PDA

View Full Version : SHSU @ Missouri St - Game Thread

TexasTerror
September 17th, 2006, 07:49 PM
A thread for all the information, who, what, when, where and why of the SHSU Bearkats game this coming Saturday against the Missouri State Bears from all sides, considering we have a good deal of Missouri St faithful on this board...

This is the second meeting between the two squads in three years. The two teams were scheduled to play last year in a regionally televised broadcast but it was washed out when Hurricane Rita impacted the community. SHSU became a Red Cross shelter and instead of a clash between the Kats and the Bears, the national guard was housed at Bowers Stadium and played a football game of their own.

For Missouri St, they are playing their second SLC foe in a row, after playing soon to be SLC member, Central Arkansas in Conway this past weekend. The Bears lost to the Bears from UCA in a close game that saw a record crowd at UCA's Estes Stadium. SHSU is coming in fresh off a loss at I-A Southern Methodist.

Several questions come to mind with this game from the SHSU side...

1) Who will start for the Kats at QB? Well, Todd Whitten stated in the post-game interview that he'll go with his third quarterback in three games as Brett Hicks will take the snaps.

2) Will the Kats look to establish the running game early? They did a good job against Div II Arkansas-Monticello when they brought into play the running game and late in the game, the running game was finally established against SMU. Seems critical to have the running game operating to keep the defense off the field.

3) What will we see from the special teams? A missed field goal, a blocked punt, a 15.4 yard kickoff return average, two kickers splitting kickoff duties and an injury to a Kats' return man, Derrick Harris, have the Kats wondering about their special teams after the SMU game. A solid special teams effort will be needed to have a chance to win on the road in Springfield.
---------
Sam Houston State Bearkats vs Missouri State Bears
6 pm, Saturday, September 23rd
Plaster Field - Springfield, MO

Audio:
Missouri St: http://winnovatestream1.com/ktxr-fm.asx
SHSU: http://www.tsrnsports.com/Broadcast/...am-Houston.htm

Game Release (when made available):
Missouri St: Not yet available
SHSU: http://bearkats.shsu.edu/pdf/fbrelease.pdf

Weekly Teleconference (when made available):
Southland: http://southland.cstv.com/sports/m-f...onference.html

Team Sites:
Missouri St: http://www.missouristatebears.com/13950.htm
SHSU: http://bearkats.shsu.edu/football

Fan Boards:
Gateway/Missouri Valley: http://www.valleytalk.net/
Missouri St: http://www.letsgobears.com/
SHSU: http://www.katfans.com

TxSt02
September 17th, 2006, 07:51 PM
If your AD didnt sit on his hands the game last year would have been played...

TexasTerror
September 17th, 2006, 08:03 PM
If your AD didnt sit on his hands the game last year would have been played...

Not true...the AD tried moving the game to Arlington...

Remember, we weren't Texas St-San Marcos and have a rather short drive to College Station...

If the game was played on Thursday, Missouri St would have to miss a day of school at the last minute because of travel. Not fair to the student-athletes. The game had to be played on Saturday....not like the 'Cats who could make a same day there and back trip...

Game had to be on Saturday and who knew what the situation would be for Missouri St trying to fly in and/or out of Houston considering Houston was looking at a dead on hit for awhile...

You have to think realistically, but then again, I must recall the ridicullous post(s) on BobcatFans.com a few weeks ago. You guys were the ones that told me that I should've evacuated the New Orleans area a day before I did (1 PM Saturday) when no one in New Orleans knew that storm was coming til the wee hours of Saturday morning. The folks in San Marcos apparently have the best weather radar in the country...

Nyghtewynd
September 17th, 2006, 08:47 PM
I can't imagine that the Bears will stay within thirty. I'll be there tailgating, though. Glutton for punishment. :P

beerkat
September 17th, 2006, 10:11 PM
I can't imagine that the Bearkats will actually score 30

MSUBear42
September 18th, 2006, 12:45 AM
I heard the only reason we didn't play in Dalls or Houston or Arlington last year was because we could not find a single charter bus in the entire states of Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and even Texas thanks to the hurricanes.

Should be a fun game though, will SHSU still travel a good group of fans??

TexasTerror
September 18th, 2006, 07:20 AM
I heard the only reason we didn't play in Dalls or Houston or Arlington last year was because we could not find a single charter bus in the entire states of Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and even Texas thanks to the hurricanes.

That's called a great job by Mayor Bill White of Houston and Governor Rick Perry in getting people moving! It would've been a pain in the tailend for Missouri St to get in and out of Texas as is as well as ensuring the safety of all the fans and team members who would've had to go somewhere after the storm. Power issues were going on in Huntsville for a week or few after the storm...gassing up in Huntsville was also problematic too. There was hardly any gas...

TexasTerror
September 18th, 2006, 07:50 AM
SHSU Amongst NCAA Leaders (Top 15 only)
4th - Passing Offense (269 ypg)

SHSU Individuals Amongst NCAA Leaders (Top 15 only)
12th - Receptions Per Game, Blake Martin (6.0 rpg)

SHSU Amongst SLC Leaders (Top 2 only)
1st - Passing Offense (269 ypg)
1st - Passing Efficiency (127.41)
1st - Total Offense (466.33 ypg)
1st - Kickoff Returns (21.33 ypr)
2nd - Scoring Offense (27.50 ppg)
2nd - Total Defense (290.5 ypg)
2nd - Scoring Defense (24.00 ppg)
2nd - Punt Returns (12.5 ypr)
2nd - Pass Defense (150.5 ypg)
2nd - Turnover Margin (+1)

SHSU Individuals Amongst SLC Leaders (Top 3 Only)
1st - Receptions Per Game, Blake Martin (6.0 rpg)
1st - Scoring Per Game, Michael Malone (9.0 ppg)
2nd- Receptions Per Game, Andrew Audelin (5.0 rpg)
2nd - Recieving Yards Per Game, Michael Malone (66.0 ypg)
3rd - Kickoff Return Avg, Derrick Harris (26.33 ypr)
3rd - Recieving Yard Per Game, Blame Martin (63.0 ypg)
3rd - Receptions Per Game, Michael Malone (4.5 rpg)
3rd - Interceptions Per Game, Hendrix Otalor (.5 ipg)

TexasTerror
September 19th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Thanks to MSUBear42 for providing this link...

MSU has questions to answer

Bears offense gains only 96 yards, no touchdowns in Saturday's loss.

Lyndal Scranton
News-Leader

Justin Williamson and his three fellow seniors on the Missouri State offensive line have a lot of pride. Which made Saturday night's 16-14 loss at Central Arkansas a real eye-opener.

There's no way to spin it. The offensive line had a miserable night, surrendering six sacks as the offense produced a measley 96 yards and no touchdowns.

Coldwell Banker Vanguard Realtors
While coaches and teammates said there was plenty of blame to go around, Williamson knows it's not the stuff expected from a line projected to be the team's strength.

"We had only given up one sack in two games and we give up (six)," Williamson said. "Hats off to our defense. It would have been a blowout if not for them.

http://www.news-leader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060918/SPORTS0401/609180352/1052

BEAR
September 19th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Yeah, it wasn't because UCA wasn't any good on defense...it was just that Missouri State sucked on offense...... :thumbsup: xcoffeex

Purple Pride
September 19th, 2006, 01:53 PM
Thanks to MSUBear42 for providing this link...

MSU has questions to answer

Bears offense gains only 96 yards, no touchdowns in Saturday's loss.

