PDA

View Full Version : SoCon Week 1 predicitons

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 20th, 2013, 08:48 AM
App State @ Montana - App. State flexes its offensive muscles, but those App. fans expecting a dominant defense get a reality check. App wins 35-31
UT Martin @ Chattanooga - Hungry Chatty team starts the season off right. Mocs 27-13.
Charleston Southern @ The Citadel - El Cid doesn't have much trouble with Chuck South. Cid 34-10
Elon @ Georgia Tech - the first of four spankings Elon will take defensively from the option. Tech 42 Elon 13
Furman @ Gardner-Webb - Furman starts out on the right foot with a win 24-14.
Savannah State @ Georgia Southern - SSU should be especially bad considering all the chaos in their program including having not even made their new hire in time for spring practice. GSU rolls 73-10.
Samford @ Georgia State - State has more competent coaching but it will take them a while to recover. Samford breaks the SoCon drought on FBS wins with a 28-17 victory.
Western Carolina @ Middle Tennessee State - Western loses but feels better about themselves. MTSU 45-24
Wofford @ Baylor - Baylor is probably overrated but Wofford will only be able to keep it close for a half at most. Baylor wins 42-20.

The Cats
August 20th, 2013, 09:07 AM
App State @ Montana

UT Martin @ Chattanooga

Charleston Southern @ The Citadel

Elon @ Georgia Tech

Furman @ Gardner-Webb

Savannah State @ Georgia Southern

Samford @ Georgia State

Western Carolina @ Middle Tennessee State

Wofford @ Baylor

Jiggs
August 20th, 2013, 10:12 AM
App State @ Montana

UT Martin @ Chattanooga

Elon @ Georgia Tech

Furman @ Gardner-Webb

Samford @ Georgia State

Wofford @ Baylor

walliver
August 20th, 2013, 10:47 AM
App State @ Montana - I believe only one SoCon team has won at WaGriz. App doesn't become the second. Montana 31-28
UT Martin @ Chattanooga - Chatty wins easily, and Chattown crows 24-10
Charleston Southern @ The Citadel - The best Citadel team in 20 years against the hapless Bucs 56-17
Elon @ Georgia Tech - Tech scores at will 56-24
Furman @ Gardner-Webb - Furman moving back to the top, GW stuck at the bottom. Purples 31-14
Savannah State @ Georgia Southern - This game will get ugly quickly. Igglets (as many as they want)-0
Samford @ Georgia State - Sammy opens with the worst team in FBS and wins easily 35-10. Sunbelt conference wonders if the Atlanta market justifies this embarrassment.
Western Carolina @ Middle Tennessee State - SoCon goes 1-1 against the SunBelt as MT wins 35-17
Wofford @ Baylor - Wofford will score points, but I fear Baylor will score more 42-28.

Smitty
August 20th, 2013, 11:05 AM
App State @ Montana

UT Martin @ Chattanooga

Elon @ Georgia Tech

Furman @ Gardner-Webb

Samford @ Georgia State

Wofford @ Baylor

DoWe
August 20th, 2013, 11:11 AM
App State @ Montana

UT Martin @ Chattanooga

Elon @ Georgia Tech

Furman @ Gardner-Webb

Samford @ Georgia State

Wofford @ Baylor

Mountaineer
August 20th, 2013, 11:17 AM
App State @ Montana - NP, but I have to give the edge to the home team, stadium, and noise..is it too early to mention cold? xblehx

UT Martin @ Chattanooga

Elon @ Georgia Tech

Furman @ Gardner-Webb

Samford @ Georgia State

Wofford @ Baylor

PaladinFan
August 20th, 2013, 11:24 AM
App 24 - UM 28
UTC 34 - UTM 10
CSU 7 - Cit 34
Elon 14 - GT 42
FU 34 - GWU 17
SSU 3 - GSU 63
Sam 34 - Ga State 17
WCU 17 - MTSU 42
Woff 17 - Bay 56

OL FU
August 20th, 2013, 11:26 AM
App State @ Montana

UT Martin @ Chattanooga

Elon @ Georgia Tech
Furman @ Gardner-Webb

Samford @ Georgia State

Wofford @ Baylor

I'm gonna pick ASU. Have to admit that I haven't been able to keep up with everyone in FCS like I used to, but I will play the hunch.

with respect to Furman, I have been impressed with the cautious optimism of most FU fans. Most think this year will head us back in the right direction with next year being the one to see how far we have or haven't come. Most, including me, think that we will win more than we did last year and might sneak up on someone, but 4 to 5 wins would keep most of us looking toward the future.

Losing at GW would send the train off the rails in a hurry.

PaladinFan
August 20th, 2013, 11:34 AM
App State @ Montana

UT Martin @ Chattanooga

Elon @ Georgia Tech

Furman @ Gardner-Webb

Samford @ Georgia State

Wofford @ Baylor

Any particular reason you think Gardner Webb beats Furman?

I'll concede Furman has a lot of question marks, but the Paladins put it on PC pretty good last season on the road (a team much like GWU). I anticipate the Bulldogs smaller defense is going to get a heavy dose of a powerful Furman offensive line. GWU gives up a lot of size across the front lines to the Paladins, something I expect may well just be the difference in the ballgame.

kdinva
August 20th, 2013, 11:39 AM
App State @ Montana

UT Martin @ Chattanooga

Elon @ Georgia Tech

Furman @ Gardner-Webb

Samford @ Georgia State

Wofford @ Baylor

+1

dbackjon
August 20th, 2013, 12:03 PM
App State @ Montana

UT Martin @ Chattanooga

Elon @ Georgia Tech

Furman @ Gardner-Webb

Samford @ Georgia State

Wofford @ Baylor

ASUMountaineer
August 20th, 2013, 12:27 PM
App State @ Montana Chattanooga

UT Martin @Chattanooga

Charleston Southern @ The Citadel Chattanooga

Elon @ Georgia Tech Chattanooga

Furman @ Gardner-Webb Chattanooga

Savannah State @ Georgia Southern Chattanooga

Samford @ Georgia State Chattanooga

Western Carolina @ Middle Tennessee State Chattanooga

Wofford @ Baylor Chattanooga

Chattanooga starts off the conference season 9-0, and wins the SoCon outright after the first week.

CID1990
August 20th, 2013, 12:45 PM

UT Martin @Chattanooga

Chattanooga starts off the conference season 9-0, and wins the SoCon outright after the first week.

