DB - Jake DeMedal (SFU)
DB - Jarrett Dieudonne (Wagner)
DB - Jeremy Woodson (Bryant)

K - David Lopez (Wagner)
P - Tony LaMancusa (RMU)
RS - Rob Hollomon (CCSU)

crusader11
August 12th, 2013, 01:02 PM
What's the deal with CCSU? Seemed like they were a fringe Top 25 team a few years ago.

I only ask because Holy Cross travels to New Britain this year.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 12th, 2013, 01:04 PM
What's the deal with CCSU? Seemed like they were a fringe Top 25 team a few years ago.

They did Lehigh no favors last year. They were definitely headed in the right direction a few years ago.

Pard4Life
August 12th, 2013, 02:20 PM
7.... Sacred Heart... cupcake?

smallcollegefbfan
August 12th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Harris, Kino, Bell, Dalton, and Williams are big time legit players. Williams, Dalton, and Bell have a good shot to play on Sundays.

aceinthehole
August 12th, 2013, 04:50 PM

Not exactly sure, but recruiting and play calling has taken some steps back. The last 2 seasons in New Britain have been awful 6-15 (.286). However, before that we had 7 straight winning seasons and 4 NEC Championships under 2 different head coaches. We were ranked a few times and had a great record at home.

First, I think the NEC as a whole has gotten much better - just look at Wagner's rise. CCSU hasn't had the depth, had to deal with significant injuries, and the defense has fallen off a ton. I hope this program is headed in the right direction again, but I think a 6-6 season is a best case scenario for this year's team. Hope I'm wrong, but we won't likely won't be a "quality win" on anyone's schedule this year.

aceinthehole
August 12th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Seems coach agrees with me as well ;)

CENTRAL CONNECTICUT BLUE DEVILS
2013 Projected NEC Finish: 6th
2012 Record (NEC): 2-8 (2-5)
2012 NEC Finish: 8th
Returning Starters (Offense/Defense): 7/9

Outlook: The Blue Devils earned at least a share of the NEC title during Jeff McInerney's fourth and fifth seasons at the helm before enduring back-to-back losing records in 2011 and 2012.

"We lost our way," said McInerney "And we have to get back to fundamentals."

As the Blue Devils attempt to rediscover their old ways, having a preseason All-American all-purpose runner should help. Junior Rob Hollomon, a transfer from Kent State, topped the NEC in all-purpose yardage (1,710) in 2012. Whether he's carrying the football or returning kicks, Hollomon is a threat to break a big play any time he touches the pigskin. Meanwhile, Denzell Jones gives Central a big, physical target in the passing game.

"We turned the ball over and we weren't fundamentally sound," said McInerney of the offense's difficulties last year. "We have to improve our play at quarterback. We have to block better."

As for the defensive side of the ball, McInerney pointed at poor tackling as one issue in need of correction. "On defense, we gave up way too many big plays last year. We've gone back and worked on it."

The Blue Devils welcome back nine defensive starters from a season ago, including lineman Josh Alaeze.

Go...gate
August 12th, 2013, 07:29 PM
7.... Sacred Heart... cupcake?

Saw them play at Colgate last Fall. Seemed like a pretty competitive club. Graduation losses?

Pard4Life
August 12th, 2013, 10:36 PM
Saw them play at Colgate last Fall. Seemed like a pretty competitive club. Graduation losses?

Maybe. Need to investigate. We lose to them, I'm mailing back my season tickets and rooting for Columbia, where I know not to have expectations each year.