PDA

View Full Version : Tenn. Tech/ Middle Tenn. St.

AppGuy04
September 14th, 2006, 06:27 PM
0-0 5:48 1st quarter

AppGuy04
September 14th, 2006, 06:31 PM
3-0 MTSU

4:05 1st qtr

AppGuy04
September 14th, 2006, 06:39 PM
End of 1st

3-0 MTSU

chattanoogamocs
September 14th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Go TECH!

LeopardFan04
September 14th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Still 3-0, 9:26 to go in the half

Mr. C
September 14th, 2006, 07:08 PM
I hate to say it, but neither of these teams looks very good. I think Tennessee Tech is in for a tough year in the OVC and I don't know if Middle Tennessee could beat EKU, JSU or EIU based on this performance.

Interception for MTSU to end another Tech drive.

chattanoogamocs
September 14th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Middle Tennessee = No offense.

(I think they have averaged 8.5 ppg thru their first two games)

Go TECH!

Mr. C
September 14th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Watching this makes me think that Chattanooga must be pretty good.

chattanoogamocs
September 14th, 2006, 07:09 PM
I hate to say it, but neither of these teams looks very good. I think Tennessee Tech is in for a tough year in the OVC and I don't know if Middle Tennessee could beat EKU, JSU or EIU based on this performance.

Interception for MTSU to end another Tech drive.

The top teams of the OVC and SoCon would be licking their chops for a chance at Middle right now.

EKU05
September 14th, 2006, 07:12 PM
Go Tech!!!! I'm looking forward to that ESPNU game in a few weeks.

AppGuy04
September 14th, 2006, 07:13 PM
4:12 2nd quarter, still 3-0 MTSU

Mr. C
September 14th, 2006, 07:19 PM
The top teams of the OVC and SoCon would be licking their chops for a chance at Middle right now.
There is some talk that Middle Tennessee State and Appalachian State are negotiating a home and home series.

Mr. C
September 14th, 2006, 07:20 PM
Tech is 0-18 all-time against I-A teams, perhaps tonight is the night to end that streak. Blocked punt by Tech.

Mr. C
September 14th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Tech had the ball on about the MTSU 30 with a little less than a minute in the half and wasted nearly 30 seconds to get a play off. Bad time management.

Mr. C
September 14th, 2006, 07:22 PM
13 seconds left after a MTSU sack.

LeopardFan04
September 14th, 2006, 07:22 PM
under a minute to go in the half, still 3-0

Mr. C
September 14th, 2006, 07:23 PM
Back-to-back sacks and fumbles for Tech. They lose the ball and the half ends. Pathetic offense on both sides.

LeopardFan04
September 14th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Sounds like a real thriller...

chattanoogamocs
September 14th, 2006, 07:28 PM
There is some talk that Middle Tennessee State and Appalachian State are negotiating a home and home series.

Very cool.

Check out the post I just made a bit ago about WKU/EKU.

Would be great to see more mid-tier IA's shwo some respect and play at IAA schools. If Middle went up to ASU right now, I have no doubt they would get drilled (and ASU would probably have a bigger crowd to boot)

AppGuy04
September 14th, 2006, 07:32 PM
3-0 Halftime

chattanoogamocs
September 14th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Middle has a decent defense...but (so far this year) no offense. The irony being, they fired their OC last year because of poor offensive production (he is now working wonders...sarcasm intended...down in Statesboro, Georgia)

(on a side note, Rodney Allison looked at Hinshaw last year to fill the OC spot at Chattanooga when Simpson left to take the helm at UT-Martin...based on last weekend's performance, I think most moc fans are glad he went to GSU)
:doh:

Eaglegus2
September 14th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Middle has a decent defense...but (so far this year) no offense. The irony being, they fired their OC last year because of poor offensive production (he is now working wonders...sarcasm intended...down in Statesboro, Georgia)

(on a side note, Rodney Allison looked at Hinshaw last year to fill the OC spot at Chattanooga when Simpson left to take the helm at UT-Martin...based on last weekend's performance, I think most moc fans are glad he went to GSU)
:doh:

If you want him, we wouldn't cry.xlolx

chattanoogamocs
September 14th, 2006, 07:45 PM
Trust me, there were some eyebrows raised when Allison picked a guy with only DII OC credentials over a IA OC...but R.A. showed why he is the coach (and we are second guessing on a messageboard xlolx)...he decided to go with a guy from a lower division, but with a lot of success...over a IA that had (kindly spoken) struggled.