Lyndal Scranton
News-Leader

Justin Williamson and his three fellow seniors on the Missouri State offensive line have a lot of pride. Which made Saturday night's 16-14 loss at Central Arkansas a real eye-opener.

There's no way to spin it. The offensive line had a miserable night, surrendering six sacks as the offense produced a measley 96 yards and no touchdowns.

Coldwell Banker Vanguard Realtors
While coaches and teammates said there was plenty of blame to go around, Williamson knows it's not the stuff expected from a line projected to be the team's strength.

"We had only given up one sack in two games and we give up (six)," Williamson said. "Hats off to our defense. It would have been a blowout if not for them.

http://www.news-leader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060918/SPORTS0401/609180352/1052

QB's eyes say it all.:thumbsup:

http://focus.arkansasonline.com/images/photos/100035/2006/09/16/gallery/1433761.jpg

MSULB#47
September 19th, 2006, 05:50 PM
difficult to win the close one's on someone elses turf. MSU Defense gave it a good try.

As a result of their play in that game MSU players WR/KR Eric Davis and LB Jeron Poole made Gateway Conference Players of the Week.

http://www.mvc-sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=39013&SPID=2899&DB_OEM_ID=7600&ATCLID=609745

blackfordpu
September 19th, 2006, 07:04 PM
I can't imagine that the Bearkats will actually score 30

After our pathetic showing last weekend I completly agree. The offense needs to get the running game going early. We showed that we can run against SMU but it came too late.

TW will need to pull his head WAY out of his ass for this one!

TexasTerror
September 20th, 2006, 08:13 AM
Matt D's prediction...

Sam Houston State (1-1) at Missouri State (1-2), 8:00

Sam Houston State made headlines when former Oklahoma quarterback Rhett Bomar transferred before the season. The only problem is that Bomar is not on the field in Huntsville yet, and the usually prolific offense has a question mark at quarterback. Opening day starter Wade Pate missed last week’s game against SMU and is out of action, and Phillip Daugherty’s two interceptions made head coach Todd Whitten call on Brett Hicks. While an uncertain quarterback situation could plague the offense, the defense is trying to recover from giving up 443 yards and 35 first-half points in a 45-14 loss at SMU. The unit struggled against the run last year, and appears to have work to do to shut down good running attacks. Then again, early evidence indicates that Missouri State does not have much of an offense, either. The Bears were held to 21 rushing yards and 96 yards of total offense in a 16-14 loss at Central Arkansas, and have questions at quarterback as well with Matt Krapfl leading the way. While neither team looks like it’s ready to light up the scoreboard, the Missouri State defense has a better track record and performed well against Central Arkansas last week. Sam Houston State will match up much better than it did at SMU, but the Bearkats still have progress to make and winning at a Gateway opponent will be difficult right now. I’ll go with the home team in a close one. Prediction: Missouri State 24, Sam Houston State 20

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=/cfoot2/news/AGN4041228.htm

TexasTerror
September 20th, 2006, 08:28 AM
The Bears are getting their starting tight end back after he underwent meniscus surgery. I'm surprised he bounced back that quick. Seemed to take me awhile to do the same when I had that surgery...

Best of luck to him...

Bears' Hall will return for Sam Houston
The tight end is nearly full strength after recent surgery to repair meniscus in knee.

Kyle Neddenriep
News-Leader

Payne Hall is no stranger to playing with pain.

He has had arthroscopic surgery on his left knee and his wrist, had a sports hernia and a broken finger.

So it shouldn't be a big surprise that the Missouri State senior tight end says he is feeling close to full strength less than two weeks after undergoing surgery on his right knee to repair a meniscus.

"Tearing cartilage isn't really that big of a deal," Hall said after practice Tuesday. "None of those injuries were too major."

None were as painful as watching from the sidelines Saturday as the Bears' offense struggled for a paltry 96 yards and five first downs in a 16-14 loss at Central Arkansas.

http://www.daabears.com/l_links/44Hall%20will%20return.htm

TexasTerror
September 20th, 2006, 08:38 AM
SHSU Head Coach Todd Whitten's Missouri St Teleconference...

Whitten recaps the SMU game...talks about the turnovers...only having three penalties on the road...

Moves to Missouri St...says they are exceptional on defense (10 starters back)...offensively, struggling at QB and trying to get settled...talks about the fact he has never won a road game and how important winning on the road is to an SLC title...

Whitten talks about stepping it up on the road and it'll be nice to play a I-AA...

Says that SHSU never got settled a year ago at QB, thought Pate was going to play well and of course, got injured...talks about PD and early turnovers...praises Hicks for doing good things and says he'll start...

Whitten on Bomar, says Sam is still waiting and he does not have notion on a timeframe with the NCAA and that the NCAA is trying to organize the facts..."we're a couple weeks away, maybe longer"

Whitten is getting another opinion on Pate's injury to determine surgery situation...says he can assure us Wade can not play this week...

http://southland.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/06-coaches-teleconference.html

blackfordpu
September 20th, 2006, 01:22 PM
SHSU Head Coach Todd Whitten's Missouri St Teleconference...

Whitten recaps the SMU game...talks about the turnovers...only having three penalties on the road...

Moves to Missouri St...says they are exceptional on defense (10 starters back)...offensively, struggling at QB and trying to get settled...talks about the fact he has never won a road game and how important winning on the road is to an SLC title...

Whitten talks about stepping it up on the road and it'll be nice to play a I-AA...

Says that SHSU never got settled a year ago at QB, thought Pate was going to play well and of course, got injured...talks about PD and early turnovers...praises Hicks for doing good things and says he'll start...

Whitten on Bomar, says Sam is still waiting and he does not have notion on a timeframe with the NCAA and that the NCAA is trying to organize the facts..."we're a couple weeks away, maybe longer"

Whitten is getting another opinion on Pate's injury to determine surgery situation...says he can assure us Wade can not play this week...

http://southland.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/06-coaches-teleconference.html

Too bad he won't admit that he SUCKS as a I-AA coach!:bang:

MSUBear42
September 20th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Stick a pipe in it UCABEAR. If we had any offense at all we would have one that game.

Bear Fan 101
September 20th, 2006, 02:40 PM
now now now, only because your running back from Georgia didnt run over, around, under, and through our Defense for over 200 yards like you predicted, don't go telling people to stick it!

If we would have converted all those FG drives into touchdowns, you guys would NOT have been within 20 of us. We can play that "if such and such would have happend..." game as well. :thumbsup:

That being said, the MSU defense was pretty good once UCA got inside the 30 or so. But we were able to move the ball on them for the most part. I'm not sure what to expect from SHSU. I saw where Matt D. picked SHSU to lose. I can't see that right now, but since I havent seen SHSU play yet, and apparently they are having QB problems, until Bomar is cleared. I guess I'll pick SHSU to win, if for no other reason, the fact they wil lbe our fellow conference member next year.

MSULB#47
September 20th, 2006, 03:24 PM
UCABear..its over....we kicked butt, knocked the snot out your team and left with 14 'tokens'.....to your 16...You ran 80 plays!!!...176 yards....16 points!

Now move on....dude

Bear Fan 101
September 20th, 2006, 03:52 PM
UCABear..its over....we kicked butt, knocked the snot out your team and left with 14 'tokens'.....to your 16...You ran 80 plays!!!...176 yards....16 points!

Now move on....dude

well...dude., you did get one thing right, it is over! Sorry you guys didn't come out on the right end of anything last Saturday night, except the L column.

