MONTANA STATE beat Stony Brook by 6

Sam Houston State beat #2 Seed MONTANA STATE by 18
#2 Seed EASTERN WASHINGTON beat Illinois State by 16
#5 Seed Georgia Southern beat #4 Seed OLD DOMINION by 14
#1 Seed NORTH DAKOTA STATE beat Wofford by 7

#1 Seed NORTH DAKOTA STATE beat #5 Seed Georgia Southern by 3
Sam Houston State beat #2 Seed EASTERN WASHINGTON by 3

#1 Seed North Dakota State beat Sam Houston State by 26

The top level of NCAA championship football had a great tourney!

Bisonator
August 20th, 2013, 09:00 AM
The top level of NCAA championship football had a great tourney!

xnodx

IBleedYellow
August 20th, 2013, 09:57 AM
What I see there: Being the HOME team helps a lot.

dewey
August 20th, 2013, 10:07 AM

Unless you are playing Sam Houston State:)

Dewey

813Jag
August 20th, 2013, 10:08 AM
yep, home teams were 13-5

cmaxwellgsu
August 20th, 2013, 12:17 PM
yep, home teams were 13-5

I will say that playing in Fargo is not what did us in. We made some crucial mistakes (including not finding a kicker last year), and NDSU made us pay for them. Kudos to the Bison for earning it!

BEAR
August 20th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Georgia Southern was tougher than I remember! NDSU won by 3. UCA dropped TDs in the endzone to bring it within 1. Nice playoffs last year! Can't wait for this year!

Bisonator
August 20th, 2013, 01:39 PM
I will say that playing in Fargo is not what did us in. We made some crucial mistakes (including not finding a kicker last year), and NDSU made us pay for them. Kudos to the Bison for earning it!

That was a gut wrencher for sure. Huge momentum swings both ways. Mistakes by both teams but key plays made at crucial times too. Just a fun college football game!

melloware13
August 20th, 2013, 02:47 PM
That GSU-NDSU game was a fun game to watch. Although who will take over GSU's streak of losing in the semi's, I do not know.

Sam_Kats
August 20th, 2013, 02:50 PM
That GSU-NDSU game was a fun game to watch. Although who will take over GSU's streak of losing in the semi's, I do not know.

Montana State. Wait - those are the quarterfinals. xnodx

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 20th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Montana State. Wait - those are the quarterfinals. xnodx

xlolx

Gotta give some + rep for that.....xlolx

URMite
August 20th, 2013, 03:29 PM
I don't remember the Big Sky getting 2x #2 seeds? Wasn't somebody #3?

Twentysix
August 20th, 2013, 03:31 PM
These things seem more exciting when your team wins it.

AmsterBison
August 20th, 2013, 04:06 PM

Well, with games involving seeded teams, wouldn't you expect that the better team would be playing at home?

The only seeded teams to lose to a non-seeded team were Big Sky teams vs Sam Houston State - and SHSU was only unseeded because they screwed themselves with their schedule.

Go...gate
August 20th, 2013, 04:07 PM
I hope Colgate has learned its lesson. Word is that we did not bid on a home game in the first round.

Wagner was clearly the better team and deserved the win, but walking away friom a home playoff game makes no sense.

heath
August 20th, 2013, 08:09 PM
I hope Colgate has learned its lesson. Word is that we did not bid on a home game in the first round.

Wagner was clearly the better team and deserved the win, but walking away friom a home playoff game makes no sense.

The committee was afraid nobody would find the stadium.What a sad and gloomy place to be....................can't see how Colgate recruits players into the middle of nowhere. Love the gravel underneath the home bleachers. reminds me of driving in WVxlolx

GoCats23
August 20th, 2013, 08:41 PM

We were the three seed.

Hammerhead
August 21st, 2013, 09:38 AM
The semifinal round had the most competitive games with two 3-point wins.

1st round avg. margin of victory: 19.75
2nd round avg. margin of victory: 13.57
3nd round avg. margin of victory: 13.75

Go...gate
August 21st, 2013, 12:16 PM
The committee was afraid nobody would find the stadium.What a sad and gloomy place to be....................can't see how Colgate recruits players into the middle of nowhere. Love the gravel underneath the home bleachers. reminds me of driving in WVxlolx

You should have seen that side back in the day, when it was wooden bleachers with lots of splinters.

Not so sad and gloomy, though. Come see a game on a nice fall day and you will understand.

Mr. C
August 21st, 2013, 01:33 PM

Someone made a mistake posting that. Obviously, Eastern Washington was the No. 2 seed and Montana State was the No. 3 seed. (as is shown on the official NCAA brackets). EWU BEAT Montana State in the regular season and the two teams tied for the Big Sky championship, along with Cal Poly. EWU also won the auto-bid from the Big Sky Conference.

andy7171
August 21st, 2013, 02:22 PM
Not to be bitter or anything, but my school really took it iin the pants by the selection committee.

cmaxwellgsu
August 21st, 2013, 02:30 PM
That was a gut wrencher for sure. Huge momentum swings both ways. Mistakes by both teams but key plays made at crucial times too. Just a fun college football game!

