PDA

View Full Version : Road Ralph Observation

UNH_Alum_In_CT
September 12th, 2006, 11:16 PM
I had the pleasure of meeting Ralph this weekend in Chicago Land. Before I reply to any threads about the actual game, I have to first mention some observations from hanging out with Ralph Friday and Saturday. I know we always thank Ralph for all the work he does to make AGS such a terrific forum. It might be me because I can be oblivious at times, but I don't think from reading the forum I really understood just how passionate Ralph is about I-AA Football nor how committed he is to do an outstanding job with minimal resources.

Friday night I'm out with Ralph and three other UNH guys and Ralph is predicting a big time UNH win. The rest of us are much more cautious and frankly nowhere near as confident as Ralph. On Saturday, we're over two hours from kickoff yet I can't get Ralph to attend the UNH tailgate for even a few minutes because he had to start taking pictures. During the game, Ralph is all over the sidelines taking pictures. After the game he's off to the press conference and asking excellent questions. He's telling me how he asked Ricky this and David that! After we down a couple of brewskis at the postgame UNH tailgate, I'm talking about hitting Chicago, having some dinner and going to a blues club or something. Ralph declines saying he has to go to work! That he has to write up all the stuff from the press conference, download his pictures, begin compiling the weekly poll votes, etc.

Folks, while Ralph's work is a labor of love, don't think for a minute that he's sleepwalking through this exercise. The guy is busting his butt for all of us for very little monetary reward. It was a true joy to watch him in action this weekend and I hope many of you get to experience a day with him. Until this weekend I know that I didn't truly appreciate the job Ralph does! And I can't begin to describe his absolute passion for all things I-AA. Had to love it when he said he was in the middle of the Northwestern sideline taking pictures wearing a tee shirt with a huge I-AA on the front!!

Ralph is also one heck of an ambassador for Chicago Land! And ever the gentlemen -- he didn't bust my arse when I refused to have a Chicago Style Hot Dog!! I absolutely detest hot dogs!

Ralph, saying thanks just doesn't seem to be enough, but I'll say it again and again and again. And I'll speak for my AGS brethren and say please don't lose any of that passion and enthusiasm.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Proud Griz Man
September 12th, 2006, 11:18 PM
Thanks Ralph! :nod:

griz37
September 12th, 2006, 11:20 PM
Great post UNH_Alum!!!

Thanks a lot Ralph. :bow: :bow:

LeopardFan04
September 12th, 2006, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the post UNH...and thanks Ralph!!! :hurray:

mainejeff
September 13th, 2006, 12:35 AM
Thanks Ralph!

Tod
September 13th, 2006, 12:49 AM
I've understood to some degree since I became a member here that Ralph is the man, the one who keeps it all together. If I haven't understood his level of devotion and dedication, then that's bad on me, but I've always known that Ralph is the irreplacable part of the whole. Thank you, Ralph.

FargoBison
September 13th, 2006, 12:53 AM
Thanks Ralph!!!

OL FU
September 13th, 2006, 06:46 AM
Great Posts. Ralph is the king.
Always the I-AA optimist and even more importantly, a super great guy:nod: :nod: :nod:

89Hen
September 13th, 2006, 07:57 AM
Here, here! :hurray: :bow: :bow: :hurray:

mlbowl
September 13th, 2006, 08:07 AM
:beerchug: xprost2x :beerchug:

bobbythekidd
September 13th, 2006, 08:13 AM
Ralph, saying thanks just doesn't seem to be enough, but I'll say it again and again and again. And I'll speak for my AGS brethren and say please don't lose any of that passion and enthusiasm.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Brown Noser:D
Just kidding

I want to echo what he said, altough I have yet to have the pleasure of meeting Ralph.

RabidRabbit
September 13th, 2006, 08:25 AM
As my 500th Post, and from personal experience, I agree wholeheartedly with CT UNH. Ralph has great passion for I-AA (CS) even on vacation in early summer when it can be tough to sustain. I can only envision how pumped he must be having witnessed a thorough thumping of a solid Big 10 team by an even more impassioned, and steller A-10 team.