BTW, can you read the colums right? I'm sorry, but we actually ran 79 plays and only gained 319 yards total...But thanks for playing, good luck this week, dude! :thumbsup:

I even included the link if you need a refresher course on how to read stats.
http://www.ucasports.com/stats/UCA-03~4.HTM

TEAM.....Missouri St...........UCA
1ST DOWNS.....5..........19
RUSHES-YARDS (NET).....23-21..........49-176
PASSING YDS (NET).....75..........143
Passes Att-Comp-Int.....17-7-1..........30-14-1
TOTAL OFFENSE PLAYS-YARDS.....40-96..........79-319
Possession Time.....22:41..........37:19
Third-Down Conversions.....1 of 10..........5 of 17
Fourth-Down Conversions.....0 of 0..........2 of 3
Red-Zone Scores-Chances.....0-0.........3-4

Anything else you want to educate us on while we're here? xcoffeex

BearsCountry
September 20th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Glad UCA won their super bowl for the year.

Bear Fan 101
September 20th, 2006, 04:02 PM
glad we had y'all to beat. Good luck the rest of the year!

douglasdmb
September 20th, 2006, 04:03 PM
This looks destined for the smack-talk board...

MSUBear42
September 20th, 2006, 04:07 PM
I cant wait to greet some of you guys in Springfield next year.

Bear Fan 101
September 20th, 2006, 04:12 PM
next year is next year. We both have a lot of football left in us this year. Some of it may be good, some of it may be bad, but either way, a lot of football is left this season. Good luck the rest of the way in all seriousness.

douglasdmb
September 20th, 2006, 04:19 PM
next year is next year. We both have a lot of football left in us this year. Some of it may be good, some of it may be bad, but either way, a lot of football is left this season. Good luck the rest of the way in all seriousness.

Thank you.

Stop the madness!

Bear Fan 101
September 20th, 2006, 04:23 PM
I thought that this was as good aa time as any to do so. xprost2x

MSULB#47
September 20th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Anything else you want to educate us on while we're here? xcoffeex

:coach: Yes...Look at the film and take a lesson to your LB's from the MSU LB's on how the linebacker position is played.

Unfortunately they (UCA LB's) could'nt get any real work, due to a lack of offensive execution on the part of MSU.

Yet what I saw were some fundamental flaws, turning to the side when engaging blockers, standing straight up when crossing scrimmage (blitzing), not using arms to create separation.

I did'nt see any 'filling" or 'dragging' either.

If you want to keep it 'real' we can continue.

Personally, I wish to move on to greener pastures.

Gateway/Missouri Valley Conference Playoffs!

Does UCA get an 'automatic' bid or perhaps 'maybe' an 'at large' invitation?

Bear Fan 101
September 20th, 2006, 04:43 PM

Point 1, If you wish to move on, then quit post, we had it taken care of a post ago...

Point 2, No, hard for us to since we have the whole transitional period we have to miss playoffs and championships on for 3 years I think. It sucks, but that is the cards we were dealt, and we are playing with them the best we know how.

Let me ask you this in all seriousness, if our LB's are doing so much wrong, how can our D be that effective? Am I reading this right and you are really calling your O-Line that bad to allow all the penetration and pressure we were able to get on your guys all night?

MSULB#47
September 20th, 2006, 05:27 PM
:coach: Ok....Lets relax and breathe, you seem to be getting somewhat emotional.

I made it very clear, that 'If you wish to keep it 'real', we can continue"

'keeping it real" means sincere, cogent, relevant and respectful discussion.

Which was in response to your request for some 'education' or instruction.

My 'suggestion' was sincere in regards to the Linebacker play. Considering one of our LB's #47 Jeron Poole http://www.jeron.isprofiles.com made Gateway Player of the Week as a result of his play in a LOSING cause against the GREAT UCA Bears!

Lets not mention our Special Teams and PK Eric Davis who also made Gateway Player of the Week in a losing effort against the GREAT UCA Bears!

Now can we move on to SHSU?, please:eyebrow:

MSUBear42
September 20th, 2006, 08:00 PM
I honestly believe that with Congdon playing the entire game and with Payne Hall back in our line-up we should be one of the best teams in the gateway.

Our D has been GREAT this year. Espicially the LBs. Thanks Jeron!!

slycat
September 20th, 2006, 08:10 PM
aww looks like UCA is talking their first smack in I-AA...

blackfordpu
September 20th, 2006, 09:28 PM
HELP THIS THREAD HAS BEEN HIJACKED!:eek:

Can we please get back on topic here. We were talking about the Missouri St @ Sam Houston game.:nod:

MSULB#47
September 20th, 2006, 09:40 PM
I honestly believe that with Congdon playing the entire game and with Payne Hall back in our line-up we should be one of the best teams in the gateway.

Our D has been GREAT this year. Espicially the LBs. Thanks Jeron!!

Im with ya. But Im not Jeron, just a fan of Jeron. :thumbsup:

MSUBear42
September 20th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Well either way #47 is a grrrrrrreat player for the Bears.

MissouriStateBear
September 21st, 2006, 01:37 AM
Bears-27
Bearkats-13

Having a set QB will do wonders for this team...as i said on Letsgobears, this is a make or break game...if we can pull it off i believe we will do well in conference and finish with no less than a 6-5 record...if we lose i believe our confidence will be shot to hell and we will finish probably about 3-8...

douglasdmb
September 21st, 2006, 02:16 AM
MSU fans, please drop the UCA game. It's done with.

Bears 28
Bearkats 24

Tiananmen Bear
September 21st, 2006, 03:15 AM
QB's eyes say it all.:thumbsup:

http://focus.arkansasonline.com/images/photos/100035/2006/09/16/gallery/1433761.jpg

Why is the QB wearing gloves on both hands? I think we may have a case of mistaken identity.

Now move on....dude

You kicked butt? Ringing up a robust 96 yards while only surrendering in excess of 300, plus tallying five whole first downs and other minor details like LOSING THE GAME probably do not constitute butt-kickings in 49 states. But hey, whatever works for you guys.

'Tokens' are extremely moronic, by the way. You're playing football, not Super Mario Bros. or Zelda or whatever.

Glad UCA won their super bowl for the year.

I didn't know the Georgia Southern game had been played yet.

I cant wait to greet some of you guys in Springfield next year.

I too am looking forward to it, very much so. It's always nice to have gracious hosts who give away things like beer, food, and football games.

Yes...Look at the film and take a lesson to your LB's from the MSU LB's on how the linebacker position is played.

Unfortunately they (UCA LB's) could'nt get any real work, due to a lack of offensive execution on the part of MSU.

Yet what I saw were some fundamental flaws, turning to the side when engaging blockers, standing straight up when crossing scrimmage (blitzing), not using arms to create separation.

I did'nt see any 'filling" or 'dragging' either.

If you want to keep it 'real' we can continue.

Gateway/Missouri Valley Conference Playoffs!

Now why in the world would any of UCA's defensive guys want to take lessons from Missouri State? Believe what you want to or teach what you want, but it's obviously no better than what a lot of others are doing.

Also, 'you' 'might' want to 'chill' with the 'single quotation marks'. It doesn't do 'any good'. It reminds of an old 'Saturday Night Live skit' in which 'Chris Farley' plays a 'character' named 'Bennet Brauer' who doesn't 'wipe properly' or 'own a toothbrush'. Only he used full quotations.

