2 Victor Egu LB 1 6'3" 220 Concord, CA, De La Salle Yale
3 Marcel Ngachie LB 2 5'11" 200 Olney, MD, Our Lady of Good Counsel Albany
4 Jay Ellison DT 1 6'2" 285 Hamilton, GA, Harris County Georgia Southern
5 Terrence Upshaw RB 1 5'10" 190 Duluth, GA, Northview Appalachian State

list goes through the top 91 players

Interesting

eaglewraith
August 1st, 2013, 09:43 PM
Wait, shouldn't UTC have every name on the list?

I was told we didn't recruit any good players this year.

BEAR
August 1st, 2013, 10:07 PM
Not one UCA recruit on that list?

Oh NO!

How will we ever hold our top ten spot with NO talent coming in????!

(rolling eyes and shaking with fear )

clenz
August 1st, 2013, 10:37 PM
I noticed there seems to be an inverse relation between number of players a team had on this list and the quality of program

There are a couple exceptions though, of course

quando omni flunkus moritati

major095
August 1st, 2013, 10:50 PM
I noticed there seems to be an inverse relation between number of players a team had on this list and the quality of program

There are a couple exceptions though, of course

quando omni flunkus moritati

harvard, odu, siu, & app state... I see your point .. snicker

lionsrking2
August 2nd, 2013, 12:27 AM
I could pull an old lady off the street and put together a better list ... strikingly bad.

EKU-n-GSU
August 2nd, 2013, 06:11 AM
Only 2 players on list for NDSU....we are doomed. :D

Yeah, but the DT is 6'-5" @ 305 lbs. - that has to count as two, doesn't it? ;)

walliver
August 2nd, 2013, 06:30 AM
There seem to be three groups heavily rated on this list
1) Transition members
2) HBCU's
3) Ivies

Now we know why the SWAC and Ivies don't participate in the play-offs - they would kick our ***es.

Frequently, the best players in FCS are the ones who cruise in under the radar, so those of us not listed will probably still do well.

Engineer86
August 2nd, 2013, 07:08 AM
http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/fcs-football/recruiting

1 Chuck Baker WR 1 6'5" 265 Slidell, LA, Salmen Southern
2 Victor Egu LB 1 6'3" 220 Concord, CA, De La Salle Yale
3 Marcel Ngachie LB 2 5'11" 200 Olney, MD, Our Lady of Good Counsel Albany
4 Jay Ellison DT 1 6'2" 285 Hamilton, GA, Harris County Georgia Southern
5 Terrence Upshaw RB 1 5'10" 190 Duluth, GA, Northview Appalachian State

list goes through the top 91 players

265lbs WR??? I doubt for long.

Bisonator
August 2nd, 2013, 08:06 AM

The scout page lists him at 6'2 195. Wonder how many more mistakes there are in that list? Typical though!

Hammerhead
August 2nd, 2013, 09:44 AM
There are plenty of good/great FCS players who fall under the radar. If I recall correctly, Brock Jensen didn't even get offered a scholarship at NDSU until another recruit ended up going somewhere else. That's worked out OK for the Bison.

CrazyCat
August 2nd, 2013, 10:12 AM
Sacramento State and Portland State consistently lead the BSC in these types of recruiting rankings . xcoffeex

major095
August 2nd, 2013, 10:20 AM
There seem to be three groups heavily rated on this list
1) Transition members
2) HBCU's
3) Ivies

Now we know why the SWAC and Ivies don't participate in the play-offs - they would kick our ***es.

Frequently, the best players in FCS are the ones who cruise in under the radar, so those of us not listed will probably still do well.

odu does seemingly have half the list don't they. chuck baker was a lsu commit b/f he switched to southern. not 6'4 and not 265. spending 70 million on facilities will dramatically improve your recruiting, as will having a very nice indoor practice facility like they do in nashville. as for playoff participation... have they starting paying teams to participate or do the schools still have to pay to be a part of that? if it doesn't make dollars it doesn't make sense.

Silenoz
August 2nd, 2013, 10:35 AM
Only 2 players on list for NDSU....we are doomed. :D
0 from either Montana team. That's about par for the course for us (with these sorts of rankings) xeyebrowx

World
August 2nd, 2013, 10:49 AM
9 Kelly Hilinski QB 1 6'6" 211 Sherman Oaks, CA, Notre Dame Columbia

Oh my.....

