PDA

View Full Version : Official 2013 Chattanooga, Who is laughing now? Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

chattownmocs
July 31st, 2013, 11:59 AM
This will be the thread that I go to throughout the year. Rather than laughing at all of our victims individually with new threads, we will keep it all here. This season is several years in the works and finally seeing it all pay off at the expense of all the haters will be fulfilling.

BisonFan02
July 31st, 2013, 12:01 PM
I will make sure this one doesn't disappear after week 5.

NoDak 4 Ever
July 31st, 2013, 12:02 PM
I will make sure this one doesn't disappear after week 5.

HA! Beat me to it.

Silenoz
July 31st, 2013, 12:02 PM
Oh man, this build-up is killing me!

...although this strategy did work in 2010 for Black_Falkin and lakes in 2011...

chattownmocs
July 31st, 2013, 12:05 PM
Nooga.com..Mocs looking to live up to preseason hype

http://www.nooga.com/162663/mocs-looking-to-live-up-to-preseason-hype/

chattownmocs
July 31st, 2013, 12:07 PM
Nooga.com..Fall camp preview: Burning questions that must be answered

http://www.nooga.com/162729/fall-camp-preview-burning-questions-that-must-be-answered/

NoDak 4 Ever
July 31st, 2013, 12:19 PM

I'm sorry, I didn't even read it. This is the best thing on the page.

http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/simgad/14015034151064405607

ASUMountaineer
July 31st, 2013, 12:20 PM
This will be the thread that I go to throughout the year. Rather than laughing at all of our victims individually with new threads, we will keep it all here. This season is several years in the works and finally seeing it all pay off at the expense of all the haters will be fulfilling.

UT-C has one playoff experience since 1984...are there really "haters?" xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
July 31st, 2013, 12:32 PM
UT-C has one playoff experience since 1984...are there really "haters?" xlolx

hate is chattanoogese for reality.

bjtheflamesfan
July 31st, 2013, 12:38 PM
I will simply state that should UTC again wet the bed and miss out on not only the SoCon and the playoffs but once again lose the games that truly matter, oh and once again fail to win more than six games, your logical fallacy ridden threads will be the subject of great comfort and amusement to the rest of the community after your disappearance

Bisonator
July 31st, 2013, 12:48 PM

So we won't be seeing anything new here after week 1? xawesomex

ASUMountaineer
July 31st, 2013, 01:52 PM
hate is chattanoogese for reality.

Well done. xlolx

chattownmocs
July 31st, 2013, 05:40 PM
Projected Starters:

Offense:

QB So. Jacob Huesman 6-1 215 Career Starts: 10

RB Fr. Tolerance Shepherd 5-10 180 Career Starts: 0

WR Jr. Terrell Robinson 6-3 200 Career Starts: 12
WR Jr. Tommy Hudson 5-11 175 Career Starts: 9
WR So. Tray James 6-5 190 Career Starts: 4

LT Jr. Brandon Morgan 6-2 290 Career Starts: 12
LG So. Synjen Herren 6-3 313 Career Starts: 11
C Jr. Patrick Sutton 6-1 265 Career Starts: 22
RG Sr. Kevin Revis 6-4 280 Career Starts: 21
RT Sr. Hunter Dockery 6-5 305 Career Starts: 7

Defense:

DE Jr. Davis Tull 6-3 240 Career Starts: 22
DT Sr. Derrick Lott 6-4 303 Career Starts: 11
DT Jr. Chris Mayes 6-3 295 Career Starts: 0
DE Jr. Zack Rayl 6-3 240 Career Starts: 0

OLB Sr. Gunner Miller 6-1 235 Career Starts: 21
MLB Sr. Wes Dothard 6-1 235 Career Starts: 22
OLB Jr. Muhasibi Wakeel 5-11 220 Career Starts: 0

CB Sr. Kadeem Wise 5-10 180 Career Starts: 33
S Sr. DJ Key 6-0 200 Career Starts: 24
S Jr. Zach Mccarter 6-3 205 Career Starts: 6
CB Sr. Chaz Moore 5-10 175 Career Starts: 17

Breakdown by class:

Offense:

Senior: 2
Junior: 5
Sophomore: 3
Freshman: 1

Defense:

Senior: 6
Junior: 5

bjtheflamesfan
July 31st, 2013, 05:48 PM
9 of 22 starters have <1 season's worth of experience (including 4 with 0 career starts) and that is the second best team in the country? If that isn't something that is rife with logical fallacies then I don't know what is...

Professor Chaos
July 31st, 2013, 05:49 PM
This thread has hall of fame written all over it.

chattownmocs
July 31st, 2013, 05:53 PM
9 of 22 starters have <1 season's worth of experience (including 4 with 0 career starts) and that is the second best team in the country? If that isn't something that is rife with logical fallacies then I don't know what is...

Unfortunately for another moronic argument by you, we have many career Starts from backups. We have a backup QB with multiple starts(Terrell Robinson), 3 backup RBs with multiple starts(Kenny Huitt, Keon Williams, Marquies Green.) A back up WR with multiple stars(Marlon Anthony) A backup DE with multiple starts(Toyvian Brand) 2 backup DT with multiple starts (Josh Freeman, Toyvian Brand.) And a backup S with multiple starts (Dean Haynes)

You are exposed as a know-nothing nimrod, yet again.

bjtheflamesfan
July 31st, 2013, 05:57 PM
Again with the ad hominem fallacy...chattown if you want to be taken seriously you really need to learn to take dissenting opinions a lot better than you currently do...especially when your counterpoint includes at least one logical fallacy in it

SU DOG
July 31st, 2013, 06:03 PM
I really don't think that UTC will beat Samford at Samford this year.

chattownmocs
July 31st, 2013, 06:06 PM
Again with the ad hominem fallacy...chattown if you want to be taken seriously you really need to learn to take dissenting opinions a lot better than you currently do...especially when your counterpoint includes at least one logical fallacy in it

You have never, ever, even come close, to making a legitimate counter-argument. You are ALWAYS incorrect on your facts, and make false assumptions. Just because someone started last year, or 2 years ago, doesn't mean they will start this year. And even if we didn't have starts among our backups, 13 of 22 starters with over a full year of starting experience would Still be a lot.

Southern Bison
July 31st, 2013, 06:07 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't even read it. This is the best thing on the page.

http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/simgad/14015034151064405607

Damn...all I got was an ad for an insurance agency. xthumbsdownx

chattownmocs
I really don't think that UTC will beat Samford at Samford this year.

Your coach better come up with something new offensively if he wants to move the ball. What you have been doing doesn't cut it against our defense.

bjtheflamesfan
My point chattown, which you seem to have missed, was not that UTC did not have players with experience, but that you have a number of players that lack experience, which most would consider a concern. a good coach setting up his gameplan for UTC will see said lack of experience, and will attack those players specifically.

chattownmocs
July 31st, 2013, 06:13 PM
My point chattown, which you seem to have missed, was not that UTC did not have players with experience, but that you have a number of players that lack experience, which most would consider a concern. a good coach setting up his gameplan for UTC will see said lack of experience, and will attack those players specifically.

Dude the only player that I just listed without plenty of experience is Tolerance Shepherd the Redshirt Freshman. I only tossed him out there because of the huge spring he had. There is a good chance it will be Kenny Huitt, Keon Williams, or Marquis Green. All of which have plenty of experience and multiple starts. Not to mention the fullback Taharin Tyson who has taken all of the snaps at FB the last 2 years. Now that we don't have a FB in our offense he will likely move to RB.

rokamortis
July 31st, 2013, 06:17 PM
This guy is such a bad representative for his school. I hope they don't have any success because I can't imagine the ****storm he'll unleash

dgtw
July 31st, 2013, 06:27 PM

Shouldn't be a problem. I'm sure they'll suck just as bad as we expect them to.

chattownmocs
July 31st, 2013, 06:33 PM
Shouldn't be a problem. I'm sure they'll suck just as bad as we expect them to.

Picked as SOCON champions

5 All-Americans

6 First Team SOCON

9 all Socon

GTFO

gotts
July 31st, 2013, 06:34 PM
To answer the thread title: I am, right now.

Laker
July 31st, 2013, 06:36 PM
In November, the name of this thread might be:

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Whose+Crying+Now%3f&mid=D4A017A9E225DEE7A686D4A017A9E225DEE7A686&view=detail&FORM=VIRE2

chattownmocs
July 31st, 2013, 06:38 PM
First Practice of Fall

http://www.gomocs.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&db_oem_id=17700&ATCLID=&SPSID=88679&SPID=10577&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=17700

CID1990
July 31st, 2013, 06:39 PM

5 All-Americans

6 First Team SOCON

9 all Socon

GTFO

Yep. Chatty ALWAYS has championships and accolades under their belts...

Then the season begins

chattownmocs
July 31st, 2013, 06:46 PM
Mocs Always keep an eye open for FBS transfers

http://nooga.com/162747/mocs-always-keep-an-eye-open-for-fbs-transfers/

Professor Chaos
July 31st, 2013, 07:09 PM
In November, the name of this thread might be:

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Whose+Crying+Now%3f&mid=D4A017A9E225DEE7A686D4A017A9E225DEE7A686&view=detail&FORM=VIRE2
We could just change the name of that song to "Chattown's October AGS Hymn" and relyricize it to something like like this....

It's been a mystery... and still I try to see...
Why a team that looks so good can be so bad
Caught on a one way street... to more bitter defeat...
I'll come back somehow, some day

CHORUS
Huesman throws the pick...
Dothard can't hit dick...
That's why I'm crying now
Shepherd was born to run...
Until he hits the one...

So many pimping threads... so many preaseason creds...
Yet still we go six and five
And in my homer's rage... I couldn't act my age
I lost my job cooking fries

REPEAT CHORUS

Only so many tears I can cry....
Til the heartache is over and now I can say
I'll be.... back in July

REPEAT CHORUS

bjtheflamesfan
July 31st, 2013, 07:10 PM
You have never, ever, even come close, to making a legitimate counter-argument. You are ALWAYS incorrect on your facts, and make false assumptions. Just because someone started last year, or 2 years ago, doesn't mean they will start this year. And even if we didn't have starts among our backups, 13 of 22 starters with over a full year of starting experience would Still be a lot.