Well either way #47 is a grrrrrrreat player for the Bears.

Grrrrrrreat! That's fannnnnnnnntastic!! He's still a loooooooooooooser.

MSU fans, please drop the UCA game. It's done with.

Bears 28
Bearkats 24

At least one of you guys have some sense about you. I can't remember, as a whole, a fan base that was so full of pugnacious lunkheads. Leading up to the game all the talk was how Coop would run a marathon, and MSU would come to Conway and roll up the new kids by about 50. Then after losing the game and having your offense completely manhandled, the vast majority go on and on about how pathetic UCA is and how MSU is still ridiculously good. You can't have it both ways, folks.

Anyhow, best of luck to your offense this week in its quest to sniff the red zone.

MissouriStateBear
September 21st, 2006, 09:16 AM
At least one of you guys have some sense about you. I can't remember, as a whole, a fan base that was so full of pugnacious lunkheads.

I can! YOU GUYS:hurray:

:deadhorse:

MSUBear42
September 21st, 2006, 11:26 AM
Once again, I really can not WAIT for next season for some of your "fans" to come up to Springfield. You won the game, now get the heck over it. It's OVER.
When it comes to winning and bragging about it, UCA has some of, no, the most classless fans I have EVER run into.

MSUBear42
September 21st, 2006, 11:27 AM
I second that. You guys sure as hell know how to make a rivalry out of nothing.

MSUBear42
September 21st, 2006, 11:27 AM
I can! YOU GUYS:hurray:

:deadhorse:

I second that, you guys know how to make a rivalry out of absolutely squat.

Bear Fan 101
September 21st, 2006, 11:40 AM
When it comes to winning and bragging about it, UCA has some of, no, the most classless fans I have EVER run into.

It's not my fault you guys claimed your RB would run for 200 yards and your Bears would show our Bears a thing or two about football at this level and then you got beat. Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut in the beginning if you don't want it to bite you in the end. You can call us classless all you want, and you can continue to eat that big wad of sour grapes you guys have in your mouth. Don't matter squat to me.

Good luck the rest of THIS year! I do look forward to next year...but only when next year actually comes around. Right now we both have plenty of games left that can go good or bad to worry about.

Bear Fan 101
September 21st, 2006, 11:41 AM
you guys know how to make a rivalry out of absolutely squat.

don't forget, we dont have one now...you wont be ours? We're just trying to start a rivalry with somebody...wont you be ours? :smiley_wi

Tiananmen Bear
September 21st, 2006, 12:13 PM
Once again, I really can not WAIT for next season for some of your "fans" to come up to Springfield. You won the game, now get the heck over it. It's OVER.

Well, I'm fairly certain UCA fans wouldn't have anything to say if you guys wouldn't have:

1. Absolutely ripped UCA's program leading into the game
2. Absolutely ripped UCA's program after the game
3. Made 203982309823 excuses for losing
4. Continued to reference UCA, the football team and the fans in a bad light.

You guys ask for it by continuing to, five days after your loss, talk down about a team that beat you whilst building your own sadsack crew up. You got beat by a first-year I-AA provisional, yet at the same time you should be one of the best teams in the Gateway? Because you get a tight end back? People in Arkansas know about Payne Hall ... and Payne Hall is no Antonio Gates.

But hey, if having a realistic view on things and trying to keep ignorance from running rampant is classless, then so be it. I'd rather be right than classy any day.

MSUBear42
September 21st, 2006, 12:24 PM
Excuse me? We are the ones that keep bringing up the game?

Here is the first mention of anything UCA (minus the article) in this thread. Who made it?? Oh yeah, a UCA fan. We wouldn't even be in the moronic argument if UCABear didn't have to say this:

Yeah, it wasn't because UCA wasn't any good on defense...it was just that Missouri State sucked on offense...... :thumbsup: xcoffeex

Lets freakin drop it already. It's in the history. UCA has a great team, and a great football tradition. Congrats, we at MSU could only hope to some day have a great football tradition, and it is starting this year with a new coach.

Now to the SHSU game, look for the student side to be near capacity again, lots of publicity going on about the game.

MSU 21
SHSU 14

JoshUCA
September 21st, 2006, 01:25 PM
I think that SHSU has what it takes to win this game so I go with...
SHSU 24
MSU 17

Tiananmen Bear
September 21st, 2006, 01:44 PM
Excuse me? We are the ones that keep bringing up the game?

Here is the first mention of anything UCA (minus the article) in this thread. Who made it?? Oh yeah, a UCA fan. We wouldn't even be in the moronic argument if UCABear didn't have to say this:

Lets freakin drop it already. It's in the history. UCA has a great team, and a great football tradition. Congrats, we at MSU could only hope to some day have a great football tradition, and it is starting this year with a new coach.

Now to the SHSU game, look for the student side to be near capacity again, lots of publicity going on about the game.

MSU 21
SHSU 14

Well, I stand corrected. I don't blame UCABear for having a chip on the shoulder, but if he stoked the fire then I guess it isn't all your guys' fault after all.

I forgot to add a fifth reason earlier as to why UCA fans continue to jaw at you guys:

5. Stephen F. Austin has no fans who use the Internet.

MSUBear42
September 21st, 2006, 01:55 PM
Haha

TexasTerror
September 21st, 2006, 05:19 PM
New two-deep heading into the Kats-Bears game...

http://bearkats.shsu.edu/football/twodeep.html

Noticable changes are the change at starting QB to Brett Hicks and the addition of a 3rd kicker, 2nd deep-snapper and David Branch no-showing the depth chart (injury?)...

kats89
September 21st, 2006, 07:16 PM
Why dont the Mizzou St fans and the UCA fans start your own thread so ya'll can whine about last weeks game there.:nod: I will even start it for ya'll.

MSUBear42
September 22nd, 2006, 12:49 AM
It's settled now, I hope :) Go Bears!

Nyghtewynd
September 22nd, 2006, 08:01 AM
I'm just happy that, until today, I had quit reading this thread for a few days. A *football* argument? At *Missouri State*? The only argument that has ever taken place at MSU is whether to bother leaving the tailgate party to go to the actual game or not.

TexasTerror
September 22nd, 2006, 08:48 AM
Today's article from the Huntsville fishwrap...

Searching for answers

Kats make adjustments after being scorched by SMU
By Cody Stark
Assistant Sports Editor

The last time Sam Houston State took the field, SMU pretty much did whatever it wanted on the way to a 45-14 thumping of the Bearkats.

Heading into last Saturday’s game, there was a lot of focus on SHSU’s offense and its ability to move the ball with starting quarterback Wade Pate out for the season with a shoulder injury.

The Bearkats didn’t get on the board until the third quarter, but that didn’t matter because the game was over at halftime. The Mustangs came out in a no-huddle offense and carved up the SHSU secondary to the tune of 248 passing yards. SMU built a 42-0 lead with a little more than eight minutes to go in the third.

It was SHSU’s worst defensive performance since an 80-21 loss to Texas Tech last season. SMU is an NCAA Division I-A program, but had scored only nine total points in a pair of losses to start the season. The Red Raiders were a top 25 team with an offense known for putting up a lot of yards and points.

The Kats have to find a way to correct the problem with a very important game on the road at Missouri State on Saturday.

http://www.itemonline.com/sports/local_story_265005634.html?keyword=secondarystory

Of note...David Branch is out for the season...the All-SLC performer on the DLine...

