PDA

View Full Version : PSU vs OSU in the Oregonian

JALMOND
September 15th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Don't worry. The Portland Oregonian did not get the game wrong, but Ken Goe, sports editor and Pac-10 follower had these tidbits in a mock comparison between the football programs at Portland State and Oregon State this year so far...

ANYONE, ANY TIME, ANY PLACE (Oregonian 9-15-06 by Ken Goe)

1. Oregon State pummeled a I-AA team and was thrashed by a mid-major I-A team.
2. Portland State clobbered a I-AA team and slapped around a mid-major I-A team.
3. OSU's nonconference schedule: Eastern Washington, Boise State, Idaho, Hawaii.
4. PSU's nonconference schedule: New Mexico, California, Oregon.
5. It's confusing, which one is I-AA and which is the BCS school?

Pretty amazing coming from someone who thought PSU stood only for Penn State University.

Tod
September 15th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Don't worry. The Portland Oregonian did not get the game wrong, but Ken Goe, sports editor and Pac-10 follower had these tidbits in a mock comparison between the football programs at Portland State and Oregon State this year so far...

ANYONE, ANY TIME, ANY PLACE (Oregonian 9-15-06 by Ken Goe)

1. Oregon State pummeled a I-AA team and was thrashed by a mid-major I-A team.
2. Portland State clobbered a I-AA team and slapped around a mid-major I-A team.
3. OSU's nonconference schedule: Eastern Washington, Boise State, Idaho, Hawaii.
4. PSU's nonconference schedule: New Mexico, California, Oregon.
5. It's confusing, which one is I-AA and which is the BCS school?

Pretty amazing coming from someone who thought PSU stood only for Penn State University.

PSU would beat OSU, I think. There's a game I wish PSU had this year. :nod:

Mr. C
September 16th, 2006, 01:40 AM
I know you can't make too much out of score comparisons, but it will be interesting to see what Portland State does against Eastern Washington. EWU was thrashed by Oregon State and also looked pretty bad against West Virginia (saw both games on TV), but you would have to think that the Eagles will improve and become more stabilized on offense by the time they meet the Vikings.