As i said before, my overall point was missed in all your seeming huff and puff...also, you make the absolute statement that I am always wrong and instead of giving examples with the requisite information to properly bolster said assertion, or at the very least, correct my incorrect use of facts. making such absolute statements is what is called hasty generalization and to then follow that up by then calling people know nothings or other such things is ad hominem which not only does not prove your argument but makes you appear to be rather immature as well.

Laker
July 31st, 2013, 07:18 PM
We could just change the name of that song to "Chattown's October AGS Hymn" and relyricize it to something like like this....

That was a great response!xthumbsupx

eaglewraith
July 31st, 2013, 10:05 PM
Picked as SOCON champions because Georgia Southern and Daddy are ineligible

5 All-Americans

6 First Team SOCON

9 all Socon

GTFO

Sorry I had to insert some truth here.

BisonFan02
July 31st, 2013, 11:18 PM
Get PUMPED!!!!

http://bennyhillifier.com/?id=Ds7GMNxxngA

PaladinFan
August 1st, 2013, 04:58 AM
Mocs Always keep an eye open for FBS transfers

http://nooga.com/162747/mocs-always-keep-an-eye-open-for-fbs-transfers/

That hasn't changed. The team used to have a boatload of FBS transfers (particularly UT castoffs) and stunk.

pike51
August 1st, 2013, 07:35 AM
Chattanooga... Undefeated in the preseason.

ASUMountaineer
August 1st, 2013, 07:52 AM

5 All-Americans

6 First Team SOCON

9 all Socon

GTFO

Those are good numbers.

I like this number: 1984.

GTFO.

Smitty
August 1st, 2013, 08:03 AM
So here is the problem... Since App and GSU don't count UTC will probably win the SoCon, then we will have to hear him talk about this for the next 20 years. It will either be Wofford or UTC in my opinion but only because the 2 top teams won't count.

Is it possible to put an asterisk on this year if that does happen?

bjtheflamesfan
August 1st, 2013, 10:32 AM
Those are good numbers.

I like this number: 1984.

GTFO.

Here are a few more good numbers:

9...that is the number of losing seasons UTC has had since the dawn of the 21st century (2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2011)
2...according to the UTC media guide, since stringing together 10 straight winning seasons from 1976-1985, the Mocs have put together back-to-back winning seasons 2 times (1990-1991, 2009-2010)
67...according to Wikipedia (and with verification from Pete'sPowerPoll.com), 67 different current FCS teams have made at least one playoff appearance since UTC's one appearance in 1984 (20 current FBS teams made at least one appearance when they were FCS teams since UTC's one appearance)
49...Once again according to Wikipedia (with verification from Pete'sPowerPoll.com), of the 67, 49 made their first appearance since UTC's lone appearance in 1984), 34 of which have at least one win in the playoffs, 7 of which have won at least one national championship.
6...According to Wikipedia (and some significant research on the SoCon website) 6 different schools have won at least a share of the Southern Conference since UTC last won it in 1984: Marshall, Appalachian State, Georgia Southern, Wofford, Furman and The Citadel

smallcollegefbfan
August 1st, 2013, 10:51 AM
Guys don't feel bad. Chattown is the same person who said Jeremy Kimbrough is a fat out of shape and slow linebacker yet Kimbrough ran a verified 4.56 and 4.59 in the 40-yard dash for NFL teams. For those who don't know the average NFL linebacker runs a 4.70 or so, meaning Kimbrough is faster than your average NFL linebacker. I didn't say better, just faster. Then when I said it he ignored the fact and said I was wrong, even though I posted links to back up what I said as a fact. He can't say anything about lack of facts or ignoring them.

With that said, please guys don't let this thread die. This is just too much. I can't put LOL enough in one post! haha

smallcollegefbfan
August 1st, 2013, 10:54 AM
As i said before, my overall point was missed in all your seeming huff and puff...also, you make the absolute statement that I am always wrong and instead of giving examples with the requisite information to properly bolster said assertion, or at the very least, correct my incorrect use of facts. making such absolute statements is what is called hasty generalization and to then follow that up by then calling people know nothings or other such things is ad hominem which not only does not prove your argument but makes you appear to be rather immature as well.

BJ,

You can't expect him to be too mature. Someone from UTC told me he is only 16 years old, meaning he started posting on here when he was like 11 or 12?

BisonFan02
August 1st, 2013, 10:54 AM
Guys don't feel bad. Chattown is the same person who said Jeremy Kimbrough is a fat out of shape and slow linebacker yet Kimbrough ran a verified 4.56 and 4.59 in the 40-yard dash for NFL teams. For those who don't know the average NFL linebacker runs a 4.70 or so, meaning Kimbrough is faster than your average NFL linebacker. I didn't say better, just faster. Then when I said it he ignored the fact and said I was wrong, even though I posted links to back up what I said as a fact. He can't say anything about lack of facts or ignoring them.

With that said, please guys don't let this thread die. This is just too much. I can't put LOL enough in one post! haha

It won't....too much fun.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 1st, 2013, 10:55 AM
BJ,

You can't expect him to be too mature. Someone from UTC told me he is only 17 years old, meaning he started posting on here when he was like 12 or 13?

Then Chatty has never been successful in his lifetime. You have to be my age to have seen that.

Mountaineer
August 1st, 2013, 10:57 AM
6...According to Wikipedia (and some significant research on the SoCon website) 6 different schools have won at least a share of the Southern Conference since UTC last won it in 1984: Marshall, Appalachian State, Georgia Southern, Wofford, Furman and The Citadel

Ouch. xlolx

This should be Nooga's year though. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Mocs capture at least a share of the SoCon title and make the playoffs. They pretty much have to by default with GSU and App being ineligible. xthumbsupx

blueballs
August 1st, 2013, 10:59 AM
Here are a couple of other cool numbers:

13- semi finals appearances for GSU since UTC's last playoff appearance.

8- title game appearances for GSU since UTC's last playoff appearance.

6- national titles for GSU since UTC's last playoff appearance.

2- times GSU has set the all time home winning streak record since UTC's last playoff appearance.

1- time GSU has set the all time playoff consecutive home winning streak since UTC's last playoff appearance.

1- time GSU has set the all time record for playoff wins since UTC's last playoff appearance.

smallcollegefbfan
August 1st, 2013, 11:01 AM
So here is the problem... Since App and GSU don't count UTC will probably win the SoCon, then we will have to hear him talk about this for the next 20 years. It will either be Wofford or UTC in my opinion but only because the 2 top teams won't count.

Is it possible to put an asterisk on this year if that does happen?

I still don't think UTC wins it. I'm saying either Wofford, Samford, or Citadel with UTC finishing 2nd or 3rd among teams eligible. Nobody from the SoCon can truly brag unless they beat App and GSU. Right now those are the two best teams in the league and we can truly tip our hat to the SoCon champ if and only if they beat those two teams as well.

Bisonator
August 1st, 2013, 11:05 AM

CHORUS
Until he hits the one...

REPEAT CHORUS

I'll be.... back in July

REPEAT CHORUS

xthumbsupx

chattownmocs
August 1st, 2013, 11:11 AM
Newcomer Ring makes the UTC defensive line even scarier.

http://www.nooga.com/162768/newcomer-ring-will-make-utc-d-line-even-scarier/

Damn, and I thought Chattanooga's whole team had been around for 27 years.

Waco Kid
August 1st, 2013, 11:34 AM
Sorry I had to insert some truth here.

Sad that their first postseason in 20 years would come by default. I guess we better let him enjoy his fantasy land for now. It's all over after the Moc's trip to Statesboro in Week 4.

chattownmocs
August 1st, 2013, 11:38 AM
LOL, these chumps think I am talking about default SOCON titles. I'm talking about 8-0 in the SOCON and National championship.

bjtheflamesfan
August 1st, 2013, 11:38 AM
I still don't think UTC wins it. I'm saying either Wofford, Samford, or Citadel with UTC finishing 2nd or 3rd among teams eligible. Nobody from the SoCon can truly brag unless they beat App and GSU. Right now those are the two best teams in the league and we can truly tip our hat to the SoCon champ if and only if they beat those two teams as well.

That being said, according to the UTC media guide they have never swept App State and GSU in the same season since GaSou started appearing on their schedule in 1993 as a SoCon foe (split a few times though)

cmaxwellgsu
August 1st, 2013, 11:46 AM
LOL, these chumps think I am talking about default SOCON titles. I'm talking about 8-0 in the SOCON and National championship.

Chatty couldn't go undefeated against your local high schools. Your talent level is way overrated, and Huesman would be outschemed by a flag football coach.....

bjtheflamesfan
August 1st, 2013, 11:46 AM
Well that's pretty big talk from somebody who according to the UTC media guide, Wikipedia and PetesPoll.com has not only never won more than 5 SoCon games in a season (joined in 1976 according to Wikipedia, started counting SoCon games in 1977 according to UTC media guide), but has played in one I-AA/FCS playoff appearance in school history (the previously referenced 1984, where they got hosed 37-10 by current Sun Belt member Arkansas State according to PetesPoll.com)

IBleedYellow
August 1st, 2013, 11:50 AM
Chatt reminds me of lakes, but with a little bit of Mpls included, except Chatt cheers for a team that can't ever back up what he is saying.

chattownmocs
August 1st, 2013, 11:51 AM
Veteran Mocs have solid opening paractice

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2013/aug/01/mocs-have-smooth-opening-practice/?sportscollege

chattownmocs
August 1st, 2013, 11:53 AM
Well that's pretty big talk from somebody who according to the UTC media guide, Wikipedia and PetesPoll.com has not only never won more than 5 SoCon games in a season (joined in 1976 according to Wikipedia, started counting SoCon games in 1977 according to UTC media guide), but has played in one I-AA/FCS playoff appearance in school history (the previously referenced 1984, where they got hosed 37-10 by current Sun Belt member Arkansas State according to PetesPoll.com)

Fortunately it literally means absolutely nothing. Regardless of what happened in the past, if you can put together a championship caliber team, you have a chance to win a championship. Which is what they have done here.

bjtheflamesfan
August 1st, 2013, 11:54 AM

As I said, that would require beating both App State and GaSou which has never happened in UTC history...and history doesnt exactly point to that happening this year either even when they aren't even eligible

chattownmocs
August 1st, 2013, 11:58 AM
"Mission minded" Mocs open fall camp

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2013/7/31/256108/UTC-Football-Season-is-Under-Way.aspx

chattownmocs
August 1st, 2013, 12:00 PM
"Ninety UTC mission-minded football players hit the ground running earlier today with confidence and a sense of purpose and ready to show the football world they mean business.

