PDA

View Full Version : Appy St WR Sean Price Arrested and Will Be Suspended.

citdog
August 22nd, 2013, 03:48 PM
http://www.hcpress.com/news/crime-reports-every-wednesday-weekly-reports-from-the-watauga-county-sheriffs-office-and-boone-pd-aug-12-to-aug-20.html

http://www.yosefscabin.com/sean-price-arrested-likely-to-be-suspended/

Drunk and Disruptive. How many games will Coach Satterfield suspend him for? Price was suspended for two games last season by former Coach Jerry Moore.

Apphole
August 22nd, 2013, 03:54 PM
How many games will Coach Satterfield suspend him for?

Nice South Carolina English by the way.

blueballs
August 22nd, 2013, 04:05 PM
Price is an SEC talent on the field.... looks like he is an SEC talent off the field too.

Grizalltheway
August 22nd, 2013, 04:06 PM
I'm sure he'll find a way to get him on the field Aug 31...just like last year.xcoffeex

Mr. C
August 22nd, 2013, 04:10 PM
I'm sure he'll find a way to get him on the field Aug 31...just like last year.xcoffeex

I'm sure the Griz fans would want to give him one of those big Missoula welcomes.

Grizalltheway
August 22nd, 2013, 04:13 PM
I'm sure the Griz fans would want to give him one of those big Missoula welcomes.

I'm not sure what you mean.

catbob
August 22nd, 2013, 04:20 PM
Well if he were a Griz, he'd be suspended for one quarter in the D2 game, and then nothing else would happen until the legal system played out its course, which would be well after the season ends. xnodx

Apphole
August 22nd, 2013, 04:27 PM
Price is an SEC talent on the field.... looks like he is an SEC talent off the field too.

Fair enough.

Mr. C
August 22nd, 2013, 04:28 PM
I'm not sure what you mean.

Just having some fun with you, GATW. I'm sure the Griz fans would find a way to have some fun with Price over his legal matters. That's what great crowds do and no one has a better crowd than the folks at Washington-Grizzly Stadium.

Grizalltheway
August 22nd, 2013, 04:33 PM
Just having some fun with you, GATW. I'm sure the Griz fans would find a way to have some fun with Price over his legal matters. That's what great crowds do and no one has a better crowd than the folks at Washington-Grizzly Stadium.

Gotcha, but any Griz fan who still thinks we have room to make fun of other teams' legal troubles should probably just jump off the bandwagon.

Skjellyfetti
August 22nd, 2013, 04:34 PM

Similar to Brent Russell unfortunately

Silenoz
August 22nd, 2013, 04:36 PM
Well if he were a Griz, he'd be suspended for one quarter in the D2 game, and then nothing else would happen until the legal system played out its course, which would be well after the season ends. xnodx

xlolx

Hey, not anymore!

...probably

ursus arctos horribilis
August 22nd, 2013, 04:36 PM

Normally if a guy coming has some sort of charges etc. say like a domestic abuse or something then some of the chicks would blacken their eyes and have a male counterpart wearing a wife beater etc.

The only way to mimic what Price got in trouble for would be what the Griz fans will already be doing anyway so it would be tough to tell who was pulling his leg.

Sucks though. When I heard about this a couple days ago I replied to the feller that I never liked to see a team come in at anything less than full strength.

F'N Hawks
August 22nd, 2013, 04:38 PM

Oh, there is more than one school that takes that route. "Hasn't he been through enough"? xlolx

Silenoz
August 22nd, 2013, 04:38 PM

I heckled Cody Von Appen (http://www.mauinews.com/page/content.detail/id/509265/Kalaheo-graduate-von-Appen-charged-in-Montana-assault.html) several years ago when he was playing for WOU. But then he (and the team) started doing terrible* and I felt bad :(

*not taking credit

Apphole
August 22nd, 2013, 04:39 PM
Similar to Brent Russell unfortunately

Eh... Better player, less stupid after a few cold ones IMO. Not the latter is saying much.

mountaineer in Cane Land
August 22nd, 2013, 05:24 PM
earlier today we were having a spirited debate with some North Dakota fans about who had the better wide receiver corp, I proudly defended App as the best.... I would like to change my vote.