Ralph - Salute! :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

elkmcc
September 13th, 2006, 08:31 AM
Kudos to Ralph and the UNH poster for reminding us all that Ralph does a great job. No need reimding me. I am reminded each and every day reading AGS and every Tuesday listening to I-AA Waves.

P2TheB
September 13th, 2006, 08:50 AM
Thanks Ralph for all your work!

blukeys
September 13th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Great Post UNH and

Thanx Ralph for all that you do!!!!!!!!!!!

Jacks99
September 13th, 2006, 09:55 AM
:hurray:

Cap'n Cat
September 13th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Was he nine hours late???
:eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Ralph's a super friend to have. Chick magnet, too, if you think his Jenna Jameson DVDs are magnetic enough.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

WMTribe90
September 13th, 2006, 10:59 AM
I'll jump on the pile...

A big thanks to Ralph for being a top-notch ambassador of I-AA!

GannonFan
September 13th, 2006, 11:02 AM
I tease him about his uber-pride in I-AA, and the GPI of course, but Ralphie does a great job. :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

dbackjon
September 13th, 2006, 12:43 PM
Great post, UNH - and thanks again for all you do, Ralph!!!

Granite
September 13th, 2006, 12:59 PM
Great post, UNH_Alum. I had the pleasure of meeting Ralph (and Cap'n Cat, and PantherRob) at the UNI playoff game last year - it was a quick meeting for many of the same reasons you mentioned in your original post.

And he was very patient with the 10 takes it took me to say, "This is Granite from UNH, and you're listening to I-AA Waves on I-AA.org." Seriously, I have the line down now, but I choked everytime he turned the damn tape recorder on!

Thanks Ralph! :thumbsup:

Grizo406
September 13th, 2006, 01:50 PM
"There's some people that
You don't forget,
Even though you've only seen'm
One time or two.
When the roses fade
And I'm in the shade,
I'll remember you."
-BDylan

Thanks, Ralph!

LacesOut
September 13th, 2006, 01:58 PM
Never heard of this Ralph fella.

MarkCCU
September 13th, 2006, 01:58 PM
thanks ralph

i love you

goasu984Life
September 13th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Thanks, Ralph!

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

September 13th, 2006, 02:06 PM
Wow! I am touched UNH_Alum_In_CT and everybody else!! It was spectacular meeting you CT and the guys in Chicago, thanks for everything. I couldn't pay for a thing and youse were super knowledgable football fans. Thanks to all youse and I'll see you soon enough.

"May God bless and keep you always,
May your wishes all come true,
May you always do for others
And let others do for you.
May you build a ladder to the stars
And climb on every rung,
May you stay forever young,"
-BDylan

JALMOND
September 13th, 2006, 02:18 PM
I must chime my two cents in, too. With Sir Ralph, I feel like the battle with the Portland media towards coverage of PSU football is not a losing one. His passion for I-AA and all its member schools has been truly shown in this endeavor.

PantherRob82
September 13th, 2006, 06:31 PM
yup, the first post sums up Ralph very nicely.

MR. CHICKEN
September 13th, 2006, 07:34 PM
KINDAH TOOK RALPHIE...FO' I-AA GRANTED....TIL "UNH"........PUT HIS EFFORTS IN PERSPECTIVE............DUH AVIAN...ALSO...APPRECIATES.....DAT DERE IS UH........."RALPH"....:beerchug:....AWK!

blukeys
September 13th, 2006, 07:54 PM
I must chime my two cents in, too. With Sir Ralph, I feel like the battle with the Portland media towards coverage of PSU football is not a losing one. His passion for I-AA and all its member schools has been truly shown in this endeavor.

Darn If Ralph can turn the Portland Media around then he is definitely turning water into wine!!!!!!

All Hail Ralph!!!!!!:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

GAD
September 13th, 2006, 07:58 PM
:hurray: Thank you Ralph:hurray:
jus gos to show you one man can really make a differance

now if we can just get him to Baton Rouge:bang:

psc2445
September 13th, 2006, 08:03 PM
preciate ya

bobbythekidd
September 13th, 2006, 11:24 PM
bump!
Show some love boys!
This guy is a hero for all of us.
To all who don't play REAL football, in the minor leagues, for the kids in second class sports, Ralph is our spokesman.
Show love love!