:lol:

pike51
August 20th, 2013, 12:57 PM
App State @ Montana

UT Martin @ Chattanooga

Elon @ Georgia Tech

Furman @ Gardner-Webb

Samford @ Georgia State

Wofford @ Baylor

SpeedkingATL
August 20th, 2013, 01:04 PM
App State @ Montana - App has never won a game west of the Mississippi and is 0-2 at the Griz's place. Time to finally break that trend. App's young revamped defense struggles but the offense just keeps scoring. Another tight win by the App's similar to last years game. 38-28 App.

UTM @ UTC - I'm not even sure why UTM would even show up against the mighty Mocs. The Sugar Mocs dance and wiggle as male fans gasp and UTC dominates and wins 21-17.

Charleston Southern @ Citadel - The Citdogs run wild against the overmatched visitors from crosstown. 45-10 Citdogs.

Elon @ GaTech - Elon collects a nice check and the Jackets collect about 550 yards rushing. Jackets roll 52-17.

Furman @ Gardner-Webb - A must win game for the Purple Gang as they must show improvement from game one. Dozier is a bulldozer as Furple overmatches the Bulldogs up front and wins 24-17.

Sav St. @ GaSo - It's a good thing GaSo's coach is such an understanding and humane individual or this one could be epic ugly. Much like an NFL second pre-season game, the Eagles first team is pulled early in the second quarter of a 52-7 game which could have been worse.

Samford @ GaSt - GaSt will be better based on addition by subtraction with the new head coach but he still has most of the same players. Sammy is flying under the radar with what is likely their best team since joining the SoCon. They won't be quite as far under the radar after beating the Panthers in front of 6K excited fans in the Ga Dome. Bulldogs win 28-24.

WCU @ MTSU - The Cats should be much improved this year but with the schedule made out to raise money and not win totals you might not notice. The Cats battle hard but aren't in the same class as MTSU. MTSU wins 42-17.

Wofford @ Baylor - The Ankle Biters have a history of playing FBS teams really tough only to fall short in the end. This one will be competitive into the late 3rd quarter but the Bears pull away and win 31-21.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
August 20th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Elon @ Georgia Tech (Beatdown of the week) - Elon's swan song in the SoCon starts out on the wrong foot.
Savannah State @ Georgia Southern (Beatdown of the week) - Georgia Southern's swan song starts out on the right foot.
Western Carolina @ Middle Tennessee State (Beatdown of the week) - Improved Catamounts no match for the Blue Raiders
Wofford @ Baylor - Terriers make a game of it, but Baylor will pull it out.
Samford @ Georgia State (Upset special of the week) - Samford scores its first ever win vs. FBS
UT Martin @ Chattanooga - Mocs start their campaign off on a winning note
Charleston Southern @ The Citadel - The Citadel takes in this cross-town rivalry (if we can call it one).
Furman @ Gardner-Webb - Furman wins a close one.
App State @ Montana (Game of the week) - Mountaineers pull out a close one up north.

CID1990
August 20th, 2013, 01:54 PM
ASU @ Montana

UTM @ UTC

CSU always plays The Citadel tough. It is their Superbowl. I predict a finish much like last year's: close for a while, and then we open it up in the second half.

Elon @ GT- This will probably be the biggest bloodletting of the week.

furple @ GW - Those nasty non-dancing Baptists are going to be a little improved this year. They had better beat GW or there's gonna be gnashing of teeth to go along with the thumping of Bibles in Traveler's Rest.

Savannah State @ Ga Southern- GSU rolls. Maybe a bigger spread than in the Elon-GT game.

Samford @ GSU - I don't see how this year's GSU is going to be significantly better than last year's. I say Samford stomps them by at least two scores. GSU might not score at all.

WCU @ MTSU - WCU might surprise some people in this one. I think they stay within 21 points. Their offense is not bad at all.

Wofford @ Baylor - not going to be as close.

citdog
August 20th, 2013, 02:02 PM
U of Montana much too loud and SMOKEY for yosef 24-17

Indian Slippers Martin will come to play but Chatt wins 31-20

Cadets Bucs will be up for us but the 'Dogs are thrusting in 2013. 42-17

Yellow Jackets Will be a LONG LAST year for the Christians. 52-3

Vermin GW is the ONLY Bulldogs the the furple scum will be defeating in 2013. 31-10

Pig's Ass, Ga Worst defeat for Savannah since Christmas 1864. 76-0

Samford The sun belt sucks......BAD 28-10

Middle Tenn The Catamounts will be better in 2013. But lose this one 38-17

Baylor The nuisance dogs play hard and make the texas baptists sweat but lose 31-17.

AppChicago
August 20th, 2013, 02:51 PM
UT Martin @ Chattanooga: 28-27. Chatty shows promise, but poops the bed again.

Charleston Southern @ The Citadel: Bulldogs score as many as they want. Call it 56-14

Elon @ Georgia Tech: Fightin' Christians get creamed. Might as well be 60-0.

Furman @ Gardner-Webb: 35-14

Savannah State @ Georgia Southern: 45-7

Samford @ Georgia State: Samford takes it in front of dozens of mildly entertained GaState fans. 35-14

Western Carolina @ Middle Tennessee State: Can't amount, yet again. Still, respectable at 28-21

Wofford @ Baylor: Upset special. Terriers take it 27-21.

App State @ Montana: No call

eaglemachine
August 20th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Sav St. @ GaSo - It's a good thing GaSo's coach is such an understanding and humane individual or this one could be epic ugly. Much like an NFL second pre-season game, the Eagles first team is pulled early in the second quarter of a 52-7 game which could have been worse.

One of the teams goals that have been stated for this year is to break offensive records. Our high is 70 something points in a game. I wonder if he will take his foot off the gas.

mountaineer in Cane Land
August 20th, 2013, 03:11 PM
App 38 Montana 31, tough place to win, but App should score early and often with the pass against an average secondary
Cit 42 CS 10- Cit plays keep away with their offense, grind a win
GT as many as they want, Elon 10- This will be really ugly
Furman 24 GS 14- Much improved Furman, too much talent for GS
GS 54 SS 7- would be worse, but GS field kicker misses 2 extra points, 4 field goals, 3 from inside the redzone, Moniker holds open tryouts for a kicker on Sunday
Samford 34 GS 14- not close, best Samford team since joining the SC, my pick to win the SC
MTS 38 WC 21- WC is getting better but still has a long way to go
Baylor 34 Wofford 21- Wofford realizes how much Woody, their ex defensive coordinator, really meant to them.

blueballs
August 20th, 2013, 03:18 PM
One of the teams goals that have been stated for this year is to break offensive records. Our high is 70 something points in a game. I wonder if he will take his foot off the gas.