I hope you guys get your offense straigthen out...but not until after September 23rd (come on, you guys have won 18 of 19 from the Mocs...you gotta throw us a bone every decade or so :rotateh:)

Mr. C
September 14th, 2006, 07:51 PM
MTSU took the opening kickoff deep into Tech territory and converted a third down (something that hasn't been done much in this game) and the play is currently under review as to where to spot the ball.

chattanoogamocs
September 14th, 2006, 08:00 PM
Middle got the score, but apparently missed the PAT

9-0 MT

Tech now has the ball near mid-field

AppGuy04
September 14th, 2006, 08:01 PM
9-0 mtsu, 10:00 3rd

chattanoogamocs
September 14th, 2006, 08:08 PM
TTU misses a 40 yard field goal...Middle takes over and promptly turns over the ball on an INT.

chattanoogamocs
September 14th, 2006, 08:12 PM
now TTU throws an INT...MT takes over and gets the 2nd on the 3rd play.

16-0 MT

WUTNDITWAA
September 14th, 2006, 08:14 PM
Good grief, what a sloppy game.:rotateh:

AppGuy04
September 14th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Yeah, little difficult to watch

chattanoogamocs
September 14th, 2006, 08:16 PM
thru 40 minutes of play...TTU has 57 total yards of offense, MT has 139.

WOW!

LeopardFan04
September 14th, 2006, 08:34 PM
yikes!

chattanoogamocs
September 14th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Unfortunately, TTU is starting to stink it up (another INT deep in their own territory) and MT is starting to find some offense.

Tech has NOTHING on the ground (-17 yards total) and three INT's.

yuck.

Into the 4th and MT has just scored...MT 30-0

chattanoogamocs
September 14th, 2006, 08:46 PM
TTU just turned it over again...on behalf of my father, uncle, and grandfather (all Tech Engr grads) I am officially raising the white flag on behalf of the Golden Eagles. xlolx

AppGuy04
September 14th, 2006, 08:54 PM
this got ugly fast

8:17 4th
37-0

Mr. C
September 14th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Did anyone else think that the Tech runner was down on the fumble MTSU turned into their last TD? I'm sorry, but even with some late scoring, I come away thinking the Blue Raiders are a terrible team. The top teams in I-AA would kill MTSU.

Mr. C
September 14th, 2006, 09:01 PM
Really classy on the part of Middle Tennessee to throw bombs with 2:30 left and leading 37-0. I hope MTSU loses the rest of their games, the scoring-running up creaps.

Mr. C
September 14th, 2006, 09:04 PM
Another MTSU score. They stink it up for three quarters and then make it look like they did something big by running up the score in the 4th. This wasn't a 44-0 game.

AppGuy04
September 14th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Another MTSU score. They stink it up for three quarters and then make it look like they did something big by running up the score in the 4th. This wasn't a 44-0 game.

exactly, they make it look like they played a good game

AppGuy04
September 14th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Final 44-0

Mr. C
September 14th, 2006, 09:30 PM
exactly, they make it look like they played a good game
Even the analysts back in the studio were falling prey to that, talking about how MTSU really came out to play in the second half and took care of business. Where are the cliche police when you need them?

Golden Eagle
September 14th, 2006, 10:07 PM
Well, running up the score makes sense in this case. Middle Tennessee Community College's prime concern is attendance. To get attendance, you have to win and you have to win big when you're supposed to. People reading the paper tomorrow say "whoa, they scored 44 points? High powered offense for the Raiders, maybe we should go see them next week".