"We are playing with a swagger and a confidence ... we know what we are capable of and want to win a Southern Conference title."

-- UTC Quarterback Jacob Huesman

"We are an experienced team who played in several scenarios last year with overtime losses and come-from-behind wins so we will be ready for anything.," Huesman stated.

bjtheflamesfan
August 1st, 2013, 12:02 PM
Fortunately it literally means absolutely nothing. Regardless of what happened in the past, if you can put together a championship caliber team, you have a chance to win a championship. Which is what they have done here.

Its one thing to put that sort of a team together...its another entirely to actually win said championship, and that means actually having the mental cajones to hold onto a second half lead, which according to my research, has proven impossible on a few occasions in "games that matter" (in recent memory, 2010 vs App State coughed up a 28-14 halftime lead and lost 42-41, 2011 vs. The Citadel coughed up a 27-0 3rd quarter lead and lost 28-27, 2011 vs. Wofford coughed up a 27-14 4th quarter lead and lost 28-27

chattownmocs
August 1st, 2013, 12:05 PM
Its one thing to put that sort of a team together...its another entirely to actually win said championship, and that means actually having the mental cajones to hold onto a second half lead, which according to my research, has proven impossible on a few occasions in "games that matter" (in recent memory, 2010 vs App State coughed up a 28-14 halftime lead and lost 42-41, 2011 vs. The Citadel coughed up a 27-0 3rd quarter lead and lost 28-27, 2011 vs. Wofford coughed up a 27-14 4th quarter lead and lost 28-27

Are you saying we did have a championship caliber team in 2010 and 2011? Damn, I didn't even think we had one in 2010. If those were championship caliber teams, this one is definitely a national favorite.

bjtheflamesfan
August 1st, 2013, 12:08 PM
Im not saying that actually. What Im saying is that if you have a championship caliber team as you so claim, you are going to have to finish games, which previous teams have failed to do as referenced by the examples noted.

chattownmocs
August 1st, 2013, 12:16 PM
Im not saying that actually. What Im saying is that if you have a championship caliber team as you so claim, you are going to have to finish games, which previous teams have failed to do as referenced by the examples noted.

Really? Is 2010 and 2011 the best you can do? Why didn't you go all the way back to 1984?

ASUMountaineer
August 1st, 2013, 12:18 PM

Phenomenal! xsmileyclapx xsalutex

bjtheflamesfan
August 1st, 2013, 12:22 PM
I wanted to keep history as recent as possible because those were the most glaring examples in recent memory. (that and boxscores arent available online past 1998) I have to fill out some paperwork for a new job right now but my point is, the championship caliber teams don't cream all over themselves in the second half and lose games when they are leading

chattownmocs
August 1st, 2013, 12:29 PM
I wanted to keep history as recent as possible because those were the most glaring examples in recent memory. (that and boxscores arent available online past 1998) I have to fill out some paperwork for a new job right now but my point is, the championship caliber teams don't cream all over themselves in the second half and lose games when they are leading

The best you can come up with is when these seniors were sophomores and freshman? You can't even come up with a blown lead from last year? You should go ahead and find something from '98.

bjtheflamesfan
August 1st, 2013, 12:36 PM
The best you can come up with is when these seniors were sophomores and freshman? You can't even come up with a blown lead from last year? You should go ahead and find something from '98.

You know what...I must have missed that GaSou game last year where you were up 21-10 at half against the #2 team in the country and were outscored 14-3 in the second half and then scored 7 points total in the three overtimes and lost that game too

I didnt find anything in 1998 but I did find a pair of gems from 2000:

East Tennessee State: Led 15-3 at half, outscored 21-7 in the second half and lost 24-22
Furman: Led 17-14 at half over the #6 team in the country (at the time), outscored 24-14 in regulation in the second half, lost in overtime

GATA
August 1st, 2013, 12:39 PM

So when Chatty gets beaten by App State, GSU, Wofford, and Samford this year are you going to just "wing it" when it comes to the excuses?

Or are you already working on the excuses for the losses now so you can just roll them out expeditiously as the season progresses.

Mattymc727
August 1st, 2013, 12:45 PM
I may be more excited about the Mocs season than I am with the Wildcats. If nothing else, chattownmocs is a fun read. Its like watching Sharknado...

TheRevSFA
August 1st, 2013, 12:49 PM
FCS - Football Chatty Subdivision. It's Chattanooga's world, we all just get to play in it

chattownmocs
August 1st, 2013, 12:50 PM
You know what...I must have missed that GaSou game last year where you were up 21-10 at half against the #2 team in the country and were outscored 14-3 in the second half and then scored 7 points total in the three overtimes and lost that game too

I didnt find anything in 1998 but I did find a pair of gems from 2000:

East Tennessee State: Led 15-3 at half, outscored 21-7 in the second half and lost 24-22
Furman: Led 17-14 at half over the #6 team in the country (at the time), outscored 24-14 in regulation in the second half, lost in overtime

Wrong, not even close. Try again.

chattownmocs
August 1st, 2013, 12:51 PM
So when Chatty gets beaten by App State, GSU, Wofford, and Samford this year are you going to just "wing it" when it comes to the excuses?

Or are you already working on the excuses for the losses now so you can just roll them out expeditiously as the season progresses.

So now you are throwing Samford in the mix too?

AppMan
August 1st, 2013, 12:54 PM
I sure am going to miss watching this knucklehead eat his words every year.

pike51
August 1st, 2013, 01:41 PM
If this place had a "dumbgeon", every post by this clown would be automatically redirected there.

chattownmocs
August 1st, 2013, 01:45 PM
http://www.newschannel9.com/sports/features/headlines/stories/utc-mocs-hit-practice-field-953.shtml?SPSID=88679&SPID=10577&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=17700

chattownmocs
August 1st, 2013, 01:49 PM
Music- UTC football styke

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2013/7/31/256111/Music---UTC-Football-Style.aspx?SPSID=88679&SPID=10577&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=17700

chattownmocs
August 1st, 2013, 01:50 PM
http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/22985400/mocs-kick-off-camp-with-high-expectations?SPSID=88679&SPID=10577&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=17700

chattownmocs
August 1st, 2013, 01:51 PM
The Mocs continue to garner among the most media coverage in FCS.

chattownmocs
August 1st, 2013, 01:55 PM
"Everybody is ready to win," said senior cornerback Chaz Moore. "It's time to put it together to have a winning season and make it to the playoffs. We'll take it step by step to become champions. SoCon champions, national champions, just champions period.

"It's time to win."

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 1st, 2013, 01:55 PM
The Mocs continue to garner among the most media coverage in FCS.

Stuff from a local newspaper and a local NBC affiliate are proof of that? xlolx

chattownmocs
August 1st, 2013, 01:57 PM
Stuff from a local newspaper and a local NBC affiliate are proof of that? xlolx

No, all the local newspapers and all of the local television affiliates. This isn't statesboro, run along.

Chattanooga times free press, The Chattanoogan, Nooga.com. Channel 3(NBC) newschannel9(ABC) channel 12(CBS) FOX61, ESPN radio 1370 Chattanooga The Zone, SportsTalk.

Mountaineer
August 1st, 2013, 01:59 PM
Someone will be getting a bit of nice hardware this season. :D

http://i.imgur.com/qispE1D.jpg

chattownmocs
August 1st, 2013, 02:00 PM
Someone will be getting a bit of nice hardware this season. :D

http://i.imgur.com/qispE1D.jpg

I thought that's what you guys got last year?

NoDak 4 Ever
August 1st, 2013, 02:03 PM

That's probably the first time you've ever seen that.

Mountaineer
August 1st, 2013, 02:03 PM

Nice try 1984, ours was legit. If you're not a fraidy cat and come to Boone, you can stop in the Appalachian Athletics Center and see for Yosef. ;)

https://irs0.4sqi.net/img/general/width960/20353676__0LfgVryvITQVhfE7HeK-IDpDiAq_DRH_1XlQ88kC_w.jpg

No shame in winning by default. You'll have something to crow about for years to come. xblehx

chattownmocs
August 1st, 2013, 02:05 PM
Nice try 1984, ours was legit. If you're not a fraidy cat and come to Boone, you can stop in the Appalachian Athletics Center and see for Yosef. ;)

https://irs0.4sqi.net/img/general/width960/20353676__0LfgVryvITQVhfE7HeK-IDpDiAq_DRH_1XlQ88kC_w.jpg

No shame in winning by default. You'll have something to crow about for years to come. xblehx

Yeah 6-2, 3 way tie, tiebreak trophy. Sounds like default to me.

FCS_pwns_FBS
No, all the local newspapers and all of the local television affiliates. This isn't statesboro, run along.

Chattanooga times free press, The Chattanoogan, Nooga.com. Channel 3(NBC) newschannel9(ABC) channel 12(CBS) FOX61, ESPN radio 1370 Chattanooga The Zone, SportsTalk.

Call it a hunch, but I bet North Dakota State has gotten more media coverage from places all over North Dakota.

bjtheflamesfan
Here are the boxscores for the two other games I references above (thanks to the UTC athletics site for having those available):

Furman November 18, 2000 (for personal context, that was my senior year in high school): http://www.gomocs.com/fls/17700/stats/football/2000/fur1118.htm
East Tennessee State November 11, 2000: http://www.gomocs.com/fls/17700/stats/football/2000/utc11112.htm

I will grant the GaSou game because you actually were down 21-10 in that game (although that actually raises a completely different point), which you could have actually pointed out instead of just saying that I was wrong. By doing that, I see my error, am grateful for it being pointed out and all parties are thus edified and proper maturity is thus displayed.

Mountaineer
August 1st, 2013, 02:07 PM

Two of Noogie's were shared in 1977 and 78 with VMI and Furman, respectively. I bet the Mocs count those. xlolx

chattownmocs
August 1st, 2013, 02:08 PM
Call it a hunch, but I bet North Dakota State has gotten more media coverage from places all over North Dakota.

I be there is more media in this city than in that entire state. Either way, how in the world would that disprove my point? Try again.

chattownmocs
August 1st, 2013, 02:09 PM
Two of Noogie's were shared in 1977 and 78 with VMI and Furman, respectively. I bet the Mocs count those. xlolx

I don't care about any of them.

Mountaineer
August 1st, 2013, 02:10 PM
I don't care about any of them.

I would expect nothing less from a masquerading UT-Knoxville fan.

chattownmocs
August 1st, 2013, 02:10 PM
Here are the boxscores for the two other games I references above (thanks to the UTC athletics site for having those available):

Furman November 18, 2000 (for personal context, that was my senior year in high school): http://www.gomocs.com/fls/17700/stats/football/2000/fur1118.htm
East Tennessee State November 11, 2000: http://www.gomocs.com/fls/17700/stats/football/2000/utc11112.htm

I will grant the GaSou game because you actually were down 21-10 in that game (although that actually raises a completely different point), which you could have actually pointed out instead of just saying that I was wrong. By doing that, I see my error, am grateful for it being pointed out and all parties are thus edified and proper maturity is thus displayed.

Why not just stop with the incorrect(and irrelevant even if they were correct) facts.

ASUMountaineer
August 1st, 2013, 02:14 PM

And, or course, Chatty was not part of that three-way tie. Chatty, as usual, lost to it's Daddy. xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
August 1st, 2013, 02:16 PM

How about ESPN? ESPN2? Newspapers in the Dallas metro?

chattownmocs
August 1st, 2013, 02:21 PM
How about ESPN? ESPN2? Newspapers in the Dallas metro?

We hosted the national Championship for 14 years. Congrats on a couple minutes of national attention for the last couple years.

asumike83
August 1st, 2013, 02:24 PM
If UTC is not in the postseason, does Huesman get the ax?

NoDak 4 Ever
August 1st, 2013, 02:26 PM
We hosted the national Championship for 14 years. Congrats on a couple minutes of national attention for the last couple years.

Hosted, cute. Keep floggin that dolphin!

eaglewraith
August 1st, 2013, 02:31 PM

Chattanooga did. In a facility that isn't owned by UTC. Don't remember any talk about UTC during those games, so that fact is pretty much irrelevant.

catbob
August 1st, 2013, 02:44 PM
Did he just make the claim that hosting a championship game in which your team has no part of, is better than winning one?

That's like hosting an orgy at your house, except you're the only one who doesn't get laid and you have to clean up afterwards.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 1st, 2013, 02:45 PM
Did he just make the claim that hosting a championship game in which your team has no part of, is better than winning one?

That's like hosting an orgy at your house, except you're the only one who doesn't get laid and you have to clean up afterwards.

holy ****. +1000

bjtheflamesfan
August 1st, 2013, 02:48 PM
Why not just stop with the incorrect(and irrelevant even if they were correct) facts.

If you point them out to me (like you could have done before) then I will take note as you request. You rallied against GaSou last year and couldnt score more than 7 points in three overtime periods against the #2 team in the country.

What UTC needs to do to turn the corner is finish (and by that I mean win) those games against teams like GaSou and App State and not cream all over themselves with the game on the line

Professor Chaos
August 1st, 2013, 02:50 PM

Bingo!

Of course if you're someone who's never been laid (or had your team win a championship) you probably don't know any better.

Apphole
August 1st, 2013, 03:05 PM
xlolx Nooga continues to get among the most amount of media coverage in the FCS....in the city of Nooga. Is that atypical? If it is, that school is a joke.

Can't wait to smash this kid's dreams once again when the Mocs get blown out at The Rock. It's too bad he won't be on AGS the next day.

cmaxwellgsu
August 1st, 2013, 03:24 PM

The irony of that is Georgia Southern's name appears in your rented stadium more often than UTC's.......

blueballs
August 1st, 2013, 03:30 PM
Among the many great Chattanooga memories is the 1999 game vs. GSU. Talk about an offensive orgy....

bjtheflamesfan
August 1st, 2013, 03:38 PM
Among the many great Chattanooga memories is the 1999 game vs. GSU. Talk about an offensive orgy....

For those who don't remember (or choose not to like chattown), here is the boxscore from that game:

http://www.gomocs.com/fls/17700/stats/football/1999/gsuutc.htm

Waco Kid
August 1st, 2013, 04:16 PM

How many times did you play in the NC game?

DJKyR0
August 1st, 2013, 04:21 PM
The worst part about this thread is that regardless of what happens this season we'll be in the exact same spot in twelve months. It's an infinite loop of bluster, excuses, disappointment, evasion, disappearance, and at last back to bluster. We're all simply pawns in a game as old as the universe itself.

Mountaineer
August 1st, 2013, 04:24 PM
We're all simply pawns in a game as old as the universe itself.

xlolx

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-eXgdcRadZlA/TujuGyTwgpI/AAAAAAAACe0/rALQ4eOo-r8/s400/128699400344512236.jpg

blueballs
August 1st, 2013, 04:42 PM
For those who don't remember (or choose not to like chattown), here is the boxscore from that game:

http://www.gomocs.com/fls/17700/stats/football/1999/gsuutc.htm

That was a good memory... almost as good as Chattanooga's visit to Statesboro in 2001, which might be my favorite of all.

catamount man
August 1st, 2013, 05:00 PM
WCU's open date is the same day Chatt visits Boone. Think I'll troll up to Boone and LOL at the slaughter of the pelicans and the suicide watch of mr mocs after the ball game. LOL!

bjtheflamesfan
August 1st, 2013, 05:17 PM
That was a good memory... almost as good as Chattanooga's visit to Statesboro in 2001, which might be my favorite of all.
http://www.gomocs.com/fls/17700/stats/football/2001/gsu0922.htm

Here's that boxscore so you can relive it blueballs

blueballs
August 1st, 2013, 06:44 PM
http://www.gomocs.com/fls/17700/stats/football/2001/gsu0922.htm

Here's that boxscore so you can relive it blueballs

You know, GSU's visit to Chatty in 2004 was a fun time too!

chattownmocs
August 1st, 2013, 07:08 PM
Last Chance for 5th year seniors

http://www.nooga.com/162773/mocs-practice-notebook-last-chance-for-the-fifth-year-seniors/

Apphole
August 1st, 2013, 07:17 PM
Last Chance for 5th year seniors

http://www.nooga.com/162773/mocs-practice-notebook-last-chance-for-the-fifth-year-seniors/

Since their careers obviously end in Chatty, it really is their last chance. It's too bad they'll never see a playoff or beat App State.

bjtheflamesfan
August 1st, 2013, 09:57 PM
You know, GSU's visit to Chatty in 2004 was a fun time too!
http://www.nmnathletics.com/fls/17700/stats/football/2004/utc0925.htm

ASUMountaineer
August 2nd, 2013, 07:30 AM

Gold Jerry, Gold!

http://samepageteam.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/bania.png

pike51
August 2nd, 2013, 08:28 AM

I've jerked off to pictures of some beautiful women... what exactly was your point?

chattownmocs
August 2nd, 2013, 08:36 AM
What a bunch idiots. Learn how to read you worthless. From a publicity standpoint hosting for 14 years is highly comparable to playing in it for 2. If you can't follow a pretty simple thread plot, GTFO.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 2nd, 2013, 08:52 AM
What a bunch idiots. Learn how to read you worthless. From a publicity standpoint hosting for 14 years is highly comparable to playing in it for 2. If you can't follow a pretty simple thread plot, GTFO.

http://blog.angelatung.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/inigo-montoya.jpeg

IBleedYellow
August 2nd, 2013, 09:07 AM

I have to replace my keyboard at work because of this statement.

What in the world goes on between your ears?

pike51
August 2nd, 2013, 09:33 AM

It is? Are you f'ing kidding me? Newsflash, UTC got ZERO publicity from hosting the national championship because UTC didn't host it, the city of Chattanooga did. During those games there was no mention of UTC, no UTC logo, not even a shot of the UTC campus. That stadium isn't even on the UTC campus. Interestingly, in all the many visits I made to Chattanooga, weather to play against UTC or for a championship game, I never once went to the UTC campus, nor do I remember having seen it. So much for your so called exposure.

MSUBobcat
August 2nd, 2013, 09:37 AM

You...can't....be....serious. A city owned stadium hosting a national championship garners publicity to a local team that had 3 winning season, no playoff appearances, a 50-96 record, and 7 seasons with 3 wins or less during that span? If UTC was even mentioned during the national championship games, it was to say how sad it is that the local university would never be playing in the national championship hosted in its own city.

BTW, I used espn.com to check their records but could only get from 2002 on, so had to resort to the Mocs website for 1997-2001, and I'm not sure about the accuracy of the info. The Mocs website claims they were 4-8 in 2002, with a 56-7 WIN over West Virginia xnutsx and a 13-3 WIN over TTU xliarx when in fact they lost both by that score.

PaladinFan
August 2nd, 2013, 09:40 AM
You...can't....be....serious. A city owned stadium hosting a national championship garners publicity to a local team that had 3 winning season, no playoff appearances, a 50-96 record, and 7 seasons with 3 wins or less during that span? If UTC was even mentioned during the national championship games, it was to say how sad it is that the local university would never be playing in the national championship hosted in its own city.

BTW, I used espn.com to check their records but could only get from 2002 on, so had to resort to the Mocs website for 1997-2001, and I'm not sure about the accuracy of the info. The Mocs website claims they were 4-8 in 2002, with a 56-7 WIN over West Virginia xnutsx and a 13-3 WIN over TTU xliarx.

To drive the point home, UTC got as much national attention for a FCS title game at a city-owned stadium as Georgia State gets for the Peach Bowl (or whatever it is now called) being played at the Georgia Dome. That is to say, none.

pike51
August 2nd, 2013, 09:40 AM
BTW, I used espn.com to check their records but could only get from 2002 on, so had to resort to the Mocs website for 1997-2001, and I'm not sure about the accuracy of the info. The Mocs website claims they were 4-8 in 2002, with a 56-7 WIN over West Virginia xnutsx and a 13-3 WIN over TTU xliarx.

WVU 2002 season:

West_Virginia (9-4) ** - Non division 1A team
2002/08/31 West Virginia 56 - **Tennessee Chattanooga 7
2002/09/07 Wisconsin 34 - West Virginia 17
2002/09/14 West Virginia 35 - Cincinnati 32
2002/09/27 West Virginia 37 - East Carolina 17
2002/10/05 Maryland 49 - West Virginia 17
2002/10/12 West Virginia 40 - Rutgers 0
2002/10/19 West Virginia 34 - Syracuse 7
2002/10/26 Miami FL 40 - West Virginia 23
2002/11/02 West Virginia 46 - Temple 20
2002/11/09 West Virginia 24 - Boston College 14
2002/11/20 West Virginia 21 - Virginia Tech 18
2002/11/30 West Virginia 24 - Pittsburgh 17
2002/12/28 Virginia 48 - West Virginia 22

MSUBobcat
August 2nd, 2013, 09:54 AM
WVU 2002 season:

West_Virginia (9-4) ** - Non division 1A team
2002/08/31 West Virginia 56 - **Tennessee Chattanooga 7
2002/09/07 Wisconsin 34 - West Virginia 17
2002/09/14 West Virginia 35 - Cincinnati 32
2002/09/27 West Virginia 37 - East Carolina 17
2002/10/05 Maryland 49 - West Virginia 17
2002/10/12 West Virginia 40 - Rutgers 0
2002/10/19 West Virginia 34 - Syracuse 7
2002/10/26 Miami FL 40 - West Virginia 23
2002/11/02 West Virginia 46 - Temple 20
2002/11/09 West Virginia 24 - Boston College 14
2002/11/20 West Virginia 21 - Virginia Tech 18
2002/11/30 West Virginia 24 - Pittsburgh 17
2002/12/28 Virginia 48 - West Virginia 22

Edited my post to clarify that they obviously DID NOT smoke UWV and lost to TTU, which is why I claim no responsibility for the Mocs records from 1997-2001. Here's the website in case anyone wants to see it for themselves: http://www.gomocs.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=88681&SPID=10577&DB_OEM_ID=17700&Q_SEASON=2002

pike51
August 2nd, 2013, 10:00 AM
Edited my post to clarify that they obviously DID NOT smoke UWV and lost to TTU, which is why I claim no responsibility for the Mocs records from 1997-2001. Here's the website in case anyone wants to see it for themselves: http://www.gomocs.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=88681&SPID=10577&DB_OEM_ID=17700&Q_SEASON=2002

Oh, I knew what you were saying, I was trying to support your post. Guess it didn't come across that way.

eaglewraith
August 2nd, 2013, 10:03 AM

http://i.imgur.com/sjL9k.gif

EKU-n-GSU
August 2nd, 2013, 10:04 AM
I have to replace my keyboard at work because of this statement.

What in the world goes on between your ears?

Ahhh...the musing of a crack-addled brain. Just say no, kids.

MSUBobcat
August 2nd, 2013, 10:09 AM
Oh, I knew what you were saying, I was trying to support your post. Guess it didn't come across that way.

It came across right, but it made me realize my initial post may not have been clear.xthumbsupx

Eaglesrus
August 2nd, 2013, 10:22 AM

This is why I keep reading these threads, ALWAYS entertaining!

Bisonator
August 2nd, 2013, 10:35 AM

xlmaox Yes I can see your point perfectly clear! xlmaox

blueballs
August 2nd, 2013, 10:35 AM

Really????

Here's a little question that will disprove that statement...

Everybody knows Georgia Southern has 6 national titles, but how many of you can name the years and cities they were won in without looking it up?

IBleedYellow
August 2nd, 2013, 10:36 AM

You do?

So, how far is your head up your ass?

PaladinFan
August 2nd, 2013, 10:36 AM

Like the guy driving the wrong way down the interstate who thinks everyone else is driving the wrong way down the interstate.

ASUMountaineer
August 2nd, 2013, 10:48 AM

That is a sentence fragment. If you can't follow simple grammar, GTFO.

Bisonator
August 2nd, 2013, 10:48 AM
You do?

So, how far is your head up your ass?

Did you not notice the xlmaox ?

Bisonator
August 2nd, 2013, 10:49 AM
Like the guy driving the wrong way down the interstate who thinks everyone else is driving the wrong way down the interstate.

Yeah, I hate that! xlolx

ASUMountaineer
August 2nd, 2013, 10:52 AM
This is why I keep reading these threads, ALWAYS entertaining!

xnodx

CID1990
August 2nd, 2013, 11:40 AM

WTF

NoDak 4 Ever
August 2nd, 2013, 11:47 AM
http://farm1.staticflickr.com/125/329722475_6237e727b8.jpg

pike51
August 2nd, 2013, 11:54 AM
Really????

Everybody knows Georgia Southern has 6 national titles, but how many of you can name the years and cities they were won in without looking it up?

ME! ME! ME! PICK ME! HEY! ME! I KNOW! ME! ME! I KNOW! PICK ME!

PaladinFan
August 2nd, 2013, 12:29 PM
ME! ME! ME! PICK ME! HEY! ME! I KNOW! ME! ME! I KNOW! PICK ME!

No kidding. I worked in Idaho and I still don't really know where Pocatello is.

bjtheflamesfan
August 2nd, 2013, 12:35 PM
Really????

Tacoma, WA (1985, 1986)
Statesboro, GA (1989, 1990)
Chattanooga, TN (1999, 2000)
(Bonus fact: GaSou is one of two teams to win national titles in three different cities, but the only one to defeat a different opponent on every occasion. Youngstown State defeated Marshall twice)

pike51
August 2nd, 2013, 12:41 PM
Tacoma, WA (1985, 1986)
Statesboro, GA (1989, 1990)
Chattanooga, TN (1999, 2000)
(Bonus fact: GaSou is one of two teams to win national titles in three different cities, but the only one to defeat a different opponent on every occasion. Youngstown State defeated Marshall twice)

You cheated. ;) LOL

bjtheflamesfan
August 2nd, 2013, 12:42 PM
lol...I used PetesPoll.com to verify before posting. Im a sports nut so I live for questions like that

GSUhooligan
August 2nd, 2013, 12:49 PM

CHORUS
Until he hits the one...

REPEAT CHORUS

I'll be.... back in July

REPEAT CHORUS

xbowxxbowxxbowx
Everyone should pull up the video to "who's crying now" and follow along with PC's lyrics. Pure Gold.

TheRevSFA
August 2nd, 2013, 12:57 PM

Congrats on posting the dumbest thing you have ever posted on the site. I forgive you for picking Chatty 2nd in your poll.

Mountaineer
August 2nd, 2013, 01:24 PM
Much like the NDSU/UND UND/NDSU Bingo board of old, it's time chattown got one his own. There's gold in them thar threads. A work in progress.

http://i.imgur.com/azi0WBQ.jpg

chattownmocs
August 2nd, 2013, 02:01 PM
3 more pages of dumb ass misinformation. Finley Stadium was built in 1997 for Chattanooga football, UTC chipped in over 3 million dollars and the rest was subsidized by the city and private donors. The same way cities subsidize stadiums for pro teams the majority of the time. That doesn't make your stadiums better or school better, it makes your cities weak. The school doesn't host the national championship, the same way teams don't host the super bowl when it is in their stadium. Congratulations rejects, it doesn't change the obvious facts that it was played in the home of the Chattanooga Mocs. The school's athletic programs are branded as "Chattanooga" Chattanooga's team" etc etc.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 2nd, 2013, 02:05 PM
You know what? FC Dallas stadium is pretty sweet. Plenty of parking, tailgating and really easy transportation.

pike51
August 2nd, 2013, 02:07 PM
It also doesn't change the fact that Chattanooga didn't even sniff the title game the entire 14 years the game was held in Chattanooga.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 2nd, 2013, 02:16 PM
It also doesn't change the fact that Chattanooga didn't even sniff the title game the entire 14 years the game was held in Chattanooga.

Come on, they probably could sniff it. You could probably smell it from the outside.

pike51
August 2nd, 2013, 02:21 PM
Come on, they probably could sniff it. You could probably smell it from the outside.

Nah... school was already out so everyone on campus had gone home by then.

cmaxwellgsu
August 2nd, 2013, 02:32 PM
3 more pages of dumb ass misinformation. Finley Stadium was built in 1997 for Chattanooga football, UTC chipped in over 3 million dollars and the rest was subsidized by the city and private donors. The same way cities subsidize stadiums for pro teams the majority of the time. That doesn't make your stadiums better or school better, it makes your cities weak. The school doesn't host the national championship, the same way teams don't host the super bowl when it is in their stadium. Congratulations rejects, it doesn't change the obvious facts that it was played in the home of the Chattanooga Mocs. The school's athletic programs are branded as "Chattanooga" Chattanooga's team" etc etc.

And your stadium has Georgia Southern's, App State's, and Montana's names in it more than your own. Thanks for lending us your rented house to win more important games in it than you do.....

bjtheflamesfan
August 2nd, 2013, 03:51 PM

The $28.5 million project needed supporters to become a reality and got plenty of them. Donations from the private sector ranged anywhere from a 10 dollar bill to $1 million. In fact, nearly 40 percent, or $10.2 million of the project, came from private donations. The City of Chattanooga and Hamilton County contributed $13 million, the State of Tennessee gave $3.5 million, and the University donated $2.9 million.

Im no math whiz but I don't think $2.9M is over 3 million (I will add to that by stating that most of your information is accurate as per the above quote, though you did forget the state government's contribution to the project as noted)

TheRevSFA
August 2nd, 2013, 03:55 PM

I thought Chattanooga's team was the Lookouts?

Horseshoe App
August 2nd, 2013, 06:48 PM
Why do you guys keep egging on the troll? Please, do not respond to the idiot. Let him die in his own misery.

Apphole
August 2nd, 2013, 08:08 PM
Chattanooga's (as well as the entire state of Tennessee and even shattowmmocs himself) team is the UT Vols.

Shut up and make me a 12" sweet onion teriyaki on Italian herbs and cheese, REJECT.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 2nd, 2013, 08:11 PM
Why do you guys keep egging on the troll? Please, do not respond to the idiot. Let him die in his own misery.

This is way too much fun.

smallcollegefbfan
August 2nd, 2013, 08:23 PM

Whether it's default or not how come Chattanooga didn't win it with all their NFL prospects and BCS talent? Show us the Chattanooga football trophy room!

smallcollegefbfan
August 2nd, 2013, 08:28 PM
This is way too much fun.

I don't have time to come on AGS daily but I did tonight and I see you guys are still having fun.

bobcathpdevil56
August 2nd, 2013, 09:48 PM
Holy smokes chatting has finally fall in off the end of the earth. Wow even a crazy person would say that was crazy.

TTUEagles
August 2nd, 2013, 10:13 PM
Chattanooga's (as well as the entire state of Tennessee and even shattowmmocs himself) team is the UT Vols.

Shut up and make me a 12" sweet onion teriyaki on Italian herbs and cheese, REJECT.

Woa. Woa. Woa.
That's a blow below the belt...
Don't paint with such a broad brush...