I think they got 84 on Johnson C. Smith in 2000... IIRC that is the most, but I seem to remember the 1999 team breaking 70 three times including the first round of the playoffs.

They're going to have to play their butts off to match the 1986, 1998, and 1999 offenses. Those are 3 of the best offenses in the history of the division.

PaladinFan
August 20th, 2013, 04:40 PM
I think they got 84 on Johnson C. Smith in 2000... IIRC that is the most, but I seem to remember the 1999 team breaking 70 three times including the first round of the playoffs.

They're going to have to play their butts off to match the 1986, 1998, and 1999 offenses. Those are 3 of the best offenses in the history of the division.

I may be misremembering, but it always seems like GSU always schedules a complete dud every season. Not that we all don't have some softspots on the schedules, but it is almost as though the Eagles try to land the least competitive game possible.

I thought the 2004 offense was pretty stout. I remember thinking on their trip to Greenville that season that Furman (who was ranked #3, mind you), had zero chance of winning the game. GSU lost by three touchdowns to UGA maybe the first week of the season, and then throttled every other team they played until they ran into Furman. I always thought that one of the primary reasons Furman won that game is precisely because GSU was so good that season...their team had not had to go to the mat with anyone to that point. Furman beat them in the fourth quarter.

Apphole
August 20th, 2013, 06:00 PM
App State @ Montana 45-34 -- Montana's gameday environment is the only thing that keeps them competitive. Jamal and the deepest receiving corps in recent FCS history matching up against a Montana team whose weakness is DB will be their undoing.

UT Martin @ Chattanooga 24-6 Chatty's D keeps UTM out of the endzone, but their offense starts out just how it ended last year -- bad.

Charleston Southern @ The Citadel 34-17 The Bell Hops double up their cross town opponent.

Elon @ Georgia Tech 45-17 Elon is out-talented at every position.

Furman @ Gardner-Webb 37-13 Furple owns a Big South nobody.

Savannah State @ Georgia Southern 64-17 Monken calls off the dogs in the third quarter and gives the three deep some valuable game experience.

Samford @ Georgia State 27-24 Here's my curve ball. I think the Panthers surprise everyone and get one of their two wins of the season against the Bulldogs.

Western Carolina @ Middle Tennessee State 45-27 Western's offense shows signs of promise again, but MTSU is too talented at every position to let it get too close.

Wofford @ Baylor 45-17 Jerry Moore's alma mater rolls against a washed up Terrier squad.

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 20th, 2013, 06:29 PM

The main reason we topped 80 on Johnson C Smith was because we had Chaz Williams, Trey Hunter, and Jayson Foster as the top 3 QBs. Just don't know if our backup QBs can pour it on like that on SSU. Should be the most lopsided game in the SoCon this week, though.

Eagle22
August 20th, 2013, 07:12 PM
The main reason we topped 80 on Johnson C Smith was because we had Chaz Williams, Trey Hunter, and Jayson Foster as the top 3 QBs. Just don't know if our backup QBs can pour it on like that on SSU. Should be the most lopsided game in the SoCon this week, though.

Not to mention a veteran o-line. That is what will be different for us this year ... the continuity across the offensive front we were seeking in the first half of the 2012 season shouldn't be the variable factor this year ... should be a stout group that coupled with the offensive threats in the backfield could come out firing on all cylinders.

Obviously, the first two games are more about seeing what kind of second string depth is out there ... neither SSU or St. Francis appears to pose much of a challenge. Wofford, in our first road game of the season, will be a significantly more telling sign of just how much offensive firepower we'll bring to bear the rest of the year.

AppStsGr8
August 20th, 2013, 07:17 PM

UT Martin @Chattanooga

Thanks for the laugh!

blueballs
August 20th, 2013, 07:42 PM
I may be misremembering, but it always seems like GSU always schedules a complete dud every season. Not that we all don't have some softspots on the schedules, but it is almost as though the Eagles try to land the least competitive game possible.

I thought the 2004 offense was pretty stout. I remember thinking on their trip to Greenville that season that Furman (who was ranked #3, mind you), had zero chance of winning the game. GSU lost by three touchdowns to UGA maybe the first week of the season, and then throttled every other team they played until they ran into Furman. I always thought that one of the primary reasons Furman won that game is precisely because GSU was so good that season...their team had not had to go to the mat with anyone to that point. Furman beat them in the fourth quarter.

Your recollection is spot on. It didn't help matters that it seemed like every GSU drive in the first half started inside their own 5. It was uncanny. GSU had a chance to win but completely mismanaged the clock in the two minute drill and lost the game with a time out in their pocket. It was like they weren't prepared to play a competitive game.

Eagle22
August 20th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Your recollection is spot on. It didn't help matters that it seemed like every GSU drive in the first half started inside their own 5. It was uncanny. GSU had a chance to win but completely mismanaged the clock in the two minute drill and lost the game with a time out in their pocket. It was like they weren't prepared to play a competitive game.

Or Ingle Martin punting the ball.

T-Dog
August 20th, 2013, 09:27 PM
UT Martin @ Chattanooga - Nooga starts of the season right before their mid-season collapse. 28-7

Charleston Southern @ The Citadel - El Citadel too talented. Yes I just said that. 42-14

Elon @ Georgia Tech - Elon's still average and without Mellette now. 45-7

Furman @ Gardner-Webb - Furmie gets a good road win. 21-10

Savannah State @ Georgia Southern - Yeesh. 70-0

Samford @ Georgia State - Trent Miles is a good coach, but he needs time. 14-7.

Western Carolina @ Middle Tennessee State - Start of a long year for the Whee. 45-21

Wofford @ Baylor - It is what it is. 42-17

App State @ Montana - NP. It's going to be close. App's defense is young but legit. Montana doesn't lose many big games. Whoever has better kicking wins.

Apphole
August 20th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Montana doesn't lose many big games.

Unless they're playing for a National Championship.

T-Dog
August 20th, 2013, 10:55 PM
App State @ Montana - I believe only one SoCon team has won at WaGriz. App doesn't become the second. Montana 31-28

We have that defensive coordinator that won in Wa-Griz!

