PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Senior Bowl Watch List (FCS players)

lionsrking2
August 20th, 2013, 12:46 PM
The 2014 Senior Bowl Watch List was announced today ... I count 42 players from FCS schools if you include App/GSU/ODU as FCS.

31 FCS schools with players listed, eight schools with two players (Duquesne, ODU, Montana, Furman, SE Louisiana, Maine, App State, NDSU):

http://www.seniorbowl.com/watch-list-profiles.php?position=&conference=FCS&s_id=Any

BEAR
August 20th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Ah...the ever changing list.

Sycamore51
August 20th, 2013, 06:19 PM
How are Shakir Bell and FN Lutz not on this list?

lionsrking2
August 20th, 2013, 06:41 PM

This list is put together, primarily by Phil Savage, Executive Director of the Senior Bowl. He was formerly the GM of the Cleveland Browns and consults with NFL scouts as to who the top seniors are coming into the season. If someone is not on the list, it doesn't mean they're not on the radar, just not considered one of the top 400 or so at this time. Some will rise and some will fall as the season plays out.

Jiggs
August 20th, 2013, 06:46 PM
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/08/samford_running_back_fabian_tr.html#incart_river

Bam
August 20th, 2013, 07:27 PM
2 players from the Cumberlands. Give me a break!

Nickels
August 20th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Flanders not on the list either. He's been predicted to go 2nd-4th round. Not top 400 my ass.

smallcollegefbfan
August 21st, 2013, 08:33 AM

To follow up what he said in reply to you I talked with Phil and gave him a list of names and he put more FCS guys than I suggested. A few are a favor and several have draftable grades by the combine but to me are just free agent types. Lutz and Bell aren't considered close to the draft by the combine and I rejected Lutz and put a free agent grade on Bell. I don't think either will really get consideration for the game unless they really blow it up this year.

smallcollegefbfan
August 21st, 2013, 08:35 AM
2 players from the Cumberlands. Give me a break!

You haven't seen those two play. They are legit. The RB Cobb is a stud. He and the WR both had grade issues coming out. The WR is blazing fast but I will say I don't see him playing in the Senior Bowl. Cobb is a legit shot though.

smallcollegefbfan
August 21st, 2013, 08:36 AM
Flanders not on the list either. He's been predicted to go 2nd-4th round. Not top 400 my ass.

Who has him predicted as a 2nd-4th round pick? I can tell you right now that he is nowhere near the 2nd-4th round in the eyes of the teams, their scouting services, and I personally gave him a free agent grade. Could he get drafted late? Yes, I think so. He just isn't rated there right now. Don't be fooled by a couple of media websites rating a player high. I skimmed a few draft websites and the media is way off of what the NFL teams have right now.

smallcollegefbfan
August 21st, 2013, 08:37 AM
I'm waiting to hear from Chattownmocs on how crazy it is that no Mocs are on this list. Just like I told him a few months ago, none of them are draftable and McKinnon and the App duo both along with Dozier would make the list.

I think Zach Kerr, Caraun Reid, Julien David, Dakota Dozier, Todd Washington, Jordan Tripp, and Jeff Mathews are the best shots to get an invite at this point from FCS. There will obviously be a couple guys who really improve and move onto the draft board enough to get in.

knucklehead
August 21st, 2013, 09:43 AM
Yea, I'm excited for Liberty's Walt Aikens, but there is a long season ahead and a lot of work to do. These lists and polls are all preliminary and will change. That's why they play the games.

Grizalltheway
August 21st, 2013, 10:29 AM
Who has him predicted as a 2nd-4th round pick? I can tell you right now that he is nowhere near the 2nd-4th round in the eyes of the teams, their scouting services, and I personally gave him a free agent grade. Could he get drafted late? Yes, I think so. He just isn't rated there right now. Don't be fooled by a couple of media websites rating a player high. I skimmed a few draft websites and the media is way off of what the NFL teams have right now.

Clearly just Nickels' dumb azz.xcoffeex

Grizalltheway
August 21st, 2013, 10:30 AM
I'd be very surprised if Tripp doesn't play on Sundays. Any idea in what round he might go, SCFF?

knucklehead
August 21st, 2013, 10:50 AM
I'd be very surprised if Tripp doesn't play on Sundays. Any idea in what round he might go, SCFF?

I know we LU fans remember him from our "Tripp" to Missoula last year.

smallcollegefbfan
August 21st, 2013, 12:18 PM

Most scouts have him in the 7th-PFA range from the spring but I think he is better than that. If he stays healthy, I could see him going as high as the 4th or 5th round. He's better than your 7th round pick a couple years ago who went to Dallas.

Nickels
August 21st, 2013, 12:20 PM
Clearly just Nickels' dumb azz.xcoffeex
He looked pretty good against your ****ty D in a semifinal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUc6ndRV61Y

287 yards 11 avg xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Grizalltheway
August 21st, 2013, 12:38 PM

Yeah, until the second half when we figured out your gimmicky offense, which he won't be playing in in the NFL. And good luck to him against NFL defenses.

Nickels
August 21st, 2013, 12:42 PM
Yeah, until the second half when we figured out your gimmicky offense, which he won't be playing in in the NFL. And good luck to him against NFL defenses.
He had almost 100 yards in the second half and the game winning run. How did that ****ty defense figure it out again? I missed that part.

Are you one of those posters on CS claiming JJ will win the Heisman? xlolxxlolx

BEAR
August 21st, 2013, 12:43 PM

Yeah those highlights only showed him running up the middle..not too gimmicky on those runs. He must have played the option or something. We couldn't stop him either...he's a fast RB and will be in the pros even as a late pick or free agent.The kid has talent and continues to grow in his game. Sam will be unfriendly to the Bears this year...

smallcollegefbfan
August 21st, 2013, 12:53 PM

He's a good player, no doubt. I remember back when Adrian Peterson was coming out. Most GSU people kept saying he would go 3rd round and be a Pro Bowler but I had him as a 5th-6th round grade. He went in the 6th round and was a good backup just like most scouts projected he would. He's the best option RB I have ever seen in I-AA/FCS. If he is a 5th or 6th round caliber player, then Flanders is a 7th round or PFA type. That's not saying Flanders is bad because Peterson was a great FCS player but scouts want to see a step faster as well as see him block and catch more.

He will be competing with another small school option RB this year in Cobb from NAIA Cumberlands (KY). That kid is a FBS talent like Flanders and faster than him. I think Flanders is a better player but he's a 4.55-4.60 guy and NFL teams don't draft RBs who don't have big time speed higher than the 5th-7th round. If Adrian Peterson had ran a 4.50 or faster he would have been a 3rd round pick.

BEAR
August 21st, 2013, 01:06 PM
Yeah, but Flanders really made a name for himself with ESPN and the NFL with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nlG7RW1cCQ

andy7171
August 21st, 2013, 02:26 PM
Jordan Love is playing WR this year!?! Quality listing right there!

smallcollegefbfan
August 21st, 2013, 08:57 PM
Jordan Love is playing WR this year!?! Quality listing right there!

He's listed as a safety on the roster. I would project him as a CB in the NFL but if he does play WR this year then he will definitely add to his value being a guy who can play S, CB, and WR.