PDA

View Full Version : what are you seeing from your FBS opponents?

NoDak 4 Ever
August 21st, 2013, 08:58 AM
I'm going to chalk this one up to the Bison fan's over-exuberance but there is a metric **** ton of smack talk going on between some of our faithful and the Kansas State fans in the lead up to our game next week.

Are those of you playing FBS teams seeing the same thing? There are a couple boards that, even if we came up on them nicely, would still **** talk us and our school and even our state.

I mean really. I live in Kansas - it's just a warmer North Dakota.

BEAR
August 21st, 2013, 09:05 AM
Colorado fans have their game with us chalked up as a "W" and but yet they say they might win one or two more the whole year. They won ONE last year. They also make fun of the south and there is even a rogue hog fan on their board putting down the bears. Colorado is going to be a shocked town after our game with them. Just hope the elevation doesn't affect our players. Heard it does for most people who visit. But I've never been there so I have no idea.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 21st, 2013, 09:18 AM
Colorado fans have their game with us chalked up as a "W" and but yet they say they might win one or two more the whole year. They won ONE last year. They also make fun of the south and there is even a rogue hog fan on their board putting down the bears. Colorado is going to be a shocked town after our game with them. Just hope the elevation doesn't affect our players. Heard it does for most people who visit. But I've never been there so I have no idea.

Same here. KSU has traditionally struggled early with their FCS opponents, pouring it on late to win. They have no idea how big a punch in the mouth they are in for with NDSU.

EKU almost beat them 2 years ago with their team that was building towards a NC last year.

Bisonator
August 21st, 2013, 09:22 AM
Good old Lakes and JBB just seem to bring out the best in people. xlolx

I checked out that EMAW board once, good lord that is a steaming pile! xholyx

Hammerhead
August 21st, 2013, 09:30 AM
We heard the same thing from Colorado State fan last year, assuming NDSU would be an easy W for a team that is struggling.

I've posted a few times on a K-State board, must mostly stick to bisonville.com and good old AGS. :)

Professor Chaos
August 21st, 2013, 09:32 AM
I love it! Can't wait to go back and check out the defcon 1 status the K State posters will be in if the Bison pull off a win. It would be even more entertaining to read their excuses than it is to read their braggadocio. If anyone wants to see what we mean go to this thread (http://goemaw.com/forum/index.php?topic=28035.0) but be warned that there's about 25 LakesBisons from K State posting on it (and one from NDSU) so don't expect any shred of intelligence or censorship in their conversation.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 21st, 2013, 09:37 AM
I love it! Can't wait to go back and check out the defcon 1 status the K State posters will be in if the Bison pull off a win. It will be even more entertaining to read their excuses than it is to read their braggadocio. If anyone wants to see what we mean go to this thread (http://goemaw.com/forum/index.php?topic=28035.0) but be warned that there's about 25 LakesBisons from K State posting on it (and one from NDSU) so don't expect any shred of intelligence or censorship in their conversation.

I'm not even talking about the football smack. It's the weird Canada stuff and assuming ND is poor when they are 10x richer than broke ass KS.

UNDColorado
August 21st, 2013, 09:38 AM

I was at their loss to Sac St last year...hard to watch. UND went to Sac St the next week and rolled them. Point is CU is baaaad and you should beat them.

As far as the elevation goes...ample hydration and a little extra conditioning the week prior will go a long way.

Professor Chaos
August 21st, 2013, 09:39 AM
I'm not even talking about the football smack. It's the weird Canada stuff and assuming ND is poor when they are 10x richer than broke ass KS.
I was awfully tempted to join in the conversation to point out their horribly constructed smack but I couldn't bring myself to roll in the squalor that is that board, it's good entertainment to get you through to game day though. xlolx

My favorite though is the Bill Snyder Dance Machine youtube video that they think is so great (I won't link it here out of respect for the board - look it up if you're interested). I wonder how much weed you have to smoke before that actually seems like a good video.