PaladinFan
August 21st, 2013, 05:59 AM
Or Ingle Martin punting the ball.

I really think in his entire career at Furman, I never saw Furman run a single fake punt with Martin.

I always thought that Furman pooch kick formation would have driven many an opposing coach to the madhouse in game planning. With Martin, you really were screwed either way you decided to play it.

ASUMountaineer
August 21st, 2013, 07:13 AM

Feel free to bring your 1999 offense back to Boone...seriously. My first Black Saturday was niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

elcid83
August 21st, 2013, 07:41 AM
Any particular reason you think Gardner Webb beats Furman?

I'll concede Furman has a lot of question marks, but the Paladins put it on PC pretty good last season on the road (a team much like GWU). I anticipate the Bulldogs smaller defense is going to get a heavy dose of a powerful Furman offensive line. GWU gives up a lot of size across the front lines to the Paladins, something I expect may well just be the difference in the ballgame.

PaladinFan, I suspect GW's speedy and experienced D line is going to give your beefier O line more of a contest than the Paladins are expecting. Our D line has made it very difficult for the O to achieve any consistency in camp and our new D Coordinator is a very intense guy. We may not beat Furman, but our D is going to give your O fits. I believe this will be a low scoring game and it will be close.

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

mountaineer in Cane Land
August 21st, 2013, 08:52 AM
I agree that the Furman/GS game will be low scoring, but not because GS defense is going to stop Furman, rather, Furman's offense doesn't really have any playmakers that can ie: catch a 5 yd pass and turn it into an 80 yd touchdown. They have to grind it out, which eats up alot of the clock, and limits their total offensive positions. I think this game will be close thru mid 3r quarter, but that big line for Furman will eventually ware down the GS defensive line.

blueballs
August 21st, 2013, 09:33 AM
Feel free to bring your 1999 offense back to Boone...seriously. My first Black Saturday was niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Yup, your guys played out of their minds that day. That was the only game all year where the GSU offense didn't roll. You guys caught a break on the bounce on the blocked punt too... If you had a grass field that might have been a TD instead of a safety.

asumike83
August 21st, 2013, 09:58 AM

Not to take away from anything else that 2004 team did but the main reason you scored 80 is because it was Johnson C. Smith. That was an 0-10 DII team that had just given up 101 total points to Shaw and NC Central. The beatings they put on App, Wofford and FIU were much more impressive.

PaladinFan
August 21st, 2013, 10:03 AM
I agree that the Furman/GS game will be low scoring, but not because GS defense is going to stop Furman, rather, Furman's offense doesn't really have any playmakers that can ie: catch a 5 yd pass and turn it into an 80 yd touchdown. They have to grind it out, which eats up alot of the clock, and limits their total offensive positions. I think this game will be close thru mid 3r quarter, but that big line for Furman will eventually ware down the GS defensive line.

I would disagree with you. It's a hard to think much of the Furman offense coming off last season, but you have to remember they had a true freshman quarterback and a bunch of underclassman playing substantial minutes on offense. The playbook was as simplified as I've ever seen at Furman.

You are right, they didn't have a lot of big plays, but that does not mean they do not have playmakers. Jordan Snellings will likely end the year as one of the conference's top WRs. Hank McCloud played limited duty behind Jerodis Williams, but is a shifty back that put up over 500 yards in reserve time last season. He'll be a legitimate threat for 1,000+ yards. Furman also has a couple of shifty slot receiver types that will make life tough in the middle.

ElonFirefighter
August 21st, 2013, 10:06 AM
Here we go Im calling for the upset. And with furman and Chatty with easy games there fans cant do it :D

Elon @ Georgia Tech

PaladinFan
August 21st, 2013, 10:09 AM
PaladinFan, I suspect GW's speedy and experienced D line is going to give your beefier O line more of a contest than the Paladins are expecting. Our D line has made it very difficult for the O to achieve any consistency in camp and our new D Coordinator is a very intense guy. We may not beat Furman, but our D is going to give your O fits. I believe this will be a low scoring game and it will be close.

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

I am expecting a smaller and quicker Bulldog team. I do think that Furman will be one of the more physical teams on both sides of the ball that GWU will see this season. Not a lot of cutesy. If GWU is going to hang around, they are going to have to lean heavily on their front seven.

ASUMountaineer
August 21st, 2013, 10:18 AM
Yup, your guys played out of their minds that day. That was the only game all year where the GSU offense didn't roll. You guys caught a break on the bounce on the blocked punt too... If you had a grass field that might have been a TD instead of a safety.

It was a crazy game. You guys were averaging a point/minute. Just another game that justifies hating you guys, but giving mad respect.

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 21st, 2013, 10:25 AM
Not to take away from anything else that 2004 team did but the main reason you scored 80 is because it was Johnson C. Smith. That was an 0-10 DII team that had just given up 101 total points to Shaw and NC Central. The beatings they put on App, Wofford and FIU were much more impressive.

I'm not saying that JCS was anything better than terrible.

What I'm saying is that even if SSU is as bad this year as they were that year we may not get to 84 points. You have Chaz Williams who set a school touchdown record, Trey Hunter who was not a whole lot of a drop-off, and the third string was QB was a future Payton Award winner. GSU's second and third string offenses will probably make too many mistakes for us to really pack on the points and the late third and fourth quarters.

It's the blue pants I tell you. :D

ASUMountaineer
August 21st, 2013, 10:45 AM
It's the blue pants I tell you. :D

Those blue pants are awesome! Y'all should definitely wear them in Boone this season.

jayhawkdaddy
August 21st, 2013, 04:42 PM
Montana
UTC
Citadel
Ga Tech
Furman
Ga Southern
Georgia State
MTSU
Baylor

FCSfan
August 21st, 2013, 05:05 PM
Montana +10
UTC +3
Citadel +10
Ga Tech +35
Furman +14
Ga Southern +whatever their pity level may be
Samford +7
MTSU +10
Baylor +17

Apphole
August 21st, 2013, 05:30 PM
Montana +10

xlolx

Seabiscuit
August 21st, 2013, 06:12 PM
App State @ Montana by less than a TD

UT Martin @ Chattanooga by 10-14 points

Charleston Southern @ The Citadel big W for The Citadel

Elon @ Georgia Tech take the check and say thanks.

Furman @ Gardner-Webb solid road W for Furman - by 10.

Savannah State @ Georgia Southern Ugly.