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 07:38 AM
Game Day Article from the Huntsville Item. Speaks of another QB change for the Kats this week. Most important this week is turning around the ugly road drought...

"The Bearkats have lost eight consecutive road games dating back to 2004, when SHSU lost to Montana in the semifinal round of the playoffs. During the streak, the Bearkats have committed 25 turnovers, 15 interceptions and 10 fumbles."

Kats change quarterbacks — again

Coach gives Hicks a shot tonight at Missouri State
By Cody Stark
Assistant Sports Editor

Round and round it goes, when it stops nobody knows.

The quarterback carousel continues at Sam Houston State, and this time junior Brett Hicks is finally getting his chance to lead the Bearkat offense.

With Wade Pate out for the season with a bum shoulder and Phillip Daugherty failing to lead a scoring drive against SMU last week, SHSU head coach Todd Whitten decided to put the ball in Hicks’ hands for tonight’s game at Missouri State.

The Bandera product came off the bench to guide the Bearkats to a couple of touchdowns in the second half of a 45-14 loss to the Mustangs last week.

“He has never really had an opportunity here, so I just wanted to give him a chance,” Whitten said of Hicks after practice Thursday. “He played pretty well in the second half and took care of the football. I was really pleased with that. It’s just his turn to get a chance, and I think he will do really well.”

http://www.itemonline.com/sports/local_story_266024417.html?keyword=secondarystory
------------

PantherRob82
September 23rd, 2006, 11:12 AM
Go Bearkats! :hurray:

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 05:34 PM
Pre-game show has begun for the Kats with Kooter interviewing Todd Whitten...

kats89
September 23rd, 2006, 06:00 PM
Here we go. Mo St wins toss and defers. KATS get ball first.

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 06:06 PM
3 and out for Kats...

3 and out for Missouri St...

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 06:08 PM
First down Bearkats on a Hicks to Blake Martin pass to the SH26...

First third down conversion completed by either team...

Hicks to Perry for 15 yards...to the SH41...first down Kats...

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 06:11 PM
Fumbled the shotgun snap by Hicks who falls on it...

DD Terry...nine yard run on 2nd down to the SH46...

Hicks runs it for a few yards, still a bit short and will have to punt...

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 06:13 PM
Bearkats INT at the MS45...Derrick Harris gets the pick and the Kats' offense goes back on the field!

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 06:17 PM
On 3rd and 8 from the MS47...Hicks hits Malone for a 1st down to the MS38...

Hicks goes long to the end zone, incomplete on first down...that was for Brandon Perry...

Christian catches the ball and gets a first down for the Kats...

Another catch, Kats to the MS4!

kats89
September 23rd, 2006, 06:17 PM
KATS AT MO.STATE 3 YD LINE. 1ST AND GOAL KATS.:hurray:

kats89
September 23rd, 2006, 06:18 PM
WOO, HOO... TOUCHDOWN...7-0 KAT ATTACK.:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 06:19 PM
TOUCHDOWN BEARKATS!

Sam Houston St @ Missouri State
Unofficial Scoring Summary

First Quarter
SHSU: Audelin 4 yd run (Wilkins kick), 4:55 SHSU 7 - 0 Missouri State

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 06:23 PM
Kats defense is not giving Missouri St a single thing (just yet)! This is the defense we expected...

2nd and 14 after a TFL by the Kats...seven yards on the pitch and catch...

3rd and 7...SACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

3 and out!

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 06:33 PM
Hicks' first quarter numbers are 9/12 for 106 yards, no INTs...

Not bad for a first start!

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 06:37 PM
3rd and 17 for the Bears from SH32...

Pass is intercepted at the SH11...Bearkats second INT of the night! This time, Scorpio Babers with the INT...

kats89
September 23rd, 2006, 06:41 PM
DEFENSE HAS COME TO PLAY TONIGHT.

igo4uni
September 23rd, 2006, 06:45 PM
What's the score??

kats89
September 23rd, 2006, 06:46 PM
What's the score??

7-0 SHSU

BEARS DRIVING RIGHT NOW THOUGH.

Bear Fan 101
September 23rd, 2006, 06:47 PM
Go 'Kats!!!

igo4uni
September 23rd, 2006, 06:49 PM
7-0 SHSU

BEARS DRIVING RIGHT NOW THOUGH.

Thanks, keep the updates coming!! :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Sam_Kats
September 23rd, 2006, 06:50 PM
Uh oh...a little Mo St - UCA rivalry brewing...love it!!

Come on Kats! We need this one BAD :nonono2:

kats89
September 23rd, 2006, 06:50 PM
KAT D HOLDS. MO STATE GETS A FIELD GOAL.

7-3 SHSU, 6 MINUTES LEFT IN 1ST HALF.

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 06:51 PM
Missouri St boots in a FG, Kats 7-3 with 5:43 left in the 2nd quarter...

Bear Fan 101
September 23rd, 2006, 06:52 PM
Uh oh...a little Mo St - UCA rivalry brewing...love it!!

Come on Kats! We need this one BAD :nonono2:

No...I'm SLC all the way now... WE may not be permanent yet, but the way you guys have treated us UCA fans since we were accepted in to the SLC, I wont root against Sam much...except for 3 or 4 weeks from now, lol

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 06:53 PM

First Quarter

Second Quarter
MSU: Stokes 25 YD FG, 5:43 SHSU 7-3 Missouri St

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 06:53 PM
DD Terry runs past quite a few Bears and gets to the brink of Bears territory, SH47...

Martin takes in a pass into the Bears side of the field...MS46...

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 06:58 PM
touchdown Bearkats!

Scoring summary update coming...

kats89
September 23rd, 2006, 07:01 PM
YEP, BLOCK PARTY RETURNS..... KATS BLOCK A PUNT AND RECOVER FOR A TOUCHDOWN.. MISSED XP....13-3 KATS.:hurray:

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 07:02 PM

First Quarter

Second Quarter
SHSU: Richmond blocked punt recovery (Daughtery run failed, bad snap), 3:19 SHSU 13-3

blackfordpu
September 23rd, 2006, 07:03 PM
TT, I just got home. Who scored? How is Hicks doing?

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 07:04 PM
TT, I just got home. Who scored? How is Hicks doing?

Hicks was 9/12 for over 100 yards in the first quarter...

Not doing too bad...

Here's the unofficial scoring summary...

First Quarter

Second Quarter
SHSU: Richmond blocked punt recovery (Daughtery run failed, bad snap), 3:19 SHSU 13-3

blackfordpu
September 23rd, 2006, 07:07 PM
Hicks was 9/12 for over 100 yards in the first quarter...

Not doing too bad...

Here's the unofficial scoring summary...

Seems pretty damn good to me!:hurray:

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 07:08 PM
Seems pretty damn good to me!:hurray:

He was having a few issues in the second quarter, overthrowing WRs and such...

Sam_Kats
September 23rd, 2006, 07:11 PM
Can't wait for Bomar to finally take the field...nice to see the Kat Block Party back!!:hurray: :hurray:

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 07:16 PM
Missouri St struggling from under center...pick up a first down on a botched play surprisingly...a pass complete to the MS41...another pass complete, but the clock continues to run...ED JACKSON GETS THE SACK!

Kats will go into the half 13-3 which is exactly what the Kats wanted to do, get out to a lead at the half and play some good defense. Special teams is raising questions...but the offense is looking solid just now...

Sam_Kats
September 23rd, 2006, 07:19 PM
Come on Kats...play the 2nd half like it's 0-0

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 07:20 PM
First halftime lead on the road since 2004 game against SLC rival SFA...