Sam_Kats
August 21st, 2013, 09:42 AM
Playing a Top 5 FBS team with a reigning Heisman winner doesn't bode well for ANY FCS program. Sure wish we could have struck a deal with a 'beatable' FBS squad like KSU, CU, etc.

CrazyCat
August 21st, 2013, 09:43 AM
I've seen very little smack talk for the SMU game. It would only take one idiot on either side to change that though. Most teams have fans like that, some more than others.

knucklehead
August 21st, 2013, 09:47 AM
All I hear is chatter from our players and fans about stopping Kent St's Dri Archer. Big task, great Defense. we shall see.

Sammy94
August 21st, 2013, 09:47 AM
A&M saying they will beat us by at least 4 tds. I tend to agree.

pike51
August 21st, 2013, 09:50 AM
Nothing yet. We don't play Florida until our last game of the season. But I'm sure there will be some smack that week... there always is.

IBleedYellow
August 21st, 2013, 10:03 AM
I prefer to be of the mindset that is "Let the team do the talking."

Catatonic
August 21st, 2013, 10:06 AM
New Mexico State posters view their game with ACU as an auto-win. Some of their fans are grumbling about scheduling patsies. That's humiliating coming from a team ranked in the bottom 5 for FBS teams the past few years. We will only have 44 on scholarship this year and plan to redshirt most of our freshmen recruits, so they might be right.

Sammy94
August 21st, 2013, 10:39 AM
Sure wish we could have struck a deal with a 'beatable' FBS squad like KSU, CU, etc.

Sorry but we are money hungry. The big guys (SEC) pay more. Looks like it's a trip to Baton Rouge next year to face the Tigers.

CID1990
August 21st, 2013, 10:41 AM
I'm seeing tractors, silos, and easily deflowered innocent farm girls.

Catatonic
August 21st, 2013, 10:56 AM
I'm going to chalk this one up to the Bison fan's over-exuberance but there is a metric **** ton of smack talk going on between some of our faithful and the Kansas State fans in the lead up to our game next week.

Are those of you playing FBS teams seeing the same thing? There are a couple boards that, even if we came up on them nicely, would still **** talk us and our school and even our state.

You know you have "arrived" when a BCS opponent considers you smack talk worthy. Most BCS schools look at FCS games as sure wins. They speak, if they speak at all, of FCS schools in patronizing tones.

melloware13
August 21st, 2013, 11:00 AM
The Navy fans haven't seemed to post much, but this is the 17th meeting between the Hens and Mids (Navy leads 9-7). Anything I see has Navy winning, but some understand it could be close, while others expect it to be a cakewalk for them.

dewey
August 21st, 2013, 11:07 AM

That is funny that Colorado is assuming an easy win over UCA. I would be more surprised if UCA didn't win the game. Like others have said Colorad is BAD! I will be cheering for UCA to win that game.

Dewey

Tubakat2014
August 21st, 2013, 12:09 PM
Just checked TexAgs, couldn't find anything. They have more important things to worry about, like this (http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=2326701&forum_id=5).

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 21st, 2013, 12:19 PM
Temple fans are not thrilled with the game against Fordham. It should be a relatively easy win....

Tealblood
August 21st, 2013, 12:58 PM
Playing a Top 5 FBS team with a reigning Heisman winner doesn't bode well for ANY FCS program. Sure wish we could have struck a deal with a 'beatable' FBS squad like KSU, CU, etc.

Change reining Heisman to a favorite for the same award in our season finale

I don't like it

knucklehead
August 21st, 2013, 01:43 PM
Change reining Heisman to a favorite for the same award in our season finale

I don't like it

Yea we have a candidate for Heisman in our opener. Tough indeed.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 21st, 2013, 01:46 PM
Yea we have a candidate for Heisman in our opener. Tough indeed.

Our opener is forgetting they lost their Heisman candidate.