DoWe
August 2nd, 2013, 11:31 PM
Here are a few more good numbers:

Not so sure about this one. Didn't Elon win it one year? I swear I remember seeing a banner.

chattownmocs
August 3rd, 2013, 05:26 AM
Phillip D. Glass dons white Mocs Helmet

http://www.nooga.com/162796/phillip-d-glass-dons-white-mocs-helmet/

chattownmocs
August 3rd, 2013, 05:27 AM
Mocs Freshman QBs getting up to speed

http://www.nooga.com/162790/mocs-freshmen-qbs-getting-up-to-speed/

chattownmocs
August 3rd, 2013, 05:28 AM
UTC's line back at full strength

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2013/aug/03/line-back-at-full-strength/?sportscollege

chattownmocs
August 3rd, 2013, 05:32 AM
O-line preview

http://www.gomocs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=208908760&DB_OEM_ID=17700

catamount man
August 3rd, 2013, 08:15 AM
And you people thought I was nuts?! LOL!!!

Apphole
August 3rd, 2013, 08:33 AM
O-line preview

http://www.gomocs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=208908760&DB_OEM_ID=17700
Worst in the league again?

bjtheflamesfan
August 3rd, 2013, 01:52 PM
Not so sure about this one. Didn't Elon win it one year? I swear I remember seeing a banner.
According to Wikipedia no...Elon has never won OR shared the SoCon football title. In fact once App State and GaSou head to the Sun Belt, only four current members of the conference will have at least 1 title: Chattanooga and Wofford (tied at 4), Furman (who will take the sole lead at 12) and The Citadel (2). Elon has come close (2nd to App State in 2009, 3rd behind App State and Wofford in 2008) but much like UTC since 1984, they have not reached the top of the mountain.

Eagle22
August 3rd, 2013, 08:19 PM

Well, they made a banner ... just didn't win the game that would have allowed them to actually claim it :)

So, you at least were right about seeing a banner ...

pike51
August 5th, 2013, 06:58 AM
And you people thought I was nuts?! LOL!!!

Don't worry, we still think you're nuts. But this clown takes it to a whole new level.

PaladinFan
August 5th, 2013, 07:41 AM
According to Wikipedia no...Elon has never won OR shared the SoCon football title. In fact once App State and GaSou head to the Sun Belt, only four current members of the conference will have at least 1 title: Chattanooga and Wofford (tied at 4), Furman (who will take the sole lead at 12) and The Citadel (2). Elon has come close (2nd to App State in 2009, 3rd behind App State and Wofford in 2008) but much like UTC since 1984, they have not reached the top of the mountain.

Didn't dawn on me until now, but I kind of thought App would have a great shot this season of wrestling the "most titles in SoCon history" moniker away from Furman. Both are tied with 12. Given the preclusion from conference championships, it appears they will stay tied. Furman will (at some point) take the sole lead back. It'll take a while for anyone else to catch up.

pike51
August 5th, 2013, 07:44 AM
Didn't dawn on me until now, but I kind of thought App would have a great shot this season of wrestling the "most titles in SoCon history" moniker away from Furman. Both are tied with 12. Given the preclusion from conference championships, it appears they will stay tied. Furman will (at some point) take the sole lead back. It'll take a while for anyone else to catch up.

Don't be silly... you can't possibly defeat the Mighty Mocs! WTF were you thinking?

PaladinFan
August 5th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Don't be silly... you can't possibly defeat the Mighty Mocs! WTF were you thinking?

I don't know how long it will take for the Mocs to make up the 8 conference championship difference between them and Furman right now, but my guess is it'll be a while. It took App State years of being one of the most dominant programs in FCS history just to tie Furman's mark.

Bisonoline
August 5th, 2013, 09:29 AM

Thank God for AGS. If it weren't for this site I never would have head of the Mocs. Seriously how long have they played this game called football? And why are they supposedly so good at it now?????? xrotatehx xcoolx

GSUsTALON
August 5th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Thank God for AGS. If it weren't for this site I never would have head of the Mocs. Seriously how long have they played this game called football? And why are they supposedly so good at it now?????? xrotatehx xcoolx

Good Question Bison.

Georgia Sother 24 wins against UTC - UTC 4 all time wins against GaSo.
App State 26 wins vs UTC's 10 Wins

With use gone maybe they have a chance to climb in the SoCon

CID1990
August 5th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Good Question Bison.

They'll just find a new daddy is all.

Since Wofford came to FCS, they are 11-5 vs Chatty.

Furple is 27-15 against them.

Plenty of candidates that can step up to carry on the SoCon tradition of consigning Chatty to also-ran status.

pike51
August 5th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Good Question Bison.

The use of facts will not be tolerated here! Chattown has stated that UTC is the greatest team in all of football and therefore it is so. Better just get that through your head! I mean hell, they hosted the FCS national title games for 14 years! Nobody else has done that.

smallcollegefbfan
August 5th, 2013, 04:31 PM
The use of facts will not be tolerated here! Chattown has stated that UTC is the greatest team in all of football and therefore it is so. Better just get that through your head! I mean hell, they hosted the FCS national title games for 14 years! Nobody else has done that.

One thing good about them hosting it is that you knew they weren't going to play in it. I remember when Marshall hosted it and people called the playoffs the Marshall Invitational. The only dominance that happened was App State's dynasty during that run. I will honestly say it's good to see the host site not have a team in the title game. It makes it too one sided in the stadium and takes away from the "neutral" site the title game is suppose to be.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 5th, 2013, 04:46 PM
One thing good about them hosting it is that you knew they weren't going to play in it. I remember when Marshall hosted it and people called the playoffs the Marshall Invitational. The only dominance that happened was App State's dynasty during that run. I will honestly say it's good to see the host site not have a team in the title game. It makes it too one sided in the stadium and takes away from the "neutral" site the title game is suppose to be.

That happened anyway last year.

chattownmocs
August 5th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Keon Williams wants his hands on the ball

http://www.nooga.com/162817/mocs-williams-wants-his-hands-on-the-ball-in-2013/

DJKyR0
August 5th, 2013, 06:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/fgEw7eN.jpg

chattownmocs
August 5th, 2013, 06:23 PM
defensive ends preview

http://www.gomocs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=208935890&DB_OEM_ID=17700

smallcollegefbfan
August 5th, 2013, 07:56 PM
That happened anyway last year.

It looked like NDSU had quite the turnout and SHSU did not dominate the attendance at all? What was the percentage like of SHSU to NDSU fans? I know Marshall completely dominated when at home while App State dominated Chattanooga. App brought more fans in one game than UTC had the entire season combined and not since that had the title game been dominated by one school so much. It appeared as though SHSU and NDSU both had a lot of fans with not one having 85-90 of the fans in attendance.

DJKyR0
August 5th, 2013, 08:14 PM
It looked like NDSU had quite the turnout and SHSU did not dominate the attendance at all? What was the percentage like of SHSU to NDSU fans? I know Marshall completely dominated when at home while App State dominated Chattanooga. App brought more fans in one game than UTC had the entire season combined and not since that had the title game been dominated by one school so much. It appeared as though SHSU and NDSU both had a lot of fans with not one having 85-90 of the fans in attendance.

2011 was pretty much a split straight down the middle between NDSU and SHSU fans, with isolated pockets of yellow-clad NDSU fans interspersed in the SHSU sections. This past year was much more heavily in favor of NDSU - I know our group of about 40-50 was squarely in the middle of the SHSU section and we were far from the only ones. Probably 65-70% NDSU fans.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 5th, 2013, 08:16 PM

I saw 2 total sections out of 33 that were predominantly Sam Houston. Otherwise almost every other section was heavily, very heavily NDSU.

smallcollegefbfan
August 5th, 2013, 08:20 PM
I saw 2 total sections out of 33 that were predominantly Sam Houston. Otherwise almost every other section was heavily, very heavily NDSU.

Sounds like then the only times in the last 20 years or so that 90+% of the fans from one school were when Marshall hosted it and App won the 3 in Chattanooga. SHSU may be the home team but their fan base didn't engulf everyone else. It looked like what you said from TV but I figured I would ask to make sure. I could certainly tell both teams had their fair share of fans. Ask App about when they played UMASS and Delaware. There was like one section on one side that was UMASS or UD but 80% of that side and 100% of the other side were clearly App fans. Marshall dominated in the same way from what those who went to those games told me. At least the last couple years both teams were really well represented.

pike51
August 5th, 2013, 09:10 PM

Doesn't matter... did you host the game at your stadium? Because hosting the title game is all that matters!

MR. CHICKEN
August 5th, 2013, 09:14 PM
[QUOTE=SmallCollegeFBFan;1985248]Sounds like then the only times in the last 20 years or so that 90+% of the fans from one school were when Marshall hosted it and App won the 3 in Chattanooga. SHSU may be the home team but their fan base didn't engulf everyone else. It looked like what you said from TV but I figured I would ask to make sure. I could certainly tell both teams had their fair share of fans. Ask App about when they played UMASS and Delaware. There was like one section on one side that was UMASS or UD but 80% of that side and 100% of the other side were clearly App fans. Marshall dominated in the same way from what those who went to those games told me. At least the last couple years both teams were really well represented.[/QUOTE

17972.....DELAWARE'S AFFLETIC DEPARTMENT...(EDGAR JOHNSON AD)...GROSSLY MIS-MANAGED OURAH COUNT FO' TIX.....AN' TA COMPOUND.......MOUSEKETEERS PLAYED AN' WON...DERE SEMI...ON FRIDAY NIGHT......AS DUH HENS' SEMI WAS SATURDAY......GIVIN' APPY.....UH HEAD START...ON 'NOOGA........BRAWK!

AH MADE DUH TRIP.....BAH GREYHOUND......SPLIT DUH STADIUM....WHIFF 8 MINUTES TA GO.....OWN-LAH GAME...AH'VE...EVERAH LEFT EARLY......HEARD LAST O' GAME ON DUH BUS.......EASY TA UNDERSTAND....MEAC ZEEBS.....NERVOUS CALLS......AS IT WAS UH SEA...UH BLACK N' GOLD........AWK!

BisonFan02
August 5th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Sounds like then the only times in the last 20 years or so that 90+% of the fans from one school were when Marshall hosted it and App won the 3 in Chattanooga. SHSU may be the home team but their fan base didn't engulf everyone else. It looked like what you said from TV but I figured I would ask to make sure. I could certainly tell both teams had their fair share of fans. Ask App about when they played UMASS and Delaware. There was like one section on one side that was UMASS or UD but 80% of that side and 100% of the other side were clearly App fans. Marshall dominated in the same way from what those who went to those games told me. At least the last couple years both teams were really well represented.