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 22nd, 2013, 05:42 PM
This calls for a suspension from "Black Saturday" if you ask me. Send a message to the players, Satterfield!

Apphole
August 22nd, 2013, 05:43 PM
This calls for a suspension from "Black Saturday" if you ask me. Send a message to the players, Satterfield!

We'll would still light up your secondary with Price in street clothes. Just sayin'

eaglewraith
August 22nd, 2013, 05:59 PM
We'll would still light up your secondary with Price in street clothes. Just sayin'

We put up almost 400 yards rushing without Swope. Just saying.

Apphole
August 22nd, 2013, 06:24 PM
We put up almost 400 yards rushing without Swope. Just saying.

We win the game. Ju... you get the idea.

T-Dog
August 22nd, 2013, 07:40 PM
Officially official

Two Appalachian State University football student-athletes will serve suspensions for rules violations. Reserve quarterback Kalik Barnes has been suspended indefinitely from all team activities due to a violation of NCAA rules. Wide receiver Sean Price has been suspended for an undetermined number of games for a violation of team rules.

"We hold our student-athletes to high standards as representatives of our program, our University and our community," head coach Scott Satterfield said. "The decisions that Kalik and Sean made did not meet those standards and, therefore, there are consequences. Sean's suspension comes with a number of conditions that have to be met, not the least of which is re-earning the trust of the University, the community and his coaches and teammates. We hope that he will meet these conditions and be able to return to the field at some point in the future."

"I'd like to say 'I'm sorry' to my teammates and coaches, (Appalachian State Chancellor) Dr. (Kenneth) Peacock and the campus and local communities for the ill-advised decisions that I made that led to my suspension," Price said. "My actions were ill-advised and immature and don't reflect how I want to represent my team and my school. I hope to have the opportunity to return to the field and represent Appalachian State in a positive way."

CID1990
August 22nd, 2013, 07:59 PM
Hmm.

Perusing the ASU schedule, it doesn't appear they will really need him all that badly for the first few weeks of the season with the exception of against Montana.

T-Dog
August 22nd, 2013, 08:07 PM
The good news is that we got some talented receivers like Andrew Peacock, Tony Washington, Malachi Jones and Simms McElfresh. However, we can't replace 6'5".

Accelerati Incredibilus
August 22nd, 2013, 08:16 PM
The App's can win at Montana without Price. Of course they will miss him, but there is still enough talented WR's to cause the Griz some serious headaches. I hope Satterfield sends a big time message to the team with this deal. Scott has been adamant he wasn't going to put up with any foolishness. It's now time for him to make good on those promises.

Bisonator
August 22nd, 2013, 08:23 PM
A college kid got arrested for drunk and disorderly? Say it ain't so. xwhistlex

What did the other kid do?

Mr. C
August 22nd, 2013, 08:29 PM
Normally if a guy coming has some sort of charges etc. say like a domestic abuse or something then some of the chicks would blacken their eyes and have a male counterpart wearing a wife beater etc.

The only way to mimic what Price got in trouble for would be what the Griz fans will already be doing anyway so it would be tough to tell who was pulling his leg.

Sucks though. When I heard about this a couple days ago I replied to the feller that I never liked to see a team come in at anything less than full strength.

Remind me to share some Sean Price quotes on Montana about the Griz pass defense.

eaglewraith
August 22nd, 2013, 09:25 PM
We win the game. Ju... you get the idea.

You're lucky we didn't have a kicker last year.

Apphole
August 22nd, 2013, 09:30 PM
You're lucky we didn't have a kicker last year.

Yeah...and you're lucky we didn't have Peyton Manning. Who you have is who you have.

IBleedYellow
August 22nd, 2013, 10:10 PM
Always sucks to see this. College kids will be college kids, but still, you can get drunk and be respectful, to an extent...

Galaxy S4

Apps03
August 22nd, 2013, 10:23 PM
Remind me to share some Sean Price quotes on Montana about the Griz pass defense.