Mr. C
September 14th, 2006, 10:43 PM
Well, running up the score makes sense in this case. Middle Tennessee Community College's prime concern is attendance. To get attendance, you have to win and you have to win big when you're supposed to. People reading the paper tomorrow say "whoa, they scored 44 points? High powered offense for the Raiders, maybe we should go see them next week".
It still doesn't make it the right thing to do. Anyone who watched the game knows the truth that MTSU isn't a very good team. By the way, the Blue Raiders won't be home again for eons, another result of being a team that screwed up by going I-A and now struggles to survive.

nothingbutjsu
September 15th, 2006, 02:14 AM
That final score is really scary TTU fans. What's happening in Cookeville?

dbackjon
September 15th, 2006, 11:07 PM
Dang - I didn't get to finish reading all the crap from the MTSU guys.....xlolx

JaxSinfonian
September 15th, 2006, 11:11 PM
Wow, I timed that right. Got to read some righteous tirades from Mr. C just before it all got zapped.

What a friendly thread.

WUTNDITWAA
September 15th, 2006, 11:22 PM
Hmmmmm. Half of this thread is gone. Somebody must've said something bad about I-AA football. :nono: :nono: :nono:

Either delete the thread completely or let it ride. This is crap.

Sensorship sux!

September 15th, 2006, 11:28 PM
... Sensorship sux!"Sensorship" xlolx There are rules here. We have moderators to enforce them. Personal attacks are forbidden. Read them. AGS follows clear rules. I read a bit of this thread and some people should have taken it to the smack board and kept personal stuff out of it.

WUTNDITWAA
September 15th, 2006, 11:31 PM
"Sensorship" xlolx There are rules here. We have moderators to enforce them. Personal attacks are forbidden. Read them. AGS follows clear rules. I read a bit of this thread and some people should have taken it to the smack board and kept personal stuff out of it.

Sounds like things got pretty bad, but delete the whole thread or close it with an explanation as to what happened. IMO it's not prudent to do it any other way.

September 15th, 2006, 11:34 PM
Sounds like things got pretty bad, but delete the whole thread or close it with an explanation as to what happened. IMO it's not prudent to do it any other way.I agree with the moderators that a decent thread should not be deleted or closed because of some troublemakers.

WUTNDITWAA
September 15th, 2006, 11:36 PM
I agree with the moderators that a decent thread should not be deleted or closed because of some troublemakers.

Your board, your call, but Thursday night is over -- though I don't agree with either I-A or I-AA bashing. Suppose it will jsut start to work its way down the ladder anyway. Afterall, can't get much run out of a 44-0 game anyway. BTW, it's Saturday over here on the East Coast. :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

September 15th, 2006, 11:37 PM
Your board, your call, but Thursday night is over. Suppose it will jsut start to work its way down the ladder anyway. Afterall, can't get much run out of a 44-0 game anyway. BTW, it's Saturday over here on the East Coast. :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:Not my board, not my call. Rules, sir, rules.

Mr. C
September 16th, 2006, 01:10 AM
What the heck happened here? I go somewhere for an hour and this thread is cut in half and BlueRaiderPride is on the banned list. Did BlueRaiderPride have a little too much pride, or did someone else post something exceptionally nasty?

WUTNDITWAA
September 16th, 2006, 08:58 AM
Not my board, not my call. Rules, sir, rules.

Yeah, but you are the face of the board, pencil-etched at that.

I will say this though: If ASU were to move to I-A, I doubt I'd spend my time preaching superiority to folks on the I-AA boards -- no matter what was said. What's the point?

Saint3333
September 16th, 2006, 09:45 AM
It appears that is not entirely true:

You will receive this error message is you were to try to ignore Ralph for some reason:smiley_wi .

"Sorry ralph is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her."

AppGuy04
September 16th, 2006, 09:59 AM
They were borderline earlier, so I can only imagine it got worse.

TigerFan17
September 16th, 2006, 11:56 AM
My post was deleted. All I did was ask him to admit that the Sun Belt is terrible. Thats not personal. Thats statement of fact.

AppGuy04
September 16th, 2006, 12:05 PM
My post was deleted. All I did was ask him to admit that the Sun Belt is terrible. Thats not personal. Thats statement of fact.