That's an eternity ago! Ouch...

Time to take care of business and beat the road blues out of the Bears...

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 07:29 PM
Always great hearing PR on the radio! Learned a great deal, which I've even passed on to folks I've overseen and supervised...

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 07:33 PM
PR says Bomar is day to day...all the paperwork taken care of, all the information submitted...

There's numbers of situations like this in the NCAA for various players in various sports. Once word is recieved, the SHSU athletic department will tell everyone.

Only similar scenario was 11 years ago...a player from A&M got to play five games at the end of the year...

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 07:48 PM
Missouri State striking...into SH territory...SH26

Bearkats recover a fumble, but blown dead before the Kats recovered...back to SH34...

Missouri St to the SH27...TOUCHDOWN BEARS

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 07:52 PM

First Quarter

Second Quarter

Third Quarter
MSU: Krapfl 27 yd pass to Geisz (Stokes kick), 10:43 SHSU 13-10 Missouri St

kats89
September 23rd, 2006, 07:53 PM
PR says Bomar is day to day...all the paperwork taken care of, all the information submitted...

There's numbers of situations like this in the NCAA for various players in various sports. Once word is recieved, the SHSU athletic department will tell everyone.

Only similar scenario was 11 years ago...a player from A&M got to play five games at the end of the year...

I am sure we will here something soon on Bomar and the time he is missing now will be time served. There are kids doing a lot more getting less time. DB and LB at Texas with weed and gun and only got suspended for 1 game by coaches.

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 07:54 PM
Brandon Perry gets shaken up, apparently clutching his arm...and is going to have to meet with the trainers...

kats89
September 23rd, 2006, 08:01 PM
WOW, big penalty on Mo. State...1st down Sam Houston on Mo. State 15yd line.:hurray: :hurray:

TOUCHDOWN KATS.....20-10 KATS...

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 08:01 PM
3rd and 8 from the 25...incomplete pass to Malone...broken up by Harris...

Kats are attempting a 42 yard FG...Taylor Wilkins...GOOD! Change of pace...flag on the play. Personal foul against Missouri St...

Whitten decides to TAKE THE POINTS OFF THE BOARD! First down, Kats! Nice job Wilkins!

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 08:02 PM
WOW, big penalty on Mo. State...1st down Sam Houston on Mo. State 15yd line.:hurray: :hurray:

That had to give you some confidence in Wilkins leg...

TOUCHDOWN KATS!

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 08:03 PM

First Quarter

Second Quarter

Third Quarter
SHSU: Terry 12 yd run (Wilkins kick), 5:32 SHSU 20-10 Missouri St

blackfordpu
September 23rd, 2006, 08:04 PM

That had to give you some confidence in Wilkins leg...

TOUCHDOWN KATS!

Wife was talking to me. Who scored this time?

blackfordpu
September 23rd, 2006, 08:05 PM
Did AA get hurt or is DD just having a good game?

igo4uni
September 23rd, 2006, 08:06 PM

Uh............tell her to be quiet!!!!!!!!!!!:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

just teasing!!!!!!!!!

kats89
September 23rd, 2006, 08:07 PM

AA GOT THE TD. TERRY IS HAVING A GREAT GAME AS WELL. DEFENSE IS WORRYING ME SO FAR IN SECOND HALF.

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 08:07 PM

They've both been getting into the game...

Nice having two-backs in the game with fresh legs...

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 08:10 PM

My GF was talking earlier and had to wait a bit to get a good score summary to update my unofficial scoring summary because she was talking on a TD...

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 08:13 PM
More problems with KSAM's feed...

Geez, bad weather in Huntsville...

blackfordpu
September 23rd, 2006, 08:14 PM
More problems with KSAM's feed...

Geez, bad weather in Huntsville...

Yea, and it is about to pound us in Cypress. I can see it coming from my front yard. :eek:

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 08:15 PM
If you need to switch to the Missouri State feed, the link is:

http://winnovatestream1.com/ktxr-fm.asx

Bear Fan 101
we're in a big delay at Stephen F. Austin right now, and it is going to continue for a while...

TexasTerror
SHSU audio feed is back up...

4th quarter is beginning now...

Tod
September 23rd, 2006, 08:17 PM
Yea, and it is about to pound us in Cypress. I can see it coming from my front yard. :eek:

Quit peeing in your front yard. :rolleyes: ;)

BEAR
September 23rd, 2006, 08:17 PM
That'll give me something to listen to while mother nature takes care of business.

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 08:19 PM
That'll give me something to listen to while mother nature takes care of business.

All the UCA support we can get now will be great! Can't wait to talk SHSU vs UCA in a few weeks! :thumbsup:

Bear Fan 101
September 23rd, 2006, 08:20 PM
me neither, we'll be coming off a trip to South Dakota St., UC Davis and then you guys on short rest all in consecutive weeks :)

igo4uni
September 23rd, 2006, 08:20 PM
Quit peeing in your front yard. :rolleyes: ;)

I pee in my front yard every day!!!!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 08:21 PM
me neither, we'll be coming off a trip to South Dakota St., UC Davis and then you guys on short rest all in consecutive weeks :)

Atleast we have the game on FoxSW!

I'll be in Huntsville a few days prior for Homecoming. I can't wait to meet you folks from UCA whether it in Huntsville, Thibodaux or Hammond next year. We'll just have to wait and see how things fall...

Bears are moving the ball up the field now. Let's hope we don't get a crazy 4th quarter like 2004...

Bear Fan 101
September 23rd, 2006, 08:23 PM
I wish I could come down to Huntsville, but work prevents me from it. Although I'll be watching and listening on the tube and airwaves respectively

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 08:26 PM
Missouri St turns the ball over on downs!

Bears are having lots of issues with handling the ball when they're on offense...

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 08:28 PM
Kats punt the ball and Missouri St will start things off at their own 24...9:40 to go...

blackfordpu
September 23rd, 2006, 08:29 PM
Kats can't do anything with the turnover.

Kats punt.

Bears run for a yard.

blackfordpu
September 23rd, 2006, 08:30 PM
Bears 2nd and 9

Pass for a first down.

kats89
September 23rd, 2006, 08:30 PM
OFFENSE HAS GOT TO DO SOMETHING TO GIVE THE DEFENSE A REST. ALREADY BACK ON THE FIELD.

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 08:31 PM
Kats can't do anything with the turnover.

As long as the clock continues to tick down, we'll be alright...just need the defense to continue holding up...and none of these darn personal foul penalties...

blackfordpu
September 23rd, 2006, 08:31 PM
1st and 10 from Kats 46

Incomplete pass

2nd down

blackfordpu
September 23rd, 2006, 08:32 PM
2nd and 10

PA pass, complete to 31 for a first down.

blackfordpu
September 23rd, 2006, 08:33 PM
8 minutes to go 20-10 Kats

1st and 10 from the Kats 31

PA pass, complete to the 4 yard line.
First down Bears.

blackfordpu
September 23rd, 2006, 08:34 PM
Second down Bears from the Kats 1

TexasTerror
Expect Kooter and Leroy to start their weekly rant on officials with this drive going the way it did...

blackfordpu
TD Bears

20-16 pending the extra point.

Extra point good 6:40 to go

20-17 Kats

Kats need to get something going on this possession.

kats89
September 23rd, 2006, 08:35 PM
touchdown Bears...:bang:

20-17 with 6:40 to play.

