PDA

View Full Version : Bad news for the Kats, Pate possibly out for SMU

blackfordpu
September 15th, 2006, 08:56 AM
Not good at all but Daugherty is a good back up if he can shake the rust off.

Injury bug bites Bearkats

With Pate likely sidelined by bum shoulder, SHSU turns to backup Daugherty

By Cody Stark
Assistant Sports Editor

There is a good chance that Sam Houston State will be without starting quarterback Wade Pate for Saturday’s matchup with SMU in Dallas.

Pate suffered a Grade 3 shoulder separation in the third quarter of last weekend’s season-opening victory over Arkansas-Monticello.

“The chances of me playing this weekend are very slim,” Pate said Thursday. “As far as my shoulder, I have a good range of motion, but beyond that it’s not doing very well. I tried to pad up for practice one day, but I just couldn’t handle holding it up anymore.

http://www.itemonline.com/sports/local_story_258010835.html?keyword=topstory

AppGuy04
September 15th, 2006, 08:58 AM
Too bad Bomar can't play for ya

McNeese75
September 15th, 2006, 09:04 AM
That is a shame. I certainly liked your chances with Pate in the game.

kats89
September 15th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Look for Bomar mid season. Daugherty is a capable QB if he can just be consistent with what he does. He has all the tools, but just cant seem to put it all together. Maybe this will be a breakout game.

http://www.gobearkats.com/football/front_big/175_daugherty.jpg

Ivytalk
September 15th, 2006, 09:15 AM
That is a shame. I certainly liked your chances with Pate in the game.
Me too.

Cat79
September 15th, 2006, 09:23 AM
Sam Houston has a good chance to win this game. UNT took SMU to the woodshed for a beating last week. Daugherty is a good QB who came into SHSU from Texas Tech. He has over a year under his belt with the Kats. I like their chances in this game. Prediction SHSU 31 SMUmylittle Ponies 3:hurray:

slycat
September 15th, 2006, 09:30 AM
atleast smu lost their RB. good luck to yall in this one. bring home a big win for the slc.:hurray: :hurray:

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2006, 11:02 AM
Look for Bomar mid season. Daugherty is a capable QB if he can just be consistent with what he does. He has all the tools, but just cant seem to put it all together. Maybe this will be a breakout game.

I agree...

People give Daughtery some crap, but he never really got a chance to learn the system last year. Came into the Bearkat fold as fall drills were wrapping up before the season.

He's had a full year to learn from OC James Ferguson who has tutored Josh McCown, Dustin Long and even SHSU head coach Todd Whitten (when he was SFA's star QB - who signed an NFL free agent deal). PD is going to be ready to roll and I would not be surprised if he puts 225+ yards on the Mustangs defense. If he finds his WRs, he'll have no problems. Kats OL just needs to give him protection!

Bobcat94
September 15th, 2006, 11:12 AM
Why was Pate in during the third quarter? Y'all had the game well in hand. Anyway good luck with SMU.

NSUDemon98
September 15th, 2006, 11:21 AM
Not good at all but Daugherty is a good back up if he can shake the rust off.

Injury bug bites Bearkats

With Pate likely sidelined by bum shoulder, SHSU turns to backup Daugherty

By Cody Stark
Assistant Sports Editor

There is a good chance that Sam Houston State will be without starting quarterback Wade Pate for Saturday’s matchup with SMU in Dallas.

Pate suffered a Grade 3 shoulder separation in the third quarter of last weekend’s season-opening victory over Arkansas-Monticello.

“The chances of me playing this weekend are very slim,” Pate said Thursday. “As far as my shoulder, I have a good range of motion, but beyond that it’s not doing very well. I tried to pad up for practice one day, but I just couldn’t handle holding it up anymore.

http://www.itemonline.com/sports/local_story_258010835.html?keyword=topstory

Not too sure how much it will matter. SMU is THAT bad...

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Why was Pate in during the third quarter? Y'all had the game well in hand. Anyway good luck with SMU.

Hey now, we were only up 20-3 at the half! That game wasn't even over yet. Game was not in hand until Pate got us up 27-3 with less than ten minutes left in the third quarter...

FYI, patssle of KatFans.com is reporting, "Talked to him today...good chance he'll have surgery which means he'll be out for the season. He certainly won't be playing Saturday. "

Apparently, he was barely below the line as it related to have surgery and they decided it was best that he just go ahead and have the surgery...

kats89
September 15th, 2006, 09:29 PM
I agree...

People give Daughtery some crap, but he never really got a chance to learn the system last year. Came into the Bearkat fold as fall drills were wrapping up before the season.

He's had a full year to learn from OC James Ferguson who has tutored Josh McCown, Dustin Long and even SHSU head coach Todd Whitten (when he was SFA's star QB - who signed an NFL free agent deal). PD is going to be ready to roll and I would not be surprised if he puts 225+ yards on the Mustangs defense. If he finds his WRs, he'll have no problems. Kats OL just needs to give him protection!

Obviously you didnt see him play last week. Not very encouraging IMO. but, this week is a new week. I honestly think this could be a break out game for him.

Good News, Perry will be suited up.

PD is our man. I have confindence he can do it.

http://www.gobearkats.com/football/front_big/300_daugherty.jpg