Samford @ Georgia State closer than many think. Samford by less than a TD.

Western Carolina @ Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders win big but may be tight early.

Wofford @ Baylor want to think Wofford can pull the upset but Baylor will score a ton.

SpeedkingATL
August 21st, 2013, 07:56 PM
Here we go Im calling for the upset. And with furman and Chatty with easy games there fans cant do it :D

Elon @ Georgia Tech

I hope you're correct but I wouldn't bet on it without getting at least 28 points. Tech will be pretty good this year.

ElonFirefighter
August 22nd, 2013, 08:03 AM
I hope you're correct but I wouldn't bet on it without getting at least 28 points. Tech will be pretty good this year.

Unless Tech stops using the option 28 is a lowball. I will be there as I dont miss a FBS within 4 hours but I just dont see us stoping the option

FCSfan
August 22nd, 2013, 08:23 AM
Unless Tech stops using the option 28 is a lowball. I will be there as I dont miss a FBS within 4 hours but I just dont see us stoping the option

I hope opening up with GT helps you with the other 3 option teams you face. lucky there are no option foes in the CAA

PaladinFan
August 22nd, 2013, 08:28 AM

Elon struggled against the run last year. Gave up around 230 yards per game, and nearly 5.5 yards per carry.

It goes without mentioning that GT will run the ball a lot better than any of the teams Elon saw last season. Maybe they've fixed some problems from last year, but the Jackets are no easy draw.

mountaineer in Cane Land
August 22nd, 2013, 10:06 AM
Another problem Elon has is the GT head coach Johnson, what I have seen of him in the SC, Navy, and GT is, and Im putting this nicely, not the most classy, good sport coach you are ever going to play against. If this turns into a quick blowout, I don't think its a guarantee that he will pull his starters. It wouldn't surprise me if they are up ie: 35 early in the third, he keeps his starters into the fourth quarter and really runs up the score and tries to embarrass Elon.

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 22nd, 2013, 10:11 AM
Another problem Elon has is the GT head coach Johnson, what I have seen of him in the SC, Navy, and GT is, and Im putting this nicely, not the most classy, good sport coach you are ever going to play against. If this turns into a quick blowout, I don't think its a guarantee that he will pull his starters. It wouldn't surprise me if they are up ie: 35 early in the third, he keeps his starters into the fourth quarter and really runs up the score and tries to embarrass Elon.

When has he ever run up the score? Certainly not while he was at GSU. I went to a lot of the GSU games while he coached and many times in those five seasons the backups were in before the third quarter was half way over.

GlassOnion
August 22nd, 2013, 10:20 AM
App 38 Montana 27
App's top 10 pass offense, entire returning O-line and no shortage of talented playmakers outside, against last years' 120th ranked pass defense helps App light up the scoreboard. App D should limit Montana on offense enough to get the win.

Chatty gets the easy win.
The Citadel make themselves feel taller.
Georgia Tech rolls
Fermin
Georgia Southern convinces Savannah State to drop football
Samford brings Ga St back to reality
MTSU uses Western
Baylor hits Wofford hard.

blueballs
August 22nd, 2013, 12:18 PM
When has he ever run up the score? Certainly not while he was at GSU. I went to a lot of the GSU games while he coached and many times in those five seasons the backups were in before the third quarter was half way over.

I can't speak for his time at Navy and GT, but while at GSU he didn't really run it up on anybody. There were numerous times Adrian Peterson and Greg Hill (98,99) or JR Revere (00,01) didn't take a second half snap.

It might have looked like he was running it up because his back ups were as good as a lot of other teams' starters.

PaladinFan
August 22nd, 2013, 04:36 PM
I can't speak for his time at Navy and GT, but while at GSU he didn't really run it up on anybody. There were numerous times Adrian Peterson and Greg Hill (98,99) or JR Revere (00,01) didn't take a second half snap.

It might have looked like he was running it up because his back ups were as good as a lot of other teams' starters.

I don't get a big rise out of the "running up the score" argument. I do think that if the game is out of hand, you run your offense with your backups. That makes sense both for your team and the opponent and helps avoid injuries to your key players. There's no defensive player in the country that wants to see you taking a knee back there just because the game's out of hand.

I do get annoyed with "stat padding." That's an area where I have always respected Mike Ayers. Eric Britenstein was a finalist for the Walter Payton Award, but he rushed for only 35 yards on 5 carries against by far the easiest team on Wofford's schedule last season (Lincoln). Ayers sat him down (as he should have). Who knows, if Britenstien rushed for 3 bills and 4 TDs against Lincoln, maybe he would have won the award. That would have taken all the sportsmanship out of the game, though.

I still haven't come to an understanding about what Coach Monken did last year against Furman at the end of the game. Granted, my team's job is to stop your team, but it was hard to explain that one.

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 22nd, 2013, 06:34 PM
That probably had something to do with how bad the kicking was that day. Not that one extra point could be considered stat padding or running up the score. Now Bama getting a quick score when they are up 17 when they can run out the clock is questionable.

PaladinNation
August 22nd, 2013, 07:41 PM

PaladinFan beat me to it… by your comments you really don't know Furman's personnel or you just don't respect them.
Culbreath (WR) is on the Senior Bowl watch, and I agree with PaladinFan McCloud (RB) is way underrated, Snellings (WR) has all SoCon potential, and then you have Suttles (Slot) that could be just as good some FU greats like;Bratton, Kitchens, and Mims.

PaladinFan
August 23rd, 2013, 04:48 AM
That probably had something to do with how bad the kicking was that day. Not that one extra point could be considered stat padding or running up the score. Now Bama getting a quick score when they are up 17 when they can run out the clock is questionable.

I realize "our kicking game was bad" argument was popular after the game. That argument lost all credibility after the North Dakota State game. It's hard to argue that we trusted our kicking game so little to kick an extra point up a few touchdowns that we went for two, but we trusted it so much against NDSU that we sent a frat boy with like four practices out there to win the biggest game of the year from 35 yards.

PaladinFan
August 23rd, 2013, 04:49 AM
PaladinFan beat me to it… by your comments you really don't know Furman's personnel or you just don't respect them.
Culbreath (WR) is on the Senior Bowl watch, and I agree with PaladinFan McCloud (RB) is way underrated, Snellings (WR) has all SoCon potential, and then you have Suttles (Slot) that could be just as good some FU greats like;Bratton, Kitchens, and Mims.