If a fan base that doesn't travel well makes it to Frisco opposite of NDSU, it would have been a lot more skewed than it was. SHSU being 3 hours and change away helped them.

chattownmocs
August 6th, 2013, 03:59 PM
http://www.nooga.com/162821/utcs-robinson-ready-for-the-challenge-at-receiver/

Robinson ready for the challenge at WR.

CID1990
August 6th, 2013, 05:31 PM
http://www.nooga.com/162821/utcs-robinson-ready-for-the-challenge-at-receiver/

Robinson ready for the challenge at WR.

You know nobody reads your links, right?

That's what the auto-threads are for

MSUBobcat
August 6th, 2013, 10:48 PM
You know nobody reads your links, right?

That's what the auto-threads are for

So I'm not the only one who avoids the HIGHLY unbiased nooga.com links?!!? Huh.. imagine that xrolleyesx

DJKyR0
August 6th, 2013, 10:59 PM
This thread jumps the gun more than me saying "it's a done deal" when I take a girl on a date.

Bisonvillers will know how much I'm jumping the gun there.

Southern Bison
August 7th, 2013, 12:28 AM
This thread jumps the gun more than me saying "it's a done deal" when I take a girl on a date.

Bisonvillers will know how much I'm jumping the gun there.

So you pick up the check and she still opts for the busboy? xlolx

DJKyR0
August 7th, 2013, 12:33 AM
So you pick up the check and she still opts for the busboy? xlolx

Something like that. I've basically adopted a new strategy where I order a large plate of pineapple and wink.

pike51
August 7th, 2013, 08:28 AM
So I'm not the only one who avoids the HIGHLY unbiased nooga.com links?!!? Huh.. imagine that xrolleyesx

Wait.... you mean nobody else is reading these? WTF am I doing then?!? Damnit!

NoDak 4 Ever
August 7th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Wait.... you mean nobody else is reading these? WTF am I doing then?!? Damnit!

I'm reading them out of pure fascination, thinking I might just figure out from where the delusions are coming.

pike51
August 7th, 2013, 08:55 AM
I'm reading them out of pure fascination, thinking I might just figure out from where the delusions are coming.

http://i43.tinypic.com/eim6ip.jpg

Laker
August 7th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Bong water? That stuff looks like it came out of the Minnesota River to me. xrolleyesx

chattownmocs
August 7th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Defensive tackle preview. Best DT group in FCS, bar none.

http://www.gomocs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&CONTENT_ID=%23temp_CONTENT_ID&ATCLID=208973163&DB_OEM_ID=17700

NoDak 4 Ever
August 7th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Defensive tackle preview. Best DT group in FCS, bar none.

http://www.gomocs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&CONTENT_ID=%23temp_CONTENT_ID&ATCLID=208973163&DB_OEM_ID=17700

Wouldn't trade yours for mine for all the pot you've been smoking to come to that conclusion.

chattownmocs
August 7th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Wouldn't trade yours for mine for all the pot you've been smoking to come to that conclusion.

That's because you don't know what you are talking about.

chattownmocs
August 7th, 2013, 04:29 PM
UTC will broadcast the UT Martin game will be broadcast on CSS. This will basically be a 3 1/2 UTC infomercial. Mocs will have the CSS game along with 4 ESPN3 games this season. Awesome.

http://www.gomocs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&CONTENT_ID=%23temp_CONTENT_ID&ATCLID=208959560&DB_OEM_ID=17700

chattownmocs
August 7th, 2013, 04:34 PM
The best thing about it is that the Mocs will deliver a dominant performance, showcasing their superb talent and amazing facility.

BisonFan02
August 7th, 2013, 04:35 PM
The best thing about it is that the Mocs will deliver a dominant performance, showcasing their superb talent and amazing facility.

They will? Since when?

chattownmocs
August 7th, 2013, 04:38 PM
The game is being produced by the Mocs athletics department, in conjunction with the UTC campus and the Southern Conference. Fans will not only see a top-quality, high-definition broadcast of Chattanooga Football, but will also hear about many of UTC’s Points of Pride. These include being one of only three public universities in the south selected as a U.S. News & World Report Best Value, ranked as a top regional Master’s universities in the South and named a 2013 College of Distinction.

Eat your heart out haters.

chattownmocs
August 7th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Just looked at NDSU DTs. Laughed hard at the notion they anywhere near the level of our guys. 1 2nd team all conference player, and a "freshman all american" who started 4 games and made 21 tackles?? WTF. Then some freshman and Bemidji State? transfers. What the Hell is Bemidji?

Bisonoline
August 7th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Just looked at NDSU DTs. Laughed hard at the notion they anywhere near the level of our guys. 1 2nd team all conference player, and a "freshman all american" who started 4 games and made 21 tackles?? WTF. Then some freshman and Bemidji State? transfers. What the Hell is Bemidji?

Ahhhh they are National Champions. Yours? Look at the stats from last year.

BisonFan02
August 7th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Perry > Lott....and I don't even know why I'm biting on this fine piece of trolling...add in Drevlow and the DE pair of Jirik and Emanuel for good measure.

http://i.imgur.com/LwCVRnd.gif

chattownmocs
August 7th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Ahhhh they are National Champions. Yours? Look at the stats from last year.

Bemidji state was national champions? STFU. You guys are ridiculous. The fact that anyone would hate on me for touting certain guys on our team and then listen to you trolls talk as if every player on your team is the best in the nation at his position is ridiculous. If that was the case you guys would NEVER play a close game. You d-line specifically is not at the level of Chattanooga's. Your LBs may be. Your secondary may be in the same neighborhood, you Dline is not! Our DTs in particular, are bigger, stronger, and more accomplished.

chattownmocs
August 7th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Perry 6-4 282. 18 tackles.

Lott 6-4 303. 57 tackles.

I mean, how easy is it to earn 2nd teal all MVFC honors? 18 tackles? You have got to be kidding me.

Laker
August 7th, 2013, 04:59 PM

You've never heard of Bemidji? Beautiful town, campus is right next to the lake. Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox stand near the Mississippi River. Visit in the summer, it is a very nice place.

Watch one of the greatest traditions in college football- the Beavers jump into Lake Bemidji, just beyond the east end zone, if they win their homecoming game. I was there when this clip was taken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNt3pqDTubU

NoDak 4 Ever
August 7th, 2013, 05:00 PM
The game is being produced by the Mocs athletics department, in conjunction with the UTC campus and the Southern Conference. Fans will not only see a top-quality, high-definition broadcast of Chattanooga Football, but will also hear about many of UTC’s Points of Pride. These include being one of only three public universities in the south selected as a U.S. News & World Report Best Value, ranked as a top regional Master’s universities in the South and named a 2013 College of Distinction.

Eat your heart out haters.

Masters University. heh. University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh is a Masters university.

BisonFan02
August 7th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Bemidji state was national champions? STFU. You guys are ridiculous. The fact that anyone would hate on me for touting certain guys on our team and then listen to you trolls talk as if every player on your team is the best in the nation at his position is ridiculous. If that was the case you guys would NEVER play a close game. You d-line specifically is not at the level of Chattanooga's. Your LBs may be. Your secondary may be in the same neighborhood, you Dline is not! Our DTs in particular, are bigger, stronger, and more accomplished.

....... xlolx at what? NDSU's D led the league last year in virtually every single D statistic and only lose 1 starter (Andre Martin Jr. a transfer from UNI that played 1 season with the Bison).

50 Bryce Messner DL Fr.
61 Brian Schaetz DL 6-1 283 So. Denmark, Wis. Denmark HS
63 Anthony LaVoy DL 6-4 299 Sr. Mahnomen, Minn. Mahnomen HS Bemidji State
67 Brock Russell DL 6-2 262 So. Mandan, N.D. Mandan HS Bemidji State
69 Leevon Perry DT 6-4 282 Sr. Cottage Grove, Minn. Saint Agnes HS
70 Nate Tanguay DT 6-4 288 Fr. Mukwonago, Wis. Mukwonago HS
90 Grant Morgan DT 6-4 266 Fr. Oshkosh, Wis. Oshkosh North HS
94 Danny Luecke DT 6-5 281 Sr. Fargo, N.D. South HS
96 Nick Jacobsen DT 6-3 273 Fr. Prescott, Wis. Prescott HS
98 Austin Farnlof DT 6-1 264 RFr. Cave Creek, Ariz. Boulder Creek HS
60 Ryan Drevlow NG 6-4 281 Sr. Gwinner, N.D. North Sargent HS

Above is the depth chart for NDSU on the D line...bold/underline is the starters, bold alone is the 2 deep....your "Bemidji State" reference to Sr. Anthony LaVoy (converted OL that did see some time last year) and So. Brock Russell, who sat out all year last year after transferring...and likely won't see the field this year either, is pretty weak sauce.

Just the starting pair of Perry/Drevlow...both seniors...have a pair of natty championship rings. You can't combine Chatty's entire program history to match the hardware they have.

bjtheflamesfan
August 7th, 2013, 05:16 PM

Division II (or maybe III Im not sure) school out of Minnesota...oh and here is something to chew on...the "freshman all american" had more tackles last season, than your beloved Mocs had wins in the last three seasons...combined...if you don't believe me...do the math...)

bjtheflamesfan
August 7th, 2013, 05:18 PM

For the record he meant that NDSU was national champions...

chattownmocs
August 7th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Division II (or maybe III Im not sure) school out of Minnesota...oh and here is something to chew on...the "freshman all american" had more tackles last season, than your beloved Mocs had wins in the last three seasons...combined...if you don't believe me...do the math...)

Awesome stat. More tackles than team had wins. What a mind-numbing stat. I guess he really is the best in the nation.

chattownmocs
August 7th, 2013, 05:21 PM
For the record he meant that NDSU was national champions...

And of course that was laughable, they have one guy back who was out and didn't play in the playoffs, and his replacement who only started in the playoffs because the other guy was out. The 2 combined for a gaudy 39 tackles. Let me guess, That's more wins than the Mocs have in the last 10 years right? Again, very insightful and meaningful stats!!

