PDA

View Full Version : SI.com on David Ball

UNH 40
September 15th, 2006, 07:40 AM
It is nice to see a I-AA player getting the recognition that he deserves from a national media source. It not a bad little article.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/ncaa/09/14/unh.ball.ap/index.html

It would be nice to see him do it at home this weekend.:hurray: :hurray:

Blue Hen Nation
September 15th, 2006, 07:43 AM
I'm not looking forward to this guy coming to the Tub on the 30th. : smh :

Granite
September 15th, 2006, 08:08 AM
It is nice to see a I-AA player getting the recognition that he deserves from a national media source. It not a bad little article.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/ncaa/09/14/unh.ball.ap/index.html

It would be nice to see him do it at home this weekend.:hurray: :hurray:

Awesome article, good find 40. I'd love to see it happen at home vs. Stony - its certainly possible. UNH fans are really spoiled right now, having the opportunity to watch the Santos-Ball tandem. Its been a lot of fun over the past 3 years.

LacesOut
September 15th, 2006, 08:11 AM
Wow, he seems like a great kid, really humble.

I hope he catches 56 TD's this year and UNH wins the National Championship.

GO UNH!!

OxSoxUNH05
September 15th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Oh man I hope he gets 4 against Stony Brook. I want to be there when it happens.

Blue Hen Nation
September 15th, 2006, 09:32 AM
Oh man I hope he gets 4 against Stony Brook. I want to be there when it happens.

I hope he saves it for Delaware, but it's unlikely.

LBPop
September 15th, 2006, 11:47 AM

Don't blink...it will happen very quickly. :nod:

Gordon Shumway
September 15th, 2006, 12:52 PM
I will be shocked if he does it this weekend. If this game turns out as expected, I can't imagine McDonnell using Ball to run up the score. Now if Stony Brook were to come in and hang 35 on them, then all bets are off. Unfortunately, the numbers from their first two games don't suggest that is likely to happen.

PapaBear
September 15th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Ball's journey should be required reading for any high school football player who wants to play at a high level but doesn't think it's possible because no one has offerred him any scholarship money.

As much as I dread Maine having to face him, I'm not looking forward to his graduation. He's a treat to watch and he deserves all the accolades he has received.

UNHWildCats
September 15th, 2006, 01:09 PM
This from todays New Hampshire Union Leader...

McDonnell, Santos and Ball all offered up pretty much the same sentiment on one of the issues of the day on media day in Durham on Wednesday: When it happens, it happens.
Ball’s two touchdown catches against Northwestern put him at 47 for his career, three shy of the record 50 NFL great Jerry Rice had at Mississippi Valley State.

“I’d love to see him do it Saturday,” McDonnell said and then smiled. “That means we would have scored that many points and I think we’d be in pretty good shape.”

Granite
September 15th, 2006, 02:25 PM
I will be shocked if he does it this weekend. If this game turns out as expected, I can't imagine McDonnell using Ball to run up the score. Now if Stony Brook were to come in and hang 35 on them, then all bets are off. Unfortunately, the numbers from their first two games don't suggest that is likely to happen.

Well, running up the score is not something that Coach Mac and Coach Kelly do intentionally, but UNH has been known to put up some points at home. Its going to happen when it happens, but I'm not sure I'd be shocked if it happened against Stony Brook.

For what its worth and completely off topic, the new version of www.unhwildcats.com is abysmal. Its impossible to find anything, and its devoid of information - I don't know if they are updating or what, but there is a lot of historical info (past box scores, press releases, old schedules, etc.) that have disappeared in the migration to this new format. I hope they restore the content soon, because the new functionality isn't enough to justify blowing up the site the way they did.

HensRock
September 15th, 2006, 02:51 PM
I'm not looking forward to this guy coming to the Tub on the 30th. : smh :

We could see him tie Rice's record for career games with a TD catch at the Tub. David is currently at 23 and Rice's record is 26.

Also the Career # of TD catches (50) is in range for 9/30. Ball is at 47.

Gordon Shumway
September 15th, 2006, 04:28 PM
Granite....I was just basing the "shock" factor on the Iona game last year. A real big score, but they ran the ball all day. Santos was pretty much gone after one quarter.

I certainly agree with you on the new website. They had a ton of historical data that just went poof!!

September 15th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Note: with 51 TD receptions Ball will set the D-I record currently shared by Rice (MVSU) and Troy Edwards (Louisiana Tech).

Granite
September 15th, 2006, 04:52 PM
Granite....I was just basing the "shock" factor on the Iona game last year. A real big score, but they ran the ball all day. Santos was pretty much gone after one quarter.

I certainly agree with you on the new website. They had a ton of historical data that just went poof!!

Good point, GS - plus he does need 3 TDs just to tie the record. We'll see tomorrow I guess! But nothing really surprises me with this offense - except when they turn the ball over a billion times and go 1-7 on fourth down conversions at home in the playoffs....:bang: