PDA

View Full Version : COLLEGE SPORTING NEWS 2013 PRESEASON TOP 25

Wallace
August 14th, 2013, 08:48 PM
I didn't see a thread here but this is what was released on Monday (http://www.gobison.com/news/2013/8/13/FB_0813133314.aspx):

COLLEGE SPORTING NEWS 2013 PRESEASON TOP 25

1. North Dakota State
2. Montana State
3. Georgia Southern
4. Eastern Washington
5. Sam Houston State
6. Villanova
7. Appalachian State
8. Towson
9. South Dakota State
10. Central Arkansas
11. New Hampshire
12. Illinois State
13. Northern Iowa
14. Wofford
15. Montana
16. Northern Arizona
17. Stony Brook
18. Eastern Illinois
19. Cal Poly
20. Richmond
21. James Madison
22. Chattanooga
23. Coastal Carolina
24. Youngstown State
25. Delaware

Others receiving votes: Tennessee State, Bethune-Cookman, Arkansas-Pine Bluff, Wagner, Lehigh, Colgate, Sacramento State, The Citadel.

By College Sporting News
http://www.collegesportingnews.com/content.php?925-Two-Time-Defending-Champion-North-Dakota-State-highlights-the-CSN-2013-Preseason-Poll

RichH2
August 14th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Shame not seeing Lehigh but do agree with no preseason ranking.

Pard4Life
August 14th, 2013, 09:07 PM
Shame not seeing Lehigh but do agree with no preseason ranking.

They are where they belong: receiving votes.

rokamortis
August 15th, 2013, 04:28 AM
How many voters are there? I didn't see the number of first place votes.

Who votes on this poll?

MR. CHICKEN
August 15th, 2013, 07:54 AM
18014......SEVEN CAA'S........xconfusedxxdontknowxxconfusedx......A WK!

LUHawker
August 15th, 2013, 09:27 AM
They are where they belong: receiving votes.

I almost never agree with P4L, but too many question marks for LU to be ranked. If Bialkowski at QB proves to be solid, this could change quickly, but I am not bothered by us not being ranked. I think LU places 1 to 3 in the PL (including Fordham).

Lehigh Football Nation
August 15th, 2013, 09:29 AM
I see Lehigh fans are succumbing to Stockholm Syndrome. xrolleyesx I mean, I expect this from P4L, but... really?

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 15th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Cal Poly is too low.
Montana State #2?
Montana at #15?

LUHawker
August 15th, 2013, 10:34 AM
I see Lehigh fans are succumbing to Stockholm Syndrome. xrolleyesx I mean, I expect this from P4L, but... really?

It is a younger team this year LFN, so not unreasonable.

Nickels
August 15th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Cal Poly is too low.
Montana State #2?
Montana at #15?
I think CP is the most under rated team headed into this season. Not just in this poll but most others too.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 15th, 2013, 10:44 AM
It is a younger team this year LFN, so not unreasonable.

All the teams outside of the Top 12 or so have question marks. I don't beleive Pard4life does any research. Rather, he spews his usual one sided rant. He literally says the same thing over and over.

fmrbearkat
August 15th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Im sorry but EWU has a 75% chance to start the season 1-3. I don't see them winnig at Oregon State or Toledo. Then having to play a 2:00 oclock game in the Southeast Texas sauna against SHSU is very likely a loss. They will have a very hard time even making the playoffs if that is the case.

Hammerhead
August 15th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Montana State might keep their #2 ranking past week 1 since they backed out of the trip to Fargo. xlolx

LUHawker
August 15th, 2013, 04:10 PM
All the teams outside of the Top 12 or so have question marks. I don't beleive Pard4life does any research. Rather, he spews his usual one sided rant. He literally says the same thing over and over.

You are correct and I think your characterization of P4L as spewing is correct. It just happens that he gets lucky once in a while. He does like to obsess over us though, doesn't he? :D

Pard4Life
August 15th, 2013, 09:11 PM

xeyebrowx You mistake being persistent with being unprepared. I know my facts and figures... I'm probably second to LFN with regard to PL knowledge.

With regard to Lehigh, I just pick and choose which facts I want to believe, like right-wing radio and FOX News.

Pard4Life
August 15th, 2013, 09:12 PM
You are correct and I think your characterization of P4L as spewing is correct. It just happens that he gets lucky once in a while. He does like to obsess over us though, doesn't he? :D

No, I just like to confront the forces of evil.

Pard4Life
August 15th, 2013, 09:16 PM
I almost never agree with P4L, but too many question marks for LU to be ranked. If Bialkowski at QB proves to be solid, this could change quickly, but I am not bothered by us not being ranked. I think LU places 1 to 3 in the PL (including Fordham).

Yep, anytime you have a major QB change, especially at this level, there are major questions... and the secondary is gone. But given Lehigh's past performance, they probably only need to go 3-1 or 4-1 to hit 20 in the polls.

Top three I'd go 1) Fordham 2) Lafayette 3) HC/Lehigh. LC and LU even at this point but of course, have to give the edge to the Pards.

LUHawker
August 16th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Yep, anytime you have a major QB change, especially at this level, there are major questions... and the secondary is gone. But given Lehigh's past performance, they probably only need to go 3-1 or 4-1 to hit 20 in the polls.

Top three I'd go 1) Fordham 2) Lafayette 3) HC/Lehigh. LC and LU even at this point but of course, have to give the edge to the Pards.

Yeah, you're right, the pards should get the edge given that they have lost 5 straight to LU.

Pard4Life
August 16th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Yeah, you're right, the pards should get the edge given that they have lost 5 straight to LU.

Exactly. Streaks do not continue in perpetuity.

pike51
August 16th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Why is ti that GSU and App are question marks but ODU isn't in any FCS polls? They are in the same transition year. Needs to be the same for everyone. Sorry that we're messing up your poll guys!

LUHawker
August 16th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Exactly. Streaks do not continue in perpetuity.

But that does not provide a basis for to "have to give the edge to the Pards"

Momentum is a tough thing to change.

fmrbearkat
August 16th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Why is ti that GSU and App are question marks but ODU isn't in any FCS polls? They are in the same transition year. Needs to be the same for everyone. Sorry that we're messing up your poll guys!

Here's your answer:

Craig Haley, who heads The Sports Network's FCS coverage, said Appalachian and Georgia Southern remain in the Southern Conference and play FCS schedules. ODU, meanwhile, is an independent, has spent a year recruiting for FBS and plays five FBS opponents.
ODU’s situation is different in that the Monarchs announced prior to last season that they would move to C-USA, but elected to delay the two-year transition period by a year. Last year, ODU played a Colonial Athletic Association schedule, and although ineligible for the official league title, won an at-large bid to the NCAA playoffs.
“We’re trying to be fair to the student athletes,” Haley wrote, via email, noting that last season was ODU’s transition season, as far as he is concerned.
ODU coach Bobby Wilder said he agrees.
“Georgia Southern and Appalachian State are in the Southern Conference and we’re an independent,” Wilder said.
“It would be interesting to see if Taylor could win the Payton Award again. But I don’t know how you compare us to FCS schools. Our program is so different from where it was a year ago.
“I think The Sports Network is correct in how they’re approaching this. We are an FBS independent this season. We’d like for our players to be eligible for some FBS awards this season.”
ODU is eligible for Steele’s postseason awards, and several players were honored in his preseason publication.