I think they just deleted the whole segment where the thread started going downhill.

blueraiderjt
September 16th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Uh, you guys were talking smack about us. The bottom line is we handled our business. No TTU fan should be talking any smack whatsoever unless it is a women's basketball game.

You guys act like 1-A is a cakewalk. Well try it! It is a hard life. We have had a tough road with the previous staff dang near killing our program entirely with the APR and not making our guys go to class. So Stock, our new coach comes in and cleans house and has to basically start from scratch. We are 2-1 even with only 70 something players and a totally revamped squad. You guys have no clue. But the difference is we are winning the games that we should. We beat FIU and TTU like we should have. We didn't even play some of our top players at all. You can criticize us all you want but you can't argue with the final. It's 4 quarters, not 2.

As far as Appy ST. is concerned, you guys can come play us and find out if you can beat us or not. We outgained Maryland and held them to under 300 yds and held TTU to 135. You have no clue. Until you start playing teams like Oklahoma, Maryland, Louisville, and South Carolina for you OOC every year, you can't say jack!! We don't play Mars Hill and Gardner-Webb. I'm not even saying we're better (although we are), I'm saying no 1-aa can compare themselves to a 1-a. It's a totally different animal. WKU fans are about to find that out.

I'm a fan of 1AA since I was a student at middle 93'-97' and we were 1AA. But I would have never compared a 1aa to a 1a.

You guys trashed us this entire thread. We gave TTU a tremendous opp to be on National TV. Even tho they lost, they can recruit with it. How many 1aa teams get to be on national TV unless it's december? One TTU fans called us a community college. How big is your campus bro? Our's is over a 1,000 acres. How many students you have? We have about 24,000. I've been to Tech and it is more of a community college than we will ever be. Great engineering and that's it. So don't get pissed when we talk back when you guys start the smack talk. If we lost, you guys would have an arguement. But we won and then you say, big deal you're 1A. Give me a break. Y'all just keep dreamin about jumpin to 1-a while we keep actually playing in it. And you're welcome for the paycheck and national TV exposure. That game also got a mention on sportscenter BTW.

Good luck to you.

blueraiderjt
September 16th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Oh, one more thing. Tigerfan, you say the sun belt is terrible. Dude, you are in the freakin Atlantic 10. Sheesh. Any belt team would throttle you. Troy took FSU and GA Tech to the wire. We gave Maryland all they wanted and held them to 50 less yards than WVU did. FIU loses to South Fla by 1. ASU beats Army. North Tx drills SMU last week. Monroe loses to Kansas by 2. Ku has gone to 2 bowls in the last 3 years. Troy has beaten Missouri and Nothern Illinios in the last 2 years. We beat a 4-0 Vandy team last year and shut down a 1st round nfl draft pick. We have also beaten Akron 2 years ago with another NFL QB who is starting now. We shut him down too. Can you compare this to the SEC or Big East? Heck no. But we are relatively new teams to 1a and we are having to recruit 1a talent against 1a school. You smucks can get a 1a player who can transfer with no playing time missed. We don't even have that benefit. Again, until you play 3 to 4 top 25 teams each year just for your OOc sched you really can't say jack.

You obviously have no idea about the business side of the game and do not understand what an undertaking it is to even be 1A. What we are doing now is incredible with getting the same type of turf the Baltimore ravens have and the new uniform deal with Nike and averaging over 20k to our games this season. We are up and coming and have home games with Louisville (this year on ESPN2), Maryland, Memphis, and Virginia in the next couple of years. You can't even compare dude.

You trash us but you know nothing about us. Your conference has done nothing even in 1-aa. So before you go trashing 1-a conferences, take care of your own first. Richmond will kick your rears anyway and they beat DUKE. How will that make you feel. We've won more than friggin DUKE in our worst days. So please, no more wack a$$ comparisons to a world you no nothing about and never will.

dbackjon
September 16th, 2006, 07:03 PM
MTSU fans - please don't refer to the Louisville game as a Home game - it is in NASHVILLE, and will have more Louisville fans than MTSU fans in attendance.