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 08:35 PM

First Quarter

Second Quarter

Third Quarter

Fourth Quarter
MSU: Cooper 1 yd run (Stokes kick), 6:40 SHSU 20-17 Missouri St

igo4uni
September 23rd, 2006, 08:36 PM
touchdown Bears...:bang:

20-17 with 6:40 to play.

Could be a good finish.

blackfordpu
September 23rd, 2006, 08:36 PM
Did I hear Kooter say that Hicks was hurt? Something about a taped up elbow.

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 08:37 PM
Did I hear Kooter say that Hicks was hurt? Something about a taped up elbow.

I thought he was talking about Christian...could be wrong...

Leroy hadn't seen it, so maybe it was Christian, because if it were Hicks, you'd think he'd of seen it...

Then again, it's Kooter and Leroy! :D

blackfordpu
September 23rd, 2006, 08:39 PM
Not a good return, only 19 yards from the 1 to the 20.

Kats need to subdue the Bears here.

TexasTerror
Could be a good finish.

Anything half as crazy as 2004 would be a good finish! :bang:

igo4uni
Just got done with the NDSU vs. Ball State game............any audio links for this game??

blackfordpu
September 23rd, 2006, 08:40 PM
From the shotgun, whistles and flags before the snap.

False start 1st and 15 from the 15

blackfordpu
September 23rd, 2006, 08:40 PM
Just got done with the NDSU vs. Ball State game............any audio links for this game??

http://www.tsrnsports.com/Broadcast/...am-Houston.htm

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 08:41 PM
DD Terry...that's what we need!

These are the kinds of plays that used to not work for the Kats...

igo4uni

I get page can not be found. :bawling: :bawling:

blackfordpu
3rd and 1 for the Kats

Hicks to Terry for the first down and he stays inbounds!

TexasTerror

Won't work...

Try this...

http://www.tsrnsports.com/Broadcast/Broad-U-Sam-Houston.htm

blackfordpu
September 23rd, 2006, 08:42 PM
I get page can not be found. :bawling: :bawling:

Check the first page of this thread. TT has the audio links listed.

blackfordpu
September 23rd, 2006, 08:42 PM
Terry runs for no gain.

2nd and 10 for the Kats.

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 08:43 PM
Check the first page of this thread. TT has the audio links listed.

That link is busted...I didn't paste the full URL when I made the initial post. I've corrected that error for next week's thread of info...

http://www.tsrnsports.com/Broadcast/Broad-U-Sam-Houston.htm

blackfordpu
September 23rd, 2006, 08:43 PM
Terry runs right and pushed out at the 37.

3rd and 6 for the Kats.

3:52 left in the 4th.

blackfordpu
September 23rd, 2006, 08:44 PM
Hicks to Terry is stopped for no gain and have to punt with 3:37 to go in the 4th.

Defense needs to step it up here!

TexasTerror
Well, that was a bit longer of an offensive drive...

Hope the defense is ready to stop the Bears...one more stop may very well end it...

blackfordpu
Punt goes to the Bears 26.

1st and 10 for the Bears.

blackfordpu
September 23rd, 2006, 08:45 PM
Pass to the 37 for a first down.

Bears 1st and 10 from the 37

igo4uni
September 23rd, 2006, 08:45 PM
Thanks guys..........I have the audio feed now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blackfordpu
September 23rd, 2006, 08:46 PM
Pass to the 47, close to the first.

2nd and short for the Bears.

and the audio drops out.

kats89
September 23rd, 2006, 08:46 PM
Man, I am getting pissed now. DEFENSE BETTER STEP IT UP NOW!!!!!

igo4uni
September 23rd, 2006, 08:47 PM
and the audio drops out.

mine too. :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

TexasTerror
Ugh!

Switch to MSU audio feed and we have a commercial break...what happened?!?

TexasTerror
MSU Audio Feed:

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 08:48 PM
Big hit by SHSU LB Ayo Akidona!

Bears call their 2nd timeout...4th and 1!

blackfordpu
September 23rd, 2006, 08:48 PM
MSU Audio Feed:

Thanks TT.:nod:

igo4uni
September 23rd, 2006, 08:49 PM
MSU Audio Feed:

Thank you!!!!!!!!!

TexasTerror
4th and 1...NO GOOD!

KATS BALL! KATS BALL!

COOPER STOPPED!

blackfordpu
KATS STOP THE 4TH AND 1 PLAY!

COME ON OFFENSE, STEP IT UP!

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 08:50 PM
1:42 left...

Kats with the ball and should be able to run it out...

igo4uni
September 23rd, 2006, 08:51 PM

Yup.......looks like game over.

blackfordpu
September 23rd, 2006, 08:51 PM

KSAM feed working yet?

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 08:52 PM
KSAM feed working yet?

Sure is... :hurray:

3rd and 5...Missouri St is out of timeouts...

Kooter and Leroy aren't sure about that...

kats89
September 23rd, 2006, 08:52 PM
THIS IS A BIG ROAD WIN FOR THE KATS......

blackfordpu
September 23rd, 2006, 08:53 PM
Delay of game penelty?

Tod
THIS IS A BIG ROAD WIN FOR THE KATS......

Definitely! Congrats to the Kats and Kat fans! :) :) :) :nod: :hurray:

TexasTerror
First Kats road win in nine tries! Remember that last road win? It was over a team named Eastern Washington... :)

All together gang...

Fight, Fight, you Bearkats!
Fight on through!
We're here in back of you!
You know again we're here to win,
so fight on to the end.

Fight Fight Fight
Loyal we'll ever be and true to SHSU
We'll fight and fight with all our might
for Sam Houston's Orange and White.

igo4uni
September 23rd, 2006, 08:54 PM
congrats SHSU.

TexasTerror

First Quarter

Second Quarter

Third Quarter

Fourth Quarter
MSU: Cooper 1 yd run (Stokes kick), 6:40 SHSU 20-17 Missouri St

blackfordpu
WHY RUN THE PLAY?

KATS WIN, KATS WIN, KATS WIN!

blackfordpu
September 23rd, 2006, 08:55 PM
Not a great offensive game but it was good enough.

Way to go Kats.:hurray:

The wife can have the computer now I guess. :rotateh:

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 08:56 PM
The wife can have the computer now I guess. :rotateh:

Not going to enjoy Kooter and Leroy talk about a win? :thumbsup:

birdsflyhigh
September 23rd, 2006, 08:58 PM
Good to win one on the road for the Kats, but mother of mercy...how bad is MSU right now? They're heading into the Gateway at 1-3, and that IN St. game is NOT going to be a gimme. Things could get very ugly for the Bears in the GFC. :twocents:

blackfordpu
September 23rd, 2006, 08:58 PM
Not going to enjoy Kooter and Leroy talk about a win? :thumbsup:

Yea, I am now. She got on the phone! :cool: :nod:

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 08:59 PM
SHSU is the only winning team in the conference at 2-1!

How pathetic...on to Austin!

blackfordpu
September 23rd, 2006, 09:01 PM
SHSU is the only winning team in the conference at 2-1!

How pathetic...on to Austin!

AND ON TO A 3-1 RECORD GOING INTO HOMECOMING!:thumbsup: :nod:

blackfordpu
September 23rd, 2006, 09:03 PM
Whats with the porn music in the background of Leroy and Kooter?

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 09:04 PM
SMU was up 38-6 at the half over Arkansas St...

They are definitely roughing up the former SLC, current Sun Belt squad...