Catatonic
August 21st, 2013, 01:50 PM
Just checked TexAgs, couldn't find anything. They have more important things to worry about, like this (http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=2326701&forum_id=5).

"Kyle Field: Where the red fruit grows."

"War Damn Tomato"

"i will take thy tomato and squeeze thy juices and seeds upon thy chest, and lick it all off!!!"

Now that is some prime postin' right there.

bjtheflamesfan
August 21st, 2013, 01:55 PM
Looked for a Kent State board and didnt find anything about our game. May see something next week

NoDak 4 Ever
August 21st, 2013, 02:04 PM
I personally don't even care about the air of superiority. Yes, they have more scholarships, yes they have a larger school and probably should beat us but when you live in Manhattan, Kansas you have no room to **** talk anywhere in the world.

Except maybe Huntsville, TX

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/attachments/e39-m5-e52-z8-discussion/273354d1372826903-random-m5-pic-day-oh-snap.gif

Sammy94
August 21st, 2013, 02:14 PM

Hey now.

andy7171
August 21st, 2013, 02:23 PM
UConn fans are talking more trash than LSU did. I sure hope the huskies show up as flat as the purple tigers did.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 21st, 2013, 02:25 PM
Hey now.

Can't say that I've ever been there. North would I have occasion to. I'm curious to see what's so damn great about Manhattan. Probably nothing.

I ****ing LOVE Lawrence though. I'll be happy to live here forever.

MTfan4life
August 21st, 2013, 02:27 PM
Our opener is forgetting they lost their Heisman candidate.

It sounds like they are forgetting they rank in the bottom 5 of the FBS in amount of returning starters. (http://www.philsteele.com/Blogs/2013/JAN13/DBJan21.html)

As an outsider, I see NDSU as favored to win. Their defense is clearly dominant, while KState's D that sputtered down the stretch last season only returns 1 starter. I could see the Bison owning the TOP en route to a close win.

SpeedkingATL
August 21st, 2013, 02:28 PM
I live in Georgia and most Bulldogs fans haven't even given the Apps a second thought. Georgia opens with games against Clemson and South Carolina so they certainly aren't looking that far down the road. The one great thing about playing the Dawgs in November is that the Apps are scheduled between Florida and Auburn on their schedule so hopefully the Apps never appear on their radar and they will be supremely overconfident. Certainly could be considered a trap game if UGA is undefeated and coming off a victory over the Gators at the outdoor cocktail party in Jacksonville. It remains to be seen if App has the firepower to make it a trap game.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 21st, 2013, 02:31 PM
It sounds like they are forgetting they rank in the bottom 5 of the FBS in amount of returning starters. (http://www.philsteele.com/Blogs/2013/JAN13/DBJan21.html)

As an outsider, I see NDSU as favored to win. Their defense is clearly dominant, while KState's D that sputtered down the stretch last season only returns 1 starter. I could see the Bison owning the TOP en route to a close win.

I can tell you, I have never had a FBS game where I expected the Bison to win. That's just the odds. They are always in the favor of the FBS team. This one is no different. I can actually say the same thing about the first NC game. I didn't expect them to win but when I saw there was a chance, it was just the best feeling ever.

I don't expect NDSU to beat K-State but I expect them to leave a hell of a mark. If they win, I may not make it out of Manhattan alive.

Bisonator
August 21st, 2013, 02:41 PM
I can tell you, I have never had a FBS game where I expected the Bison to win. That's just the odds. They are always in the favor of the FBS team. This one is no different. I can actually say the same thing about the first NC game. I didn't expect them to win but when I saw there was a chance, it was just the best feeling ever.

I don't expect NDSU to beat K-State but I expect them to leave a hell of a mark. If they win, I may not make it out of Manhattan alive.

Surely you expected the Bison to beat Colorado State last year? I sure did.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 21st, 2013, 02:56 PM
Surely you expected the Bison to beat Colorado State last year? I sure did.