I'd love to hear/read these quotes...

Thundar
August 22nd, 2013, 10:26 PM
well I guess this means UND will have the best WR's in all football now

PaladinFan
August 23rd, 2013, 05:40 AM
Happens to every program, but you can't help but think Price's immaturity (like that of many college athletes) is going to cost him actual money one day.

Saint3333
August 23rd, 2013, 07:59 AM
Yep this kid is border line 1st round pick talent, but these issues will cost him a round if not two. Kudos to Scott for his reaction to the situation. No one player is bigger than the program.

F'N Hawks
August 23rd, 2013, 08:14 AM
Since when is getting drunk, arrested, and embarassing the program a suspendable offense?

kdinva
August 23rd, 2013, 09:09 AM

Just like @ Liberty.

ASUMountaineer
August 23rd, 2013, 09:58 AM
http://www.hcpress.com/news/crime-reports-every-wednesday-weekly-reports-from-the-watauga-county-sheriffs-office-and-boone-pd-aug-12-to-aug-20.html

http://www.yosefscabin.com/sean-price-arrested-likely-to-be-suspended/

Drunk and Disruptive. How many games will Coach Satterfield suspend him for? Price was suspended for two games last season by former Coach Jerry Moore.

This is some serious fapping action for you...kudos!

Waco Kid
August 23rd, 2013, 10:36 AM
It will definitely be a blow to lose him, but he has to learn his lesson. I'd say he will be out at least 4 games, and maybe as many as 6. Luckily, if there was one position on the team we could afford to lose a player (even the best at the position) it is WR.

PaladinFan
August 23rd, 2013, 10:38 AM
It will definitely be a blow to lose him, but he has to learn his lesson. I'd say he will be out at least 4 games, and maybe as many as 6. Luckily, if there was one position on the team we could afford to lose a player (even the best at the position) it is WR.

I'm sure the depth is there. There's always a bump when you lose a good player at any position. They can withstand the loss, but they are not without him as they are with him.

F'N Hawks
August 23rd, 2013, 10:38 AM
4-6 games? That seems a bit steep.

NDSU just had a player do essentially the exact same thing but with 10x the publicity and they are not even considering a suspension at all. He is playing Game 1.

I would say 1-2 games max for something as minor as that.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2013, 10:39 AM

From what I got it was a 2 game suspension. Anyone else have that or something different.

darell1976
August 23rd, 2013, 10:46 AM
4-6 games? That seems a bit steep.

NDSU just had a player do essentially the exact same thing but with 10x the publicity and they are not even considering a suspension at all. He is playing Game 1.
I would say 1-2 games max for something as minor as that.

I thought they suspended him for Game 1 even though he is injured and wouldn't play anyways.

F'N Hawks
August 23rd, 2013, 10:48 AM
I thought they suspended him for Game 1 even though he is injured and wouldn't play anyways.

Isn't that the defensive lineman?

Professor Chaos
August 23rd, 2013, 10:52 AM
Travis Beck officially is still under suspension although he is allowed to practice. It looks like he will be reinstated and will play at K State if healthy (he's dealing with a shoulder injury). Leevon Perry is suspended for the K State game because of a DUI conviction over the offseason. He may or may not have been healthy enough to play even if he wasn't suspended.

If you want to start a flame war over it start a new thread. Back to regularly scheduled programming on this one.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 23rd, 2013, 10:58 AM
Travis Beck officially is still under suspension although he is allowed to practice. It looks like he will be reinstated and will play at K State if healthy (he's dealing with a shoulder injury). Leevon Perry is suspended for the K State game because of a DUI conviction over the offseason. He may or may not have been healthy enough to play even if he wasn't suspended.

If you want to start a flame war over it start a new thread. Back to regularly scheduled programming on this one.

I never block anyone but it's just exhausting watching the UNDies constantly gin up this stuff about NDSU. Everyone that saw the Beck video knows what happened. Poor kid was drunk and minding his own business.

Kind of like what Darell does to every thread.