It sure was a gut wrencher. For those criticizing Brock Jensen's skills, that game is a pretty good dismissal of them all. While the guy is not a stat machine like a lot of college QB's, he put the Bison on his back for the game winning drive.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 21st, 2013, 02:42 PM
It sure was a gut wrencher. For those criticizing Brock Jensen's skills, that game is a pretty good dismissal of them all. While the guy is not a stat machine like a lot of college QB's, he put the Bison on his back for the game winning drive.

not gonna lie. I watch it back every once and while to see Jeff Monken lose his ****ing mind when he has to take the 2nd timeout at the end. If he had a dog, he may have kicked it at that moment.

Wallace
August 21st, 2013, 06:38 PM
My typo! Montana State was #3. I should have just copied it from College Sporting News (http://www.collegesportingnews.com/content.php?865-2012-NCAA-Division-I-Football-Championship-Field-Announced)

FIRST ROUND GAMES, NOVEMBER 24

South Dakota State 58, Eastern Illinois 10 | Recap | Stats
Coastal Carolina 24, *Bethune-Cookman 14 | Recap | Stats
*Stony Brook 20, Villanova 10 | Recap | Stats
*Wagner 31, Colgate 20 | Recap | Stats

SECOND ROUND GAMES, DECEMBER 1

#1 North Dakota State 28, South Dakota State 3 | Recap | Stats
Wofford 23, New Hampshire 7 | Recap | Stats
#5 Georgia Southern 24, Central Arkansas 16 | Recap | Stats
#4 Old Dominion 63, Coastal Carolina 35 | Recap | Stats
#3 Montana State 16, Stony Brook 10 | Recap | Stats
Sam Houston State 18, Cal Poly 16 | Recap | Stats
Illinois State 38, Appalachian State 37 (OT) | Recap | Stats
#2 Eastern Washington 29, Wagner 19 | Recap | Stats

QUARTERFINAL ROUND GAME, DECEMBER 7

Sam Houston State 34, #3 Montana State 16 | Recap | Stats

QUARTERFINAL ROUND GAMES, DECEMBER 8

#1 North Dakota State 14, Wofford 7 | Recap | Stats
#5 Georgia Southern 49, #4 Old Dominion 35 | Recap | Stats
#2 Eastern Washington 51, Illinois State 35 | Recap | Stats

SEMIFINAL ROUND GAME, DECEMBER 14

#1 North Dakota State 23, #5 Georgia Southern 20 | Recap | Stats

SEMIFINAL ROUND GAME, DECEMBER 15

Sam Houston State 45, #2 Eastern Washington 42 | Recap | Stats

NCAA DIVISION I FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME, JANUARY 5, 2013

#1 North Dakota State 31, Sam Houston State 13 | Recap | Stats

blueballs
August 21st, 2013, 06:51 PM

Despite the fact my team lost, that was a great game and a great showcase for the division and playoff football.

Man am I going to miss the playoffs!!!!!!

Twentysix
August 21st, 2013, 07:36 PM
Despite the fact my team lost, that was a great game and a great showcase for the division and playoff football.

Don't worry, you will rejoin us shortly and their shall be playoffs.

eaglewraith
August 21st, 2013, 08:52 PM
not gonna lie. I watch it back every once and while to see Jeff Monken lose his ****ing mind when he has to take the 2nd timeout at the end. If he had a dog, he may have kicked it at that moment.

I was at that point just watching the game in how we bungled that personnel package getting onto the field.

Mr. C
August 22nd, 2013, 12:39 AM
Not to be bitter or anything, but my school really took it iin the pants by the selection committee.

Unfortunately, there is some incriminating evidence that leads one to believe that some of the brackets were already in place BEFORE UNH and Towson played their final game.

frozennorth
August 22nd, 2013, 02:18 AM

I think it was appropriate that GSU and NDSU got the opportunity to play the last two years. It would have been a huge loss if the two sub-FBS super-heavyweights (no disrespect to um, asu, ysu and others) had never matched up with everything on the line and both programs in prime form.

eaglewraith
August 22nd, 2013, 08:11 AM
I think it was appropriate that GSU and NDSU got the opportunity to play the last two years. It would have been a huge loss if the two sub-FBS super-heavyweights (no disrespect to um, asu, ysu and others) had never matched up with everything on the line and both programs in prime form.

I honestly think you only got our best shot once, and that was last year. We weren't quite back to our full potential in 2011, as we had a QB that didn't threaten the defense the same way as QB's in our past had. You guys were definitely strong that year though. That game last year really should have been played in Frisco. We shouldn't have been forced to matchup before then. Would have made an epic game even more epic.

andy7171
August 22nd, 2013, 10:14 AM
Unfortunately, there is some incriminating evidence that leads one to believe that some of the brackets were already in place BEFORE UNH and Towson played their final game.

Well isn't that a great picker-upper! And certainly explains the first round bye they got a day after getting kicked all over the field.