I thought it was 50/50 at best. When they hit that early TD, I thought it was going downhill. They have lost to Wyoming, ISU, and should have lost to KU. Those are more typical of FCS/FBS games than the CMU or the CSU game.

BlueHenSinfonian
August 21st, 2013, 03:00 PM
The Navy fans haven't seemed to post much, but this is the 17th meeting between the Hens and Mids (Navy leads 9-7). Anything I see has Navy winning, but some understand it could be close, while others expect it to be a cakewalk for them.

I'm not predicting a win for us, but it'll be the first real test of the caliber of the team coming off of Jacksonville and Del State.

I'm guessing we'll see more of our the offense can handle a strong defense than any real test of the defense in the game - I'm assuming that Brock isn't going to spend a lot of time preparing the team to defend the option since we could easily go the rest of the year without seeing it again.

Bisonator
August 21st, 2013, 03:03 PM
I thought it was 50/50 at best. When they hit that early TD, I thought it was going downhill. They have lost to Wyoming, ISU, and should have lost to KU. Those are more typical of FCS/FBS games than the CMU or the CSU game.

Really, CSU has been terrible for awhile, had a new coaching staff, heck they were having open tryouts!

Silenoz
August 21st, 2013, 03:05 PM
We don't have an FBS game, but we're giving our DII opponent about as much respect as your FBS opponents are giving you

BEAR
August 21st, 2013, 03:06 PM
I'm gonna catch that CSU v. CU game to see what to expect before my flight up there.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 21st, 2013, 03:07 PM
We don't have an FBS game, but we're giving our DII opponent about as much respect as your FBS opponents are giving you

I think we're giving our DII opponent way more respect than our FBS opponent is giving us and we are way closer to K State than Ferris State is to us.

knucklehead
August 21st, 2013, 03:09 PM
Looked for a Kent State board and didnt find anything about our game. May see something next week

Their Board seems a bit.....DEAD!

SU DOG
August 21st, 2013, 04:11 PM
Strange to me, but the folks at Georgia State are assuring each other that the Panthers offense is too big for, what they perceive, as a small Samford front 7. They call our defensive front a typical small FCS unit, that they should be able to easily move. They have not only posted this, but also repeated it in a podcast yesterday. I'm not saying we have SEC size with our defensive front, BUT Samford is not known to be little in this area, and IMO, we still aren't. Our 2 tackles and stud(strong side end) range from 290-309 lbs. The weak side(Rush) DE in our 4-3 will be lighter(6-4, 227), but that is completely adequate for his role. Not sure just which LBs will start, but they range from 204-233, which is kinda average. BTW, these are all experienced and really good players. I do expect a much improved GA State Team, but I am 100% convinced that their offense will not be able to manhandle our D-front like they are saying.

Tribe4SF
August 21st, 2013, 04:44 PM
West Virginia fans have been hospitable, and respectful of W&M's history in FBS games. Looking forward to my first game visit to Morgantown.

grayghost06
August 21st, 2013, 04:49 PM
Strange to me, but the folks at Georgia State are assuring each other that the Panthers offense is too big for, what they perceive, as a small Samford front 7. They call our defensive front a typical small FCS unit, that they should be able to easily move. They have not only posted this, but also repeated it in a podcast yesterday. I'm not saying we have SEC size with our defensive front, BUT Samford is not known to be little in this area, and IMO, we still aren't. Our 2 tackles and stud(strong side end) range from 290-309 lbs. The weak side(Rush) DE in our 4-3 will be lighter(6-4, 227), but that is completely adequate for his role. Not sure just which LBs will start, but they range from 204-233, which is kinda average. BTW, these are all experienced and really good players. I do expect a much improved GA State Team, but I am 100% convinced that their offense will not be able to manhandle our D-front like they are saying.