F'N Hawks
August 23rd, 2013, 10:59 AM

Thanks for the clarification. Like I said, Price getting two games (as somebody stated) seems a bit steep but whatever.

What is Beck suspended from if he is still practicing and playing in game 1? Seems like more of a probation thing.

Bisonator
August 23rd, 2013, 11:07 AM

Seriously? For a drunk and disorderly? Was this his first offense?

smallcollegefbfan
August 23rd, 2013, 11:11 AM

I'm with you. This is the second offense. A message should be sent here. Anything less than 2 games is not enough and to me he should have one more shot. This stuff is why I don't like hearing people on message boards or in the media hype a player as the next coming so early because so much can happen. A year from now he could be kicked off the team, playing in D2, and be lucky to get a shot after the draft with a long history of trouble. I hope he matures and this doesn't happen again. This is a great chance for Scott to show us if he is like the Gamecocks and suspends based on how good you are or if he has a blanket policy and he is going to keep control of his football team. If he lets star players run rampant and do whatever they want he won't last too long at App unless he is winning the Sun Belt every year. I think he will do the right thing and send a message here though, especially with it being a second offense for Price.

smallcollegefbfan
August 23rd, 2013, 11:12 AM
Seriously? For a drunk and disorderly? Was this his first offense?

Second offense. I believe if you are hard on players who get arrested that younger players will see it's not tolerated and know not to be stupid. I think 2-3 games is very fair and should be done to send a message here. Being tougher on Price now may help him mature enough that this doesn't happen in the future and ensures the bright future he has the potential for.

PaladinFan
August 23rd, 2013, 11:14 AM
I'm with you. This is the second offense. A message should be sent here. Anything less than 2 games is not enough and to me he should have one more shot. This stuff is why I don't like hearing people on message boards or in the media hype a player as the next coming so early because so much can happen. A year from now he could be kicked off the team, playing in D2, and be lucky to get a shot after the draft with a long history of trouble. I hope he matures and this doesn't happen again. This is a great chance for Scott to show us if he is like the Gamecocks and suspends based on how good you are or if he has a blanket policy and he is going to keep control of his football team. If he lets star players run rampant and do whatever they want he won't last too long at App unless he is winning the Sun Belt every year. I think he will do the right thing and send a message here though, especially with it being a second offense for Price.

Funny you should say that. Read an article on Isaiah Crowell yesterday.

F'N Hawks
August 23rd, 2013, 11:15 AM
Second offense. I believe if you are hard on players who get arrested that younger players will see it's not tolerated and know not to be stupid. I think 2-3 games is very fair and should be done to send a message here. Being tougher on Price now may help him mature enough that this doesn't happen in the future and ensures the bright future he has the potential for.

Hard to argue with anything you said - good policy to have. Kid has a huge future in front of him.

smallcollegefbfan
August 23rd, 2013, 11:19 AM
Yep this kid is border line 1st round pick talent, but these issues will cost him a round if not two. Kudos to Scott for his reaction to the situation. No one player is bigger than the program.

Price has a long way to go before scouts and myself give him a first round grade. I have him as a 5th rounder right now if he were to come out. Potential is there but he would not go in the first round if the 2014 draft were today and he declared. He might not get drafted after this unless he lit up the combine. Scouts really downgrade small schoolers with character concerns, which was shown this year with former SEC stud Montori Hughes who had 2nd-3rd round grades and went in the 5th round.

WeAreNorthDakota
August 23rd, 2013, 11:20 AM
Hmm.

Perusing the ASU schedule, it doesn't appear they will really need him all that badly for the first few weeks of the season with the exception of against Montana.

I apologize if this isn't what you're saying but I'll never understand why opposing fans rag on programs for suspending their players for the cupcake first few games. Suspensions should always be for the games that are coming up. More of these things happen in the offseason and teams tend to not play their toughest games right out of the gate. It's convenient but it would be completely nonsensical for a coach to come out and say that their first two games aren't important enough to fit so and so player's transgressions so we're going to suspend him for just the Georgia Southern and Chattanooga games because that'll really teach him a lesson! Nonsense.

smallcollegefbfan
August 23rd, 2013, 11:20 AM
Funny you should say that. Read an article on Isaiah Crowell yesterday.

