PDA

View Full Version : Pete's Power Poll for Week-2

Pete's Weekly
September 14th, 2006, 11:43 AM
The week-2 polls are out:
UNH & the A-10 are number-1's in the team and conference poll respectively. Ignore the top-25 list on the right side, sorry I did not have time to update that list, so click on the links in the center for the current rankings. I will get it this evening. Use the link in the center to pick your winners for this week as well.

Thanks,
Pete

Dane96
September 14th, 2006, 12:06 PM
How can anyone take a poll seriously when the pollster fails to rank an entire conference; Pete you are void of excuses for leaving off the NEC and its teams from your poll.

Unless you haven't noticed, the league is no-longer considered a mid-major because the mid-major moniker was for non-scholarship leagues other than the PL and IVY. The NEC is a scholarship league.

This is a league that owns victories over the MEAC, PL, and Southern Conferences...THIS SEASON!

HIU 93
September 14th, 2006, 12:11 PM
How can anyone take a poll seriously when the pollster fails to rank an entire conference; Pete you are void of excuses for leaving off the NEC and its teams from you poll.

Unless you haven't noticed, the league is no-longer considered a mid-major because the mid-major moniker was for non-scholarship leagues other than the PL and IVY. The NEC is a scholarship league.

This is a league that owns victories over the MEAC, PL, and Southern Conferences...THIS SEASON!

They need to be included in the poll. It is only fair.

LUHawker
September 14th, 2006, 12:19 PM
How can anyone take a poll seriously when the pollster fails to rank an entire conference; Pete you are void of excuses for leaving off the NEC and its teams from your poll.

Many folks skewer Pete's Poll on this board, but if you look at the objective of his efforts, it is exclusively an attempt to predict the 16 playoff teams. Given that objective, it is entirely appropriate to ignore the NEC, since those teams can't participate in the playoffs due to the Gridiron Classic post-season game.

LacesOut
September 14th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Polls are stupid this early in the season. And in general.

Poles like this however do matter in life.

http://twoday.net/static/sehpferd/images/stripper_pole.jpg

Dane96
September 14th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Many folks skewer Pete's Poll on this board, but if you look at the objective of his efforts, it is exclusively an attempt to predict the 16 playoff teams. Given that objective, it is entirely appropriate to ignore the NEC, since those teams can't participate in the playoffs due to the Gridiron Classic post-season game.

Wrong. Bob Ford, Callahan at Monmouth, and the new CCSU coach, along with the NEC commisioner ALL STATED LAST WEEK...an NEC team would be able to accept an invite.

It would be a contractual deal with the PFL which would either scrap the game or send the second place team to play the PFL champ.

LUHawker
September 14th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Wrong. Bob Ford, Callahan at Monmouth, and the new CCSU coach, along with the NEC commisioner ALL STATED LAST WEEK...an NEC team would be able to accept an invite.

It would be a contractual deal with the PFL which would either scrap the game or send the second place team to play the PFL champ.

Take it up with Pete then. I was simply pointing out how the poll is organized to explain why the mid-majors weren't in there. However, if I was organizing this poll, I would not change my criteria until and if one of these teams actually gets an invite - but hey, it's not my poll.

AppGuy04
September 14th, 2006, 01:22 PM
His "Poll" or whatever you want to call it is a joke, just ignore

carney2
September 14th, 2006, 01:25 PM
I want whatever it is that Pete's smoking.

TexasTerror
September 14th, 2006, 05:18 PM
His "Poll" or whatever you want to call it is a joke, just ignore

Hey now, if Pete had a BS (aka I-A) poll, he'd have Temple at #1. You can't joke about Pete's ability to draw attention! xcoffeex

SoCon48
September 14th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Polls are stupid this early in the season. And in general.

Poles like this however do matter in life.

She could crush a bowling ball with those thighs.

blukeys
September 14th, 2006, 08:50 PM
She could crush a bowling ball with those thighs.

Or Your ears!!!!!!!xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

WYOBISONMAN
September 14th, 2006, 09:15 PM
NDSU at number 38!!! I think PETE smokes POT when he makes this stuff up! No wonder no one cares about Pete's rankings...

:giveadamn:

igo4uni
September 14th, 2006, 10:12 PM

I'm thinking about putting something like this in my bedroom. Hope the wife doesn't mind!:cool: :cool:

blukeys
September 14th, 2006, 11:59 PM
I'm thinking about putting something like this in my bedroom. Hope the wife doesn't mind!:cool: :cool:

She won't unless you include the girl. If she has a problem send the entire attraction to me.