Pretty bold talk for a team that's a 3 touchdown underdog. GA State's going to have a rough year.

bojeta
August 21st, 2013, 04:57 PM
Colorado State fans are already picking our game as a sure W. This from a team that lost 45-31 to Wyoming whom we beat last year. I can't gaurantee a W for Cal Poly, but I sure wouldn't be a cocky Ram right now lol... Haven't checked on the Fresno State forums yet.

Grizalltheway
August 21st, 2013, 05:25 PM

Man, I remember the same thing coming from UNI fans before our last playoff game. I mean, seriously, we're supposed to be jealous of your corn, pigs, and...and...xdontknowx

Apphole
August 21st, 2013, 05:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etMlNW5w-50

skinny_uncle
August 22nd, 2013, 03:39 AM
There are Illini fans that hope they lose to us. They see it as speeding up the firing of their coach. How sad is that?

Nickels
August 22nd, 2013, 03:42 AM
There are Illini fans that hope they lose to us. They see it as speeding up the firing of their coach. How sad is that?
Not as sad as being an EWU fan.

coover
August 22nd, 2013, 04:01 AM
Colorado State fans are already picking our game as a sure W. This from a team that lost 45-31 to Wyoming whom we beat last year. I can't gaurantee a W for Cal Poly, but I sure wouldn't be a cocky Ram right now lol... Haven't checked on the Fresno State forums yet. Colorado State needs to improve immensely from last year to beat Poly. Poly plays FBS very well, and goes in with no intention of losing. Fresno State should be much better than Colorado State but "those bow wows we'll knock to their knees, hi! ki! yi!"

tourguide
August 22nd, 2013, 05:51 AM

You obviously didnt make the trip to Cheney, WA. Aberdeen, SD is a Mecca compared to that place

The message board smack talk was interesting. I was more fending off the twitter attacks and dishing them back myself. Here is an interesting back and forth. Fitzgerald runs gopowercat thru Rivals.

https://twitter.com/MjLimoges/status/369327835447443457

Anyways Obarski got it from every angle of KSU craziness, with many piling on calling a former collegiate athlete fat.

Had some other back and forths and surprised when I would see recruits chiming in out of no where. Yet every KSU smack talk I saw was from KSU fans, even though their Rivals guys were spouting off quite often.

Twentysix
August 22nd, 2013, 07:33 AM
Colorado State fans are already picking our game as a sure W. This from a team that lost 45-31 to Wyoming whom we beat last year. I can't gaurantee a W for Cal Poly, but I sure wouldn't be a cocky Ram right now lol... Haven't checked on the Fresno State forums yet.

Not to mention Colorado State was manhandled by an FCS team last year.

Twentysix
August 22nd, 2013, 07:33 AM
Man, I remember the same thing coming from UNI fans before our last playoff game. I mean, seriously, we're supposed to be jealous of your corn, pigs, and...and...xdontknowx

West Montana > all of iowa

KUlawJack
August 22nd, 2013, 08:55 AM
Can't say that I've ever been there. North would I have occasion to. I'm curious to see what's so damn great about Manhattan. Probably nothing.

I ****ing LOVE Lawrence though. I'll be happy to live here forever.

You are right. Manhattan is a ****box.

I loved living in Lawrence as well. Amazing town. I try to go back at least a couple times a year.

I'm obviously unbiased regarding Manhattan.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 22nd, 2013, 09:07 AM
You are right. Manhattan is a ****box.

I loved living in Lawrence as well. Amazing town. I try to go back at least a couple times a year.

I'm obviously unbiased regarding Manhattan.

I'm pretty sure that will be my assessment as well. I have no particular affinity for KU or KSU save for KU paying a large portion of my family income. I'll be interested to see what this "amazing town" and "beautiful campus" entails.....I doubt I'll be particularly impressed.

IBleedYellow
August 22nd, 2013, 10:10 AM
8 Days.

lionsrking2
August 22nd, 2013, 10:14 AM
What we're seeing from TCU is a $500K check. Otherwise, I don't think they're much worried about the ole Lions.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 22nd, 2013, 10:47 AM
8 Days.

8 looooong days