Exactly. There is talk around the NFL that he may declare early. He was not in shape early last year but I expect him to have a huge year in 2013. If he doesn't, it's his fault. He's got the talent to do it!

theasushow
August 23rd, 2013, 11:22 AM
I certainly think a suspension is warranted, especially since it is his second offense...but 4-6 games for a D&D?? I imagine half the posters on this board have done stuff in the past that could warrant a drunk and disorderly. Yes he should know better, and he obviously has some serious growing up to do, but this isnt a major offense. Virigina Tech's kicked was charged with a ROBBERY 2 years ago and he got a one game suspension....PJ Hairston has been tied to numerous illegal/questionable (much more serious) activities at Carolina, and the rumors are he will get around 4-5 games, and they play a 30 game schedule.

smallcollegefbfan
August 23rd, 2013, 11:25 AM
I certainly think a suspension is warranted, especially since it is his second offense...but 4-6 games for a D&D?? I imagine half the posters on this board have done stuff in the past that could warrant a drunk and disorderly. Yes he should know better, and he obviously has some serious growing up to do, but this isnt a major offense. Virigina Tech's kicked was charged with a ROBBERY 2 years ago and he got a one game suspension....PJ Hairston has been tied to numerous illegal/questionable (much more serious) activities at Carolina, and the rumors are he will get around 4-5 games, and they play a 30 game schedule.

I'm with you that 4-6 is too many but 2-3 is warranted. He should miss the first two games, regardless of who they play, and then move on from it. Teaching him the lesson is important and then to move on and make sure this stuff does not keep happening. Scott already has pressure on him to win at least 9-10 games this year and he doesn't need that along with players acting up and him having to suspend stars. Hopefully this doesn't keep happening to App or any program. I see these immature players with all this talent and sometimes wonder why they were given all that ability and not some of us with our head on straight! lol

Professor Chaos
August 23rd, 2013, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the clarification. Like I said, Price getting two games (as somebody stated) seems a bit steep but whatever.

What is Beck suspended from if he is still practicing and playing in game 1? Seems like more of a probation thing.
Good question. Suspended from "team activities" was the phrase they used while saying he is allowed to practice. I didn't notice but I'm guessing he wasn't signing autographs at fan day on Tuesday (most would probably consider that a reward though) so maybe that's the type of activities they're referring to.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2013, 12:41 PM
I never block anyone but it's just exhausting watching the UNDies constantly gin up this stuff about NDSU. Everyone that saw the Beck video knows what happened. Poor kid was drunk and minding his own business.

I don't think Sioux was using it that way but more of an astonished look at the 4-6 games thing considering that Beck had been through something similar (completely innocent however) as a comparison. darrell was trying to be a smarmy UND fan I can feel ya on that one. Trying to use Beck as any sort of point at the bad guy is ludicrous.

But for what it's worth I think you'll see some smart ass cracks from a Cat fan about the Griz as well. It's tough when you can't shake the shadow of you big brother so just smile and nod once in a while.

Anyone with a "holier than thou" attitude on these matters will soon look like quite the lack of integrity dick anyways most likely.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 23rd, 2013, 12:45 PM
I don't think Sioux was using it that way but more of an astonished look at the 4-6 games thing considering that Beck had been through something similar (completely innocent however) as a comparison. darrell was trying to be a smarmy UND fan I can feel ya on that one. Trying to use Beck as any sort of point at the bad guy is ludicrous.

But for what it's worth I think you'll see some smart ass cracks from a Cat fan about the Griz as well. It's tough when you can't shake the shadow of you big brother so just smile and nod once in a while.

Anyone with a "holier than thou" attitude on these matters will soon look like quite the lack of integrity dick anyways most likely.

Don't know whether you've seen it or not but for some reason the K-State fans are painting Bohl with the Tom Osborne brush with the Beck situation. Same thing with the petition scandal last year.

Didn't know that measured responses were so out of fashion.

