PDA

View Full Version : Jax State over SEMO, Tenn. State wins in OT

JaxSinfonian
September 16th, 2006, 09:25 PM
Just got in from celebrating Jax State's victory over Southeast Missouri. The Gamecocks had 473 yards total offense, 303 on the ground. 120 of that was from from Payton-award nominee Clay Green. Fullback Daniel Jackson had another 77, and true freshman running back Shawn Green (no relation to Clay) had 71. JSU's defense looked very solid, holding SEMO to just 163 yards of offense.

SEMO punter David Simonhoff continues to amaze me. He averaged 51.2 yards. Fortunately some great returns gave JSU good field position all day, but Simonhoff needs to be playing on Sundays soon.

Got in just in time to see Tennessee State win on a two-point conversion in OT to beat Jackson State. Go Tigers!

Mixed day for the OVC. Tough loss for EKU. Hopefully EIU can pull ahead. Good wins for UT-Martin and Murray State.

JaxSinfonian
September 16th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Did anyone see the Jax State-SEMO game on CSS? How was the broadcast?

Excellent crowd at Paul Snow, 13,862.

tsutiger
September 16th, 2006, 09:56 PM
I watched it. Looked good to me.

Golden Eagle
September 16th, 2006, 10:31 PM
Nice, very nice.

nothingbutjsu
September 17th, 2006, 03:40 AM
It was a VERY hot day at Paul Snow. The game was fun to watch. JSU seemed to be clicking on all gears. Reminded me a lot of the 2004 team.

Congrats to TSU on their big win over Jackson St. Saw the end of it on TV.

I listened to South Carolina and Wofford on my Siruis on the way home from the Jax St game. The Terries about pulled off the upset."Anygivensaturday"

OBTW, South Carolina has the worst play-by-play man on the face of the earth.