Jacksonville State at Alabama State
Murray State at Missouri
SE Missouri State at Southeastern Louisiana
Cumberland at Tennessee Tech
Tennessee-Martin at Chattanooga
Bethune-Cookman at Tennessee State

Redhawk2010
August 24th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Why is Jacksonville State going to Alabama State?!?!

Skyhawk71
August 25th, 2013, 08:09 AM
APSU @ Tennessee
EIU @ San Diego State
Robert Morris @ Eastern Kentucky
Jacksonville State@ Alabama State
Murray State @ Missouri
SEMO @ Southeast Louisiana
Bethune-Cookman @ Tennessee State
Cumberland @ Tennessee Tech
UTM @ UTC

TTUEagles
August 25th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Austin Peay at Tennessee
Eastern Illinois at San Diego State
Robert Morris at Eastern Kentucky
Murray State at Missouri

WestCoastAggie
August 25th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Austin Peay at Tennessee
Murray State at Missouri

Cocky
August 25th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Why is Jacksonville State going to Alabama State?!?!
We are lucky to find someone close to play. Samford, UTC, Troy and UAB all do not care to play us.

Seabiscuit
August 25th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Austin Peay at Tennessee
Murray State at Missouri

SU DOG
August 25th, 2013, 11:56 AM
We are lucky to find someone close to play. Samford, UTC, Troy and UAB all do not care to play us.

Well, do you think that is all because of your athletes on the field, and that all these teams are scared? BS!!! For years y'all have had a coach that nobody wanted to deal with, and that nobody respected. I have heard fans of more than one OVC school say that JSU is the one place that they don't like to go to, and that it has nothing to do with travel or the strength of your football team. I personally could cite many incidents that support my claim. Hopefully, in the future, that will change and Coach Clark will insist on an atmosphere that respects visitors and shows good sportsmanship. With your fantastic facility and incredible band, JSU could be a desired venue for lots of teams. A JSU-Samford series would now be interesting, and believe me, Samford would no longer be the whipping post that it was when JSU owned us, and YES, it was actually too one-sided to be called a rivalry. I've said before that I think JSU will be the surprise of the OVC this year. Maybe, just maybe, we will meet you in the playoffs(stranger things have happened). IMO, that would be one of the better attended FCS playoff games. I am a person who drove many times to Jacksonville AL to cheer for the Gamecocks before we reinstated football at SU. Good luck this year.

dgtw
August 25th, 2013, 12:23 PM

Will ASU be playing in Jacksonville next year?

For me, I'm glad they are playing each other. Its a shorter drive for me than Jacksonville so that's a good thing for me and many other Gamecocks in the Birmingham and Montgomery area. I'm also looking forward to seeing the new stadium. Also, the Marching Southerners will get to make the trip.

I don't know any details of what the Sammy fan is talking about, but I'm also glad Crowe is gone. I'd love to see more in state FCS games for us. While the UNA game is fun for old times sake, we don't need to be playing DII teams.

Redhawk2010
August 25th, 2013, 01:24 PM
I don't know any details of what the Sammy fan is talking about, but I'm also glad Crowe is gone. I'd love to see more in state FCS games for us. While the UNA game is fun for old times sake, we don't need to be playing DII teams.

I didn't realize Alabama State was DI. Have they been DI for a long time?

SU DOG
August 25th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Alabama State has been a member of the SWAC since 1982.

Redhawk2010
August 25th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Alabama State has been a member of the SWAC since 1982.

LOL. I guess I was confused ;)

major095
August 25th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Will ASU be playing in Jacksonville next year?

For me, I'm glad they are playing each other. Its a shorter drive for me than Jacksonville so that's a good thing for me and many other Gamecocks in the Birmingham and Montgomery area. I'm also looking forward to seeing the new stadium. Also, the Marching Southerners will get to make the trip.

It is my understanding that there is no return game. surprised so many are picking jax state. new coach on the road for his first game. no returning starter at qb. guess bama state gets no respect from ovc onlookers... we know what's what saturday night.

the stadium is pretty dawg gone nice by the way.

Cocky
August 25th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Well, do you think that is all because of your athletes on the field, and that all these teams are scared? BS!!! For years y'all have had a coach that nobody wanted to deal with, and that nobody respected. I have heard fans of more than one OVC school say that JSU is the one place that they don't like to go to, and that it has nothing to do with travel or the strength of your football team. I personally could cite many incidents that support my claim. Hopefully, in the future, that will change and Coach Clark will insist on an atmosphere that respects visitors and shows good sportsmanship. With your fantastic facility and incredible band, JSU could be a desired venue for lots of teams. A JSU-Samford series would now be interesting, and believe me, Samford would no longer be the whipping post that it was when JSU owned us, and YES, it was actually too one-sided to be called a rivalry. I've said before that I think JSU will be the surprise of the OVC this year. Maybe, just maybe, we will meet you in the playoffs(stranger things have happened). IMO, that would be one of the better attended FCS playoff games. I am a person who drove many times to Jacksonville AL to cheer for the Gamecocks before we reinstated football at SU. Good luck this year.

I have no idea why Samford doesnt care to play JSU. Troy, USA and UAB want us to travel to them every time with little money.
This is the first Ive heard if any incidents toward any fans at JSU. You cant even stand up in our stadium without sercurity telling you to sit. Hard to believe anyone could really bother other fans plus very few people sit on the vistor side.

jayhawkdaddy
August 25th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Tennessee
San Diego State
Eastern Kentucky
Jacksonville State
Missouri
SE Missouri State
Tenn Tech
UT-Chattanooga
Tennessee State

bonarae
September 3rd, 2013, 09:47 AM
Everybody got EIU wrong. But no one scored below .500. Below is Week 2.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?138185-OVC-Pick-em-Week-2