SpeedkingATL
August 23rd, 2013, 01:15 PM
Price will likely be suspended for 2 to 4 games and it's a shame because he can do things with his height that no other App receiver can do. No other receiver on the roster makes the catch he made to win the game at Samford last year. The point spread for the Montana game should swing by 4 or 5 points with his suspension.

UNDColorado
August 23rd, 2013, 02:31 PM

I agree, Beck totally got baited into that situation. The media totally blew this out of proportion.

ThompsonThe
August 23rd, 2013, 07:45 PM
App State always seems to suspend more players than just about anyone. Last year half the defense seemed like it was suspended, as well as Price for two games. Six games is extreme to me for not hurting anyone, except himself. Being drunk and stupid is bad enough, just glad he was walking and not driving. Most important thing is the young man himself. Hope he isn't an alcoholic at his age, but if so they get him some help.

Appaholic
August 23rd, 2013, 08:35 PM
Price will likely be suspended for 2 to 4 games and it's a shame because he can do things with his height that no other App receiver can do. No other receiver on the roster makes the catch he made to win the game at Samford last year. The point spread for the Montana game should swing by 4 or 5 points with his suspension.

Agree. With Price 31-14. Without Price 28-17.

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 23rd, 2013, 08:59 PM

In our game last year Price wasn't able to get any separation from Valdon Cooper but there were at least two plays where he jumped half a mile into the air and the 5'11" Cooper couldn't do anything. Price basically won the game for you against GSU as well.

theasushow
August 23rd, 2013, 10:27 PM
http://www2.wataugademocrat.com/News/story/UPDATE-ASUs-Sean-Price-suspended-after-arrest-id-012330

WOW...his behavior way worse than I thought. Has been suspended for an UNDETERMINED amount of games. Taunting the cops because they "didnt say please" when asking him to get out of the car, racial slurs, complained that jail shoes were "bad for his ankles"...what a dick.

AppMan
August 23rd, 2013, 10:37 PM

Sean Price has become an absolute embarrassment to Appalachian. As an alumnus I am sickened by his arrogant attitude, lack of respect for authority and total disrespect for his teammates and coaches. I was told the real story of what happened and have been waiting on it to come out. This shows the true character of a player who seems to have everyone snowed. Quite frankly I'm surprised he is still in school. It is my understanding he is fractions of a point away from being placed on academic probation and only managed to pass one class last fall. His entitlement attitude and racist remarks are intolerable. Since this is his second suspension I'm not sure 4-6 games is enough. He needs to sit a long time and only be allowed to return after he regains the respect of his teammates and is worthy of wearing the Black & Gold.

theasushow
August 23rd, 2013, 10:50 PM
Sean Price has become an absolute embarrassment to Appalachian. As an alumnus I am sickened by his arrogant attitude, lack of respect for authority and total disrespect for his teammates and coaches. I was told the real story of what happened and have been waiting on it to come out. This shows the true character of a player who seems to have everyone snowed. Quite frankly I'm surprised he is still in school. It is my understanding he is fractions of a point away from being placed on academic probation and only managed to pass one class last fall. His entitlement attitude and racist remarks are intolerable. Since this is his second suspension I'm not sure 4-6 games is enough. He needs to sit a long time and only be allowed to return after he regains the respect of his teammates and is worthy of wearing the Black & Gold.

Yea, I live and breath ASU, but I just read (and posted) the article from the Wataugua Democrat. I wrongfully assumed it was a case where he had too much to drink and started mouthing off to other people, causing a scene, etc. Knowing now that he made a complete mockery of Police and acted like a complete ass totally changes my opinion of the situation. Satterfield is going to give this d-bag a serious reality check. Never take the Brian Quick-types for granted.

eaglewraith
August 24th, 2013, 11:03 AM
http://markleeis.me/images/posts/boy-that-escalated-quickly-1.png

seantaylor
August 26th, 2013, 03:14 AM
He should be kicked off the team for his racist comments alone. If this was a white player, he would have been gone before the first syllable left his mouth. Can't stand the double standard when it comes to race. This from the most liberal poster on this board, besides wraith, of course.

mvemjsunpx
August 26th, 2013, 04:17 AM
Agree. With Price 31-14. Without Price 28-17.