I don't blame folks for not knowing how talented some of these Furman players are. Frankly, if Hannon takes the next step in his progression, I think a lot of those guys will become well known names in the SoCon.

blueballs
August 23rd, 2013, 06:21 AM
I realize "our kicking game was bad" argument was popular after the game. That argument lost all credibility after the North Dakota State game. It's hard to argue that we trusted our kicking game so little to kick an extra point up a few touchdowns that we went for two, but we trusted it so much against NDSU that we sent a frat boy with like four practices out there to win the biggest game of the year from 35 yards.

The kick that got blocked at the end was from over 50, but I was scratching my head after the Furman game last year too.

I'm sure the Furman coaches and players haven't forgotten and will bring some extra motivation to Paulson this year.

PaladinFan
August 23rd, 2013, 07:31 AM
The kick that got blocked at the end was from over 50, but I was scratching my head after the Furman game last year too.

I'm sure the Furman coaches and players haven't forgotten and will bring some extra motivation to Paulson this year.

Fowler is a relatively calm customer. Much unlike his predecessor. Even despite Fowler's low key demeanor, you can tell he did not appreciate Monken's move.

I doubt Furman will have the opportunity to rub it in. I imagine this will be the last time our two programs see one another for a long, long time. I'd take the win at Paulson, though.

ButlerGSU
August 23rd, 2013, 08:03 AM

Because of their proximity, Savannah State gets scheduled every 4 or 5 years. They bring a fun group of fans and their band is great.

PaladinFan
August 23rd, 2013, 08:34 AM
Because of their proximity, Savannah State gets scheduled every 4 or 5 years. They bring a fun group of fans and their band is great.

I understand why they are on the rotation (much like PC is for Furman). It just seems that GSU schedules teams that are beyond bad every season.

md64179
August 23rd, 2013, 08:46 AM
APP
UTC
EL CID
GT
FURMAN
GSU
GEORGIA STATE
MTSU
BAYLOR

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 23rd, 2013, 09:37 AM

We lost a game versus the Citadel where we missed multiple field goals under 35 yards. The kicking did not get much better as the year went on. That 2PC at the end of the game was the third two point conversion we went for in that game. What's the more likely explanation...it has something to do with how the kicking was going or that Monken just wanted an extra point?

I don't see how you can compare that with NDSU, either. You are comparing scoring from three yards out against a team you have been able to move the ball against versus one shot to score from 30 yards against one of the great defenses in the history of the FCS.

I understand why they are on the rotation (much like PC is for Furman). It just seems that GSU schedules teams that are beyond bad every season.

We used to schedule good OOC FCS teams, but a lot of our fans complain if we don't have at least 6 home games.

OL FU
August 23rd, 2013, 10:44 AM
We lost a game versus the Citadel where we missed multiple field goals under 35 yards. The kicking did not get much better as the year went on. That 2PC at the end of the game was the third two point conversion we went for in that game. What's the more likely explanation...it has something to do with how the kicking was going or that Monken just wanted an extra point?

I don't see how you can compare that with NDSU, either. You are comparing scoring from three yards out against a team you have been able to move the ball against versus one shot to score from 30 yards against one of the great defenses in the history of the FCS.

We used to schedule good OOC FCS teams, but a lot of our fans complain if we don't have at least 6 home games.

I would express my opinion on the 2 PC, but I told a lot of my GSU friends I was over it:)

citdog
August 23rd, 2013, 11:30 AM

YOU GOT "YOUR FANNIES WHIPPED" BY THE CITADEL. I have the video if you'd like to see it again.

blueballs
August 23rd, 2013, 12:29 PM
GSU's final season of playoff eligibility will forever be defined by missed kicks... GSU missed two FG's from 31 yards and lost to Citadel by 2 despite outgaining them by over 100 yards. They missed FG's against App of 26, 24, and 26 and lost by 3 despite outgaining them by 99 yards. They missed an XP, missed a FG and lost to NDSU by 3 despite outgaining them by over 160 yards.

Anybody who doesn't think special teams can make or break a team, a game, or a season need look no further than GSU in 2012 to be proven wrong.

citdog
August 23rd, 2013, 12:37 PM
GSU's final season of playoff eligibility will forever be defined by missed kicks... GSU missed two FG's from 31 yards and lost to Citadel by 2 despite outgaining them by over 100 yards. They missed FG's against App of 26, 24, and 26 and lost by 3 despite outgaining them by 99 yards. They missed an XP, missed a FG and lost to NDSU by 3 despite outgaining them by over 160 yards.

Anybody who doesn't think special teams can make or break a team, a game, or a season need look no further than GSU in 2012 to be proven wrong.

y'all should have recruited a kicker rather than relying on Ole Miss castoffs.

CID1990
August 23rd, 2013, 01:48 PM

Tell you what.

We'll forgive you those missed kicks in Charleston and we'll call that game a W for you guys if you forgive us OUR missed kicks in Statesboro the year before and we can have THAT W.

Deal?

blueballs
August 23rd, 2013, 02:05 PM
Tell you what.

We'll forgive you those missed kicks in Charleston and we'll call that game a W for you guys if you forgive us OUR missed kicks in Statesboro the year before and we can have THAT W.

Deal?

LOL... I KNEW one of you guys was going to bring that up. You deserved to win that one, no doubt about it. It is funny how things even out, ain't it?

PaladinFan
August 23rd, 2013, 02:25 PM

I have certainly thought about, given Furman's numerous close games last season, that our kicker extrodinaire Ray Early may be the difference in a Paladin appearance in the playoffs.

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 23rd, 2013, 02:43 PM
Tell you what.

Deal?

I'd take it. We would've been better off as a 4 or 5 seed in the 2011 playoffs and better off as a 2 or 3 seed in last year's playoff.

citdog
August 23rd, 2013, 02:50 PM
I have certainly thought about, given Furman's numerous close games last season, that our kicker extrodinaire Ray Early may be the difference in a Paladin appearance in the playoffs.

42-20

ThompsonThe
August 23rd, 2013, 06:33 PM

Back in those years with some teams he probably didn't need to play the first team.

ButlerGSU
August 24th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Well, if you want to see the Mocs start off the 2013 year - you can get a great deal on tickets...just visit Groupon (http://www.groupon.com/deals/gl-ut-chattanooga-athletics-2?p=1&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&sid=52262350-0a51-4970-9833-5ee9ba11b40a&division=chattanooga&user=c7a10a2e6e75ff44bb236e4cf45942dfdf11b3e19af66 c7ca8ebbfcd3508160a&date=20130824&s=body&c=deal_title&d=deal-page&utm_campaign=gl-ut-chattanooga-athletics-2).