They're not as bad as many thought...

blackfordpu
September 23rd, 2006, 09:05 PM
SHSU 328 total yards
MSU 327 total yards

Hicks: 19-33 184 yards 0 TDs 0 Ints

DD Terry: 9 carries for 82 yards and 1 TD (tore it up!)

Christian: 6 rec 72 yards

kats89
September 23rd, 2006, 09:14 PM
AND ON TO A 3-1 RECORD GOING INTO HOMECOMING!:thumbsup: :nod:

MAYBE 3-2. I watched Texas today and man we are in major trouble.

blackfordpu
September 23rd, 2006, 09:17 PM
MAYBE 3-2. I watched Texas today and man we are in major trouble.

Sorry, I meant 3-1 going into the Northwestern St. game!:nod:

And yes, we are in big trouble.

Kooter JUST CALLED OUT EVERYONE ON THE MESSAGEBOARDS!

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2006, 09:23 PM
Kooter JUST CALLED OUT EVERYONE ON THE MESSAGEBOARDS!

What exactly did Kooter have to say? Nevermind, read your post on KatFans:

They were talking about the SHSU/UT game.

He told everyone on the "various messageboards" to calm down and not attack Leroy for saying that the Kats are going to get beat in Austin next weekend. Said that Leroy has the Kats back but it is Texas and if the Kats did somehow pull out a victory it would be the biggest upset in college football history. He was just saying that Leroy was being realistic, not anit-Bearkat.

Come on now, have some faith in the Kats, Leroy! Anti-Bearkat. Realist or whatever...ANY GIVEN SATURDAY

kats89
September 23rd, 2006, 10:43 PM
Missouri State fans sure got quiet on here

birdsflyhigh
September 23rd, 2006, 11:05 PM
Yeah, after some MSU posters were throwing down the UCA Bears last week, it's kinda karma that MSU took it on the chin this week.

The Gateway is going to be BRUTAL on MSU. They really needed a win over SHSU, but HC Terry Allen will get the Bears program back on the upswing. Right now though, I'd say it's a toss-up for the GFC cellar between IN. St. and MSU. That's pretty sad for the Bears considering IN. St. has lost something like 22 in a row. :eek:

BearsCountry
September 24th, 2006, 01:06 AM
We have no offense, our defense will keep us in ballgames but our offense is horrible. Its going to be a long season in Springfield once Gateway play starts.

Sam_Kats
September 24th, 2006, 01:51 AM
Nice win KATS!!! Also, way to go UCA...go Bears!!

:hurray: :hurray: xlolx xlolx :hurray: :hurray:

Eat 'em up!!

TexasTerror
September 24th, 2006, 06:38 AM
Story from the Huntsville Item...

Rare road victory

Bearkats stuff Missouri State late, win 20-17
By Cody Stark
Assistant Sports Editor

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. — One yard is all that stood between the Bearkats overcoming the demons that have hounded them on the road over the past year and a half.

A key fourth-down stop would end the streak of eight consecutive road losses and give Sam Houston State the confidence needed with Southland Conference play only weeks away.

That’s exactly what the Bearkats got.

With the game on the line, Carlton Cobey stuffed Missouri State running back Michael Cooper in the backfield on fourth and one with 1:18 left in the fourth quarter to secure the Bearkats a 20-17 win over the Bears on Saturday night.

http://www.itemonline.com/sports/local_story_267011127.html?keyword=topstory

TexasTerror
September 24th, 2006, 07:06 AM
An article from the Missouri St side of things...

'This one's all on us'

Bears unable to close the deal, had chance to win with 3:06 left.

Lyndal Scranton
News-Leader

Seven times in his post-game comments, Missouri State football coach Terry Allen shook his head and muttered the same phrase.

"We have to learn to win as a football team," Allen said. "How many times do I have to say it?"

A hundred more and it wouldn't have mattered. At least on Saturday night as the Bears fell to Sam Houston State 20-17 before 10,490 fans at Plaster Sports Complex.

Two interceptions. A strange, though key penalty. A blocked punt that led to a Sam Houston State touchdown. Two failures on fourth-and-short in the fourth quarter.

See what Allen means? The players seem to after the Bears finished the nonconference portion of the schedule 1-3 with the rugged Gateway Conference looming.

http://www.news-leader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060924/SPORTS0401/609240419/1002

MSULB#47
September 24th, 2006, 08:11 AM
No excuses. You cant win games with Defense alone. Even with the silly leaping call and the missed punt block assignment, MSU put themselves in position to win the game!

Again you have to have Offensive execution to put points on the board, that simple.

The offense is getting better. Lets move on to the next game and keep improving.

Our Defense has a reputation now of consistency, so the Gateway/MVC now know's our Defense is legitimate. It wont be as 'painful' as you might believe.

Once that Offense dials in, its on!:thumbsup:

Good Game Kats!:hurray:

Nyghtewynd
September 24th, 2006, 06:45 PM
I've seen a lot of MSU football in my time, and this is the worst team I've ever seen at this school. They did nearly nothing well last night. 1-10 is looking like a very distinct possibility for this side. It's not Terry Allen's fault, because Goof Ball pretty much destroyed this program for him, but it's time to start playing youth at every position and allow them to take their lumps. Pick a QB and give him every snap. Cooper is not doing anything at RB that a random kid off the bench can't do, so pick a young one and play him. The crowd (and especially the students) tried really hard, but I wouldn't be that shocked if attendance goes down a ton for YSU.

kats89
September 24th, 2006, 07:53 PM
I've seen a lot of MSU football in my time, and this is the worst team I've ever seen at this school. They did nearly nothing well last night. 1-10 is looking like a very distinct possibility for this side. It's not Terry Allen's fault, because Goof Ball pretty much destroyed this program for him, but it's time to start playing youth at every position and allow them to take their lumps. Pick a QB and give him every snap. Cooper is not doing anything at RB that a random kid off the bench can't do, so pick a young one and play him. The crowd (and especially the students) tried really hard, but I wouldn't be that shocked if attendance goes down a ton for YSU.

Two big stops on 4th and 1 wouldnt have anything to do with it.:nod:

MSULB#47
September 24th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Two big stops on 4th and 1 wouldnt have anything to do with it.:nod:

Actually It was ONE missed blocking assignment and TWO fumbles with 4th and inches and 4th and ONE yard.

Dont get it 'twisted' :cool:

TexasTerror
September 24th, 2006, 08:54 PM
Any clue if Missouri St is going to play SHSU in Huntsville outside of the scheduled 2007 game? I know Rita washed out the 2005 Huntsville game, but would be nice to really complete the four game home-and-home that was originally signed...

BearsCountry
September 24th, 2006, 11:28 PM
Any clue if Missouri St is going to play SHSU in Huntsville outside of the scheduled 2007 game? I know Rita washed out the 2005 Huntsville game, but would be nice to really complete the four game home-and-home that was originally signed...

Dunno, might depend on the 12 game scheduling or if the Gateway decides to expand.

PS. How about we play in hoops and forgot the other game in Huntsville? ;)

TexasTerror
September 25th, 2006, 07:17 AM
PS. How about we play in hoops and forgot the other game in Huntsville? ;)

I don't think there'd be any Bearkat fans upset over playing a BKB series with Missouri St. We have a hard time getting Div I foes to our house and our BKB program is looking for another win over a Missouri school! Just ask Quinn Snyder! xlolx

MSUBear42
September 25th, 2006, 10:06 AM
hahaha