So, the Griz would get an easier win with Price in than with him out? That doesn't make much sense; is he that bad? xconfusedx

xrotatehx

eaglewraith
August 26th, 2013, 06:09 AM
He should be kicked off the team for his racist comments alone. If this was a white player, he would have been gone before the first syllable left his mouth. Can't stand the double standard when it comes to race. This from the most liberal poster on this board, besides wraith, of course.

lolwut

Although I must agree on the double standard. That will never change though unfortunately.

PaladinFan
August 26th, 2013, 07:17 AM
I'm always on the fence about these things. I think everyone deserves a second chance, but there would be plenty of college football programs that would have likely dismissed him from the team by now.

Bisonator
August 26th, 2013, 07:47 AM
http://www2.wataugademocrat.com/News/story/UPDATE-ASUs-Sean-Price-suspended-after-arrest-id-012330

WOW...his behavior way worse than I thought. Has been suspended for an UNDETERMINED amount of games. Taunting the cops because they "didnt say please" when asking him to get out of the car, racial slurs, complained that jail shoes were "bad for his ankles"...what a dick.

If what is in that article is true, then I guess 4-6 games(at least) is warranted. Some guys just can't handle their liquor! xnonono2x

eaglewraith
August 26th, 2013, 07:53 AM
If what is in that article is true, then I guess 4-6 games(at least) is warranted. Some guys just can't handle their liquor! xnonono2x

.12 isn't in the realm of losing cognitive function. He knew exactly what he was doing.

AppMan
August 26th, 2013, 07:55 AM
I'm always on the fence about these things. I think everyone deserves a second chance, but there would be plenty of college football programs that would have likely dismissed him from the team by now.

The way I see it this WAS his second chance. The 2 game suspension last season was for a NCAA violation. Don't know how long Satterfield will put up with his nonsense.

Bisonator
August 26th, 2013, 07:57 AM
.12 isn't in the realm of losing cognitive function. He knew exactly what he was doing.

That may be, but some people can pass out at .12 too. Everybody is different, just sayin....

He effed up big time no question!

PaladinFan
August 26th, 2013, 08:20 AM
The way I see it this WAS his second chance. The 2 game suspension last season was for a NCAA violation. Don't know how long Satterfield will put up with his nonsense.

Right. It really appears to be up to Satterfield. How does he want to run his program?

smallcollegefbfan
August 26th, 2013, 08:25 AM

I'm told he came to App because there was a character flag on him in high school, thus why he did not go to a BCS program. App brought him in just to give him a shot. Funny how some App fans were talking 1st-3rd round on him over the last few months but unless he completely changes his attitude he will never play a down in the NFL and doesn't deserve to at this point.

ASUMountaineer
August 26th, 2013, 09:34 AM
I'm told he came to App because there was a character flag on him in high school, thus why he did not go to a BCS program. App brought him in just to give him a shot. Funny how some App fans were talking 1st-3rd round on him over the last few months but unless he completely changes his attitude he will never play a down in the NFL and doesn't deserve to at this point.

Seems more sad than funny to me. xsmhx

ChiefGSU275
August 26th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Upon arriving at the magistrate's office, Price would not exit the patrol car "because no one said 'please,'" the report states.

That made me chuckle.

theasushow
August 26th, 2013, 10:51 AM
That made me chuckle.

Police: "exit the car"
Price: "no"
Police: "Exit the car now!!!"
Price: "You have to say please first"
Police draws tazer.
Price exits car.

PaladinFan
August 26th, 2013, 11:17 AM

Some guys manage to stick in the NFL because even though they are knuckleheads, they are just that much better than everyone else. Price is not one of those players.

ASUMountaineer
August 26th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Some guys manage to stick in the NFL because even though they are knuckleheads, they are just that much better than everyone else. Price is not one of those players.

Most sophomores aren't. The few sophomores that are that talented, you are dead right on.