PDA

View Full Version : UNH's David Ball gets shot with Eagles

Pard4Life
August 2nd, 2013, 09:20 AM
David Ball back in action... I was disappointed he did not stick with an NFL team. Maybe in Kelly's system?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/02/sports/football/unsung-receiver-gets-another-shot-at-the-nfl.html?ref=football&_r=0

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 2nd, 2013, 09:21 AM
Talk about a revival story. He's got to be pushing 30...

NoDak 4 Ever
August 2nd, 2013, 09:22 AM
That's really funny because I thought it was a story about him getting shot.

Pard4Life
August 2nd, 2013, 09:23 AM
That's really funny because I thought it was a story about him getting shot.

Haha... yeah, shoddy journalistic headlines right there... xthumbsupx

blueballs
August 2nd, 2013, 09:26 AM
Advice to Ball: don't hang out with Riley Cooper.

NHwildEcat
August 2nd, 2013, 02:48 PM
Talk about a revival story. He's got to be pushing 30...

Yeah, he is 29.

Catproud61
August 3rd, 2013, 12:09 PM
He injured his quad in practice :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ivytalk
August 3rd, 2013, 01:18 PM
Advice to Ball: don't hang out with Riley Cooper.

Beat me to it!

32counter
August 3rd, 2013, 02:02 PM
Ball at Wide Receiver,Santos at QB and Kelly as Offensive Coordinator made UNH a very scary bunch to face on a Fall afternoon-especially in Durham,NH.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
August 3rd, 2013, 03:32 PM
Ball at Wide Receiver,Santos at QB and Kelly as Offensive Coordinator made UNH a very scary bunch to face on a Fall afternoon-especially in Durham,NH.

They had pretty good days in Piscataway, NJ and Evanston, IL as well!!! IIRC, Ball had at least two TD catches against both Rutgers and Northwestern, huge plays that were instrumental in the UNH victories. Two visits to Newark, DE were successful too! I will go to my grave (or dementia :D) with a mind's eye vision of the game winning Ball TD catch to ruin the Hen's flag raising game in 2004, the Santos baptism under fire game. And that 2006 shootout with Joe Flacco ending in a 52-49 UNH win still may be the best game I've attended, great atmosphere at this night game. The best execution for an entire game may have been during a 51-40 win at Villanova in 2004. The PA Wildcats had the #1 rated Defense going into the game but Santos-Ball were on fire and the Nova Offense hiccuped twice.

So many great memories.

eaglewraith
August 3rd, 2013, 08:04 PM

I was thinking this was a return to working with Chip Kelly.

That ****ing Statue of Liberty play.....