CID1990
August 24th, 2013, 01:46 PM
LOL... I KNEW one of you guys was going to bring that up. You deserved to win that one, no doubt about it. It is funny how things even out, ain't it?

Those two games were literally carbon copies of each other. Kicking was the difference in both of those games, for both teams.

Reign of Terrier
August 24th, 2013, 04:53 PM
This question has probably already been answered but since App State and GSU cannot win the conference are losses to them not counted? I'm pretty sure something like that happened with UMass last year.

and as for the thread itself, I'm only going to predict Wofford's performance for the first few weeks as they're the only team I know well

So, for the Baylor game, I think we'll do well. Maybe not a win, but we won't get stomped as some are predicting. The thing many people have to realize is that the reason the Big 12 plays such poor defense collectively as a conference is because everyone plays the game at 100 mph.

Wofford won't do that. Win or lose, we're gonna run the clock. Traditionally, very few teams have been able to score more than 40 on us (including FBS teams: Ohio, Clemson, NC State, South Carolina three times.)

Really, the only team that has consistently scored 40 points on us (and winning at the same time) in the last 10 meetings or so was App State in 2006, 2008, and 2011.

There are sparse examples where teams have scored 40 on us, but those are few and far between, we've actually won some of those games, and there have been some that were absolute shootouts as well.

My point is, I don't really think there's going to be an affair where Baylor scores 40 or 50+ on us while keeping us under 20. They are good, but they aren't that consistent offensively and defensively (and niether is the Big 12 in general with the exception of Oklahoma).

So, I think we'll throw some monkey wrenches in them offensively. Even without Breitenstein I still think we're improved as the collective talent, experience, and depth at QB is a lot better, we have great depth at running back, and our defense returns a good nucleus, with really the corner position being the only concern. I don't think there will be much if any drop off when it comes to coaching on defense, even with woody gone. We hired a safety coach with an NC as a player under his belt in the off season and the new DC has been on staff for over a decade. In short, for the first time in a while we actually have corner and safety coaches who actually played the position they're coaching, which is really a recent phenomena for us as a team, and out improvement in the last couple years defensively is due to that.

But, as I said, corner will be a question mark and I think that will be the difference next saturday. I think we'll surprise people offensively.

Wofford 27 Baylor 41.

(Yes, I know I just went on a schpiel about teams not scoring 40 on us, but I think Baylor is capable offensively, but the reciprocal effect will be Wofford raising an eyebrow offensively-we rush for 275 yards and pass for 125 roughly)

fc97
August 24th, 2013, 04:54 PM
my prediction is the elon game will be real ugly, real fast. i expect to be down up to 35-0 by the end of the first quarter. nothing i have seen or heard from practice indicates that anything on the defense is better and improved from last year. returning a bunch of guys on a subpar d is their only bragging right.

then you have the offense. i think we get a big goose egg. the kicker isn't great. we are running a qb that this coach wouldn't play with wilson threw 4 interceptions in a game. our receiving corp, on paper, is the only edge we have. but given what i've seen out of the qb, my trust in him getting them the ball just isn't there.

this could be bad. 70-0, 77-0 type bad.

my only prediction is that elon will be looking for a new coach come november.

bonarae
August 24th, 2013, 05:22 PM
App State @ Montana

UT Martin @ Chattanooga

Elon @ Georgia Tech

Furman @ Gardner-Webb

Samford @ Georgia State

Wofford @ Baylor

ElCid
August 24th, 2013, 05:30 PM
App State @ Montana - Montana will have rebound year launched by close win at home against App - 38-35

UT Martin @ Chattanooga - Chatty takes the first one - 34-20

Charleston Southern @ The Citadel - As close as Cid wants it to be. I see my Dogs doing a bit of experimenting with the passing game after exercising the option a few series instead of purposely running up the score - 45-13

Elon @ Georgia Tech - This could be very ugly - 63-0

Furman @ Gardner-Webb - Furman gets a nice win to start the season - 31-14

Savannah State @ Georgia Sothern - Georgia So kicks 22 Field Goals just to ensure that their kicker gets some practice - 66-0

Samford @ Georgia State - Samford gets the win against a bad but improved Ga St - 27-21

Western Carolina @ Middle Tennessee State - Western improves but still no match - 38-24

Wofford @ Baylor - Baylor almost got caught last year by Sam Houston, but pulled away late. They will be ready this year and it may get ugly early; plus this is not last year's Wofford team - 54-10

gseagle
August 25th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Savannah State @ Georgia Sothern - Georgia So kicks 22 Field Goals just to ensure that their kicker gets some practice - 66-0

not a bad idea xnodx

blueballs
August 25th, 2013, 08:13 AM
To answer YT's question... GSU and App's games DO count in the standings but they will be listed in the standings at the bottom with an asterisk stating ineligible for conference title.

CID1990
August 25th, 2013, 08:32 AM
To answer YT's question... GSU and App's games DO count in the standings but they will be listed in the standings at the bottom with an asterisk stating ineligible for conference title.

Wins or losses by other teams against ASU and GSU also count in the conference standings.

Skyhawk71
August 25th, 2013, 08:34 AM
App State@ Montana
UTM @ UTC
Elon @ Georgia Tech
Furman@ Gardner-Webb
Samford@ Georgia State
WCU @ MTSU
Wofford @ Baylor

blueballs
August 25th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Wins or losses by other teams against ASU and GSU also count in the conference standings.

That's what I was trying to say... thanks for helping to clarify.

Reign of Terrier
August 25th, 2013, 01:45 PM

Okay, because I was thinking it would be somewhat of an impact on conference standing, like if the Citadel only loses to GSU/App, and Wofford beats everyone but the Citadel and wofford's sitting there at 7-1 (9-2) and the citadel is 6-2 (8-3), one would think they have a good claim to the socon title give that GSU/App "don't count"

CID1990
August 25th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Okay, because I was thinking it would be somewhat of an impact on conference standing, like if the Citadel only loses to GSU/App, and Wofford beats everyone but the Citadel and wofford's sitting there at 7-1 (9-2) and the citadel is 6-2 (8-3), one would think they have a good claim to the socon title give that GSU/App "don't count"

The records you describe would place Wofford solidly ahead of The Citadel in the conference standings; no tiebreaker needed. Games with ASU and GSU count in the conference record, just as always.