Laker
August 7th, 2013, 05:25 PM

It is D2, but they have a D1 hockey team.

bjtheflamesfan
August 7th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Didnt say he was best in the nation (that was your inferrence)

BisonFan02
August 7th, 2013, 05:27 PM
And of course that was laughable, they have one guy back who was out and didn't play in the playoffs, and his replacement who only started in the playoffs because the other guy was out. The 2 combined for a gaudy 39 tackles. Let me guess, That's more wins than the Mocs have in the last 10 years right? Again, very insightful and meaningful stats!!

WTF are you talking about?

Entire senior class from last year's natty champs:

8 Andre' Martin Jr. CB 5-10 191 Sr. St. Louis, Mo. McCluer HS Northern Iowa
10 Bobby Ollman SS 5-11 201 Sr. Meqoun, Wis. Homestead HS
13 Aireal Boyd CB 6-1 184 Sr. LaPorte, Texas LaPorte HS NDSCS
14 Brock Gion SS 5-10 196 Sr. Regent, N.D. Mott-Regent HS
47 Garrett Bruhn TE 6-1 241 Sr. Beatrice, Neb. Beatrice HS
68 Ty Beckius OG 6-4 298 Sr. Mahnomen, Minn. Mahnomen HS
73 Joe Lund C 6-2 303 Sr. Bloomington, Minn. Kennedy HS
96 Ricky Hagen DE 6-3 242 Sr. Colfax, Wis. Colfax HS

Andre Martin was a starter....Ollman replaced an injured Colton Heagle (who returns this season)...Boyd played special teams...Ricky Hagen was a backup DE to Jirik and Emanuel...

bjtheflamesfan
August 7th, 2013, 05:29 PM

Actually no...its close though (UTC had 40 wins in the last 10 years)

chattownmocs
August 7th, 2013, 05:33 PM
WTF are you talking about?

Entire senior class from last year's natty champs:

8 Andre' Martin Jr. CB 5-10 191 Sr. St. Louis, Mo. McCluer HS Northern Iowa
10 Bobby Ollman SS 5-11 201 Sr. Meqoun, Wis. Homestead HS
13 Aireal Boyd CB 6-1 184 Sr. LaPorte, Texas LaPorte HS NDSCS
14 Brock Gion SS 5-10 196 Sr. Regent, N.D. Mott-Regent HS
47 Garrett Bruhn TE 6-1 241 Sr. Beatrice, Neb. Beatrice HS
68 Ty Beckius OG 6-4 298 Sr. Mahnomen, Minn. Mahnomen HS
73 Joe Lund C 6-2 303 Sr. Bloomington, Minn. Kennedy HS
96 Ricky Hagen DE 6-3 242 Sr. Colfax, Wis. Colfax HS

Andre Martin was a starter....Ollman replaced an injured Colton Heagle (who returns this season)...Boyd played special teams...Ricky Hagen was a backup DE to Jirik and Emanuel...

According to your website you have 14 starts at DT returning. Shaetz 4, and Perry 10. You guys run a 4-3 right? Where are your other 16 starts?

BisonFan02
August 7th, 2013, 05:38 PM
According to your website you have 14 starts at DT returning. Shaetz 4, and Perry 10. You guys run a 4-3 right? Where are your other 16 starts?

Drevlow shows up on the depth chart as a NG for some reason. He started all 15 games. Luecke got credit for 1 start. The Bison regularly rotate their 2 deep and Luecke must have seen the field first for a game.

chattownmocs
August 7th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Drevlow shows up on the depth chart as a NG for some reason. He started all 15 games. Luecke got credit for 1 start. The Bison regularly rotate their 2 deep and Luecke must have seen the field first for a game.

Well then, you actually have a good argument than because he appears to be your best player at DT. I have no idea why he is down there by himself as the lone "NG" on the team.

BisonFan02
August 7th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Well then, you actually have a good argument than because he appears to be your best player at DT. I have no idea why he is down there by himself as the lone "NG" on the team.

To also note, Perry had 14 starts and Drevlow had 13 starts in the 2011 natty champ run too.

blueballs
August 7th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Having watched GSU face both Chatty and NDSU the past two years I can state with all confidence that NDSU is light years better at every level of the defense than Chatty

If NDSU had Chatty's defense they wouldn't have any NC's, let alone two.

chattownmocs
August 7th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Having watched GSU face both Chatty and NDSU the past two years I can state with all confidence that NDSU is light years better at every level of the defense than Chatty

If NDSU had Chatty's defense they wouldn't have any NC's, let alone two.

2012 Georgia Southern

vs Chattanooga

427 yards on 81 plays

5.3 yards per play

vs NDSU

430 yards on 63 plays

6.8 yards per play

Get your glasses checked.

chattownmocs
August 7th, 2013, 06:51 PM
2012 Wofford

vs NDSU

326 yards on 58 plays

5.6 yards per play

vs Chattanooga

249 yards on 66 plays

3.8 yards per play.

chattownmocs
August 7th, 2013, 06:51 PM
You guys can talk all the BS you want. From a common opponents perpective Chattanooga stacks up well with NDSU defensively last year. Of course these are just triple option opponents and aren't truly reflective of the whole season, but on a per play basis it wasn't even close.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 7th, 2013, 07:00 PM
You guys can talk all the BS you want. From a common opponents perpective Chattanooga stacks up well with NDSU defensively last year. Of course these are just triple option opponents and aren't truly reflective of the whole season, but on a per play basis it wasn't even close.

As I said earlier. Dental records.

blueballs
August 7th, 2013, 07:40 PM
2012 Georgia Southern

vs Chattanooga

427 yards on 81 plays

5.3 yards per play

vs NDSU

430 yards on 63 plays

6.8 yards per play

Get your glasses checked.

GSU combined points against NDSU in 2011 & 2012= 27

GSU combined points against Chatty in 2011 & 2012= 66

Learn to read a scoreboard.

chattownmocs
August 7th, 2013, 07:54 PM

You just said you watched both games both years and came to the conclusion that NDSU was better at every level by far. That was a moronic comment. 2011, sure, we will go that. 2012, you scored 22 points by starting inside the 25 including 15 in OT. Chattanooga's Dline, for instance had it's way with Georgia Southern's offensive line and Georgia Southern's Oline dominated NDSU's dline. So how you came to the conclusion that NDSU's dline was better last year based off of that game is nonsense. It was just more trash spewed by you that I just disproved. You need to come up with better material.

BisonFan02
August 7th, 2013, 08:02 PM

And not to pour salt on any wounds :D , but if I recall correctly, NDSU only has 1 less win over Georgia Southern than Chatty does....tough to do considering you guys have been playing each other since 1984.

CID1990
August 7th, 2013, 10:00 PM
And not to pour salt on any wounds :D , but if I recall correctly, NDSU only has 1 less win over Georgia Southern than Chatty does....tough to do considering you guys have been playing each other since 1984.

Now there's a stat for ya

Southern Bison
August 8th, 2013, 12:52 AM

http://www.dumpaday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/head-up-your-ass-funny-quotes.jpg

Jazzman1522
August 8th, 2013, 01:19 AM
Man, I'm way late to the party. I guess that's what I get for disappearing during the offseason to focus on "other sports."

But man, I'm glad this is here. It'll be a one-stop shop for all my entertainment needs on this site. Sort of like a Toys R Us! Why go to, say, Wal-Mart to find toys when there's a whole dang store full of them, am I right? Similarly, why to go to a separate thread for the entertainment that ensues around every UTC game when there's one, right here, that will consist of nothing but that?!

This is brilliant! Thanks chattown!

pike51
August 8th, 2013, 07:45 AM

Chattanooga didn't make this list of NATIONAL universities as a best value. They did make the REGIONAL list in the south at #14 of 15. Behind such schools as Mercer (#1), App State (#7), Citadel (#8), and Samford (#11). Elon was #15.

Creative wording is creative.

As far as college of distinction... that's like being named to the who's who of high school graduates. If you want your school added, you just pay some $$$.

smallcollegefbfan
August 8th, 2013, 09:04 AM

UTC's defense is very good and while they aren't as good as NDSU they are up there and maybe just a step away.

Chattanooga has a great DE, very good DT, solid LB, and two pretty good DBs but they are not nearly as good as NDSU in terms of an entire unit. Chattanooga is a good defense and puts up good numbers overall but they are two big differences.

1. All 11 of NDSU's starters are very good players while just half of UTC's are stars.
2. NDSU has a solid 2nd string while UTC is very thin in terms of depth. There is a huge drop off from Lott to his backup but NDSU doesn't have quite the drop off on their unit.

chattownmocs
August 8th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Chattanooga didn't make this list of NATIONAL universities as a best value. They did make the REGIONAL list in the south at #14 of 15. Behind such schools as Mercer (#1), App State (#7), Citadel (#8), and Samford (#11). Elon was #15.

Creative wording is creative.

As far as college of distinction... that's like being named to the who's who of high school graduates. If you want your school added, you just pay some $$$.

Who cares? We are hosting CSS, we are running the entire broadcast. Read the article and cry me a river. David Blackburn is the man.

walliver
August 8th, 2013, 10:05 AM
UTC will broadcast the UT Martin game will be broadcast on CSS. This will basically be a 3 1/2 UTC infomercial. Mocs will have the CSS game along with 4 ESPN3 games this season. Awesome.

http://www.gomocs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&CONTENT_ID=%23temp_CONTENT_ID&ATCLID=208959560&DB_OEM_ID=17700

I will credit UTC with trying, but the returns from these types of broadcasts are small. GSU tried this several years ago, televising their own games at their own expense, and abandoned the effort. The SoCon decided that CSS games were not worth the expense. One problem is that CSS is not available on either DirecTV or Dish.

Even though the game is on a Thursday, it will have major competition on ESPN and ESPN2.

PaladinFan
August 8th, 2013, 10:07 AM

To put a finer point on it, UTC has had more different mascot combinations over their athletic history than wins over Georgia Southern in football.

chattownmocs
August 8th, 2013, 10:17 AM
I will credit UTC with trying, but the returns from these types of broadcasts are small. GSU tried this several years ago, televising their own games at their own expense, and abandoned the effort. The SoCon decided that CSS games were not worth the expense. One problem is that CSS is not available on either DirecTV or Dish.

Even though the game is on a Thursday, it will have major competition on ESPN and ESPN2.

It's an absolutely huge deal. Especially that UTC is producing it. This is not SS, it is CSS. While it may not be in as many households, it has a reputable college football brand, unlike SS.