PDA

View Full Version : Early FCS Week 1 Lines

asucrutch23
August 20th, 2013, 12:21 PM
I was perusing FCS lines on 5dimes for week 1 and stumbled across a couple eye catchers:

I'll admit that I haven't followed Delaware or Jacksonville much but this line struck me as extremely odd:

Thu 8/29 411 Jacksonville -7½
7:30PM 412 Delaware +7½

Jacksonville more than a TD favorite AT the Tub?? This is the Jacksonville Dolphins we're talking about, not the Jaguars, right? xlolx

And here's another one. Surely the great Chattanooga Mocs with that vaunted defense should be 2 or 3 TD favorites against the UT-Martin Skyhawks? xdontknowx Not according to the oddsmakers:

Thu 8/29 409 Tennessee-Martin -5
7:00PM 410 Chattanooga +5

Yes, that's right. Martin a 5 point favorite in Chatty. Discuss.

CID1990
August 20th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Maybe they meant JSU?? Dunno but I'm just spitballing here.

I'd have to agree about the Chatty line, though. Shirley The Borg should be favored by several scores.

Cocky
August 20th, 2013, 12:51 PM
UTM will beat UTC by more than 7

melloware13
August 20th, 2013, 01:36 PM
I'm pretty sure that UD opened as 14 pt favorites in their game, and I haven't seen anything on our end to cause a 21 pt swing. I'd figure Jacksonville getting anything to cause that would have been reported, so I'll chalk it up as an error to take advantage of.

F'N Hawks
August 20th, 2013, 01:49 PM
That Jacksonville line is completely out of whack. I don't know who is betting on them but its seen alot of money coming in. Usually 5dimes moves a line 0.5 point for every $50 bet. Somebody is confusing their teams or something.

Another messed up line is Tennessee State +13 vs. Bethune Cookman at the Titans field. TSU beat them last year and is picked 2nd in the OVC yet the line moved 18 points in BC's favor. WTF? Maybe you OVC guys can chime in and help us out on that one.

asucrutch23
August 20th, 2013, 02:10 PM
That Jacksonville line is completely out of whack. I don't know who is betting on them but its seen alot of money coming in. Usually 5dimes moves a line 0.5 point for every $50 bet. Somebody is confusing their teams or something.

Another messed up line is Tennessee State +13 vs. Bethune Cookman at the Titans field. TSU beat them last year and is picked 2nd in the OVC yet the line moved 18 points in BC's favor. WTF? Maybe you OVC guys can chime in and help us out on that one.

Interestingly enough, I'm not seeing the Jacksonville-Delaware, UTC-UTM, or TSU-BC lines showing up anymore. 5dimes bookmakers read this forum and took them off the board?

F'N Hawks
August 20th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Interestingly enough, I'm not seeing the Jacksonville-Delaware, UTC-UTM, or TSU-BC lines showing up anymore. 5dimes bookmakers read this forum and took them off the board?

LOL. That is awesome, they literally just took them off within the last 5 minutes. They pulled the James Madison line a couple weeks ago after it yo-yo'd from -7 to -2 and back and forth for days.

They obviously have to read this forum because there was not that much action coming in on those games lately to pull them all the sudden. What are the odds they picked the exact two I laid out? Also, that Nooga line was whacked too. I should have mentioned it too.

F'N Hawks
August 20th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Also, they pulled the Missouri State +3 vs. Northwestern State line too, which was way off, IMO.

lionsrking2
August 20th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Also, they pulled the Missouri State +3 vs. Northwestern State line too, which was way off, IMO.

They also pulled Southeast Missouri at Southeastern Louisiana ... we were a 1-point favorite a couple of days ago.

Silenoz
August 20th, 2013, 03:24 PM
UTM winning would possibly be the greatest thing to ever happen

Southern Bison
August 20th, 2013, 03:57 PM
UTM winning would possibly be the greatest thing to ever happen

It'll be UT-M winning on the scoreboard but Chattownmocs will call it a win for UT-C because it was close or they led for part of the game. :D

344Johnson
August 20th, 2013, 04:06 PM
It'll be UT-M winning on the scoreboard but Chattownmocs will call it a win for UT-C because it was close or they led for part of the game. :D

Since they are a fellow Tennessee school he could always exchange allegiances for the season.