Didn't know this superstar had decided to go to Columbia

Big time trouble for Ivy League defenses next four years.

Uncle Rico's Clan
August 2nd, 2013, 10:56 AM
Who makes a list like this that only goes to 91?

BEAR
August 2nd, 2013, 11:14 AM
Who makes a list like this that only goes to 91?

I was thinking the exact same thing.... glad I wasn't alone on it! xlolx

geaux_sioux
August 2nd, 2013, 11:37 AM
There are plenty of good/great FCS players who fall under the radar. If I recall correctly, Brock Jensen didn't even get offered a scholarship at NDSU until another recruit ended up going somewhere else. That's worked out OK for the Bison.

How highly rated were Beck, Littlejohn, Olson, Jirik, Heagle, Dudzik, Hardin, Grothman, Emanuel, Drevlow, and Perry?

blueballs
August 2nd, 2013, 12:51 PM

Indeed it has... Here's another example: Earthwind Moreland was a walk-on at GSU and he has a super bowl ring.

Bisonator
August 2nd, 2013, 01:12 PM
How highly rated were Beck, Littlejohn, Olson, Jirik, Heagle, Dudzik, Hardin, Grothman, Emanuel, Drevlow, and Perry?

I see what you did there! xnottalkingx

Engineer86
August 2nd, 2013, 01:19 PM
Is Alabama St that well respected or did those kids just think Nick Saban got some new assistants?

BisonFan02
August 2nd, 2013, 03:20 PM
odu does seemingly have half the list don't they. chuck baker was a lsu commit b/f he switched to southern. not 6'4 and not 265. spending 70 million on facilities will dramatically improve your recruiting, as will having a very nice indoor practice facility like they do in nashville. as for playoff participation... have they starting paying teams to participate or do the schools still have to pay to be a part of that? if it doesn't make dollars it doesn't make sense.

Oh FFS, you're right I guess...if it doesn't make dollars... Is that why you guys in the SWAC were so easy to "pay to play" as our OOC cupcakes in the fall?

SeattleGriz
August 2nd, 2013, 03:52 PM
0 from either Montana team. That's about par for the course for us (with these sorts of rankings) xeyebrowx

Exactly. I think this ranking is just like Scout and Rivals. If a player doesn't attend a camp where they can get noticed, they don't get a good ranking.

813Jag
August 2nd, 2013, 04:50 PM
The kid is actually 6'2" 190, it remains to be seen on how he'll do. A lot of the noise stems from him being a former LSU commit.

major095
August 2nd, 2013, 04:50 PM
Oh FFS, you're right I guess...if it doesn't make dollars... Is that why you guys in the SWAC were so easy to "pay to play" as our OOC cupcakes in the fall?

I don't know why pvamu chose to play you guys. what was the payout? i wouldn't want my school to let a fcs squad buy a game. I'd do a home and home. alabama state bought the jax state game this year and it seems negotiated to do that with shsu. I just know that if your alabama state and your making almost a mil on your turkey day game or your grambling and southern and your clearing a million for the bayou classic there's just not a lot of incentive to play for basically free. don't get me wrong I like playoffs (not the fcs format of bidding to buy, oh i mean host a game). My school has competed in the playoffs, but any honest person will admit there is no direct financial incentive to participate, particularly if you're already involved in another venture that is making money. I'd be willing to bet that if someone called your ad with a game in your home stadium on the same day the playoffs started with a million dollar payout, insert your school name here would not be in the playoffs.
so don't scoff at the dollars and sense comment. if your football program isn't making money, you wont have a football program for long. i am ready to see swac schools back in the playoffs but not for free. after all, bama state has got to pay for that stadium and practice facility that help get those signatures.

ODU Oldtimer
August 2nd, 2013, 06:11 PM
Interesting...... not sure if it means anything. I pulled out a few numbers for a few schools. I may be wrong, correct it if you see where I made a mistake.

Good luck everyone. I will watch and have interest in many games that are being played. I will miss participating in the poll this year.

Again much success to every school.

ODU 12
Alabama State 7
Harvard 5
App State 5
Villanova 4
Indiana State 3
UNCC 3
GA Southern 1
JMU 1

A football fan
Aim High Go Monarchs