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 25th, 2013, 02:40 PM

It's more fair than only counting games among eligible teams, in which case UTC is playing 4 of those teams at home and Wofford is playing 2 of 6.

Reign of Terrier
August 25th, 2013, 04:00 PM
The records you describe would place Wofford solidly ahead of The Citadel in the conference standings; no tiebreaker needed. Games with ASU and GSU count in the conference record, just as always.

It's more fair than only counting games among eligible teams, in which case UTC is playing 4 of those teams at home and Wofford is playing 2 of 6.

Makes sense, I was thinking it would be "more fair" to not count them, but I guess not. I guess the reason UMass wasn't counted was because the conference makeup of the CAA is different.

GATA
August 25th, 2013, 05:33 PM

He was suggesting that the Citadel would have a claim to the SOCON title...considering that their only losses would be to 2 teams who aren't even eligible to win that league that year. He's got a point.

GSU and App's games shouldn't even count in the SOCON standings this year. They should be treated as out of conference games.

chattownmocs
August 25th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Moot discussion, we are running the table.

citdog
August 25th, 2013, 05:36 PM
He was suggesting that the Citadel would have a claim to the SOCON title...considering that their only losses would be to 2 teams who aren't even eligible to win that league that year. He's got a point.

GSU and App's games shouldn't even count in the SOCON standings this year. They should be treated as out of conference games.

It won't matter as we just plan on going 1-0 EVERY WEEK but I agree with you.

citdog
August 25th, 2013, 05:37 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRFo5fbxAt8

GATA
August 25th, 2013, 05:52 PM

If you can get by UT-Martin...

Apphole
August 25th, 2013, 06:08 PM

Well you couldn't run the whole table since App State is your daddy by your own admission...

walliver
August 25th, 2013, 09:46 PM

Since everybody plays everybody else, GSU and ASU should count. If the games don't count, than they should have been dropped from the schedules and they should have been replaced by easier teams.

CID1990
August 26th, 2013, 12:56 AM

Yeah I get what he is saying, but the games count since GSU and ASU are technically in the conference and playing a full SoCon slate. The only difference this season is that they cannot win the title. In a worst case scenario, they would be treated as non conference games.

To be honest, I like our chances because of this formula. I think we have as good a shot as Wofford, Samford or UTC at talking at least one game from ASU or GSU. In fact, I think we have the best chance of pulling a win out of those two games. We have played both very close the last two years. I think we drop to GSU by 7 in the Stink and beat ASU by 7 in Charleston. I think we will be the only SoCon team to take a win out of these two games, and that will be definite gravy for the title.

seantaylor
August 26th, 2013, 01:25 AM
This is pretty stupid. We didn't even announce we were going FBS until after signing day. We have almost the exact same team we would have had if we were still FCS. Next year is the year we look vastly different. Just a very stupid rule.

walliver
August 26th, 2013, 06:34 AM
This is pretty stupid. We didn't even announce we were going FBS until after signing day. We have almost the exact same team we would have had if we were still FCS. Next year is the year we look vastly different. Just a very stupid rule.

The reason for the rule is quite simple and is not "stupid".

Basically, the NCAA's automatic bid can only go to the conference champion. There is no first runner up.

Since ASU and GSU are both ineligible for the playoffs, if ASU or GSU were conference champion, then the SoCon would get NO auto bid.

PaladinFan
August 26th, 2013, 07:14 AM

GSU knew the rule before they made their decision. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

ASUMountaineer
August 26th, 2013, 09:26 AM

xbawlingx Recruit better.

blueballs
August 26th, 2013, 10:17 AM
xbawlingx Recruit better.

No doubt.... I think they have about a dozen kickers in camp this fall so maybe somebody out of that group can make a 30 yarder.

FWIW, y'all's kicking situation last year was only marginally better and wound up biting y'all in the backside too.

ASUMountaineer
August 26th, 2013, 11:05 AM
No doubt.... I think they have about a dozen kickers in camp this fall so maybe somebody out of that group can make a 30 yarder.

FWIW, y'all's kicking situation last year was only marginally better and wound up biting y'all in the backside too.

Agreed. Good luck!

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 26th, 2013, 12:41 PM
We've definitely probably set a school record for most kickers on the roster at a time.

Ivytalk
August 26th, 2013, 01:36 PM
App State @ Montana

UT Martin @ Chattanooga

Elon @ Georgia Tech

Furman @ Gardner-Webb

Samford @ Georgia State

Wofford @ Baylor

Exactly!xthumbsupx

hypercycloid
August 26th, 2013, 01:42 PM
I anticipate the Bulldogs smaller defense is going to get a heavy dose of a powerful Furman offensive line. GWU gives up a lot of size across the front lines to the Paladins, something I expect may well just be the difference in the ballgame.
I haven't taken the time to research OL and DL weights, but does GW really give up much size to Furman across the lines? I do expect a Paladin victory, but I don't expect GW to be a pushover either.

CID1990
August 26th, 2013, 02:41 PM

How's about some cheese to go with that whine?

walliver
August 26th, 2013, 02:47 PM
How's about some cheese to go with that whine?

In South Georgia, whine comes in a box and is eaten with saltine crackers and vienna suasages.

OL FU
August 26th, 2013, 05:02 PM
In South Georgia, whine comes in a box and is eaten with saltine crackers and vienna suasages.

nice post for number 3000xthumbsupx

PaladinFan
August 26th, 2013, 10:02 PM
I haven't taken the time to research OL and DL weights, but does GW really give up much size to Furman across the lines? I do expect a Paladin victory, but I don't expect GW to be a pushover either.

Frankly, I think Furman's offensive line is going to really surprise some people. Lot of power, experience, and versatility across those five.

I certainly do not expect GWU to lay down by any stretch. They are going to be tough and well coached. I absolutely believe they will beat us if we kick the ball around and come out flat.

OL FU
September 1st, 2013, 09:40 AM
Losing at GW would send the train off the rails in a hurry.

xbawlingx

CID1990
September 1st, 2013, 10:34 AM
xbawlingx

Well at least you guys are in good company.

elcid83
September 1st, 2013, 01:38 PM

Almost Mountaineer - GWU held FU to 43 total yards in the second half. Bring on Marshall.

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!