PDA

View Full Version : You're Welcome, Lehigh!

Go Green
July 31st, 2013, 01:38 PM
The Ivy television schedule just got announced.

The big winner appears to be Lehigh.

http://ivyleague.prestosports.com/sports/fball/2013-14/releases/2013_Football_Television_Schedule_Announced

Harvard gets the most games (as is to be expected). But everyone else gets on once.

Lehigh? Twice.

xconfusedx

RichH2
July 31st, 2013, 01:44 PM
xrolleyesx They just want to put on the best teams.

Pard4Life
July 31st, 2013, 01:47 PM
Are they on crack? Princeton LC would have been a much more entertaining game... get to see us blow it in some fashion in the final minutes.

The Columbia game will be over in the first quarter. Guys probably have a kids birthday party the weekend and don't want to drive out of of NYC.

Pard4Life
July 31st, 2013, 01:48 PM
Columbia should be banned from TV.

Go Green
July 31st, 2013, 01:53 PM

They actually were left off the schedule by NBC last year (only Ivy team not to make it).

Columbia threatened to raise hell if it happened again in 2013, and it looks like they got their wish.

Engineer86
July 31st, 2013, 01:54 PM
They actually were left off the schedule by NBC last year (only Ivy team not to make it).

Columbia threatened to raise hell if it happened again in 2013, and it looks like they got their wish.

Tell P4L the truth, he can handle it. Since they have Lehigh at home, they were deemed worthy.

citdog
July 31st, 2013, 01:59 PM
I blame Dave Cechinni.

Lehigh Football Nation
July 31st, 2013, 02:04 PM
This puts Lehigh on TV nationally 3 times this season. That's more than Delaware (2), and equal to JMU (3). They show up on NBC SN as often as Towson (2).

Go Green
July 31st, 2013, 02:04 PM
One thing is certain -- If Lehigh gets left out of the playoffs again, they won't be able to blame lack of exposure.

Andy
July 31st, 2013, 02:27 PM

Hey, their incoming 6-7 QB is #9 on the College Sports Madness list of top FCS recruits (91). We're probably fortunate the Lions arent on our future schedules. BTW, Harvard has 4 on the list. That's 4 more than the entire PL.

LehighU11
July 31st, 2013, 02:36 PM

I watched the last time that Columbia played on NBCSN/Versus back in 2011--a great game against Penn. CU tied the game at 20 with a minute and a half remaining in the 4th quarter, only to let Penn march down the field on 5 plays for a TD. Final was 27-20. They lost a couple weeks later on a YES televised game against Yale by only 3, so perhaps the Lions like to play in front of a TV audience (likely a tad bit more that watch them than at Kraft Field).

Sure they went 1-9 that year, but half of their games were decided by 1 score. Glad to see that they weren't left of the schedule again, but am still quite surprised.

Go Green
July 31st, 2013, 03:01 PM
Hey, their incoming 6-7 QB is #9 on the College Sports Madness list of top FCS recruits (91).

And he will most likely carry the clipboard in favor of the Lions' QB transfer from Stanford.

Pard4Life
July 31st, 2013, 03:06 PM
Maybe this is a good thing for Columbia... makes them motivated... Lehigh won't be world beaters this year and did not exactly put away Columbia last year until the final moments.

Put out an upset alert!

RichH2
July 31st, 2013, 04:13 PM
I blame Dave Cechinni.

LMAO xlolxxlolxxlolx

heath
July 31st, 2013, 08:21 PM
Maybe this is a good thing for Columbia... makes them motivated... Lehigh won't be world beaters this year and did not exactly put away Columbia last year until the final moments.

Put out an upset alert!

PatheticxconfusedxIf this makes Columbia motivated,then why in the hell can't you get the Easton pusses motivated? Different season,but same crap coming from the Lafayette rose colored glasses wearing nerdsxbowx

Pard4Life
July 31st, 2013, 09:24 PM
PatheticxconfusedxIf this makes Columbia motivated,then why in the hell can't you get the Easton pusses motivated? Different season,but same crap coming from the Lafayette rose colored glasses wearing nerdsxbowx

Well I was wrong... it looks like the asylum inmates have 30 minutes of Internet use this evening.

Bogus Megapardus
July 31st, 2013, 11:03 PM

In a series that has lasted more than 120 years, Columbia has never defeated Lafayette in Easton - not once. The Lions would never agree to a televised game against Lafayette.

That's why they're playing Lehigh. xcoffeex

Ivytalk
August 1st, 2013, 05:49 AM
Harvard has never lost a home night game. They better hope that streak continues this year against Brown if they want a shot at the Ivy title.

Twentysix
August 1st, 2013, 06:34 AM
This puts Lehigh on TV nationally 3 times this season. That's more than Delaware (2), and equal to JMU (3). They show up on NBC SN as often as Towson (2).

Congrats!

Got you beat though :p.

FCSx3 FS1x1

I've seen a few CAA games on NBC SN. Pretty cool.

Pard4Life
August 1st, 2013, 08:00 AM
Congrats!

Got you beat though :p.

FCSx3 FS1x1

I've seen a few CAA games on NBC SN. Pretty cool.

Well if you want to be picky, all of Lafayette's games are televised, just not nationally. If you are in Boston, DC, or Phila you can see us... or have satellite.

Twentysix
August 1st, 2013, 08:04 AM
Well if you want to be picky, all of Lafayette's games are televised, just not nationally. If you are in Boston, DC, or Phila you can see us... or have satellite.

ours are too ;) Single game tickets just went on sale.. they (ndsu ad) have developed an online waiting room lol.

Pard4Life
August 1st, 2013, 08:10 AM
ours are too ;) Single game tickets just went on sale.. they (ndsu ad) have developed an online waiting room lol.

Pretty good... I'm just trying to one up Lehigh. They play important road games and you cannot even watch them on TV.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 1st, 2013, 08:49 AM
Pretty good... I'm just trying to one up Lehigh. They play important road games and you cannot even watch them on TV.

I think WMFZ 69 might be covering the Colgate game in November, I'm not sure. The UNH game will be available in the Valley in SE2 and (now) available on PLN.

RichH2
August 1st, 2013, 09:05 AM
From what I heard 69 is planning to do Gate. Guess it depends on importance of game.