

Football simply isn't that big of a deal in Storrs. As long as the hoops team remains among the nations elite all will be well. The AAC has recruited VERY well in hoops....

Lehigh Football Nation
August 30th, 2013, 12:32 PM

In complete seriousness - not to take away from Towson - the home team in Storrs won't win any games this season if that's what they bring to the table every week. If you have only 4 drives over 6 plays, and no big plays to score TDs, you're not going to win against anyone you play. And that's before the punt fumble and simply giving up on defense on the last rushing TD by West.

The only thing is they have a really soft schedule for FBS so might get some wins by default over, say, Maryland, USF, maybe Memphis.

Mattymc727
August 30th, 2013, 12:37 PM
I picked Towson to be in the title game in Clenz pick em game. I thought Towson was the best team UNH played all of last year, and after watching a tiny bit of the game last night, it should continue. Congrats on the victory, beating an FBS team is always cool, even if they suck.

Another remarkable thing is the Towson turnaround. I remember thinking Towson was one of the worst teams UNH played in 2010. Look at them now, pretty impressive.

MplsBison
August 30th, 2013, 01:30 PM

Unless the AAC would let UConn play football only in the conference (I doubt it), then there's no way UConn would have gone to the Big East.

It'll be interesting to see which of those two will do better in hoops over the next five seasons. (excluding Rutgers and Louisville for 13-14)

MplsBison
August 30th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Nice win by Towson!

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 30th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Unless the AAC would let UConn play football only in the conference (I doubt it), then there's no way UConn would have gone to the Big East.

It'll be interesting to see which of those two will do better in hoops over the next five seasons. (excluding Rutgers and Louisville for 13-14)

The AAC teams have more resources and better facilities in general. The BE has more depth in terms of brand recognition.

As I said months ago, Rentschler would make a great MLS stadium....

aceinthehole
August 30th, 2013, 01:36 PM

Yes. It brings a little joy to this fan watching the big bully in Storrs drop a peg or two.

bojeta
August 30th, 2013, 01:38 PM
I'm surprised more people didn't see this one coming. UConn was bad last year, and looked to be worse this year. Towson was strong last year, and..... Am I the only one who picked Towson over UConn in the Clenz challenge?

Bisonator
August 30th, 2013, 02:16 PM
I'm surprised more people didn't see this one coming. UConn was bad last year, and looked to be worse this year. Towson was strong last year, and..... Am I the only one who picked Towson over UConn in the Clenz challenge?

No your not.

bojeta
August 30th, 2013, 02:22 PM
No your not.

Ya, I saw yours after I posted that. Good pick!!:D

UNH72Plus
August 30th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Great win Tigers. Can't say I'm looking forward to my Wildcats playing down there, particularly the way West ate our lunch last year and how he started out last night!